"I smell incredible? Ah, ain't you sweet? See, it's a mix of cigarettes, cherry-scented lipstick and Chanel No. 5," he laughed, though did find it difficult to fight a blush from his tanned cheeks. Jasper was nothing like the men he'd dated in the past, and he would never have any recollection of the life he lived before this one... but Theodore did find himself liking the boy more than ever. He liked him before, but only as Vincent's reincarnated form.

Now, he was liking Jasper for Jasper. He liked his awkwardness and his idealistic youthful ideas and he even found the boy cute. He didn't have that obvious sort of beauty, but one that grew on you more and more.

"...I do have to go home, but... I'll be back. Maybe when I do come back, and you're still in love with little old me... maybe I'll have to start taking you more seriously~"

Of course, Jasper wasn't so thrilled that Theodore was really leaving. But there was nothing he could do. But he was determined to prove to the other that he was in love with him Even if it took a few years, he'd still manage to prove it to him. He'd even work on becoming better as a person. He could work out, become stronger and have a better-looking body.

He'd grow some facial hair too, to look more like a man. He wanted to be the perfect man for Theodore. A man he'd want to date and take seriously. He'd become that man no matter what. "Okay...And when you come back, you'll have no choice but to fall for me." Jasper stated confidently, smiling awkwardly at the other.

"Well, don't you sound confident~? My, that's not a side I'm used to seeing from you. If you'd continued like that, we'd probably be inbetween the sheets together right now," he purred beneath his breath, deliberately doing so in the attempt to see the teenager blush profusely. In the end, he decided that being that flirtatious with him was probably too cruel to do.

"...I'll meet you right here, three years from now. Or better yet, I'll meet you in that cute diner, in our spot. You can order me a nice tiramisu and a chocolate gateau," he smiled happily, adjusting his smart blazer. "...Though, if you fall in love with some dashing young man or beautiful young woman before I come back, I don't blame you. I want you to be happy, Vin-- Jasper. Jasper. Gosh, see? You remind me of someone else, I wasn't lying about that."

His entire face was a deep shade of crimson, and he stared at the other shocked. Ws he serious, did he mean it? Or was he just teasing him as usual? Putting it down to him teasing, he nodded as he stood up. "...Three years...We'll meet at the diner. What time? And...And I'll be there. I'll be waiting, and I'll be in love with you still. You can't get rid of me so easily."

Now, things looked certain to go smoothly. Jasper was clearly enamoured with Theodore, and Theodore himself was admitting that he rather liked the teenager. He was leaving for three years, that was true, but he was doing it to both allow the human to grow up and mature, and to test whether those feelings were true.

If they were, and if Jasper had indeed matured, then, however unwise it was, Theodore was going to throw caution to the wind and date him. Dating a human was completely against everything he ought to do, but he wasn't one to follow conventions. He liked the boy and if Jasper proved to him that he was worthy, then sure, he'd date him.

He just didn't expect Kamil to ever enter the scene. He never actually met Kamil, but he'd heard of him through Vincent. Kamil was that troublesome little angel who had captured Vincent's heart - at least before Vincent regained parts of his memories and spared Theo's life for him. For 17 years, the angel had, like Theodore, kept close watch of Jasper. He was often put in charge of checking on reincarnated souls, just to ensure the soul had taken smoothly to its new body, and he took special interest in Vincent's reincarnation - for obvious reasons. He had cared deeply about him, and he saw this as his chance to finally be with him, even if it was with his reincarnation. He'd fallen deeply in love with Jasper when he checked in on him when the boy turned 16, and he wanted to meet him in person.

Dating humans wasn't... encouraged, but it also wasn't frowned upon. Kamil had waited so many years for a slice of happiness, and now, he thought this was his chance.

He just had no idea Theodore was still around. He thought Vincent had murdered him, unaware that, in fact, the man had fooled and deceived them all. Thus, he thought that he had a clear path to Jasper's affections, again unaware that, once again, Theo was around ruining that for him.

A day after Theodore had left, Kamil arrived from Heaven, ready to win Jasper over. Having observed his favourite places to go when he wasn't in school, he was sat on the only free bench in the park, a bench Kasper sat on to read and eat lunch, and patiently waited for the teenager to arrive. He was nervous, but he thought that things would go smoothly. He didn't know -yet- how wrong he was.

266.png

Theodore had been gone for only a day, yet he missed him terribly. He wondered if he'd really be able to win him over. He really hoped so. He walked to the park, holding his kindle, and a Mcdonald's bag since that was his lunch. Walking to his usual spot, he noticed a handsome boy was sitting on it as well. Offering him a kind smile, he sat down on the other end, before opening his book up on the kindle.

Fishing in the bag for a few fries, he popped them into his mouth. Of course, just like he hadn't recognized Theodore he didn't recognize the angel he had fallen madly in love with in his past life. So he simply sat their oblivious that Kamil had been waiting for him.

"...Lovely day, isn't it? Is it always this sunny around here?" Kamil asked happily as he glanced across at Jasper. Unlike Theo, who had only shown interest at first because of Vincent, Kamil was genuinely happy to talk to Jasper. He was interested in him as a person; not the fact that he just happened to be the reincarnation of the angel's first love. Jasper was his own person and the angel wanted to get to know him.

"It's just beautiful," he continued in his friendly sort of manner, his blue eyes happily admiring the beauty of the area. "Just splendid. You're so lucky to... to live around here. I'm new to the area, it's... really what pulled me here, I suppose."

Blinking a bit, he looked up from his story and looked around the park to observe what the angel was talking about. He was right. Today was a beautiful day. He barely noticed it. Jasper had been so opposite about Theodore leaving that he hadn't really appreciated how beautiful everything was today. "You're right, today is really nice. I mean, most days are kind of sunny, but, I don't get to enjoy them a lot. With school and stuff keeping me indoors." He chuckled, glancing over at the cute blonde.

"So you're new around here? Well, nice to meet you. I'm Jasper. Jasper Daniels. You seem young, are you going to be attending school?" He asked. It would be nice to have a new friend. He used to be best friends with Tyler, but...Yeah, Tyler is an asshole. So he was in need of a new best friend. And the blonde looked nice enough to befriend.

"Jasper Daniels? That's such a cool name. You know, like a guy in a band or some famous actor or something," the angel laughed, biting on his pierced lip. It was a major move to have a piercing, especially when the angels back Home barely appreciated it, but he wanted to fit in and he wasn't prepared to dye his hair or have a completely new look. A simple piercing didn't seem that outrageous.

"I'm Kamil, I... I'll be going to the school nearby, so... if that's your school, that'd be great! I need to know someone, because... well, it's scary. Moving to a new state, joining a new school. But if you're there, that'd be mightily helpful for me."

"Yeah I feel you, I was the new kid in middle school before, so I know your pain" He cackled, before offering him some Mcdonald's fries. "But I'll be glad to help you in school. The school's kind of big and easy to get lost in, but I'll be your guide. And Kamil a way cooler name than mine, I mean seriously." Cackled the boy.

Kamil seemed really cool, and sweet. He didn't seem like an asshole.

And so began a genuine friendship between the two that spanned not just a week or a month, but two whole years. Kamil had left Heaven to pursue Jasper. He hadn't abandoned his angelic vows, but he'd taken a long break from them, so confident was he that he could develop a relationship with him. In the end... that didn't quite happen, but not through lack of trying. Around a year of a long, slow pursuit, the angel bravely announced his feelings over a TV dinner with his friend. By that time, the two had moved into an apartment together, with Kamil even getting a cute little job at a chocolate shop. He was so certain that announcing his feelings of true love would be returned... but they weren't.

Instead, he learnt that Theodore Bonnuci was in the mix, yet again. He'd been there, muddling the scene with Vincent all those years ago, and here he was again, having stolen Jasper's heart and caused the boy to spend three years dedicated to waiting for him. Kamil had sacrificed so much to be here, and he almost wanted to laugh aloud when hearing that Theodore was around. He thought he was dead and long out of the picture... but he was alive. Alive, and making Jasper wait for him. It was just so... so... so unfair!

Yet, Kamil remained living with Jasper for the remaining two years. He hoped that he could somehow win him over, but so far, that had all gone horribly. He had such a close friendship, but what he truly wanted never seemed to be on the table. His feelings weren't ever going to be reciprocated, which was why it hurt to see the young man prepare himself for the meeting with Theodore, three years in the waiting. This was Kamil's last chance to really tell him how he felt, and he wasn't going to pass up that chance.

"...Don't go, J-Jasper," he began quietly, standing in the doorway of the bathroom while Jasper prepared himself in the mirror. "Please, I... I don't want you t-to do. I love you, I... I don't understand why... why you don't... love me. I wouldn't leave you for three years, I've been right here! I... That Theodore boy will break your heart, he's... he doesn't sound... like a good g-guy-- please don't go!"

Three years had flown by in a flash. He had made a friend, a lifelong friend. He felt like Kamil was an amazing man, and if he had met him first he'd be head over heels for him. He wanted to be with him, but he was still in love with Vincent. Glancing at him, he smiled sullenly as he buttoned up his shirt. "...Kamil..." He sighed, before leaning on the doorway looking at him. "...I love you too, but I love Theodore too. And...I know it's silly to love him because he left and..." He drawled off, looking away.

It would be better if he dated Kamil. He knew Kamil longer, they lived together and they knew everything about each other. It would just make plenty of sense if they were together. Maybe it was childish that he was holding onto his feelings with me. "...Maybe I should just talk to him."

Seeing how much the human loved that despicably devious demon was horrifying and heartbreaking to Kamil. He saw how much Jasper had changed himself in the attempt to make Theo love him. He'd strengthened up, he matured - he became a man, all to make Theo happy. Meanwhile, Kamil loved him when he had been a lanky, weird outcast, and he wouldn't have dared tried to change him. He loved him now, but he'd love him with all his heart back then too. He loved him when he got dressed up to head out and appeared so dashing. Equally, he loved him when he stumbled from bed, his voice deep with sleep and his hair wild and messy.

He loved him all the time, whatever he looked like, and it made him feel awful that Theodore still always seemed to have the upperhand.

"...You'll always love him more than me," he acknowledged sadly, talking generally rather than specifically. Vincent had always loved Theodore more, and history had an unfortunate habit of repeating itself. He knew that things were just too good to be true. "I-It's fine. Really. I... I'm sure Theodore's a lovely person. Your eyes glitter when you speak of him, that... that's nice to see."

Watching Kamil's heart break like that wasn't so nice. It was true, he'd changed all in the hopes of making Theodore fall in love with him. But Kamil was here. he'd never left. And he loved him for who he was. He never needed to change for Kamil. Kamil had always been here for him. He didn't try to make him a bad boy or worry about corrupting him. Kamil was...Perfect for him. In every way.

Jasper felt like a...jackass for not realizing this sooner. Kamil was literally someone he could be with, without worrying if he'll disappear, or fuck with his mind like Theodore had pleasure in doing. And he didn't have to prove to Kamil why he was so great like he had to do with Theodore. Taking Kamil's cheeks, he wiped the tears away with his thumbs before smiling down at the other. "...I'm a fucking idiot, huh?" He cackled, before leaning in to kiss him happily. Theodore told him if he fell in love with someone else, that was fine. This was all about his happiness right? Well, Kamil made him more than happy.

Kamil knew everything about him. He knew his middle name, his birthday, where he was born, his star sign, his parents' name, his favorite shoes, his favorite food, and his favorite song. Kamil knew what he was thinking without him telling him, he knew when he was crying without shedding any tears. Kamil knew everything about him. And Jasper knew just as much about Kamil. They were perfect together. "...I love you."

Kamil genuinely wasn't expecting that. He assumed that Theodore had just intervened too much in his plans and had won Jasper's heart to such an extent that there was no room for manoeuvre by the angel. When he was proved wrong, though, he was quite happy to admit that. To be gently pulled into Jasper's arms and kissed like that, to be told he was loved, was everything he'd wanted since Vincent was around. He had waited all this time for Jasper to reach a certain age, then went three years having to hear him gush about Theodore. Now, though... now he finally had the chance to be in a relationship he'd sacrificed so much for.

Dating a human wasn't encouraged, especially kissing them when he wasn't engaged to be married, but he barely cared about age old traditions in Heaven. He was a good angel who never once rebelled, but he wanted happiness, and this was his only shot of that.

But... he was still an angel who could't just allow Jasper to kiss him whilst Theodore could be sat alone, waiting. He was the Devil, the very antithesis of all Kamil was, but... he did feel sorry for Theodore regardless. He had been human, he'd been murdered by his lover, then abandoned by him twice... and then cheated on by his fiance, who he then had to murder. Kamil couldn't be heartless when Theodore had gone through decades of hurt and trauma.

"...What about Theo?" He asked breathlessly, his pale cheeks rosy in bashfulness. "I... G-Go talk to him, it'd be rude if you failed to show up."

"Okay." He whispered, pecking his forehead before he left to go see Theodore. This was probably the hardest thing he had to do. Of course, his feelings for Theodore were still there. They wouldn't magically disappear. But he loved Kamil, and Kamil had always been there for him. It wasn't like he could have both of them.

He went to the diner, seeing no one was there yet, so he sat down at the table, waiting for Theodore to show up.

Reactions: potassiumboron
Three years, for Theodore, hadn't gone quite as smoothly. He didn't get to graduate high school and enter a world full of possibilites like Jasper did. He didn't make a best friend that supprted him through thick and thin, who he could stay up all night eating ice cream with and gossiping, like Kamil epitomised.

Theo wanted that. He wanted that more than anything sometimes. He loved the power and the fear and the ability to have people bow to him and kiss his feet, as well as just being adored by a whole population... but sometimes he wanted the chance to just lounge about and gossip with someone. Could he do that anyway? Sure. He just had nobody to do it with since Pearl left. All he really wanted was a friend he could relax around. He had to be this constantly powerful King all the time that he craved some normality.

And because of that, he'd been counting down the days to reunite with Jasper. Slowly, but surely, he found himself craving his company. He could be just a normal guy around him, and he wanted that. Of course, Theodore's idea of normality was hardly... normal. He entered the diner with his signature black lipstick on, donning an expensive fur coat, tight leather pants and even some heels. Clearly, his idea of blending in and being normal wasn't working - but to him, this was normal. Being in a cute diner on Earth, away from the stress of Hell, was just what he needed.

And above all else, he needed Jasper.

It was why, when he saw him sat in the booth, he sat across from him and pulled him into a deep, long kiss, only pulling back when noticing the attention. Not that he cared, really, but Jasper might prefer not to have eyes on him.

"...You look fantastic," he gushed, gently dabbing away the lipstick marks he'd left on Jasper's lips. "...Oh gosh, I missed you so much, darling, I truly did. I... would have come back within a week if I could, but I couldn't get out. It was hell-- quite literally, in fact. But... I'm here and I don't plan on leaving for a while. I'm... right here. Oh, let's order some nice chocolate cake, hm? And I'll pay for some of the fanciest hot chocolates they serve~"

He kissed him. And that kiss literally confused the hell out of him. He came here with all intentions of ending things. Saying that he fell in love with Kamil and that he was in a happy place. But he kissed him. He fucked everything up with just a kiss. Jasper stared at him shocked. Blinking away the shock, he sheepishly smiled, before opening the menu to try and wrap his mind around the kiss. "...You missed me? Well, where were you, Theo? I...I don't understand why you had to leave for three years...I mean, you could have at least text me or call me. A lot...Has changed in the three years about me." Jasper mumbled.

Sitting his menu down he looked at the other, his heart felt like it was in his throat. He felt like that annoying kid in high school again. Awkward and lanky. "I've...Babe, I've missed you like hell too...And I still love you like crazy but...Something happens and I think you should know."

"Babe, I went to rural Italy. Where my family are from-- god, there's no Internet, no connection, nothing. It was like being back in the Dark Ages, it was honestly hell. I was cutely marking the days off my calendars to when I could be here again," he cooed as he happily ordered the desserts and, when they arrived, he began tucking in... only to pause once noticing that Jasper wasn't quite sharing in the happiness. He had slowly fallen in love with Jasper as Jasper, not as Vincent's reincarnation. In fact, he barely thought about that anymore - he'd fallen for Jasper and, in his eyes, they were now dating.

But that all fell apart the moment the atmosphere became tense and he noticed how anxious the boy opposite him was. All at once, Theo's smile faded and he straightened up, that calm but stern smile pulling at his lips.

"You've met someone," he chuckled, rolling his eyes to himself. "Well, don't I look like a mighty big fool right now? I... well, that's awfully sweet, my love. I can't say I'm happy for you when I came here looking to date you, but I suppose it was inevitable. I'm naive for thinking you'd stay... single. Gosh, cheer up, I'm fine. Hurt by my first ever rejection, but I'm fine~"

"Gosh, I'm a fucking idiot. It's not okay! I...I'm still in love with you. Like madly, and stupidly in love with you, and I don't know what to do." He grimaced, leaning his head in his hands as he looked down at the table, unsure of anything now. "I...I'm literally a sad excuse for a man. I talked so high and mighty about how I'm reliable but look at me. I don't even know what I want Theodore..." He knew he loved Theodore. And he knew he loved Kamil. He just didn't want to decide between them. And he didn't want to be that jerk who break's one of their hearts. Life was so fucked up, and he knew he couldn't please everyone. But he wanted to please the both of them.