As the weeks slowly trickled by, the only redeeming feature of his time on Earth was getting to see elements of Vincent's personality in Jasper. He hated having to teach horrid human children, he hated the fact that he was just some average guy here, and he really did hate the constant flirtation he received when he went to bars for a drink. He liked flirting with men and women alike, but sometimes he just wanted to snap their necks. He missed Hell dearly, but it was worth being away just to be around Jasper.

But, as the weeks passed, he did decide that he was okay letting go. He'd held on for years, clinging to the last piece of Vincent he had left, but now, after seeing that Jasper wasn't going to suddenly wake up and remember his past life as Vincent Levard, Theodore was finally ready to move on. It wasn't that easy to make that decision, especially not when Jasper was so alike Vincent, but it was a decision that had to be made.

Jasper was adorable in his own way, and Theo could have fallen for him if he was a human kid at school with him... but he would never be Vincent, and finally Theo realised that.

Currently at the diner with him, with a typically Italian meal set out in front of him, he smiled tiredly over at Jasper. Weeks up on Earth did exhaust him, but now he was ready to just go home and move on.

"I hear your teacher will be back earlier than I planned," he began softly, sipping at his black coffee slowly. A little healing potion in the teacher's water had helped her legs heal miraculously, meaning a day or two and she would be back. He'd purposely helped her out just so he had an excuse to leave. "It was fun, though. Being around, teaching you. It was... great, actually. But I'm out of a job now your teacher is coming back so I... should be off home, really. I'm not from here, I think I'm ready to pop off home where I'm sure they've all been missing me terribly~"

Hearing this didn't make him happy of course. Theo was leaving? He knew it was silly but...He'd gotten a little crush on Theodore...Okay a huge one, but he couldn't help but falling for the man. Theodore was charming, smart, handsome, and so fun to be around. He knew it wasn't right to want to like your teacher, and he knew Theodore probably didn't feel the same for some kid but...He couldn't help himself.

So hearing he was leaving made him upset. "...You'll be leaving? So soon? But...Mrs. Middleton couldn't possibly okay that soon! You've...You've..." He tried to think of reasons for Theodore to stay, but couldn't come up with one...Other than, "I'm here, you can't leave!" But he couldn't say that...Wait did he really just say that? He blushed deeply, grimacing a bit. "...I just...I thought we were friends."

Dabbing the corner of his mouth quietly, it was fair to say that Theo hadn't quite expected this. He wasn't sure he even wanted this. Jasper wasn't Vincent, no matter how many similarities he had with him. Theodore had just managed to let go of his past lover completely, and it hadn't been an easy process. He may be a powerful figure these days, but he had shed tears countless times over Vincent, as early as yesterday night, in fact. But now he was over him and was ready to go home.

So hearing Jasper's words did catch him completely off guard.

"...We are friends, but that doesn't mean I'm going to uproot my life for you, darling," he laughed, pulling his designer sunglasses over his face. "I'll have to leave, but you have plenty of friends. That quirky boy in my class talks to you, and I always see you talking to people at lunchtime. You'll be fine. You're just annoyed I'm leaving because I pay for our lunches together~"

"That's not it Theo, I-I...I just thought maybe we had..." Feeling silly for having fallen for the teacher, he just fell quiet. Jasper was only a teenage boy. Talking about his feelings were difficult. Looking down at his plate of food, he nervously chewed on his bottom lip. He couldn't tell him about his feelings. They were wrong. Theodore was his teacher, a grown man. He couldn't possibly feel the same about him when he was only just a teenager.

"...I...I'm sorry, you're right. I've got a life and so do you.You probably miss home, and your friends and everything." He mumbled, no just pushing his food around on his plate with his fork. Hearing Theodore was leaving made him not want any more of his food. "...I'll miss you though." He weakly mumbled. He'd miss him more than those words indicated.

"I don't have many friends. Not many people are worthy of my company, love. I choose my friends carefully-- but I'm sure she's missing me. My friend Pearl is... my only real friend, and I did sort of abandon her to come here, and I'm sure she's awfully mad at me. Oh, besides you, of course! You're a friend too, but what do you expect me to say? That I'm going to stay just because you have a little crush on me?" He chuckled, resting back and retrieving his cup of coffee, whilst casting a glance outside at the busy streets. A small part of him was delighted that Jasper felt like this, because he could pretend that it was really Vincent.

But that was precisely the problem. He was pretending, and that wasn't fair on Jasper at all.

"...Don't get me wrong, I think you're adorable, but you're much better suited to some... teenager in your school who has more in common with you. Oh come on, cheer up. You don't look good when you frown, Jasper. You had a crush, it's not serious. When I was your age, I had crushes all the time on people I shouldn't."

He didn't like being told that his crush wasn't serious. Like it was just some puppy-love and that he was only a child. It didn't feel like puppy-love. It didn't feel like he wasn't serious. He felt more than a little serious. He really liked Theodore, and he was leaving and saying they had only been friends...Well, that was true, but he wasn't allowing it to blossom into something more than simple friends. "...Theo it isn't just a crush okay? Don't....Don't speak to me like I'm some child, and I have no idea what I'm talking about I do."

Jasper glared angrily at Theodore, clenching his fork. "...Where are you going anyway? Is it far? Can't you visit? You...You can at least give me a chance before just tossing me to the side. I'm not a kid...I may only be seventeen, but I know what I'm feeling right now, and I want to prove to you that I am a man, and...And that I really like you." He admitted, his cheeks a deep red as he got it off his chest. Just a moment ago he was having problems getting his feelings of his chest, but he had a sudden confidence boost.

"And don't you speak down to me like that, I don't appreciate it. I don't appreciate your bitchiness, frankly, and while I admire your bravery and courage in admitting all this, it's useless. I don't see anything happening between us, darling. I had a soulmate, he left me and you remind me too much of him. I'd rather move on, and I can't move on when you're so similar to him. You want the real reason, so there. Happy?" He sighed, dramatically rolling his eyes as he pursed his lips, that of which were coated in a layer of shiny lip balm. He couldn't really wear his signature black lipstick to teach at the school, unfortunately, so the clear, scented lip balm was the only way he could feel like himself. He missed his outfits, he missed Pearl, he missed his lipstick and eyeliner.

He was starting to miss Hell, and Jasper wasn't really enough to convince him to stay.

"You really know how to end things happily, don't you? You couldn't just accept my polite refusal without argument and complaint? It's pathetic, Jasper. Grow up. I was trying to spare your feelings, but if you want the truth? I don't like you that much, not in that way. You don't come close to my ex-boyfriend. Okay?"

Hearing this did make the teen tear up. He thought Theodore...Felt the same for him, and maybe was holding back because of his age. But hearing this tore him apart. He blinked away his tears, refusing to cry. He was a man, he wasn't going to allow this to affect him. "...Whatever." He hissed, grabbing his back, and storming out of the restaurant. He couldn't believe himself. He allowed himself to fall for yet another asshole and get his heart broken in the process.

Life was so unfair. He just told Theodore how he felt, and to be so...So rudely rejected hurt like hell. And the only reason Theodore was hanging around him because he reminded him of some ex? That was so fucked up. He used him in some fucked up way to get over his ex. How could he be so cruel, and so heartless? He had no idea that he had been dealing with the Devil. Jasper just wanted to go home, binge watch Netflix and eat until he passed out so he could just forget Theodore.

This wasn't Vincent; this was just some cowardly little boy who ran away when things didn't go his way - something Vincent never would have done. He didn't fancy Jasper, that was true. He wanted to, desperately. He wanted to meet him and then maybe find that Vincent was still there, laying dormant under the surface. When he discovered that Jasper was just Jasper, he lost interest pretty quickly - not that he found him horrible company. He wanted to still look out for him, and he planned to have a demon continue the yearly report just so he knew how Jasper was, but going as far as to date him?

That would never happen. He may have moved on from Vincent now, but that didn't mean he was going to ever date anyone else. Nobody would ever compare to Vincent, and that was just the truth of the matter.

Though, it didn't mean he couldn't feel guilty for blurting it out so bluntly to him. Trying to force himself to finish his coffee, he eventually groaned in annoyance and quickly made his exit to appear behind the teenager, grabbing his hand and tugging him to a stop.

"Quit being dramatic, that's my thing. I'm the dramatist, the theatrical one," he pointed out, finally giving up on his personal ban and silently sat on the bench nearby to apply his lipstick. He was leaving the city in a matter of hours, so he lost the ability to care if anyone passed by and stared weirdly at him. "...My boyfriend's dead. It hurts being around you because you remind me of him. I wasn't trying to be mean. It's just the truth. You... are a lot like him and it... it's comforting but it hurts. I know you're nothing like him, and I like you as your own person, kid, but I won't pretend I don't find it difficult."

He stared at him angrily, grimacing as he looked away. "...I'm not your ex, or whatever. And I'm sorry for your lost..." Mumbled the teen as he wiped his face. Theodore made him feel like a fool. And here he was making him feel even worse. He reminded him of a dead ex? Well, how was he supposed to fix that? How was he supposed to make it so Theodore would be with him comfortably? "Theo, what do you even want me to say to that? I...I just don't get you. You act like you like me, and you were always flirting with me. Then you tell me I'll never amount up to your ex, and now....Now I just don't know! What do you want from me?"

"I'm confusing. I'm a mindfuck. You either accept that or continue to be annoyed by it," he laughed with a roll of his eyes, admiring his reflection in his small mirror and only when he was perfectly satisfied with his appearance did he turn his eyes back onto the teenager. He didn't want to hurt him more than he had, but it was far too difficult being around him. He did remind him of Vincent, and then sadly reminded him that Vincent wasn't coming back. How was he supposed to be around someone who made him simultaneously feel comforted and depressed?

"Listen, darling, I... do care about you. I just think you have a little crush on someone you shouldn't. I'm not a good guy," he shrugged, resting a leg across the other while pushing up his sunglasses. "I'm rather... dangerous, actually. I don't think a sweet kid like you should be interested in a horrid old man like me."

"You're what, three or four years older than me? You aren't old, and you're so nice. You helped me feel better when Tyler slept with my girlfriend, and you've always been there for me just to talk and....And you've done so much good for me. Why do you think you're a bad person?" He asked, sitting with him completely confused.

"...I get it, you're a mindfuck and all. But let me in a little, so I can understand just a bit. Because honestly, I just think maybe you're afraid of your feelings for me."

"Oh sweetheart, don't be so arrogant. I'm fully aware of my feelings. I just have a lot going on in my life that I imagine would scare you. I'm a Satanist, for a start. Does that scare you? That I believe and pledge allegiance to the Antichrist?" He slowly smiled whilst lighting his cigarette; another habit he'd hidden around the teenager until now. He was lying to him still, but calling himself a Satanist seemed the closest he could get to the truth - he could hardly tell him he was Satan himself, could he?

"I've also purchased rat poison in an attempt to kill my neighbour. I don't think I'll do that, though. Just because he snores and I can hear him through my walls is no reason to die, I suppose," he laughed, at least this time telling the truth... except, he had already killed the poor man, purely because he snored. Not that Theodore cared much about something so despicable like that.

"So no, I don't think you should be with me. I'd just corrupt you and you seem like such a good little boy~"

Hearing this did frighten him a bit. But he was taught to fear all of what he said. He was just a human. "...Theodore...You'd never hurt me though." He finally whispered, before standing up confidently. "You'd never try to hurt or corrupt me. I know this for a fact." Crossing his arms, he stared down at the demon. He was going to date this man. He didn't know when but...He'd do everything in his power to make the other fall madly in love with him.

"...You know, I could have you back with your ex if you asked me to. I could get any girl -or boy- to fall at your feet. I could grant you any wish your little heart desired - a leaner body, riches beyond your wildest imagination, eternal life. I could do that, and yet you'd just rather date me. I think your thinking far too small, sweetheart. I'm... let's say I have considerable skills that could grant you whatever you wanted. You'd pass on that? I'm rather disappointed that you don't be selfish and greedy-- but I'm also aware you scarcely believe a word I'm saying right now," laughed the demon as he tapped the ash from his cigarette coolly, letting the cigarette hang in his nimble fingers as his eyes eagerly examined the boy over.

"...Not my type, really. I like my men to be dangerous and wild and... unpredictable. You're just some young kid-- you're adorable, but you're more suited to someone boring and vanilla."

"...Okay, I'm a kid right now...But in a few years, I'll be a man. Would you date me then? And yes, if...If you could really grant me any wish, I'd still want you. I don't know why I feel this strongly about you, but I do...Maybe you're...The one for me." Mumbled the boy. He was unaware that his feelings for Theodore were so strong because Vincent's love had been so strong.

Jasper was so in love with Theodore, and already was willing to work hard for him. He didn't know he was a demon, ruler of Hell. If he had known he'd be scared, but he'd get over it. He was in love with Theodore.

"...Maybe you are, maybe I'm simply being far too... boring," he decided as he calmly rested back against the bench, soaking the sun up with a tired smile on his now blackened lips. This was one thing he didn't get to do in Hell; soak up the sun. He could tan in Hell easily from the heat, but it just wasn't quite the same as sitting back on a bench in the park with the birds tweeting about around him. It was so peaceful and lovely.

Just because he was the Devil didn't mean he couldn't appreciate natural beauty. He had been born human, after all.

"Come sit down, darling. It's beautiful weather, I want to soak it up," he began, patting the spot beside him with an enticing grin. "I would much prefer to come back and see you when you were a man, but I don't think it'd change my opinion. You're a good boy, sweetheart. That's fine, you know? I'm just more into... bad boys~"

"....Well, opposites attract." Jasper mumbled, moving to sit down with him. Sheepishly, he interlocked their fingers, at least wanting to hold his hand. If Theodore was leaving soon, he wanted to be able to touch him as much as he could. "I think if you actually gave me a chance, you'd realize that I was right and that we could actually work. Sure I may not be a bad boy but...I'd treat you greatly. I mean bad boys cheat on their partners or are just unreliable." Which was true. Lucy cheated on Theodore, and Vincent was unreliable.

"You should try to date a nice boy. I'd treat you well, and we can still have fun. I'd never cheat on you and you could always rely on me." He mumbled, moving to peck his cheek, his own cheeks turning red from kissing him.

He knew that the boy had a point - his two only boyfriends had either been a cheater, or been so unreliable that it wasn't even exciting. However, he didn't want to tell the boy that and make him believe that he had some sort of chance. Truthfully, Theo wasn't sure how he felt, but just in case he decided to be mature and not get involved with this boy, he didn't want to disappoint him by making him think he had a shot. Instead, he opted to not say anything about the chances he may or may not have. At least then he was protected by ambiguity.

"See, I'm not sure why you like me so much. I believe in Satan and witchcraft, I've openly declared that I date dangerous people-- and hey, I used to be a prostitute and a stripper, working at a strip club. In fact, I still do that occasionally. Nothing I say will make you hate me, will it? You're so adorable-- but so young and so naive," he sighed, placing his cigarette on the ground and cupping the other's cheek quietly, leaning in closer. His scent was an intoxicating mixture of smoke, cherries and expensive perfume, as was his breath as he quietly pushed in a tad more.

"You're too young. You're... barely 17, you know? And I'm really old, older than you realise. Come find me when you're older and... and I'll reconsider. That's as fair as I can be, hon."

Theodore was right. Nothing he said would make Jasper not want to be with him. His hazel eyes stared at the other in a mixture of shock and lust. They were so close that he could feel the other's breath on his face. He could barely focus on anything he said as he stared at his black-coated lips. He just wanted to kiss him so bad.

"Y-Yeah, o-okay." He agreed, looking up to those green eyes. They were such a deep green. He'd never seen eyes so green before. When he first met Theodore, they looked a little yellow, but today they were just a deep vibrant green. Theodore was so beautiful. Would he ever like him back? Jasper really hoped so. "...You smell incredible."