RANT Your Brains Out #98274

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is my family so exhausting to deal with? Y'all are in your 40's and 70's respectively, why is it so hard to talk to one another? This has been going on for 13 years and you've only tried to directly address it once? And even then, you still skirted around the main issue. Are you kidding me? I know you've had chances to talk shit out since then, so why haven't you? It needs to be dealt with before any of you do something you regret.

As a British citizen, I wish Theresa May would just shut her goddamned mouth and stop tanking the Pound sterling. We get it, Conservatives would love nothing more than to be fiscally subservient to American business, but as usual, everyone not wealthy suffers for it.

That moment when the local radio decides to spread false information and you contact them only to have them chew you out. "Trusted sources" my ass.

That moment when the local radio decides to spread false information and you contact them only to have them chew you out. "Trusted sources" my ass.
Yikes. :/

Reactions: Shiri
This may sound like I think its funny, and I kinda do. But it is extremely infuriating.

So I've always had this curse where people can't understand what i'm saying no matter how simple I put it. One of my old bosses told me to tell him when I had a half shift, so I did. One day I tell him EXACTLY like I have been and he just couldn't comprehend my words. I say "I have a half shift today" And he's like "I don't understand what you're trying to say... Do you want me to check if you have a half shift?" And I'm like "No, i'm telling you I have one." and he's like "Okay... I'll check for you.

!WELL it started happening to my friend, and someone I met recently too.
My friend asked for lemonade no ice. He got strawberry lemonade with ice. So he said "No, I wanted normal lemonade with no ice" so they get the ice out and give him the strawberry lemonade. So he's like "Do you guys not sell normal lemonade here?" And they're like "We do" (now they AWKNOWLEDGE what he was talking about) so he said "Okay, I want normal lemonade" and then they try giving him the strawberry lemonade again right at that moment. He gives them a weird stare like "REALLY?!" and then suddenly the waiters like "Ohhhh, you wanted NORMAL lemonade" and he's like "Yeah" the moment the waiter turned around my friend nearly jumped out of his seat and then he was like "Now I know what its like to be you DX"

Another time was I went up to someone and said "Can I have ranch?" and the girl was like "Ranch?" and I'm like "Yeah, can I have ranch?" and she just stares at me blankly and then she says ranch again, I repeat, she repeats, I repeat... I'm thinking "She knows what I said, I really don't know what she's processing." meanwhile my friend is in the background laughing his ass off beccause of the sheer absurdity of this situation. She finally gets my ranch and I'm like "Why are you laughing?" and he was like "That was the most stupid exchange of words Ive ever heard. You were as clear as possible and she just couldn't grasp that you were asking for ranch.

And recently with the new friend I met (Because of this bullshit ironic enough) the team has a discussion about the proper way to fill out a thing of paperwork. They ask who wrote it, he says it was the boss, and everyone starts acting like he wrote it. So he's like "I mean I didn't really write it, I was just there when the boss wrote it" but nobody could comprehend that so they keep blaming him. The worst part was it was the one who filled out the paperwork that complained about it being wrong later on DX Reminds me of a math teacher I had that showed me how to do a problem, then marked his OWN ANSWER WRONG!

So I run into him hiding at the lockers during lunch and I'm like "Oh hey, its you :D" then we start talking and I mention what happened and he's like "FINALLY! Someone who can understand English."

It just baffles me that people can't process simple phrases, at least around where I live.

I am BEYOND done with this ear infection bullshit.

First off, how the fuck did I get one so bad to begin with? Did I catch it from one of our students? idk
All I remember was picking up after my dog on Sunday morning then within a span of 2 seconds LOST ALL HEARING IN MY LEFT EAR. Everything spiraled out of control from that point on. Deep throbbing pain, and an intense headache that sent me to an urgent care office. I could barely fill out the paper work without crying from how bad my head/ear hurt. Finally got to see a doctor, and he checks me over. Then proceeds...to blow my mind. Doing so by telling me that my tonsils might be to blame since them, the ears, nose, and throat are all connected.

Mind you I have always had larger than normal tonsils since I was young. Not only that, but for YEARSSSSS whenever I get sick or suffer from allergies I 9/10 will lose hearing in either one or both ears. Sometimes for weeks. At times for several months. I have been to my primary care physician more than once about hearing loss over the last two years or so, and she just prescribe me ear drops. Also telling me to take an allergy pill too or a decongestant.

NOT ONCE DID SHE EVER BRING UP MY HUGE TONSILS AS A POSSIBLE PROBLEM
Not even as a possibility of the cause! Not even once. Yet this doctor I have never met before did?
In fact it was like I was a new person each time I saw my doctor instead of being the same exact person coming to see her for the same exact problem. Funnily enough I had JUST seen her for a physical two days prior to losing my hearing/being told I had an ear infection, and also mentioned difficulty swallowing, and a severe sore throat. Turns out all of that is connected. Literally so. My tonsils quite possibly at the very center of it all.

What I want to know is how long does an ear infection start/spread? Because within 48 hours from seeing her on Friday to tending to my dogs on Sunday, all hell broke loose. Was my ear completely fine when she saw it? Because according to the other doctor he saw a bunch of redness, deep swelling, and a lot of other things beyond my eardrum. Mind you after seeing her I went straight home, and was still at home when I lost my hearing. Losing my hearing multiple times a year is..scary. But stupid me never thought much of it because my doctor never seemed concerned. Now that its come to this, and I could suffer lingering damage because of this infection in the long run. Hopefully I won't. I want my fucking tonsils out. Right now.....I want to hear normally, and have it stay that way.

TLDR;
Getting my tonsils out may solve a long running issue of hearing loss

I'm so anxious right now, why the fuck?

Update on the radio fiasco: Now someone posted about it to Facebook, further spreading the lie. X.X I asked the poster to take it down, but I might have to go to the Facebook admins for false news and bullying. Asdfgjkl. Thanks, radio casters.

I am so very tired. I just want to snuggle the sheets and fall asleep, but I also want to be on Iwaku and play Diablo.

What am I to do? :(

I am the most forgetful piece of trash

I don't even have excuses anymore. No 'sorry I didn't see your post' or 'sorry I was too tired' or 'sorry I was busy'

just

'sorry I forgot because I opened your message and said "I'll reply to it later!" and then forgot like 10 minutes later that I ever received a message'

so you'd think I'd start to learn how to reply to things immediately after opening them
but no

blame it on the meds

I am working really really hard on my from home business (and it is a business, despite what Certain people are trying to tell me) and it's hard enough to work a business without constantly hearing this "it's nothing but a scam" "it's just predatory and takes advantage of people" and "those people are the worst kind of people". You know what? Fuck all y'all. I am busting my ass to take care of my family, and whether you believe it or not, it is a job. Let's see if it's a scam in a few years when I'm a director and you're still flipping burgers, you fucking walnut.

You threatened my dog after entering illegally. Of course he snarled at you, you invaded his den.

You openly threatened to kick my dog .

I am going to watch you burn you sick son of a bitch.

I hate people, I really do. If the entire world's population of humans suddenly turned into spiders, I'd be perfectly okay with that. Which is strange considering I hate spiders, but I'd much rather deal with them. At least with spiders I could kill them if I needed to. Not saying I want to kill people, but I can't shove them outside when they get on my nerves, or smack them in the face with a newspaper....if only it was that damn easy.

the reason that I put up a front is because the 'real me' is needy and pisses people off all the time without trying (or maybe that's the other part of the 'real me' making shit up again)

and anyway it's easier to just not let yourself get close to people to start with because then you don't allow yourself the chance to get rejected. that always hurts so much more.

I mean I just want someone to chat and have fun with. but every time I start to get comfortable, it feels like people turn away from me.

it is just easier to remain alone, frozen and protected in a block of ice

Almost started crying over getting a bagel into and then out of the toaster (both of which were much more difficult then it had any right to be).

A bagel.

That's it. I'm done for today.

Goodnight.

major panic attack rn that i don't even know what to do, or what i'm doing, i just want to rant to someone but i can't because it goes against the rules and it's times like these i wish the person i was comfortable ranting to was online on the chat system i talk to her on and i'm just... i don't know how to handle this situation and i'm afraid to message the person who i'm getting a panic attack from and it's at night why does all the drama happen at night

Reactions: Flannel
Omg! These new, automated phone calls are so damn annoying! You don't even realize that they're automated because they talk in full sentences and it's almost like you're speaking to a real person, until you give an answer. I know I don't like talking to people, bu I dislike talking to a recording even less....

Status
Not open for further replies.