Radiation Poisoning

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She perked up. "G- guys? Did you h- hear voices just now?" She asked, obviously frightened.

V tilted its head, nodding slowly though it did not seem to be in answer to her question. The storm outside was just as severe, and hadn't let up where they were yet.

Tank knocked on the and called out "V, Mira are you guys in here ive managed to get food from the survivors."
Tank was lucky that he was a hardy species of mutant even for a class 2 who could just about ride out a storm due as his tough skin protected him from the dust storms and rain that comes during the storms,

V moved the stuff and opened the hole, the wind was ripping around the steadfast Tank. "Come in good sir." V stepped to the side to let the mutant in. When Tank entered V quickly closed the hole and pushed the dresser back in front of it.

Mira stayed alert for the voices she thought she heard.

"Tank did you see anything in the storm, any... people?" He used the term people loosely since mutants sometimes didn't resemble people at all.

Kit looked at the pilla inn her hand then threw them out the hole as soon as V opened it.

"I have no need for them. I was mistaken. I didn't mean demon. I meant mutant."

She corrected herself. Kit had been thinking about her book of demons in her dresser when she said that son it was no surprise. Kit could understand what Mira was thinking for she head heard voices to. Calling for number... 5 was it? She nodded mentally, remembering their words.

Mira looked over and nodded. "Something like that... Wait... V was your name... right?" She said as she turned to look at him. "Isn't the letter V an alphabetic number for 5?" She asked, curious.

"Alphabetically V is the... twenty second." He nodded matter-of-factly, now Roman numbers were totally different. "Every class two mutant needs them, especially those who use their powers often. I have seen what happens when they don't take them, and is isn't pretty." It was rather, impish actually.

She went to the entrance and put her head against the blockage to listen to the outside. when she heard nothing, she closed her eyes to hear better.

"I thought i saw shadows but those were probably just the wind wipping up plumes of dust or class 3 mutants stomping round out there, doubt lt humans would last there long" Tank replied as he put down the food

Mira looked at Tank. "But... I could have sworn I heard something..." She said, trying to convience them all that she truely did hear something.

"Blast this damn wind!" Avo shouted as he trudged through the sand. He had to keep most of his weight forward to keep from falling backward. His rifle swayed in it's sling behind him. Being a human, he knew he wouldn't last much longer without shelter. The cloth he protected himself with was beginning to wear down because of the high speed sand.

"See! There it is again!" She suddenly shouted. "I heard another voice out there." She quieted down a bit. Her tail flicked for a second as she put her head against the barricade again and listened some more.

"I'm going to see what it is." Kit said and opened the hole enough for her to squeeze through. "Close this up once I'm out." She told them then disappeared in the storm. Kit put a barrier around herself and the sand bounced off the invisible shield that fit her body perfectly. She looked around while she walked and noticed someone. "Hey!" She called.

She reluctantly closed it up. "Hopefully she'll be okay..." She worringly said.

Avo was still trudging along when he heard someone call out. He looked around for the source. It was hard to pinpoint it because of the wind. "Is someone out there?!" He shouted. As soon as he did a gust of wind threw him back a few yards. He landed against a peice of crumbling wall. A rusty rebar was inches From his torso. He desperately clung to it to keep himself in in place. "Help!" The sand started to blow against any exposed skin and peel it off. This is not how I wanna go out. He thought.

Kit panicked as she saw the body thrown next to a rebar. But with panic came courage and determination. Kit ran to him with superhuman speed and reached him within minutes. She used her powers to put the shield over his body as well to keep him protected from the storm. She reached a hand out. "Can you stand?" She asked, her left ear flicking once.

She whimpered when she heard some yelling. "I need to see what's wrong..." She said in a panic. She began trying to pull open the barricade, struggling.

Avo took her hand. "I can." He almost fell forward because he was used to leaning on the wind. "Thanks." He did a quick pat down of himself to make sure he had all his items. "Do you have a shelter?" He asked. This mutant obviously couldn't keep her shield up forever.