Radiation Poisoning

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Call me Avo." He had another name, but he wouldn't tell them that. Not now, atleast. He scanned the room, looking at their faces. "Sorry I threatened you. I was worried you would try to kill me as you pretended to put bandages on."

She attempted to smile back, but it was just an odd frown half smile.

V closed its eyes and sat there cross-legged, it went to sleep a short time later.

Kit was a little surprised when he told them why he was threatening them but couldn't help bit chuckling. "Do I really look like someone that would save someone just to kill them. That's the dumbest thing I've heard." She said, amused. She stood up and called Kila over. "I forgot one more. Avo, meet Kila. She's my pet who was once just a cat that looked like this but now..." She said and let Kila leap out of her arms. Kila was swallowed up by flames and when they disappeared she was a large demon. She rubbed her head against Avo's chest then was swallowed by flames again and back to her normal size.

Mira went up to Avo, crawling on her hands and knees. "So... you're a human??" She asked a little confused. She hadn't seen a human in forever. She thought they were extinct. "You don't have a tail or claws... nothing like that..." she muttered, getting in his face and examining him.

Kit looked over at Mira in disappointment. "Mira, give him some space. He needs to breath." She lectured. Honestly, what was up with her? Just because he was a rare species doesn't mean she had to be all over him. Kit's fox tails twitched in annoyance.

"You'd be surprised what some groups do to trick a wanderer into trusting them. And then they eat his best friend." Avo tensed up a little as the cat rubbed him.

He replied to Mira. "No. No mutations here. Just good old humanity."

She went up behind him and examined him there, ignoring Kit. "Wow I can't believe you didn't mutate." She said, starting smile.

"just the thought disgusts me." She said, thinking how sick it was. Kit noticed Mira was starting to smile and sent her a scary glare. "Watch it." She warned her.

She looked at Kit and sat down, looking a bit scared. Her tail drooped.

Kit stared at Mira a little while longer before turning her attention to Avo. "Please excuse her. Apparently no one ever taught her manners." She told him, her voice rough as she cast glances over at Mira.

Tank spoke up from being quiet in the corner " i remeber what it was like being a human once it was great in till the bombs droped and my whole town was iradiated and the species i come from was born"

She crawled back in front of the human and just stared at him. "How old are you?"

Outside the storm raged on, the houses had caused the mutants to pause so they could search them, and with their halt the storm halted as well. It wouldn't be long though, until they moved on. It was dangerous for everyone if the class threes were idle too long.

Kit felt a wave of jealousy wash over her when she saw Mira so close to the human. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked at the dark wall that the front of the bed was pressed up against. It was clear Mira was flirting with Avo. But one think lingered in Kit's mind. Why did she care? Kit sighed heavily and jumped off the bed. "Open the entrance, I'm taking a walk." She said, talking both V and Tank. She didn't care which one of them opened it so long as she was bale to leave. Kit knew the storm still raged on but the house suddenly grew smaller and the oxygen was being used up. She felt like she was suffocating. She walked over to the dresser, waiting for it to be moved.

V did not wake, even when the thunder shook the roof. Tank would have to move the dresser, or she would have to do it herself.

Kit shifted non-stop, refusing to allow the air in her lungs out. She knew that when she did she'd be gasping for air and that'd just be.. well.. embarrassing! She kicked V, hard, hoping he would awake. her gaze shifted from him to Tank then back. She couldn't hold it much longer.

Avo could tell Kit was upset about something. He decided to ignore it. "25 years. I don't know why I didn't. Probably just lucky I guess." He replied to Mira. He actually did know why he didn't mutate. It was another thing he would not just tell the beings he just met. "How old are you?" He asked Mira. She seemed to speak like she was rather young.

"Damn!" Kit finally yelled and roundhouse kicked the drawer. A hole broke right through it and she jumped through the hole. The sand immediately started to cut her and the wind encouraged it. She used her powers to put the same shield around herself when she helped Avo. She stood up and began walking around aimlessly, ignoring the pain. Inside the house Kila was covered in the same cuts in the same places, thanks to their bond. The demon cat cried softly at the pain and rolled around.

"I'm 13 years old." She said, almost proud sounding. "My birthday wasn't too long ago." She said with a smile. Her tail waved around in excitement. "What's it like being a human??"