Radiation Poisoning

Kit looked over at Mira, her eyes worried. "What's wrong?" She asked her. She couldn't quite put a finger on it but her instincts were telling her that something was wrong with Mira. Kit stood up and walked over to the girl. She sat on her knees in front of her and put a hand on her head. "No fever." She muttered.

She blinked, confused. "Um... n- nothing is wrong." She lied. She was worried that if they were to start worrying all about her, then she would get them hurt, killed or worse. "I'm fine, Kit." Mira said with a small smile.

Kit rolled her eyes and stared Mira in the eyes. "Save your lies for someone that will actually believe them. I know something is wrong. You can't hide it from me. Now, tell me." She told her.

V slid down from the roof, rather ungracefully falling on its face then sliding to its chest, with the rest of its body vertical against the wall. "Those fruits are probably going to give you cancer you know." Its arm snaked out and grabbed a pear shaped rock, which it brought to its mouth and took a bite out of. "Though everything will probably give you cancer in this landscape." The large mutant offered the bitten rock to Tank silently.

It had been a while since it had been around other people, but it remembered the common courtesy of offering food to potential meals. Everything was a potential meal, one had to learn that real fast or risk starving to death to become someone else's meal. V was a survivor, the best one from the last group it was with, and it did what it needed to, to survive.

While they were busy getting antiquated the noise from the fighting mutants had died off. Now all that could be heard from the other side of the house was the sound made by a feasting monster, the tearing of flesh and snapping of bones. The scent of blood would be strong when the wind changed direction.

Tank introduced him self to the new stranger "The names Tank, it was Hank befor the bombs dropped but it the name got misspelled by a mutant with a speach impediment and the name Tank kinda stuck"

V shrugged and tossed the rock over its shoulder, it the house and dropped to the ground. "Interesting story Tank. What happened to the mutant?" It picked up an old book and flipped through the pages upside down, obviously not reading.

She looked at the new 'friend' and stood up, trying to avoid telling Kit what was wrong. She walked over to him and sort of sniffed, to get his scent. She figured since the other two were friendly, so was this one. "What's your name, mister...?"

V smelled like a hospital laundry room, and was completely androgynous. "My name? Well the ones is white called me V, so I guess that is my name," its voice was androgynous as well. Its legs started to pull away from the wall, arching over its back and head, contorting to plant both feet on the ground, V's jacket somehow managed to stay in place, which was lucky since it had nothing else on. With a jerk its chest and head slid back and then raised from the ground until it was standing straight, then it leaned back against the wall. On its neck, was a green tattoo: V.

She looked at his tattoo. She nodded and smiled. "You're strange, but that tattoo is pretty..." she quietly added.

V touched it with one hand, "The men in white gave it to me when I was small. Just after the radiation." He realized how much he towered over the rest of them and sat down cross legged. "I don't remember much from before the radiation." He picked a mushroom growing from the wall and studied it in his fingers.

Kit was disappointed when Mira didn't answer. She sighed softly then heard the green monster she was slightly afraid of tell her his name. Kit, being taught to always use her manners, stoo dup and bowed slightly. "Pleasure to meet you. My name is Kit." She greeted him politely and stood up straight. She smiled kindly, her eyes gentle and kind. She turned to face Mira and the one who called himself V. "Mister V, was it? If I may ask, what type of species are you?" She asked him kindly, choosing her words carefully so as to keep her manners up.

V shrugged, "I was human, once. I think." He stuck the mushroom in his mouth and swallowed it, "I'm not sure what I am right now. What species are you?"

Kit smiled at his question and stood up straight. "I'm a two tailed fox." She told him. "I was once human myself but after everything happened, I awoke one day and looked in a river to see this species. I was scared, until I realized it was me, of course." She told him and chuckled lightly, amused at the memory.

She sat down next to V. She picked up a random box that happened to be near and she opened it up, inside was paper. She put it down, sighing in dissapointment.

Kit caught a glimpse of the paper but instead of sighing she snatched the box up and took out a piece of paper. "Perfect!" She said in excitement. Kit got down on her knees and folded the paper into an amazing paper airplane. She stood up again then threw it up. The wind caught under it's wings and it flew high into the sky. Kit watched it, her eyes happy yet pained. It brought back memories of her former life. One which she could never have again.

Mira stared in awe. "So cool!" She exclaimed, loud for the first time. She giggled as the plane flew further and further, higher and higher, until of course the plane fell. "How'd you do that?" She asked Kit, amazed.

V stood up, "I'll be right back, gonna get something I saw earlier." It reaches up to the roof, and vaults onto it, then leaps off the other side and is out of view. It sprints across the open area, running dangerously close to the surviving monster. It dropped to its side and slid into the body of the giant mutated bear. Grappling with it V got a grip in the fur and lifted the massive beast's corpse off the ground. V started to carry back toward the house, the other mutant distracted by something else.

Mira questioned in her mind as to what he was doing. She simply shrugged and looked at the sky.

Kit looked over at Mira, forcing the pain in her eyes to go away. She smiled once more. "Simple. You just fold the paper into the shape of an airplane. Want me to teach you?" She asked her, sitting down on her knees and grabbing another piece of paper.

She nodded excitedly. "Please." She responded.