Radiation Poisoning

Kit was honestly surprised that they knew she was around. She wasn't even used to others speaking about her. She stared them down once more to see if they were dangerous but smiled when she figured it out. Kit slowly flew down on the pink feather, not wanting to be rude. When the feather touched the ground wind whirled around her. Once it was gone she was standing there, the pink feather hidden in a pocket in her clothes. "Hello." She greeted kindly.

Mira looked at the new stranger, moving a bit closer to Tank. She was now silent, not knowing what to say.

Kit was now unsure of what to do and say. Usually someone else was supposed to say something and the conversation kept going. She shifted uneasily but eventually decided she should introduce herself. "My name is Kit." She told them and bowed slightly. She stood up straight and looked at the two of whom she thought were lovers. After a few minutes of silence she spoke up again. "Are you two going to speak or be rude." She asked them, her eyes becoming cold. She didn't like people that were rude to someone who was being kind. It annoyed her.

Mira looked down at her feet. "I'm Mira..." she finally spoke, very quietly. She was now very, very uncomfortable and nervous.

Kit's expression became gentle once more as she heard the girl. She smiled and leaped back a little, landing on a large piece of broken building. She stood in the same position from before, one leg half way up. Kit put her hands together behind her back. "Nice to meet you." She said politely. Kit's two fox tails rested behind her, reaching her knees.

She nodded and started digging in the dirt. Mira thought that maybe some scraps or a bag of chips may be hidden under it.

Kit raised a brow when she saw the girl named Mira begin digging in the dirt. She leaned forward a little and tipped her head to the left a little. "What are you digging for?" She asked her, curious of her strange behaviour.

"Food..." she responded. "I haven't eaten in a while. I just need supplies..." she spoke again, quieter this time.

If Kit were a human she probably wouldn't have heard Mira when she answered. "Oh." She said. Suddenly, Kit feel to her knees, clutching her shirt as she felt the pain of hunger come back. This time stronger. She managed to open one eye half way but the other remained closed as she did her best to fight it. She stayed that way for a few minutes before she was able to open both eyes. She panted, tired from the battle against her body. She stood up carefully and sighed softly. "I think I'll help." She told her and got on her hands and knees. She then began sniffing the ground, moving around like a baby.

Mira coughed a little as she carelessly got dirt in her face, making her tail poof even more. She heard a crumple of what sounded like a bag of chips, but when she pulled it out, all that was in the bag was rocks, sand, and a small spider. She sighed as she layed down, tired.

Kit stopped when she heard Mira sigh then her body shift as she laid down. She looked over her shoulder at the girl and shook her head. "You shouldn't give up so easily." She told her then kept searching. After a few minutes Kit sat up, smiling. "Aha!" She said, a lunchbox in her hands. She turned towards Mira and opened it, hoping there would be food inside. Thankfully, there was! Kit grabbed the apple and small bag of carrots, leaving the cookie and bag of chips in there. "Here." She said and slid the the lunchbox to Mira. Kit sat down and began eating the carrots.

She looks over to the box and grabs the chips, putting them next to Tank. "Here Tank..." shesaid quietly and she turned back to Kit. "Thank you..." she said quietly.

Kit watched as Mira gave the green monster named Tank the bag of chips. Kit stayed clear of Tank, disgusted and freaked out about him. She turned to Mira and smiled. "No problem." She told her and continued eating the orange baby carrots.

Mira ate the cookie, but once she finished it, she realized how thirsty she was. She wasn't even sweating in this heat. She layed down once again, keeping quiet about it as to not worry the other two.

Kit soon finished her food and looked over at Mira. "hey, I forgot to ask. How old are you?" She asked her, quite curious now. Since that had shared food they might as well get to know each other a little better than just names.

"Thirteen..." she replied quietly, and a bit dry throated.

"Nice. I bet you can't guess how old I am?" Kit teased, wanting to ease the scary feeling in the air. She chuckled lightly and stood up, twirling once then stopped, hands behind her back again.

Kit's eyes widened in surprise. "Wow, that's correct." She said in amazement. She plopped down and sighed, looking up at the sky. "Everyone usually guesses 10 or 11 on the first try. It's annoying." She told her, her eyes becoming cold.

"Eheh... honestly I took a really random guess, miss..." she said as she scratched the back of her head and sat up.