R.O.C.K On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luna came to a few moments later, blinking quite a bit and slowly sitting up. She still seemed a bit shaky but the color was coming back to her face. I was clutched tightly in her hands as she sat there. She looked around a bit, then finally found Caramon on the floor. She looked down at him.

"I'm ok....I just....too many people......" she took a few deep breaths, "Too many people staring...I just.... I don't mind people you know that....but...all that attention...I just....I remembered that I still...have to call my parents. They need to know I'm ok and about our...engagement."

I was laughing a bit at her. She just stared down at him, looking quite a bit better now.

Noticing Luna was awake, Caramon got up and laid on the bed next to her, wrapping his arms around her as he spoke.
"I'm sorry, Luna, I forgot about everything because I was so excited that you said yes to both of my questions. If you don't want to live here, I won't stop you. That must've been pretty traumatizing, so I wouldn't blame you if you up and left..."

He rolled off of the bed and walked towards the door before Z stuck to his chest and activated his boots, which threw him back onto the bed next to her before changing back to normal as Z spoke to him, making sure he could be heard by Luna and I.
'Just sit down and shut up! Do you think she'd leave after something as small as that?! She loves you, dammit! Doesn't that mean anything to you?! You finally went and got her answer, and now you're being all emo about a few little things?! Just stop it! It's no wonder you need me around, you keep on putting the world on your shoulders, and now that you have someone to share the burden with, you're saying she doesn't have to carry it? Are you an idiot? A wife is someone you rely on when you need help. She's there for you so you don't have to do things alone. If you love Luna half as much as I love I, then you need to share how you feel instead of just holding it in, and you need to sit and listen instead of running away. Got it?!'

Caramon nodded at Z's words, finally turning and smiling at Luna as he finished.
"He's right. I love you, so we can figure something out."

Luna pinched the bridge of her nose when he mentioned her leaving. She couldn't believe he'd think she'd leave him over something so stupid. She was glad that Z could talk some sense into him. She knew he could be like that, freaking out at the smallest of things. When Z yelled at him she smiled and leaned against him as he spoke to her.

"My love, it's not just the amount of people. You know I don't deal with stress well and....all those people trying to talk to me and introduce themselves....then realizing I still have to call my parents... that's a lot of stress on me VERY suddenly," she tried to explain, "three or four at a time is fine but all those people all at once....just THINKING about it makes my heart race...."

Her body was trembling slightly at the thought.

"Just a little bit at a time....that's all....Once I know who they are it'll be fine but....still...do you understand now?" Luna asked.

I laughed, "Z you are REALLY a good match for that bird-brain. It's so cute the way you yell at him. And....you know Z....I feel the same about you."

Caramon smiled and wrapped his arms around her, gently stroking her hair as he spoke to her in a gentle tone.
"I understand, dear. I'll do what I can to keep from having too many people around you. I used to have that problem for a long time, but getting to know these people, I just kind of got used to it. I hope we can get to the point where we can eat with everyone in the dining hall, but I think we should start small and just have you interacting with a few groups doing individual things around the house. I'll help you, since it'll give me an excuse to show you around while I introduce you to the family."

Caramon's smile widened as he continued, a mischievious glint in his eyes.
"Oh, by the way, your parents are pretty interesting people. They said you liked elaborate things like that robot, so I went and took their advice. I'm glad it worked. I actually had those items you asked for ready for a while, it just took me a bit to make the ring-bearer robot, so I put the deliveries to my shop on hold until I was done. I'm sorry I was so secretive about it, but I wanted to be sure you'd be happy with it before telling you that your parents sparked the idea. At least that's one less thing to worry about, right?"

Z was flustered by I's response, even the white parts of his metal turning a deep red as he spoke, mere inches away from her.
'I, you're still as beautiful as ever. Do you think...maybe we could...you know...see if they'd mind...a double wedding?'

Luna's face turned dark red. "So....th-they know?! I....Uhhh....ummmm..." she looked at him and her eyes widened a bit, "I uhh......yeah...that is one less thing....which reminds me..." She dug around in her bag and pulled out the little robot. She then removed the ring and looked at him. "Are you going to put it on my finger? Or am I gonna have to do it myself?"

I laughed a bit. "Z, We're biometals. We don't need a wedding. Besides, there are more important things to worry about remember? The Mavericks. We've got to fight them. And...Z I think that we... need a bit more time to work out the problems we had before. Remember? I...I couldn't be myself around you. This is all WAY too serious for me."

"And here I thought it was lost in the attack." Caramon said as he placed the ring on her finger, a big grin on his face as he looked into her eyes, seeing the light of the setting sun reflecting off of them like a gentle flame across the water.
"It's getting awful late, so I doubt any of the other Biomatches are gonna come today. I was wondering, would you want to do anything before going to bed?"

Z's tone turned to that of understanding, with a hint of sadness.
'You're right, we've got a job to do. I know what you mean, but that doesn't mean we can't make the most of the little things, right? You were always the one flirting with me, I was was just too dense to see how you truly felt. This time, I'm going to do what I can to be more open and honest with you, and not take things so seriously, okay? I want you to know the me that I can only be with you. I'm going to do what I can to defeat the Mavericks and keep you safe. And before you comment on that last part, I know you don't need a baby sitter, I just worry about you, is that so bad?"

Luna looked at him. "Just eat....I'm a bit hungry," she replied as she rested her head against him. Her stomach gave a loud rumble, "well....ok I'm REALLY hungry."

"It's gonna be an uphill battle for you Z. I do love you, but it was hard for me to be...well ME. But We'll see. I know you're a good guy. So we'll have to work on it. You shouldn't be protecting me we should be working together. Though you are right about me not needing a babysitter. I'm not the bad shot, SHE is." I had a bit of an attitude with her comment.

Z's voice came out in a light, sorrowful tone before slowly shifting to a comical one.
'Well, you're right. I was always so serious about everything, my duty, my honor, my life. But now, I have a chance to make things right. She may be a bad shot, but why do you think most of my weapons incorperated my other Z-saber? Where did that go, I wonder? I hope the reason I was so serious wasn't because I had it shoved up my ass."

Caramon smiled as he placed his hand on her head, running his fingers through her hair before getting off the bed and smiling at her. "Then your dinner will be ready momentarily, milady.' he said with a bow as he left the room to fetch a meal.

Z began to speak to him via their link now, to be sure he just looked like an ordinary medallion to the eyes of the others running around, while Caramon prepared Luna's meal.
'You know, you're not what I expected you to be, to be honest.'
"What do you mean by that?"
'I mean, you're more emotional than I thought.'
"And that's a bad thing?"
'In certain circles it could be. You need to think before you act sometimes. It helps keep everyone safe.'
"You're right. I'll try, but I need you to help me."
'What're partners for?'

After Caramon finished his task, he returned to the room and set the food on the table beofr speaking to Luna.
"I need to extract the combat data from that Maverick's head, but I've heard that Maverick parts are tainted and dangerous to use, so I wanted to know if I should stay here and destroy it tomorrow, or if I should go ahead and try to extract the data tonight. What do you think I should do, my dear?"

Luna frowned as she looked at him. "If we DO try to extract the combat data it should be on a fresh computer we have no problems with destroying. I don't know HOW the whole maverick thing works, but it's best not to take that chance. The last thing we need is something to happen to an IMPORTANT computer. All the data I've gathered still haven't given any answers as to how this all works."

She frowned as she thought, taking a bit of food to munch on while she thought.

Caramon sat as he watched her eat, a smile crossing his face as he looked at her.
"You've got such a cute face, but when you make your serious, thinking face, it's just adorable. You're right, it'd be best to do that, but we need to make sure it's not connected to any servers before we jack in, otherwise it could infect the network, and then everyone'd be screwed."

He walked over to the window, opening it before sitting on the sill, looking out into the night sky, the few stars visible from the city twinkling brightly.
'So, you're not gonna tell her?'
Caramon looked at his left arm, a faint red beam coming from a small crack in his wrist.
"She doesn't have to know. As soon as I get enough money, I can just get it replaced."
'In order to do that, they're gonna have to take off your real arm under all that, you know that, right?'
"If it can keep her safe, what's an arm or two?"
'You do know that's she's gonna find out eventually, don't you?'
"Hopefully, by then, we won't have to worry about it."

He hopped back inside and stood next to Luna, stealing a bite of her food before sitting down across from her, his cheeks swollen with food, and a smile on his face, commenting after he swallowed.
"If we can get that data and somehow rewrite its code, we could make weapons for the other Biomatches, and maybe even figure out why 'bots keep going rogue."

Luna's face turned a deep pink. She continued eating not really saying anything. I and Luna watched Caramon walk over to the window. I decided to take this time to talk to her.

"So Luna, what are you going to do about work tomorrow? I mean it'd be awful hard for you to get there, not to mention you don't have any other clothes right now." I commented.

"You've got a point....I can't afford to not go to work," she sighed.

When Caramon came back she looked at him and nodded. "That could work. we'd have to look at the code....but who knows if we can even work on it....I mean it could be too complicated." she frowned a bit.

Caramon's smile grew as Luna spoke.
"Well, you're a genius, so I bet you can figure something out. If worse comes to worse, I'll just have to jack in myself and use my avatar to figure it out."

Caramon could see the concern still lingering in Luna's eyes, guessing at what could be wrong.
"And speaking of work, you're worried about it, aren't you? You left your clothes at your apartment, but I do have a few things in that walk-in closet that you might like. I made 'em meself." he said pointing to a pair of folding doors in the corner, "I hope they fit. My favorite's Blood and Midnight, the dress in the back, but you can try on whichever ones you like."

Marti sighed as she got back home, moving away piled of rubble that fell near the garage she called home. The building was fine and she could still get in so she was thankful for that. Some of her equipment had fallen, but she could deal with that in a little bit. For now, she needed to get her poor baby on its stand. X watched Marti from her pocket, interested in what she was doing.

Hey, Marti, are you sure you're alright? You've been awfully quiet... The biometal asked, looking up at Marti as best as he could.

"Yeah... I think I'm fine. I just... I can't work on Evie right now. I need to give her a break for today, she's been through a lot. You, however..." Marti smiled as she pulled the biometal out and set him on her work table. She pulled out what looked like small hover boosters and a few screwdrivers.

This got poor X to start sweating. H-hey, Marti, I thought we talked about this! I would like to not be dissected please! He squeaked as Marti started to attach the small hover boosters to X. This got him giggling as she attached a base for the hovers so they didn't mess with his hardware. She smiled as she finished screwing in the last bolts, tapping the biometal as he started to float. I... Is it over? X asked, sounding a bit scared.

"Yes, It's over you scaredy cat. I made a promise, I just can't be carrying you around the house all of the time so I attached hover boosters to you so you can follow me around. When we go out though, You're going to have to find some other way to stay hidden, maybe I can make you a chain or something." Marti sighed as she looked over at Evie. She stood up and walked over to her bed and sat down, thinking.

Marti... thank you. I'm glad that you're my partner. X floated over to Marti and rubbed against her cheek. Marti smiled and patted the robot's head.

"I'm glad you were in that engine I found... Speaking of finding engines, wanna go check on the junk yards to see if there's anything useful?" Marti asked X, standing up with a smile. X nodded and floated over to her neck, making a chain to hold him around her neck. Marti smiled and rubbed X's head, if he had a head, and headed out, glad that her home wasn't destroyed.

The remains of the maverick were mostly not useful anymore. The metal could be re-used, but most of the hardware was done for thanks to numerous attacks. But still. There was something inside it that gave off energy. It is probably its core, which stored not only its energy source, but also its soul. If it would be analyzed, it could be possible to find out where it came from to begin with and maybe prevent future attack through the same route.

As Ludus looked around once, he would see that someone else approached the maverick's remains. A human, probably a few years younger than him, walked straight to it, not afraid of anything and keeping a somewhat dark expression.
Add.jpg
Something about him was strange. Even the Biometals would notice something dangerous about him, and it might be a good idea to follow their advice (Which doesn't mean they have to).

Luna looked at him, her face turning a bit red.

"I uhhh...but......dresses? Really? I...I climb all over stuff sometimes...I just...uhh..." She started to become a bit flustered.

"OH Just get in there! I wanna see!" exclaimed I.

Luna sighed and headed to the closet, opening it shyly. She didn't really want to try on the dress but he had made it for her. Part of her wondered how he could manage such a thing, after all he'd need her measurements which was a very private thing.

As Marti walked back in the general direction of the junk yard, she noticed that Ludus was still on the maverick and that there was some new guy walking up to it. She looked curious as she started to speed up, interested in just who would walk up to a dead Maverick like that.

Marti, I think you should stay away from that guy... He doesn't seem right to me. X whispered, scared of the strange man.

Marti looked down at X before shaking her head. "If he starts attacking I'll leave. For now, I want to see who he is." So she ran toward the scene, curious as to what was going down.

" Ludus, lets get out of here " biometal A said, ludus opened his eyes slowly and turned to look at a newcomer walking up to the maverick " whos that? " ludus said standing up slowly " I dont know but i dont like him so lets get the hell out of here " Biometal responded to his question. Ludus ignored it and began to walk towards the guy " Aye buddy, what're you doin? " he said sliding down the side of the maverick towards the incoming guy. " STOP LUDUS! " this caused ludus to latch onto the maverick " what is it boxy? " ludus questioned " I said i dont like him and i dont trust him lets go! " biometal A sounded worried " Boxy..." "BOXY NOTHING! I SAID LETS GO! " ludus sighed, " Alright boxy calm down " ludus said dropping down next to the approaching man " plus if he tries anything sneaky i can just runaway "

The boy stopped because his way was blocked. Despite being approached like that, he kept his calm mood.
"Out of my way, Human."
Something about him was off, and it was not his clothes.

" Human? " he looked down at his un suited body " Oh... " looking back up and stepping in his way again " you have a very odd way of telling people what you're doing " he said looking the man over again " Watch out ludus he might try and kill you " Boxy said to ludus, ludus nodded a bit. " Very odd suit you have on "

Marti... X warned the girl who simply walked toward the two. She was curious as to who this man, who apparently was either a robot or something non-human, was. She smiled as she walked up to stand next to Ludus.

"Hey, what's going on here? Being around a Maverick is pretty dangerous, you know." She folded her arms across her chest, wondering just what was going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.