R.O.C.K On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caramon smiled, wrapping his arms around her from behind and kissing her cheek as the titan fell.
"Exactly like that. I knew you could do it, and you looked simply amazing doing it too."
He looked at the giant mass of metal and decided his part in the fight was over, looking to the others to deliver the finishing blow.
"You guys've done well, but we need to finish this thing off. When you're ready, each of you needs to fire a blast at the core. That should make sure that this thing doesn't hurt anyone ever again."
With a mischievous smile, he pointed at the robot. "When we're done here, I'm gonna use this thing as parts for some new weapons and gear, anyone interested? I call dibs on the head, if it's still in one piece after all of this. I need to use it as part of something I've been planning on working on for the last while now."

Don't tell me you're going to give up.

"Of course not." Cormag grunted out. "But this... is a battle I can't win. Ngh~!" His chest heaved with an unfriendly burning, his nerves crying out their pains. There was no way Cormag wanted to lay down and die here, but so wounded as he was, there was no way he'd stand a chance against the Maverick.

"Wait... the hell is that?"

Those? They're destroying the Maverick.

"You're kidding me-! Augh... couldn't even scratch..."

They have... Powers, so to speak. So do you.

"...I do? How...?"

You could say it runs in the family.

Cormag blinked. He dropped his shooting arm and opened the sidebag he'd been carrying since this morning. A tiny trove of old mementos from the ruins of his old home appeared, but what stood out was a firm, fiery glow. The source: a strange artifact, of sorts, almost like a metallic idol. Without even asking, Cormag somehow knew this was the source of the voice he had just been hearing.

...You wanna finish that thing off, right?

"...Hell yeah, I do."

Just repeat after me, and then do what comes natural: Rock On

Clenching the item with his hand, Cormag thrust it with the last of his strength into the air, and bleated out, "ROCK ON!"

The small device blinked a green color for a second or two before the transformation took place.
"Daa-daa, doo-dum, doo-doo, doo~" the Biometal's voice sang.
"No, stop that. You're not creating a theme song for my transformation."
"Aww, but they have one on all the tv shows that you secretly watch!"
"Shut up."

When it was done, Victoria looked down at herself, wincing slightly. The suit had always been a little too…bright for her taste. It's greatest redeeming factor, though, was that it gave her the ability of slight which helped in situations like these. Taking a running start, Victoria caught the wind under her newly aerodynamic form causing her to take off in the direction of the Maverick and, consequently, in the direction of the other Biometal users. The first two that came into her line of vision was a girl and a guy who seemed to be huddled a bit too close together to be strangers. Settling on a tiled floor nearby, Victoria glanced around at the others. There was another girl, a few more guys scattered around. Strange… She wondered if they were all a team of some sort. That or this was quite the coincidental Biometal reunion.

Luna smiled a bit bashfully at Caramon. "Sheesh, you're always such a flatterer," she giggled, "And you always know just the words to say." She couldn't help but smile and feel relaxed. The maverick was as good as done for and it was going to be of some use to Caramon. In the time everything had happened she had nearly forgotten the question he had asked but him being right behind her sparked her memory. She knew it would be important to give him the answer, part of her wanted a bit more time to process it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Writing Owl
The biometal spoke to him " nice shot you got " ludus smirked " yeah im pretty good " he looked at the flirting couple " uhm...whats going on over there " " i dont know let me find out " ludus cupped his hands slowly around his mouth " HEY LOVEBIRDS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! " he leapt down onto the maverick and walked along it smirking.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Model F's R.O.C.K. System engaged, the biometal bursting into energy and data. The magma-like flow of the biometal's knowledge quickly enveloped him, amplifying muscles and nerves, and syncing weapons knowledge. In the space of just under a second, the flash of flaming light that had enveloped Cormag disappeared, leaving a powerful, orange-plated Reploid in it's place. Observing himself, Cormag took mental note of knowledge he didn't know before: the pair of intense, Megaton-knuckle blasters stored on his back, the boot-mounted thrusters, and even a sort of HUD. One of the prominent elements (besides the fire) seemed to be some sort of aiming program for each blaster.

Cormag Model F, you're in business. Good to have you back.

Cormag hesitated, "Hold up. You said that as if we've met before."

Did I? Well, that Maverick's not going to kill himself, is it?

"You're missing the poi- No, forget it," Cormag sneered. First priority WAS to off that Mechaniloid, so really, Model F had the point. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts and focus, Cormag scanned the area and literally locked on to the Maverick's head, jutting from a lying-down position between the buildings.

Ejecting and equipping the knuckle-blasters, Cormag kicked off and jetted forward at high speed, preparing a heavy smashing attack. Heat quickly built up in the right blaster, and with a roar of "EAT THIS," Cormag thrust the huge weapon forward. With precise timing, the momentum and power of the blaster smashed into the side of the Maverick's head, knocking it clean off with a thundering smash and propelling the decapitation right into the side of the building, where it made a nice indent in the brickwork.

Having come to a full stop, Cormag took a breath. Immediately, he found out that he didn't need to breathe: he was a Reploid in this form, and thus constantly energized by the Biometal. With a glance around, Cormag saw the damage done, and whispered out a 'holy crap' of amazement. The Maverick was absolutely wrecked, especially with he recent slam he just did. In that moment, Model F spoke to him: Nice entrance, you just got all the attention. Not that doing that was hard, or anything.

With that, Cormag suddenly became aware of all of the eyes looking at him, all donning armors with incredible power at their core. This is what Model F meant, the presence of other Biomatches. All staring at him.

I look like a Maverick, don't I. Hell, THEY look like Mavericks.

Welcome to the club.

Reactions: LunaValentine
2ljt.png

"..."

His ability to scan and interpret the capabilities of others were at nowhere near Model W's, but from his spot perched upon one of buildings that stood around the station, Iscariot has seen enough. Enough to warrant making his presence known, at least. Of course, this would be only redundant had the girl that wielded the Model W used her scanning ability, but neither he nor Model S detected anything of that sort coming into effect, making him doubt these 'Mega Men' before him yet again. Their power in decimating the large Maverick proved nothing mediocre, what more in unison. But it was still merely raw power, nothing more. This flaw presented itself the most in the man wielding Model F, Iscariot noted.

"If anything, their bonds are still young." spoke Model S to the man clad in violet armor. "This, you must understand. Even you, at one time..."
"Quiet." Iscariot cut him off, rising to his feet from a kneeling position. "All six Biometal, gathered in one place. This is the time of awakening..." Iscariot lowered into an energized stance and leapt off the edge, somersaulting in mid-air so that his feet touched the side of the building, and Iscariot slid down without any risk of harm, the red scarf of his Mega Man form, if anything, a herald of something greater to come, billowing in the wind behind the man's lanky figure.

Model S remained silent, but he knew better. Had he not, Iscariot wouldn't have been granted this power in the first place. Perhaps, with comrades by his side, he could finally let go of the shadows binding him to the past. "Humph..." Iscariot pulled an arm back in descent, and the energy leaking from his gauntlet spread out into a large cross, over half his total height, before forming a large beam shuriken of a teal coloration. Swinging his arm forward, the oversized beam shuriken was sent flying at the large, headless Maverick husk at high speed.

The teal energy dug into its scarred armor, and the shuriken cut a clean path through its core in a matter of seconds. With a spark, the Maverick exploded into flames and shrapnel, leaving only a burning remnant of the greater machine, where it once stood.

As Iscariot finally landed on the dust of the road, his red eyes were trained on the one that wielded the Z-Saber.

"Fool..."

Reactions: LunaValentine
Caramon turned as the the large man landed, a smile on his face, for he knew this wasn't a Maverick, but yet another Biomatched citizen, eager to assist in the Maverick's destruction, he didn't know how, he could just feel the presense of another Biometal's power engulfing the man.
As soon as the man with the shuriken arrived, he knew it would be a lot harder to get some of these people to act as a part of the team, knowing full well the reason behind the man's statement was because he didn't defeat the Maverick on his own, and instead strived to have the others work as a team, when it would've been more logical to end it before most of them even arrived.

He smiled at the man as he walked over to the Maverick's head, lifting and holding part of it over his shoulders, the rest only a few inches from the ground, before speaking to him.
"I may be a fool for not finishing it when I had the chance, but I wanted to be sure that everyone got something out of the experience, so that we could grow a bit closer and actually act like a team. We need to work together if we're ever gonna make any progress against the Mavericks."

He turned to the large man before him, a smirk on his face as he motioned his head in the direction of the Maverick's remains.
"You get the first shot next time, big guy. Give the next one Hell for us."

He slowly began walking past the group, the large head slowing his progress, but not by much, as he turned to look at the others.
"Any parts you want used for something special, gather up what you can now, and we'll come back for the rest later. I'm gonna build us some gear, and if there's anything left over, use it to help rebuild parts of the city."
He activated his dash boosters and trekked in the direction of Zero Hour, knowing full well that it would still be there.

Luna watched Caramon leave, feeling a bit flustered now. There she was, standing around feeling like an idiot. Her face turned a bright red, having been called out by Ludus and slight frustration with Caramon leaving.

"Relax! You worry too much! If he loves you even HALF as much as he says he does I'm sure he'll check on you soon."

Wait....Oh crap! My computer! I should....but....people..... she was trying very hard to stay put and not abandon social interaction for the whirr of a computer. She took mental notes of everyone around and on her own easily identified what each of them appeared to be specialized for. Or at least as far as she could tell. Biometal I couldn't help but laugh at her quick reasoning and congratulated her on thinking so quickly on her own.

'You do realize that Luna's gonna be pissed that you left like that, don't you?'
Biometal Z told Caramon, a serious tone to his voice as they reached the location of the shop, a slab of steel where it once stood.
'What are you going to do if she says no now? Go hide in a corner and cry?'

Caramon smirked at his partner's words as he pushed a button with his foot, causing the slab to open, the shop rising to ground level before he walked into the garage and set the head down, habitually wiping his brow despite not even breaking a sweat from the load.

"Well, you didn't seem to mind being so close to 'I' so much either," he retorted, a big grin on his face, "so what right do you have to make fun of me?"
Biometal Z quickly answered his question, his voice sounding slightly flustered, which made Caramon's grin grow even more.
'We... have a history. That's all you need to know.'

Caramon decided to stop embarrassing his friend and get back to the others to see if they were getting parts for the things they wanted, hoping he'd be able to fill out all of their requests before his shop opened the next day, as he dashed into the apartment building and up the stairs back to Luna's apartment.

Rubble filled the room, yet there seemed to be negligible damage to the things in it as he traversed his way over to the computer in the corner, lifting it over his right shoulder as he jumped out of the window and slid down the side of the building, leaving little more than a black trail behind him, as he landed next to Luna, a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry I forgot about it, dear. I was a bit caught up in the moment, and thought everyone'd be behind me."
He motioned to her computer and patted it with his left hand.
"This is the last part I need to build that server you always wanted, I hope it's to your liking after I get it built. Oh, there's one last thing that I forgot."
He knelt down and set the computer on the ground before gently grabbing her hand, a joyful look entering his eyes as he stared into her's, the world around him growing dim from the light he saw shining from her.
"I know I asked this before, but we were interrupted last time, so I'll say it again. Luna, I love you. Will you marry me?"

Luna had nearly run off, wanting to check on her home. After all, she didn't have anywhere else to go. That made her worry about having to find a new place or at least going back to her parent's house. Then, out of the sky practically, came Caramon. Her face turned to tomato red color. She looked as if she was about to hit him, even going as far as to raise her hand.

"Hey hey hey! Don't hit him! they're both WAYYYYY too cute!"

"You- you- YOU!" she shouted. She at first she raised her hand as if to slap him before she started to cry. She then wrapped her arms around him and pulled him up. "Of course you idiot," she whispered, "Of course I'll marry you."

Caramon was overjoyed from Luna's words, almost to the point of tears himself, wiping her tears from her cheek before gently pressing his lips against hers as he held her in a warm embrace.
Looking deep into her eyes, his own overflowing with joy, he smiled and let her go.
After placing the computer securely on his back, he lifted her in his arms and called to the others, a goofy grin plastered across his face.

"I'm going going home with my new bride-to-be, so if you want something made, drop it off at my shop near the South Gate, Zero Hour, and drop by my place when you get the chance. I live in the manor near the Bussiness District. It's hard to miss, especially since you have to drive under the bridge connecting the two halves in order to go to and from the other District."

He dashed off with Luna in the direction of his home, smiling at her as they went, speaking to her to pass the time.
"You're apartment wasn't really in that bad of a shape, but most of your stuff got covered in stuff that I doubt can come out of some of those materials, so I was wondering, since your my fiance now, would you mind living together?"

"Looks like SOMEONE'S gonna get married! Oooooh this is so exciting!! And look he's sooooo sweet! Even saving your computer. What a guy! Z could learn a thing or two from him!" Biometal I giggled.

Luna blushed as Caramon had kissed her and her face turned even darker red when he picked her up. His goofy grin made her smile, it was just like him, going from the most serious and important moment of his life to a grin on his face. The picking her up was a new thing but she certainly couldn't complain. She held onto him as he dashed off. Her eyes widening when he suggested her living with him.

"I....I...."

"Say yes! You know you want to! You've got the best guy ever! and he has a half decent biometal," I teased.

Luna looked into his eyes for a moment. "I wouldn't mind.....It sounds like a good idea to me." she answered.

"You know, Z, if you really think about it, I just proposed to I for you. I know you love her, so I hope you two can be as happy as me and Luna." Caramon said to his Biometal as he looked into Luna's eyes as she answered him.

Z's voice came out in a loud flustered cry, unaware that others besides Caramon could hear him.
"I-I did not say that I love her! I merely said that I like that we're close. I mean, there's no way she could love an awkward guy like me..."

Caramon smiled at his friend's attempt to hide his embarrassment as they arrived at the entrance to the Business District, the house looming over their heads on both sides of the street, a majestically carved and painted bridge sitting along the edge of the gate to the other district.

Moving over to the door, Caramon set Luna down and entered several numbers into a keypad, causing it to open as he bowed and motioned towards the open entryway.
"Welcome to you're new home, milady. I hope you enjoy your stay."

Luna couldn't help but giggle, as did I.

"Never knew you felt like that Z. How cute! That's why I like you so much! So serious but so adorable," she teased.

She blushed a bit as they got to his home. It was the first time she'd ever been there. She felt a bit more flustered as the armor vanished, Biometal I now firmly in her hand. She'd never seen a place quite that big.

"S-so this is where you live..." she said quietly, "It...it's amazing...I..."

"Oh hush! Let's go in!"

She blushed and headed inside feeling a bit overwhelmed.

A blade whirlwind of something came out of nowhere. That much Cormag noticed in the split second before he ducked, and the second later that the Maverick's torso exploded from within. The red-hot shards of metal and circuitry flung everywhere just thunked off his armor harmlessly, but Cormag had already held up a gauntlet to shield from the blast. As could be expected of his form, he came out largely unscathed anyways. Glancing from the smoldering remains of the Maverick to the source of the shuriken, Cormag saw what he could only describe as a cyber-ninja. From the permanent darkness and red eye beneath the helmet it wore, the figure didn't seem pleased. Now THAT looks like a Maverick.

"Hey, who do you think you are, calling us fools!?" Cormag shouted in defiance.

Model S. Must be a dark, brooding type he picked up this time. Better than that single-minded robot, I suppose.

Excuse me?

And you must be Model F. Well, nobody's accused *you* of being a picky chooser.

Excuse you, I like to accent what I'm meant to do.

What you're MEANT to do is keep us a secret.

Speak for yourself-

"You get the first shot next time, big guy. Give the next one hell for us." Cormag flinched and twisted in the direction of the physical voice, being some measure desperate to not deal with the voices in his head. It was another one of the 'biomatches', seemed like, with red armor, billowing gray cloth and a plasma core for a sword hilt. No sooner had the man said his words than did he blast off, carrying the head of the Maverick like some sort of oversized trophy.

"Hold up, where are you-" But it was too late, he was already gone. Of course, he would reappear on the other side of the ruins with the other Biomatches, but that still left Cormag with the dark ninja, who Cormag felt could easily kick his ass if he wanted to. If there was ANYTHING he had learned from training, it was to specifically NOT mess with the assassin/ninja types unless you were sure you could outmatch them in every way that mattered. And Cormag was feeling slightly less that sure, what with the argument between the Biometal club raging on in his head; he wanted answers more than a fight.

"Hey, X?" Marti asked the biometal as she watched all of the different people with slight interest.

Yeah, Marti? What's up? Did you hurt yourself or are you sick? The biometal asked, concerned for his biomatch. He waited as the girl shook her head, still staring at the strange people.

"Do you have any idea what that guy was talking about when he mentioned me?" Marti asked, looking down at the small biometal sitting in the chest of her armor. "I mean, my bike's name is Evie and my birthday was two months ago..."

The biometal made a non-commital noise. I'm sure he saw you around town. Why don't you get back to your bike? You may be able to salvage some parts. I would hate for you to lose all of your bike.

Marti gasped as the robot reminded her of her dead baby. "Evie! I need to go find her! Let's go!" She quickly ran off to where she crashed her poor baby. Maybe she could still find something to salvage... something had to be reusable! When she got to the site, her Evie was still there in the rubble. She smiled before sighing as she separated from her biometal, becoming a normal human again. "Poor Evie... You lived a long fulfilling life... Let's get you back to the garage..." She sighed, picking up the bike's warped handles and carefully trying to roll it to where her garage was. She felt her eyes start to water as she looked down at her creation, her baby, smashed to pieces. She wouldn't take that guy up on his offer. She was too attached to her precious bike to get something new right after. She would fix the poor thing and make an Evie 2.0. She was sure of it!

"Yeesh. He seems fidgety, doesn't he now?" Model S spoke of Cormag, now aloud in a rather metallic voice, and intending to speak further to the rest of the biomatches. "Everyone!" Model S shouted, as Iscariot ignored Cormag's question and walked closer to him and the rest, more than enough to be in earshot, except perhaps for the one with Model Z and the one with Model I. Ridiculous, thought Iscariot. How can they even contemplate marriage at this time? Iscariot knew, that with the awakening of the remaining, and now, the gathering of the six main Biometals... There was going to be great change in the world. That is, if these people can pull it off. Model S began to speak to the others. "I believe you've heard what... Model Z...? I suppose that's what I should--"

"His name is Caramon." interrupted Iscariot.

"Ah, yes. Well I was occupied, you see. After all, your armors aren't mere pieces of clothing." Model S spoke. "Back to what I've said... Everyone! If you want to understand, what exactly had just happened here today, then I suggest you take him up on his offer. It's as good any location for us to get started, I suppose. Be at Caramon's manor tomorrow, at 3.00 in the evening." continued Model S. "We will meet again, Mega Men." Model S finished, just as sirens blared in the vicinity, the enclosing authorities. Iscariot reverted into his human form, his eyes still hidden behind his shades. "By the way, are you just going to let that Caramon use that tainted Maverick part? That's the reason you destroyed its main body in the first place, correct? And called them something unpleasant? You didn't actually... well, present an outstanding first impression." Model S spoke to him, this time through the special channel all the biomatches shared with their respective Biometals, meaning none else could hear him.

"He is a fool." replied Iscariot, walking into the shadows. He had half a mind to speak to Victoria, the wielder of Model W, about her own experiences. Unlike the ones awakened today, she seemed to have been awakened some time before, like him. But why hold back, and act not? Perhaps, as he and Model S have talked about, she was also a watcher? But then, for whom?

"The Biometal do not choose fools, Iscariot." said Model S. "But he is different. How, and either it be good or bad... I guess we'll see." Model S seemed to move in his coat pocket. "But seriously. Parts tainted with the Maverick phenomenon can be rather... possessive."

"I'm sure he'll figure it out soon. I believe it was in your own words, was it not? The Model Z is special? Then he will learn." replied Iscariot. "What does it matter in the end, to whom I've become. More Mavericks, perhaps? Then I will strike them down. I will strike all of them down."

Last edited by a moderator:
As Caramon entered the dwelling, Z now hanging from his neck, he found quite a gathering waiting for him: several dozen people, all smiling as they ran up to him, crowding around Luna in order to get a good look at her.

All of a sudden, someone rushed to him, a phone in their hand. Taking it from them, he walked over to a corner, the look on his face growing more and more grim as he nodded, but he smiled as he spoke into the receiver, inaudible from the rest of the hubbub taking place, as the people where lining up to welcome Luna, then handed it back to the one who gave it to him before walking in front of the group.

"Everyone, can I have your attention please?" he called out, a somber tone to his voice, "Varla's Scrap 'n' Go was destroyed in the recent Maverick attack. Luckily, no one was injured, but the shop and employee housing where both completely obliterated, so I've offered to take them in. I hope the rest of you can help me to ready rooms, as well as give a warm welcome to them as they try to get things back in order. They should be here by late tonight, so I need all off you to help me get a meal prepared to welcome them."

He walked over to Luna, a smile on his face.
"I love these guys."
His smile widened as he continued.
"Ever wonder where all the people from those Maverick attacks end up when they don't have enough to pay for another home?
I take 'em in.
This isn't a homeless shelter, this is a home.
This isn't servants and assistants, this is a family.
I let them stay as long as they like, and don't charge rent.
I get most of my money doing odd jobs and teaching people in the dojo, so I don't have to worry about making ends meet."

His eyes beheld a somber gaze as he looked at the people scattering and dashing to and fro to get things ready for the new guests arrival, the smile had faded from his face as he began again.
"You know that girl, Marti?
The one with the Buster Cannon that helped us with that Maverick?
Varla told me about her, but I guess she made up some of the stuff she told me, because she gave me an odd look when I commented about her birthday.
I was wondering if it would be alright if I went ahead and offered her, as well as the others, to live here with us. This is a big mansion, so I doubt that there's not enough room for a few more, right?"

He pointed at a door across the room, a large smile crossing his face.
"If you want, I can sell a few things and get the master bedroom moved to the top floor."

Luna looked startled with all those people suddenly crowded around them. Her eyes were wide and her face pale. She wasn't used to crowds. She felt her heart racing as she looked at all the people, on the verge of pulling off her fainting goat routine that she had a habit of doing when stuck in crowds.

"Are you SCARED OF CROWDS!" I laughed, "That's funny."

She did her best to keep breathing and blinking hardly saying anything to anyone. It had always just been her parents and her at home so a large 'family' like that was rather intimidating. She wasn't sure what to say. She looked at Caramon, nearly fainting.

"I umm....uhh.....s-sure?" her voice was very soft and couldn't be heard well above the din around them.

She wasn't really sure what to say or do. She'd never been around so many people all at once except for MAYBE the odd career fair here and there. Even then there was only a few people paying attention at a time so she never had to raise her voice nor did she have so much attention cast upon her. She stayed behind a computer screen most of the time for a good reason, sure she liked people and going out with friends but she didn't like large groups. She didn't really know what to say or do but then it hit her, she'd have to call her parents. That thought alone pushed her over the edge and she fell over, completely stiff like a board her eyes wide in shock.

"I'm such an idiot!"
Caramon said as he picked up Luna and carried her into the large room, nearly as big as the entrance, almost as if it were an apartment itself.
Setting her on the bed and laying next to it, he covered his face as Z spoke.
'You should've known that'd happen, you moron. You know she hates crowds, and yet you brought her here knowing full well what would happen. You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?'

Caramon shook his head as in agreement.
"Z, I was so caught up in everything that I forgot about it. You're right though, I am an idiot. I go and try to help those in need and those I love, but I always end up doing something to screw things up..."

Z burned with anger at Caramon's words, the tone of his voice revealing his rage.
'Do you really think you've screwed up the lives of those people out there? Do you really believe that you're nothing but a failure? Look at the good you're doing for the people of the Slums! Do you really want to say that all you've done for them is make them miserable?! If that's how you truly feel, then I don't know even know why I picked you!'

The heat on Caramon's chest dissapted, yet the mark from the hot metal remained, Z silent as a stone.
"Hey, Z, I don't really think that, it's just how I feel when I do things like this... I wanted to help Luna, but I just went and made her uncomfortable. I doubt she's gonna want to live here anymore..."
Z shifted on the chain around Caramon's neck, a cool feeling coming from the metal as he responded.
'We'll just have to wait and see.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.