R.O.C.K On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marti brought Ingo to the injured man before leaving the garage with X since Ingo had told her to basically get out and fuck off. She walked off with a sigh, wondering just what they were going to do. "Hey, X? How do you think we're going to get to that signal?" She asked, running a hand through her short hair. "We can't swim, I don't have hovers that can hold my weight, and I don't own a boat..." She hesitated before smiling. "But I know where we can get one!"

Marti, please don't tell me you're going to... X sighed, already guessing what his biomatch was planning to do.

"Let's go steal a boat!" She started running toward the docks to try and find some sort of boat, X unwillingly becoming a necklace and forced to follow her.

[PERSONAL PLOT ADVANCEMENT GO]

Some time passed. It was hard to say how much, given the lack of any timepieces and the absolute monotony of the area. Even for the Biometals is seemed almost improper to say anything, as if breaking the silence would be akin to breaking a neck. The two guards stood stoic as ever, keeping watchful eyes upon the other two fidgeting individuals. The tension present could be described as agonizing, and for a moment, Cormag considered just breaking out of here. Obviously, a bad idea for all of the reasons.

Finally, though, the door opened again courtesy of the director and his still-indifferent face. Trailing him closely was a tallish character in a well-kept military dress uniform, the sharp features on his face stretching the skin across his skull in a manner that didn't quite look elderly nor malnourished. But the clarity of this man was obvious in his poise and profile that quite well announced him to be a commander of the military whose suit he donned. "Gentlemen," the director said in a flat, introductory tone, "This is Commander Deus Argent of the Ninth Heavy Brigade. You will address him as Commander Argent; he will be overseeing this next batch of questioning... as per my discretion."

Argent seemed to snort at the last comment, but made way to the chair between the two guardsmen, who turned and saluted to the Commander before resuming their glare upon the Biomatches. The vaguely anemic director remained standing some feet behind and aside of the Commander, still scratching away at the clipboard meticulously. There was a brief silence upon the room again as Argent sat there opposite Cormag and Iscariot, hands crossed together on the table as a principal might regard naughty disciples.

Oh... Cormag, do you realize who this guy is?

I've had the honor of being personally spit in the face by him.

"...Well? Do you have anything to say for yourself before I start?" Commander Argent glanced between the two people on the other end of the table. "Especially you, Barreton."

Dude, dude dude dude, say that your father's power came to you, and... it's all come full circle! Yeah...!

Cormag took another moment of silence before speaking, "That last thing you told me? 'Come back when you know how to justify yourself'? I'm going to do that." Cormag leaned back again and crossed his arms, aiming his eyes to point the Commander at Biometal Model F.

Unable to stand the silence any longer, Caramon nuzzled her chest, then gently ran one hand down her back as he raised his head, smiling as he spoke to her in a tone of both awe and wonder.
"You know, you really do look like an angel. The way your body cuts through the water makes my heart race."

Pointing to the island, now fairly close, he took on a more somber tone.
"We're getting close to our destination. I want you to know that whatever happens there, I'm going to do everything in my power to keep you safe, but I'm also gonna have to rely on you to watch my back while I'm watching yours. I won't let anything happen to you, but I know you wish the same for me."

As the island drew nearer and nearer, he set his head back on her chest and closed his eyes, listening to her 'heartbeat' and sighing, unable to say another word for a few moments before they flashed back open with two small words.
"We're here."

Last edited:
Luna's face turned dark red as they cut through the water. "Sh-shut up! You're on thin ice you know!" she said as he kept himself close to her. She looked at him for a moment as he spoke in a more serious tone. "Of course I'm going to watch your back. I will always do anything to help. You should know that."

Finally they arrived at the island. She nodded as she got them out of the water. Once they were out they could see what appeared to be a mid-sized building. It was a simple box shape, off-white and stained from age. Luna took a deep breath and looked around.

"Looks a bit run-down....wonder why THIS is the place we should all meet up..." she mumbled.

Caramon smiled as he lifted her in his arms, unable to look away from here shining eyes.

"I may be in hot water, but I know you'll forgive me eventually. You've never been one to hold a grudge, just one to make someone make up for their mistakes, and believe me, I'll do my best both before and after the wedding."

Winking at the last part of his sentence, his face a beet red, he broke eye contact and carried her over to the shape, taking a step through the wall, revealing a large generator suspended above a hole in the center of a large room, the hole apparently leading to the source of the strange sound now resonating in their ears.

"Holograms are usually a lot more complex than this, but based on the size of the generator, I'd say it's some pretty old tech. Should we search the room for anything else, or head down the hole and see what's going on around here?"

Luna blushed darkly as he lifted her up. She glared slightly at him as he carried her into the building. It was clear it'd been a while since anyone had been at least to that part of the building. She looked around a bit and then down into the hole.

"Shouldn't we wait for the others? I mean....that's probably part of why we were called...don't you think?" she asked, "I mean I guess we could look around the room...and that generator....it IS pretty old.....ancient even...." she frowned as she looked about from what limited range she had.

Gently setting Luna on the ground some feet from it, Caramon walked over to the edge of the hole, peering down into the darkness below before returning to his feet and examining the generator.

Suddenly, Zero spoke, his tone of sleepy surprise hinting that he'd dozed off again.
'I haven't seen one of those in ages. A holograhpic projector with the power to hide a large building in plain sight. It must've taken quite a lot of power to keep it running this long.'

"What can you tell me about it Z?"
'If you pull the yellow lever on the right, and turn the blue knob on the left clockwise, then press the red button in the middle, you'll see all you need.'

Caramon did as instructed, and as he pushed the button, the machine shone a light on the back wall before revealing a large, metal door, the hole in the ground now a shallow ditch, as the rest of the room shifted to it's true form.

The holographic wall dissapated, revealing open spaces, yet the other two that were connected to it were revealed to have been real. Along with the roof, they created a small alcove in the side of a much larger building, standing as if a foreboding tower over the pair.

"That was one powerful projector." Caramon said with an excited tone as he looked upon the building it hid, "Unless, of course, this building's a fake as well. Do you wanna come inside with me to check? As long as we're together, everything should be fine."

Luna looked around as she was set down. She looked at the generator as she thought about it. She hadn't seen anything like it. When Z finally spoke up she nodded more to herself. It made sense but it had to take a LOT of power to keep it running. She was surprised no one had noticed so much power going to a seemingly run down building.

"Z...don't you EVER stay awake? Seriously you drifted off to sleep like three times already!" I teased.

Luna watched as the projector showed the true appearance of the building. The large tower made her shiver, she had a bad feeling about the building. Unlike Caramon, she had a tendency to approach things with caution.

"I don't know...I'm starting to feel like this was some sort of trap... I mean clearly this was hidden for a reason. Why would someone want to hide it from us if we were expected?" She pointed out, "This might be dangerous....I mean REALLY dangerous."

Aww come on Luna, it'll be fine! besides, you can always cling to Caramon if you get scared!

'Isabelle, it's rather hard to stay awake when I can feel the softness of your metal and listen to the gentle beating of your core. It takes quite a bit to make me calm, but you do it so easily.'

Caramon laughed at Zero's statement before adding in his own, a great smile plastered across his face.
"And that's why Luna gets mad at me for sleeping so much. I guess our gals just have a calming aura about them, don't they?"

Caramon smiled as he looked into Luna's eyes and gently took hold of her hand.
"It doesn't matter if it's a trap, I'll make sure you get out safely. That's a promise I intend to keep no matter what."

As he opened the door, he fired the cable from his left arm, making sure that where they were moving to was solid, as he slowly walked her into the room, his usually laidback and calm demeanor now replaced with one of protective alertness.

As they went on, he moved the cable around the room, making sure there weren't any traps on the floor, and shooting a few suspicious tiles with it to check for ones on the ceiling as well, before turning to the back of the room after hearing the sound of metal scraping metal, revealing a figure sitting on a severed robotic hand, their features obscured by a large, black cowl.

Caramon's face twisted into a snarl as he moved his body into a defensive stance, almost animalistic in appearance, placing himself in front of Luna in case the figure were to turn hostile, causing them to laugh at how ridiculous he looked before returning to their feet and moving through a door hidden in the shadows, disappearing as if they were never there.

'So, Isabelle huh? That's what we're gonna go with? Okay. And you say I'm the flirty one!'

Luna looked back at Caramon and nodded as he took her hand. "I know you will." she said quietly. When they slowly went into the room she looked around. The strange figure at first surprised her. She was a bit uneasy but felt at least a little better seeing Caramon protect her. His protective attitude wasn't too surprising but the way he held himself was a bit startling. Once the stranger was gone she put her hand gently on his shoulder.

Zero replied to I with a curious tone to his voice, yet it held a slight amount of hope hidden in it.
'Do you like it? I thought you'd want a name that started with an "I", and I thought Isabelle sounded cute, yet attractive.'

Caramon placed his hand on her's, gently squeezing it to reassure her that he was still himself.
"We need to find out just what's going on here. Do you want to stay here until the others catch up, or should we press on?"

He lifted his left arm, which he'd nearly completely forgotten about, to see that the black plating had fallen away to reveal a blood red, small, glowing blue lines working their way along it like veins, still in the shape of the same glyph from before.

"Well, at least I can still use it." he said looking over his shoulder at Luna, a smile on his face as he flexed his fingers.

'Yes, that works nicely. Thank you Zero.'

Luna looked at him and took a deep breath. "We really should wait for the others. I don't like the idea of going there just the two of us. No offense." She replied, "I really hope they get here soon, I don't know how long I can stand waiting."

A little bit of worry crossed her face as she watched his arm for a moment. "It is good that you can still use it....but it worries me. I'm really worried about you," Luna mumbled, "It isn't a good thing to see....I really am glad you have control over your hand still."

The island was quiet, and the darkness in the room was a bit uncomfortable.

Zero's voice was filled with joy at Isabelle's statement.
'You're welcome. I hoped you'd like it. I did my best because I love my Belle.'

Caramon smiled at the fact Luna was worried about him, knowing that it showed just how much she cared, despite her supposedly still being mad at him.
"If you want, we can sit here together and wait for the others to show up, keeping each other company in any way you'd like." he said, winking as he turned to her, a mischievious look in his eyes, "And I do mean any."

Status
Not open for further replies.