[R] Mission: Z [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interactions: Otto ( @Dakota K5 ), Cecilio ( @Derp )

Tyrese hadn't liked the 'lets go to the hospital' plan from the beginning. The hospitals had to have been hit hard when the plague hit because when people get sick that's where they go. Unless they're insane and think, even when they're coughing blood, that 'hey, it'll go away eventually.' So yeah. Tyrese hadn't liked the idea... but he had understood it. It was to save a member of their budding group and that was important. But this sudden decision to go look for survivors? That sent all kinds of red flags up in his head... and if it weren't for the mild respect he had for Otto he would have interrupted. However he waited for him to finish, and then waited for Cecilio to say his piece. Took a deep breath. Another. And yet he found he was still pissed and, if he were honest with himself, terrified of this sudden change.

"Boy, are you out of your fucking mind?" Tyrese finally asked, sounding more exasperated then anything as he gave Otto a calculating look. "Look for survivors in a hospital?" Though Ty hoped repeating it would show the man how insane he was being, he didn't hold much hope since the man had looked so damn resolute.

"Even if we did find someone here that wasn't sick in the head or the body, the likelihood they'd even want to come with us is ridiculous. We'd probably find more saps that we'd have to care for, man. Don't you see that? You're not going to find the smart, strong fighters in here... so you're adding baggage to your weaknesses." He folded massive arms over his chest and gave the man a long, hard look. "You have not given me a good enough reason to commit suicide for all y'all sakes. So unless you give me a better reason then 'we need more able people' I'm dumpin' both your asses and heading back with what we have right now." He took a deep breath, tried to purposely make himself look big and imposing. He really found this to be a suicide mission... or a waste of time. Neither were on Tyrese's list of tolerances. And though he wasn't truly angry, he wasn't going to put up with the nonsense of looking through a hospital for survivors.
---
Backpack:
Ziplock bag of ammo and small metal loader (22 bullets)
Bundle of rope (approx. 30 ft long)
Teddy Bear (belonged to his youngest son)
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Machete with a sheath that connects to his belt on his left hip
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)
Mossberg 590a1 (shotgun- 6 shot, 100 shotgun shells)

Food: 2 bags of Beef Jerky (he's been rationing it very carefully)

Water: Plastic Sports Waterbottle (half full)

Reactions: Hexatech
Otto Williams
Interaction: Cecilio and Tyrese
-

He looked to Cecilio first. "I didn't say let's go around the areas of the hospital with the most infected or that we were going to broadcast to anyone in ear shot that we had supplies and I never had any plans to stick around if we found a large infected presence here in the first place." He paused then looked to Tyrese. "Cut that out Tyrese, bigger men than you have tried to intimidate me with their size and more then a few of them didn't get the ability to walk away." Otto spoke with an edge to his voice and narrowed eyes. "And anyone we find here are going to fall in one of a few categories, looking for supplies like us and in that case they may be just as prepared as we are, those that thought this place was somewhere safe and the sick looking for medicine. You think I am suggesting we take in any we find? No we would take only the able bodied and as far as i'm concerned any others we find who wouldn't be capable are the walking dead already and need not be bothered by us but if you want to run because you're scared of this place go ahead I ain't gonna stop ya. Same goes for you Cecilio, if I gotta look by myself then so be it and if you Tyrese can't see that we are going to need more people for our group then there is no point for me to try and convince you otherwise because you've already made your mind up." Otto turned and started to walk deeper into the hospital before stopping to look back at Cecilio. "If Tyrese leaves I suggest you go with him, they are gonna need the supplies back at the hotel." He said as he continued to walk disappearing around a corner.
-----
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (0/4 full) ((In Dexter's possession))
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1

Reactions: Blythe
Interactions: Evie
Mentions: n/a

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeming to accept Evie's reasoning without complaint, Dexter took the bowl when offered, gazing down at the letter-shaped pasta with poorly disguised disdain. The man was not a fan of tomato in most cases. They were ok raw, with a little salt and pepper, but when processed and cooked, they were ruined. He'd had his fair share of shitty food in his day, it came with being a soldier, but even in the field he tried to steer clear of the tomato-based MREs. This did smell pretty good, though... so what the hell.

Dark brows drew together over his eyes, but he said nothing as he raised the spoon to his mouth and took the first bite. His nose scrunched up a bit at the overwhelming tomato taste, but his body was suddenly so grateful for the food that he couldn't even complain. By no means was it as delicious as Evie's rantings seemed to conjure from her childhood memories, but it was... palatable, at least.

"So, Mr. Muscle, what happened to the shirt?"

Dexter was so intent on getting the food into his stomach that for a moment he didn't realize she was speaking to him. When he looked up and she was staring at him expectantly, his eyes widened in confusion, and he had to replay the words in his head before he understood. "Oh, uh... there was blood." He waved a vague hand at his bare abdomen. "I cleaned it but Otto has the first aid kit, so." He shrugged. "Need a new shirt, that's for sure."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 4
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Glock G29 (13 loaded + 35 boxed)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (11 pills)
Bottle of Penicillin (13 pills)
Otto's Canteen (empty)
Food: none
Water: none

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Toby, Lacey, Dexter (ディックスタ・エターナル)

"Need a new shirt..." Evie repeated his words, running through some possibilities. It was true that his medical wellbeing was the most important matter at the time, but being naked and having to face the elements wasn't going to be much better in the long run. "Hey, on my way into Shreveport, I saw a little shopping precinct along the riverside - other side of the river, that is. Maybe we could go look there for some new clothes!" she suggested, smiling before shovelling another dollop of spaghetti into her mouth. "I could use a new jacket, anyway, to be honest with you. This one's getting to be a bit holy and I don't mean in the Jesus-y way."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Makarov PMM (4x 10rnd 9mm Magazines)

Backpack (Evie - In Room 107):
Items (3):
- Blanket
- Bobbie's P99 (4 rounds)

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Last edited by a moderator:
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Toby, Lacey, Dexter (Collab With JJ)

Dex looked Evie up and down, nodding. "I am, in fact, quite knowledgeable on holes. As you can see, I own several of them myself." He raised his eyebrows at her, snorted at his own joke, then tilted the bowl up and scarfed down the rest of the pasta, scraping the bowl to make sure he didn't leave anything behind. "In any case - shopping trip? Count me in. It's... been a while, to say the least."

"Having shambling, walking corpses stinking up a lot of the shopping centres does make it somewhat hard to get out and do your business," Evie concurred with a smile. "Speaking of holes, though, how's the wound coming along? Still smell like shambling, walking corpses?"

A shrug followed her comment, and he sat the bowl on a nearby counter, reaching down to touch the still inflamed skin around the entry wound. "Seemed like it was pretty bad." He admitted, a frown playing at his lips. "But I cleaned it best I could. Figure the antibiotics should help - the painkillers sure as hell did. Remind me to thank that guy, ah... what was his name again?" He wrinkled his nose in thought, then shrugged again. "I dunno. Remind me to thank him though."

"Sure thing. I'm sure Otto and the others'll be back soon, anyway, so you won't have to wait long," Evie responded, setting her own bowl down. "Just... try not to get shot too often. You're kind of a burden," she winked. Hopping off the counter, the sound of a car engine slowly rumbled into earshot, as if it were speeding towards the hotel. Arching a brow at Dexter, Evie grabbed her pistol from the counter and moved towards one of the covered windows, peeking out from behind the blinds. "Don't suppose they stole a car to get back here with, do you?"

Dexter moved beside Evie, pulling the blinds apart with two fingers as well to look outside. The rumble of the engine grew louder, and then the screech of tires on the asphalt broke the silence, sending a flock of crows into the air as the vehicle rounded the corner. "I don't..." He started, hand automatically going to the holster on his side. But it was empty, because in his half-awake state he'd forgotten his gun on the bed upstairs. Swearing under his breath, he watched the car, a dingy, beaten-up blue sedan, slow down in front of the hotel, idling there. The windows were darkened by a tint that seemed very out of place on such a shitty car, and something told him that these were not their people. "Too high profile to be one of us." He said, voice lowering to a stealthy whisper despite the car's distance from the building.

"Stay here." He said, turning and leaving her at the window, brushing past Toby and the woman he didn't know. His eyes narrowed on her terrified expression, and he paused. "Do you know anything about this?"

"I... I told her." The woman pointed a shaking finger at Evie. "I told her they'd be coming after me."

"Evie?"

Seeming lost and dazed for a moment, Evie didn't respond straight away. Instead, she simply gulped quite audibly as the dread lodged like a rock in her throat. "She... err... mentioned something about some men. I didn't think... fuck..." A million thoughts raced through her head at once, each one drowning out the other so much so that she couldn't think coherently, nevermind speak it. Simply looking to Dexter and the others like a lost child, she uttered, "What do we do?"

"What do they want?" Dexter demanded of the woman, tone harsher than warranted. She visibly flinched, shrinking away from him in a way that made him blink in confusion and take a step back. "Wait, I'm sorry, I didn't mean... I just... What do they want? Why are they here?"

Lacey kept her eyes downcast, half-eaten food still cupped in her hands but now she had no appetite. They were all going to die, these people who had taken her in and tried to help her. "I killed one of their men." She whispered.

"Killed one of their men? So they're justified in pursuing you, then?" He looked to Evie. "Why should we put ourselves in danger for her sake?"

"Hey, look I'm sure she had her reasons," Evie interjected, frowning slightly. "I mean, for fuck's sake, look at the condition she's in. Does she look like some sort of luxurious Lady Raider?"

"That's not the p-" he started, then trailed off with an exasperated sigh as Lacey dissolved into a sobbing heap on the floor. He raked a hand through his hair, opened his mouth as if to say something, and then turned and quit the room. Hero trailed him as he returned upstairs in search of his pistol.

"Fuck sake," Evie sighed, hands clasping to her forehead. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck..." With a sudden moment of clarity, her eyes shot to Toby. "Get her upstairs and out of the way. Make sure Tommy's okay, too. I don't exactly think this is going to be a civilized visit with tea and biscuits..." The final part of her sentence sounded akin to a sob as she broke eye contact with him. The tips of her fingers trailed slowly along the top of her gun, back and forth. As much as Dexter had a point from his own perspective on how messed up the situation was, Evie couldn't bring herself to blame or hate Lacey for dropping in on them. After all, she'd been there. Now she had to face it again.

The slamming of doors echoed from beyond the windows, the men disembarking from the vehicle. They were rough-looking: torn clothes, unkempt appearances but well maintained and supplied gear. Numbering five in total, some carried semi automatic pistols, a couple of others had shotguns. This wouldn't be an easy fight.

Finally making it back to the room he'd been in, Dexter snatched his Glock off of the duvet and whipped back around, calling over his shoulder for Bobbie to take Tommy and get somewhere more enclosed. He ignored her queries and immediately descended the stairs, spikes of pain lancing through his abdomen with every step. By the time he got back to the kitchen, passing Toby guiding the hysterical woman presumably upstairs to his sister and the kid, Evie looked positively maniacal. "Hey, hey, hey, calm down." He said quietly, placing a hand on her shoulder to still her. "We're the defenders, we have the advantage here."

"I can't go back there..." she said, unintentionally cryptically as tears found their ways to well up her eyes. Still, despite their presence, for once she didn't break down crying. Instead, she found some sort of comfort in Dexter's words. Simply resorting to a nodding in determination. "No, you're right. We can do this."

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Makarov PMM (4x 10rnd 9mm Magazines)

Items (3):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: Everyone @ Hotel (Collab w/Ven)

He pulled away, ejecting the magazine from his pistol and replacing the two missing bullets from a stash he pulled from his bookbag, and shoved the rest in his pocket. Resheathing the magazine, he pulled back the slide and let it click back into place as a round settled definitively into the chamber. He moved back to the window, watching the men make their way up the path and to the front door. Evie had since moved to the counter, grabbing her bow also. He looked to her. "Evie, I need you to listen to me and listen well."

A moment passed as he struggled to put the words together. The fog in his brain had long since been cleared with the pulsing adrenaline, but this wasn't something he'd ever really thought about telling someone. "I'm wounded. Which means I'm going to be slower than usual. Reaction time will be off, I won't be as strong in a physical altercation. We need to prevent them from getting in close quarters at all costs. But..." Again he struggled with words for what seemed like an impossibly long time. "If something happens to me, if I don't make it out of here, I need you to make sure you get Hero to DC."

"First of all, great pep talk. Second of all, why does that matter?" she asked, furrowing her brow perplexedly.

"It just does. Trust me, please." Dexter flinched as the sound of the chains on the front door rattling echoed throughout the hotel, Evie's eyes flicking to the source of the noise also. There was a muffled curse from behind the door. "They'll go 'round back, like everyone else." He whispered. "We need to find some way to barricade that door." Snatching open the door of a lower cabinet, he shoved the cleaning materials aside to make a space. "Hero, in."

The dog reluctantly slunk over and curled into the space made for him. Dexter shut the door with those warm brown eyes boring into his soul. There was a pang of guilt but it was pushed quickly away by the thought that if his father was right, the fate of the human race could rely on Hero's survival. Dexter repeated the action in a separate cabinet, for Ringo. He didn't want the shepherd's death on his hands, especially after Cecilio had gone out of his way to help with the medicine. Luckily, the dog obeyed without complaint, though it was a bit more of a tight fit than the little staffy.

The rattling ceased, the eerie silence enveloping them. "Let's go." He waved her to follow, gun held pointed at the floor as he made his way to the back door, a command she heeded without question. There was nothing in the hallway to barricade it with.

"Now what do we do?" Evie asked, a desperate look gripping her complexion.

"Now we take the offensive." He replied steadily, voice still near-silent.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she fretted, a slight tone of irritation to her voice. She wasn't used to this. She didn't know how any of this worked.

Without saying anything more, Dexter held a hand up, the instruction clear: stay. "They're not going to like this."

Leaving Evie slightly down the hallway, he crept to the back door, the shadow of a man outside easily identifiable through the frosted glass panel at the top. Raising his gun, Dexter identified what he assumed was center mass, flicked his finger upwards to rest on the trigger, and spent six shots in the span of ten seconds. Clearly not having being expecting such a bold move, Evie jolted in place.

"Fuck! He's dead!" a voice bellowed from beyond the door. "Get 'em!" The command had barely ended before a cacophony of gunfire screamed out, bullets tearing through the door and shredding the hallway. Splinters and shards of plaster and wood exploded everywhere as the bullets ripped the building up. Unable to suppress a scream, Evie fell to the floor, hands covering her ears.

Since he'd been expecting a retaliation of this nature, Dexter was already crouched when the gunfire started, but he scrambled away anyway, turning to loose four more rounds at the door. Blood seeped from the crack between the floor and the bottom of the door, and a cry of pain told him that he'd at least wounded, if not killed, at least one more. "Get up!" He snarled, grabbing Evie by the hand and wrenching her to her feet and down the hallway just as the doorknob was splintered into pieces by a well aimed shotgun blast.

Retreating to the stairwell, Evie struggled to bring her breathing under control, hands shaking. "What do we do now?"

Dexter leaned around the corner to fire off his final five shots down the hallway, hopefully delaying their approach. Pressing himself against the wall, he reloaded his pistol again, the men's footsteps crunching on glass and wood as they pursued their quarry down the hallway. "Keep them ducking for cover - we have the high ground here." He breathed. "And USE your gun. It's not a decoration."

Looking down at the weapon in question, Evie nodded in terrified acquiescence. Moving next to Dexter, she held the gun in both hands, bow and arrows slung over her back. She breathed deeply, trying to take her mind back to all the lessons her father gave her about firearms and how to use them. The sound of the men shouting and their leaden footsteps suggested they had moved to the reception, possibly trying to rush them. One more breath and Evie emerged from cover slightly, loosing 3 rounds in the men's direction before popping back in. Alas, all three rounds failed to hit their target, though the silence that followed was indicative that they had dived for cover. "Fuck sake, why did Dad never teach me how to shoot stupid, shitty Russian guns!?"

"Because your Dad is smart enough to use quality firearms?" Dexter said, letting out a long breath and pressing a hand to the exit wound. Both were bleeding freely now, torn and irritated by his movements, but the larger of the two was noticeably worse. "Fuck." He whispered to himself. "We need to find cover." He wiped the shaky, bloodied hand on the leg of his jeans and prodded Evie up the stairs, leaning over the railing to put another couple of bullets in their attackers' direction.

He saw a man duck for cover, heard another yell. "I'll head to the back staircase! Get those mother fuckers!"

"I'll go cover it!" Evie volunteered without a second's thought, but Dexter caught her arm before she had the chance to move off.

"No. We shouldn't split up."

"We don't have no bloody cover if they come up behind us!" she protested, trying to wriggle free from his grasp. Truthfully, dividing was the smart thing to do, but he couldn't bring himself to let her go solo against someone who obviously knew what they were doing. These were professional bandits. Bad people given free reign by the apocalypse, to do what they pleased to whom they pleased. They wouldn't hesitate to kill him, or Evie, or anyone else in this hotel. Which is why he hadn't hesitated to take one down through the door, even if it meant abandoning both his cover and his moral code. The sound of the men shouting distracted him, and he loosened his grip ever so slightly - the chance that Evie needed to break free. Sprinting down the corridor for the back staircase, she knew there was no chance Dexter would follow her. He was neither able to catch her nor stupid enough to leave the stairs open.

"Evie, wait!" He called after her, trying and failing to grab hold of her arm again as she abandoned him in the stairwell, disappearing down the hallway and out of sight. "Fuck!"

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Glock G29 (will count rounds later)
Otto's Canteen (empty)

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter (Collab With JJ)

"Yeah, Evie, wait!" The mocking voices from around the corner called. Dexter gritted his teeth, retreating another few steps as a bullet thudded into the wood a half inch away from his foot. He retaliated with another shot, counting off in his head how many he'd already spent and how many remained. One of the men boldly turned the corner with the shotgun in his hands, obviously expecting to intimidate him into submission, but he went down with two bullets in his chest before he could even pull the trigger. Dexter debated making a run for the shotgun, but decided against it, instead climbing the last few stairs to the second floor and taking a moment to catch his breath. More footsteps were making their way towards the bottom of the staircase.

Arriving at the back staircase, the sound of boots striking creaking wooden stairs was evidence that they were already coming. Ducking into a side room for cover, Evie waited until she heard the assailant in the corridor. 3... 2... 1... "Will you just... fuck off!" she shouted, loosing another volley of rounds. Once more she missed. "Fuck sake!"

"You're never going to kill me with a shot like that girl," the man called from down the corridor. "Come on... just give up. We don't need to fight like animals."

"Fuck this," she snarled, throwing the gun to the floor of the corridor.

"That's it..." the man said, lips curling up into a victorious smile. "Now that wasn't too hard was it?" he asked, cockily, emerging from his cover and moving slowly towards her room. "Now why don't you come out and let me have a look at-" A sharp twang and whistle cut his sentence dead, the only noise coming from his mouth a watery gurgling as blood spluttered from his lips, an arrow protruding out of the back of his neck. His body fell limp before Evie's feet, who stood holding her unholstered bow shakily. More shouting from outside overshadowed the exhange of combat by Dexter. Rushing to a window to investigate, she saw three more of them heading for the back of the building. Where they had come from she had no idea, only that the situation was becoming more grim by the second.

There had been five of them, right? Dexter questioned himself. That he knew of, three were dead, which left two. One at the bottom of the staircase and one going around back to be, hopefully, cut off by Evie. Almost as if on queue, he heard gunshots, glancing in the direction though the hallway she'd turned down wasn't currently in view. Anxiety and dread settled in his gut, and indecision threatened to tear him in half. He should stay here, that was obvious. But Evie was alone, and she hardly knew what she was doing with that gun.

His mind was made up for him as two voices sounded at the bottom of the staircase. "How many are there?"

"Not sure. At least two, but the way they're fighting, most likely more. They took out Randy and Geoff right through the back door, didn't even hesitate to fire."

"They must be guarding something good then, boys. See to it that they don't live much longer, but if you can, keep one for interrogation. I'm heading back, I'm sure you can take care of this."

"Yes sir." The other voice said as the sound of retreating footsteps could be heard, and Dexter narrowed his eyes. Sir? What was this, some sort of criminal organization? He'd thought they were just bandits.

"Dexter," Evie spoke, announcing her presence. Her white shirt had blood lightly splattered across the front of it, but all in all she seemed to be in one piece. "The back staircase is clear."

He startled at her sudden appearance, having been distracted by the conundrum that had proven to be these bandits. "They have reinforcements." He said, loosing another three shots down the staircase as movement sounded at the bottom. "So far I've been able to keep them at the bottom but I don't have many rounds left." His gaze swept her hands. "Where's your gun?"

Realizing that she had left it on the floor of the corridor, her eyes searched the immediate area as if the weapon would magically appear. "Oh, shit..." she sighed.

"You are... so fired." He said, exasperated. "Why would you - ah, nevermind. Just cover my back." He noticed the blood on her shirt. "None of that's yours right?"

"I'm better with my bow, anyway, and no... it's the person who has an arrow shaped hole in their neck," she replied with a rebellious streak. She had to admit, it was scary but true that the instinct of fear was beginning to wash off from her. Where as she started the engagement terrified, now she felt exhilarated. Perhaps what was more terrifying was that watching the bandit fall to the floor and splutter through his bloody last breaths gave her such a rush that she couldn't deny felt somewhat good.

The scatter of a shotgun in the middle of the staircase stopped him from replying, and he moved in front of Evie, guiding her back away from the landing. "I'm not sure how many are left." He said, moving close to her so she could hear his quiet tone. "But we need to set up an ambush. There are only two of us. I don't think anyone else is going to the back staircase so if we wait until they get up here, we can use the position against them. Push them back down the stairs, hopefully full of bullets."

"Okay... what do you need me to do?" she asked.

"Once they realize we've 'abandoned' this post they'll rush us without fail. Fall back, see if you can get into that room there-" he pointed behind her "-and I'll go down the hallway, when they come up, wait until you can see them all then fire." He reloaded the gun, checked to make sure it was working correctly, and then offered it to her. "I'll be down there, when they come up, they'll see me and walk right past the room you're in. You'll have a free shot at them, point blank. You can't miss."

"Wait... you can't expect me to be able to shoot them all!" she protested. "What if I hit you?"

"There are fifteen rounds in this gun, Evie. You'll be five feet away at most. Trust me, you can do it."

"B-but..." she moved to protest once more, but Dexter took her wrist and placed the butt of the gun in her palm.

"This is the only shot we have at getting out of this alive."

"No pressure, right?" she said with a breathy chuckle, lip starting to quiver with nerves as the fear creeped back in. "Okay, let's do this."

"Exactly." He smiled, though he was near trembling on the inside. "No pressure at all."

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Items (3):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: Everyone @ Hotel (Collab w/Ven)

Raising her free hand to brush an errant lock of hair from her forehead, she nodded in agreement. There was only one way to find out if this would work. Exhaling, she moved off and took her position in the room.

Watching her leave, Dex closed his eyes for a second, rubbing the side of his face. Without the gun in his hands, he felt naked and vulnerable. He slipped his knife out of its sheath, holding it firmly in his right hand, and took a step back from the landing. "Fuck, I'm out of ammo." He called, trying simultaneously to be quiet and also loud, to give the impression that he didn't want them to hear. He retreated down the hallway, standing in plain view of anyone who were to come up the stairs. When he was at a decent distance, he stopped, taking a shaky breath.

The sound of boots trampling up the stairs was terrifying, and he prayed to whatever higher being that there might be that they held off on shooting him until Evie could pop out behind them and do her thing. The first man crested the staircase cautiously, his semi-auto trained on Dexter's chest. Dexter held up his hands to show he had no gun as two other men followed the first, one with another semi-auto and the other with a shotgun. "Well, well, well. What do we have here, boys?" The shotgun-man said with a smirk. He was shorter than the other two by a head, and had a grimy beard that was in desperate need of a wash.

"Looks like someone's out of ammo." Said the first man, waving the barrel of his weapon at Dexter.

"I've got no gun." Dexter said. "You killed my friend, and I have no gun. I'm surrendering."

The trio moved past the doorway that Evie was sheltering behind, weapons trained, debating among themselves. "Boss said to keep one alive, right?"

"Okay, Evie... you can do this... you can do this," she whispered to herself, hearing that they had passed her. "On three... 1... 2... 3!" On her final count, she burst from her position, rapidly squeezing the trigger in the direction of the hostiles. Dexter flattened himself to the ground when she started firing, and two dropped almost immediately, multiple, scattered holes oozing blood as the pattern of impact points reflected the lessened control she had on the greater recoiling weapon. Before she could get rounds on target for the last thug, however, he had turned and loosed a buckshot round in her direction. She dived back into the room, screaming as the shattered wood and plaster crashed against her. Uncertain on whether he had hit her, the man fired once more, the scream giving him the answer he needed. Heading towards the room, shotgun raised as he prepared to move in on the girl who had frozen up, head tucked into her arms. She'd fucked it up. She was going to die.

Unsure whether Evie's scream was that of fear or pain, and quite frankly not caring, Dexter climbed to his feet with a margin of difficulty. He had miraculously managed to avoid the spray from the machine guns as Evie's attack startled them into firing, but the combination of heart pounding fear and adrenaline had taken its toll on his already weakened body. He stumbled down the hallway, knife still in hand, as the shotgun-toting bandit disappeared into the room Evie was in. He lowered the gun to point at her prone figure on the ground...

...and then pulled the trigger.

The shotgun clicked, empty, and the man snarled in rage, pulling a knife from his belt loop. "I'm going to take my time with you, bitch." Grabbing her by the back of her hair, he lifted her up to slit her throat, a whimper of pain escaping her mouth. In a last ditch attempt at survival, she swung her elbow backwards as hard as she could, landing the strike straight into the man's crotch.

"DEX! HELP!" She screamed, scrambling away from the recoiling assailant.

The man grunted in pain, releasing Evie just as Dexter rounded the corner. He plowed into the squat man, arms wrapped around his upper body, and the two of them went to the ground, muffled grunts and curses sounding off as the pair fought for dominance. Managing to get on top of him, Dexter swung a hard fist right into his teeth, feeling several of them crack or break beneath his hand. Blood spurted up, covering Dex's already gory form with more crimson detail. A second punch followed the first, and then a third, and a fourth, the crunching of bones cracking beneath his fists audible in the room that was otherwise eerily quiet.

Evie had since rescinded to the corner, watching as Dex beat the man to a pulp. Her heart raced a thousand beats per minute as everything felt as if she were in some sort of fucked up, demented dream. Seeing the blood spurt up and hearing the sounds of bone striking bone, adrenaline-infused nausea wracked all of Evie's body. Her stomach churned as the urge to vomit struck her entire form.

He couldn't remember how many times his fist connected with the squat man's face, but by the time he pulled back, too exhausted to continue, to slump against the wall, it was less of a face and more of a processed meat product. But he was still alive, snorting and gurgling blood from what used to be a nose and mouth. Dexter sucked in air like a drowning man whose head just surfaced, raspy breath filling the room.

A hand placed on his shoulder; Evie. A grim look on her face, she gave Dex a nod to move to the side before she climbed atop the man, the knife that Dex had dropped in her grasp. Terrified eyes stared back up at her, the man knew what was going to happen to him though he didn't have the ability to cry in protest. Scowling down at him, her lips curling up in disgust, she grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his head up slightly from the floor.

"I'm going to take my time with you, bitch," she spat, resting the blade against his adam's apple. Savouring one last moment of eye contact, she ripped the blade across his throat, a fountain of blood spraying out before the bleeding slowed to a steady stream oozing down the man's body and soaking the carpet. Dropping the knife, Evie raised to her feet, looking down at the man's corpse for a moment before she turned to Dex. Not even asking for permission, she walked practically into him, her head resting against his chest as she broke down into tears. No words followed. Only the sobbing. Only the last of the adrenaline flooding out of her system. Arms went around Evie almost instinctively as she pressed into him, her sobs strong enough to wrack both their bodies. He stepped backwards away from the body, putting a few feet between them before sinking down to the ground and pulling her with him, back against the wall. "It's okay." He said quietly, letting her scream and sob. "We did it, we're okay."

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Otto's Canteen (empty)

Cecilio Ledezma
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Otto @Dakota K5 , Tyrese @RubyRose

Cecilio sighed and looked to Tyrese unsure of what they should do at this point. Cecilio felt Otto could handle himself since they weren't that far in the hospital though he knew Dexter might not be to happy with the concept of leaving someone behind. At the same time he also felt it was a massive risk to remain there with all this medicine on his person making him a prime target for anyone who was willing to take it by force. Cecilio held onto his rifle in thought for a moment before he accepted this was an extremely difficult decision.

"Fucking shit!" He said in a hushed whisper "What do you think we should do Tyrese?" Cecilio asked the man for his input. "We go back Dex is gonna want our asses on a silver plate for leaving Otto behind. Something happens to Otto then we're in deeper shit. At the same time we stay and someone and their buddies decides they want this stuff we're dead. I'm really in the middle for leaving and staying..."He sighed. It was a harsh choice but he did have Tyrese and Otto offering cover but at the same time the cramped areas and open places didn't make the hospital a place you'd want to have a gunfight while on the defense.
--------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
4x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
3x Pistol Magazines (3 loaded)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit (with Ringo)
2x Bottles of painkillers
1x 7 string acoustic guitar (with Ringo)
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble(with Ringo)
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

Reactions: Blythe

Interactions: Otto ( @Dakota K5 ), Cecilio ( @Derp )

Being told to 'cut it out' did not go over well. In fact, the annoying familiar burn of anger entered into Tyrese's chest- not because he was failing to intimidate Otto but because of the treatment he was receiving as if he were some teenage punk who thought he was cool. Tyrese had crushed the skulls of bigger men then Otto, too, but then he didn't think it prudent to get into a pissing contest with Otto so he kept that to himself- the only show of his irritation in the way his eyes narrowed.

Sucking in a huge breath at the insinuation he was scared as if that were a bad thing Tyrese released it slowly. Very slowly, and let his anger go with it. Getting angry in this world was a swift road to death and letting a little man like Otto get under his skin was downright pathetic. Just because he's being a fool doesn't mean you need to become one too, Ty. Keep it cool, big man. Tyrese calmed himself, though that edge of fear of going about a hospital didn't leave. Neither did his desire to get what they had and leave instead of hunting for trouble.

When Otto turned to leave, Tyrese stood his ground instead of following after. His desire to live another day was weighing out any kind of desire to risk his life on some stupid hero mission. "Fucking little pissant." Tyrese huffed. So maybe he hadn't gotten rid of as much anger as he might have hoped. He turned his attention to Cecilio.

"Look, man, if Otto wants to go on a mission with more risk then reward that's his business. The goal was to get in, get the goods, and get out. Dexter never mentioned searching for others. In fact he seems irritated as it is with the ones we have." Tyrese explained as he, too, reasoned through a decision. "Dexter needs the meds as soon as possible. We could always go search out survivors at other times, in normal and less dangerous places then this." He continued and then paused one moment, eyes narrowing and brows lowering into a scowl as he stared after Otto. "There's only one golden light that might be in a hospital that there's a lower chance finding anywhere else and that's a doctor." Tyrese heaved a sigh, ran a hand over his head, glanced back at where Otto disappeared. "His thought about other survivors is idiocy... but if a doctor has survived this long they may be worth finding. Shit."

Heaving a sigh, Tyrese found that his steady decision was now torn. Dexter needed medication... but if they could hand deliver a doctor as well? And what if said doctor could figure out some kind of cure? But... the chances of there being a doctor were so slim that was it worth the risk? They may not have run into trouble yet, but that didn't mean anything. Heaving another long, heavy sigh, he turned his back on Otto. "It's not worth the risk. If Otto finds someone worthwhile I'll throw him a fucking hero party but I'm not putting my life on the line for some slim chance of finding someone. Besides, Dexter does need the medication sooner rather then later so let's get out of here. Unless you'd rather go with him. I won't hold your choice against you." By his tone, he was just as happy to leave on his own without Cecilio, but was open to the other man joining. Tyrese then began to make his way towards the exit, feeling no shame or remorse with his decision. If this shit keeps up I may just be better taking Tommy and heading out on my own. Because this drama is fucking ridiculous.
---
Backpack:
Ziplock bag of ammo and small metal loader (22 bullets)
Bundle of rope (approx. 30 ft long)
Teddy Bear (belonged to his youngest son)
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Machete with a sheath that connects to his belt on his left hip
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)
Mossberg 590a1 (shotgun- 6 shot, 100 shotgun shells)

Food: 2 bags of Beef Jerky (he's been rationing it very carefully)

Water: Plastic Sports Waterbottle (half full)

Reactions: Dakota K5
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter

It had been some time that the two had sat there, Evie merely sobbing into Dexter's chest as the man, no doubt, took the opportunity to gather his energy back. Finally calming down, Evie's eyes peered helplessly up at Dexter's as she shuffled away from him a little, still refusing to look at the corpse of the man they had just killed.

"What are we going to do?" she asked. "We can't let Tommy see... he's just a child. If he sees all of this... b-but we can't stay here. Not now they know where we are."

The truth of it was that there had been one of them that left - the boss. Whoever he was, it didn't seem like he was the leader of just a small-time band of thugs. There were certainly more of them. Evie wasn't aware to what extent this was true, nobody was. However, that uncertainty alone was indicative enough that it was time to make tracks. They just needed Otto and the others to return.

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Items (3):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio Ledezma
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
Interactions: Tyrese @RubyRose
"Woah easy there big guy." Cecilio said wanting Tyrese to mellow out a little bit "No stress I'm with you. I know it's a dick move but EMT classes taught me one thing that's important. If scene ain't safe and you can't confirm then get the hell out. I don't think we'll have many doctors in our future. I'm probably the closest we got nowadays but it's not rocket science I can probably teach you all a few things." He said looking to Tyrese looking ready to go "That and probably teach everyone a few things on electronics, guns, and other shit."

Cecilio looked over his shoulder before looking to Tyrese again "Lets just get the hell out of here. I don't go now I'm going to be stuck between leaving and going and once you go I'm easy pickings even with the semi bullet proof gear." He replied following the man "I hope he does find something or someone. Does give me and idea though. So...uh where do you come from Tyrese?" He asked the man calmly figuring since it was going to be quite a walk they could at least make due with some conversation. He had his rifle in his hands pointed at the ground but at the ready to use should the need arise for it.

--------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
4x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
3x Pistol Magazines (3 loaded)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit (with Ringo)
2x Bottles of painkillers
1x 7 string acoustic guitar (with Ringo)
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble(with Ringo)
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

Interactions: Everyone @ Hotel
Mentions: Everyone @ Hospital

After a minute, Dex had let his head fall back against the wall, eyes drifting closed and hand rubbing Evie's back in what he hoped was a comforting gesture. He was exhausted. The hour long nap he'd managed to sneak in before, and the massive adrenaline surge caused by the combat, had been enough to keep him going until now, but... the effects of both had long since dissipated. Evie's stirring made him open his eyes and he peered blearily down at her as she raised her gaze to meet his. "Tommy will be fine, I'll carry him. Cover his eyes until we're away from the carnage."

With some difficulty, Dexter managed to get to his feet. He helped Evie to her feet and then knelt to retrieve his gun from the floor, holstering it at his hip. He'd spent nearly all his ammunition - but there were more weapons here now, and he assumed tons more bullets, too. Though it wasn't an ideal situation, they had needed to resupply. "We need to check on the others, and then we need to rest. Once Otto's group gets back, we're leaving, but until then, everyone needs to rest. Especially you." He fixed her with his Riley Stare. The one that meant no room for discussion. In truth, he probably looked equal parts intimidating and pathetic right now, shirtless and covered in blood, both his wounds bleeding freely and soaking into his pantsleg.

"Come on." He said quietly, extending a hand to her and proceeding through the buckshot-splintered door frame regardless of whether or not she took it. Limping down the hallway, he made his way to the room they'd left the others in, twisting the doorknob and pushing inward, he stepped inside, calling, "It's me, Dexter. Don't shoot." The new woman was standing at the window, blinds parted with a finger, but she turned when he came in. The siblings were both in the bed, with Tommy protectively between them. Everyone was safe. Breathing a sigh of relief, Dexter sank down into the nearest chair. He wasn't about to ask them to vacate the bed, and he also wasn't going to share it. Besides, at this point he would have slept in the bath tub without complaint. "Everyone get some rest." He said quietly. "As soon as the others get back, we're off again."

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Otto's Canteen (empty)

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Hotel Peepz

As Dex helped Evie to her feet, her eyes finally fell back on the corpse in the corner. Seeing the man's ripped open throat reminded her of countless bodies she had seen on her travels; only this time it was her that had tore his throat open and not one of the infected. Still, it wasn't her first kill, she didn't shed a tear for the loss of the man's life. She'd met his type before. She'd killed his type before. The only thing that caused the sick feeling in her stomach to swell was the knowledge that with everyone of his kind that she killed, she started to enjoy it more and more. After all, it's what they deserved, right?

Taking Dex's hand, she allowed him to lead her through the corridors of gore and corpses back to the others. It was an odd feeling. She had always felt some sort of stand-offish tension with Dexter. Like he was always annoyed at her or angry at her. But after all this? He was different, or at least he felt different. It was almost as if he cared. Not something she was used to after the world went to hell. She'd only ever met people who were either out for themselves or out for others misery. Quaint that she'd end up in the group she did.

Entering the room with the others, Evie kept quiet, for once. Simply resigning herself to follow Dex's orders. What was the point in protesting? She was exhausted. Slumping down by a nearby wall, she curled herself up, knees tucking to her chest. Still, exhausted as she may have been she was wide awake, mind filled with thoughts of the engagement they had just survived, of what they may face herein.

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Items (3):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Otto (@Dakota K5)
Interactions: N/A

Once again Elizabeth was bored out of her mind. She had been wandering around this hospital for a bit and found nothing of use to her. Plus, even if she did find medical supplies what use would a person who had no idea how to use them have? If anything she was wasting her time here. It's not like someone is going to magically show up and talk to her. The world didn't work like that. At least, not that she knew of.

Then again what would she do if she did find someone? Beg them to let her come with them just so she had someone to talk to? No, Elizabeth hadn't become that desperate, yet. If she walking into someone she would either hide or try and talk to them. Well, she might just hide. Never know if there hostile or not.

With a sigh she went back to searching through a cabinet only to find nothing, what a surprise. Again she found nothing, so again she walked to the next room but, this time when she left the room she saw a man rounding the corner. Panicking she ran into the next room and closed the door. What if he saw her? What would she do? Maybe he wasn't hostile but, Elizabeth wasn't taking that chance. Clutching her katana she peaked out the doors window waiting for the man to pass.

On Her
Childhood Katana
Colt 1911(3 bullets loaded)

In Backpack
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket

Food
1/6 granola bar

Water
None

Outfit
l.jpg

Reactions: Dakota K5
Otto Williams
Interaction: Elizabeth
-

He would of dismissed the shadow as it moved, but Otto knew better then that at this point in his life. He backed around the corner to give himself some cover from the room where he saw the shadow move to as he pulled up his rifle and aimed it at the door. He could put a round through the door with a reasonable chance of hitting who or whatever was on the other side but that would inevitably draw any infected to this location so he took another chance. "I know you're in there whoever you are, I got a line of sight of that door and i'm half tempted to put a few rounds through the door just to be safe but I feel like if you had been hostile you would of shot at me so either you are unarmed or trying to avoid conflict. I'm just looking for survivors, name's Otto Williams if that makes ya more comfortable with coming out and not shooting at me if ya got a gun. Talk to me if ya can hear me, i'd hate to be talking to just shadows." He finished as he kept his rifle at the low ready, not quite aimed at the door but able to be snapped up and fired a the door if it was needed.
-
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1

The Next Day
With the memories of the past day and all of its horrors fresh in their minds, conversations were undoubtedly icy. Plotting the best way forward from there was hard with the thought that every one of their steps would be stalked by bloodthirsty, relentless bandits. It was only when the unlikely candidate, Lacey, gave information of a settlement to the North where they would be safe. Everything they would ever need: walls, supplies, food, a place to sleep; it was only a few miles north of the city limits. Still, it still stood that Dexter was minus a top and Evie's clothes were soaked in blood. Evie proposed a visit to the shopping precinct once more to gather some clothing materials for the trip. However, with the impending threat, putting a child in the way of danger for some clothes seemed illogical.

After some debate, it was decided that Lacey and some others would take Tommy north immediately with enough supplies for their journey and try and confirm the presence of a settlement and their allegiance. The others would then meet them there when their business in Shreveport was done.

With Otto and the others returning, the excursion team headed out North and the others prepared to move out to the Louisiana Boardwalk, the place promised to offer a wealth of clothing within reachable distance.
l.jpg

Reactions: Hexatech
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Hotel Peepz

Stretching her arms out wide, Evie yawned audibly. It had been a while since she had heard the birdsong beyond the windows, the storm had rendered it somewhat absent. Still, with the weather improving and the sun somewhat shining, now did seem like the best time to move onward to the shopping district.

"Everyone ready to go?" she asked, hands rested on her hips and peering back at the others. "Having clothes stained with the blood of cretins is getting a little old, now..." she added, a small, billowing sigh following her words. While it was most plausible that she could simply wash her clothes, the idea that she had been wearing the same outfit, the same underwear and now that blood for as long as she had gave her a shameful, sickening feeling. Finding a new look would be nice and the frivolity of shopping, she had to admit, sounded exciting.

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (1):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Otto (@Dakota K5)
Interactions: N/A

Panic went through Elizabeth at the man's voice. She'd been seen. It's not that she's upset, it's more she's scared. Was he alone or with people? Where they nice or were they going to kill her on sight? That would be funny. She steps out the room only to be shot, yea not a chance. There was no way she was walking out this door if he was pointing a gun at it. She's not that stupid. Glancing out the doors window she tried to find the man, but she found nothing. Taking a deep breath she responded, "My names Elizabeth Jones. Please don't shoot me. I mean no harm, I'm just looking for some supplies. I don't know how to use my gun, so I can't really hurt you, but I am armed! Are you alone?"

As good as it would to have someone watch your back Elizabeth wasn't taking any chances. If he was hostile and had other people with him, she was going to run for it.

On Her
Childhood Katana
Colt 1911(3 bullets loaded)

In Backpack
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket

Food
1/6 granola bar

Water
None

Outfit
l.jpg

Otto White
Present time
Interaction: Evie
-
He had returned after finding the lone survivor of Elizabeth at the hospital, the other two had gotten back before him by about an hour with the medical supplies and when he had returned he had learned of the attack that had occurred while they had been gone and how a few of the attackers had gotten away. He had entertained the idea of going after the last few on his own but decided against it though the possibility of another attack with the few out there possibly getting reinforcements was there. He looked to Evie. "As long as they have something in my size." He made the simple comment more to himself then anyone but it was able to be heard.
-----
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full) ((Re filled and taken back))
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1
-----
Otto White
Flashback to Hospital
Interaction: Elizabeth
-

"Well Elizabeth I ain't here looking to hurt anyone, I was part of a small group sent from my group of survivors to look for supplies here ourselves. The other two with me elected to go back while I did a sweep for any survivors." He didn't mention that the other two had left due to an argument. "I'll put my trust into you Elizabeth and step out so you can see me and I will have my rifle slung on my back but I need you to trust me as well and show yourself with any weapons you got holstered and your hands where I can see them and I'll keep my hands away from any of my weapons as well alright?" Otto spoke as he once again put his faith in other people and slung his Springfield over his shoulder and stepped out into view of the door with his hands at his sides away from either his club or rifle. "We got food and water back at our shelter but like I said trust goes both ways, I need you to step out as well." He spoke as he waited.
--
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1

Status
Not open for further replies.