[R] Mission: Z [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
57292e687613d85cd4c1778558580de4.png
Interactions: Evie @VengefulPeanut , Tyrese @RubyRose
Cecilio was rather quick to notice the remnants of what fighting took place at the hotel and he was worried if they lost anyone or if their attackers would return again to try and finish what they started. He was relieved to at least know they had the place under their control still and he began to pilfer through the dead raiders collecting anything of use to them mostly taking any weapons or ammunition that could be had. He counted what they had and laid it out for view and they now had 2 shotguns and 3 pistols with additional ammunition and magazines.

When he heard Evie mention the boardwalk his mind worked a little remembering stopping by there once and he interjected "If i remember there's an outdoors store there that sells supplies as well as firearms and ammunition. I'm more than happy for some new clothes as well." He said recalling having visited almost a year and a half ago with his step father. "Also we've got some weapons and ammo if anyone's feeling needing of it." He identified each weapon to the best he could and made a mental not. One pistol was a M1911, another a Hipoint 9mm, and the last was a Ruger in 40. S&W as for the 2 shotguns he identified it as a semi auto and the other was an over under. "We got a few nice ones for now but it's not going to do much good if those assholes come back."

Cecilio was worried for a split moment when he realized Ringo was no where to be found and he let out a whistle and sure enough the dopey Shephard came out of the vent dragging Cecilio's bag with him. Cecilio sighed in relief and helped Ringo get the bag off of him and quickly loaded the meds from the hospital into it. If anything it would be wiser if he hung onto them considering he knew how to actually use them. "I'm definitely ready to go check out the boardwalk though. Maybe if we're lucky it'll be untouched."
--------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
4x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
3x Pistol Magazines (3 loaded)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
2x Bottles of painkillers
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen ( 3/4 Full)

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Hotel Peepz

"I mean, it didn't look too ransacked when I passed it last," Evie responded to Cecilio's last comment. "Well, let's go then."

Taking the initiative, Evie slung her backpack over her shoulders and headed out down the corridors. Leaving the hotel felt weirdly like a large chapter of her life was ending. When she'd only originally intended to shelter there for the night, the amount of trouble she had encountered in the place was truly astonishing. Considering that, after her run in with the bandits where she had lost the last of her friends, she hadn't seen many other humans, seeing so many in so little time and coming into so much conflict was somewhat overwhelming. It was only upon the harsh sun assaulting her eyes and blurring her vision that she truly came to realize how long she had been shacked up in that place.

"Shouldn't be a long walk to the Boardwalk," she called back to the others, holding on to the straps of her backpack and pressing onwards towards the interstate and up on the path to cross the river.
7f48f4e88ac076dc7621a38c4c30d23b.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (1):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

The Northern Expedition

Having decided on the plan, the group divided into two. Lacey began to head North, Tommy, Tyrese and Marcus in tow. Heading out over the interstate, the other group consisting of Evie, Dex, Otto and Cecilio made their way for the shopping precinct. The journey North was trying and dangerous, leaving the city limits dropped the level of danger from the infected, but they were now out on the open roads... and motorized bandits were plaguing the region. Whether they could find the settlement they were looking for before it was too late, that was to be seen.
477091_art-green-helicopter-overgrown-road-the-pointer_2390x1301_h.jpg

Interactions: n/a
Mentions: Evie, Cecilio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardly listening to the others as they made plans to gather supplies at the outlet mall, Dexter followed without offering input. Brow furrowed, eyes downcast, he watched his shoes flash in and out of view, relying on his other senses to tell him where the group was going. He was lost in his own mind - a labyrinth of jumbled thoughts and memories. He missed Riley. So fiercely that it was like a physical pain in his chest. Their near death experience in the hotel made him aware of just how close he'd been to joining her in the afterlife. And, now that the adrenaline had faded, he admitted to himself that had he not felt compelled to protect the others, to protect Evie, he may not have minded quite so much.

Sensing his master's trepidation, Hero gave a gruff noise of displeasure, snuffling at Dexter's dangling hand with a moist, cold nose. The soldier patted his head, rough, the way he knew the dog liked, and Hero bounced off with a playful woof, bounding in silly circles around the group. Despite himself, Dexter laughed, reaching back to rub the back of his neck and wincing when the movement pulled at his wounds. He'd cleaned and rebandaged the wound before they left, and he'd dutifully swallowed his pills with the last of his water, but the antibiotics were slow-going, and the feverish exhaustion still plagued him.

Dark eyes rose to stare at Evie and Cecilio, walking about five feet ahead of him, and Dex nodded to himself. For the first time in a long time, he had people he was willing to die to protect. And that felt good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 4
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Glock G29 (13 loaded + 35 boxed)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (10 pills)
Bottle of Penicillin (12 pills)
Otto's Canteen (empty)
Food: none
Water: none

[BCOLOR=transparent]Big Group Collab[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]The interstate road that led over the bridge was littered with abandoned traffic, no doubt the remnants of an entire city trying to flee an outbreak from which there was no real escape. Within the cars, discarded belongings and luggage could be seen through the dust and dirt smeared windows. As she passed, Evie couldn't help but intrusively peer inside them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hey guys, those people were taking their Playstation with them... ah, priorities,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] she sighed, sarcastically. With the sun in the sky, her normally sunny disposition was only more noticeable. Then again, it was a stark contrast to the solemn and glum mood she had been in since the events at the hotel. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter glanced in the window as he passed, the sun burning across his bare shoulders.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Most people who evacuate think they're coming home."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He said softly.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Not entirely out of the ordinary for them to bring their most prized possessions."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] When Dexter left, he hadn't been in a position to take much of anything. The Desert Eagle at his hip, despite the frivolity of such a huge, cumbersome weapon, was the only thing he had to remember his father by. That, and his own personal handgun had been the only things deemed necessary enough to make the trip with him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Otto walked among the cars as both Evie and Dexter spoke, he was quiet. His thoughts kept to himself as he provided a look out with his rifle.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Hmm, funny." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He thought as the fact of the matter was that with the others gone Otto was the only one other than Cellio to have any real long range capability to speak of but the last people they had seen had been the other group hell even the infected seemed to be nowhere to be found along this road, he peeked in a few cars but found little to nothing of value.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know... I was always a Nintendo girl,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie responded, nonchalantly, to Dexter's comment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Me, too." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Otto stood still for a moment as he heard the crackling of twigs and sticks off of the road they were on, drawing his attention.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Noticing the sudden lack of footfalls behind him, Dexter turned to notice Otto had stopped. They were just past the bridge now, and the neat roads in the past few years had succumbed on either side to wild foliage growth.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"You ok?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Heard something."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Otto spoke with a half grunt. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Off in the woods a bit, sounded like an animal…"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Otto left the sentence hang as he wasn't sure what had made the noise but the crackling wood had sounded too… deliberate to be an infected. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't think it was infected but I ain't sure. Want me to go check it out?"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Otto asked. His rifle was carried near his hip as he stared hard into the forest.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Evie, Cecilio, hold on."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter called ahead, keeping his voice down as much as he could with them still able to hear him. Giving the command for Hero to sit still and be on guard, Dexter drew his Glock and checked the magazine. Four shots.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"It may just be a deer or something." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He said, not totally convinced, but unwilling to outright say they were possibly being followed after the debacle at the hotel. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Otto kept staring into the wooded area before dropping back near Dex so that he could speak to him at a more… sedate level.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"I could hang back a bit… if it is someone following they ain't gonna notice if one of us drops off, plus the forest is where I thrive. I can disappear if I want to and follow."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Otto suggested to Dexter, if they were being followed by a person or persons it would be better to deal with them now rather than later and if it was a animal of decent size then they have dinner, a win win in Otto's book. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Uneasy, Dexter let a frown play at his lips. He didn't like the idea of splitting up, but Otto was right. Between the cars and the rest of the rubbage strewn about the road, along with the undergrowth that spilled over the sides of the highway, it would be easy for someone to disappear. But if they [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]were[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] being followed by people, it's likely they'd notice Otto's absence regardless. Waiting for the others to contribute, he fell silent.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]I won't send anyone off if it means they can get hurt, or killed.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]He decided. Even if the others did look at him as the defacto "leader" of their rag tag little band, he wasn't ready to make that decision.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What's going on?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie asked, obliviously, seemingly having being wandering and talking to herself for the past few minutes. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio had been lost in his own thoughts though he thought to add a little jab at Evie for liking Nintendo or as he called them 'Nintenblow' but felt now was the time for jabs or banter. When Dex said to hold on he stopped and looked around. It wasn't entirely welcoming to hear something was in the woods and he quickly pulled the charging handle on his rifle back to see if he was still loaded. Sure enough he still had the same bullet in the chamber ready to fire. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Otto looked to Evie.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Something in the woods possibly, person or animal. I think we should keep moving but as we go I will slow and drop off and see if I can come up and around whatever it is and deal with it."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Otto was still looking into the woods, searching for anything out of place, anything that didn't belong. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After a long moment of deliberation, Dexter nodded his assent. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Alright, Otto. If you really want to go check it out, go."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]He clapped the man on the shoulder.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Be careful, meet us at the Outlet Mall as soon as you can. If shit hits the fan just fire three into the air and we'll come running." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He took a step back with a strained smile.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio was quick to speak up to offer Otto a small trade for the time being[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"You want to swap rifles? I'm sure a semi automatic would be more useful if you got into trouble Otto."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He suggested trying to make a point. Cecilio came to care about this group then again he tended to care a lot about other people in general but at the moment he was technically their doctor/medic wrapped up in a bundle of riot gear. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Or maybe one of the shotguns? I'd rather you take something with more kick."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How are you not melting in that, by the way?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie asked, looking on quizzically at Cecilio. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You get used to it." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter replied for him, remembering the days he spent in full battle rattle doing marches in the blazing sun.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Otto gave a smirk to Cecillio. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Trust me, I do better work with this than most anything else."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He gestured to his Springfield. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"And thirty aught six will send most things, be they people or otherwise, to their afterlife."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Otto intoned as he started to back up and push off into the woods. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"You all better start walking before they notice I'm gone."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Otto said as his retreating form entered the dense foliage.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"If someone's following us... don't you think they'll notice the tall, bearded guy is suddenly missing?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie pointed out, scrunching her lips up slightly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio looked to Evie and nodded [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"But then you still have the guy in riot gear and two attack dogs or one. I don't think anyone would be that crazy to go for it or at least I hope not."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He said as he adjusted his rifle in his arms keeping his finger on the trigger guard.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Then why are they following us? Those guys from the hotel were hardly ones for the subtle approach."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's probably just an animal."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter repeated.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Let's get a move on. Otto can catch up."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio nodded as he started to walk again [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Dex has a point plus the longer we stand here the bigger targets we become for some raider. Maybe if we're lucky we can find a gun Evie can shoot and throw when its not working."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]He teased a little.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"That was a cheap shot,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] she groaned in response.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Turning away to hide his smirk, Dexter holstered his pistol and continued forward, Hero at his heels.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Come on, slow pokes. It will be nice to get where we're going before I get sunburnt all to hell."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You do realise you're walking with a ginger, right?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie commented, pouting slightly. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter looked over his shoulder and squinted at her. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"A [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]fully clothed[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] ginger." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Wow, you almost sound upset about that,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] she quipped, chuckling to herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Good god you two. I've got some condoms in my gear if you need them."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Cecilio quipped at them both.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Blinking stupidly, Dexter turned back around, grateful that the sun had already reddened his face.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"That's not what I… I didn't…"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]He snorted, shaking his head before falling silent. Evie's response was only marginally better, as she made a noise that sounded as if she had choked on a fly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So... how out of date are those condoms, then?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] She asked, trying to avoid the comment. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I mean, I doubt anybody is out there making new condoms now, right? I mean... that'd be... that'd be stupid."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Uncle Sam thats who. Mostly 'cause his soldiers are practically willing to stick their dicks in anything - even their buddies if they agree to it."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Cecilio said plainly not exactly having a censor.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why does Uncle Sam sound so pervy? Is he one of those special kinds of uncles? Did you have a bad experience?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Evie teased, unawares as to whom he was actually referring to. That's not to say she didn't know who 'Uncle Sam' really was, more that she had just discarded the idea that the US military was functioning still. After all, she had seen the pathetic last breaths of it during her time at the refugee camps.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hey now."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Dexter warned, not looking over his shoulder this time in fear of the expression on his face giving away more than he wished.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Not every soldier is like that, you know."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He dropped a hand down on to Hero's head.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Not to say most of them aren't, but…. You know. Not [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]all [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]of them."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio nodded[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Technically I was conscripted along with the 'security' team I was assigned to. Then again pretty sure most of your soldiers getting Infected makes for a pressing draft."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Wait... wait... so... you mean the US military is still making condoms? I think I got lost somewhere in this conversation..." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No, Evie. They are not."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter said seriously.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Damn, that's a shame,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] she sighed. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Could have made for some funny slogans: 'Avoid infection... and no, not that kind of infection'."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Usually their main slogan is 'Don't get a VD or we'll cut your dick off so help us god.'"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Cecilio said with a chuckle[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Alright, alright, can we talk about something else maybe?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Rubber up! Don't let your little soldier suffer zombification!"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie pressed on, regardless.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ok ok. So Evie can you tell me where you got that awesome tactical move to throw guns? I think you may seriously be onto something."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio asked sarcastically to try and change the subject.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Bully,"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] she said simply and bluntly, pouting once more.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"I can't believe you told him about that, Dex..."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]she sulked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It was impressive."[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]He said sincerely.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I say we get Evie a hi-point pistol. That way when she's out of bullets it's like throwing a piece of metal covered in truck bed liner."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]He chuckled. As a bit of compensation Ringo nudged her hand in a sort of apologetic/pet me manner.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Will you kindly fuck off, please?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie retorted, scowling slightly. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Is the guy dead? Yes. Am I alive? Yes. Case closed, I'm a badass." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Feeling the soft fur of Ringo's coat brush against her hand, she smiled slightly, patting the otherwise terrifying dog gently on the head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dexter fell silent at that, clenching his fists so that the bruises and cuts he had across his knuckles twinged painfully. He wasn't quite willing to discuss that at the moment. The men that they'd killed in the gunfight… well, that was that. Heat of the moment. But the last guy, the one he'd beaten to a pulp before Evie… well… that still struck a chord. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio fell silent as well, knowing he went a little too far and he pressed on moving between two cars. He stopped for a moment to look around before something grabbed his ankle causing him to let out a confused[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"Wha-?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Before he was pulled down to the level of the Infected on the ground and he began to shout and scream in terror and panic. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"HOLY FUCK! BLYAT!"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] While the suit protected from bites an Infected trying to pull you down and crawl on you to get a chunk wasn't something most people could remain calm under. Soon Cecilio was struggling, the zombie deciding his face looked good though his visor, which was offering protection, but the visage of a face trying to eat him wasn't very assuring,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So much fucking drama!" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Evie screamed, heading over to see what the problem was. Upon seeing the Infected snatching at Cecilio's ankle, Evie's eyes widened, an unhindered bellowing of the word 'shit' spilling from her lips as she grasped at her hunting knife. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Dex, help!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio's initial noise of surprise had gone unheeded by Dex, thinking that he and Evie were just fooling around still, but the second outburst, with Evie's cry right after, made him whip around in confusion. Evie was in between him and the grounded medic, so he moved forward in several long strides, brushing past her and ripping his own knife from his sheath.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio calmed himself, grabbing the zombie by the neck and keeping it away from him though it required both his hands.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "FUCKING SHOOT THIS THING!!!"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Cecilio shouted as he tried to push the Infected off of himself. Lifting his foot, Dexter kicked the Infected so hard it bounced back and off of Cecilio and against the rubbish-strewn asphalt. He was atop it only a second later, his knife sunken between the creature's eyes. Its furious snarls and cries silenced immediately, and Dexter froze, waiting to see it its noises would call others to their location. In the meantime, Evie had already rushed to Cecilio's side, grabbing him by his collar, grunting as she attempted to lift the heavy man to his feet. It didn't take Evie much effort with Cecilio's cooperation, however. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Fucking shit…"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]He murmured not too pleased by being taken down.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Are you okay? You didn't get bit, did you?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Evie checked, concernedly as she looked him over, looking for any blood, abrasions or cuts. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No… no… He tried, but the suit does its job pretty well…"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He said looking at his wrist and arms at a few new scratches on the wrist portion of the suit.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ok, ok. So Cecilio can you tell me where you got that awesome tactical move to get taken down by a zombie and then cry like a little girl? I think you may seriously be onto something," [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Evie taunted, revelling in every word with a smug smile on her face.[/BCOLOR]

7f48f4e88ac076dc7621a38c4c30d23b.gif
tumblr_inline_nsw4q532Rw1szivcw_500.gif
3d62c08199f12b5a7997d5f3f7b3cdab.jpg

+Cecilio​

Otto White
-
Separated and hunting.
-

[BCOLOR=transparent]Otto's form had disappeared into the forest landscape though he still was within earshot of the rest - but they couldn't see or hear him as he moved to where he had thought the sounds of branches cracking had come from. He was silent and methodical as he searched the ground for any sign of people or animals and sure enough he found what he was looking for: a twig snapped in two. Looking behind and in front of the twig he found tracks, three sets. He stood next to them to get a better look and found that they were indeed three separate imprints made in the soft ground shaded by the forest canopy. He put his boot next to each separate track and found that they were roughly the same size, one a bit smaller, one the same and one bigger by a hair. Three separate male individuals were following Dexter, Evie and Cecilio and himself. He looked forward and saw the tracks headed the same direction as the rest of the group and knew that they couldn't be far.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He walked along with the tracks keeping pace about one hundred feet behind his group, he heard them talking and then panicking as someone was attacked. He wasn't sure but Otto thought it was Cecilio if the voice he heard was correct, he kept himself from going to help, lest he alerted whoever it was that he was tracking. He found himself up on a small ridge or rather a tiny hill but it gave him the height advantage as he looked down and found the ones he was tracking, three men all armed. They were watching the group on the highway, they had their weapons pointed and ready while one of them seemed to be instructing the other two, they didn't look like how Evie and Dexter had described the raiders at the hotel, no these men seemed to be a different but they were a threat and Otto had to make a choice. Either try and get these men to surrender and walk away or...kill all three.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His choice was obvious, even if these men walked away they would return. He pushed his rifle forward slowly and aimed down his sights, only one had a rifle of any kind while another had only a pistol and the third had a shotgun. He lined up the one with the rifle who seemed to be the leader and squeezed… A heavy bang rang out through the forest as Otto was already working the bolt, the leader fell as the thirty aught six round pushed into his chest cavity and expanded creating a grapefruit sized hole appear as the round exited the other side of his chest, the second one with the pistol turned to where the shot had come from but he was not fast enough as a third shot rang out catching this second man in the next ripping a chunk out and killing him instantly. Otto chambered the third round as the one with the shotgun began to run deeper into the forest, Otto aimed down the sights, lining up the runner's chest and squeezed off his third round which thumped into the runner's chest, ending him like the other two.[/BCOLOR]​

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: N/A
Interactions: Otto (@Dakota K5)

Trust was a lot to ask for theses day's even from Elizabeth but, she needed help. There was a lot of doubt that she would make it another week with what little supplies she has. Gripping her katana tightly she opened the door, first peeking her head out before actually stepping out. A man, a large man with medium length brown-gray hair and a full beard. She could see his rifle at his side and realized she was still holding her katana on the defense. "So...um, I just put these on the ground right?" Sheathing it she placed it on the ground and pulled out her colt also, setting it on the ground.

Looking back at the man she raised her hands slightly in a mock surrender. "Well, you can see I'm not hostile and obviously not very equipped with weapons and I can see that you'er a really big guy who looks like he can kill me in a second and I'm going to stop talking now." Elizabeth chewed the inside of her cheek to prevent the possibility of her saying something stupid. Looking around the hall she took a breath. If this guy suddenly thought she was hostile there was no way she could run. This guy looks like he was military or something. Maybe a cop? "So, what now?"

On Her
Childhood Katana
Colt 1911(3 bullets loaded)

In Backpack
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket

Food
1/6 granola bar

Water
None

Outfit
l.jpg

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: All

With the cracking of gunfire, a cacophony of birds fleeing their roosts followed. Evie didn't waste any time in slamming herself into the nearest car she could find and taking cover. She held her bow on her lap, preparing an arrow should she need to defend herself. However, despite the routine being there and her reactions being impeccable, once she was in cover she seemed to freeze. Her eyes simply locking forward, emptily as the final shot rang out.

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (1):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio and Ringo
Interaction: Evie @VengefulPeanut

Cecilio was quick to take shelter behind the vehicle as well right next to Evie choosing a position near the engine block. He counted 3 shots but nothing else and listened to the sound of it as well. It sounded like Otto's rifle or at least from what he could tell from the shots. He looked over at Evie needing her to be ready in case something happened though to his dismay she looked like a dear caught in headlights. He moved over to her "Evie?" He said firmly at first in a hushed whisper. "Evie?!" He said again louder gently shaking her shoulder. Ringo had followed suit and kept close to Cecilio though he looked to Evie and whined loudly before gently butting his head against the womans neck and licking her face. The shepherd rested a paw on her lap with the intent to try and get her attention back.
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items

Last edited:
4nAuzQs.jpg

Feeling the jolt of Cecilio shaking her by the shoulder and hearing the cessation of gunfire, Evie blinked rapidly before looking to Cecilio with a confused, daunted expression. "What's... what's going?" she asked, the next blinking of her eyes long and drawn out as if she were trying to focus her vision. Peering down, she saw Ringo's paw on her lap, shocked as if she hadn't even noticed the dog lick her face.

Without even waiting for an answer, she pushed herself from her position of cover, raising to her feet just enough to peek over the roof of the car. There was nothing out there. No movement, no nothing. Just the bodies and pools of blood draining to the side of the tarmac. She couldn't explain why but it felt like she had been stabbed in the chest, her whole body falling into the throes of a hot flush, body temperature as if she were standing on the surface of the sun. It was a familiar sensation by now. Adrenaline leaving her system. However, this time, she couldn't even recall feeling a rush to a fight or an instinct to run, just a gunshot... nothing more, nothing less. Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to burst free despite her best efforts to hold them back. She was getting tired of this, fatigued. Thoughts of her own sanity and mental wellbeing, about what her life had come to and what it once was, saw the release of the first few tears. She didn't sob, she didn't cry. Simply stood there, overwhelmed as intermittent tears slowly painted tracks down her cheeks.

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (1):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: Otto
Mentions: Evie, Cecilio

377d4159-a6c5-48b6-925b-f42ca0385111.jpg

With the cracking noise of gunshots ringing out, Dexter, like the others, wasted no time in seeking cover by one of the nearby vehicles. A couple of cars away from Evie and Cecilio, he had ducked behind the boot of a sedan, equipping his pistol and preparing to return fire. Three gunshots, rapid succession and then silence. By Dexter's estimation, that meant possibly 1 or 2 kills... or someone with a snap aim claiming 3 kills in 3 bullets. Hopefully, it was Otto and the cessation of gunfire was a good sign in place of a bad one.

He looked to Cecilio and Evie for a moment, noticing that Evie was staring despondently into nothingness, a small frown of concern lining his brow. However, when the girl started to move again and Cecilio held his position with her, Dexter followed suit in peeking out of cover to try and analyse the situation. He couldn't see anything but he wasn't so naive as to assume that meant it was safe. Checking the weight of his magazine and that there was a bullet loaded into the chamber of his glock, he slowly creeped forward to the next car. Bounding car by car, keeping low as he moved, he found himself close to the body of one of the believed assailants.

"Otto! It's Dex!" he called out down the road and into the trees. "Sound off!"

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

Items:
Otto's Canteen (empty)

Food:
none

Water:
none​

ea31563239fece14551aba8ecd669300.png

Mentions: Dexter, Otto, Cecillio, and Evie
Interactions: N/A

After her encounter with Otto she met his group. They seemed like okay people but, Elizabeth was a bit hesitant to trust them. It could have been for the bodies on the ground or the fact that they were more equipped than her tho, she was sure she could count on them in the end if she needed them. On quick introduction later and they hit the road to a shopping center. By any means she wasn't complaining, Elizabeth needed some new close and it would be a good way to get to know the group better.

She kept to quiet and let them talk amongst themselves while she observed them. Dexter seemed to be the leader in her eyes and while that was cool it looked like him and Evie have a bit of a thing going on between them. Which was obvious to everyone it seemed. Cecillio was cool, she could see herself and him getting along. His dog was her least favorite in the group. Elizabeth didn't like dogs, she doesn't hate them, she just doesn't like them. So far the only person she really had a conversation with is Otto and that's odd for Elizabeth seeing as she a friendly person.

Breaking from her thought she watched Otto walk into the trees, looking for the sound he heard. Shortly after Otto departed from the group gun shots were heard and while she hoped it was Otto she ducked behind a car and waited. 3 shots, then silence. Over to her left she could see Cecillio and Evie. From her position she could see much just Evie with tears on her face and Cecillio talking to her. Elizabeth looked around for Dexter but, him shouting to Otto helped her find him. Pulling out her katana she held it close waiting for what ever was going to happen.

On Her
Childhood Katana
Colt 1911(3 bullets loaded)

In Backpack
Faded picture of her mother and father
Journal
A dull pencil
Small blanket

Food
1/6 granola bar

Water
None

Outfit
l.jpg

Otto White
Interaction: Dexter and Elizabeth
-

He heard Dexter yell for him as he was walking out of the woods, three rounds in his hand being put into the Springfield. "No need to shout Dexter, don't what to draw the whole hoard to us." Otto spoke in a low tone, he nodded to Elizabeth as he loaded the last round into the internal box magazine and closed the bolt before flipping the flag safety on before looking to Dexter again. "Three down, all armed I didn't check for supplies or if we should take the weapons or not. One had a rifle another a shotgun and the final one a pistol may be ammo for your glock maybe not." Otto said with a dull tone. "We might want to get moving fast though, those shots are gonna bring in infected from the outskirts and the forest more then likely." Otto mentioned as he stepped up onto the pavement of the highway.
----
Backpack:
30-06 x 176 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x17 (Five in rifle, 12 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1

Interactions: Everyone
Mentions: N/A

377d4159-a6c5-48b6-925b-f42ca0385111.jpg

Listening to Otto's explanation, Dexter huffed quietly and looked over to the bodies. "You fire off three shots and expect me shouting to the draw the horde?" he questioned sarcastically with slight chuckle. "Sounds like you're just trying to offload the blame." He turned on his heel, following back towards the group with Otto. "You're right, though. We need to move. Anyone else tracking us will have been alerted by those shots. If we're lucky, us having killed off three of them will deter them from trying again - more trouble than we're worth."

As he walked past Elizabeth, he cocked a curious brow towards her. Was she expecting to throw the katana at her enemies? Still, he had to give credit to her resolve and that she had taken the initiative to defend herself. In truth, seeing a girl of her stature join the group had concerned Dexter slightly. While he knew Evie could defend herself if she had to, this girl was an unknown and a possible liability. At least now he knew. "We're moving on," he announced to the group, holstering his pistol. "Shopping precinct should be just up ahead. Right, Evie?" he asked, pressing his hand against the girl's shoulder, a subtle nudge for her to snap out of her trance.

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

Items:
Otto's Canteen (empty)

Food:
none

Water:
none​

4nAuzQs.jpg

"Hmm?" Evie hummed, curiously. Her despondent, reddened eyes turned to Dex and she held silent for a moment before things finally seemed to come back into focus. "Y-yeah... it's not far now, if I remember correctly. Should be about 10 minutes on foot," she answered. Slinging her bow back over her back and her arrow back into the quiver that rested against the side of her backpack, she nodded in acquiescence with Dex's orders and start moving off back down the road. However, despite the adrenaline having left her body, she felt drained. This was getting to be too much.

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (1):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio & Ringo

Interactions: Otto @Dakota K5 , Evie @VengefulPeanut , Dex
Cecilio got up from his cover and listened to Dex and Otto speak before he made his request "Bring the rifle and pistol." He said still carrying one of the extra shotguns they procured back from the hotel before the rest of the guns were divided to the others before they left. He knew it seemed silly now but he had a reason for his want plus it never hurt to have another pistol in case his other failed or jammed. He looked to Dex and Evie following after them and Ringo tagged along as well tailing his owners shadow. "We should keep at it. We can rest when we get there. You think you'll be ok Evie?" He asked expressing some concern for her after what happened.

Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items

Last edited:
Interactions: Otto, Evie, Cecilio, Elizabeth
Mentions: n/a

Letting Evie step ahead of him, Dexter fell back, taking up the rear so that he had a clear line of sight of the entire party. It was a little strange to him how far they'd come in such a short amount of time. And how much they'd already lost. While it was true that none of them had yet been killed - not by the dead, nor by the living, things were changing. He was changing.

When he'd first met Otto and Evie, he'd been a wanderer with no purpose. His family was dead, his home was overrun, and he had nothing but the clothes on his back and a few supplies he picked up along the way. Hero nudged his hand as if reading his mind and saying "hey, you had me too", and Dexter palmed the terrier's head, letting his gaze settle on Evie's slumped shoulders. As he was no longer the sullen, mad-at-the-world man anymore, Evie was no longer the bouncy, happy go lucky girl he'd taken a liking to despite his intention to not get attached. Only Otto, steadfast and damn near impossible to read, had stayed true to the person he'd been when Dexter met him.

He let his gaze wander over to Otto as the five of them made their way the ten minutes down the road. The shopping center loomed ahead of them now, and Dex readied his gun, whistling to get everyone's attention before moving up into the middle of them. "Alright, places like this tend to be pretty populated with the Infected, so we're going to need to take it slow, be smart, and above all else, stick together. We'll clear one building at a time, get what we need from it, and move on to the next. Use guns as a last resort, we're low on ammo and the shots will just draw in more."

Turning to Elizabeth, he looked at her. "I'm not sure how good you are with that thing, or what experience you have fighting the Infected, but I need you to hang back this time unless someone tells you otherwise." His brows narrowed on her, trying to impress the seriousness of his words on her. He wasn't going to have some newby putting his people in danger, at least not until he had the chance to test her abilities. He left Cecilio and Otto to their own devices - they knew what they were doing. Evie, though, seemed off herself. Distracted. He walked over to her. "You ok to take point?" He asked quietly. "You're a good shot with that bow and it's the quietest range we have."

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 4
Otto's Canteen (empty)
Food: none
Water: none

4nAuzQs.jpg

Evie chirped up slightly as Dexter questioned her, a small smile gracing her lips as she nodded her head. In the grand scheme of things, fighting the infected didn't seem scary any more - it was an everyday reality. At first, she had felt intense fear at the prospect of going up against the undead but now it had a 'just another day at the office' kind of vibe. She couldn't even begin to fathom how weird the prospect was that killing zombies would feel somehow therapeutic when put in comparison with the preceding days.

"I've got the front. Got it," Evie affirmed with a nod. Without wasting any time, she pressed forward with weapon drawn and arrow loaded. The shopping precinct was quite eerie in its own way. The sense of how bustling it must of once been compared to how it was now was quite a stark contrast. Discarded litter adorned the pathways and graffiti decorated the walls. Still, the concept that the place would be bustling with infected seemed less and less likely by the second.

Arriving at the first store, a clothing outlet, Evie poked her head inside the already-ajar door momentarily before looking back to the others. "Get ready," she warned, simply and calmly. Whistling loudly into the building, she took 3 paces backwards and drew back her bowstring, ready to fire at anything that might emerge. Holding steady, she waited.... and waited... and waited. Nothing. "I think we're clear."

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (1):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Otto White
-

Otto was being...Otto, he watched as Evie took point at Dexter's command and Otto began over watch. He had the longest range and was more then willing to bet he was still the best shot in the group, he hopped onto a car roof so he could get a bit of a height advantage to scan the area and made movements to shadow Evie as to cover her as she checked the stores. He popped his next as he sat in a shadow and watched for any threats, his rifle ready.
---
Backpack:
30-06 x 176 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x17 (Five in rifle, 12 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1

Cecilio & Ringo

Interactions: Otto @Dakota K5 , Evie @VengefulPeanut , Dex
Cecilio saw Otto head up to catch up with the others and he went to retrieve the rifle and pistol himself which didn't take too long. He soon ran after the others taking up the rear and keeping a look out for anyone else though he felt that Otto had taken care of anyone that was following them at this point. He kept his weapons holstered and looked around as he followed the others to the clothing outlet. He was anxious to see if the outdoors store was still around but he knew wandering off or splitting was how one ended up dead. "So we going to get what we need? I kinda want to check out the place to see if the outdoors store is till intact." Ringo silently followed sniffing about and seeming to not find much of interest just keeping close to the group tailing Cecilio rather closely.

Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins