Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJ

Original poster
[BCOLOR=#000000]
111_by_ravensgrrl-daro1am.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/r-mission-z-interest-ooc.152956/]OOC[/btn][btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/r-mission-z-character-signups.152978/]SIGNUPS[/btn] [btn=moda|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/r-mission-z-ic.152983/]IC [/btn][/BCOLOR]

DISCORD LINK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not post here until your character has been approved by a GM! If you need to get in contact with a GM please PM @JJ, @Dakota K5 or @VengefulPeanut!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Interactions: None

Dexter sat with his back to the wall, listening to the pounding of the rain as it slammed against the walls of the Shreveport, LA Sci-Port. It had been months since the deaths of his sister and father. Since his entire world had come crashing down around him. And it had taken him months to walk from West Texas to where he was now. Shreveport. Holed up in the long-abandoned science museum and watching the crackling of a trash-fueled fire send shadows dancing across the night-blackened walls of the Sci-Port's dining room. Dexter, and the other few survivors he'd met up with since the end of the world, had barely made it here before the storm hit. By all definitions and purposes, it was as good a place as any. They'd scrounged up food. They had a roof over their heads. And most importantly they hadn't seen a single other person - minus the dead guy in the walk in freezer - since they got here. It was as safe as they could be, given the circumstances. But still, he'd thought his home was safe too. The fences and locks had kept them away from outside threats. But not the inside ones.

Pulling a crumpled sheet of paper from his jacket pocket, Dexter smoothed it across his knee. The months had weathered the ink on the page to the point where the words were nearly unreadable, but he didn't need to read them. He had long since memorized the words. Every curve of every letter, and all that remained of the family he had once striven so hard to protect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 4
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Glock G29 (15 loaded + 35 boxed)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (13 pills)
Food: none
Water: none

Reactions: Blythe
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter

Having just returned from exploring one of the other wings of the building, Evie entered amber-washed room with a sigh of relief. She slung her backpack to the ground, the rest of her form soon following as she rested against an overturned table. In her short time in the Sci-Port, she had managed to partition a small corner of the room to be her own little space. It was little more than a glorified table-fort with a few fire-safety blankets draped around it for privacy. Still, sitting by the fire at this point seemed as if it would be more comforting.

Just like the dining room, the other parts of the museum she had explored were barren - devoid of life. It was eerie, in a way. When scavenging buildings full of infected, the adrenaline kicks in and the terror keeps you focused. However, for Evie, the silence in the place was scarier than anything else. It was one of those rare moments that the true fate of the world was revealed, what would remain after the infected and the remaining humans died out.

Casting her eyes to Dexter, she offered him a small smile as he seemed lost in sullen thoughts. "What you reading there?" she asked, her tone sunny to try and coax a smile from the man. She had only met him several days prior, him and the other member of their little trio, Otto, when she stumbled across them on the road. It had been lonely travelling up until that point and after getting over initial conflict, fear and embarrassing tears, she was starting to become used to being with people again - it was nice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

• Love
Reactions: JJ and Blythe
Otto Williams
Interaction: None

-
He sat looking out a window into the storm, his rifle sat by his side as he watched for anything or anyone that might be coming towards the entrance of the sci-port. He was the lookout for the group or at least he was until one of the other two either Evie or Dexter got a rifle as well, he looked back as Evie asked what Dexter had been reading. Otto wouldn't say he wasn't curious as well but the way Dexter looked at the paper told Otto that it held some value to the man, the memories that flashed past Dexter's eyes were enough to confirm this for Otto.
-
He got up from his position, the storm was to strong for any people to be moving about and any infected were probably hunkering down to avoid damage from the winds. He sat by the fire where the other two were, he took out a small cleaning kit before taking the bolt out of his rifle and proceeded to start cleaning it.
---------

Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden chair leg x1​

• Love

Interactions: Asking Otto a Question

The storm matched his mood and that mood reflected in his posture, but not in his expression. He was still trying to size up the party he found himself accompanying. What drove them, what motivated them. Tyrese, personally, had one thing pushing him along and that was a promise he and his wife had made back when he was a body guard. Gaze moving to Otto as the man left the lookout post, he at least appreciated the man as practical as he set about cleaning his weapon. It was kind of nice, sometimes, because despite the tragedies that the apocalypse had wrought, at least most of the people left seemed sensible.

Taking a seat next to Otto (not right next to the man, but nearer him then the bubbly girl and introspective guy. "How much experience do you have with your weapon?" He inquired, his deep voice holding no malice but not entirely friendly either. He spoke as if he was due the knowledge. Then again, past experience had shown him being in a group was smart, only if you didn't pick up every lonely person along the way. So he wanted to know if this lot were a group of bleeding hearts, or if they were someone he could actually plan to help protect in the future. And the first step to that was finding out how adept they were in their weapons of choice.

---
Backpack:
Ziplock bag of ammo and small metal loader (22 bullets)
Bundle of rope (approx. 30 ft long)
Teddy Bear (belonged to his youngest son)
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Machete with a sheath that connects to his belt on his left hip
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)

Food: 2 bags of Beef Jerky (he's been rationing it very carefully)

Water: Plastic Sports Waterbottle (half full)

• Love
Reactions: JJ
Otto Williams
Interaction: Tyrese
-

Otto looked over his rifle and the large African American man, he had a strength about him. Otto had noticed that right off the bat when he had joined the group. "I can hit a man sized target at 500 yards with the iron sights, if I found a mount for a scope that range would be extended. I've had this rifle since I was sixteen so I know it rather well." He spoke as he pushed the cleaning brush down the barrel a few times along with a spritz of oil. "I assume you are capable with your weapon as well? You don't strike me as someone who would carry a weapon without knowing how to use and maintain it." Otto spoke as he reassembled the bolt of his rifle and slid it back into the chamber, he then racked the bolt a few times to make sure everything was in working order before loading the five rounds back into the rifle then chambering one before flipping the flag safety on. He grabbed a few cans of the food found by Dexter and Evie, some canned meat, fruit and vegetables he popped the top on them setting the cans in front of himself and Tyrese. He grabbed a spork that had been found sitting in the back of the kitchen area, he had grabbed enough for ever member of the group. He handed one to Tyrese and gestured to the cans he had opened, a invitation to share the meal with him. "I haven't eaten in a bit and I would rather do it now then wait and something keep us all from being able to eat at all. I would suggest we all eat." He spoke, the last bit meant as a general statement to all the group members rather then just one of them.

Interactions: @VengefulPeanut @Dakota K5
Mentions: @RubyRose

Eyes flicked upwards to Evie as she stood over him. "Nothing important." He replied quietly, moving to the side to make room in case she wanted to sit. They had been here a few days already, and truth be told, he was starting to get a little claustrophobic. Being stationary was bad, it made him anxious. Sure, they were safe from the Infected for now, but in this new world, the Infected were not the number one enemy. They could be outran, or outsmarted. Four walls was enough to keep you safe from all but the largest of groups.

No, the Infected were not the enemy. Other humans were the enemy. He still was at a loss for why he'd decided to travel with these people. It went against everything he had taught himself. You travel light, you never stop moving, and you don't trust people. That was how you survived. His first instinct upon meeting Otto was to turn and go the other direction. But their shared military background had coaxed him into staying for a conversation. It was supposed to be just one conversation.

But here he was.

Dexter folded up the note and tucked it back into the pocket of his jacket, dropping a hand onto Hero's head. The dog's tail slapped the wall without him lifting his head or even opening his eyes. Lazy beast. But when Otto popped the lid on the first can, the dog was instantly awake, almond eyes fixed intensely on the grizzled man's hands, and seconds later was at Otto's feet. "That's what it takes to get you up, huh?" Dexter said, a little guiltily. They hadn't exactly been in a position to scavenge for dog food, so Hero had gone just as hungry as they had. He moved over to the fire, taking a paper plate from a pile near the fire. They had been serving as kindling until now.

He took his share of the food and sat back down in his spot before the linoleum got a chance to grow cold again. Having forgotten to grab a spork, he just ate with his fingers, sharing most of the shredded chicken on his plate with Hero when the dog returned to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter

Seeing that Dex seemed to evade the question without changing his mood, Evie furrowed her brow while he wasn't looking, shuffling so she was sat next to him. "You sure? You've got one of those deep, thoughtful looks about you," she said, offering an overly-sweet smile. She wasn't too sure why she was so bothered with trying to cheer him up. Maybe she was just tired of misery. She'd always liked it when everyone was smiling. Even when everything seemed at its bleakest, as long as she was around people who were smiling she never felt sad or scared or concerned. Quite the group she'd found herself in, in that regard.

She watched as Dexter sorted out food for himself and Hero. "You know, you never did tell me where you were from and how you got here," Evie spoke, once more. "I gave you my whole sob story about being the lonely Brit abroad and you, sir, dodged my question." She smirked, though her eyes showed how awkward she was feeling. Not only was she the only British person there, not only was she the only one who seemed to have a penchant for smiling, she was the only girl. In the apocalypse, being holed up in a building with 3 strong men with little more than a few towels for privacy wasn't an ideal and safe scenario. In truth, she just wanted to get to know them all better so she could feel a little more safe.
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

• Love

Interactions: Otto (@Dakota K5 ), Dexter ( @JJ), Evie (@VengefulPeanut )

The way Otto cared for his weapon, Tyrese had assumed as much. Having an accuracy at 500 yards was certainly nothing to scoff at; it was better then what Tyrese could do but then his gun was better suited short range. On top of that, Tyrese had never needed to learn a long range weapon and there are some differences in the way a long range and a short range gun are shot. At any rate, it was good to have Otto as part of the group. He wasn't entirely sure how skilled the girl was with anything but that bow, and the other man was still a question though it wasn't a stretch to assume he had some skill. He had kept the dog alive this long, and himself, so he must have known some tricks.

"Quite capable." Tyrese agreed. "I know my way around most pistols, and can name the pros and cons of several makes and models." He said, not to boast but to show that he also brought skills to the table. "Like you, I've been around guns since a young age. Though I have not held onto one specific gun as you have. Sentimental value or that good of a weapon?" He inquired, taking in the make and model of the shotgun in case it were a trustworthy brand to hunt for later on. He was surprised by the offer of food but accepted it gratefully, like Dexter grabbing a paper plate and accepting what he believed to be roughly 1/5th of the amount. Despite his uncertainty of the dog, it was a part of this group and if it hadn't been for Dexter and Evie he wouldn't currently have access to the food.

"I agree with the move of eating now, and I thank you for sharing with me. I'm aware that you aren't required to do so." Tyrese pointed out, tone holding a mild warmth thanks to his gratitude. Noticing that Dexter's dog had joined them, eyes full of interest and longing, he let out a low rumble of a laugh. "I don't blame him. Food would also be a strong motivating factor for me." Ty glanced to Evie when she pressed Dexter for information but said nothing. It was not his place to assist nor stop her. If it took Dexter being more blunt about not wanting to speak, so be it. Perhaps she would catch on and perhaps she would get her way in answer. At any rate, despite his uncertainty about the three in his company and the dog, Tyrese had to admit it was nice to be around people once more. Being alone made for too much quiet.
---
Backpack:
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)

• Love
Otto Williams
interaction: Tyrese and Evie
-

"Both you could say." He spoke to Tyrese. "My granduncle served in the second world war, he was a marine. This rifle was his he brought it back from the war and because he had no kids of his own he gave it to my father who gave it to me when I turned sixteen. In all the years I had it excluding my time in the army it has never failed me." He finished as he took a bite of his food, it didn't take Otto long to get his fill. He knew how much he needed and how long it would last him. "Maybe when this storm lifts I'll head back out of town and see if I can bag us a dear, it'll do us some good to get some fresh meat. I also think I saw some wild vegetables of some sort growing out there but I didn't have time to stop and look." He spoke so all of them could hear him, he turned to Evie when he heard her speaking to Dexter about where he was from. "He's from Texas Evie, told me he walked here." Otto knew Dexter had left some bad memories back in Texas, when he had first told Otto where he was from his voice had taken on a large sadness and Otto felt for the man he had his own sorrow he held onto but what ever Dexter's sorrow was it was recent and he seemed to be coming to grips over it. Otto would distract Evie from questioning Dexter at least until the man was more talkative. "What about you Evie? Where are you from? Of course the UK but Where in the UK?" Otto asked to pull Evie's attention from Dexter.
----
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden chair leg x1

• Love
Interactions: @VengefulPeanut @Dakota K5
Mentions: @RubyRose

He offered Evie a pained smile, and a nonchalant shrug of the shoulders. "I didn't evade your question." He said quietly. "We just got distracted by more important things." He gestured a hand at the cans of food sitting next to the fire. Considering that before then, he couldn't remember the last time he had a decent meal, it was quite the important discovery. But before he could say any more, Otto came to his rescue, questioning Evie herself before she could demand any more of him.

He did feel a bit sorry for her, though, as it was quite obvious what Otto was trying to do. Had he been left to reply, he would have. Though what was he supposed to say? He couldn't very well come right out and say, Hey guys, I know you just met me and all but it just so happens that I hold the key to fixing this whole mess. Right there. Right inside the dog.

Best case scenario, they'd think he was delusional. After all, it wasn't too far fetched to think that someone could lose their mind at the end of the world. Worst case scenario... well. He didn't want to think about that. Not when he was coming to actually like these people. Even if he wouldn't admit it. Besides, even he wasn't sure that his father had truly been successful.

"I have family in DC." Was all he finally said. "I need to get there."

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Otto, Tyrese

"I didn't evade your question. We just got distracted by more important things," Dexter replied, once more with a misdirection. Evie's shoulders hunched slightly before slumping back down, her lips scrunching up as she thought of ways to try and get the man to cheer up.

"True. I can't deny that food is pretty important, bu-" she moved to reply, cutting herself off as Otto spoke.

"He's from Texas Evie, told me he walked here," the man intercepted. Why would he...? It was at that point that the tone of the conversation was clear. Oh, the irony of a Brit not understanding subtext, she thought to herself. "What about you Evie? Where are you from? Of course the UK but Where in the UK?" Otto asked further.

"Harrogate," she answered almost instantaneously. "It's in Northern England." She gave Otto a smile, a silent thank you for pulling her out of possibly stepping into a social bear trap as she forayed forward to acquire some food of her own. She took a smaller serving than the others, figuring they'd need the food more than she did. Once her 'meal' was onto the plate, she shuffled back to her previous spot.

"I have family in DC. I need to get there," Dex finally spoke, causing Evie to hum in curiosity as she looked to him, her mouth full of food. There was a moment's silence as she chewed away, finally swallowing with a small grimace on her face.

"DC? Never been to Washington..." she responded. "Then again, never been to the US before all of this mess." A part of her wanted to take a verbal swing. She'd assumed that the letter must have been from a loved one, especially given Otto's rush to the change-the-subject rescue. But if he still had family in DC that couldn't be so bad, right? Even if they were dead he still had hope that he might see them again. They all did. Yet she was the one trying to be bubbly and happy. A small pang of resentment soured in her mouth; she was never going to see her family again. No way, no how. Don't be a bitch, Evie. Everyone's lost someone. Stop being a bitch, she lectured herself internally. In truth, she understood in a way. Still, there wasn't a day went by that she didn't wish she was stranded in the UK and not on foreign soil. Her eyes turned to Tyrese, a wide smile sitting on her lips. "What about you, big guy? Where are you from?" she asked. "Ooh, this is like circle time back in primary school!" she giggled as a moments afterthought before listening attentively to the man.

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: Otto (@Dakota K5 ), Evie (@VengefulPeanut )

Mentions: Dexter ( @JJ)

Tyrese nodded. Nothing wrong with a little attachment to a good weapon. He had the 9mm he currently carried for a couple of years now and he didn't plan on giving it up yet. It was also good to know that there was a reliable gun and gunman around; one who also apparently knew hot to hunt. "I'll back you up, if you'd like. I'm not a hunter, but I'm a hell of a shot when it comes to those things out there." As for the vegetables... well, Tyrese could probably name several different drug plants but when it came to vegetables he didn't have a clue. He was mildly amused when Otto fought part of Dexter's battle for him, but refrained from comment. He instead finished eating and tossed his plate into the fire.

Quite the long walk. Tyrese thought before reasoning Evie might have had a vehicle, or some other means of travel to make it this far. That she had survived this far was a credit to her skills, at any rate. And Dexter's from Texas. Been down there once or twice. Didn't like the heat. Tyrese mused though he said nothing, preferring not to cut into the conversation. He was perfectly fine listening; you could learn a lot from just listening to people. Like that Dexter had hope that his family was still alive and that they would have stayed in DC to be found; not entirely intelligent but it was good for someone to have hope in a world like this. Tyrese just hoped that Dexter's family had been luckier then his own in this.

"By big man I assume you mean me." He said, a small curve to his lips showing his amusement. "Here." Tyrese responded to the curious girl with a wide sweep of his arms. "Born and raised in this state. Haven't found any reason to leave since the disease hit, so I haven't yet. Just wandered from town to town. Not much has changed here since I was a child. People out to kill you everywhere you turn without much cause." He said with a bit of a dark chuckle, the sound coming from deep in his chest. "What caused you to travel so far? Always been a wanderer?" He asked back at Evie.
---
Backpack:

On Person:

• Love
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Otto, Tyrese

Evie nodded as she swallowed the last bit of her food, mimicking the actions of Tyrese as she tossed her plate into the fire. "I didn't exactly travel very far - well, not as far as you're thinking," she answered, her whole form relaxing as a feeling of tiredness and fatigue gripped her. "I was in Atlanta for an archery tournament - hence the bow." Her usually sunny demeanour seemed to diminish, her eyes fixating on the fire. "Me and the... my team, we were technically refugees. Got sent to a military-run refugee camp near Columbus... staying there wasn't - err - feasible in the long term. Had to leave, we headed West to Montgomery, only other big city we knew the way to... thought we might get rescued. Eventually, it was just me and I've been wandering slowly down the I 20 ever since!" The last part of her story had a chirpy tone, as if it were some sort of fairy tale she had just told. However, the way her smile fell off after saying it was telling enough of how it had been anything but a pleasant tale on how she'd gotten to Shreveport.

"You know what's a funny town name?" she prosed, forcing a smile once more. "Shreveport. And I thought Wetwang, in England, was a silly name." She yawned audibly, stretching her arms out wide before raising to her feet. "Anyway, I'm knackered. Gonna go get my head down. G'night all!" she called back, already well on her way to her 'table-fort' styled bedroom. Pulling out her blanket, she snuggled herself up, placing her knife gently beneath her backpack upon which she laid her head - couldn't be too careful.
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

• Love
bB6Xzk.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Tyrese, Otto

It had been little over an hour since Tommy had found his mother swinging from a jump wire at the gas station just across the street from where she abandoned him. He'd cried and screamed, clutching his stuffed T-Rex close to his chest as he wailed into the night air. The storm had rolled in quickly and the fur on the hood of his duffel coat was rapidly sticking to his forehead. He didn't know what to do. There was nothing he could think to do. He was lost and alone.

The cold was biting at his tear stained face and he wrapped his arms around himself as he ran towards the brightest light he could see. A faint glow in the distance that flickered and danced in the darkness. "Mommy... Mommy..." He cried, calling out as he moved through the worsening storm. "... Mommy!"

The young child reached a set of doors, noticing the fire inside and the shadows of people around it. He slammed his fist against the door, trying to pull it open and screaming at the top of his lungs. "Mommy!"

Outfit:
[spoili]
689a39cdb382e4650a9188c2d43191e2.jpg
4tIQBA.jpg

[/spoili]

Last edited:
Interactions: @Dakota K5
Mentions: @RubyRose @VengefulPeanut

Watching Evie move away from them, and waiting until she was out of earshot, Dexter let Hero clean the rest of his paper plate before balling it up and tossing it into the fire. A moment of silence enveloped the trio now, until he cleared his throat and finally spoke. "Thanks for that." He said to Otto, nodding his head towards Evie's makeshift blanket fort. "Just some things not worth talking about, you know?" His normal reaction would have been to tell her off. But the mood around the fire was already tense. Why wouldn't it be? They were four strangers, holed up in an abandoned museum with barely any supplies and nowhere to go from here.

Except for DC. That niggling voice in the back of his mind told him. Dexter sighed. There was nothing in DC. His father was crazy. No one makes a cure for the end of the world and then goes and kills themselves, right?

"But if we're doing circle time," he added hastily, trying to break the awkward silence. "What about you, Otto? You seemed to be doing fairly well for yourself out in the woods. Why come back?" He had to say, he was rather fond of the man. Aside from being the first person he met that didn't try to rob him or kill him, Otto seemed to be just as quiet a person as Dexter. Didn't press him into conversation. Evie had a habit of trying to fill a space with words. It was an annoying habit, but he didn't hold it against her. Everyone coped in their own way, and he had to imagine it was harder on her, somehow, because she was in a strange country, and had no idea if any of her own family had made it past the initial outbreak. As far as Tyrese, well, Dexter didn't know about him. He was the most recent addition to their merry band of misfits, and quite frankly was rather intimidating.

"If, of course, that's something you don't mind talking about, Otto."

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

Otto Williams
Interaction: Dexter, Tyrese, Evie and Tommy Maine
-

"More then you know Dexter, more then you know." Otto spoke as he poked at the fire, a ghost passing over his eyes. His eyes leveled onto Dexter when he asked him about why he left the forest. "I'm a rambler Dexter, my feet don't want to stay still for to long part of the reason I got involved with the army." Otto's eyes returned to the fire. "We're both military men but you were content on a base, I couldn't stand that so I had to be doing something or another. Same reason I left my life as a hermit, my time there was done and it was time to move on less I become restless. Though when I walked out of the woods I didn't expect to find that pestilence had visited us." He finished as he brought his knee up to his chin to rest it there, his plate tossed into the fire awhile ago.
-
He listened to the rain pour upon the building they were in, it reminded him of times training, waiting in the dark, hiding from the brown hats hunting them through the dark. As he listened another sound made it's way to his ears, it sounded like...a child. Otto's head popped up like a shot. "Dexter, Tyrese listen to that." He told them as they both quieted. "I think I hear someone yelling from outside." Otto stood up with rifle in hand. "Dexter come with me, Tyrese cover us." Otto had gone into command mode though the leader of the group would probably be Dexter if they encountered any others, he and Dexter stalked across the room like silent wraiths. "Seems the life still haven't given up on you Dexter." Otto thought as he noticed how Dexter's footsteps were silent. Otto stacked up near the door, he could hear the pounding on the door and a weak voice called for their mom so Otto took the key to the lock for the door. He unlocked it and let it fly open at which a small child fell in, he looked wet from the rain but otherwise uninjured as the kid fell in Otto one armed his rifle checking the outside for anything that might of followed the kid but the storm was to loud for anything to have heard the kid's yells. He shut and locked the door. "Dexter get the kid to the fire, he seems to be in shock." Otto's voice had taken on a form of quiet urgency, the kid was trying to move around but didn't seem to know where he was. "Tyrese keep post here for a second, tell us if you hear anything else come to the door." He spoke as he walked by Dexter tying to see if the kid had any bite marks or other such wounds, satisfied that the kid had none he looked to where Evie had made her little fort. "Evie I need one of those blankets." The kid's temperature was low as his skin felt like ice.
----
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden chair leg x1

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Otto, Tyrese, Tommy

It hadn't taken long at all for Evie to fall asleep. Despite her unconfessed discomfort with the group and the lingering feeling of terror she felt with her predicament, she hadn't had somewhere 'safe' from the infected to sleep for a long time. It felt nice, not opening your eyes at every single noise to see if you were about to become the meal of some sick, shambling lost soul. She had assumed something of a fetal position in her blanket, snuggled up as cosy as one could be on the hard floor.

"Evie, I need one of those blankets," Otto's voice called out, snapping her from her sleep. She shot up, knife ripped from beneath her backpack and thrust upwards as if to skewer any intruders that may have sought her harm. Yet, there was no-one there. Just odd noises beyond the tables.

"Can't you find one of your own?" she groaned, rubbing her eyes. Clambering out of her fortress of solitude, the situation, while bizarre and random, became clear. Though, her reaction wasn't what one might have expected. The girl went as pale as death, seeing the child, her bottom lip shaking as she dropped the knife to the ground in terror. "Did you close the door behind you?" she demanded to know, her tone low and angry. "Tell me you closed the bloody door behind you!"

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: Evie (@VengefulPeanut )

Mentions: Dexter ( @JJ), Otto (@Dakota K5 ), Tommy (@Angel_Cake)

That she was supposedly in an archery tournament explained that Evie would have some true skill with her bow, which Tyrese was glad for. It seemed like they had a strong team or at least a team that all knew what they were doing. One thing truly caught Tyrese's interest, though; why staying in the military run refugee camp wasn't possible being a long term thing. Was it overrun or were they doing something wrong? He wondered, but said nothing, not wanting to interrupt the girl. What is up with this girls chirpy attitude? You'd think all the bubbly people would have gotten eaten by now. Tyrese thought to himself, amused though he wondered if the strain he saw around her eyes was there or if he was imagining it.

Further discussion continued, surprisingly, even after Evie left. Tyrese continued to remain quiet, listening to Otto's story with interest and wondering what details of Dexter's story made him so unwilling to share them himself. The pleasant companionship around the fire ended when Otto drew attention to a noise at the door. Tyrese was on his feet, gun in hand, slower then he liked to admit. He nodded once to Otto, and shadowed the two men, keeping his distance and looking around for any other entrances into the room that might allow unwelcome visitors in.

When the door opened and a child came tumbling in, the first thing Tyrese found himself doing was praying the child wasn't sick. God, if you are up there anymore, I'm going to come up there and kick your stupid ass if you make me shoot another kid. I have had quite enough of your shitty plans on my life. Please don't make me kill another kid.

Following Otto's orders, Tyrese moved to the door, making sure it was shut tight before listening as was requested. Working as a Bouncer and a Body Guard, there was a lot more intuition involved then taking orders but if Otto truly was a military man... well, his orders held a little more weight. Besides, Tyrese saw the logic in it. "Calm down, Princess. The door is closed." Tyrese couldn't help but shout at Evie as she first fought about blankets and then worried about the door.
---
Backpack:

On Person:

bB6Xzk.jpg

Interactions: Everyone

The rain had been pushing him down the whole time he'd been running. Tommy could feel the weight on his head and by the time he reached the doors, he was exhausted and confused. With a final cry, he went to slam on the door again, only to have it swing open and his entire weight dropped so that he fell inside. The warmth was strange and peculiar, something he hadn't felt in weeks. It was enough to make him cry out again.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

There were people around him and he could barely lift his head to look around but the deep voice of a male caused him to scramble to his feet. Despite noticing a younger gentleman coming towards him, Tommy bolted out of his reach. Instead, he followed the call of a female, barreling towards her blindly before tripping at her feet. But something was off. The accent was different. The smell was different. This wasn't his mommy. His tears were unrecognizable from the droplets of rain that rolled down his cold cheeks but once more his skin was soaked through.

With wide eyes and fear the only emotion present, Tommy looked up at the ginger haired female and stared. His mind was racing, trying to piece together everything that had happened in the last hour but all he could think about was his missing mother. After seeing her hanging corpse, he still didn't understand. He didn't understand that she wouldn't be coming back for him, she wasn't lost, she was gone.

"Where... Help me, I don't... I can't find my mommy..." He begged, dropping his toy and throwing his arms around Evie's legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.