[R] Mission: Z [IC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Location: Sci-Port Museum, Shreveport LA - Closer to the fire with Tommy
Interactions: Tommy (@Angel_Cake), Toby & Bobbie (@MaryGold )
Mentioned: Dexter (@JJ), Evie (@VengefulPeanut ),

Shaking his head at the information that Evie had taken off with Toby -or was it Bobbie's?- weapon he wondered if Evie had purposely taken it or not. She never really took me as the sort to be a thief, and her decision to run out seemed pretty impulsive. He shook his head when when Toby... or Bobbie... the one with the feminine voice! asked whether they were going to go after Evie, though he didn't answer because her gaze made it clear the question was not directed at him. At the question of food, however, Tyrese gave the second of the siblings a careful look but offered a couple of the already opened cans. "Enjoy. I believe it was Dexter and the girl that just ran off who gathered these. There are paper plates over there," he gestured with his thumb towards the fire, "but I have a feeling you won't really need them." He mainly meant it as there's not really enough to warrant needing a plate.

Attention pulled to Tommy as the boy clung to his leg, he rested a hand on the boy's shoulders. He was still soaking wet but there wasn't much Tyrese felt he could do without scaring the kid. He sat up a little straighter, taking on a cross legged position. Very, very carefully Tyrese pulled Tommy into his lap and met the boy's gaze. "She left because she was afraid of being hurt." He said slowly, his deep voice rather kind. Of course Tyrese wasn't completely sure about Evie's reasons for freaking out, it seemed like a plausible reason and easy enough to explain to a kid. He could feel the water from Tommy's clothes seep into his own but Tyrese didn't mind. "There's no reason for you to be afraid right now. Adults can just be a little loud, and silly when they're over excited." He continued. "Also, our friend Dexter," Tyrese gestured towards Dexter, "had an accident and he's hurt which is making him bleed a bit. He should be alright, though. He's a tough guy." Tyrese said, glancing towards Dexter a moment before looking back to Tommy. "Tommy, are you hungry?"
---
Backpack:
Ziplock bag of ammo and small metal loader (22 bullets)
Bundle of rope (approx. 30 ft long)
Teddy Bear (belonged to his youngest son)
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Machete with a sheath that connects to his belt on his left hip
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)

Food: 2 bags of Beef Jerky (he's been rationing it very carefully)

Water: Plastic Sports Waterbottle (half full)

Name
Sgt. Marcus Pearce

Notable Interactions/Mentions
@Dakota K5 (Otto) @VengefulPeanut (Evie) @JJ (Dexter) @RubyRose (Tyrese)

As Otto rounded the corner, Marcus was there and waiting, he didn't trust letting his guard down just yet, despite there being a kid here. His eyes focused on the man speaking to him in particular, glancing at the wounded individual being carried bridal style. His brow raised just tad as Otto just kept talking to him, as if the possibility of him being a threat was no big deal. Sure, he wasn't going to fire unless he was sure, and he wasn't going to drop his weapon unless he was given a good enough reason not to. Of course Marcus didn't want to start a firefight in front of a child, a boy that age getting hit by a stray round would cause a number issues.

His confusion furthered just a bit, what was up with man? Talking as if he had infinite wisdom, aside from him not having a mag loaded to give the impression of his weapon being in the green status which was far from true. His weapon had been in fact on red status, but it wasn't like anyone else knew that aside from him. What really threw him off was the fact that he wasn't responding to this situation like a normal human being, had he really been hostile, he'd have shot him now just for being so bold, or stupid as to say he just didn't care. "Excuse me?" He spoke in question, what even gave him the idea to even assume that Marcus was a soldier, he wasn't with any of the other units in his squadron, or even his old battalion, so who exactly was he? Other soldiers were generally good at spotting one another from a gang of civilians, so that only could have meant he was a soldier.

"I'm pointing a weapon at you....and you want my name?" He asked, hoping him saying it out loud would make Otto realize how ridiculous his behavior was, because...it was. But he figured he could at least give his name, that was the least he could do in this situation anyway. "The name's Marcus Pearce..." He stated blankly, not only answering Otto's question but a screaming Evie's just as well. His eyes fixed on her as she pretty much ordered him to drop his weapon. He went ahead and took his hands off of the weapon, letting his sling hold the weapon up. Now by this point he didn't have a weapon trained on them but he didn't plan on leaving at all, he could hear the fear in Evie's voice, making someone afraid was not his intention.

"I....-what in the fuck is happening here?" He mumbled quietly as Evie started freaking out, the only people who seemed to be behaving rationally were Tyrese really. He looked around a bit as he focused on each individual for moment, then watching Evie just go. "Er....sorry for the trouble I guess, I was only trying to get out of the rain and maybe help some people out." He explained in an honest tone, speaking to everyone really and not just one person in particular.

Weapons
Silenced/A LVOA-C Rifle
M9 Beretta w/dropleg holster on his left side
Kukri sheathed at his right ankle
7x 30 round magazines of 5.56 NATO (one round chambered with no magazine)
2x 15 round magazines 9mm (1 in the weapon already)

Equipment
Rucksack
Climber's axe
6x MREs(one in the process of being rationed)
2x canteens and one camelback (full of rainwater)
Well protected cigarettes 4 packs(1 in use)
5x lighters
Flashlight
A pocket full of dog tags
Modular chest rig holding his mags

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JJ and Blythe
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: N/A

Folding up the shutter door, Evie headed out into the pouring down rain without a moment's hesitation. She wanted to be somewhere, anywhere, other than in that place with those people. Idiots, she cursed to herself. Why would they be so trusting of others? It made no sense! Dexter was a moment away from bleeding to death and a third stranger appears and suddenly they should share their food with him!? No way.

Vaulting the fence out the back, she sprinted across the car-littered road as the rain rushed down the surface like a river. It wouldn't surprise her if the downpour caused a flooding, caused the actual river that ran by the Sci-port to burst its banks. Whether it was the repetitive lashing of the rain masking all noise and scent or whether the infected actually cared about getting wet, the streets seemed clear. No infected in sight. No humans in sight.

With thick locks of ginger hair clinging, soaked, to her face, she continued running, though now at a light jog before she came across a familiar brand. 'Best Western'. It was a hotel franchise she had stayed in before, back in the UK – multiple times, even – with the archery team. Masked tears of melancholy nostalgia welled in her eyes, indiscernible from the rain which ran down her face like a waterfall. They were nice memories.

She didn't know why the familiarity compelled her forward. Ideally, she wanted to be as far away from the Sci-port as she could. Despite the leather jacket which she wore, she was still shivering, slowly freezing to the bone in the torrential storm. There wasn't much choice, either way. Moving over to the building, she holstered the pistol in one of the pouches of her bag. Gunshots wouldn't be good for her. Grappling with the door, she struggled to pry the entrance open, the culprit for the impediment seeming to be a bar that had been placed on the inside.

"Fuck," she swore. She had been swearing a lot lately, an uncharacteristic occurrence. Taking a couple of steps back, she analysed the building. "Back entrance," she hummed, deciding on that course of action. Circling the structure, she headed round to where the bins were kept, trying the door that resided on the backside of the building. Success. Drawing her bow from her back, she loaded an arrow ready to be fired. "Helloooooo!" she hollered into the corridor, holding firm and listening. The task wasn't helped by the lashing of the rain against the metallic dumpsters but it wasn't long before a bang came from within the building.

Emerging from one of the side rooms, an emaciated-looking infected male twitched and stumbled down the corridor. Its face was sunken and mottled, its eyes blood-shot and red. The clothes it wore suggested it had been some sort of utility worker but the overalls had been torn to shreds since the person had become infected. "Sorry about this," Evie sighed, letting loose the arrow straight for the creature's heart. Bullseye. It never failed to amaze her, the stopping power of an arrow. The left side of the creature's torso bolted backwards, causing it to spin slightly before crashing to the floor.

Evie held a moment longer. Past experience had told her to never expect just the one. However, this time it seemed fate was being merciful. She pressed on into the building, taking her hunting knife from its holding on the back of her belt and burying it with both hands into the creature's skull. Better safe than sorry. As she did so, it lodged slightly, giving her quite some trouble pulling it back out again. Gristle and brain matter clung to the blade as she withdrew it, a disgusted groan rumbling from Evie's lips. "Eww... ew, ew, ew," she squeaked, cleaning it off against the creature's sleeve. A further groan left Evie's mouth as she rolled over the corpse; with the violent nature of the landing, the arrow had snapped clean in half against the ground – useless. "Bugger."

It only occurred to her at that moment, as she looked down at the once-was man's face, that she was more scared of other people than she was the infected. Facing down the walking-horrors of the apocalypse was terrifying, at first, but something she had adapted to. They were still terrifying, sure. But they were stupid, predictable. All one needed was a valid strategy for keeping themselves safe and alive and, if one wasn't stupid, you could almost guarantee safety. People, however, weren't stupid, people weren't predictable. She knew that first hand, all too well.

"Sorry, Bobbo," she huffed, looking down at the body. "You're called Bobbo, now, by the way. Your name tag is... a bit worse for wear," she made sure to clarify, grabbing it by one of its arms. "Can't have you stinking the place out more than it already does." She grunted and huffed as she struggled to pull the corpse back out towards the door, kicking it out into the rain. "Don't worry. The dogs'll take care of you. And any other infected around here." Turning on her heel, she knocked another arrow before stopping in her tracks, poking her head back out. "Don't suppose you know whether there's any Febreeze left in here, do you?" she asked. "No, of course not, that would be silly."

tumblr_m8tsm2Rn8K1rcoukno1_500.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Bobbie's Gun

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Otto Williams
Interaction: Marcus Pearce, Dexter, Tyrese, Toby and Bobbie
Mentioned: Evie and Tommy
-
He sighed when Evie ran off after Dexter yelled at her before he turned to Marcus. "Ya, today has been rather odd all in all and if it had been any other day I probably would of had a much more...cautious response to you but I am drained right now both physically and mentally but you hold yourself like Dexter and I do, like another solider so I trusted you wouldn't do anything rash like opening fire on a group of people for no reason. Look if you want me to freak out and all that because you had a weapon pointed at me we can do that tomorrow but now ain't really the time and I also must thank you for not shooting Evie, the one who just ran our, when she started to brandish her weapon and all that." He explained to Marcus as he took a deep breath, a sharp lance of pain made it's way through his right temple as the stress of everything that had happened in the last fifth teen minutes struck him at once. Otto threw a weak smile in Tyrese's direction along with a head nod to show his gratitude, Otto wasn't really in a position to handle a child and it appeared that it was a smart decision to leave Tommy with the large man. His attention was then brought to the sister brother duo. "Yes we got food like Tyrese over there said, help yourselves as we got way to much to eat all of it or carry it. The same goes for you Marcus." He spoke to Toby as he then turned his attention to the man's sister. "Yes she took your gun but that is the least of your worries at the moment as their will always be another gun for you to find. And ya I should go look for her." He spoke with a sigh again. "Dexter, imma head out and try and find Evie and bring her back. I guess if I ain't back in like two hours or so assume some infected got me or I got shot don't send anyone else after." Otto really didn't care if Dexter was going to respond to him or not at the moment as he started to pull his clothes tighter against his body for the eventual torrent of rain he would encounter when he left the safety of the building.

-
He opened and shut the same door Evie had used to get out, the torrent and wind smacking him in the face. "Should of cut my hair." He thought as he pushed some of his salt and pepper hair out of his face, he had his work cut out for him. It was raining and a urban area so tracking Evie was gonna be hard if not impossible. "If I was Evie where would I go?" He thought to himself as he began to move, first climbing over the fence surrounding the Sci-Port. He moved about for around twenty or so minutes hoping to get lucky and find something to point him towards Evie's location, it was another ten minutes of wondering in the rain until he saw something that might be a clue as a large Best Western sign stood out among the buildings. "She was trying to sleep before all the bullshit happened." Frankly Otto didn't believe he would find Evie but he wasn't gonna give up on her, he approached the hotel's front entrance and tried to open it but it hardly budged. "Damn thing." He thought before he pulled on it again but this time he slipped the butt stock of his rifle in between the opening door and the wall and used it like a pry bar, he was pushing with all his might but he started to hear the sound of steel and wood groan in protest so he stopped that effort. He looked at his rifle and saw some damage to the stock and he was able to see the bar that had blocked the door. "Well I feel like an idiot." He again thought before he moved around the back to see what he could find.
---------
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (3/4 full)
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden chair leg x1

Reactions: Blythe
Interactions: Otto, Tyrese, Tommy, Bobbie, Toby, Marcus
Mentions: Evie

Although he hadn't been expecting Evie to take his words well, per se, he hadn't exactly expected her to storm off and leave the group, either. As the door slammed behind her with a definite boom, he let a frown play at his lips. He didn't particularly care that she had chosen to leave them - after all, she'd been alone when he and Otto found her, anyway, but the fact that he'd caused her to flee outside in the middle of a storm in the middle of the night... well... that did make him feel a little bad. Scratching at the back of his neck, he glanced around the group of gathered people. This was a death trap waiting to happen. All this chaos and division.

Otto's declaration that he was going after Evie was met with a grunt of acknowledgement, and his eyes followed the man as he left, the frown only widening. And now there were five. Six, if you counted Tommy and Hero as half each. Dexter scritched Hero behind the ears, and the dog's tail thumped against the wall. "Well." He said finally. "If we're all in agreement not to kill each other in the night, I vote we get some sort of round the clock watch going on so the rest of us can get some sleep."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 4
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Glock G29 (13 loaded + 35 boxed)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (13 pills)
Food: none
Water: none

Reactions: Blythe
4nAuzQs.jpg

Location: Room 107, Best Western, Shreveport (Near the Sci-Port)
Interactions: N/A

With Bobbo soundly disposed of outside, unlikely to draw any other predators inside the hotel, Evie pressed on through the corridors. With the raging storm strangling most of the light of the evening, the corridors were lit dim… very dangerous. The whole place bore the stench of rotting wood as the paint peeled from the walls and old wiring hung loosely from the old sockets. The floor groaned with every footstep as Evie slowly edged forward. It didn't take her long before she found the reception, the impeding bar sitting innocently between the doors.

"There you are, you little bugger," she hummed, approaching it to relieve it from its holding. However, before she did so, she halted, withdrawing her hands and re-equipping her bow. If she was looking to hold out here for a time, so close to other people and potential infected, squandering a free barricade would be silly. "Actually, keep up the good work."

She hopped over the counter, perusing the cabinet for a key that was still in its holding. "Come on, come on… where are you?" she muttered to herself in a sing-song tone. "A-ha!" She pulled the key from its hook.

Room 107
"First floor," she mumbled before a resounding crash sounded behind her. In a panic, she hastily loaded an arrow, pointing it towards the origin of the sound, a single infected, outside, bouncing off of the front door. Thankfully, it didn't seem to notice her through the filth-covered glass and the bar had held. Relaxing her hold on the arrow, she sighed relievedly. The creature seemed to go on its way, wandering aimlessly as they did down the road. Odd that that one was wandering on its own in a storm but she gave no further thought to the matter. Better go inspect the room, she decided.

Climbing the stairs, one floor up, Evie's eyes marvelled at the decay of the place. She remembered the hotels of this chain always being well-maintained and quite clean. Seeing it as it was a stark reminder of her situation. She had pondered if it would have felt stranger being in England when the outbreak started; if seeing the streets where she used to play with childhood friends, the school where she studied, the bars where she had passed out, in a state similar to the building in which she now inhabited would have been a more traumatic experience than seeing the same memory-less towns and cities with not an ounce of attachment.

"107," she said as she approached the door. It seemed to be in ample condition, the locking mechanism still worked and the wood of the door hadn't fully rotted through. That should buy her time if an uninvited guest tried to barge their way in. Entering the room, there lay a bare mattress upon a double bed and standard hotel room furnishings. "I could murder a cup of tea," she sighed in dismay seeing the abandoned kettle on the cupboard. "Or a shower," she added, checking the en-suite.

She locked the door to the room behind her, physically exhausted. Clearing the rest of the building would be a task for the next day. For now, she wanted sleep. She rested her bow by the side of the bed, an arrow propped up conveniently beside it and placed her knife beneath one of the pillows she had found hiding within the wardrobe. She laid her blanket across the mattress, a shiver of cold slicing through her body. "Oh, bugger, of course... clothes are wet," she lamented.

"Ooh! Want to know what a good idea is, Evie?" she began to lecture herself as was her newly formed habit since the start of the apocalypse. "Running out into a raging storm in leather and denim!" She peeled off her jacket and jeans, hanging them off some nearby hangars to dry. Hopping into the bed, she snuggled herself up within the blanket, her eyes fixated on the wooden door and hand hooked around the handle of her blade. Despite her knowing that chances of someone managing to break in before she could react were slim, her mind and heart were still racing from the events of the evening. Sleep wouldn't come easily…

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Bobbie's Gun

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: In front of Best Western @VengefulPeanut

b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
57292e687613d85cd4c1778558580de4.png

Cecilio was quiet as he walked down the storming street his suit under his riot gear keeping him dry partially from the buffeting rain though it did nothing to fight the cold but still dry and cold was better than wet and freezing. He looked over to Ringo his Shepherd companion and smirked for what seemed like the 20th time today. The dog looked over to his master rather perplexed and quite dry given his new banana poncho that covered him from head to tail before he returned to sniffing out whatever he could not smelling anything rotten that would set him off. He raised his visor to see more clearly for a moment as his riot gear was a suitable camouflage for the darkness.

Cecilio hit any place that didn't have infected within to try his hand at scavenging for anything at all. His search didn't turn up much more than some tins of fish and some dog food which was a welcome sight to himself given that Ringo was running low on kibble. "Well seems like you've got dinner tonight Ringo." He said in a relieved tone while the Shepherd let out a whine signaling he was in fact hungry. "Alright alright. Lets get our feet dry first then we can eat ok?" Cecilio walked out back into the storm and saw the Best Western Hotel with gave him a momentary relief.

Ringo's ears perked as he heard a command "Ishchi!" Cecilio stated and the Shepherds mind knew it meant search. The Shepherd started walking and with corrections from Cecilio guiding him he soon started to sniff around the Best Western and picked up a scent. A wet human! The dogs mind began to race with excitement and focused on the scent as it followed the trail not waiting to long for Cecilio to catch up. His master was on his tail soon enough and followed him into the building though he let out a bark at the fallen infected alerting Cecilio now might be ample to have his rifle out. Cecilio pulled the gun into his hands where it comfortably sat at the ready his training kicking in.

He watched as Ringo entered the reception Area and sniff around then moved upstairs tracing the scent. Ringo sniffed fervently the scent still fresh and soon he stopped at a door with the room number '107'. The Shepherd began to claw at the door and whine loudly making it clear he wanted into the room. Cecilio wasn't sure if it was a human, infected, or possibly more supplies but regardless he swapped his rifle for his pistol keeping silent but alert as he aimed at the door awaiting to see what would happen and how he'd need to proceed. He let Ringo scratch away at the door and swore in his mind he could hear his heart beat.

--------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
4x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
3x Pistol Magazines (3 loaded)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
1x 7 string acoustic guitar
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota K5
The Next Day
With the memories of the past day and all of its horrors fresh in their minds, conversations were undoubtedly icy. Plotting the best way forward from there was hard with the thought that every one of their steps would be stalked by bloodthirsty, relentless bandits. It was only when the unlikely candidate, Lacey, gave information of a settlement to the North where they would be safe. Everything they would ever need: walls, supplies, food, a place to sleep; it was only a few miles north of the city limits. Still, it still stood that Dexter was minus a top and Evie's clothes were soaked in blood. Evie proposed a visit to the shopping precinct once more to gather some clothing materials for the trip. However, with the impending threat, putting a child in the way of danger for some clothes seemed illogical.

After some debate, it was decided that Lacey, the twins and Tommy would head north immediately with enough supplies for their journey and try and confirm the presence of a settlement and their allegiance. The others would then meet them there when their business in Shreveport was done.

With Otto and the others returning, the excursion team headed out North and the others prepared to move out to the Louisiana Boardwalk, the place promised to offer a wealth of clothing within reachable distance.

• Love
Reactions: JJ
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio, Ringo

Evie had been laid upon the bed, staring up at the peeling ceiling as she pondered on the events that had preceded her arrival at this place. She wondered if Otto, Dexter and Tyrese were still alive. Had they had their throats slit in their sleep by one of the newcomers or was she wrong about all of them? She hadn't had time to deliberate on the matter beforehand as she'd primarily being setting to work exploring the rest of the hotel.

Apart from Bobbo, there had been two other residents of the hotel: one a decaying carcass in one of the upper floors' corridors and the other an infected that had been locked in a room. When Evie came across it, it was starving, useless, devoid of muscle mass and any sort of threatening characteristics. Its jaw gyrated tiredly and slowly, obviously wanting to devour her but with a lack of strength that would barely allow it to pierce flesh. She ended its life with a knife strike through the skull.

Aside from the other residents, she also taken time to spruce the place up. A sign hung beside the door:

Evie's Lair – Leave cookies as tribute or die.
Other than the sign with the astonishingly neat handwriting, she had managed to liberate some water from the boiler and storage, just enough to allow for a stand-up wash once a day. Hygiene felt good. Surrounding her bed was a collection of tins from the kitchen downstairs, her own little cornucopia of food. Considering her parents once jested that she'd struggle to survive living alone at university, the aptitude she had developed for surviving the apocalypse left her feeling quite proud of herself.

Alas, her blissful isolation ended when the silence beside the bird song was interrupted by a scratching at the door. Rats? No, the whining sounded like a dog. Hero, maybe? No, Dexter or Otto probably would have called out to her when they saw the sign. She rolled off the far side of the bed, reaching down to her backpack and withdrew the pistol that she had taken from Bobbie. Using the bed as her stabilizer, she aimed the gun at the door, her finger caressing the trigger. One bit of misinformation and three rounds would penetrate the wood and hopefully whatever intruder was on the other side.

"Let's hope you're here to leave cookies…" she whispered to herself, her heart rate accelerating. "Who's out there?" she called out, saying silent prayers that it was just a wild dog. "I've gotta warn you. I have a gun and plenty of ammo, you try come in here and I will use it." She held a moment, the temptation to fire anyway gripping her whole body. It would be much easier to shoot first and ask questions later. No. That's when she'd have given up on her humanity. The desire she'd felt to kill Bobbie was enough to make her sick to her stomach - she wouldn't repeat that feeling. "I'd definitely prefer if you don't act like a bastard and make me kill you!"

tumblr_m2doquR0Oc1r99f4t.gif

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Bobbie's Gun

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Two days went by in a haze of pain, broken only by intervals of sleep, and the sparse conversations he decided were necessary enough to force upon himself. Otto hadn't returned that night, and nor had Evie. In absence of any other explanation, he had come to the conclusion that they were dead. If Evie was going to return, she'd have done so by now. And Otto had told him to wait two hours. It had been forty-eight. Despite his inner voice telling him that he shouldn't care, that their deaths meant nothing to him, the sullen silence that had become his personality only intensified with every hour that passed with no sign of their return.

It was one such sullen silence that was stretched over the group now. They sat scattered across the dining room, listening to the patter of the rain that had, mercifully, slowed down to little more than a drizzle. If there was any time to quit the shelter of the Sci-Port, it was now. They couldn't stay here much longer. The group had grown from four to eight, and though they were now back down to six, the food stores that Otto predicted would last them days were now nearly depleted. Whatever was left, they could carry.

Dexter swept his eyes over the group. No one here seemed like they were ready to take charge of the situation, least of all himself, but... they had to do something. They could not stay here... he wouldn't stay here, not a moment longer. But he also was in no condition to go off on his own. "We need to leave." Dexter said, leaning forward. "This place isn't safe anymore - we need to move on."

Gingerly touching the bandages with his fingertips, he got to his feet. It was slow going, as this was the first time he'd tried to move around on his own, but eventually he managed to stand, taking a step towards the fire as he shouldered his backpack. "I don't know about all of you, but I'm getting out of here. There's a hospital a few blocks away." He continued. Otto had taken their only known first aid kit, which left him at a disadvantage if he wanted to avoid infection. Anything he could manage to scavenge would be a weight off his shoulders. "If anyone wants to come with me... well..." He gave a halfhearted shrug. It went against everything he believed in to invite these strangers to follow him, but admit it or not, he needed them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Evie @VengefulPeanut

Ringo whined louder as he heard a voice inside and he just seemed to look about trying to find his own way in. The pooch somewhat was too eager to meet new people sometimes for his own good. Cecilio looked to Ringo and the dog immediately stopped and whined softly. "Umm please don't shoot? One i don't think shooting me is smart and two i have a gun as well probably with bigger bullets than yours." He said kneeling and tearing open an MRE to get at the dessert contents.

He slowly pushed them under the gap of the door of course it was just a cookies, some jam spread, and cocoa powder. "I guess that qualifies as tribute? Listen I'll be frank. I'm some guy who's got a trained pup, riot gear, and a good setup. Take that as you may but if i intended any harm or bastard activity i would have either kicked the door open or done something else. I'd invite you to open the door and talk but well considering we got people who can't be trusted I understand your position. Still we can talk through the door i suppose. I'm Cecilio and the pooch is Ringo. We're makin our way from Lafayette, Georgia though we've come from much farther away."

Cecilio was a little reluctant to try and speak with the woman in the room though he felt she wouldn't shoot him without provocation or so he hoped. "I was an Paramedic and i guess paramilitary security before all this broke down. What about you?"He asked the woman hoping his offers would be at least considered an attempt of friendliness. "Back home i have an associates in History and Electronic and a minor in electrical engineering. Well had." He added not sure if his countryside home in Georgia was looted or just being left to nature.

Ringo whined and nudged against his leg and Cecilio smirked and pet him "Ringo say's hello and he'd like to be pet but i have to remind him that we need to get to know strangers first." He said as he knelt down and rubbed the animals head. Ringo let out a low bark and whine but his tail wagged showing he was at least content. Cecilio did keep his pistol in his hand but flicked the safety on seeing no reason to entirely disarm.

Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

Last edited:
4nAuzQs.jpg

"Umm, please don't shoot? One I don't think shooting me is smart and two I have a gun as well... probably with bigger bullets than yours," the man responded. Evie scrunched up her nose in thought. Was he being serious? Bigger bullets?

"All bullets make holes, y'know? And I don't need my bachelors to know involuntary holes on a human are bad," she retorted, expecting an answer before she saw the cookies being slid under the door. Despite the danger of the situation and the all-too-often recurring tension, a snicker of disbelief left her lips. "I don't believe it..." she muttered to herself. "As if he actually brought cookies."

"I'm Cecilio and the pooch is Ringo. We're makin our way from Lafayette, Georgia though we've come from much farther away," he said in introduction after offering to continue the conversation with the door as a barrier. It was a positive gesture and a good sign, at least.

"I'm Evie. Not really sure where I'm making my way from but I'm from Harrogate," she replied, trying to maintain the polite discourse. "The accent's probably a dead give away of which country." The man continued with introducing himself in quite a lengthy fashion and, despite Evie's appreciation for his forthcoming nature, she could only think of one thing. "Are you alone?" she asked.​

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Bobbie's Gun

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

B O B B I E & T O B Y

Mentions: Tyrese @RubyRose Tommy @Angel_Cake Otto @Dakota K5
Interactions: Dex @JJ

Being cooped up in the building for two days wasn't the most ideal for the siblings, but it certainly gave them enough time to rest and regain their full strength. Now, they could worry about other things. Like the infected gathering outside and the fact they didn't have a weapon of their own any longer. If Bobbie ran into that red-head again, she'd make sure to take her gun back. Kicking her ass would be much more satisfying, but it wouldn't help anything at all.

So, they didn't have much to survive on by themselves right now. Traveling with the others to the hospital with them, if they were all going together, seemed like the best idea. Maybe they could gather resources there. She knew that Toby wanted to go by the way his eyes lit up a little.

She stood from her spot on the floor beside her brother and stretch her arms by reaching them toward the ceiling."The hospital a few blocks down?" She mused aloud. There was no way she had seen it through the storm.

"We'll come along." She said after looking to Toby for confirmation.

Her eyes wandered to Tyrese and the child for a short minute. Would they come too? Either way, she was sure the little boy, Tommy, would be safe with the huge guy. and honestly, she would actually like it if Otto came too.

Last edited:
Cecilio & Ringo

Cecilio listened carefully to the responses and smirked a little at her reply, "All bullets make holes, y'know? And I don't need my bachelors to know involuntary holes on a human are bad." He chuckled "Well thats true but lets apply the face I've got armor on my person and .308 tends to blow big holes in walls and people but regardless." He relaxed against the wall and listened to her and in his mind little flags set off as she mentioned Harrogate "Ah North Yorkshire?" He said recalling small tidbits of history from his college years. He knew she was from out of the country by her accent but the mention of the city confirmed it for him.

He tensed a little when she asked him if he was alone due to the fact his mind screamed trap but he relaxed "Yeah it's just me and the dog and well my guitar if you wanna get technical about it." He said. "Well nice to meet you Evie. Anyone sick or injured or did you just hold this place down alone?" He asked her calmly. He looked down the hall again making sure that no infected just chose to wander on in on their little discussion.

He did hear something fall over down the stairs though he wasn't sure if it was the building losing a piece of itself or if infected were in the reception area. "I'm not sure but it's sounding like unwanted company might have found their way in downstairs..." He stated to Evie. He knew she could give less than to damn about him but he did hope if infected started to wander in she would at least have some decency to let him in though for now it probably was just one or nothing at all.

Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

4nAuzQs.jpg

When he recognised Harrogate's location, she furrowed her brow a little in confusion. How did he know that? Was he some sort of Atlas-junkie?

"Anyone sick or injured or did you just hold this place down alone?" the returning of the question freaked her out as much as her questioning had unnerved him. If she admitted she was alone, would he rush the room and just kill her? No, Evie, bad Evie! You need to stop thinking like this! she lectured herself in her mind.

"I'm... I'm alone," she confessed, nervously. "But I have friends nearby so... so don't get any funny ideas. There's... erm... Bobbo," she bluffed, shaking her head in frustration at how poor she was at it. He'd barely had time to react to the information when he spoke once more.

"I'm not sure but it's sounding like unwanted company might have found their way in downstairs..." This sounded a little convenient. Still, if there were infected downstairs, she'd need to investigate and find out how they got in. She didn't like this one bit. It screamed trap. If he was as heavily equipped as he said and she opened that door, then there'd be nothing stopping him doing whatever he pleased. There was no way she could kill both him and the dog before they could get her. Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck...

"Okay, I'm going to open the door," she replied, decisively, holding the gun behind her back. "I'm warning you, though, try anything and not even the cookies are going to save you." Moving towards the door, she undid the lock, swinging the door open and taking a large step back. Seeing the man in all of his riot gear, her heart skipped a beat. The only thought running through her mind was, oh fuck. "So... erm..." she gulped. "About checking the reception?"

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Bobbie's Gun

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: Tommy (@Angel_Cake), Dexter (@JJ)
Mentioned: Toby & Bobbie (@MaryGold )

Ever the man to take action, Tyrese got to his feet when Dexter did on impulse. It had been so long since he had had people to talk to and a purpose beyond surviving. Tyrese wasn't quite ready to give that up yet. Heading to a hospital though? "You do know that hospitals are generally full of those things?" Tyrese inquired, gaze lowering to rest on Dexter's bandages a moment before moving them back to the man's face. "There are other places to get medicine and bandages if that's what you're after."

Take his time to leisurely stretch, he glanced over at Tommy. His time with the boy had been fun, but he also wasn't entirely sure about taking care of this kid. He wanted to, of course... that part of him that loved being a father and raising kids yearned to take Tommy under his wing. Still, he was weary of it. Tommy was so young and it would put Tyrese's life at risk, along with everyone elses, to protect the kid. And for what? Tommy's prospects in life had died with the rest of the world... It was a war within Big T that had struggled ever since Tommy had come tumbling in from the rain. He didn't want to leave him, but the risk he brought with him...

Big T's mind was pulled from his unhappy thought as the twins, who he had deemed as such only because he couldn't ever tell which was the sister and which the brother, spoke up about going along. "I ain't got no where else to be. I'm following you Dexter, until you tell me otherwise. You can always use a big guy watching your back." He said with a grin, sowing off just how big he was by straightening up. He rubbed a hand over his bald head before looking to Tommy. "Tommy, it's up to you if you're coming along. I don't know what's happened to your mom. We may run into her along the way, or she may have gone somewhere we can't go to right now. At any rate, your coming or staying is up to you." Tyrese had come to the conclusion that if Tommy wanted to life, Tyrese certainly wouldn't deny him the chance.

---
Backpack:
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)

Cecilio & Ringo
Cecilio was a little surprised she was alone but listened when she spoke, "But I have friends nearby so... so don't get any funny ideas. There's... erm... Bobbo," "Well then I hope that's Bobbo or else i'm plugging who ever it is." He replied as he kept his pistol aimed down the hall feeling the threat was more incoming than anything. Cecilio wasn't one to take advantage of others nor was he one with violent tendencies.

Cecilio was hesitant as he lifted his face shield up putting himself at risk when he heard her say, "Okay, I'm going to open the door, I'm warning you, though, try anything and not even the cookies are going to save you." He smirked a little and relaxed "Cookies don't stop infected." He said calmly as he relaxed. He lowered his gun when she opened the door and Ringo's tail wagged fiercely as he approached her slowly. "Sorry if you don't like dogs but he gets excited around new people."

When she said, "About checking the reception?" He could sense she was intimidated by him most people tended to be when they first met him. "Sorry if the get ups terrifying to you but yes we should probably check if we've got company." He stated as he switched to his rifle and put his pistol in its holster on his thigh. He held his rifle and took out it's mag and seemed to briefly count how many rounds he had "I've got 30 shots of .308 so if we run into more than infected we're well off." His mind went from conversation to tactical thinking "I'll lead but follow a distance behind me. I just hope your good with your gun." He said calmly. He turned to the stairs and approached slowly while he did a hand gesture towards Ringo and the dog sat on its haunches staying in place.
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

Otto Williams
Interaction: none
Prior to the two day skip
-

He had rounded the corner and seen a infected dead on the ground with an arrow casually sticking out of it's chest, he took that as both a good and bad omen good in that it meant Evie was in the hotel or near it, bad because when ever one infected was around more were bound to be near. As he was making his way to get inside the hotel he heard that distinct low pitch moan and smelt that sickly sweet smell of decay, he returned to the front of the hotel to find a small hoard was making it's way through the weakening storm. "Fuck." He swore in his head as he looked at where it was moving, right in his path back to the Sci-Port. "Double fuck." He cursed again, the front of the Sci-Port was out and he would rather not draw a hoard's attention to any of the side entrances if he could help it. "Looks like I ain't gonna be home for dinner." He thought as he peeled himself away from the corner of the front area of the hotel and left the lot from the back way, scrambling over a brick wall in the process.
-
Once over the wall he was greeted by the sight of the greater portion of Shreveport, it was a large city but he wouldn't be wondering very far from where he was now so it was of no concern of his at the moment. He walked up the street a good ways as he scanned around for anything useful or anything that was going to be a threat, he walked up on what had been a bus station finding a map of the city behind a plastic screen denoting important places as well as minor locations to help someone navigate the city. One location stood out to Otto, a pawn shop just a few hundred feet away from where he was that overlooked the road that lead to the Sci-Port which was also being occupied by a small hoard of infected so he made his decision to make his way there and watch the hoard until he could get through to the Sci-Port.
-
The door was open but not broken and a sign on the window said Leaving Sale! 90% OFF! and surprisingly their were no broken window from looters or thieves which was odd in itself, he brought his rifle up to clear the main room of the pawn shop as it was a two story building with what he assumed the owner having lived above his business. The ground floor was almost completely bare as obviously many people took up that ninety percent off deal, he found no dead or undead or living for that matter on this first floor even in the back areas that were kinda hidden from line of sight at the front of the store. He saw somethings of use but he needed to clear the top floor first.
-
The stairs were steel and didn't creak like wood ones would of which he was thankful for so that anything up here wouldn't hear him coming, a single door blocked his way and revealed itself to be unlocked as he twisted the knob and pushed the door open slowly but as the door was opened the smell of decay hit his nose and put him on high alert. He didn't hear the moaning or shuffling that came with undead though which he found odd but he found his answer when the door was fully open, the corpse of a man sat slumped in a chair with a shotgun in his mouth while most of his skull was sprayed behind him against the wall. The man who he assumed had been the owner had been decaying for awhile now but for how long he wasn't quiet sure though, this had been the man's main living area by the looks of the TV and coffee table adjacent to a couch Otto also saw a hall leading to what looked like two other rooms. He walked down the hall opening the first door which was on his left, peaking in with his rifle he saw that it was a bathroom and was rather small with no room for anything to hide in and other then the possibility of dry towels being in there he had no use for the room since running water had stopped being a thing long ago. He pulled out of that room and walked to the next door that was on his right which he opened in much the same way he had the other door, inside this room he found the man's bedroom with fresh bed clothes on the bed and everything very neat and tidy.
-
He stepped out of the bedroom after finding nothing of note besides a duffel bag and about one hundred shotgun shells all marked buck shot or at least the small boxes they were in. "This guy was ready for something." He pondered in his head as he took the duffel bag with the shells in it back to the living room where the dead man's corpse sat, Otto took the shotgun from the man's lap and looked it over. It had only one spent shell in it the one the man had used on himself obviously and looked to be in good shape, Otto would probably find a cleaning kit around in here somewhere so he could get it cleaned up on the inside and outside to take back with him as he was sure Tyrese or Dexter could make good use of the shotgun so they weren't stuck with just their pistols...Tyrese would probably be a better choice since he wasn't wounded. The shotgun itself was a Mossberg 590a1 the same shotgun used but the military and some police units before everything had gone down, thirty nine and a half inches long with a eighteen and half inch barrel and held seven shells. The thing had a black all weather finish to keep any rust and wear from being a big issue with proper cleaning and maintenance, he put it in the duffel bag with the ammo and went about looking for the cleaning kit which he found under the table of the living room the dead man was in and put it in the bag as well as he would clean the shotgun later. Something caught his eye though, a note at the dead man's feet.
-
Dear Adam,
I never thought I would ever have to write one of these you know but with the internet down and cell service out this is the only way I can reach you...oh god I hope this reaches you Adam. It's Kat but you probably already saw that on the front of the letter I...I wanted to get another message to you now that everything that is happening is...god I can't think strait...listen, that night in San Francisco I didn't mean to hurt you and I...I was just scared...I had never done those things with someone like you...someone who made me feel that way and when you asked me to come home with you I...got cold feet I guess I just thought something would come between us or it was all just a lie. I wanted to be with you always Adam but it looks like things are not gonna go that way...heh, look at that I'm writing how you talk, I don't know how to say this but...one of those things...it bit me, they say their is nothing to be done about it that I don't have much time left but Adam...even as I feel the sickness passing through me I just want you to know, I always loved you and I always will.
With all of my love, Kat.
-
As Otto looked over the letter he sighed and looked to the corpse. "Maybe you two can find each other in the next life kid." He thought sadly as he began the work of moving the corpse, dumping the former Adam out of one of the windows towards the back of the building a simple affair as the back of the building was walled off so nothing could get in and the smell of the body would be beaten down by the storm. He then when down into the shop again and moved a large shelf in front of the door just in case, he grabbed a pair of old binoculars that hadn't been sold or stolen and headed back up the stairs to the apartment above and looked out one of the front facing windows and sure enough he was able to see the street he needed to use to get back to the Sci-Port and the hoard that blocked his way and they were just standing there. "Great." He thought as he set the binos down and decided to make use of his time, he went in the bathroom and got some towels before stripping down and drying himself off and setting his clothes out to dry. He pulled apart the shotgun and cleaned it before setting it back into the duffel bag with the cleaning hit and shells and waited and waited some more eventually he saw the sun was setting and the hoard still didn't show any sign of moving so Otto made the choice to sleep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otto Williams
Interactions: Dexter and Tyrese, Bobbie
Mentioned: Toby, Evie, Tommy and Marcus
-

The next two days had been repetitive but safe for Otto, wake up scout the nearby area for supplies or infected then observe the hoard blocking his way. He had found enough food and water to last him the two days that he waited in this small apartment and luckily nothing had tried to get in down stairs while he had slept both nights he had also used this time to turn the wooden table leg he had into a proper club, on the third day when Otto had gotten up he had looked out the window at his access way to the Sci-Port and saw the hoard had dissipated almost completely. "This is my chance." He thought as he grabbed his rifle and slung it on his shoulder along with the duffel bag, he wouldn't be moving fast but he would be moving. The storm had lessened to a rather sedate pace in the past two days but their were still dark clouds on the horizon and Otto was pretty sure it would start up again soonish so he needed to move, he stalked up the street past the bus stop that had pointed him to the pawn shop and by the hotel he was pretty sure Evie was in. It took him a bit longer as he had to go around rather then climb the wall by the hotel he had climbed before but either way he still found himself near the Sci-Port once again and the entrance he and Evie had used, her when she ran and him when he went looking for her. A infected was standing in his way though, he took his club and approached it from behind it must of heard him coming because it turned around but it was to late as he smashed it in the head causing it to fall to the ground where he delivered the coup de grâce with his boot, he slid past the body and opened the door and shut it again before making his way to where everyone else was.
-
He heard their voices as he approached, Dexter wanted to move on with the group and Bobbie had said something about a hospital along with her and her brother's consent to go with the group with Tyrese doing the same. He walked onto the scene. "Don't tell me you were planning on leaving without me Dexter?" Otto said making his presence known as if he hadn't been gone for two days. "I agree a hospital is a good idea I got news that may change some minds. When I left I found a hotel that was reasonably safe, safer then here anyway I think Evie might be in there as well. It's front entrance was trussed up tighter then Sunday school nun but the back is open to get into." He spoke as he walked up to Tyrese. "Got a present for ya big guy." He said as he took the shotgun out along with the ammo and gave it to the large black man. "Figured you would need something better then the pistol." He then turned to Bobbie and Toby. "Here Bobbie, something you and your brother can keep your things in." He said as he slid the duffel bag to the two before turning to Dexter again. "Listen Dex, you're wounded so how about you, Bobbie, Toby and Tommy get to the hotel and stay while Marcus, Tyrese and I go to the hospital and get some supplies? You are in no shape to do much of anything right now other then rest. I'll carry you kicking and screaming if I have to." Otto finished speaking to Dexter really not giving the man much of a choice here.
----------------
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1

Duffel bag: (Given to Bobbie and Toby)
Shotgun x1 (given to Tyrese)
100 shells of buckshot (given to Tyrese)

Dexter was surprised when the siblings were the first to volunteer to accompany him, and let it show on his face with an uncertain frown. While he suspected that the girl was sorry for shooting him - not that she'd told him so - he was still wary of her temper. But he said nothing, only nodded in their direction as his attention moved Tyrese when he spoke. Though he was a little confused as to why the man would bother giving the kid a choice, when he wasn't even old enough to make such a decision with clarity. But Tommy didn't look like he was going to volunteer to stay. Not with the way he'd attached himself to the gargantuan man. Only one left. His eyes slid to Marcus, brows raised in question. "Pearce?"

Any reply Marcus was formulating would go unheard by Dexter as the sound of a door opening and then shutting diverted his attention, and then Otto made his appearance. Initially, Dexter was happy to see the man, going even as far as to smile at the realization that he was alive. But when Otto was finished speaking with everyone else and turned back to address him, the smile quickly faded, leaving room for nothing but a cold stare and a set jaw.

Eyes narrowing on Otto's bearded face, Dexter shook his head, taking a step back. He pointed a finger at Otto's chest, momentarily struggling for words. "You..." He growled. "You don't get to disappear for two days and then barge back in here throwing orders around, Otto."

No, that wouldn't fly. Not for him, anyway. He'd dealt with the blow to his pride earlier when he'd had no other choice. But that was not going to happen again. "You are not my superior, and I owe you nothing. You can't stop me from leaving." He turned away and stepped towards the door, calling Hero to follow on guard. The dog, though confused as to why he was being ordered to guard against the man they'd been traveling with for over a week, nevertheless complied, sticking to Dexter's side as they moved towards the door. "Evie was right to leave."

Except Evie had left because of him, not Otto. Or at least that's what it felt like. Maybe he'd apologize if he ever saw her again. Maybe. He didn't turn around as he moved out the door, and anyone who moved to follow him in a threatening manner would surely end up with sixty pounds of Staffordshire terrier hanging from their arm.

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

Interactions: Otto (@Dakota K5), Dexter (@JJ)
Mentioned: Toby & Bobbie (@MaryGold )

Tyrese was fairly glad Dexter hadn't really made a move to say no, either to him or the kid, and continued stretching. If they were heading back out into the fray Tyrese was not going to be caught with a pulled or torn muscle. He was ready for this, completely and entirely. What he wasn't ready for was the entirely welcome sound of Otto's voice, and a wide grin split across his face at the sight of the man. Survival just got a lot more likely. Not that it had been terribly low. Pearce was a military man but it wasn't sure he was still joining them and Dexter was also exceptionally smart, and military, but he was injured. Left Tyrese with a lot of the pressure of keeping people safe but it wasn't like he couldn't have handled it. Still, with Otto here some of that pressure was lifted from his shoulders.

A hospital is never a good idea. Tyrese sighed inwardly but couldn't really complain much when he was offered a gift. "Shit man, this is really good of you." He said, happily accepting the shotgun and turning it over in his hands, judging every aspect of it. It wasn't a model he was completely familiar with, but he'd seen it around and he hadn't heard anything terrible about the shotgun. It was a wonder the big man didn't dance around in excitement. And that Otto had a fair amount of ammo to go along with it. Tyrese didn't question it. Wait, Bobbie is the girl? For real? I wonder how long I'll remember this time. The thought niggled at the back of his mind, Tyrese was much more interested in the gun then which 'twin' was the girl and which the guy. He nodded at Otto's suggestion; the man had just given him a shotgun, there was no reason for Tyrese to back down.

As per usual, Tyrese was not expecting the drama that hit upon Dexter's response. Okay, so Tyrese was used to taking orders. He didn't see the issue in someone giving them to him... and also didn't understand why people had so much issue taking orders when they were from someone who knew what they were doing. Still, he had just pledged to follow Dexter... Tyrese was kind of torn. He glanced over at Otto before following after Dexter. Not really a man of words, he settled a hand on Dexter's shoulder. He did it slowly, keeping an eye on Dexter's dog and tried not to alarm the animal.

"Hey man," Tyrese started uncertainly, before stopping. He wasn't a talker. He didn't do the 'I'm gonna convince you to do the smart thing'. He followed orders. He commented when orders were stupid, and of course if he was ordered to walk off a cliff he knew better then to listen. But he wasn't the head of any operation. He was the muscle. "Don't leave." It wasn't so much an order as it was a request which was odd coming from the big man.

"I can't say I know what the problem is. I take orders all the time. It was my job. But I can say you're smarter then to go off on your own." And that was about as far as Tyrese was going to get with any kind of speech. This really isn't to say that Tyrese was the strong and silent type. He talked. He enjoyed talking to people. But he wasn't charismatic. He didn't try to convince or persuade people. That just wasn't his area of expertise.
---
Backpack:

On Person:
Mossberg 590a1 (shotgun- 6 shot, 100 shotgun shells)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.