[R] Mission: Z [IC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interactions: @Dakota K5
Mentions: @RubyRose @VengefulPeanut @Angel_Cake

He hadn't heard the child screaming or banging over the storm, but Otto's sharpened senses picked it up, and before he knew what was going on Dexter was on his feet and following without question. It was unlike him to be so immediately obedient, but he trusted Otto and if the man thought there was reason to be on edge, he would do so. Flipping the holster open, he palmed the handle of his G29, standing back as Otto flung the door open.

And a kid fell in.

Dexter stepped back, eyeing the wailing child with poorly disguised contempt. He was not a fan of children even under the best of circumstances, and this little banshee could have drawn every Infected in the vicinity right to their doorstep. He bent to grab Tommy but the little twerp swerved him and headed straight for Evie. How very rude.

"Can't say I was expecting that." He muttered under his breath, watching Tommy clutch Evie's legs as she screamed about making sure the door was closed. He rolled his eyes and returned to Hero, who was watching the proceedings with ears tipped forward and head tilted curiously to the side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 4
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Glock G29 (15 loaded + 35 boxed)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (13 pills)
Food: none
Water: none

• Love
Reactions: Blythe
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Otto, Tyrese, Tommy

One would have thought that Tyrese's comment would have calmed the girl, the knowledge that the door was closed and the infected wouldn't be too great a threat. Yet, Evie did not seem satisfied with the information. Short of that, she didn't even seem responsive. Her eyes dashed frantically side to side as her lips began to mumble silent words.

"The kid... the kid..." she whispered to herself, a single tear falling from the tip of her eyelashes like a raindrop from a leaf. When Tommy made a run for her, grabbing her legs, she didn't react at first, she didn't even look at the kid. However, when it seemed to click in, she pushed the child away and slipped from his grasp. Slowly walking backwards, she pushed herself against the wall, tears fully forming and painting their way down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," she sobbed.

Her next movements were fast. She darted to her bow and arrow, snatching the weaponry into her hands and a made a dash for the nearest entrance. To secure it or use it? That was unclear.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Otto White
Interaction: Evie, Dexter and Tyrese
Mentioned: Tommy
-

The kid ran to Evie, Evie freaked out and ran away. "God dammit." Otto thought as Evie ran. He looked to Tyrese. "Tyrese can you try and calm the kid down?" Otto asked the man, he would of asked Dexter but...well Otto had a feeling that Dexter wasn't the best with kids. "Dexter, imma go after Evie. Here take this since you, the kid and Tyrese are gonna be here without us." Otto spoke before he took off his Springfield and handed it to Dexter along with the clips to Dexter. "Let's try and keep it from getting scratched ey." Otto said to Dexter with a small smirk.
-
He followed Evie, his makeshift club at his side in the event of infected. "Evie." He called out quietly as he put his hand on her shoulder to stop her from leaving. "What's wrong?" He asked softly.
-----
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load) ((With Dexter))
1903A3 Springfield (With Dexter)
Wooden chair leg x1

Last edited:
  • Love
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Otto (Collab Post with @Dakota K5 )

!WARNING! - Post contains graphic content and adult themes
Finding her way to shutter doors by the loading bay, Evie finally stopped running. Her eyes desperately scanned the room, the door, everything in her surroundings. Her heart raced, elevated beyond belief considering how little had happened. Her breathing was shallow and fast, as if she were being chased.

"Fuck!" she screamed, jabbing her fist straight into the shutter door before the tears started to flow again. Turning around, she pressed her back against the door and slid down it, pulling her knees into her chest as she tried to control her sobbing.

Otto was able to hear the crying from the girl. Otto wasn't what someone would call the sensitive type but he knew something was up. He approached Evie, slowly before taking a knee in front of her. "Evie, what's wrong?" He asked, his voice softer than normal.

"I'm fine," she insisted, her tone angry though not at him. Wiping her tears on her sleeve, she breathed deeply, finally seeming as if she were coming to her senses. "I shouldn't have freaked out like that..."

Otto's eyes narrowed a bit at her. "Evie, you and I know that is a lie." He spoke. "All of us got demons that haunt us; you, Dexter, Tyrese and I. Now I know from first hand experiance that bottling it up ain't good for ya." He took a breath. "If you don't what the others to hear or know that's fine but at least open up to me and if you don't want anyone else knowing I'll keep it to myself, what ever is eating at ya you can let me know." He finished.

"You sure about that?" she asked. "There's some things that people would rather not know..." Her eyes shot to the side so she didn't have to look at Otto, her teeth biting into the flesh of her inner lip. "It's not right..." she muttered, her voice more like a whimper.

"Evie." Otto spoke with a firm command so that she would look at him. "I ain't gonna pretend to know what led you to this place...but...I do doubt what you did is anything as bad or worse then half the shit I did before all this, I...got sins myself." He again paused. "I ain't gonna judge you for what happend but you need to tell someone to get it off your chest, I've seen to many good people take a swing from a rope because their troubles ate away at them." He finished, reflecting on a memory or two of friends being lowered into a hole six feet deep.

"My 'sins' are all in the past. You don't understand..." she spoke, taking a moment. "Look, if you really want to know, do you mind if we take a walk? Can't stand being still like this."

"Sure, don't like to sit to long myself either." He said as he stood up and offered a hand to Evie.

"Thanks," she said, taking his hand and hoisting herself up onto her feat. She sniffled slightly, wiping the last of the tears from her eyes. Using the service route, the two moved through the old museum, most of which Evie had already explored. It was a quaint, old place. Oddly absent of any sign of humanity, it was as if time had literally stopped, like they were walking through a photograph. Otto didn't pay much mind to the building around them as much as Evie had but he was scanning for threats something he found himself doing more often then not these days, old habits and all that. For a while, Evie had remained silent, her eyes focused on the floor and on her feet. They'd made it by the entrance to the old IMAX screen room before she spoke. "We were thrown out of the refugee camp because we weren't American citizens. When everything went to shit, like really went to shit, apparently the camp lost contact with the capital. After that, the leader decided that priority should go to 'real Americans'. They kicked us out on our arses. No rescue was coming. No return to England. By the time we made it to the next big city, the world - America - was gone. There was nothing there, no authorities, no people. Just the infected. That's when we found a child..." She cut herself off.

Otto gave her his undivided attention but still kept one eye out for any threats. He wasn't as suprised as he should have been at the fact she and who she had been with were kicked out. He'd known what the protocol was for a quote-on-quote 'end of the world' situation...prisoners shot, numbers brought down...when she spoke of finding a child Otto assumed the worst but let her keep speaking.

"He couldn't have been much older than that child back there, about 6 years old. He was so skinny, so ill-looking. We couldn't just leave him there. If you'd have heard the way he was crying. It broke my heart." She paused for a moment, tears beginning to reform in her eyes. "He told us he'd lost his mother, that he needed to find her. Of course we said yes. It was a trap. A fucking trap." The malice, anger and frustration in her voice swelled at the end of her sentence, the bitter memory of the happening still fresh in her mind and in her heart.

Otto again stayed silent as he listened to Evie, he rested his hand on her shoulder when the tears started again. It wasn't hard to see she was having a diffcult time talking about the whole event. "Take your time Evie." He spoke in a low voice so that it didn't echo too much.

"I think we were held prisoner for about 3 days. The bastards were raiders or something, a little street gang that decided to use the apocalypse as their rise to power. There was this one, big scar on his neck, the way he looked at us, like we were pieces of meat. They executed the boys... one by one, right in front of us. Do you have any idea what it's like to see people you've known for the past 3 years, who you've eaten with, laughed with, travelled with, drank with... your friends, get their heads caved in with... with..." She stopped once more as her words failed her, the memory of it all causing them choke in her throat. It felt as if they were hot ash, lodged there burning away. She wanted to get it all out, but to be able to do that. That was a whole other thing entirely. "They didn't even use guns, didn't want to waste the bullets." She gave a pathetic chuckle, swallowing audibly as she contemplated how to describe the next part. "We were to be kept to 'have fun' with. They dragged my best friend away, had their way with her. I could hear her screaming, knowing I'd be next. They threw her back out, barely clothed. I'd never seen her like that. She used to be so bubbly, so happy, so confident... she'd never shut up. Maybe that's why we were friends. But that wasn't the girl they threw out. No. They killed her before she was even dead. When it was my turn, they... they... well, they tore my clothes off, beat me as hard as they could. The one with the scar tried to... y'know... I just..." She pressed her face into her palms, crying loudly by now though she didn't seem upset. She seemed angry, filled with rage... and terror. "I bit into his neck as hard as I could... nearly broke my teeth. I tore out his flesh like one of them... like I wasn't even human anymore. Everything after that was a blur. There was a hunting knife nearby... I used it to kill the other two. Getting the others out was much more difficult than we thought. I was... the only one who made it."

He listened, Otto listened as Evie let the anger, rage and sorrow flow. He did not judge with words or his eyes, his right had balled into a fist when she started to go on about what had happened after they were caught. Otto...had a hate for people like that, a savage end was brought upon those like that he had found in his time. "Evie, as a man I can't say I understand that kind of terror but I understand the rage and the hate, ripping out a man's throat like that...doing what ever it takes to survive...that I understand and no one can fault you for it." He paused briefly. "The guilt of being the last one left is something else I also understand." He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. "I...thank you for sharing this with me, for trusting me with this." He paused again as he looked to her again.

"Don't mention it," she said, her voice sounding almost devoid of emotion. "It just... makes you wonder what the point of surviving is sometimes, you know? When humans are worse than the infected. Maybe that's why all this happened to us."

"To carry their memory. To make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else, or at least that's what I heard them say. As to why this happened...I ain't the strongest believer in soemthing higher then this so I would go with shit chance." he stopped for a second, thinking on his next words. "Honestly when I walked out of that forest I thought I had died and gone to hell, a conclusion most pious folk would see for me but then I saw some old newspapers about this whole thing..." A far away look passed over his eyes. "I...nothing I say will make the pain go away or the hate...you must find the balm for your soul that let's you move on from it...i'm still looking for mine but i'll help you find yours to." Otto spoke with a sad smile, he truly felt for Evie and what had happened to her.

"I... thank you," she replied, her tone humble. She took a moment to control her breathing, trying to bring herself back around from her distraught state. "Thank god I don't wear make-up in the apocalypse," she jested with a weak chuckle.

He gave a small snort. "Eh you don't need it, after all runny eyeliner was so last season." He said in a deadpan delivery as if he was being completly serious but added a smile at the end. "You shared your story with me and it is only fair that I anwser any questions you have about me. There are some things I can not speak about of course, even now. I still swore an oath and some of the things I did are...not meant to reach the light of day." He finished as he looked to Evie for any questions she might have...It was odd that he was willing to trust her with some of his past.

"I think I've cried enough for one day," she smiled, for the first time since the arrival of the child. "What a waste of water, right?" She exhaled deeply. "I'll keep the offer in mind, though. And... erm... if you ever need to talk, about anything, I kind of owe you. I don't know if you've noticed but... I'm kind of good at talking but I can listen too."

"You don't owe me anything Evie, we are friends." He spoke shortly. "Anytime you got any questions let me know or if you want to just talk that's fine to, I may give off that whole 'quiet loner' thing but I rather enjoy conversation it's just that neither Dexter or Tyrese seem to be the 'talking' types at the moment." He spoke as he stood with a small crack coming from his back. "We should get back, I don't think Dexter and Tyrese would appreciate us just leaving them there for to long by themselves." He finished as he waited for Evie.

"Sure thing. I don't think I'd like to see Tyrese angry," she nodded, following in behind Otto as they headed back to the dining room.

Location: Sci-Port Museum, Shreveport LA - Near Evie's little Fort with Tommy
Interactions: Tommy (@Angel_Cake)
Mentions: Dexter ( @JJ), Otto (@Dakota K5 ), Evie (@VengefulPeanut )

What the hell? Tyrese watched in absolute confusion as the woman backed away from the kid as if it was some kind of little monster. Then again, kids could be little hellions -Tyrese knew that from personal experience- but it was no way to back away as if a years worth of torture was promised in the kid's eyes. When Otto told him to deal with the kid, Tyrese released a soft sigh. It wasn't that he didn't like kids... he'd been a good dad. He adored them. But most kids were warned about guys like him. You see a big black guy coming your way, most people run... But he also wasn't going to just leave the kid.

Noticing that the kid had dropped a toy, he picked it up and approached the kid very slowly. "Hey...I think you dropped this." He said softly, crouching down and making himself as small as he could -which wasn't very small but he tried. He held out the toy as a peace offering, attempting for a small smile. "Hey kid, my names Big T." He said, tone soft. He was trying his absolute damnedest to soothe and not scare. "Whats your name?" He inquired as gently as he could, more afraid of rejection then he realized he would be. It was the damn apocalypse and Tyrese was actually afraid he was going to scare a kid away from him.

What the heck was Otto thinking sending me to do this? And what is going on with Evie? Tyrese mentally demanded though of course no answers were forthcoming. He supposed that out of the options left he may have been the better choice of himself and Dexter but this was ridiculous. Even if Dexter didn't like kids or wasn't good with them you never send a big scary bald guy to talk to kids. That's just going to make them run away.

---
Backpack:
Ziplock bag of ammo and small metal loader (22 bullets)
Bundle of rope (approx. 30 ft long)
Teddy Bear (belonged to his youngest son)
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Machete with a sheath that connects to his belt on his left hip
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)

Food: 2 bags of Beef Jerky (he's been rationing it very carefully)

Water: Plastic Sports Waterbottle (half full)

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Tommy Maine
Interactions: Tyrese @RubyRose

Tommy looked up at the large man that was crouched down to him. He was huge. Muscles that seemed to double in size the closer the man came. "What's your name?" The voice was deeper than Tommy expected and he recoiled slightly in shock. There was a moment where the kid looked away, confused as to why he'd been pushed away by the girl before. He realised she wasn't his mom but that didn't explain why she'd been so harsh. When the man presented the stuffed t-rex to Tommy, he looked up and wiped away his tears.

"Rexy..." He breathed, reaching out for the toy before biting his shivering lip. "My Rexy..."

Once he'd finally got the toy in his grasp, Tommy shyly raised his head to look at the kind figure that loomed over him, viewing him more as a gentle dinosaur than an actual person. "My... My name is Tommy." He looked over his shoulder in the direction Evie had run off. It seemed he understood to some degree that he was the reason she'd left and that he'd done something wrong. The fear had lessened in his large chestnut eyes and dash of color returned to his cheeks. The fire was warming him up slowly... but at least he wasn't freezing anymore.

"Are you a dinosaur?" He asked, referring to the hulking size of the man in front of him.

Location: Sci-Port Museum, Shreveport LA - Closer the fire with Tommy
Interactions: Tommy (@Angel_Cake)

Tyrese bit his lip against laughing. That's a first. People had asked him a lot of things in his life but never if he was a dinosaur and that made him smile. "Sorry Tommy, I'm not quite as cool as Rexy. I'm a guy, just like you." He said gently. For a moment Tyrese had considered saying he was a dinosaur in the hopes of winning the kid's affection but a moment of thought showed that wasn't a good idea in the long run. At least Tommy seemed to be a little calmer, though when he first spoke Tommy had seemed ready to bolt. It was obvious he was still more interested in Evie, but at least the kid was talking to him. "Would you be alright moving closer to the fire? It's a lot warmer over there." He offered. The kid still looked like he was mostly frozen, and if there was a chance on saving him -which Tyrese found he wanted to do- they needed to get him warm.

Staying crouched, he began to slowly back towards the fire, seeing if he could get the kid to follow by not crowding him. "I bet Rexy would like it more by the fire too. I bet he's feeling pretty cold. I know Big T is feeling pretty dang cold." He added with a friendly smile, gesturing to himself.
---
Backpack:
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)

• Love
Reactions: JJ
B O B B I E & T O B Y

Mentions: ---
Interactions: ---

Bobbie's teeth chatter, as she clutched her jacket closer to herself, trying to warm herself up. Obviously, that was impossible to do in the biting cold wind and the rain falling so hard. But she wouldn't have to stand this much longer, just up ahead was what looked to be the back entrance to a sci-port. There, she could finally rest, she and her brother anyway. "Hurry up!" She barked at her older brother, Toby, who was lagging behind.

She didn't mean to come off so mean, but with this weather made her moody along with her hollow stomach. And his lagging only annoyed her further. But Toby didn't seem to mind in the least. He knew his sister too well and wanted to get to the shelter just as much as she did. But he was so hungry, they both were. They hadn't had a proper meal in at least three to four days, and they were getting weaker.

They had gotten robbed not too long ago by a group of people they joined who, obviously, only cared about themselves. at least they only stole from them and didn't kill them and at least they still had their weapons. Or Bobbie did anyway, she was holding in her pistol in her hand at the very moment. And Bobbie had been bitter since they incident.

"Sorry. I'm coming." Toby picked up his pace and ran to her side.

In no time, they were at the back doors, and it took them a little while to bust them open with them both being so weak. Once they were inside, he closed the doors behind them and Bobbie sighed. It wasn't all that warm inside, but definitely better than being outside.

She pulled back the hood on her jacket, loosened her grip on her gun a bit. Still, something was off. "We should check this place out before resting," She said quietly. And Toby nodded in agreement. And proceeded down a hallway, the more they walked, she could start to hear the voice, she held her gun with hands tightly, and her finger went to the trigger. She was ready for anything, whatever it was.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: JJ and Blythe
Name
Sgt. Marcus Pearce

Notable Interactions/Mentions
@Angel_Cake @RubyRose @JJ

"Oh man, I've really gotta get out of this rain....I shouldn't be too far away from Sci Port by now, that'll make for some shelter." The interior thoughts of Marcus echoed in his head as the steady fall of rain impacted along the concrete as well as the hood of his tactical shirt. On the brighter side of things, his body in addition to most of his gear wasn't exposed to the elements, and though he left behind some of his valuable gear like his body armor, he was as far fine, he hadn't run into many violent human beings thus far and he doubted he would really given the circumstances. Still though, the soldier was always expecting the unexpected, he'd need to be ready for it, even if it meant wearing some heavy gear.

With a sigh, Marcus continued onward toward the direction of Sci-Port, he had to admit it was pretty warm for rainy weather, which he really didn't mind much, back at Hood he'd have been freezing if the weather got like this. His black eyes focused on the entrance to Sci Port, maybe the doors were open. That was an empty hope because the moment he pulled on the doors they rattled, barely even budged. "I guess I'll have to do this the hard way, woohoo~" He cheered in a half-baked tone as he began to circle around the building, looking for a way up.

He soon was pulling his way up to the rooftop via used of a ladder, climbing wasn't too fun with his bag but it had to be done. With a final grunt, Marcus pulled himself up and looked around up top for if possible some stairs, if he was going to use the steps he'd need to be ready for anything. In midst of his thought, he saw a flickering orange light, that couldn't have been fire...could it? Fire meant people, and people meant shelter, food, and lastly, weapons. Surely if people were in there they wouldn't appreciate him just destroying a window and letting along with broken glass.

The soldier instead went for the latter option, the stairs, beginning to fumble with the doorknob, a small gasp escaped him as the door opened up. "Well that was unexpected..." He thought, stepping through the door and shutting it behind him, making his way down the steps. Keeping his weapon at the low ready as he went down each flight. At last he got to the bottom floor, walking through the fire escape door and heading to the direction of the fire. He saw three individuals, a child by the looks of it, a dog, and lastly a physically well off third man. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything." Pearce spoke up, keeping his hands on his weapons, he still wasn't sure about these people.

Weapons
Silenced/A LVOA-C Rifle
M9 Beretta w/dropleg holster on his left side
Kukri sheathed at his right ankle
7x 30 round magazines of 5.56 NATO (one round chambered with no magazine)
2x 15 round magazines 9mm (1 in the weapon already)

Equipment
Rucksack
Climber's axe
6x MREs(one in the process of being rationed)
2x canteens and one camelback (full of rainwater)
Well protected cigarettes 4 packs(1 in use)
5x lighters
Flashlight
A pocket full of dog tags​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JJ and Blythe
Interactions: @MaryGold [Collab!]
Mentions: @VengefulPeanut @Dakota K5 @RubyRose @Angel_Cake

Dex was on his feet again and preparing to follow Evie and make sure she didn't do anything stupid when Otto intercepted him and said he'd do it instead. With a snort, he took the rifle and watched the two of them leave. Rubbing the back of his neck, he glanced at Tyrese, who had finally managed to connect with the squealing child, and decided that it still was not his problem. Nope. He didn't do kids. But now he was at a loss to what to do, and felt like sitting back down while everyone ran around like they were crazy seemed like the wrong thing to do. So first he went to check the door again. Despite Tyrese's assurance that it was indeed locked, he tugged on the door and made sure. Then, satisfied with that, he returned to the fire, ensuring that it was still well contained and in no danger of spreading.

Yep. Fire was good. No danger there.

Ten minutes passed with him basically just standing there, twiddling his thumbs and doing nothing. How very useful you are. He said to himself. When Evie and Otto didn't return, though, he got worried. "I'll be back." He said to Tyrese, giving the man a nod. Making sure the safety was on, he slung the strap of the rifle over his shoulder and settled it against his back. They had secured the Sci-Port for the most part, so he wasn't concerned, but nevertheless the holster of his handgun was open and ready for him to grab. Commanding Hero to stay where he was, Dexter moved out into the hallway. It was entirely possible that Evie and Otto were just having some heart to heart chat, and that's why they were taking so long. But the cynical side of him was telling him something was wrong.

And there it was, the sound of footsteps approaching them. Bobbie gulped and clenched her teeth. She knew there had to be someone or something else here. She lifted her gun, ready to shoot as soon as whatever came around the corner was in sight.

Toby stared at her and shook his head slightly. She obviously must not have been thinking straight at the moment. He was smart, and he knew she was too. He knew that it was a someone turning the corner, and it wasn't that he believed that it wasn't reasonable to hold a stranger at gunpoint, they had been betrayed too much to be that naive, but they could make a major mistake. She was out to use that gun. He could tell.

"Bobbie, wait." He whispered to his younger sister.

They would regret this, he was sure of it. There were more people around, he knew it. He could hear it, and then there was the dim light coming from ahead in another room. It was all too obvious.

"Shut up." She whispered back harshly.

In just a few more steps, whatever it was would be in clear shot, and she would shoot.

It didn't take long for Tyrese and Tommy's voices to fade away. The Sci-Port was large, with lots of twists and turns that prevented noise from travelling too far. He checked the storeroom where they'd found the food. The keys were still dangling in the lock the way he and Evie had left them earlier. Thinking better of that, he twisted the key back the other way and pulled it out, pocketing them. They hadn't checked all the locked doors here yet, but it was on his to do list.

As he traveled the length of the long hallway that they'd first come down, he paused. There was a 3-way split up ahead. The left one that led to the back door, the one they'd come in through. The other went straight, back to more store rooms that were all empty, and the one that turned right went further into the building, towards the IMAX theater and other attractions that the museum had offered in its hey-day. Something felt off, though. He paused before turning the corner to the left. He could hear the rain. Not just through the building, but like there was an open door.

But they'd closed the back door, and he was certain Otto wouldn't have let Evie run out into the storm.

Uneasily, he palmed the handle of his gun, drawing it and flicking off the safety. Holding it straight down, pointed towards the ground, he pressed himself against the wall, waiting, listening. Amid the sounds of the storm, he swore he heard whispers. "Hello?" He called out, voice like a gunshot in the quiet of the hallway. And when he got no answer, he rounded the corner with his weapon drawn.

Bobbie quieted her breathing, and Toby couldn't help but do the same. The sound of the steps stopped. She waited, and they both halted their breathing at that moment. Was their presence too obvious? No, that couldn't be, they were too quiet to be caught.

They both stilled at the call. So it was a person! Nonetheless, she wasn't taking any chances. Her eyes squinted, ready to take a clear shot at any moment. It would be quick, she knew how to shoot and she was going to put that skill to use as she did many other times.

Toby only realized she was still planning to shoot just as the stranger rounded the corner. "Bobbie, no!" He grabbed her left arm just as she pulled the trigger.

She shot him, the bullet traveling downward though she originally had a clear shot for the head. And Toby had screwed up that shot, just like he had done many other times.

He had been unprepared to see two what looked like teenagers standing in the hallway before him. And though his weapon was lowering as he made the realization, he recognized the intensity in the girl's eyes. Dexter managed to turn away from the bullet as the shot rung out but was not fast enough to avoid it entirely. It entered at an angle in the left side of his abdomen and exited eight inches further in almost a straight line. By some stroke of luck it missed anything vital, but fuck, that hurt. He stepped backwards, back against the wall, and slowly slid down it with his free hand cupping the entrance wound, one leg bent at the knee and the other straight out ahead of him. "Fuck." He said quietly, raising the gun to point at both of them in turn. Luckily, it seemed the man had a handle on the situation, as it was only the girl who was out for blood. "I would like to ask you not to do that again." He said, strangely serious, and even more strangely calm, given the situation. Man, adrenaline was one hell of a drug.

Giving the pair another once over, Dex raised his pistol and loosed two rounds into the drop ceiling. The fluff came dropping among their heads, but the shots had just been to summon his... friends? Allies? Travel partners. Yeah that was good. Travel partners. To summon his travel partners in case they'd somehow missed the sound of the initial gunshot. And then he leveled the gun back between the pair, arm trembling slightly despite his attempts to still it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Glock G29 (13 loaded + 35 boxed)
Otto's 1903A3 Springfield Rifle

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Dexter, Otto, Bobbie, Toby

Otto and Evie had been walking back at a steady pace. Even though she didn't know the man, he'd done a lot to comfort her. The words he said, how he said them. Despite the still admittedly uncomfortable setup they had at the Sci-port, she felt a little more at ease around him. Friends, eh? she thought to herself with a smile, pondering on Otto's words. Her peaceful frame of mind was soon shattered as the bone-chilling crack and boom of a gunshot rattled through the hallways. Evie and Otto had even been close enough to hear Dexter's scream of pain.

All colour drained from the girl's face as she looked to Otto in shock. "Oh no..." Not even waiting for his reaction, she unslung her bow from her back, sprinting as fast as she could in the direction of the gunshot. She knew it, the second she saw the child that this would happen. She wasn't safe. She never will be. Those memories, those kinds of people, they'd always find a way back to her, a way to hurt her again and those that she was with. Not this time.

Hurtling round the corner, she sprinted onto the scene, arrow already half-knocked by the time she came to a halt. Seeing Dex, bleeding and wounded, his gun pointed at the two, she didn't even take a moment to look at the altercation impartially. Raising her bow at the two, she scrunched her lips in anger. "Drop the fucking gun now! I swear to Christ I'll kill the both of you!" she screamed. She couldn't explain why she had felt so protective over Dexter. It wasn't like he had been very nice to her. But still, she didn't know the others and Dexter had at least had the courtesy to not attack her. Even if the situation was gray, Evie was intent on seeing it black and white. Good versus bad. Us versus them. "You've got three seconds!"
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows, 1 knocked)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

B O B B I E & T O B Y

Interactions: Evie, Dex

"Do you really think I'm going to drop my weapon after you just said you'd kill us!"

Bobbie held the gun at a steady point, this time at Evie. Her eyes only hardened and her resolve the same. She didn't know how well that woman could aim or how fast she could shoot, but she did know how well she could use a gun. The only problem was that even if she did disable the woman, the other man could just shoot her and Toby. This was their only distance weapon.

And then there was the matter of the fact that she was sure these people had more backup. If they didn't die by these two hands, they surely would to the rest. There was really no way out of this and though she would have rather do anything else but surrender she couldn't. They were only two, and they were weak at this time.

Bobbie held her weapon tightly in her hand, but in an instant, before the three seconds were up, she dropped it and the gun fell to the floor a metallic clatter.

Toby breathed out a sigh of relief see his sister let it go. He was almost certain she was going to get them both killed. And by the way she was gritting her teeth, he knew that she was doing everything in her power to control herself.

So he took the lead from there. He kicked the gun toward the other two and raised his hands, as he did so, he beckoned his sister to do the same. And reluctantly, she complied. "This is all just a big misunderstanding!" His eyes wandered to the injured Bobbie had shot and started making calculations. "I'm a doctor! I can treat him and maybe explain things better!" He said desperately and hopefully.

Last edited:
Interactions: @MaryGold @VengefulPeanut
Mentions: @Dakota K5

It seemed like time stood still for an impossibly long time, marked only by the heartbeat he could feel in his fingertips, wrapped in the shirt that was at one point white, but now stained crimson like some macabre tie-dye painting. When finally he heard footsteps from behind him, and then Evie's furious voice, he had to suppress a groan of annoyance. Of all people, why did it have to be Evie, who apparently was in the midst of a mental breakdown, who came to his aid. And where the fuck was Otto, anyway? Hadn't they left together?

Still, though, he was at least grateful for the backup. The man seemed sorry for what his partner had done, but the girl still had a look of fury in her eyes. Stone cold killer, that one. He wasn't about to argue on their behalf, either, so he let Evie make her demands, and finally lowered his gun when Toby kicked theirs towards him. Propping himself up on one hand, Dexter forced himself to his feet and stood there for a moment, head swimming. "Do you have any other weapons?" He said, stumbling over the last word like his tongue was too heavy in his mouth. Weird. Weapons. Weapons. Easy word Dex, you've said it a million times.

He held his gun out, butt first, to Evie. "Take this please." He said quietly. He didn't trust himself to be able to fire it at the moment and didn't feel comfortable with Evie's only weapon being a bow. Even if she was good with it, which he'd yet to see, it could be unreliable at close range and even harder to reload. It was safer for her to use a gun. Otto's rifle, still unscratched as per request, followed, and he propped it against the wall at Evie's feet. Or rather he tried to, and his hand didn't seem to want to cooperate with him, and the rifle went skidding off to the other side of Evie, half disappearing around the hallway. Oops, not unscratched anymore. Toby's declaration of good will was met with a snort, and had he not been full of holes at the moment he probably would have thought of a snappy comeback. He was very tired though, and so nothing came to mind.

Using his now free hand to prop himself against the wall, he did the only thing he reasonably could do, he leaned there and watched, blood leaking through his fingers. And he waited for Otto to come take control of the situation. If Evie hadn't gone crazy and murdered him, that is.

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

Location: Sci-Port Museum, Shreveport LA - Closer the fire with Tommy
Interactions: Tommy (@Angel_Cake), Marcus (@Stryder )

Even focusing his attention on Tommy couldn't undo years of training and at the sound of footsteps, Tyrese pulled Tommy behind him -somehow finding the time to be gentle with the boy- while placing another hand on his gun. He didn't pull it from it's holster, just had a hand on it in case it was needed. Not removing his own hand from where it touched his gun, Tyrese stood up and puffed out his chest. No more acting small when there was possible danger.

"Just the attempt to get a frozen kid thawed out." Tyrese replied bluntly. "I don't suppose you would know where his mommy is?" Because the odds of a kid showing up, and then a stranger? In Tyrese's mind there were no such coincidences. Everything was connected somehow. "If you're not of the mind to cause trouble, I don't see any reason to be shootin' you. If you're with a posse of people thinking of raiding me and the kid, though, you should know that not only will I kick your ass I'm also with armed military professionals who will also kick your ass and you'll regret the day you decided to mess with us." Best to just get the threats out of the way now. In truth, Tyrese had heard more horror stories about raiders then had personal dealings but he wasn't entirely ready to just take a chance. At the same time, though, and as stupid as it sounded, Marcus was a colored man and Tyrese had always been taught that men of color either stuck together in the gang or were your worst enemy. In the zombie apocalypse he was fiercely hoping it was the former; it never hurt to have able bodied fighters and this guy looked beyond remarkable.

"Hey Tommy, I still think you should go over to the fire. Rexy's going to get sick if you and him don't warm up soon." Tyrese added, the hand not on the butt of his gun reaching down to gently guide Tommy towards the fire. His eyes never left the newcomer, though.

---
Backpack:

On Person:

Reactions: JJ
Otto White
Interactions: Bobbie, Toby, Dexter and Evie
-

As he had walked back with Evie he had heard the gun shot, she had took off with a look of shock on her face. Otto's approach was different, he did not run after her no Otto went around. He heard the voices and followed them to where Evie and Dexter was as he approached them he saw that Dexter had been wounded and a fury in Evie's eyes, he held a finger over his lips to signal them to be quiet and he took his rifle from the floor where Dexter had slid it to while he flipped the safety off. He motioned that he was going to move and flank to Dexter, he then backtracked away from Evie and Dexter to a back entrance of the room the shooter had been in he reached for the door handle and thankfully as he turned it slowly it gave showing it wasn't locked.
-
It was dim but he was able to make out two silhouettes facing the open door where Evie and Dexter were, Otto lined up his sight on the figure holding the pistol before making his presence known. "Move and you both die." He spoke from behind them loudly and clearly no anger or malice just a ice chill to his voice. "Do not turn towards me, put the pistol on the ground and kick it towards me then raise your hands into the air. I will give you both five seconds to comply, if you fail to do this you will both be shot." He finished, Otto's 1903a3 was loaded with JHP rounds or Jacketed Hollow Points that when hitting a flesh target started to expand putting a nice neat entrance wound and a exit would the size of his fist shredding organ, bone and sinew the whole way through and he had this trained on the figure with the pistol and in the event they didn't wish to comply with his order he would send one of those rounds barreling into their chest before turning the gun on the unarmed one.
----
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (4/4 full)
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden chair leg x1

Last edited:
4nAuzQs.jpg

Evie furrowed her brow in concern for a moment as Dexter fumbled with the gun, seeing the rifle slide beyond her feet and out of reach. Dexter still offered over the pistol, though she didn't want it. No, she was more comfortable with the bow anyway. Shaking her head to Dex, she maintained her focus on the duo ahead. She was glad they had complied but the look on the female's face was disconcerting. The look of reluctance showed only one thing, anger. It wasn't like she wasn't in the same boat. On the other side of the standoff she may have done the same. But that kid turns up and all of a sudden two armed intruders make it into the Sci-port, a place they had assumed they had secured. It was too much of coincidence. Still, the male's compliance was at least a little reassuring.

When Otto joined the fray, the rifle Dexter had relinquished in his hands, pointed at the duo she breathed an audible sigh of relief. "Otto, their guns already on the ground, it's okay," Evie affirmed, her tone much more elated than she wished it to be. "Just... watch them." She held a moment longer, the arrow trained right on the heart of the girl that had shot Dex. It would be so easy. One arrow, all she had to do was let go and the issue would be over. No, that wasn't who she was. Exhaling slowly, she lowered her bow, returning the arrow into its position in her quiver and moving to Dex.

She placed her hand on his shoulder, moving in close to him so that her words wouldn't be heard by the other two. It may have looked like an affectionate move, one hand rested on his cheek. "Are you okay?" she asked, her brow softened and her eyes searching his for an answer. "Let me see," she commanded immediately after, moving his hand from the wound. Seeing the swelling splotch of blood on his shirt, she gasped in shock, replacing Dexter's to its previous position over the wound. "You," she called out, looking over to Toby, her tone and facial expression hard and cold. "You said you were a Doctor?"
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: @MaryGold @VengefulPeanut
Mentions: @Dakota K5

Frowning at Evie when she refused the gun, he sat it on the ground beside him instead, unable to reach the holster that was currently pressed between his ass and the ground, and not too comfortably either. Movement behind the two strangers caught his eye, and he blinked in confusion. How had Otto gotten the gun without him noticing? Magic! But hey! Otto was alive after all, thank the fates. He cast a guilty glance at Evie, even if his accusations about her murdering Otto had only been in his head. They had only been in his head, right? He wasn't sure, but she hadn't yelled at him yet so he was confident that they had been. Quite to the contrary, her concern was touching if not a little out of character. And she was being very touchy feely. Dexter squinted at her when she touched his face, pressing his lips into a belligerent line and insisting, "I'm fine." Just need some bandaids and ibuprofen and he'll be good to go. "Just a flesh wound." He let Evie move his hand, as he had neither the strength nor the desire to resist her, though he did grunt in pain and clench his jaw at the fresh wave of pain that punched him in the face. His dark eyes pinned on Toby though, when she asked if he really was a doctor. As he was still leaning on his right hand, the left one was relieved of its position to point at the man, fingers dripping crimson on to the dusty linoleum floor. "You, do not fucking touch me." He said, all trace of the pain drunken stupor he'd been in only moments before gone from his voice. Ignoring Evie's protests, he started to stand again, a wave of nausea washing over him that forced him back down. Okay, standing was not the brightest of ideas.

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

B O B B I E & T O B Y

Interactions: Evie, Dex, Otto ( @VengefulPeanut @JJ @Dakota K5 )

Toby let out a shallow breath after hearing the third voice behind them. Of course, he knew there was more of these people. How much were they? Or was this them all and they were in this room at this moment. No, that would be too hopeful. God damn it, hey knew he should have taken that pistol from Bobbie when she was in that state. She was already heartless toward strangers, and with her being so moody and hollow.

"That was our only weapon," Toby answered, glancing at his sister for a moment before continuing. Her face was still hard, cold and devoid of any emotion. Even he couldn't tell what she was thinking right now."That was the only thing we had and the clothes on our back." He wanted them to know, they weren't really a danger, at least not now.

Bobbie hated that Toby was openly telling these strangers, and threatening folk, that the were basically weak and defenseless. She didn't like looking weak and especially not in front of people. Who knew what the were capable of? Well, at the least they couldn't steal anything from them.

However, the could still kill them or do something worst...There was no way they'd be ever let them go after she had shot their friend. It terrified her, but she didn't let that show on her face and let Toby go on.

"I won't treat you if you don't want me too, but you do need to be treated. You're not fine."

Bobbie may not have shot him anywhere vital, but she did shoot him. So, he would, and could bleed out, and if that didn't kill him, an infection certainly would.

4nAuzQs.jpg

Seeing the defiance with which Dexter continued to evade treatment and admittance of the true severity of his condition caused Evie to frown deeply. Her eyes flicked to Bobbie once more, a bitter scowl sitting on her face before she looked back to Dex, taking a step back but still offering him support.

"For Christ's sake, Dex. You need treatment. Let him help," she argued to him. She wasn't sure why the protective streak in her was coming out all of a sudden. Perhaps the idea of losing people again wasn't something she could handle. The people in their group were hardly the closest friends she'd ever had. To be truthful, they were hardly friends. Still, it'd been too long since Evie had even come across people that weren't as barbarous as the infected they fought against. It wasn't something she wanted to give up on easily. "You better know what you're doing. If he dies... god help you," she snarled at Toby. Deep down she didn't get a bad feeling from the man. But the fact remained that his companion did just put a bullet through Dex and probably might have put a bullet through her and Otto too if they hadn't got the drop on them.

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (7 arrows)

Water (1):
- Canteen (Full)

Food (0):

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Interactions: @MaryGold @VengefulPeanut @Dakota K5
Mentions:

Dexter stared at Evie, incredulous. "You seriously expect me to trust this guy when his girlfriend just fucking shot me?" He demanded, shifting so that he was more comfortable against the wall. He wanted to get up and leave, but, well, he'd tried that already and it hadn't ended in his favor. Dark eyes slid to Otto, looking to the man for some sort of backup. But when he got no assistance that way, either, he just dropped his gaze to the floor with an irritated grunt. Outnumbered and outgunned. Wasn't this some shit.

But at this point he didn't really have the strength to fight it, either, if they decided to just hold him down. And that would be a grievous wound to his pride among other things, so in the end he just decided to go with it. "Fine." He growled, giving Toby a stare that was more dazed than menacing like he'd intended. "But not here, back near the fire." And Hero, most importantly. "And not until after they've both been searched." This line was directed at Evie, his eyes hardening on her face in a way that said this was not up for discussion. The stare he had perfected on Riley. Sadness tinted his expression for a split second before he wiped it away and closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the wall.

BACKPACK (DEXTER):

Status
Not open for further replies.