[R] Mission: Z [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interactions: Otto, Tyrese [collab post w/ @Dakota K5]
Mentions: Evie, Toby, Bobbie, Marcus, Tommy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyrese's hand on his shoulder made Dexter pause, and he listened to the man's somehow reassuringly deep voice. He closed his eyes, rubbing a hand across his face. "I just need some air, man." He whispered, pulling away and quitting through the door. Dexter let the door shut behind him, before he lifted his blood-stiffened shirt and reached down to touch his side, white-hot pain flaring up where his fingers met the bandage over the wound. It was a mistake to leave the others, he knew that, but he couldn't bring himself to stay if Otto was going to continuously challenge him.

Otto gave out a sigh, he wanted to be angry, he really did, but him being angry wouldn't help the situation at all, so off he went after Dexter. He would take his time, no point in rushing for a stubborn asshole. He made his way to the door and opened it slightly. "Dexter, I want to speak with you but you need to call your dog off because if it attacks me I am sorry to say I will shoot it." Otto liked Hero, he liked all dogs, but he was not going to stand for getting bit because Dexter was in a 'mood'.

Dexter had only made it a quarter a block before he heard Otto's voice call out from the doorway. He looked over his shoulder, murmuring a command to Hero to stand down. The dog seemed relieved, and if it wouldn't have been exceedingly painful, Dexter would have reached down to pat him. He put himself between Otto's line of sight and the dog, regardless, now facing the Sci-Port. "What do you want, Otto?" He asked, careful to keep his voice as quiet as he could and still be heard. He didn't see any Infected right now, but there was no sense in shouting and possibly drawing them here.

Otto had had his rifle out just in case but when he saw Dexter stand Hero down he went ahead and slung it over his shoulder as he made his way out towards the man, making sure to keep and eye out for infected or any other threats. It was a short walk to get to Dexter or at least close enough he would be able to speak in a normal voice and not attract any infected. "Look, I ain't gonna say I'm sorry, or try and convince you to come back, but I am going to lay the facts of the situation on you. First, you are wounded, and the wound has become infected alright. I can smell it from here and I don't know about you but normally a lone man with a infected wound ain't gonna make it that far. Second, how are you gonna deal with anymore then one infected or hell a raider with how you are right now? I said for you to go to the hotel because as it stands right now you are a dead man walking with that infection, you need to stay put in one location until your're healed and if you let your pride stand in the way of you thinking rationally you're gonna get yourself killed, or worse, others killed." Otto finished as the light pitter patter of the rain bounced of them and the ground around them.

Unflinching as the man closed the distance between them, Dex stared at Otto with tired eyes. Despite the two days' rest, he was still both mentally and physically exhausted. "I can take care of myself." He said unconvincingly. "I did fine before I met you and I'll get on just fine now." Of course, last time he was on his own he'd had two fewer holes in his body, but what can ya do. "I know it's infected." He continued. "Which is why I suggested the hospital in the first place - before it's bad enough to keep me from going."

"Dexter when we first met you didn't have two holes in your torso." Otto said, unknowingly echoing Dexter's thoughts. "You were doing just fine? Dexter I ain't a fool, you were doing fine physically but since the day we met you haven't been doing well mentally. Now I didn't and still won't ask what happened before we met out of kindness, because what ever it was must have been tragic, but that is beside the point right now." Otto spoke with a softened voice. "I figure that Tyrese, Marcus if he comes along, and I would get a list of proper antibiotics and the like from our resident doctor inside then head to the hospital to get those while you stay with the others at the hotel, because we can be faster but the others will still need someone who knows how to fight with them if things go south. Plus, despite you yelling at Evie earlier she would be more likely to not shoot you as you are already wounded, rather then I if you encounter her in the hotel." Otto paused to take a breath. "Look, I get that you see yourself as the leader of this group Dexter, but understand until you are able to face what ever has been dogging you since I met you, your ability to lead this group is kinda compromised and I ain't saying this because I want to lead, I am saying this as fact. Now I ain't gonna force you to face that demon that haunts you but until you do I am gonna take the leadership of this group and do what I think is best to get us to DC or at least the first sign of a real settlement." Otto again paused, this time to let Dexter speak.

"I never asked to be leader of anything." Dexter protested, shaking his head. "Least of all this group. I agreed to travel with you and Evie because it makes sense to. We were safer in numbers, but not like this." He waved his hand in the general direction of the door they'd both exited, ignoring the spike of pain the motion caused. "What happened in my past doesn't matter any more than what's happened since we met. Nothing can change the past, we can only change the future. And the only way I know how to do that is to get to DC." His voice had risen a bit, face flushed from a mixture of fever and emotion. It was, perhaps an odd thing to say given he had mentioned the possibility of a cure to no one, but he wasn't thinking as clearly as he usually did.

He ruffled the hair on the back of his head, an irritated gesture despite his attempts to stay cool. He didn't like feeling helpless, and this was helplessness in its highest form. Even the short walk to where he'd ended up now had exhausted him. "What do you expect me to do, Otto? What would you do if you were in my position?"

Otto made a gesture with his hand for Dexter to lower his voice, no need to start a battle with the infected. "Well Dexter, we gotta deal with the hand we got, not the hand we wish we had. I would've loved to have been traveling light with just you, Evie, and Tyrese but as you just said, we can't change the past. I don't know what is in DC for you, what it'll change but I said I would help you get there." Otto stopped and looked around, he thought he heard something, but nothing showed itself so he looked to Dexter again. "Well Dexter if our positions were reversed, I would trust you to make the right choices and decide what is best for the group until I could give my input without looking like I was about to pass out." Otto spoke as he grabbed his canteen and handed it to Dexter. "Here, you need this a bit more than I do from the looks of it."

Reaching out to take the canteen, Dexter mumbled a thanks, draining half of what was left in his first pull. That's another thing they needed to do - find a reliable source of water. Maybe some sort of raincatcher, if they ever found somewhere worth setting up an actual camp. Not wanting to deplete Otto's water entirely, he handed it back. "I really look that bad?" Sure he felt like shit, but he was generally good at keeping that sort of thing hidden.

"Take the rest." Otto offered, pushing the canteen back into Dexter's hand. He took it with another mumbled thanks. "And yes you look that bad, you looked that bad back inside, too, and I am surprised no one else said anything to you. Look Dexter I get that it hits you in your pride when I give what is perceived as an order but I am merely doing what I think will keep us all alive, when I picked you up the other day and carried you that was because any undue movement, including walking, might have opened your wound again. I don't do things like that for no reason Dexter I am merely looking out for you and everyone else." He spoke to the man.

"After the way I yelled at Evie they're probably scared I'll shoot them if they try and talk to me." He smirked, rubbing a hand over his stubble laden cheek. The prospect didn't bother him in the least. Hero pressed against his legs and Dex glanced down, noting the dog's agitated state. "We should get moving." He said quietly. "To... the hotel, I guess." The smirk fell from his face as he found himself agreeing with Otto. He truly was in no state to walk all the way to the hospital, and was willing to admit that at this point, if only to himself. "But I think you should take the doctor with you, to the hospital. It's not as easy as writing a list. By now, it will probably have been rummaged through by many hands, and you'll be picking through scraps. Finding things specific will be hard if you don't have someone on hand who will recognize what you're picking up on site."

"Well first we need to get the others, and I doubt they are scared of you - maybe Hero but you ain't much to be scared of." Otto said with humor in his voice, making a joke at Dexter's expense to lighten the mood a little. "We will see what the doctor says himself, he might not want to leave his sister." Otto spoke, not too sure about either Toby or Bobbie.

After a moment, Dexter nodded. "Alright." He took a step back towards the Sci-Port. He needed to sit back down, maybe find something to use as some sort of crutch for the next time they left, since walking proved to be more of a challenge than he'd originally anticipated. The two of them walked back towards the door, albeit more slowly than ideal. Hero followed them closely, still anxious at being out in the open, until they were in the Sci-Port once more and the door shut behind them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Items: 4
.50 Cal Desert Eagle (no rounds)
Glock G29 (13 loaded + 35 boxed)
Hunting Knife, with sheath
Bottle of Meperidine (13 pills)
Food: none
Water: none

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio, Ringo

Given that he hadn't killed her the moment the door wasn't an obstacle, he couldn't be all bad. Still, she needed to be cautious. The apology didn't go amiss, causing her to smile in acknowledgement.

"I'll lead but follow a distance behind me. I just hope your good with your gun," he said, causing her to arch an eyebrow at him.

"And you're intending to shoot the infected?" she asked, cockily. She'd been terrified, fuelled by adrenaline for the past few days. Encounter after encounter with other humans had pushed her to her emotional limits and it was starting to show. However, if there was one topic that she was highly confident in - it was the infected. Even if she wasn't confident in the topic, she at the very least needed to keep up the charade that she was strong and confident. Weakness was not something that one could easily show to another. Doing so could get you killed. "I mean, if you want to fight the whole neighbourhood's worth of zombies then... well, sure, that sounds like a good plan!" Grabbing her bow and arrow, she slung the quiver over her back, leaving her jacket in the room, and held her bow in her hands. She followed him to the stairs, waiting for him to head down.​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Bobbie's Gun

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: JJ
Cecilio & Ringo
b279110537109996be51a2f5a9dc7654.png
57292e687613d85cd4c1778558580de4.png
Interactions: Evie @VengefulPeanut

Cecilio just loaded his rifle when Evie asked, "And you're intending to shoot the infected?" and then when she added, "I mean, if you want to fight the whole neighborhoods worth of zombies then... well, sure, that sounds like a good plan!" It made Cecilio reconsider his course of action. He slung his rifle over his shoulder once more and pulled out the crowbar that hung from the side of his pack. "Well now that you bring it up i might as well just make sure we don't alert anyone else..."he said as he walked in front of her slowly descending the steps.

He gripped the crowbar in his hands firmly as he approached the reception area and carefully peered in "Well there's just one guest probably made their way in after us. If you've got a weak stomach I'd suggest looking away." He whispered looking to her lowering his face shield. He did wish he had a bladed weapon rather than a blunt one but regardless it'd get the job done. He carefully moved towards the infected and minded his steps before he raised the crowbar and brought it down on the infected individuals skull. The hit perfect and the skull caving like an egg with minimal noise.

He looked over the infected and fathomed what he could about them and it seemed to be that of a raider give the camouflage clothing and rather fresh looking appearance to it. "Fresh...either that or somewhat new." He murmured. He hesitantly opened the small pack on it's back hoping there were some goodies inside and surprisingly there were. Mostly just 2 bottles of pain killers and a small pistol with 3 magazines of ammo. He took the pistol in his bag and the pills before making his way back to the stairs and to Evie "Lets get the hell out of here." He said preferring to be upstairs now that the threat was gone.
--------------------------
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
4x Rifle Magazines (4 loaded)
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
3x Pistol Magazines (3 loaded)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
2x Bottles of painkillers

1x 7 string acoustic guitar
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)
1x Pistol (unknown model)
3x Loaded Magazines

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio

Evie nodded in appreciation that he'd chosen to take her advice. Yet, she arched her brow at his phrasing. Was he intending to take on whatever was in the reception alone, regardless of what it was. Knocking an arrow against the side of her bow, she slowly descended the stairs, feet as light as feathers and breathing slowly and controlled.

"Well there's just one guest probably made their way in after us. If you've got a weak stomach I'd suggest looking away," he informed her. She frowned slightly, rolling her eyes at him as he turned away. Replacing the arrow back into her quiver, she folded her arms and cocked her head to the side watching him deal with the infected. Thinning her lips as he'd decided to simply loot the corpse without discussing his find with her, she sighed audibly as he returned.

"You're going to need to move him," she said, pointing to the recently-deceased creature's corpse. "If he stinks the whole place out, we'll be swarmed by rats, wild dogs and god knows what else before you can even say 'macho-man'..." she said in a slightly snippy tone. What had gotten into her? She'd never been passive aggressive with people before. She'd always being damagingly meek in her imposing upon people if anything. Had surviving alone really changed her that much? "I mean, I'd do it but I did the last two I killed here." She made sure to put emphasis on that last part. She didn't want him taking her for being a weak, helpless girl. One, for her own self respect and, two, for whether or not it crossed his mind to try anything. She needed him to at least think that's she'd have a pretty good shot at killing him if she wished it.

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Hunting Knife
- Blanket
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Bobbie's P99 (4 rounds)

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

• Love
Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Evie @VengefulPeanut

"You're going to need to move him, If he stinks the whole place out, we'll be swarmed by rats, wild dogs and god knows what else before you can even say 'macho-man'..." He nodded taking it more as of 'This was her house and her rules.' "Well I'll get him out of here but take this please." He said giving her the pistol her found after giving it a small look over confirming it was a Makarov or some copy of it at least. "I saw you didn't take any other mags from your room and i'd prefer to know you got bullets." He said offering the small hand gun to her "You got 10 shots and 3 reloads." He informed her taking a look at the magazines as well. While it seemed foolish Cecilio felt he could put trust in Evie and not have to worry about her trying anything.

Cecilio noted when she said "I mean, I'd do it but I did the last two I killed here." He did agree it wasn't fair or polite to be a guest and just stroll in and leave a mess. "Alright then hold on." He said as he sleuths away again. He got the dead infect by the arms and started to drag it to the back. He left ftom Evies view for a few moments and returned dusting himself off and heading back to the stairs. "There all gone. Lets go and keep that pistol. I'm not going to need it."

He looked behind him one last time more wary of the door that was held shut by a mere bar between it's handles though it wasn't like much could be done now. He did feel at least some sort of barricading could be done on the stairs as well but he wasn't going to fuss over it at this moment.
Inventory
1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

Name
Sgt. Marcus Pearce

Notable Interactions/Mentions
@Dakota K5(Otto) @JJ(Dexter)

At least that previously ensuing insanity had passed, now though he found himself with strangers, people he hadn't even known personally or been familiar with. This was nothing like being with his brothers at all, at least even if they were complete randoms he had an idea of how to speak with him. Thrusting himself into such a foreign environment was actually kind of scary, talking with people wasn't much his forte anymore. As much of a social outcast as he was, Marcus sat by himself, throwing out occasional glances as he set his gear down, pulling off his chest rig and weapon.

His eyes shifted to the figure of Otto when he'd returned, it had been two days, Marcus had actually been positive he'd died somewhere along the way but as it seemed he didn't. Marcus' eyes scanned over the close quarters weapon in the man's hand, a nice find if he did say so himself. But it wasn't like shotguns were his style anyway, the mossberg 500s were never his favorite thing to get issued for anything. Aside from that he watched Otto hand out goodies as he started packing his ruck, getting everything buckled down and ready to go.

The soldier's eyes narrowed just a hair, did he just get volunteered for something without his say? Sure he was going to go but he wasn't going to put up with someone who thought they could bark orders after playing lone survivor for two days. The physical specimen that was Marcus stood up with crossed arms, his pectoral muscles and biceps flexing beyond his control really. A small smirk a shaped on his lips as Dexter spoke up. "He's kind of right you know, leaders don't exactly run off alone." Marcus spoke up, he wasn't very much one to talk, more of a silent leader really but he felt the need to say something at least.

But before he could continue on anymore, Dexter headed outside with Otto in tow, possibly to apologize. Either way, getting supplies for the long run didn't seem like a bad idea, even when he could only imagine the dangers. He would've appreciated a brief or something. "Amazing, now I'm thinking like an officer." He mentally face-palmed at his own thoughts as he got ready, before Otto and Dexter had returned, Marcus pulled on his chest rig and slung his weapon around him. He took the liberty to load in a mag, if they were going on a mission, he was going to damn well treat it like one. "I think we should at least get the majority of the group to a safer location before we go get supplies from anywhere." Marcus spoke out to Otto, hoping he'd listen and consider it.​

• Love
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Cecilio

"Well I'll get him out of here but take this please," Cecilio said, approaching her with the offer of the pistol that he looted from the infected. She arched a brow at him in confusion for a moment. Why was he being so overbearingly nice? Is this how it felt when she was trying to be friendly to new people? Is this how she made other people feel? "I saw you didn't take any other mags from your room and I'd prefer to know you got bullets."

That's cause I don't have any more magazines, she thought to herself. The man moved away for a moment, disposing of the body outside before returning. In the time he was gone, Evie fiddled with the bar that lay across the door, pulling it gently to test its stability. "Huh... the power of a steel bar..." she mumbled. "Note to self: acquire steel bar as weapon."

"There all gone. Lets go and keep that pistol. I'm not going to need it," Cecilio announced as he returned to the room. With the business resolved downstairs, there was no reason to dally. Yet, Evie held her position, her eyes flicking repetitively between him and the keystand for a while.

"How long are you planning on staying?" Evie asked, bluntly, her gaze fully returning to the armour-clad man. Wow, way to be impolite, bitch, she scoulded herself mentally. Still it did beg the question of what his intentions actually were. Surely he didn't just turn up to knock on the door, say hello and then be on his way.​

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)
- Makarov PMM (4x 10rnd 9mm Magazines)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

• Love
Interactions: Otto, Tyrese, Bobbie, Marcus, Tommy, Evie [collab post w/ @Dakota K5 & @VengefulPeanut]
Mentions: Cecilio

Dexter passed Tyrese as he limped towards the group, patting the man on the shoulder with an appreciative smile. He hadn't expected Tyrese to follow him, but the gesture touched him, and he found himself with a newfound affection for the large man. Standing before the fire, he adjusted so that his weight was settled on his uninjured side. Sitting would be nice, but he couldn't sit for this. "Otto and I had some... things to discuss." He said slowly, looking around the group and meeting everyone's eyes in turn. "After some deliberation, we've decided that it would be most beneficial for the group if we split up."

He awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "The more... athletically inclined of us will go to the hospital, to scavenge for supplies. And everyone else will shelter at the hotel up the road."

Otto nodded at Dexter's words, also nodding at Marcus's words. "We will split after getting to the hotel as Marcus suggested, before I was cut off from getting back here I found evidence that Evie might be holed up at a Best Western hotel just up the road. We get there then split, a small team will go to the hospital to get what ever we might need." The unspoken words about Dex's infection were there but remained silent. "Marcus, Tyrese and myself will be going to the hospital, unless Tyrese or Marcus have an objection to this." Otto let the words hang in the air, he doubted Marcus or Tyrese would decline both for different reasons but all the same... "Dexter what do you think?" He asked the limping man.

"Certainly the most capable of us." He agreed, and the words stung even though he was the one saying them. "Toby," he added, addressing the doctor with a nod. "If you'd like to go, and lend your medical knowledge, that's fine as well. If not, a list will do. Anything that we could use. Now, or in the future." His eyes flicked to Bobbie, now addressing her. "But it would be best if you stayed." The fewer people the group had to defend on the supply run, the better. He let this hang over the group for a few moments, and when there were no objections he continued. "Well. If everyone is ready, we should get going. We've stayed here far longer than intended, and far longer than is smart. That is mostly my fault, and I apologize, but it's time to go."

"Marcus, Tyrese hang back with the group. I'll take point." Otto said as he made his way out the door of the Sci-Port, scanning the area for any infected also using the binoculars to look up the street and finding nothing. He motioned for the group to make it out the door and get to where he was before he looked back to the group. Dexter brought up the rear, leaning on a pipe he'd picked up from a pile of a debris in the dining room - not because he wanted to but because he was slow as all hell. "Alright Imma move about thirty yards towards the hotel, I'll make sure no threats are near then I will motion for you all to follow. We'll keep doing this leap frog until we get to the hotel alright?" He looked at the faces of every person to make sure they understood what was happening, he turned around and made his way up the street again and repeated the process.

It was slow going, even with Dexter pushing himself to keep up. The group moved toward the Best Western, meeting no immediate threats. The horde that had been here preventing Otto's return had dispersed. Hero stuck close to Dexter's heels, head low and hackles raised. Something was off, and was making the dog nervous, but though Dexter noticed, he said nothing. He'd mention it once they got to safety, or if it became relevant. For now his main concern was getting to that hotel before he fell over.

They were close now, just one more 'leap' and they would be at the main door of the hotel and able to swing around to the back if needed. Otto ran up to the wall around the hotel and did the same as before and scanned the area and again found nothing. "Don't like that." He said under his breath to himself, he montioned for the others to move up as he went to the front door. "Maybe Evie will hear us." He thought as he went to the blocked front door and tapped it with his club to get some attention, hopefully from Evie and not something hostile.

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Bottle of Meperidine (13 pills)

• Love
Reactions: Blythe
4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Everyone (Collab Post with JJ and Dakota)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hearing the knocking on the glass of the door, Evie snapped 180 degrees to face the origin of the sound, her pistol barrel trained straight on whatever it could be. Her first through was infected, but when there was nothing immediately visible dribbling on the window pane. She furrowed her brow. Slowly walking back towards something that could be considered cover, her mind raced through all the possibilities. Was the back door shut after Cecilio disposed of the body? Was he involved somehow?

"Who's there?" she called out, her voice audibly muffled by the glass.

"Evie it's Otto... and everybody else." Otto said simply as he watched the others make their way to where he was. "Turns out the Sci-Port ain't the safest place in the world and well... Dexter is kinda in a bad way." He paused for a moment. "His wound got infected and we need a safer place to lay up, I and two others were gonna go to the local hospital and get something for him, we'll leave after that." Otto finished, figuring Evie had decided on heading off without them. "Dexter's here too if you want to talk to him." He said as he motioned for Dexter to talk, but Dexter shook his head and stepped back, leaning heavily on his pipe-cane. He was probably the last person Evie wanted to talk to.

"Otto?" Evie asked, frown lines across her forehead as she tried to process the masses of muffled, partially audible information he had relayed through the door. "Wait... look, slow down. I'll get the door." Leaving her position of cover, she glanced to Cecilio a moment to see how he was reacting. "It's fine. I know them," she assured, before removing the bar that was wedged across the door. Stepping out, she checked on Dex's condition, not that she knew what she was looking for. "What's that smell?" she asked, curiously as she scrunched up her nose.

"His wound is infected, we need to get some antibiotics or he'll die." Otto was matter of fact about the situation.

"How very dramatic!" Evie commented, nodding her head in acknowledgement. Dexter rolled his eyes at the pair of them, offering no reply.

"As I said we need a place to stay for a bit that is safer then the Sci-Port, Tyrese, Marcus and I are planning on going to the local hospital to see what we can find. We'll leave once we get that." Otto finished as he made sure everyone made their way inside. He looked at Evie's new companion. "I see you're making your own group." He said as he inclined his head at Cecillio.

"Oh, where are my manners?" Evie said in a rather faux-posh accent. She looked back to Cecilio, gesturing with her hand towards him. "This is... erm... Mr. Riot Gear. Mr. Riot Gear, this is Otto, Dex and..." her train of though ran off as she saw the others that had invaded the Sci-Port a couple of nights previous. "I see they didn't kill you all, then," she said lowly, a slight hint of guilt in her voice.

"Sorry to disappoint." Dexter replied dryly, fixing Cecilio with a harsh, suspicious stare.

"Yeah... well... I guess me saying I'm sorry doesn't cut it," she sighed.

"Can we dance around the sorrow later, Dex is kinda dying and I would rather get the raid on the hospital later. You two can act like two high schoolers later." Otto said as he interupted the two.

"I'm not dying." He said rather grumpily, moving past the rest of them into the hotel, and sitting down slowly in an abandoned office chair that had once sat behind the reception desk. Evie however, took a different approach in the manner of her reaction.

"Yes, sir, Grandad sir!" she saluted with a cheeky smirk on her lips before looking to the others, waiting to see what they had to say.

"Best looking granddad you've ever seen then," Otto replied to Evie, in passing, causing her to thin her lips and stifle a chuckle of pity. "We should probably get going," he said to the others.
tumblr_lxfowtlfNU1r9ihjzo2_250.gif
tumblr_mre9fh1nj51qhen3to1_250.gif
tumblr_inline_nzp0hnLZIF1rfmocr_500.gif

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Name
Sgt. Marcus Pearce

Bounding from Si-Port to Best Western, Shreveport LA

@Dakota K5 (Otto) @RubyRose (Tyrese)

Marcus stood with crossed arms in fron of his weapon, his preffered position with every brief he'd recieved, at least mission oriented anyway. A soft nod had been his only gesture as Otto acknowledged his idea, at least he wasn't so stubborn as to not utilize someone else's input. As the man further itorated and got straight to the second phase of their mission, his eyes scanned around the room, focusing on Tyrese momentarily, he hadn't known much about the man at all, aside from the fact that he had a soft spot for kids by the looks of it. With that he doubted the man would opt out of a supply run especially if he knew the more medical supplies they had, the better chance of little Tommy surviving here.

"Hmmph..." A soft grunt of acknowledgement escaped the young soldier as Otto ordered him once more to provide rear security. So he was going to take point it seemed, surely an individual with some experience on the ground should have been leading the way but he wasn't going to impede this move. From the way Otto explained things, they were going to be bounding, with himself and Tyrese guarding the group by way of designated sectors of fire. Marcus on the far right limit, and Tyrese on the left, or so he'd presumed anyway.

Marcus kept an ever vigilant watch as they halted movement, checking behind him to ensure they were not being followed or about to be attacked by someone as well as something. He'd wait until each of the group had gone past him, moving up just a few meters behind, still at their right, a sort of staggered formation if you will, if it could be disregarded that the group was clustered up anyway. He kept movement until they final got to the hotel, it didn't seem like a bad place to hole up, hopefully there were necessities of course. He knew this was just a drop off point, he had more important things to do than think about how nice a hot shower would be.

Weapons
Silenced/A LVOA-C Rifle
M9 Beretta w/dropleg holster on his left side
Kukri sheathed at his right ankle
7x 30 round magazines of 5.56 NATO (one round chambered with no magazine)
2x 15 round magazines 9mm (1 in the weapon already)

Equipment

Rucksack
Climber's axe
6x MREs(one in the process of being rationed)
2x canteens and one camelback (full of rainwater)
Well protected cigarettes 4 packs(1 in use)
5x lighters
Flashlight
A pocket full of dog tags
Modular chest rig holding his mags​

Reactions: JJ and Blythe
Cecilio & Ringo
Interactions: Evie, Dex, Otto
Locaction: Shreveport, Best Western Lobby
Cecilio instantly switched to his rifle again in a smooth motion soon bring it forward and resting his cheek taking aim though he just as quickly lowered it. When he saw Evie talking to these people he relaxed a little assuming they were a group that got separated or they had some falling out though it didn't matter but what did matter was they weren't shooting at each other. He was a little annoyed when she said "This is... erm... Mr. Riot Gear. Mr. Riot Gear, this is Otto, Dex and..." [BCOLOR=#000000]"It's Cecilio. Jesse if thats more easy for memory." [/BCOLOR]He said as he approached the glass and lifted up his visor.

He was hit by the smell of a pungent wound as well and didn't even seem to flinch at it. When he heard "His wound is infected, we need to get some antibiotics or he'll die." His mind jumped to his Trauma bag which clung tightly to his back. "You guys have the craziest luck you know that? I have whatever you'd need to help your buddy out but I ask you take me along with you to the hospital. It'd help you to have an former paramedic tell you what you'd need and what each med does." He said as he lugged off his bag and set it on the reception counter.

Cecilio just thanked his mind and his experience for his skill with medicine among other things "Plus from the way you guy's sound about it you could use the help and the extra gun." He said whistling. Ringo bounded down the stairs and looked at these new strangers seemingly pouring into the building. "This is my buddy Ringo too and he'll be joining us all today. Not on our trip however." He said calmly as the Shepherds tail wagged excitedly. "Now about the hospital. Are you looking for anything in particular or were you looking for antibiotics for your friend?"

When it came to raiding buildings or just searching them Cecilio definitely had experience when it came down to it. It also made him more comfortable to have a set goal or objective when it came down to doing anything risky. Ringo whined softly wanting to meet all the strangers though he fell silent when Cecilio gently tapped his ear.
Inventory

1x Colt Le901-16s
1x P226 Pistol (9mm)
1x Crowbar
1x Trauma kit
6x MRE's
4x kippered fish tins
5 lb's of dog kibble
Assorted hygiene items
1x Large canteen (Full)

Last edited:
Pb9CZs.jpg

Animal Emergency Clinic → Brentwood Hospital

"Onegaishimasu..." Millie muttered as she rummaged through the remains of her supplies, tearing out bottles of pills until she finally found a bar of granola. Her food was running low and she knew she wouldn't be able to stick around inside the veterinary practice for much longer, not without starving. Her work placement had been some form of safe haven from the infected - since most of the animals in care weren't affected by the parasite. She'd been looking for supplies when the place became surrounded and had locked herself in with what little preparations she had. For a smart girl, she hadn't been the best equipped.

Before she could stop herself, she had devoured the snack in a few hasty bites and whimpered as the crumbs spilled onto the floor. "Fuck." There was some kind of bitter sweetness to the flakes of oats that had scattered across the floor, a sort of 'fuck you' to Millie's delusion of security in her haven. Like the oats, her mind had been discarded and muddled, wasted when they were her only method of true survival. Without her smarts, she was a canoe without a paddle.

"Get it together... You need to leave at some point... Isn't that right, Ekans?" She glanced over at the milk snake that had been a resident at the center. It was one of the many animals that had been at the vets when the apocalypse broke out but it was the one Millie had found herself growing attached to. It was a small creature, harmless but easily confused for it's venomous look-a-like, the coral snake. While the center had housed mammals, they had been taken care of by many of the reptiles. At some point, Millie had allowed a rattlesnake loose in order to finish off the smaller mammals that she hadn't been able to put down before they escaped. Even though she'd put herself at risk, she knew the snake was a far safer bet than diseased mammals. It had taken her a day or two to fully realise that only mammals were affected, since they had been the ones to turn while the reptiles, birds and amphibians remained true to their nature. Every once and while the snake would rattle and Millie would make sure her pack was close at her side. It contained vials of anti-venom, tranquilizers and various remedies that could either cure or put down a creature. The only weapons she had. Aside from the small pocket knife and surgical equipment she retrieved.

Millie stood up from her seat on the floor, moving over to the container for her precious Ekans. "Konnichiwa, Ekans... Time to leave, mind if I take you along for the ride?" With a smile, she allowed the snake to wrap itself around her wrist as she lifted it from the plastic box. It flickered its' tongue and raised its' head, clearly not understanding but showing some vague interest in the giant human. "That's the closest I'm gonna get to a yes."

Packing up her things, Millie slipped Ekans into her shirt pocket and checked the doors were clear of infected. Occasionally she had witnessed them walking around outside, slamming their heads into the glass doors before losing interest. The storm had caused the majority of them to scatter beneath shelter, leaving the roads mostly clear. With the rain finally easing, there was no better time but now to make a break for the next destination on her list. The hospital - she assumed - would have a more sustainable source of comfort and food. Not to mention would be big enough to potential home more than herself. The apocalypse had left her alone for months and part of her craved human contact.

Within a few moments, she found herself pushing open the doors of the center, making a cautious move out into the street and heading towards the hospital.

Last edited:
Cecilio & Dexter
Interaction: Dexter @JJ

"Anything we can use..." Dexter murmured at Cecilio's question, though his eyes were on the bag that the man pulled off his back. He was suspicious by nature, and it just seemed too good to be true that some random stray Evie brought home would have exactly the sort of supplies that they were in need of.

Cecilio looked a little more focused on the bag as he sifted through what supplies he had within. From what was visible from where Dexter sat there was an abundance of items ranging from bandages to peroxide and everything else in between. "Not allergic to penicillin or anything else like that?" He asked as he took out a tab of antibiotics.

"No. No I'm not allergic to anything." He replied, leaning back in the chair with a pained grunt. "You said your name was Jesse? You were a paramedic?"

"Was for a while after i finished community college. Still know all the ins and outs however. You cleaned your wound recently or is the smell just a new thing?" He asked approaching most of his medical training and gurney-side manner returning again. "Also sorry if this is a lot of talking for you to deal with just a sort of thing that got drilled into my brain."

"Haven't been able to clean it, no." Dexter admitted. Otto had taken the only first-aid kit he knew about when he chased after Evie, and the initial bandages hadn't been removed since they'd been put on. "It's been stitched." His gaze flicked to Toby, followed by a tilt of the chin directing Cecilio's attention towards the doctor. "Says he's got medical training too."

"Hmmm... oh and yeah the name's Jesse, or Cecilio, whatever works for you. Sorry I'm just a little more focused. It seems like your wound needed to breathe a little but the lack of cleaning is what got you." He handed Dex the tabs. "Take one of these for the time being. I'd suggest if you have any ibuprofen or antihistimine painkillers, then take them as well as it'll help the pain and reduce swelling."

"No ibuprofen," Dexter shook his head. If he'd had any it would have been gone long before now. Brow furrowed as he remembered the prescription bottle he'd found in the glove box of a car weeks ago. It had been sitting in his bag all this time. Sliding it off and unzipping the top, Dex rifled through the bag until he found the bottle nestled at the bottom amid a scattering of granola bar wrappers he'd yet to throw away. Glancing at the label once more, he tossed them to the paramedic.

Cecilio caught the bottle and examined it before popping the safety top open and examining a pill. "Well, they're in date and still good for painkillers. Take one full every four hours it says. I'd suggest just taking half a pill for the time being alright? Other than having to clean your wound out I'd say you're going to come out of this right as rain."

"Paink-" Dexter faltered before he finished the word, reaching up to snag the bottle as it was thrown back. "You mean to tell me I've been walking around with prescription painkillers this entire time?" The words were whispered at himself, almost angrily. Ignoring Cecilio's suggestion, he twisted the top off the bottle and took both the antibiotic and the painkiller at the same time with the rest of the water from Otto's canteen. He was tempted to take two, but wanted a clear head for the time being. "Thanks." He grunted, pocketing the bottle and leaning back in the chair again, eyes closed and waiting for the bliss to take over. He waved a hand in Otto's general direction without opening his eyes. "I like him. Take him with you and don't let him die."

Cecilio was a little surprised to hear what Dexter said but didn't make too much of a big deal about it. "So do you have any familiarity with the hospital or are we going in blind?" He asked the group, slightly concerned. If they were going in and knew nothing of the hospital he would advise they attempt to find the pharmacy first if possible. "There's also a possibility we might run into someone other than infected." He noted as medical supplies were the equivalent of currency at this point and raiders didn't like to share.

Reactions: Blythe and JJ

Interactions: Otto (@Dakota K5), Dexter (@JJ)
Mentioned: Toby & Bobbie (@MaryGold )

Action. Perfect. Tyrese was an action kind of man. Of course Dexter's 'I need air' felt a bit like a brush off but what was Tyrese expecting? He wasn't the type to talk or convince... at least he tried. He still wasn't entirely happy with the situation, though. I'm going to be pissed if I end up on my own again. He thought darkly, trying not to just glare at the world. He didn't want to scare the others off in case Otto and Dexter split off and went their own ways. Who will I go with if that's the case?

Tyrese, thankfully, didn't have to decide right then when Dexter came back in to say they were following Otto's plan. He still wasn't happy going to a hospital... but he had a beautiful new gun and he'd be lying if he said he wasn't itching to try it out. He'd gotten his hands on shotguns before, and used them in the line of duty, but hand guns were most common in such work. At least with who Tyrese had worked for. The man had preferred his body guards not be terribly heavily armed.

Big T followed the plan easily enough, he did as told like he was good at doing. His shoulders sagged a bit when they met up with Evie again, and she of course had a snide comment about their survival. He didn't say anything though. Momma said if you don't have nothin' nice to say, better not be saying anything at all. Then again, the new guys mention of the hospital opened up a comment from Tyrese.

"Otto, you were saying there was something about the hospital that made a difference. Now the little I know about apocalypses from what my son was into, hospitals were the last place you wanna go. Are you sure there ain't no other place we can get what we need?" He pressed, the shotgun locked and loaded in his hands and a more then weary expression in place.
---
Backpack:
Ziplock bag of ammo and small metal loader (22 bullets)
Bundle of rope (approx. 30 ft long)
Teddy Bear (belonged to his youngest son)
Keychain (his and his wives wedding rings, as well as pictures of his wife and kids in small plastic covers, and a multi-purpose tool)

On Person:
Machete with a sheath that connects to his belt on his left hip
Walther P99 AS (9mm pistol;Two Stocked Magazines, one loaded and one in his pocket; 15 rounds per Magazine)
Mossberg 590a1 (shotgun- 6 shot, 100 shotgun shells)

Food: 2 bags of Beef Jerky (he's been rationing it very carefully)

Water: Plastic Sports Waterbottle (half full)

B O B B I E & T O B Y

Mentions: Cecilio @Derp | Dex @JJ
Interactions: Tyrese @RubyRose | Evie @VengefulPeanut

"I think they could do it." Bobbie inputted. She had remained quiet and silently agreed to everything so far. There really wasn't much for her to say about anything.

And though she would have preferred to go out with them to the hospital, because it felt a hell of a lot more productive than sitting in the hotel. However, she didn't have a weapon, not even a small one, and it annoyed her beyond belief. She had never been so defenseless in her apocalyptic life before.

She would be lying if she said she wasn't jealous of the giant - Tyrese, with that shotgun in his hands. She had held and used shotguns so many times before. It brought back memories of her father, how she, he, and Toby used to go hunting. Of course, at the time she thought it was incredibly retarded that a father would teach their daughter to use a gun at a young and innocent age. Who would have known it would be so incredibly handy?

"Naturally it's not the most brilliant idea, but they can do it. Many people have and still do it. They just need to take a small group, be cautious, stick together and watch each other's backs." She shrugged her shoulders as if it was the simplest thing in the word. Which, obviously, it wasn't.

But she had seen people do it before and she had been one of those people to do it. "Patently, I and Toby will stay behind, and I do think the trip will be double faster with the ex-paramedic guy, Cecilio."

If he was really a paramedic post-apocalyptic, and it looked to be the case, from the way Toby watched him look over Dex's wound and nod his head as if agreeing with him on something. Then he wouldn't just know the types of medicines they'd need and want, but he would know his way around a hospital. Sure, her brother knew this stuff, but there was no way she'd let him separate from her. She still had yet to really warm up yet alone put her full, or even half, trust in these people.

With that said, she brushed her bangs out of her face and approached the red-haired woman, Evie. "Before you go, I want my gun back. I need it."

tenor.gif

Petrie

[BCOLOR=#000000]Location: Best western, Shreveport [/BCOLOR]
Mentions: Beatrix

"Goddamn it." Petrie cursed as he gave the door a final push, attempting to wrench it open. He had been exploring a hospital in the town he found himself in. Trying to find antibiotics for a cut he gained climbing through the window of an abandoned house he was taking shelter in. Unfortunately his luck kicked in and while searching through a room with promise something fell and blocked the door. Managing to lock him in.
At least I got the medicine I needed. So I know I won't die from infection. Just a slow agonizing death from starvation and dehydration once my food and water supply runs out. Collapsing against the door he slumped to the floor and began digging through the bag of things he had managed to find. Grabbing the pain killers, antibiotics, and bandages he began the process of wrapping up the cut that ran down his left side. Shrugging his shirt off he began pouring the peroxide over the wound and hissed. Fuck that hurts! Grabbing the bandages he shifted forward slightly and began dressing the cut. He winced as the cut got irritated but sighed with relief when he was done. Leaning back against the door he looked up at the ceiling wondering what to do next. This room has no windows and of course the ceilings are to high up to reach the vent. I guess I could try using the bed to slam into the door. If I can break it then I'm home free. Though the noise might attract some monsters that will finish me off. But hey, there's a chance the won't!
Plan in mind he climbed to his feet and limped for the bed on wheels with a heavy metal frame. Twix will kill me if she finds out I got all the way here only to die because of bad luck. Lord knows the girl is already angry it's taken me so long to track her and the group she's with this far.

---
Backpack:
A box of amo
A pack of matches
Keychain (Has a multi purpose tool, his keys, a lighter, and a bottle opener)
Medicine (a roll of bandages, 2x bottles of antibiotics, and 1x bottle of pain killers)
Deodorant
Wet wipes
Flashlight

On Person:
.22 handgun
A bat

Food:
3 beef jerky sticks
Two cans of food
Chex mix

Water:
A large Canteen (half full)​

4nAuzQs.jpg

Interactions: Bobbie, Dickster (ディックスタ・エターナル), Otto.

Evie's eyes slowly fell on Bobbie as she approached. Here we go, she thought to herself cynically. In truth, Evie still didn't know if she could trust the short-haired girl. Sure, mistakes are easily made under pressure. She'd made a lot of them. But the way Bobbie showed nothing in the way of remorse for her shooting of Dex left an uneasy feeling in Evie's gut.

"Before you go, I want my gun back. I need it," she said, causing Evie to furrow her a brow a little in confusion.

"Erm... I'm not invited to the hospital party. Big boys only," she quipped, placing the makarov in her pocket. She let the comment hang for a moment, placing her hands on her hips before sighing loudly. "Look, your gun's upstairs, in my room. We can get it when we take Dexter up." She softened her expression, looking to Otto. "Well, make sure to take care. I sort of... in a way... maybe... teeny weenily wrote you off for dead already. Don't make me do it twice. You still owe me that big, emotional talk of the past," she smiled. "Any question I want answered was the deal, right?"

Without even asking for permission or invitation, she patted him on the arm before turning her attention to Dexter who had found a comfortable spot in the reception area. "Come on, grumpy," she spoke aloud, heading over to him. "Let's find you a nice room with an ample view of the apocalypse." She extended out her hand, offering him to take it so she could help him up the stairs.​

On Person (Evie):
- Hunting Knife
- Bow (6 arrows)

Backpack (Evie):
Items (3):
- Blanket

Water (2):
- Canteen (80%)
- Bottled Water x2

Food (1):
- Tinned food x4

Outfit:

[spoili]

LV5rtu9.jpg

[/spoili]​

Name
Sgt. Marcus Pearce

Bounding from Si-Port to Best Western, Shreveport LA

@VengefulPeanut @JJ @RubyRose @Derp

Marcus had been busily sighting his weapon until he had heard Evie's smart mouthed comment. Now it wasn't because she was a woman or anything, these were just the most physically able individuals they had at the moment, no more, no less. "That's the way it seems doesn't it? No offense but we don't need someone freaking out and then running out on the team when the going gets rough." Marcus stated bluntly, he wasn't very much trying to be rude but they really didn't need Evie losing her shit again and finding the nearest exit.

He released his weapon and withdrew his Beretta, dropping the magazine and flipping the selector switch up for safe, racking a round before holstering it once more. His eyes then focused on Otto for a moment, he was wondering if the man was ready to head out or not. "Is everyone on this recovery operation retcon one and ready to sp?" He asked, pausing for a moment, remembering that all of these individuals weren't soldier. "I mean, does everyone have what they need before we head out." He spoke, feeling kind of silly as his eyes skipped from Tyrese, to Cecilio, and then back to Otto.

Weapons
Silenced/A LVOA-C Rifle
M9 Beretta w/dropleg holster on his left side
Kukri sheathed at his right ankle
7x 30 round magazines of 5.56 NATO (one round chambered with no magazine)
2x 15 round magazines 9mm (1 in the weapon already)

Equipment
Rucksack
Climber's axe
6x MREs(one in the process of being rationed)
2x canteens and one camelback (full of rainwater)
Well protected cigarettes 4 packs(1 in use)
5x lighters
Flashlight
A pocket full of dog tags
Modular chest rig holding his mags

Interactions: Evie, Bobbie
Mentions: n/a

So many words around him, but Dexter didn't open his eyes until it was Evie's voice, standing directly above him. He stared up at her with a frown etched on his face. He'd just gotten comfortable, why make him get up now? A bed did sound nice though, considering he'd been sleeping on the cold floor of the Sci-Port for damn near a week. Gaze moved to her hand, and he deliberated for a moment as to whether she'd actually be able to pull him up before he relented and took hold, hauling himself to his feet with her assistance. She was stronger than she looked - probably had something to do with the bow training. Did it take a lot of strength to fire a bow? He wasn't sure, he'd never bothered to try. Guns were much more effective at killing things.

The conversation between the two girls had not escaped his attention though at the time he hadn't bothered to comment. Now that he was forced to be up and about, though, he didn't hold his tongue. The painkiller hadn't kicked in yet, so he had a grimace on his face when he twisted to face Bobbie, pointing a finger at her aggressively with a dark look on his face. "I don't think you need a gun." He growled. "Obviously you don't know when to not pull the fucking trigger." He steadied himself with a hand on Evie's shoulder, turning away from Bobbie though his instincts told him to do exactly the opposite. "Ready when you are, boss lady." He told Evie, a mixture of weariness and sarcasm in his tone.

BACKPACK (DEXTER):
Bottle of Meperidine (12 pills)
Bottle of Penicillin (13 pills)
Otto's Canteen (empty)

Otto Williams
[spoili]
b929107246ce0b2b8adab10e040a75f0.png
[/spoili]

Interaction: Evie, Cecilio, Marcus and Tyrese
-

"This ain't a movie or game Tyrese, you know better then that. If there was somewhere else I would be all for it but as far as I am aware that hospital is our only source." He paused then looked at Cecilio up and down. "You'll do." He said giving his approval. "Don't worry Evie, i'm much harder to kill then I look and yes that was the deal, any question." He spoke to the read head with a smile before he heard Marcus speaking then correcting himself because in his eyes they were all civilians Otto would laugh if the situation was different, he wondered if Marcus was aware of his past like Dexter was. "All three of us have training Marcus, Tyrese is a former body guard, Ceclilo I am assuming is former law enforcement or security and i'm former military" He said pointing to Tyrese, Cecilio and himself respectively. "Don't worry, we all have this." He spoke, it wasn't hard to see that Marcus was a tad uncomfortable when he had taken the lead to the hotel or when he had returned back at the Sci-Port. Otto would rather Marcus at least know they were all competent so he could ease himself into working with them a bit easier.
----
Backpack:
30-06 x 180 (18 boxes)
First aid x1 (partial)
Rifle cleaning kit x1
On person:
Canteen x1 (0/4 full) ((In Dexter's possession))
30-06 rounds x20 (Five in rifle, 15 ready to load)
1903A3 Springfield
Wooden club x1

Status
Not open for further replies.