Quest Online Description/Character Sheets (Sword Art Online Inspired RP)

Re: Sword Art Online Inspired RP (Interest Check Not Detailed)

Exactly. Those who has medicine, well.. it's their field.

And As main cities, would have Shops for everything else, Why not implement it?

As for those who can't cook, they can buy food.

Those who can't smith/Enchant, they can see the NPC Blacksmith/Weapon Shop.

Those who can't heal: Either There is a hospital, either it's Auto-done Upon entering.

For those Who can't mine, Well, I don't expect a mine shop, BUT, Players can set their own shops too.

Well, medicine does not involve potion. I meant Medicine skills for true medical attention.

Besides, Guilds have no use than being a bunch of people. They could trade and sell to each other Anyway, so, Player shops in the main city?

And Can you explain the goal of the elemental props, and how they're used? Does it work for generally each swing? Or it's continuously on? What is the extent of the Rank A enchantment, and a Rank F enchantment?

I wanted to do the potions because obviously it will be important for healing potions and what not, maybe even like stamina, (Not ingame stamina I mean like makes you not as tired stamina potions) I want there to be lots of kinds of potions for different things during battle and off battle. Tensa really said it Fun, I mean thats basically what that stuff is meant for. Its so not everyone is great at everything. you have to go to people for super quality items, or for pots or whatever have you.

As for the Element enchantments on the weapons or armor. Ill explain it like this.

Armor/Wardrobe~ Rank F will be like maybe.. defends against.. like 5% of whatever element, or for like wind it makes the armor a little lighter to move around in, or clothes your faster. Light will have an effect that makes it where undead touching you will like hurt them somewhat. Negation of course will decide how much of an enemies element you negate when attack. (My Opinion its the most useful) Thats how Armor and clothes and such will work when enchanted.

At Rank A its all of that but ungodly more effective. Now with negation Armor you are pretty much stopping ALL Elemental effects from hitting you. or fire, or ice or whatever. If you have Rank A Wind enchantment and you are using ridiculously huge armor you are moving prolly as fast with it as a guy in clothes. Light enchantment Rank A. lol undead monsters are getting like blasted away from you when they touch your armor. XD

Weapons~ Its a very similar thing as the armor. Like I said. but to answer your base question. It will be upon swing, the weapons will glow a respective aura color when swung. Theres no limit it is a constant effect when swinging.
Color Code~
Red~ Fire
Blue~ Ice
Purple~ Lightning
White~ Wind
Yellow~ Light
Black~ Negation (Will appear like mist)

Anyways Rank F will only do like 5% lets say Fire Damage along with the normal attack damage, it casts the fire damage when clashing with weapons too, so someone with awesome enchanted weapons vs someone with not enchanted weapons has an advantage obviously. Where as Rank A. you are doing like 80% Fire damage or so.. Which will cause burn damage like actually being set on fire. Hitting with ice will slow your opponent down and or freeze them/ Paralyze them. Wind just adds a super boost to your swing, and gives your weapon an extra length of aura that is hardly visible since its white. Light will like disintegrate undead creatures. Lightning will shock the hell out of your opponent and is the most dangerous when clashing weapons.. because it still does direct damage and ignore blocking, its one of those you HAVE to dodge. Negation.. well.. when it hits a weapon at full power that weapon loses its element for a short time.

Does that kind of cover it?

It Covers about it. X3

Fatality.

What do you mean exactly by Fatality?

I must say, we're all getting rather technical here with stats and whatnot. I mean, even if we don't explicitly go by points or stats, can we still not...er...pretend they exist? I guess I'm still rather lost on how closely we are all going to be DM'd when the roleplay actually starts.

And I guess I can only go along with what the DM says about the life skills. I mean, looking at SOA, Asuna was very competent at cooking (she had the skill very high midway through the game) and Kirito had a number of combat skills maximized other than his sword-fighting (he had unarmed combat maxed) as well as passive skills like listening and other such things. I've just played a number of MMOs, so I've found you can be a competent fighter while simultaneously being able to craft objects of high caliber (though usually only in one or two categories since farming is usually a pain), but I suppose that's just me, so I'll quietly back down on most of my issues. x3

My two cents on weapons and their damage and what's considered a kill and how to measure kills: SOA used hit points and meter bars. If we're not going to be technical about one hit doing XXX amount of damage, we can always just roleplay it out. Of note is that this roleplay is taking place in an MMO--a video game. Most video games (especially those geared towards the masses) tend to not use excessive violence and gore. SOA provides an example of usually fatal blows (a severed arm) being repaired through the use of a healing potion.

Are we allowed multiple characters?

ETA: I'm well aware of player shops and whatnot in regular games--which is what Tensa was describing, I believe. I've played and beta tested far too many MMOs to not know. x3 I just wanted to point out that multidisciplinary characters and farmers (those who collect raw materials) are very much possible, as are crafters (smiths, herbalists, alchemists) who have high abilities to acquire rare items (metals, herbs, wood, whatever is required for the game).

Fun~ I understand what you're saying as far as being competent in both combat and life skills, if youw ant to run your character that way, then I say great. Im just saying, Alright IE: You have been spending even amounts at training with your weapon and cooking, doing both right. Now you are in a duel with me; who had been basically working mY ass of with nothing but my weapon and combat senses. I clearly have an advantage right? It will not decide who wins by any means. and by us taking out the ingame skills Ranks for weapons are mostly just bragging rights. IE: You see someone with title Rank E Sword Blader. You won't look twice normally. However if you see someone with the title. Rank A Sword Blader.. you are going to sweat a little just because it shows that guy obviously fights a lot, he obviously has a lot more experience than you. Its common sense. See its VERY difficult to make a MMO into an rp without using dice rollers, and or some Number generator of sorts, which people have made very apparent they don't want. So this is how I make up for that. I take away the actual ingame skills make it reply on the player doing his own thing. I mean it is Nerve gear, you are supposed to be able to use your neuro sense to control your character so it makes sense it should be realistic in your functions being what you do as a player, and experience gathering just by doing something. Nothing is set in stone with this game, even with ranks. A rank F can still beat a Rank A, but its NOT likely logically speaking due to experience being a factor in favor of the Rank A. you kinda understand what I am saying?

Gore/Blood~ I don't want it, you will lose the part and have a cut in your avatar even if there is not blood it will be shown where you are struck. there will be poison, and bleed damage and stuff like that too as if you were actually fighting real life. the more cuts you have the more tired your avatar will get. something to that extent. So no not excessive gore and blood I assure you.

Um Multiple characters I have NOT decided on yet. I would say its fine personally I don't really mind just be sure to use different color text for each character if you do so. what does everyone else think regarding that.

I think Im getting a lot of great info, Im adding it all and revising everything with whats being said. I would say that this should be ready to start as an actual rp midweek, to late/early weekend. something like that. Please everyone stick with me through this, its a LOT of work charts and all sorts of stuff need to be made.

Dropping in to make a suggestion~ ^^

One of the biggest challenges we'll face in this RP is being able to decide whether enchanting/crafting/blacksmithing/etc will succeed or fail or not, no? And doing a coin flip or dice roll just doesn't cut it, the odds do not fit well for a game-style RP. So here is what I propose, and I am going to use the enchanting system as an example, but really this could be applied to blacksmithing, crafting and all sorts of other things where a character is trying to make or produce an item.

The enchanting system is ranked F-A. Naturally, characters with varying ranks will have a better success rate in enchanting. So what I propose is that we work out charts for the success rates. For EXAMPLE-

Rank F - 30% Chance of Success
Rank E - 40% Chance of Success
Rank D - 50% Chance of Success
Rank C - 65% Chance of Success
Rank B - 80% Chance of Success
Rank A - 95% Chance of Success

Now, naturally, as the levels increase the items that come with each level will become more complex. So take the above chart for example, and apply that to items from levels 1-10. Next we would make a chart for levels 11-20. The odds would be slightly less in favor for the enchanter. EXAMPLE-

Rank F - 25% Chance of Success
Rank E - 35% Chance of Success
Rank D - 45% Chance of Success
Rank C - 60% Chance of Success
Rank B - 75% Chance of Success
Rank A - 90% Chance of Success

We would continue to apply this for the remaining 10-level increments until we have a chart for each. When these charts are decided mutually to be fair for all players, then comes the means with HOW we will decide the final call on whether you succeed or not.

There will be no dice, no coins; instead, I propose we use a website called www.random.org. This website allows you to set a minimum and maximum number count, and then generate a random number between those limits.

v v v Screen-Cap of the Homepage v v v
randomgenerator_zpsc6f89075.png

With this site we will set the limits to be 1-100. Your rank and success rate with decide whether you succeed or not. Therefor, if you are a rank F, you an only succeed in enchanting a level 1-10 item if the random number you generate falls between 1-30. Rank D's will succeed if their randomly generated number falls between 1-40. So on and so forth. With this system we can ensure FAIR chance of succeeding, rather than struggling to have the GM decide whether we succeed or fail.

With this system in mind there will naturally be flaws. Not everyone is honorable. Who is to keep people from -saying- they got a number within their success range, if they really didn't get that number? I recommend one of two methods.

The first being, that when you generate a number you HAVE to screen shot what number you got, and provide the picture in a spoiler something in the post you enchanted the item. This gives way to the potential of people generating a ton of numbers until they get one that falls within their range, and then screen-shotting that number, pretending they got it on the first try.

Which leads me to my second suggestion - the GM is responsible for generating the numbers and providing screen-captures as proof. This could potentially be a lot of work for the GM, and it also goes without saying that some people might not trust the GM to be honorable about it, either. To be honest I think Wolfsin is one of the most honorable people out there, but my opinion may be biased. But I also feel that this system would be more fair to everyone, and that, if we're all intending to engage in a complex RP such as this, we must be able to place some amount of trust in the person who is making it possible for everyone to do so in the first place. Ne? ^^​

Well, [MENTION=4101]Key[/MENTION] just confirmed my fear this will look like a virtual game of DnD all over again. x3 Ah well. The concept of this roleplay is far too good for me to drop out simply because of mechanics. I just hope the number crunching doesn't slow down the actual roleplaying, as I've seen happen before... and to be honest, if people will lie and cheat... well... there are social ramifications to go along with that, just as there are other roleplaying faux pas like GMing other player's characters. A certain amount of trust is required between players in any roleplay, I think.

If you're going to do an RN system, it has to be done by the GM. There's just no way around it. If you aren't trusting the GM to be fair about it, you shouldn't even be in an RP with that person as the GM in the first place. So it is a moot point to begin with. I personally don't mind it being done with an RN system BUT if we do, I say no multis. If you allow multis, there's nothing effectively stopping me from doing a bunch of random trial and error till I get what I want. That's stupid.

I'll disagree with the part about the rank F not often beating the rank A, though. The way you put it, the ranks are more for bragging rights. There is nothing that says that to be good, you have to run around and gain fame. There's plenty of people who stay low on the radar and are perfectly strong, just not famous.

And then, You need Rank F for Rank F to A equipments, and so forth.

That's why I assumed, without the skill required, You wouldn't be able to go over The Skill level.

But I don't Mind the Chances of fail. But as Said, if you don't have the smiting skill, it would ALREADY equate to an Auto-fail, no?

And Frankly, I don't want to generate that. I can repeat as much as I want. :P Which makes it FLAWED to boot.

GM Generating the numbers: Let me tell you one thing. If I started to Trust every GM, I wouldn't be here. It goes without saying. I'd rather be limited to the skill level that I am. Ex Smith rank F cannot go over F, and whatnot.

It may be interesting to make it so that, for example, if you don't have the enchanting skill you get a 5% chance of succeeding? Realistically speaking some people have insane luck, even if they have no idea how to do something properly, there is still the slight slight chance that they will succeed. I can live with or without that, but it would make things a little more interesting and realistic, I believe.

Well, not everything would be decided on luck. Just because I've cut myself making a sword in a garage and got lucky doesn't mean it could happen here. (No, I never really did that, from from the guy who did it, OUCH.)

And I don't see how you Can smith something if you don't know how to smith. Thus those smiting skills/Rank. I mean, sure it dosen't stop you from trying. But then, The GM must determine what happens upon failure, or success.

I suppose critical wins and critical fails are possible but it is up to the group and the GM whether they want to include or omit those kinds of results. I personally don't care much but if some dude all of a sudden starts cranking out some crazy gear, he's gonna get jumped. Best anti-cheating insurance.

I have to disagree on one point. If they don't have the Knowledge of the skill I would like it so its impossible for them to do it. Lets say someone chooses, Mineral gathering, and Armor Smithing as their skill. that person can NOT enchant, you will be limited to only your two life skills. Otherwise whats the point of only being able to choose two? Like I said I don't want Jacks of all trades for this.

So I guess we will use the Number generator for luck matters I suppose. It seems like the most reasonable explanation right?

Nah. The Skills level stuff is more better, as it's strict. Yes, the skill thing makes you vulnerable to all else, but If you can interact with other people, it's much less of an Hassle. Team/Party Members would be there to help each other, not to create some random competition about who makes the best item. And For the Luck Matters? It might only be important for Boss battles. Other than that, they'll be simply dumb, Dice-rolling DnD stuff without any realism. So, about the Drops, Luck should be relevant only if the enemy was important enough for it to drop things that aren't gold.

Likewise: The Knowledge skills are the actual REQUIREMENT to perform said Action. :P

I have to go for a while people but Ill be thinking about everything said. Talk to you when I am back around. =)

Good Lord, this is getting complicated. I'm much more used to factoring out damage and such through narrative, rather than actual stats.

I'm tempted to get spooked and run, but I'll stay around until I see how things turn out before I do anything rash.

BTW, I was hoping to play a speed-based, one-handed sword character with no shield. Does the class system allow for this? Also, I believe that a ninja class was mentioned. I don't plan on playing one, but I was wondering if that is still there.

We got him to get rid of stats so don't worry about that.

And yes, there's plenty that allows for single sword fighters. There was never a technical ninja class persay but what's basically the assassin/rogue class could be twisted into one.

Yup. We Can kill in one swoop. So, no Hp Shit.

And You have a Class like that.

I don't know about if ninja was EVER there. it was only proposes on some consolation Class for the "Archer" Idea.

I got it. It seems to be the "Whisper" class. Sort of an assassin/stealth type. I'm gonna go ahead and be a blader; just put all my buffs, bonuses, and other improvements into speed. Let's see if I can eventually reach the point that I kill enemies before they know that they've been hit.