Quest Online Description/Character Sheets (Sword Art Online Inspired RP)

Re: Sword Art Online Inspired RP (Interest Check Not Detailed)

I have to agree its really impossible to make this fair adding in Archers I suppose, So Ill say this can anyone else think of a melee style class weapon set I can use to make their 8 classes and replace the Archer.

Nevvy/Psy~ XD I would expect no less from people, I think i will see how people play and assign maybe a team of people to help me Gm at times and what not. Ill sort that out.

Also the New detailed post is up right now for everyone to read on the first page, Like I said make suggestions to better this. LOL my fingers hurt iv been at that whole thing for 6 hours XD anyways let me know.

Easy. A "barehanded" class that uses gauntlets and or greaves and the like would fill the ticket well.

So you think i should take away the Bludgeon Knuckles then? and make a class specific for that style? amke it where its not only knuckles but feet too, is that kinda what you're thinking?

Lol. Do what you will. XD. But Personally, The ranged weapon part is sad.

Something like that. Aside the nunchaku, all the other options in that area are more like medium to long blunt polearms which are generally associated with each other.

Oh Im likely not going to be having Archery avaiable, sorry if I didn't make that clear. The current write up that is up right now is the tester to get everyones feed back, before I fine proof everything for the final one and we start this shiz =)

Nevvy~ that sounds good Ill do that to replace the Archer class. How does everything else look?

So since you're doing all this exp silliness, are we actually going to have to grind for exp with you controlling all the enemies?

Lol. And What kind of stats would actually be implemented? I think it looks dumb, as We won't really keep track of that. And the CRT hits. And evasion, and whatever.

Are you actually going to assign exp to players? PKers can't exactly just stay level 1 forever. There's got to be something in it for them.

I think it's a waste. The EXP/Stats idea.

Are you both saying you think I should take out the stats? and just keep the Arts?

IF we kept the exp idea and everything then I could play some, and or you could also write about your adventures on your own and be fair with the exp which id moderate, if you reasonably kill this many Gobs then naturally your exp would build up. Sure its math but I thought it would be interesting change to rp style. I mean if you can reasonably take on 6 gobs by yourself, then awesome.. you got skill and you proved it through your writing, just be reasonable, realistic etc. I suppose. I will be controlling some Creatures that people will fight. That much is definite no matter what.

NOW the new question is do you think I should drop the Stats and just leave the Arts available? So people can just progress moderately? Or should I keep them and try and run it like I said? Another option is dropping both of them and just having the WHOLE thing rely souly on your skill with writing it out?

Let me know~

Make is RELY on sole skills. No points of "Arts". how about us using skills to make "Our own arts"?

The way I see it, assuming that we killed X number of enemies doesn't really do much. It forces you to sit there are decide whether someone is good enough to reasonably mow down a bunch of random enemies but what if I came up with a stupid number like a million? What are you going to do about it, pit a million goblins at me to make me prove it? Of course you're not. You'd run out of patience before I got through the million goblins. If you're not going to be ready to prove someone wrong, you might as well just be assigning us each an arbitrary number of free kills per game day... but then all you're doing is shafting the new people and giving everyone else constant static exp growth which defeats the purpose of exp in the first place.

So what is it that your exp system is supposed to accomplish? Is it for the stats, the arts, or both? Is it just to give the arts a way to level up? If it is, why not create a separate system just for that? I don't see how you're going to enforce the stats and if you're not going to, why bother with them to begin with?

How I had planned it~

I planned that when a player decided to go into a fight zone and face gobs or whatever have you. You would face however many you listed then it would be on you to rp that out killing them all and count up the experience. In cases I fought using lets say 20 gobs against you. You are a melee fighter, fighting twenty gobs ON your own is suicide, It inspires the use of groups big time. I would sit through it if Im supposed to npc the creatures, thats not an issue. but gaining the experience would give your stats help, which would make your character more powerful.

Honestly I realize its faulty, I think what I was trying was to capture the real idea that we are in a game world, adding in stats and stuff, but I do see that doing so is fairly obsolete in an rp rather than the actual game. I was trying to find ways to make it work to be honest, and I thought I had a way, but you both are right its faulty. So Ill have to revise that. Umm I suppose honestly there would be no point in the actual ingame skills either, I could revise it so that this game was built to give everyone the fair opportunity of using actual skill to fight. No one has better stats than anyone its all started off base everything and people can just go.

All Im asking is that how you two think everyone would prefer it. Skill alone is the deciding factor?

If so then should we make it so there is no such thing as leveling up in the game, that you stick with that base level stat through out it all? Or that it goes along with your experience, as you fight more and train you gain strength like a real life world? Im not bein snarky about it I just am asking what you guys think, since your kinda both the only few that are giving me feedback.

(basically the more you do it, the better you get at it type thing?)

Fighting 20 goblins at once is suicide? What the hell are you saying? XD

Skill should be the only factor. I mean there is no point of having levels, if it's not going to mean anything.

Well this depends on the matter of the gobs. Supposing that even as as GM, you're going to fight fair, it is not impossible by any means for a single person to down 20 gobs or 20 players. Such is the concept of a fair fight. Of course, this does require the single party to be stupidly more skilled than the rest or for the rest to just be weak but it is more than possible once you remove equivalence of result and replace it with equal opportunity. You're making the statement that it is suicidal based on your idea of what should be normal but what happens in the event that you can't enforce your idea of normal? Tbh, it all comes back to you, the GM but I suggest considering what to do in the event that others manage to do what you consider to be suicidal.

I am saying that it is suicidal by the single fact of numbers. If you're one person facing all of these gobs, lets say the surround you, how are you going to dodge 20 attacks coming in at once Logically? It just doesn't make sense to me. Anyways. Ill ditch the Stats AND the "arts" there will be no level up, it will be like real life to the fullest it can. If you fight more, and survive, you will obviously get better at it. The same will be for potion making or cooking. HOWEVER. I will make it that for the life skills you can only learn the two you choose, I am keeping that the same. You will just get better at them as you do them. Like real life again with that. I think Im going to have it at a certain point of seeing you use your weapon of perform a life skill there will be ranks. just the F-A thing pretty much which will decide how much stronger/ better you will cook, or craft. It will be more so just a rank for title purposes for warriors though I guess. Does that seem reasonable then?

You obviously never fought a war.

Guess not but it would help if you answered the question either which way. Rather than poke at me =)