Q - Flux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laina's Life
↓​
  • Walk the streets looking for work.​
  • If work is unable to be found, search for entertainment.​
  • As a last resort, actively seek evil-doers and bring them to justice.​

If bodysuit girl isn't walking the streets she's sitting at a high viewpoint, scouting for potential customers. On rare occasions she is known to appear at bars and restaurants to speak with a client, though she is more comfortable just showing up at their door. At the start of the RP she'd likely be hounding out some work... I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself but it's the truth, girl gotta eat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duwang Chew
I've written down a rough idea for the following questions, but I have a question of my own that could potentially help me finish my answers! In the first post of the OOC it mentions this:
Spreading nearly 20,000 square km, it is a massive urban environment complete with several "layers" effectively dividing socioeconomic classes by height in the buildings present.
I was wondering if you could elaborate on this a little bit? I'm interested on the societal differences in each 'layer'--like which has the most poverty, crime, businesses/shops, monsters, and so on. o:

-What does your character do on their off-time?
As much as she'd like to dedicate her time fighting the creatures dwelling with Neo Babylon, her justly interest doesn't exactly rake in the dough, and Kheda's get by somehow. In the inner city she's put her time and effort into a part-time job at a book store. With a high interest in reading, and catching up with the world she lives in today, she spends most of her off time here, or within the many city parks of the upper levels of Neo Babylon.

-Where might your character be at the start of the IC? What are they doing?
Depending on the time, Kheda will most likely be at work, or just getting off of work at the book store. So in a sense, she'll most likely be spending her time walking around the city before returning home to 50's district of the inner city.

-What does their daily schedule look like?
Her mornings are typically spent wandering around looking for the cheapest place to get breakfast at. She's a bit of a penny pincher and doesn't usually like to eat at the same place in a row. After succeeding her quest for food, she'll then loiter around the many parks of the city, or the nearest book store. By early afternoon she is then called into work where she'll spend her time there until the evening. -Sometimes her work schedule may take up the entirety of her day- Once out of work, and free to do as she pleases will Kheda then wander the city to search for any crime, or monsters to apprehend.

I feel like I'm constantly repeating myself but it's the truth, girl gotta eat.​
I feel you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if you could elaborate on this a little bit? I'm interested on the societal differences in each 'layer'--like which has the most poverty, crime, businesses/shops, monsters, and so on. o:

Most certainly.

The inner city (as one starts getting closer to Neo-Babylon's borders, the stratification disappears as buildings get, on average, shorter and shorter. The edges of the city are primarily suburban with some occasionally and strangely out-of-place skyscrapers amidst otherwise 2-3 story buildings. In these areas, shopping/business/corporate work tends to be centralized into these monstrous additions.

As for the inner city, the floor plans can reach up to 200. The largest social division occurs at heights between floors 0 (ground floor, or rather, solid earth/concrete) and 100. The upper 100 contains higher-class (middle to upper) residents, where vehicles are primarily automated by Neo-Babylonian AI traffic control and move along rails rather than fly/hover. Walkways encircle buildings pretty tightly and connect to one another across "air streets".

The very highest levels have the most pricey real-estate, but also are sorely lacking in shopping. You need to go lower to find such establishments. Parks are most apparent at the highest levels, and are free to all citizens to visit.

The lower floors contain the lower class individuals, but contrary to what one might expect, the worst levels of poverty occur in the middle of this 0-100 section. Security is pretty tight at the bottom and top of 0-100 (Layer 1), with its inner sections being dominated by poor architecture practically taped to the sides of pre-established and much more robust buildings that serve as the base of towers extending into the upper Layers. Think, shanty towns built on the bottoms of otherwise wealthy towers. Crime is inherently worst here, though Policus remains much less present here than the lowest floors and the ones just above Layer 1 (gotta keep those wealthy citizens safe!).

Unfortunately, the monsters that Cleaners hunt are not so restricted in range. The city is rife with particularly good hiding spots, places no one would ever think to look, maintenance buildings/halls/rooms/etc. All perfect places for hiding.

Painstakers are most often found in Layer 1. DROWN members can range from Layer 1 to the lower areas of Layer 2 (floors 100-180). On rare occasions you'll see some spoiled brat belonging to DROWN in Layer 3. Magus Prohibitum's HQ is located in Layer 3 at the center of the city. Tallest building around. Fusion Corp has an immense headquarters spreading across multiple skyscrapers, and ranges from all Layers at those locations. Shark Family is in Layers 2-3. The Cosmic Hellpath has almost no skyscrapers near it for at least a mile, and is where the Repenters reside. Policus is everywhere. Thremont Lord's academies are actually stationed in the suburbs of Neo-Babylon. Cleaners can be anywhere.

Reactions: Duwang Chew
Eight pages in two days. Wow.

Maybe like a secret character in the game then ^^ or a character unlocked after a bonus level, I think some games do that?
A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES.
Ooooh, this could be fun. So would I be a secret boss who has hidden among the people? or some all powerful Error?

I love your signature xD
Haha thank you! MELON LORD 4 LYFE
the_melon_lord_by_disneygurl-d54gpj5.jpg

Reactions: Hana
Most certainly.

The inner city (as one starts getting closer to Neo-Babylon's borders, the stratification disappears as buildings get, on average, shorter and shorter. The edges of the city are primarily suburban with some occasionally and strangely out-of-place skyscrapers amidst otherwise 2-3 story buildings. In these areas, shopping/business/corporate work tends to be centralized into these monstrous additions.

As for the inner city, the floor plans can reach up to 200. The largest social division occurs at heights between floors 0 (ground floor, or rather, solid earth/concrete) and 100. The upper 100 contains higher-class (middle to upper) residents, where vehicles are primarily automated by Neo-Babylonian AI traffic control and move along rails rather than fly/hover. Walkways encircle buildings pretty tightly and connect to one another across "air streets".

The very highest levels have the most pricey real-estate, but also are sorely lacking in shopping. You need to go lower to find such establishments. Parks are most apparent at the highest levels, and are free to all citizens to visit.

The lower floors contain the lower class individuals, but contrary to what one might expect, the worst levels of poverty occur in the middle of this 0-100 section. Security is pretty tight at the bottom and top of 0-100 (Layer 1), with its inner sections being dominated by poor architecture practically taped to the sides of pre-established and much more robust buildings that serve as the base of towers extending into the upper Layers. Think, shanty towns built on the bottoms of otherwise wealthy towers. Crime is inherently worst here, though Policus remains much less present here than the lowest floors and the ones just above Layer 1 (gotta keep those wealthy citizens safe!).

Unfortunately, the monsters that Cleaners hunt are not so restricted in range. The city is rife with particularly good hiding spots, places no one would ever think to look, maintenance buildings/halls/rooms/etc. All perfect places for hiding.

Painstakers are most often found in Layer 1. DROWN members can range from Layer 1 to the lower areas of Layer 2 (floors 100-180). On rare occasions you'll see some spoiled brat belonging to DROWN in Layer 3. Magus Prohibitum's HQ is located in Layer 3 at the center of the city. Tallest building around. Fusion Corp has an immense headquarters spreading across multiple skyscrapers, and ranges from all Layers at those locations. Shark Family is in Layers 2-3. The Cosmic Hellpath has almost no skyscrapers near it for at least a mile, and is where the Repenters reside. Policus is everywhere. Thremont Lord's academies are actually stationed in the suburbs of Neo-Babylon. Cleaners can be anywhere.
Any chance that you have a visual picture of Neo Babylon?

Like 5 new characters over the course of one night, yay! Now to continue working on my sheet~

Awesome! Thank you for the information Asuras! I've made small changes to my answers along with my CS. Nothing terribly different, however I did add Kheda to fabulous 50's within the inner city.

Also, Neo Babylon looks great! What I had pictured at first was something Metropolis like.
x x x x

This is very cool, though!

Well I have school at 12 so going to bed, see you wonderful people after^^.

So I went to watch to watch Howl's Moving Castle and two pages flew by. Nice.

And to think Kano's been living by himself in a broken-down machine in some alley under the light... Well, that's one future twist into the book.

I also think it'd be hilarious to fashion the character roster like a fighting game - and have the final boss' silhouette in the center "?" panel.

Back onto business;
Tinker, catching up on sleep, and finding a new, cheaper apartment maybe. It seems like a plausible contingency in the face of rising troubles.
Probably floating face down in some underground drainage somewhere, bloody wound on his front torso from a serial killer attack whilst doing a job (he'll get better). I don't know where this came from, honest. But the more I think about it, the more fun it seems to work things out of it. I already have a couple of things in mind, but it's not set in stone.
Early Morning - Jin gets up at 4.30 at the earliest. He and Kano take turns to cook breakfast depending on who woke up first. Kano already has his own jobs, which are miles apart from Jin's. He says "I'm better at fulfilling requirements is all", much to Jin's chagrin.
Morning - Jin gets to working morning shift, and his morning job changes depending on the day. On two days he'd be working shuttle ticketing, another two as a technician at some cheap grease joint, and three days as an assistant cook. Shifts continue until afternoon.
Afternoon - On one specific day, Jin has to visit the optometrist every week to get treatment on the crystal layer forming on his eyes. On other days he'd either keep working from the morning or switch to some half-time, such as delivering letters and packages for a privately-owned courier company (this is where he gets stabbed), working as the barkeep at some bar (two actually), or as an occasional artist and layout helper for a small e-magazine.
Evening - Jin continues work from the afternoon, or comes home on the work-less day.
Night - Night-time is off-time for Jin, mostly. Unless the bars let him do night shift. Most of the places he work for (those that accept people without magic, to give an idea) close at night, when it gets much more dangerous in Neo Babylon. Although he's worked from home to finish e-magazine-related tasks a few times before, too.

It's succinct to say Jin works a lot. Which is why he may be troubled by the appearance of a job-hunting rival soon...

Gods I missed a lot! On my phone atm, Ill get info on Seti for yall once I get on my laptop.

Katergi spends his off-time (whenever he's not working for the Thremont Lords or as a mercenary) attending the Academy he lives at and practicing magic, trying to find more work in order to expand his connections, he might occasionally spar with some of the more combat-oriented mages that attend the Academy, doing 'chores' (picking up groceries, maintaining his weapons, resupplying equipment, etc.), or sleeping.

Depends really. He might be doing any of the above things, dependent on exactly when the RP starts, or he might actually have an assignment he's in the middle of completing which will probably be work for the Cleaners.

Daily routine goes something like wake-up, take care of himself (wash up, breakfast, etc.), head out till noon, eat lunch (probably just nutrient paste if he's on the job), continue what he was doing, eat dinner (again nutrient paste if he's still on the job), finish up before heading back home, take care of himself, weapon maint., go to sleep.

Last edited:
Oi, Asuras. How does Volkov's furnace thing interact with the powers of other Errors? Do those things ALSO rely on mana? Or is it something else?

They rely on nothing but the Error's will. They do not utilize mana.

So basically...unlimited power spam? Like, if there's an electricity Error, they'd be able provide unlimited electricity to the entirety of Neo Babylon?

I get your point but that wouldn't be possible unless the Error could eject city-levels of electric energy all at once, at which point I wouldn't accept them.

i'm gonna call my cs done (but am I too late? D:) i may or may not edit it, since i for some reason do not feel satisfied, but if I do, I will say!

When Seti isn't smuggling stuff, he's usually doing one of two things. Relaxing in his apartment, practicing violin or illegal matter manipulation magic, or he's out and about the city. When he's wandering about the city off duty, he will generally look for places to relax rather than party, such as lower key bars and clubs rather than high end, high energy and octane shows and clubs, it just isn't his scene normally. The only time you'd find him in those places is either during work or to get a contract to run something across the city. So, off duty, he's either in his place or walking the streets, taking in the sights and avoiding officials that might know his face or name, so he doesn't have to go running from some otherwise fine evening on the streets.

Either mid job, smuggling illegal or frowned upon goods to predesignated contacts and drop points for various employers, although lately other Painstalkers have taken advantage of his services, or in a small club or bar, drinking to the success of a new job well done, or forgetting a rather close call with authorities, successful job or otherwise.

When he has a job to do, Seti's schedule revolves around preparing for the run, which can be at any time of the day and will be at least a couple hours prior to him making the run, planning out routes and alternatives if they get cut off, means of evading trouble and detection, and the run itself can last anywhere from an hour to days, depending on the drops he has to make. He'll always lay low for at least a day or more after a run to lose any potential heat he might have gotten evading police and others that might have reason for hunting him.

On days he isn't working, he'll usually wake up after sunset, and throw on his usual attire and go out for breakfast, whatever the local food joint might be selling that day. He'll then usually either go back to his place and train/practice, or go clubbing and bar hopping, especially after a successful job and he has more money to burn than he is normally working with. He'll end those kind of days with a hangover more often than not, and he'll swear off doing such things again, even though he will do it again the next time he has a good chunk of change burning a hole in his wallet.

What happens if her hands are chopped off or something? Can she still sword-spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.