Q - Flux

Status
Not open for further replies.
confused.jpg

*is very scared of what you might be planning to do to my character*

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi
1000 is quite the number of weapons to control at once. I have two issues with this, one being that it's quite powerful in its own right, and second that the idea of writing about potentially hundreds of swords in a post is chaotic and difficult to track.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi
1000 is quite the number of weapons to control at once. I have two issues with this, one being that it's quite powerful in its own right, and second that the idea of writing about potentially hundreds of swords in a post is chaotic and difficult to track.
I can reduce this. say 100? or 50? preferences or suggestions?

View attachment 50598

*is very scared of what you might be planning to do to my character*
It's nothing too bad. I'm just curious, because you have that limited condition that the first sword summoned MUST be in the palm of her hand. So what happens if she doesn't have hands? Does that mean that she can't use her Error power anymore?

@Asuras I think you might have missed my CS. It's on page five.
It's kinda short though so I don't blame you. Almost missed it myself.

-What does your character do on their off-time?
Eden sews, studies, and creates crystalline jewelry and statues to sell for a little side money. The sign outside her apartment door says "Eden's Elegants: Handmade Jewelry & Sundries". Eden also goes on runs around her block frequently.

-Where might your character be at the start of the IC? What are they doing?

She will either be on her way to the Academy (if in the morning), working the cafe that's underneath her apartment (in the late afternoon) or she'll be working with her Error power in her apartment while watching documentaries on the history of Arcane Frames and their various models (in the evening. One of her favorite topics at the Academy is history.)

-What does their daily schedule look like?

5:00 AM- Get up, get into running clothes and go for a quick jog
5:30 AM- Come home, eat breakfast, take a shower and change into her school uniform (dunno if Thermont Academy has a uniform, just kinda tossing this in)
6:10 AM- Lock up the apartment and head to the Academy on the transit
6:20 AM- Arrive at the Academy
2:30 PM- Classes end, heads home to change into work outfit for her shift and eat something quick (just a white T-Shirt and a brown apron that says "NB Buzz" on it in white, curly letters coming from a coffee cup like steam.)
4:00 PM- Head to work. Saturday, Sunday are her days off. (Or their equivalents in this RP)
6:30-7:15 PM- Lunch Break, heads up to her apartment
9:00 PM- Head home
Usually ~11:00 PM- Head to bed, unless her workload from school is heavy.

With school, she doesn't have much free time, and only takes commissions for her art on the weekends. These are often fairly quick, so Eden has time to go out and window shop, hang out with friends from school (she goes to the bars with them on Saturday nights usually, not to drink, but to make sure they get home okay), and relax on her days off.

~~

Now to make her CS pretty xD Thanks for letting her on-board, Asuras :D

EDIT: Done~ I added a line or two to the second and another paragraph of her bio to clarify how she got by, and clarified a couple of the skills to reflect what I was thinking at the time. Didn't add anything except a pair of running shoes to her Possessions.

Last edited:
Hello!

I may seem to be a newcomer, for I originally expressed my interest to Asuras in private, but I assure you he is well aware of me. Here's the CS I sent him, now accepted!

• Name: Evenrue Seele.
    Where are you today?

When Evenrue awoke in the streets of Neo Babylon, she was very much frightened. All that surrounded her was a total mystery, things the likes of which she could barely imagine. In a panic, she had tried to flee the scene, but found that the city extended far past where she could run—and not in just two dimensions. As such, she began to do her utmost to understand the city and live within it. Quickly finding herself accepted into many of the homeless shelters funded by the Shark family, she was fed and rested, managing to stay physically healthy, at least. However, from a mental perspective, she was anything but well.

With memories of a world now lost, family, friends, lovers, even acquaintances she would never see again, Evenrue fell into a piercing depression that consumed her days. Everything and everyone she cared about was apparently long dead, and she had nothing here to replace them. She simply could not let go of the past.

It was at this point that she fell into heavy drug use.

With the aid of potent mind-nullifying drugs and hallucinogens, she slowly but surely destroyed the core memories that constituted her identity. Free of the burden of her past, she fabricated a new, imaginary version of herself, and let it run wild. But there would be consequences. She grew dependent upon these new-found sources of freedom, and her health deteriorated. Eventually deserting the Shark's shelters, she made her way into the criminal underground, and was manipulated into aiding the goals of the Painstakers. Some attempted to rehabilitate her as a useful ally, but most simply used, abused, and then discarded her, while being certain to maintain her addiction. This lasted for three months, and it was the fourth month since her awakening that things began to change once more.

During a Policus raid on a Painstaker gathering, Evenrue was captured and interrogated as one of the few surviving targets of the efficient attack. Realizing her ties to the criminal group were weak and largely outside of her control, she was absolved of guilt, and placed in a rehabilitation center that doubled as her protection and safekeeping as a potential asset. One of the Policus officers in particular, Kirthun, made regular visits to try and wrest any more information on the Painstakers as well as to persuade her in the benefit of helping the good guys. Seeing him as her saviour in more ways than one, Evenrue devoted herself to helping him however she could. Two more months passed this way.

The time came where she was asked to stage an undercover operation, and she accepted with some hesitation. The coup was successful, and though her cover was now blown, Kirthun was still eager to work with her, and took Evenrue under his wing. Removing her from the rehabilitation center and acting as her surety. She then took residence in his home, in a spare room converted to sleeping quarters.

Since then, Kirthun takes her with him on most of his patrols and training exercises, in which time Evenrue has finally been able to come to grips with the beauty of the world she now finds herself. But with this beauty comes darkness, and she has seen some of the powerful and dangerous creatures roaming Neo Babylon. Kirthun, not capable enough to fight them himself, is forced to evacuate the area and call for backup—unless the Cleaners get there first. Fascinated with their methods, Evenrue took it upon herself to learn some of the less-than-conventional assets utilized by the Cleaners, while still staying within the law and maintaining her allegiance to the Policus.

Neither truly Painstaker, Policus, nor Cleaner, she nonetheless has some experience with all three, and only hopes to use this knowledge to fight the monsters of shadow.​

• Optical Reset
      Evenrue has a glitch that manifests itself in her eyes. Through her eyes, she can directly connect her brainwaves with those of another person, granting her a couple interesting powers. She has become aware of some of these abilities at this point, but not understanding them, avoids their use in day-to-day life, which has lead to her usually keeping her eyes downcast and rarely making eye contact.

When direct eye contact is made between her and another individual, a link is temporarily opened. In the instant it opens, the target will focus on Evenrue, and her current desire will implant itself in their mind. They are not, however, in any way compelled to act upon that, merely understanding her desire. If the contact is maintained for more than a few seconds, the target's mind will become blank, and only those of strong will may pull out of the gaze. After ten seconds or so, memories of the current encounter and immediate events leading up to it will fade. If she breaks the eye contact, they will be released with whatever new understanding or lost memory fixed. However, if she blinks in the period of time after the ten seconds, the target will blackout.

• Though not her focus by any means, she has learned some magic in order to supplement her abilities and stand a chance against the monsters. Most of the magic is based of the legal medium allowed by the Magus Prohibitum, but she also dabbles in some of the spells used by the Painstakers in dire situations. She has also taken to studying the dead bodies left behind by the creatures slain by Cleaners in an attempt to learn from them, but as of yet has had little success.​
      • Rune knowledge.​
        • Runes of searing energy and resistance, which she has etched onto her glaive.​
        • Requiring a bit of set-up, trap rune that flashes strong light when stepped on.
        • Runes in her flesh, hidden by clothing, that resist fire. Afflicted flesh becomes a cracked black when touched by flame, but reverts soon thereafter. Learned from Painstakers.
      • Spoken knowledge.
        • Spell that projects her voice.
      • Gesture knowledge.
        • Spell that illuminates a room.
        • Spell that creates magical flames burning on any surface. Learned from Painstakers and never used outside combat with monsters.

Evenrue has been trained in combat by Kirthun.​
      • Unarmed combat, mostly grappling and escape tactics.​
      • Armed with her glaive.​
        • She can apply a magical field to her glaive through runes already etched therein, improving its cutting ability and allowing it to deflect projectile when spun. When activated as such, is glows a certain turquoise colour.​
      • Ranged combat with firearms. Better at cover fire than precise take-outs. Secondary to her melee abilities.​
      She has also trained herself in parkour, allowing her to climb odd surfaces and make improvised escapes, even between different stories and layers of the city, utilizing her implants to their full advantage.
    [tabs]
    [/tabs]
    [/tab]​

Reactions: Duwang Chew
It's nothing too bad. I'm just curious, because you have that limited condition that the first sword summoned MUST be in the palm of her hand. So what happens if she doesn't have hands? Does that mean that she can't use her Error power anymore?
At first, I was going to say yes, but then I remembered Asuras saying something about how error powers are only limited to character willpower so maybe no? If that's the case, then she wouldn't have lost it entirely, she'd just have to find another method to summon her swords, such as how people are able to summon their weapons from their chest or something. But I will say in order for that to work, she'd need like a spell or magical circle somewhere on her body and her swords can only be summoned from that one spot.

and have the final boss' silhouette in the center "?" panel.

computer-silhouette.jpg

Cooldowns is the best resource.

Mana is soo... 2011.

Ah, but is it really a machine, or an idea of a machine? Something beyond flesh and enlightenment. Burdened with lingering doubt it itself cannot see, and so it dresses those doubts in whimsy. Faced with such an all-encompassing contradiction, the good whom are weak may persist... But I can't say the same for the weak whom are good...

May the end be fitting.

...On a more light-hearted note, the gender ratio is reaching anime levels. We need Yerin.

HEh, well, we have the band already, might as well go for broke in unusual character gender balances.

Sleeper agent powers are pretty cool.

But... if any memories up to their encounter with her fade, do they still know whose desires are actually prodding them in their heads?

Once I finish my paper in a few hours, I'll start laying down the law attending to things here more extensively. Until then.

B7uyUCp.gif

Gender balance? Please. Volkov counts as twenty muscular, masculine males. I'm pretty sure it's all fine~

And Asuras, is the IC gonna be up today? Or no?

...In that case, the gender balance is then tilted towards the males.

In other words; we need more chicks!

We're soon enough going to have a Cast Full of Pretty Girls xD Though I certainly don't mind, everyone would be fun and interesting to interact with

Status
Not open for further replies.