Q - Flux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seti can moonlight as a violinist, and work the days as a smuggler/illegal mage. All for the band.

Reactions: Hana
Drumming is just a hobby, but I'm sure that Nechronica can take some time to work in the band.

Volkov can be a rapper. Because all pop stars need to be framed by a giant muscular monster in order for their cuteness to be emphasized.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
And Jin... CAN BE THE MANAGER! (becausehe'stheonlydorkouttathemallwhocan'tactuallyplaymusicwithoutkillingsomebirds)

On a more serious note, though... If an Error's powers are centered on a single idea, and Jin's power so far is... taking... angles...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[bursts into paste out of unadulterated excitement and hype]

Felicia's piano is her guilty pleasure but I'm sure she can set aside time for keyboard in this band. And I like Volkov :D

Heh, we got a whole band now, sure as sure. Including management, we can fund our adventures this way.

Yeah with Sparkle singing and then Volkov could bust out an amazing rap lol.

Asuras I was wondering since all of our chars are Errors does that mean Error powers don't work on each other? Is it like a cancellation effect or something since there kind of like the same in a way, if that's not to confusing to understand what I'm trying to asked lol.

Probably won't join as I am impossibly busy but I saw your absolutely awesome banner and had to come and squeal.

ThisisawesomeandIlovetheideaandIhopeyourlovelysuperawesomeroleplaygoesfantabulously!!!

GLJWw.jpg

About 5' 9", 140 lbs. Without the blue markings
Name
Eden Pylar

Where are you today?
Upon waking in raggedy scarves in Neo Babylon, Eden was just too shocked by the sudden change to properly function for the first week. She was hungry, traumatized, and alone. After that week, being the hardy girl she was, she knew that if she didn't do something soon, she'd be dead. Calendars and clocks were reading 300 years from the date she last knew...there was no hope of salvaging whatever she had, even if this was some ridiculous hallucination she was having in her death throes at the hands of the Nemesis. It was time to buckle down.

For the first few months, it was running odd delivery jobs. People just saw her as another poor girl, looking for her next meal, and she was in every sense. It was running every day, hardly a day to rest, but she scraped up enough to get started in the world. Eden refused to take handouts, and took her chances with the rough types prowling the streets. She was simply too proud and stubborn. Besides, the young lady was quick, and she learned the streets quickly. To catch her would be no easy feat.

At about six months, she had enough money to buy some new materials (she preferred making her own clothes) to spruce up her outfit, and get settled with a more permanent job at a cafe. It was also around this time she discovered her Error power. Eden had seen magic all around the city, but understood hardly any of it at first. She bought books with her leftover money, studied how exactly it worked...and then she tried to put it to practice. Instead of what the book had given her, a set of runes used to create small fires, the runes did something different. As in, they didn't activate at all. Yet...small crystal spires coated the metal table she was working with like ice, as well as her palm. Her sudden sadness of failing caused them to turn deep blue, and then to dust...obviously not fire.

Eden began experimenting with these crystals, though not in, or for, the public.. She created normal jewels as well, not precious, but still very pretty and popular with the middle class as they were affordable, yet elegant. She was able to use that money to buy a small apartment in the mid-section of the city. The Painstakers in the bowls of Neo Babylon were beginning to grate on her, after all, and her creations were seen as valuable, leading to some even coming after her (thankfully she knew enough of her power to defend herself against one man at the time). Lawlessness was not something she endorsed in the slightest. Not to mention all the crazy cults cropping up...

Nearing the end of her first year, Eden decided to try and put her learning, and seemingly inherent gift, to the test and applying to the Thermont Academy. , she was still let in when she demonstrated her knowledge of magic and her ability to create precise crystalline structures that could potentially improve their Frame and mechanical designs. Eden has been at the Academy for four months now, and is eager to learn more about the mysterious world she was dumped in. and excitedly looks forward to what the future holds.

Error Power
Empathic Crystallization

Eden is able to form crystals out of the mana particles and trace minerals in the air and ground, beautiful works of art and function. Not only are they positively gorgeous, but they are incredibly accurate, right down to the individual molecules. Eden can manipulate the structure as she sees fit, creating cute, boxy cubes or dangerously elegant spires. And while this has obvious implications combat-wise (sharp pointy rocks for offense, solid boxy ones for defense), Eden's nature as an Error has imparted another, much more interesting aspect of this crystal creation.

Using the electrical impulses in the brain associated with emotions and memories in conjunction with mana particles, Eden can literally crystallize feelings and thoughts. Their shape (initially, as she can alter their raw forms afterwards) and hues reflect what is contained, blaring reds for anger and calm cyans for happiness, so on, so forth. Their properties change as well, if the emotion is strong enough (Anger resulting in small explosive crystal, Sadness forming a weakening crystal, Happiness creating healing stones, Fear causing holographic illusions of the feared object, Resolve bolstering an ally's strength, and Love providing two stones, one for both parties, so they can communicate from almost any distance).

The problem with this is that Eden has to remain in direct physical contact with the person for the duration of the Vessel (what she refers to Empathic crystals as) creation, and it is not a fast process. It can take anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes to create a single Vessel, depending on how strong the emotion is or how deep she has to go to get it. Furthermore, the Vessels are only good for one, two, or if she's really friggin' lucky, three uses (except Anger, kinda hard to use that twice), and place a strain on the one having their brain probed, even moreso on Eden. She's often left with splitting headaches, dizziness, even nausea if it's a volatile, dark emotion like Anger or Fear. She can create Vessels from her own emotions faster and without as much strain, but they are much weaker. Normal crystals are fairly easy to create and manipulate, however.

Eden suspects that she might be able to crystallize actual memories, but has been to afraid to actually try it in fear of damaging either party with experimentation.

Skills/Abilities
Gets People: Eden loves to get to know more about anyone, and can honestly empathize with them, often making her a popular shoulder to cry on.

Thinks a Mile a Minute: She runs through multiple trains of thought at a time in stressful situations, somehow keeping them straight. Thanks to this, she has a good understanding of runes used to operate Arcane Frames and common machinery already, though she hasn't really used them for much.

Seamstress: Give her an idea, and Eden can probably sew it for you. Her eye for detail is top-notch.

Courier: Her time as a runner around lower NB has left her light on her feet, and very familiar with large sections of Layers 1 and 2.
Equipment/Possessions
Backpack: Just her study materials and her phone in here. It's the same pattern as her clothes.
I.D. Badge: Her identification as a student of Thermont Academies.
Running Shoes: Footwear built to make running easier and more comfortable, Eden has customized them to go with her outfit. Gotta match, after all.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hana
Whoo, the two new OCs' powers are cool! I love Kheda and Eden's looks ^^

We got an increasingly fascinating group so far, sure as sure!

Huh, nevermind, misread the magic part for Error Power.

@St O'possum
Armel is accepted.

@Valhalla
Kheda is accepted. Beautiful CS.

@Herzinth
Koi is accepted.

@DuskNDawn
Eden is accepted as well.
In addition:

DuskNDawn said:
there was no hope of salvaging whatever she had, even if this was some ridiculous hallucination she was having in her death throes at the hands of the Nemesis.

Funnily enough, one potential "twist" I had initially considered for Q-Flux was that everything was indeed a highly elaborate dream-like hallucination being carried out in the seconds that a supremely powerful Nemesis entity loomed over the planet. Essentially the mortal brain's reaction to Eldritch-like powers, as if it were protecting itself from going mad at the sheer hopelessness it faced by imagining a much more pleasant life. Obviously I scrapped that idea.

---------------------

Have I missed anyone's CS?

cool. By the way i just have to say the whole universe being created by a machine brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Deus Ex Machina" I found it very interesting

Asuras I was wondering since all of our chars are Errors does that mean Error powers don't work on each other? Is it like a cancellation effect or something since there kind of like the same in a way, if that's not to confusing to understand what I'm trying to asked lol.

They work as well on other Errors as they do on anyone else.

I think I'm going to close the rp to submissions at this point. 12 members is quite a bit.

12 wow I didn't even know it was that many lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.