Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RestlessComfort

Original poster
  1. Welcome to the wonderful World of Pokemon!

You and your group have finally done it! You fought your way through the 8 gym leaders of the Sinnoh region and gave it your best shot in the Pokemon League Tournament! Whether you did a great job and put up a good fight, or fell flat on your face after losing your first battle, the journey and people you met along the way will always hold a special place in your heart.

With the satisfaction and pride of conquering Sinnoh fresh on your minds, you and your group decide to take a little time to yourselves and relax before deciding where to go next.

Unfortunately, your R&R is cut short as you catch wind of a mysterious Pokemon festival taking place next week in the next region over: Unova

It is said that the festival will have a great deal of food, games, and contests for every type of Pokemon lover. So whether your a trainer looking to compete in a tournament, or you just want to grab a bite to eat and meet some new people, this festival has something for everyone!

Needless to say, It took little time for you and your group to decide to set off in search for this mysterious festival.

As you and your group begin to gather their things, a feeling of danger and uneasiness settles over you -- almost as though you aren't meant to ever step foot into this new region. The feeling lasts for only a moment, then dissipates. You aren't sure, but whatever that feeling was, it wasn't gonna stop you from getting to the festival and moving on to conquer yet another region!

wpid-logo_render-png192cb68e-c559-485d-b2a5-5b5c8956c762larger1.jpg

Some Rules and Regualtions

1. This is going to be a fun, yet serious Roleplay. That being said, it is very hard to continue a Roleplay when you have those who only post a couple sentences or only post once in a great while. Just stay active and post good, quality responses. Your responses don't have to be painfully long, but make them a decent length. A paragraph, 4-7 sentences long, is the minimum requirement

2. Almost any Pokemon, from Gen V or before, is allowed. The only Pokemon that aren't allowed to be owned or used are Legendary, Mythical, and Mega-Evolved Pokemon.

3. You are allowed to have the same Pokemon that someone else has, but make sure they differ in personality! Two identical Pokemon trained separately are boring. Make your Pokemon unique! They are characters too.

4. You have the choice whether to walk with your Pokemon or keep them in their respective balls. I personally prefer to walk with my Pokemon, but that decision is yours!

5. I want the Roleplayers to have some hand in the story design, but I make the final decisions, and I also have the last say.

6. There will most likely be sexual content and mature language only fit for those that are 18 and older (hence this Roleplay being under libertine.) There are no restrictions on this. Just be mature and tasteful if you chose to take a post or encounter in that direction.

7. This is a Roleplay that does have some ties to reality. You and your Pokemon are not superhuman or unbeatable. A Roleplay can get very boring, and sometimes frustrating, if there is someone who thinks they are a god and aren't able to be defeated. Obviously if your Charizard goes up against Mew 2, more times then not, your gonna get your ass kicked. Be sensible in the situations your presented with be and open to defeat. Sometimes, being beaten can add a really cool spin to a character or Roleplay as a whole.

Everything else you already know, such as god-modding and all that. Hope you have fun and welcome to the Roleplay! :)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: mango
I'll never tell...yet.

But then that's really confusing for me the player to be able to describe what happened. And to get reactions.

But then that's really confusing for me the player to be able to describe what happened. And to get reactions.
It's supposed to be confusing, if that happened in real life, wouldn't you be confused? All that I have given here is that Cluade has passed out, there's a ranger that's been following the group, and the storm can seemingly target people whenever it wants. I'm creating a situation that causes the characters to be confused and paranoid, or careful and calculating.

It's supposed to be confusing, if that happened in real life, wouldn't you be confused? All that I have given here is that Cluade has passed out, there's a ranger that's been following the group, and the storm can seemingly target people whenever it wants. I'm creating a situation that causes the characters to be confused and paranoid, or careful and calculating.
I guess, but then I have no way of explaining it

edit-

And to be honest I need to know the nature of this rain. Because most likely Alakazam would protect Kamon or try to do so.

I guess, but then I have no way of explaining it

edit-

And to be honest I need to know the nature of this rain. Because most likely Alakazam would protect Kamon or try to do so.
I've mentioned a couple times that the rain is very malevolent, It's a darkness that's coming from Unova, and when it hit's you it has energy stealing properties. It's also been implied that the storm has some sort of method of strategy, like it's sentient or being controlled by another party. That's all the information I've given and I'm not sure Restless is totally comfortable with me sharing anymore, he had a very clear idea in mind for the story and I don't want to spoil that for him. I will say this though: all of this is majorly important to the overall plot.

I've mentioned a couple times that the rain is very malevolent, It's a darkness that's coming from Unova, and when it hit's you it has energy stealing properties. It's also been implied that the storm has some sort of method of strategy, like it's sentient or being controlled by another party. That's all the information I've given and I'm not sure Restless is totally comfortable with me sharing anymore, he had a very clear idea in mind for the story and I don't want to spoil that for him. I will say this though: all of this is majorly important to the overall plot.
That's fine. but my Pokemon's gifts and Kamons DO need to be respected.

edit-

Because as I said Alakazam will be trying to protect Kamon in the next post

That's fine. but my Pokemon's gifts and Kamons DO need to be respected.

edit-

Because as I said Alakazam will be trying to protect Kamon in the next post
alright, you're twisting my arm here though because of the extent of psychic powers. I'll give you this,
Kamon can sense that the rain is getting deadlier and is controlled by a number of people, he doesn't know how many, and he can't place them exactly, but he knows that at least one of them is close. typically I wouldn't attribute this much to psychic powers, but the way the storm is controlled is semi-psychic, so i guess it still works.
damn, if this were DnD I could just tell you to roll an awareness check.

alright, you're twisting my arm here though because of the extent of psychic powers. I'll give you this,
Kamon can sense that the rain is getting deadlier and is controlled by a number of people, he doesn't know how many, and he can't place them exactly, but he knows that at least one of them is close. typically I wouldn't attribute this much to psychic powers, but the way the storm is controlled is semi-psychic, so i guess it still works.
damn, if this were DnD I could just tell you to roll an awareness check.

Lol and I would have rolled an awareness check if you asked and it wasn't DnD

Claude is now floating and resting on the Drifblim

I don't want to pressure anyone, but if you haven't caught up with us yet, now would be the time (Now+the next five days). I'm planning something...big.

Lol and I would have rolled an awareness check if you asked and it wasn't DnD

Claude is now floating and resting on the Drifblim

Just to clarify something before i post and to put down some ground rules. The limits that red put into place on your psychicness were perfect. You can sense some things, but this entire occurance is something Kamon just cant get a hold on. He has a gift, but he doesnt know everything lol. He can sense what red specified, but anything more then that is blank. Your not SUPPOSE to know everything about the plot or about whats going on. Part of a gm's job is to provide a fun, intellectually stimulating, and entertaining experience where players work together to solve a problem. If your confused, then say your character is confused. It doesnt make it any harder to respond, if anything, it gives you the opportunity to add depth to your character and really develop how your character thinks and goes about problems.

As for a story clarification. Kamon goes charging off after the rangers, and akito goes where?

Just to clarify something before i post and to put down some ground rules. The limits that red put into place on your psychicness were perfect. You can sense some things, but this entire occurance is something Kamon just cant get a hold on. He has a gift, but he doesnt know everything lol. He can sense what red specified, but anything more then that is blank. Your not SUPPOSE to know everything about the plot or about whats going on. Part of a gm's job is to provide a fun, intellectually stimulating, and entertaining experience where players work together to solve a problem. If your confused, then say your character is confused. It doesnt make it any harder to respond, if anything, it gives you the opportunity to add depth to your character and really develop how your character thinks and goes about problems.

As for a story clarification. Kamon goes charging off after the rangers, and akito goes where?

Akito went to follow Kamon. And Drifblim is Shiny and is suppose to be kind of noticeable. Sorry.

And I didn't think I gave away too much information in my post and I completely understood this. That's kind of the reason why I use the word "sense something" He doesn't know wtf it is. Other than its evil. And he doesn't like it.

Seperate from that, posting will take longer then normal. I didnt bring my laptop to my sister's and im staying here for the weekend. That means i have to post from my phone haha.

@Crow @Lissamel @R E I
You guys need to post!!! If you guys dont get in before red reveals his twist, it'll be really hard to jump in!. Get your intros done. We are all meeting at the inn, after we all find ourselves there, we will move the story on. If there is something holding you back from posting, pm me so i know. Otherwise, you better hurry! Lol

Akito went to follow Kamon. And Drifblim is Shiny and is suppose to be kind of noticeable. Sorry.

And I didn't think I gave away too much information in my post and I completely understood this. That's kind of the reason why I use the word "sense something" He doesn't know wtf it is. Other than its evil. And he doesn't like it.

Oh no no no! Dont get me wrong! Nothing is wrong with your post! I really liked it actually. Im just stating for future reference is all :)

Can I post before the completion of my app?

Sorry we went out to buy a little piano. Post will be up shortly, I'll send Rae to the inn.

Oh no no no! Dont get me wrong! Nothing is wrong with your post! I really liked it actually. Im just stating for future reference is all :)
:)

I completely understood. I know the pretense of Kamon's powers. Kamon doesn't have any precognition, he has an aura sense and he is highly telekenitic. Levitating his Pokeballs. Or being able to hear Pokemon talk as if they are speaking like this. Kamon has no omniscience or precognition though.

I can write up his psychic abilities in detail on his sheet if you like.

Oh and I will also be doing my Pokemon stats.

@Crow; just finish the sheet mate

Can I post before the completion of my app?
I'd like you to finish your sheet first lol. Your character sheet gives us a look inside your characters head and gives us a better grasp on the motives behind your actions. But, I mean, if it's essential to get a post up and work on the sheet later, I suppose that would be fine.

:)

I completely understood. I know the pretense of Kamon's powers. Kamon doesn't have any precognition, he has an aura sense and he is highly telekenitic. Levitating his Pokeballs. Or being able to hear Pokemon talk as if they are speaking like this. Kamon has no omniscience or precognition though.

I can write up his psychic abilities in detail on his sheet if you like.

Oh and I will also be doing my Pokemon stats.

@Crow; just finish the sheet mate
The sheet edits won't be necessary! I'm sure I'll see the extent of your powers through your various posts. And alright! Sounds good! Can't wait to see the stats! Just pm them to red so he can review them

Gonna get a post up later tonight! Sorry! Phone being dumb!

Status
Not open for further replies.