Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric was tending to his Lucario when Cluade had his outburst. Kyo was cold, but his heart was still beating. It was up to him now. If Kyo could hold on until his energy regenerated, he would be OK. If not -- well, Eric didn't want to think about what would happen. He was wiping a tear from his eye when Cluade exploded up from his unconsciousness and began violently screaming. His rage carried him to a nearby tree where he began to yell and abuse it.

"I. AM GOING. TO FUCKING. KILL HER! I SWEAR TO ARCEUS SHE'LL PAY FOR EVERYTHING, I'LL RIP HER LIMB FROM LIMB AND BURN HER TO ASHES!"

Eric was taken back to the pure spite in his voice. He was inconsolable, frightening his own Pokemon along with Eric's. The dust settled, showing Cluade breathing heavily, still glaring at the tree, lost in thought. Eric could practically feel the anger resonating off of Cluade, and he was almost 10 feet away. Sei knelt down by Kyo, carefully watching the large teen. Eric looked to Sei once, before looking at Cluade again. Slowly, Eric began to near the steaming teen, Akio ducking into his bag out of fear. Once Eric was a few feet away, he called to Cluade.

"Cluade? It's Eric. Are you alright?"

Cluade snapped back to Eric with the same burning anger in his eyes, raising his fist into a pre-punch position, before realizing who it was. Breathing heavily he turned and looked at the tree, then staring to the ground in pure shame and embarrassment, he had lost control. through his heavy breath he managed to speak quietly without making eye contact.
"We have to find Kamon. He doesn't know what he's up against. The rangers... she killed them. All of them."

As Eric approached Cluade, he was prepared for the worst. He would take him on in a pure fist fight if he needed to. So, when Cluade turned around, fists raised, only to turn back towards the tree, Eric breathed a sigh of relief. Cluade whispered something under his breath, which Eric only just caught.

"We have to find Kamon. He doesn't know what he's up against. The rangers... she killed them. All of them."

This statement completely confused Eric. Perhaps Cluade was too shaken up to put together a coherent thought? At the very least, Eric wanted to figure out what was in Cluade's head that was causing him to think these things.

"Cluade? Who is Kamon? And who is this girl you speak of?"

As Eric approached Cluade, he was prepared for the worst. He would take him on in a pure fist fight if he needed to. So, when Cluade turned around, fists raised, only to turn back towards the tree, Eric breathed a sigh of relief. Cluade whispered something under his breath, which Eric only just caught.

This statement completely confused Eric. Perhaps Cluade was too shaken up to put together a coherent thought? At the very least, Eric wanted to figure out what was in Cluade's head that was causing him to think these things.

"Cluade? Who is Kamon? And who is this girl you speak of?"
Cluade never looked up, he just continued to stare down at his feet.
"The man from earlier, he stopped the battle between you and Riken from happening, he found me and Akito..."
Cluade finally looked up to see the damage he had done to the tree one more time.

"The girl... she was a ranger, she had been following us when Kamon showed up, when I saw her... I don't know how I know, It must look crazy, but she's in on this whole thing. She's a monster, the other ranger's are dead and she's responsible!"

Last edited by a moderator:
It came off as a little odd that Cluade never raised his head to look at Eric while he spoke. He kept his eyes locked on the ground beneath him, seemingly embarrassed about something. Maybe he was still angry? Eric couldn't really tell, but he had other things to be concerned with.

"The man from earlier, he stopped the battle between you and Riken from happening, he found me and Akito..."

Now Eric remembered that name. Kamon was the boy who had interrupted their battle earlier; however, the name Akito didn't ring any bells.

"The girl... she was a ranger, she had been following us when Kamon showed up, when I saw her... I don't know how I know, It must look crazy, but she's in on this whole thing. She's a monster, the other ranger's are dead and she's responsible!"

Eric was confused on how Cluade new these things? Where did he go when they separated? What did he find?

"How do you know they are dead, Cluade?"

Cluade hesitated for a moment, he felt like he was going insane, he surely must have looked it.
"I saw it, in her eye's. I saw it. have you ever stared into the eye's of a murderer, Eric? I have. They're always the same, but this time..."
Cluade looked up to see Eric's surprised and confused face, he knew Eric wouldn't believe him, but he had to try.
"The smell, it was overpowering the closer we got to the building. The rain got worse too, she can control it, she was trying to scare people away! Listen, I know you don't believe me, but if you just come with me, you'll understand!"
He wasn't giving all of the information, that must have been obvious, but telling Eric about the dream wouldn't help his case. He felt embarrassed, but regardless of whether or not Eric came with him, he was going to stop that woman.

[BCOLOR=transparent]When Kamon finally got to the ranger building something felt off all right. He couldn't sense much and the malice of the clouds outside were blocking him a bit. Not on purpose, they were simply making him feel sick. Magic watched him, but Kamon said nothing. His eyes glowed a little. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I haven't seen anything come in or out," Hoot told him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, the only way of knowing is going inside," Kamon told Magic, and realized Akito had been following him. Kamon narrowed his gaze and frowned. Whatever. He opened the door. Only to step into death. The smells was overwhelming.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The both of them were looking at something like three bodies. Kamon was shocked. He had seen so many things in the years he had been traveling, but this was the worse. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito looked around at the dead bodies. He sadly looked over at them. Akito walked over to one of them, putting his two hands together in what seemed like a prayer position.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm so sorry someone did this to you," Akito told the dead body, he turned to Kamon, "I am going to cleanse their spirits."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Whatever," Kamon said he was scanning. Someone was still alive. He could sense it, but he didn't now where from. Gah. This cloud was messing with the signal. All though he knew he'd never be able to pinpoint exactly. It was just messing up. He was getting pinged from all over the place. Magic watched him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Perhaps, we should get help from others," Magic told Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito finally looked over at them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The Alakazam speaks?" Akito asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes," Kamon replied shortly trying to ignore the comment, "I know you're here somewhere! Tell me where you are!"[/BCOLOR]

How, how did he know? She had hit the redhead, who she had thought to be the biggest threat, but somehow this other guy had managed to follower her here, along with the priest. What made things worse was that they had seen her before the amulet had time to recharge, and now that it was, they were inside! The amulet was useless here! She had to rely on hand to hand combat, but both of these twerps were on her list, once she took care of them, she could move on to the others.

"Fine." The voice echoed around Kamon. "I'll come out, but you wont like what you see."

A female ranger fell to the ground a few feet in front of Kamon, her uniform muddied with stains of all sort, her face covered in a deadly gaze and scowl to end all scowls. In her hand she held a long knife and around her neck sat an amulet in the shape of a long hexagon.

Cluade hesitated for a moment, he felt like he was going insane, he surely must have looked it.
"I saw it, in her eye's. I saw it. have you ever stared into the eye's of a murderer, Eric? I have. They're always the same, but this time..."
Cluade looked up to see Eric's surprised and confused face, he knew Eric wouldn't believe him, but he had to try.
"The smell, it was overpowering the closer we got to the building. The rain got worse too, she can control it, she was trying to scare people away! Listen, I know you don't believe me, but if you just come with me, you'll understand!"
He wasn't giving all of the information, that must have been obvious, but telling Eric about the dream wouldn't help his case. He felt embarrassed, but regardless of whether or not Eric came with him, he was going to stop that woman.

Although he had never looked into the eyes of a murderer, Eric really sympathized with Cluade. He obviously had some real horrors in his past, and something was still torturing him. Claude certainly looked worse for wear. Whatever had happened to him really took an effect on his physical health, as well as his emotional health.

"The smell, it was overpowering the closer we got to the building."

That entire occurrence must have been awful for Cluade. Eric's question was answered, but he felt even worse now than he did before.

"The rain got worse too, she can control it, she was trying to scare people away! Listen, I know you don't believe me, but if you just come with me, you'll understand!"

It was hard to believe that this women could actually control the storm, but it was quite obvious that Cluade was not in the mood to be questioned. If they were going to do this, they needed help. They needed reinforcements. They needed the rest of Cluade's Pokemon.

"Alright," Eric began. "I believe you, but even so, look what happened to you last time. I mean, we almost lost you! With Kyo out of commission, we're going to need more help. We need your other Pokemon. They are at the Inn not far from here. I will go with you and help you to stop this, but we have to get them first."

Akio jumped out of Eric's bag, confidently landing on his shoulder. His Pokemon were behind them, and together, they could stop this women.

"I..."
Cluade was speechless, Eric may have been the nicest person he had ever met. A tear welled in his eye as Alex approached him and tugged on the end of his shirt. He wiped the tear away and placed his hand on Eric's shoulder.

"You're right, and thank you."
Cluade looked in the direction of the Inn confidently, a determined look on his face.
"Right, lets do this."

[BCOLOR=transparent]It wasn't too long until a woman appeared. Kamon swore she seemed familiar, but it was hard to put into the context of where. The pendant she wore hurt his head, it made her a hard target for him to focus on and Magic watched him. But as if he were linked with his Pokemon, Blaze the Typhlosion and Esper the Espeon and Gengar came out, in order to protect him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Who are you?" Kamon asked with a scowl.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito turned around to see this woman. She had done something bad, and Slime didn't like her much either. Akito didn't like death. Whether it was a Pokemon or not, but before Akito could even give a command. Slime belched some toxic on this woman. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon raised a brow that thing was disgusting to say the least.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]

"I..."
Cluade was speechless, Eric may have been the nicest person he had ever met. A tear welled in his eye as Alex approached him and tugged on the end of his shirt. He wiped the tear away and placed his hand on Eric's shoulder.

Cluade looked in the direction of the Inn confidently, a determined look on his face.
"Right, lets do this."
"I..."

Cluade was taken back by what Eric had said. He didn't know why, but Eric felt an odd connection with this boy, and no matter what, he was going to help him with his quest. The tall, red-haired boy began to tear up, putting a hand on Eric's shoulder before speaking.

Eric placed his hand on Cluade's opposite shoulder, looking at him with a confident grin and nodding in response to his thanks. The three young men, matched in sheer determined, were ready to set off in search of this killer. As a team, they could bring her to justice for the crimes she had committed.

"Right, lets do this."

Once again Eric nodded, Akio giving a hearty and confident shout from his shoulder. Eric grabbed two Pokeballs from his waist, expanded them, and recalled both Sei and Kyo before setting off towards the Inn with Cluade and Riken. Hopefully, the Lucario and Zoroark would get plenty of rest while they made their way to retrieve Cluade's Pokemon. Together, the three boys rapidly made their way up Route 213, coming closer and closer to the Inn.

Riken puts his hands into his pockets as he follows the other two. "Sounds like things are going to be interesting well guess it was a good idea to come out here at least I will be able to find some amusement, and Claude was it your my allies may want a battle with your pokemon since they didn't really havet he best introduction together."

Cluade nodded towards the boy.
"They outnumbered you, didn't they? They tend to do that when I'm not around. Perhaps once this business is done, then we'll throw down. For now, to the Inn!"
The Inn wasn't very far away, but the trip was lengthened by they're attempt to avoid the rain. After about twenty minutes, they finally made it to the Inn. Cluade's Pokemon resting by the door. Cluade collapsed onto Emile's nose hugging him as Emile rapped vines around his friend to hug him back. The family all reunited and hugged each other before returning to their Pokeballs. Cluade opened the door, nearly knocking it off of its hinges. Shockingly, The lobby was fairly empty aside from a few people that looked like typical bystanders. Then Cluade saw her, the girl with the black hair and brown eyes. Cluade suddenly became self conscious, but noted how powerful of a trainer she seemed. He could hardly help his blushing as he spoke.
"She, uh, she seems... strong"

[BCOLOR=transparent]It wasn't too long until a woman appeared. Kamon swore she seemed familiar, but it was hard to put into the context of where. The pendant she wore hurt his head, it made her a hard target for him to focus on and Magic watched him. But as if he were linked with his Pokemon, Blaze the Typhlosion and Esper the Espeon and Gengar came out, in order to protect him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Who are you?" Kamon asked with a scowl.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito turned around to see this woman. She had done something bad, and Slime didn't like her much either. Akito didn't like death. Whether it was a Pokemon or not, but before Akito could even give a command. Slime belched some toxic on this woman. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon raised a brow that thing was disgusting to say the least.[/BCOLOR]
She recoiled in pain, the toxic burned her skin and barely avoided her eye's, but the stench was the worst part. The female ranger began to cough violently.
"You *gag* you little shits! Fuck the boss! I'm gonna have fun killing you!"
She jumped into the air again, disappearing into the shadows.

Cluade nodded towards the boy.
"They outnumbered you, didn't they? They tend to do that when I'm not around. Perhaps once this business is done, then we'll throw down. For now, to the Inn!"
The Inn wasn't very far away, but the trip was lengthened by they're attempt to avoid the rain. After about twenty minutes, they finally made it to the Inn. Cluade's Pokemon resting by the door. Cluade collapsed onto Emile's nose hugging him as Emile rapped vines around his friend to hug him back. The family all reunited and hugged each other before returning to their Pokeballs. Cluade opened the door, nearly knocking it off of its hinges. Shockingly, The lobby was fairly empty aside from a few people that looked like typical bystanders. Then Cluade saw her, the girl with the black hair and brown eyes. Cluade suddenly became self conscious, but noted how powerful of a trainer she seemed. He could hardly help his blushing as he spoke.

The walk to the Inn was excruciating. It seemed as though the trip would never end, but finally, after 20 minutes of maneuvering through the rain, they spotted the Inn on the horizon. They had finally arrived, clearly making out Cluade's Venasaur and Snorlax as they crept closer to the Inn's entrance. The towering, wooden Inn looked beautiful in the pouring rain, but now was not the time for Eric to stand and admire architecture. After all, they had a very important task ahead of them. It took no time for Cluade to go charging off towards Emile, falling onto the Venasaur's large snout and hugging him tight. Master and trainer were finally reunited, and Eric could almost feel the overwhelming joy radiating off of these two best friends. Seeing Cluade hug his Pokemon made Eric feel good; however, it also brought thoughts of Kyo to mind. Eric was very worried about his friend. The only thing he could do right now was wait things out and pray Kyo would be Ok. It made Eric feel helpless, a feeling he absolutely despised. They needed to get into the Inn and get on the road as quick as possible. Inside the building, there was a safe place for Kyo, and at this moment, that was all that mattered to Eric. The group proceeded to walk up the front steps and push the heavy oak door open, revealing a small number of people scattered throughout the traditional lobby.

"Nice place," said Eric to no one in-particular, Akio nodding in agreement as he enthusiastically studied his new environment.

Upon scouting the area, Eric noticed something odd about Cluade. His cheeks had turned a soft shade of pink, and his eyes were fixated on a young women off in the far corner of the lobby.

Eric gave a soft chuckle, playfully shaking his head. He had seen that look before, and he knew what it meant.

"Strong indeed."

Eric wasn't sure, but by the look of things, it didn't seem like Cluade was the type of guy to make a "first move" in these situations. With one more grin, Eric decided he would give his friend a little initiative.

"I'm going to buy us a room for tonight. Why don't you, uh, talk to the people in here. See if you can find out anything else. I'll come and get you when everything is settled."

With that, Eric gave Cluade a slight nudge in the brunette's direction. Adding to this, Akio puffed out his chest with a wink, trying to convey the idea of "confidence" to Cluade while also cheering him on.

Nestled on the far of end of a distantly placed sofa, long legs tucked beneath her, Rae hugged herself, the cotton sleeves of her oversized sweater warm against the outside chill that froze the bay view window beside her. She leaned her head against the wall, damp locks falling past her shoulders, brown eyes a little heavy though they'd been fixated on the unexpected rainfall since she'd arrived, about half an hour ago. Her nose was red, and her finger tips cold - that fall in the water had completely disheveled her morning, and left her feeling rather exhausted right about now. Still, whilst her body melted into the cushions, her mind restlessly strived for alternate approaches to the origins of those strange clouds that hovered above the inn now. She'd yet to be caught up in the rain itself, nor did she plan to embrace it anytime soon - usually she would already be standing in it as she loved to do, but either she was just getting worked up or there truly was an ominous presence that came with the manifestation of that storm. The size of that wave and how it crushed a perfectly built boat so easily, how the tide seemed hell bent and determined to swallow up the unfortunate passengers that'd fallen in... it was unnatural.

"Perhaps supernatural," She murmured, though her voice was a little hoarse from swallowing water. The thought of herself being emerged in the ocean starting to elevate her heart rate again - to soothe herself she released Lottie, who gave one, elated bark before she curled up at her trainer's feet and rested her eyes on the door, tail silently thudding as Rae let an arm hang down and ran her finger's along the canine's well groomed fur.

She'd just started to shift into a more comfortable position when the front door was yanked open, causing those that occupied the lobby to react in a startled manner one way or another. Her caramel orbs peered up beneath thick lashes at the individuals that entered, both relatively attractive males, one red head in particular making her adjust her position and tug down her sweater a little. She didn't recognize either, though from the way they carried themselves, and the little yellow mouse clinging to one specifically, she could tell they were trainers of some kind. Which was a refreshing sight, considering she hadn't seen any since she'd boarded that damned boat. Resting her head on arms folded atop the arm of the sofa, she blinked tiredly and wondered if she should try asking them if they know anything behind this storm that seemingly birthed from nowhere. Her legs felt heavy when she urged them to move though, so she just stayed as she was for a little bit.​

Reactions: RestlessComfort

"I'm going to buy us a room for tonight. Why don't you, uh, talk to the people in here. See if you can find out anything else. I'll come and get you when everything is settled."

Eric's nudge is what really got the message across, making the words replay in Cluade's head, weighing far more than words had the right to. His blush became more apparent as Eric moved towards the counter to buy a room. Thing's seemed to move in slow motion as he looked back to the girl, his eyes filled with fear as he considered simply running off to tackle the situation by himself again.
No, you promised Eric, you can do this. She's a trainer, a strong trainer, a strong female trainer, a strong and pretty female trainer... Alright, you know what? Stop it, get yourself together, man!
He took a deep breath and tried to look confident, in what little time he had lived with his father he had learned he should respectful to everyone, especially women, but since he was bad at this he tended to avoid people, especially women. Cluade wasn't really sure how to go about this, so he did what he knew best: He walked straight toward the brunette and talked to her.
"Nasty storm out there, would you like to stop it?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did the pendant give her unnatural resistances? Any normal person hit by toxic would have fainted by now. They wouldn't have been standing normally with toxic. As long as he could focus on her energy signal, even if she didn't know where she was. It meant he knew she was here. His head was pounding though. The pendant. The source of the energy it hurt his head with the amount of power coming off of it. Except that he had a mild advantage in this case.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Orb, go find her," Kamon told the Gengar through their mental link. Sharing thoughts between minds. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hoot, I need you to get those people at the inn, show them how to get here," he told Hoot through the mental link.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It will be carried out," Hoot said flying towards the city. While Gengar simply disappeared.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Akito," Kamon called out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"There's a voice in my head?" Akito responded with his thoughts, he was about to say something out loud.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shut up," Kamon told Akito, "Get over here into the forcefield. Magic and I will hold it. While Gengar uses scary face on this woman."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yessss, I got it," Orb said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How are you talking in my head?" Akito asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'll explain later," Kamon told Akito.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito simply nodded and quickly trotted over to hide in the forcefield, that Akito assumed the Alakazam could carry for an indefinite amount of time. But Kamon? He was struggling.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Are you sure you can hold this?" Akito asked in the forcefield.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"For now, yes, till Hoot gets back," Kamon responded. The problem was the pendant and the clouds. It was interfering with his signal.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What's going on?" Akito asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did he seriously forget? Kamon frowned. Magic holding the forcefield with one hand, put a supportive hand on Kamon's shoulder.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"This energy is certainly powerful, that pendant there is something wrong with it, don't push yourself too hard," Magic told him, knowing full well Kamon was going to completely ignore what he had to say. Kamon was all heated up. Irritated. This much Magic could tell.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Something about the death of people, and Kamon not be a people person, but he never wanted to see people or Pokemon Dead. Or the unknown source of power Kamon could not read. Magic knew this was difficult for him. As did Esper, as he nuzzled up to Kamon to provide some support with the shield. While Blaze stood guard ready to defend and burn whatever got in his wake.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This was their bond. This is where most of his strength came from. The love and devotion years of training and adventuring had honed. [/BCOLOR]

As the sun rose higher in the sky Nick began to stir under the tree he had decided to take refuge the night before. Tara, always being the early bird that she was, notices the minute twitches that came before Nick woke every morning. Not wanting to get off schedule, she decided to wake him up. Walking over to him she decided to mimic an alarm clock and scream as loud as she could. Nick jolted awake and began to quickly scan the area for any danger that would come. Seeing that it was only Tara, he began to wake up the other members of his small family and continue with the day. Averroes was always just like Nick. At the sound of Tara's scream he raced up the tree to check the area. This just left Henry asleep. Nick contemplated letting him sleep for a while longer but then that would waist daylight. Nick slowly shook Henry's body and in no time all three heads were up and running. Now that everyone was up it was time to get going. Everyone split up and scavenged for food. They met back at the tree and combined the various foods into one pile before they split it into portions amongst themselves. This was always the hard part because Henry could not decide what their portion should be given that he had three heads with different minds and only one stomach. Throughout Breakfast Henry argued with himself while the rest ate in silence. Averroes finished his portion first and stared at Nick. Nick stared back at Averroes and said "Alright alright, i know. we should be hitting the road. Lets all get ready so we can leave."
In no time at all they were on the road heading towards Pastoria City. It wasn't long after that it happened. Suddenly the air grew cold. The change was so sudden that it was like Nick had stepped out of a hot spring and into the cold winter air. Nicks skin was still warm but the cool air quickly changed that. Then it began to rain. As drops fell on to Nicks skin he could feel his energy drain. Nick knew something was horribly wrong but be did not have time to investigate. He had to get out of this rain and he had to do it now. Nick and his Pokemon dashed down the road looking for some kind of shelter. It was then that Nick remembered the inn in Pastoria. He didn't have enough money for a room but he was sure that they would not mind if he stayed in the lobby until this awful rain passed. With every step Nick could feel his energy draining as small droplets fell on his skin. All he knew is that he had to make it or it was the end for him. If there was one thing Nick was good at, it was overcoming the odds. Nick knew he could not let his Pokemon stay in this so he returned all but Averroes who refused to leave Nick alone. Soon Nick could see the inn. He Knew he was almost done but every step was increasingly harder. I have to make it! Nick screamed in his head. Finally he could see it, the door. It was right there. Nick pushed with everything he had left and slammed into the door. He throw it open and jumped inside with Averroes close behind him. He had made it. Nick sat on the floor near the door and began to rest.​

Status
Not open for further replies.