Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brunette hadn't had anytime to respond before the boy smashed through the door and sat directly on the ground in front of the door. The small man looked really worse for ware, he hadn't even bothered to close the door. Cluade looked at him in surprise and bewilderment, he knew that he had always been on the bigger side, but this kid just seemed so... tiny. Not just in stature, either, he looked pessimistic, rude, and even downright criminal, he reminded Cluade of himself when he was younger.
"Uh, hold on a second." Cluade said to the brunette before walking back to the door.
He shut the door and looked down at the boy on the floor.
"There's, um... There's a couch, a couple actually..."
As he spoke he looked around the room, when he looked back at the boy he still hadn't moved, not even opening his eyes to look back at him. Cluade let out a sigh and made his way back to brunette.

"Anyway, your response?"

The brunette hadn't had anytime to respond before the boy smashed through the door and sat directly on the ground in front of the door. The small man looked really worse for ware, he hadn't even bothered to close the door. Cluade looked at him in surprise and bewilderment, he knew that he had always been on the bigger side, but this kid just seemed so... tiny. Not just in stature, either, he looked pessimistic, rude, and even downright criminal, he reminded Cluade of himself when he was younger.
"Uh, hold on a second." Cluade said to the brunette before walking back to the door.
He shut the door and looked down at the boy on the floor.
"There's, um... There's a couch, a couple actually..."
As he spoke he looked around the room, when he looked back at the boy he still hadn't moved, not even opening his eyes to look back at him. Cluade let out a sigh and made his way back to brunette.

"Anyway, your response?"

Rae peered up at him with full lips pressed together, having not expected such a candid individual to approach her with the very topic plaguing her mind. She sat up a little, brow eyes inquisitive as they trailed up the towering individual. Yet another kid stumbled in, placing himself just before the door, apparently oblivious or apathetic to the slight disruption he'd caused. Rae could care less at this moment, however, who entered that door - this stranger seemed to have some inkling of an answer she wanted, and for that her interest was piqued.

Lottie apparently felt no threat and instead of barking or growling, she circled the male a few times before tilting up her cold nose and pressing her warm tongue to his hand.

"Stop the storm?" She asked, but couldn't feign disinterest for any sort of leverage. Running her fingers through her damp locks, she added, "And how would we - Mmm, why do you want to do that? What's the truth about those freak clouds outside?"

Reactions: RestlessComfort
For the first time in a long time, a smile appeared on Cluade's face, a real smile. She was asking the right questions now, ethical ones that he could answer without looking too insane. The Sylveon that had sat next to the girl had seemingly opened up to him as well, licking his knuckles after circling and observing him to gather some sort of instinctual information.
"Well, a couple of reasons. Obviously it's unnaturally dangerous, no storm should be able to drop ships and tear through docks as quickly as this one has. The rain isn't just cold, it's bone chilling, and every drop seems to take more and more out of you. Plus, you ever see clouds like that? Cause I've seen a lot in my life, from hurricanes to rainbows that last for days, and I sure haven't seen any purple clouds fill up the sky till now." He turned his entire body to face the brunette.
"As for why I in particular want to stop it. Well, if I think- if I know there's a way to stop it, to help people, who am I to not follow through? Who's to say it shouldn't be me-" Cluade looked off to see Eric at the counter, Riken standing in the corner, and finally back to the storm outside the window.
"Shouldn't be us to ease the burden of others?"

I just want to get even with whoever tried to drown me, that bastard or, those bastards, have it coming.

"You make a good argument, stranger. Lucky for you three, I'm already in, couldn't imagine what all the wildlife is enduring right now.." She offered a half smile, and then introduced herself as Rae. "The energy draining is disconcerting, however, I didn't experience the rain itself when I arrived, just watched the ocean eat our sea vessel," She patted her lap, signaling for the canine to jump up on the sofa, which she did.

As the brunette pulled a rather fancy looking brush from the bag beside her, she started to diligently run the bristles through Lottie's coat, pressing down tufts of fur and smoothing her coat along all sides. The empathy pokemon rested its chin upon paws perched on its trainer's lap, tail lightly thudding against the cushion in the presence of this stranger. "We can't head back out in the wake of all that rain without at least attempting a proper... Shield, or barrier. That should be our first priority - one would assume that psychic pokemon will come in handy here, I have one myself. That's just my opinion, of course." Lottie barked in agreement, while Cayde's capsule shivered in anticipation at the mentioning of being needed.

She was in, and she was smart as well. Despite their new ally, something else was still bothering him. Rea had said that she was on the boat when the storm hit, this was no coincidence, the woman from before had targeted them, all of these strong trainers that would be riding the boat to Unova. He decided to keep this to himself, trying not to cause any form of unnecessary stress.
"Right, my friends and I all made it here without one, but it turned a five minute walk into a twenty minute stealth mission. I don't want to put too much pressure on any of the Pokemon though, one barrier per Person should be fine. I know Eric's got a couple of Pokemon with strong auras, they should suffice for him. His Lucario, Kyo, took a bit of a dive before we came here, though, I'm sure he'll be fine but we can't rely on him to save us if we end up worse for ware. You've got a Pokemon to cover your back, and I'm sure Riken can manage, he was leading the charge and made it here faster than any of us. We should be good to go."
Cluade spoke confidently, seemingly dead set on rushing back outside into the terrible storm as quickly as possible. Though it seemed he was forgetting something.

"Hear that Cayde? You're useful again!"

The capsule popped open, revealing the telepathic pokemon, of whom offered his trainer a bit of a smirk before taking a seat on the sofa as wellin a meditative stance. He kept one eye open, and studied the man before him, You needn't worry about us, either. I can manage.

"Is that... Excitement I hear?" Teased the young woman, eyes glinting with mischief.

I thought we lived for challenges? He straightened his posture and before the creature hovered two crystals, trapped within a dimly lit orb. Just a relaxation technique. ...I do implore you to rest up as you see fit. The storm isn't going anywhere, though neither will we if anyone is exhausted.

Rae's smile faded a little as the wounded Lucario came to mind. They were known as one to the strongest competitive assets out there, if one fell amidst their circumstances it signified just how powerful their enigmatic foe could be. Putting her team through anything life threatening was against her preferences, but if they didn't clear this mess up soon, it might be too late for anyone. "I hate not having options."

Don't over think. We aren't even outside yet.

"It's not the storm that I'm worried about gettin' away." Cluade said, his confidence being replaced by a sudden shroud of worry. "There are some people out there that I know are in deep. Though I suppose we aren't in much of a position to rush."
Cluade bit his lip, thinking about leaving Akito and Kamon made him feel guilty, but he knew they could handle themselves for the time being. He was beginning to get anxious from staying in one place for so long, usually he'd just camp outside, away from people and without walls to constrict him. He needed to move.
"Tell ya what, I'll go check in with Eric, I wanna be sure we're all ready before we head out there."
He quickly turned around before remembering what he had forgotten. He turned back to Rea for a quick second.

"By the way, the name's Cluade, pleasure to meat ya."
and with that he strolled over to Eric, who had simply been observing the conversation from the front counter.

"Hey, She's in, I wanna get moving as quickly as possible, but I'm worried about Kyo. Do you think you can manage?"

"It's not the storm that I'm worried about gettin' away." Cluade said, his confidence being replaced by a sudden shroud of worry. "There are some people out there that I know are in deep. Though I suppose we aren't in much of a position to rush."
Cluade bit his lip, thinking about leaving Akito and Kamon made him feel guilty, but he knew they could handle themselves for the time being. He was beginning to get anxious from staying in one place for so long, usually he'd just camp outside, away from people and without walls to constrict him. He needed to move.
"Tell ya what, I'll go check in with Eric, I wanna be sure we're all ready before we head out there."
He quickly turned around before remembering what he had forgotten. He turned back to Rea for a quick second.

"By the way, the name's Cluade, pleasure to meat ya."
and with that he strolled over to Eric, who had simply been observing the conversation from the front counter.

"Hey, She's in, I wanna get moving as quickly as possible, but I'm worried about Kyo. Do you think you can manage?"

Eric had been watching the entire interaction from the check-in counter. Getting a room only took 30 seconds. The rest of the time was spent watching Cluade talk to this attractive, yet mysterious women. It seemed like it was going well. Cluade hadn't made a complete fool of himself yet, and the women actually looked like she was enjoying his company, which pleasantly surprised Eric.

"Not bad Cluade," Eric whispered to himself with a grin.

The only thing that had taken anymore of Eric's attention was when the sickly, small looking boy had suddenly smashed into the lobby and collapsed to the ground. Once the attention had finally been taken off of the boy though, Eric looked back to Cluade and his new friend. A soft smile came across Eric's face as their conversation ended and Cluade made his way towards the check-in counter.

"Hey there captain," Eric said playfully.

Eric took a second to really think about Cluade's question. Could he managed? Eric had always relied on Kyo's impressive battling ability and friendship ever since he was a small boy. This would be the first time ever that he couldn't completely rely on Kyo. Upon thinking it through, he decided that he had plenty of other strong Pokemon, and he would be OK with their help. He knew Kyo would do what he could, and that's all he could really ask for.

"Me and Kyo will be alright. We are ready to go when you are. Let's round up the cavalry and head ou --"

Eric paused mid-sentence as the boy who had burst into the Inn earlier came to mind. He looked over to where the boy was sitting, and subtly pointed at him.

"Do you think we should ask him to come along? He came in with an Espeon, which means he's a trainer. The more people we can recruit to help, the better off we will be. After all, we can't be absolutely sure how strong this women is."

With that, Eric stood up straight, his Pikachu still staring at the odd boy in the corner.

Last edited:

Eric had been watching the entire interaction from the check-in counter. Getting a room only took 30 seconds. The rest of the time was spent watching Cluade talk to this attractive, yet mysterious women. It seemed like it was going well. Cluade hadn't made a complete fool of himself yet, and the women actually looked like she was enjoying his company, which pleasantly surprised Eric.

"Not bad Cluade," Eric whispered to himself with a grin.

The only thing that had taken anymore of Eric's attention was when the sickly, small looking boy had suddenly smashed into the lobby and collapsed to the ground. Once the attention was finally taken off of the boy though, Eric looked back to Cluade and his new friend. A soft smile came across Eric's face as their conversation ended and Cluade made his way towards the check-in counter.

"Hey there captain," Eric said playfully.

Eric took a second to really think about Cluade's question. Could he managed? Eric had always relied on Kyo's impressive battling ability and friendship ever since he was a small boy. This would be the first time ever that he couldn't completely rely on Kyo. Upon thinking it through, he decided that he had plenty of other strong Pokemon that, and he would be OK. He knew Kyo would do what he could, and that's all he needed to be sure.

"Me and Kyo will be alright. We are ready to go when you are. Let's round up the cavalry and head ou --"

Eric paused mid-sentence as the boy who had burst into the Inn earlier came to mind. He looked over to where the boy was sitting, and subtly pointed at him.

"Do you think we should ask him to come along? He came in with an Espeon, which means he's a trainer. The more people we can recruit to help, the better off we will be. After all, we can't be absolutely sure how strong this women is."

With that, Eric stood up straight, his Pikachu still staring at the odd boy in the corner.

Cluade glanced over to small boy, his stomach turned at the thought of interacting with him. If he was anything like Cluade was before he got a bit more control of himself, then he would be antsy at best. He looked back to Eric, his eyes unsure and full of doubt.
"I've pretty much used up all of my social capabilities for the month, I'm confident enough with Rea, but we could use all the help we can get... I'll leave this one to you, if you don't mind, 'captain.'"

Eric joined Cluade and Akio by looking at the malnourished boy once more. The boy did look pretty beat up. They needed every bit of help they could get, this was true, but somehow, it didn't really seem like this boy could give them a terrible amount. After arguing back and forth with himself for a moment, he gave a soft sigh, then began to speak.

"Sure. I suppose it would be unfair to make you do all the work."

He looked back to Cluade, smiling brightly.

"I'll talk to him. While I do that, perhaps you should go and talk to your friend some more," Eric said gesturing towards her with his head. "Bring her up to speed on everything we know? She should be aware of what she is really getting herself into."

Cluade grimaced, when he had said he had used up his social capabilities, he meant it. Eric was right, though, Rea deserved to know. Regardless of how stunning she was, he had to be responsible, even if that meant coming off as completely crazy. He made his way back to the dainty brunette, she had taken to idly chatting with her Alakazam. Rea's attention shifted back to Cluade as he drew near, clearly eager for an answer, her stare made him nervous.
"We're about ready to head out, Eric wants to check if we can get anymore help, though I doubt we need it. In the mean time I thought I should fill you in on the insanity up to this point, though I'm sure you've experienced your fare share. So, where should I start?"

The brunette sat up, though was still partially sunk into the mocha colored cushion, playing with one of Cayde's chakra crystals whilst she pondered on what she'd ask him. It was starting to rain harder, indicated by the gradually loudening splatter of water colliding with the windows - the noise made her a little uncomfortable, as loud things often did. "What is the nature of this storm, like, where'd it come from? I don't have much of a mental compass, but it seemed to be trailing from behind the boat I took to get here. And suddenly it's hovering above the inn, and doesn't seem intent on moving although it had to cover quite a bit of mileage to cross the ocean like it did."

"If it's draining energy... Does that mean it's getting more powerful? Or just eating life forces? Does that seem like something anything other than a pokemon could do? I've read a lot of stories about yvetal causing chaos in a dark cluster, but we'd all be turned to stone by now if that was the case..."

Once they were finished speaking, Eric and Cluade both went their separate ways. It wasn't intentional, but Eric felt as though he might of gotten on Cluade's nerves a little bit with the small amount of teasing he did. If that was the case, he would have to apologize later for it. Eric didn't have time to dwell on it now. He had something more important to tend to: recruiting the small boy in the corner of the lobby to help them stop this mysterious women. With 2 more strong trainers on their side, Eric had no doubt that they could defeat this murderer, and hopefully, stop the storm. Eric slowly approached the red-haired boy, who was still panting from his endeavor. He got down on one knee, looking into the boy's eyes.

"Hey, you alright?"

Last edited:
The brunette sat up, though was still partially sunk into the mocha colored cushion, playing with one of Cayde's chakra crystals whilst she pondered on what she'd ask him. It was starting to rain harder, indicated by the gradually loudening splatter of water colliding with the windows - the noise made her a little uncomfortable, as loud things often did. "What is the nature of this storm, like, where'd it come from? I don't have much of a mental compass, but it seemed to be trailing from behind the boat I took to get here. And suddenly it's hovering above the inn, and doesn't seem intent on moving although it had to cover quite a bit of mileage to cross the ocean like it did."

"If it's draining energy... Does that mean it's getting more powerful? Or just eating life forces? Does that seem like something anything other than a pokemon could do? I've read a lot of stories about yvetal causing chaos in a dark cluster, but we'd all be turned to stone by now if that was the case..."
Cluade was taken aback by the questions, she was already so on point with her information, maybe he wouldn't look like a complete loony. At the very least, the thought boosted his confidence and made Rea easier to talk to: a trait that he appreciated thoroughly. He took a moment to think over her questions.
"As for where it came from, we've pretty much nailed it down to Unova, and we have a- had a psychic and a priest to back us up on that. The fact that it's hoverin' over Pastoria instead of continuin' on past it is what worries me most, something's anchorin' it here, and I'm afraid I think I know what it is. I think you're exactly right, a Pokemon must have started it, it looks like some twisted rain dance of sorts, but that would have dispersed by now, definitely wouldn't make it all the way from Unova. Maybe it is running off of life force, but it can't be using all of it just to keep the storm up, the fact that it made it so far mean's it must be a legendary behind it, which means it should be able to go on for even longer than it has. The rest of the energy has got to be goin' somewhere..."

Rae giggled a little at the mentioning of a psychic and a priest, until the usage of had finally resonated with her, and instead of a smile her face was washed over with remorse for even chortling in the first place. Though her head hung a little, she still peered up at him, doe eyes mirroring concern beneath thick lashes. "A legendary... Oh, I wish it were Suicune..." The brunette had a fascination for the dog trio, specifically the water purifier, the water color paintings and descriptions of it's nature made her swoon.

Mewtwo caused a similar issue not too long ago, if you recall, Rae, Cayde mentioned., referring to an isolated incident on an island years back.

"The last thing I want to think about is going up against something like that," She offered a sheepish smile, pulling her hair to the side and stroking it with soft swipes for comfort. Lottie could sense her trainer's bit of unease, and let out a little reassuring growl, which Cayde translated as we can do it, don't worry.

"Arceus be with us," She murmured, and then shifted in her seat a little. "Perhaps Unova is the answer, then, if you can say with certainty that's where it blew in, and I won't doubt you or your friends. For all we know there's something similar going on there, some maniacal uprising with a bunch of over dressed zealots." It almost seemed as if her hypothetical theorizing calmed her, considering the typical reasons behind their world's issues made her feel a little more in control, and she kicked back on the couch once more, long legs reaching the other end, arms folded behind her head whilst Lottie curled up at her side, and Cayde hovered just above in meditation. "Ready when you are, I don't need mental prepping, bring it on."

Something about her words was so methodical, so entrancing, it was as if her mentioning overdressed zealots and maniacal uprisings made the situation a million times more pleasant. Cluade however, having been in such a situation before, knew they were anything but. Despite the unearthed memories, he still managed a smile and a nod, his boldness restored.
"Right then, we're just waiting on Eric, now."

Once Nick sat on the floor he began to gather up what little energy he had left. As he rested he listened through the room for anything that could be of use to him. Not long after, a tall red haired man approached him from the corner of the Inn and closed the door that he had left open.
"There's, um... There's a couch, a couple actually..." After that, the tall man went back to the girl he was flirting with before.
I am not going to waist my energy on something so trivial as a luxury. The floor suits me fine and i will only be here till the rain passes Nick thought to himself. He then began to go on a small rant in his head about how people were too attached to their life of luxury and how they put too much focus on what was proper.
They rarely see the world for what it is, a vicious and cold place where anything can and does happen. In nature, you have to fight for everything that you have and nothing is given. You can be there one day and gone the next; and they are worried about me sitting in a couch? How absurd is that!
Just then the red haired man went over to another tall, blond man and they began to chat about going somewhere. Do they know something about this rain? Nick thought to himself. Their talking about leaving the inn and the girl is going with them? They must know something. I have to find out what it is. Wait, they are talking about me. Do i want to go? If it means finding out about this rain and stopping it so i can go back to my life i will do it!
Nick watched as the blond haired man walked up to him and began to ready himself if this went bad. "Hay, you alright?"
"Ya, I'm alright. I couldn't help but to over hear you and your friend talking. What is it that you want from me and what do you know about this rain?

"This was what surfing Rhyhorns were built for - stormy weather..."

The one known as 'Risk', accompanied by an Azumarill and Jolteon, walked over to the group.

"Was anyone speaking of Legendary Pokemon and the weather? I couldn't help but notice your little discussion..."

He coughs a little.

"I have heard tales of an ancient Unovan Pokemon that has the authority over the world's lightning and flames. If you believe in Fairy Tales, I can tell you what I recall from this story, get it out of my system and all."

@Naton @Red crow @R E I @RestlessComfort

As the words hit Cluade's ears he frowned and shook his head, he felt like calling legendary Pokemon 'fairy tails' was a bit like calling a storm that can sink ships within ten minutes of showing up a mere nightmare. He turned to where the voice had come from to see yet another small person, even smaller this time! He was already taller than Eric, Riken, and Rea, but he was beginning to feel like a giant, a thought that he found far less ideal than most. If the person was any smaller then Cluade would have had to kneel down to look them in the eye.
"I'm willing to listen."
@Crow

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did the pendant give her unnatural resistances? Any normal person hit by toxic would have fainted by now. They wouldn’t have been standing normally with toxic. As long as he could focus on her energy signal, even if she didn’t know where she was. It meant he knew she was here. His head was pounding though. The pendant. The source of the energy it hurt his head with the amount of power coming off of it. Except that he had a mild advantage in this case.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Orb, go find her,” Kamon told the Gengar through their mental link. Sharing thoughts between minds. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Hoot, I need you to get those people at the inn, show them how to get here,” he told Hoot through the mental link.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“It will be carried out,” Hoot said flying towards the city. While Gengar simply disappeared.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Akito,” Kamon called out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“There’s a voice in my head?” Akito responded with his thoughts, he was about to say something out loud.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Shut up,” Kamon told Akito, “Get over here into the forcefield. Magic and I will hold it. While Gengar uses scary face on this woman.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Yessss, I got it,” Orb said.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“How are you talking in my head?” Akito asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“I’ll explain later,” Kamon told Akito.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito simply nodded and quickly trotted over to hide in the forcefield, that Akito assumed the Alakazam could carry for an indefinite amount of time. But Kamon? He was struggling.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Are you sure you can hold this?” Akito asked in the forcefield.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“For now, yes, till Hoot gets back,” Kamon responded. The problem was the pendant and the clouds. It was interfering with his signal.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“What’s going on?” Akito asked.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Did he seriously forget? Kamon frowned. Magic holding the forcefield with one hand, put a supportive hand on Kamon’s shoulder.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“This energy is certainly powerful, that pendant there is something wrong with it, don’t push yourself too hard,” Magic told him, knowing full well Kamon was going to completely ignore what he had to say. Kamon was all heated up. Irritated. This much Magic could tell.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Something about the death of people, and Kamon not be a people person, but he never wanted to see people or Pokemon Dead. Or the unknown source of power Kamon could not read. Magic knew this was difficult for him. As did Esper, as he nuzzled up to Kamon to provide some support with the shield. While Blaze stood guard ready to defend and burn whatever got in his wake.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This was their bond. This is where most of his strength came from. The love and devotion years of training and adventuring had honed. [/BCOLOR]
A few seconds lasted before the woman had leaped again from the shadows, a quickly moving Gengar close behind, she jumped back up into the shadows and landed back down on the ground, neither her or the Gengar showing any signs of wear and tear. This cycle happened a few more times before the ranger landed again, this time alone, she sprinted towards the barrier that Kamon held, unleashing her knife on it and landing a few good hits.
"YOU CAN'T KEEP IT UP FOREVER!!!" She screamed, her eyes open wide and her pupils small, the burns from the toxic leaving deep, discolored marks in her skin.
The Gengar landed again behind her, looking stressed out and even a little tired. It chased after her again, forcing her back up into the shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.