Pokemon: The Rise of Shadow | IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=transparent]Arriving earlier, apparently drifting with the Drifblim sailing across Sinnoh itself. Akito arrived in Pastoria before the clouds and the events. The thing was he was chased out of Pastoria because apparently there was something wrong with Slime. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They told him, pretty much the same thing any city or town has told him, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Either put your Muk in the Pokeball or get out of town"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]. So he had been traveling along the route around Pastoria city. Most of the trainers already knew him. They waved and pleasantly greeted him as he pased by. Few were new and wanted to challenge him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Until they didn't feel like fighting the moment he took out Slime. He simply didn't get it. Akito was now looking at Slime. Who was looking at him. A bit of grass had choked underneath Slime's body. Except that either Akito was completely oblivious to this fact or that he was somewhere else in the distance of his thoughts he finally came to the conclusion that no one else would come to the conclusion of.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You just need a wash Slime," Akito finally told his brother in arms.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Grup grup," Slime protested in slimy rebellion. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito took out a sponge and a wash bucket from his Pikachu backpack, except that Slime didn't agree with this assessment Akito had made. When he touched the sponge to Slime's body, it only melted away and yet, passersby were watching a man in a monk's outfit throwing gallons of soapy water on a Muk. That only smelled pleasant for about a nanosecond.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito put his hand to his chin in thought. He had forgotten something important. Hadn't he? It was slowly coming back to him. The important mission he was on. As a Pokemon sage, he was to purify the darkness coming from Unova. Akito looked at the Great Ball. Slime looked at Akito.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Grup grup rawgrup," Muk protested.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I must respect the request of the others, we must travel to Unova," Akito told Slime. Slime folded his two arms together at first, but finally accepted being placed into the Great Ball. Wandering into Pastoria town, there were two significant events going on.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A cranky young man yelling at people, two trainers preparing for a battle, that never came. Mysterious figures Akito didn't like. And then the rest kind of slip his mind. Till the dark clouds began to appear. He looked at the clouds. He didn't need special powers to understand the importance of those clouds.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whether or not it was liked, Akito simply forgot where he was going and wandered off to follow another young man who said something about Pokemon rangers. That was the last thing Akito remembered. [/BCOLOR]

It had only been about ten minutes until Cluade first looked back, He didn't see what he was expecting to, to say the least. When he turned around he saw a plain faced ghostly figure clad in black was following close behind. For a moment Cluade thought the man was with the other suspicious men in black, but after taking a second look at the monk robes and look on his face, he realized that wasn't the case.
"What the hell!? What are you doin' It's dangerous out here!"
The man simply smiled back and said something that Cluade couldn't hear through the sounds of the oncoming storm.
"Wha- forget it! You need to-" Another drop of the freezing rain hit him again, forcing a sharp, ragged breath out of him. It was falling in closer and more rapidly now, moving in like a wall of arrows from the heavens, screaming "death, death." The man looked more or less unperturbed by the rain, despite it's effect so far on people and Pokemon.
"Whatever, you seem like you can handle yourself, so just stick with me until we find the Rangers. After that we need to hurry our asses back to Great Lake Inn, I got a... I know someone there and I'd like to meet up with my friends. what's your name?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Behind a black curving cape is a bright person with a dark destination," Akito responded to the stranger, "Therefore I am Kurosaki Akito. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and you would be?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was a bright flash of light, Slime couldn't contain himself in confinement any longer. All though truth be told it might have been because he felt the dark energy. Even Akito could feel the darkness awakening.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Danger may it be, we walk side by side Pokemon have sworn an unspoken duty," Akito told this new person with an assured nod.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Grup grup," Slime nodded with just as much nodding.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Cluade took a moment to just look at Akito and the Muk with a confused and slightly annoyed expression. The Muk stunk to high heavens but Arceus be damned if a little stench was going to stop him from helping people, besides, Akito seemed nice enough.
Don't be rude, just for once, don't be a dick. He pleaded with himself.
"The name's Cluade, now listen, we don't have much time and there's some real creeps prowlin' around. If one of these guys show up, or even if it's a mob of em, you and your friend there back off. Got it?" He said sternly and intensely.

Riken was wandering through the forest after losing his partner Eric and eventually spying a Venasaur with Eric wrapped in vines on its back. "Man that Eric always getting himself in trouble without me." Riken looks to Diamond and Blade. "Think you can do something in the rain Diamond?" Diamond stares back intently at Riken showing that Diamond was ready to fight even in the rain that's starting. "Ok Diamond Tackle that Venasaur and Blade after Diamond does that try to cut the vines to free Eric." Diamond then slithers forward at a high speed to tackle the Venasur with Blade following behind. "Hey there Eric I see your still getting in trouble without me." Riken yells down at Eric.

Alex was the first one to catch up to his Venasuar friend. As he dashed through the trees with the speed befitting a Primape such as himself, he grew angrier and angrier at the thought of Cluade demanding they let him go in alone. The rest of his siblings were likely just as bothered by this and following close behind him, but they couldn't keep up with his speed. The thought just continued to burrow and weigh on him until he was fully infuriated.
"That jerk!" He yelled in his high pitched squeak. "If he gets hurt I'm gonna kill em!"
Alex continuously got angrier and angrier, to the point where he was seeing red, the first hostile would certainly regret being anywhere near him. Well, the dazzling Steelix certainly didn't appreciate it's momentum being countered by a hard cross chop to its head. The Steelix quickly recovered and rose it's entire, massive body to peer over the intruder, but Alex didn't back down, if anything he became even angrier. He stomped the ground over and over again, breathing heavily and making snorting sounds when he inhaled, but in his anger he didn't notice the quickly approaching Scizor, which knocked him to the side with a quick fury cutter. Before Alex could be struck a second time, a familiar Houndoom friend came to his rescue, Bruiser hit the Scizor hard with a bright flamethrower, not quite knocking it out, but pushing it to the ground: very wounded. Emperor and Lilith both entered the scene ready for battle. The Scizor and Steelix could have taken Emile alone, they could have beaten Alex, they may have even had triumphed over Bruiser with the right tactics, but everyone was out now. They were a large, powerful family ready to attack in complete and utter fellowship, like a symphony of death.
"STOP!" Emile yelled to the other Pokemon, which caused his four siblings to halt entirely and look over to him as he lunched a leach seed up into the air. The seed landed on Emile's own flower and began to, quite clearly painfully, sap the Venasuar of his own power. he then extended two vines over to the Scizor and Steelix. Riken watched as yellow orbs of energy spiraled towards his injured friends, restoring them quickly. The two pokemon stared at the Venasuar, shocked and clearly not used to being healed by their opponent. Emile looked up at Riken, who stared back in disbelief, and he just shook his head. He knew Riken wouldn't understand him when he spoke, they didn't know each other, so instead of saying anything he just used a vine to tap his back and another to point towards the Inn. He finished gesturing and glanced at Riken hopefully, waiting to see what he would do.

After seeing his pokemon outnumbered Riken was getting annoyed that's the only reason he was beaten in the last tournament he was in. Riken was getting ready to get into the fight himself which was clearly a bad idea, but luckily his Bee Drill Venom stopped him and told him that they were heading to the inn with his partner. Riken just glared at the group before him and walked to his two partners Diamond and Blade and then began to head in the direction of the inn.

The battle might have been quick, but it was very intense. Everything had happened in the blink of an eye. One minute, Eric and all of his Pokemon, including those that belonged to Cluade, were trotting down route 213 heading for the Inn. The next minute, different shouts were being thrown at him from separate directions and Pokemon were colliding in battle. Immediately, Eric's slight sense of security was obliterated. He couldn't tell who was approaching, or what kinds of Pokemon were suddenly attacking his group. This alone made Eric feel very uncomfortable -- until he heard a familiar voice speaking to him from a distance.

"Hey there Eric I see your still getting in trouble without me."

It was Riken and his team of well-trained Pokemon. Before Eric could respond or explain his predicament, the innocent route had become a battlefield. Primeapes were taking on Steelix, Scizors and Houndooms collided in heated combat. Eric even pleaded with both sides in an attempt to stop them from fighting, but his voice was drowned out by the clashing attacks and monstrous roars erupting from the Pokemon. It wasn't until the large Venasuar stepped in that all the Pokemon ceased what they were doing. Much to Eric's surprise, the gentle giant had drained much of its' own energy in order to heal his opponent's. Finally, the fighting was over, and it was clear to Riken now that no harm was intended for his partner. With this realization, Riken stopped his Pokemon from attacking and decided to join Eric and the Pokemon in their search of the Inn.

Everything was fine until Eric really began to notice something. The vines were becoming a problem. Eric had started to develop a rash on both of his arms, his Pokemon looking worse for wear as the trip continued. Of course the Venasaur wasn't intending for any discomfort, but even so, he couldn't stand by and let his Pokemon suffer any longer. Eric decided that, at the very least, he should get his Pokemon to safety. He began to wriggle and squirm until he finally got his right hand up to his belt. From there, one by one, he removed the Pokeballs from his belt and began to recall each one of his Pokemon. After a few minutes of this, all of Eric's Pokemon were safely inside of their Pokeballs -- all except one. Akio. Because the young Pikachu had been frightened by the storm earlier, it had taken refuge in Eric's bag, which was still strapped to his back. Unknowing of his Akio's condition, Eric decided to take action and shouted down to Emile.

"You have to stop!"

The giant was very well trained trained to follow Cluade's orders. It had seemingly ignored Eric's request. Eric knew that if he was to make a plea for Akio, Emile would more then likely ignore him. He needed a way to get Emile's attention and get the behemoth to release him.

"If you won't do it for me, then do it for Cluade!" Eric shouted. "He is out there by himself right now; alone in a terrible storm! Cluade is a good man, but he is foolish to run off like this -- or at least, foolish to do it alone. If you let me go, I can help him! I'll find him, and once I do, I will take care of him! Just let me get all of you to safety and leave to go help him." Emile's ears had begun to perk up. "It may already be too late."

Last edited by a moderator:
"This is ridiculous!" Alex screamed as Emile lowered Eric to the ground. "Cluade can handle this himself!"
"No, no he can't." Emile responded calmly. "He's too... he's too willing to risk his life for others, we both know that and we know that he is strong, but this storm... It's foul, actually deathly, If i don't do something then our brother may die. I can feel it, the storm has life, malicious life, smart life..."
"I'm with him on this." Bruiser pitched in.
"We should drop the tiny man, for the All King" Emperor said in a single breath.
"Is... Is big bro gonna be okay?" Lilith said with a tear in her eye.
Alex looked at all of his siblings for a moment, deep in thought. Finally, the Primape spoke.
"Fine, but don't come crawling to me when he gets on your case about it, I was simply outvoted."
Emile released Eric, who stumbled about a bit as a Pikachu sprung from his backpack.

"Little one, my goodness, I am so sorry! Are you alright!?" Emile said to the Pikachu, clearly distraught.

The back and forth was difficult for Eric to understand, but the general consensus seemed to be in Eric's favor. After a few minutes of conversation between the various types of Pokemon, the vine that was wrapped around Eric began to release and he was set gingerly on the ground. The rest of the Pokemon seemed on board with this decision -- all except Alex, the Primeape. This specific Pokemon was very obviously upset that the rest of his friends wanted Eric to be released. As soon as Eric's feet touched the ground, he made a point to thank them for their generosity.

"Thank you all. I appreciate the trust you have instilled in me."

Following this statement, Akio popped his head out of Eric's bag, dramatically gasping for breath. Akio was always looking for attention, always wanting to be in the spotlight, always being over dramatic. It was obvious to Eric, but Akio was a good actor; only those close to him could really tell. The big Venasaur looked up at the Pikachu with a concerned expression and began to speak to it.

"Brrrraaaa -- (Little one, my goodness, I am so sorry! Are you alright!?)"

Eric had no clue what the behometh had said, but Akio seemed to understand well enough. Eric added to this himself.

"
Are you alright, Akio?"

Akio put his paw up to the back of his head and itched it shyly.

"
Squee -- (Yeah! I'm totally fine!)"

After this was settled, Eric wasted no time in pursuing his promise.

"
Alright everyone, come on. We need to get you guys to the Inn so I can go after Cluade."

He then removed two pokeballs from his waist and threw them into the air.

"
Kyo! Sei! I choose you!"

The two pokemon exploded out of their Pokeballs, appearing before the group.

"
We need to hurry. I'll get you all to the Inn, then I'll go find Claude."

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Claude, a name like a strong sword," Akito made a passing comment. While Slime was by his side, he looked at the clouds. Evil hung in the air, like a greeting. The season of darkness. Akito knew this must be something.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Darkness storms in the sky, it warns those walking towards it with ominous wind," Akito told Slime, who dramatically nodded. While some people might have seen a background Akito that decorated them in a cool pose. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito followed Claude and when Claude spoke of danger and Akito turning back if they were ambushed. Akito looked at Claude.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I chose the destination of moving towards danger, I also fight by your side," Akito told Claude.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Grup grup," Slime mentioned.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Slime is willing to,"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Meanwhile,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Before the clouds showed up Kamon, took the opportunity to walk to the center and visit the Pokemon Storage system. It paid to actually know Bill. Kamon met him along his journeys in fact it's how he met his Espeon in the first time. Most when he walked in were intimidated by the fact that four Pokemon were following around.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A few seemed nervous. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was an easy access the storage as he brought Hoot to be transferred over. He should have brought his Noctowl in the first place. It didn't take long for four to multiple to five Pokemon following him. It was as simple as that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon had enough of people for one day and began to make his way to a secluded area. Hoot seemed to enjoy the fresh air, flapping his wings before "Wooo" happily.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I missed you too," Kamon told Hoot.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Kamon we must be on our guard," Alakazam told Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I know I can sense it too, something not right," Kamon told Alakazam.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But for now they were in the eye of danger. It would not reveal itself now. Kamon took the opportunity to simply relax with his Pokemon. Most people wouldn't annoy him because of how irritated he looked often when others tried to speak to him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A little later after that,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The clouds were strong. Dark and dangerous. He had overheard the conversation with a young man, telling the others to get back in the Inn. Kamon was behind them. He didn't like to get himself involved, yet there was an argument going on when the man left. The one who had decided he had the right to scold him and show no respect.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He walked over to the inn while the others were still arguing. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The clouds are an omen of danger, are we taking action or standing around, I'm going that way," Kamon berated them before heading off in the same direction the other one who took command went. Actually Kamon took to the air on Hoot who offered. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He'd find their friend and figure out what to do from there.[/BCOLOR]

"Alright, Akito, I've scouted forward, the buildin' is just a few minutes walk from here."
Cluade and Akito had been traveling together for around twenty minutes now, he was pleasant enough company if not a bit...loopy. Something was beginning to bother Cluade more and more: the storm. It had begun to hover overtop the ranger's building, and although the rain still splashed near them, it never hit them. Instead the rain s intensity just circled around them wherever they went, becoming especially terrible the closer they got to the ranger building.
"The path is mostly clear, but I'm convinced we're being' followed, if only we had an aerial view..."
Cluade looked up to the sky as he spoke, becoming distracted by a rapidly approaching figure from the sky. Despite it being so far away, he thought it seemed familiar.
"Is that the old Johto champ from before?"
The bird Pokemon carrying the familiar figure began to circle over head, seemingly also being unaffected by the rain, then it began to shift.
"He isn't gonna..."
The figure then stood up on top of the bird Pokemon's back.
"This is an overwhelmin'ly bad idea."
Then, with a swift bend of the knees, the figure jumped, did a few spins and twists, and fell towards the ground.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Impressed Akito began to clap, while Slimer began to clap in slimey excitement. Kamon raised a brow looking at the Muk with less enthusiasm. He turned his attention to the one making it to the rangers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I heard you were seeking the rangers, I assumed you were alone, I assumed wrong," Kamon gave another glance to the other company, "I don't need to make an obvious statement about something being clearly wrong. Hoot should report back to me on what's ahead." Kamon's eyes gave a bit of glint from the multi colors that reflect on his iris lens.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Another joins towards a dark destination," Akito spoke, "You are?" Akito titled his head so sideways, some swore his neck had snapped as he rested most of his hair and ear on his shoulder. There was a questioning expression and true look of confusion on Akito face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Tch, there's no time to talk right now, we have bigger problems," Kamon told Akito, "And you call yourselves trainers and you know nothing about the other regions. Kamon Surge. My name is Kamon Surge." [/BCOLOR]

"No time to talk, yet you have time to insult our knowledge of other regions, I know you're a Johto champion, well so am I, so don't expect me to treat you like royalty!"
Cluade marched over and began to yell at Kamon, clearly anxious and angry from seemingly nowhere.
"I... I'm sorry. But we are all allies here and we should treat each other with respect and act as a team. I wanted to do this alone but-"
Suddenly, the circle of imaginary protection disappeared from around Cluade, causing the rain to shoot down on him like a hyper beam. He collapsed under the jet of life stealing water. His hands clasped the ground and his eyes shut in pure shock, and when the beam subsided, he recoiled in pain with a giant roar. Cluade now looked skinnier, sleep deprived, and was bleeding from long cuts along his arms and his cheeks. He shot to his feet, despite him clearly being incredibly drained and injured, apparently running on pure rage.
"THE TREES!!! SHE KNOWS I SAW HER!"
Cluade shouted, pointing towards a large branch on one of the trees, the others looked back to see a surprised woman dressed like a Pokemon ranger standing on the branch where he had pointed, her camouflage disappeared and she bolted off through the trees and towards the ranger building. Cluade took a ragged breath and stepped forward, the single advancement forward being a clear strain.
"We... Have to..."
Then everything went black.

The back and forth was difficult for Eric to understand, but the general consensus seemed to be in Eric's favor. After a few minutes of conversation between the various types of Pokemon, the vine that was wrapped around Eric began to release and he was set gingerly on the ground. The rest of the Pokemon seemed on board with this decision -- all except Alex, the Primeape. This specific Pokemon was very obviously upset that the rest of his friends wanted Eric to be released. As soon as Eric's feet touched the ground, he made a point to thank them for their generosity.

"Thank you all. I appreciate the trust you have instilled in me."

Following this statement, Akio popped his head out of Eric's bag, dramatically gasping for breath. Akio was always looking for attention, always wanting to be in the spotlight, always being over dramatic. It was obvious to Eric, but Akio was a good actor; only those close to him could really tell. The big Venasaur looked up at the Pikachu with a concerned expression and began to speak to it.

"Brrrraaaa -- (Little one, my goodness, I am so sorry! Are you alright!?)"

Eric had no clue what the behometh had said, but Akio seemed to understand well enough. Eric added to this himself.

"
Are you alright, Akio?"

Akio put his paw up to the back of his head and itched it shyly.

"
Squee -- (Yeah! I'm totally fine!)"

After this was settled, Eric wasted no time in pursuing his promise.

"
Alright everyone, come on. We need to get you guys to the Inn so I can go after Cluade."

He then removed two pokeballs from his waist and threw them into the air.

"
Kyo! Sei! I choose you!"

The two pokemon exploded out of their Pokeballs, appearing before the group.

"
We need to hurry. I'll get you all to the Inn, then I'll go find Claude."

"we... should travel... with you..." Emile said, still winded from giving up his own health.
"You're not going anywhere!" Alex interjected. "You just gave up more health than you're used to losing in battle! Me and Bruiser will go with him, you and Emperor take Lilith to the Inn."
"But... I suppose I cannot argue, bring our brother back... you two, we cannot..."
"Emile, that's enough, please, just go and rest." Bruiser pleaded.
and with a nod the giant venasuar bid goodbye to his brothers and Eric, and walked again towards the Inn, accompanied by Emperor the Snorlax and Lilith the Dratini. Alex and Bruiser stood next to Eric and pointed to the west, to where Cluade would be.

[BCOLOR=transparent]It happened swiftly a surge of energy came down from the skies and hit Claude. Akito stared at the sky.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Evil swarms us," Akito scowled at the sky. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon frowned as well. The nature of this rain was more like an evil energy. Quickly out of his ball Magic the Alakazam came out. Kamon stared at the man now bleeding out, while Magic created a forcefield around them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Take him to town," Kamon told the man in the robes, "I'm going to go find the rangers."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito stared at Kamon. Kamon Surge, like lightning. He was hot. There was something unusual like the clouds about him. At first Akito would have protested, but someone had to. Akito nodded and took out Dizzy, who floated up. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We need to take Claude back to town," Akito told Dizzy.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Boop boop," Dizzy nodded in agreeance.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Be careful lightning that cuts through the darkness," Akito told Kamon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kamon simply narrowed his eyes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"This is none of your responsibility anyway, it's mine alone," Kamon told Akito. He was given the power he was given. Born from it. Within it. For a reason. He could hear and listen and speak to Pokemon for a reason. Kamon felt evil surrounding him. It was heavy. Made it hard to focus and breath. Except that he synched his psychic abilities with Alakazam to help keep the forcefield stable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Let us hope this rain doesn't go through the shield," Magic mentioned.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I agree," Kamon told Magic.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dizzy began to float up, Slime and Mush settled their differences for now helping Claude onto Dizzy's back. Dizzy began to float, while Mush extended out his hand. Forming it from the toxic as an umbrella. They would meet Dizzy in town. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akito looked sadly at the ground. Who or what was causing this disaster. It pained him to not have an answer while those around fell. He was worried about lightning strike, but as immediately as he was worried. He forgot what he was doing.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Something is important," Akito mumbled.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Grup grup," Slime sighed with a shake of his head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]While Dizzy floated on towards town with the bleeding Claude. She was gracefully pulling herself along. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hopefully, Claude's luck is that one of his friends would see the unnaturally colored Drifblim. [/BCOLOR]

"Really Eric still want the attention of being a hero you need to learn there are no hero's in this world, but if your going out I guess I cant leave my comrade alone to do this, so who's this Claude you were talking about we may want to get to him and get him here as quick as possible before this storm gets to bad for us." Riken holds up his pokeball's and returns all three to there pokeball's aware that all two of his pokemon were weak to water and to give the third some rest.

Though the passengers were given the option to stretch their limbs outside while the boat temporarily docked, Rae decided to stay in her dorm, a melted lump in a sea of sheets, eyes fixed on the porthole's view of some water, and a gradually greying sky. Lottie was curled up beside her in a light sleep, ears still comically perking up whenever footsteps hastened past their door. They'd grown used to the gentle toss of the boat, and were no strangers to the close company of many strangers; generally silent in their own corner of the universe, aside from the occasional groan of the ship no a sound emanated throughout their room. Tilting her head back to emit a tired sigh, instead she cursed as the boat was jostled a bit and her head bumped the wooden framework of her bed; at that time, Lottie's ears had shot straight up, and Rae could feel the tension in her companions muscles, likely her sky blue eyes were wide open suddenly.

"What is it?" Asked the brunette, assuming her relaxed state as before, which was a mistake as the boat was yet again knocked out of place. Her eyes fell to the window as their source of light was overshadowed by an outstretched wave, it coated the glass completely and invoked a sense of panic within Rae as their mode of transportation jolted and nearly knocked her out of bed. Despite loving the sea travel itself, she feared immersion within water terribly. Her canine leapt from the bed, barking at the door where many individuals rushed past, silhouettes darkening the line of light beneath their doorway, pounding footsteps against the wooden flooring almost matching the elevation of her heart beat. It wasn't the amount of people that upset Lottie, but obviously she was picking up on negative vibes on the other side of their door, and as a final, violent crash - accompanied by a bark of orders to evacuate the ship Rae hadn't heard before - the brunette didn't hesitate to grab her two bags, belt and bolt out of her room, right into a flowing hallway. "Time to go!"

Returning Lottie, she merged with the escaping line of people, catching broken discussion of panic, dread, disdain, though nothing of value until one mentioned an inn on route 213 to be their shelter from an oncoming storm. Breaking out from the group once her feet hit the deck, Rae felt herself shrink in the presence of a rising wave gaining fast towards the ship. As it rose and cast a shadow over the boat, a cacophony of screams ripped through the air, causing Rae to lose her nerve to run. Cherche managed to break out from her capsule, sweeping up her trainer just before the wave crashed down and devoured the ship.

It wasn't until the dragon emitted a concerned rumble that the brunette opened her glossy eyes, arms hugged tightly around it's elongated neck, heart pulsating in her throat. She peeked over her shoulder and down at the conflict below, noting there were a few bobbing heads in that rampaging ocean, a handful of life vests and savers were tossed from shore but drifting off or were submerged in water. "Arceus," She breathed, but couldn't focus on the problems below as her flygon wriggled a little, beckoning for what she was focused on the be acknowledged. An ungodly kind of storm was rolling in, fast, she wouldn't be able to fly with a downpour, lightning and whatever the hell else that cluster was carrying.

"Dive," Rae told her, and the dragon descended without question, leveling out just as they came a few feet above the rough waters. From behind she released Cayde with the plea for his psychic abilities, gesturing towards the few people that couldn't be rescued within the waters and as they flew past them. He willingly lifted them up with ease, save for one of which was tormented by a wave that obstructed his focus.

"Get closer," Begged the young woman, though she and her dragon were cautious, knowing they were at a major disadvantage. It's belly nearly grazed the ocean as it neared the human, a child which explained it's greater struggle, though as they neared and Cayde got a decent enough view to pluck the kid from the water and send it to the shore, they were overshadowed by water.

Cherche beat it's wings and attempted to bolt upwards, whilst Cayde sent up reflect, but it was too sudden and his manifested shield shattered immediately beneath the waves force. The three, now beneath the water, struggled to regroup - Rae being unable to swim made her the most helpless, Flygon ached submerged in the chilly liquid, only Cayde managed to form a protective bubble. Though nature itself worked against him, he eventually reached the two with the aid of trick room and future sight, and with impressive maneuverability managed to guide them to the surface and teleport them back into the air where Cherche masterfully regained strength and remained air born with her trembling trainer clutching her back.

Many were watching the girl and her pokemon, awaiting the chance to show gratitude, afraid they'd been swallowed up by the ocean, only to exclaim with relief their surviving. Instead of joining the crowd, however, the three zoomed overhead, shouting about that unnatural storm and to get to safety, before disappearing ahead of them.

"Any thoughts on that?" Asked the brunette to Alakazam, squeezing her dripping wet hair over Cherche's side.

The three were hovering much farther from where the boat had been, though not exactly around the corner from an inn she couldn't even verify was here. She had no name for it, a little knowledge of where she was - it was just supposed to be a pit stop this time, not landing ground. In the distance, the seemingly supernatural clouds loomed on - anyone could tell there was something off, her mind scoured everything and anything it might have in the mental archives: Yvetal, Darkari, Mewtwo, some whacked up organization, but there wasn't a way to verify anything, and she sure as hell wasn't heading around anything that's strength was water associated.

No, but we'd be wise to keep our distance until we come across... proper civilization. He told her, telepathic resonance reassuring. I told you it wasn't a good time to ride boats.

"That's because you read my horoscope, don't flatter your sixth sense," She offered with a bratty face, though the two just chuckled.

Sky travel is safer.

"Cause I was dying to make Cherche's only pit stop from Kalos to Johto the Sevii." She patted the dragon's back, her rumbled in appreciation. "Come on, let's go find that inn, I'm starving."

While Cluade's Pokemon settled who was going to travel with who, Eric took a moment to converse with his own Pokemon. Sei seemed very on edge while Kyo just looked concerned. As for Akio, the young Pikachu was sitting on Eric's right shoulder, staring up at the sky with a wide grimace on it's face.

"What do you make of it Kyo?" asked Eric. "I have never seen anything like this before."

The Lucario just looked up at the sky, studying the movement of the clouds for a brief moment.

This storm isn't normal. Something is forcing it along, controlling it if you will. In my many years on this planet, never have I seen anything like this.

"Who do you think is controlling it? Where did this mysterious storm originate?"

This storm has tremendous power. I have an idea of who could have brought it upon us, I just hope I'm not right.

Kyo took a second to focus his thoughts and get a read on the energy being projected by the storm. As a Lucario with a major adaption to energy fields, it wasn't long until he located the general source of the storm.

As for where it came from, my guess is from across the water, from Unova. If we still plan to go there, we should tread lightly.

Sei interjected before Eric could respond.

The docs won't be open for a few days after this. We won't be going to Unova any time soon. For right now, let's find this Cluade guy, and get back to the Inn. There may be people there who need help.

Eric nodded just as Cluade's Pokemon finally decided who would stay and who would go. The large Venasaur and Snorlax both said their goodbyes to their friends before making their way towards the Inn. The two Pokemon that remained were Cluade's Houndoom Bruiser, and his Primeape Alex. They seemed intent on going with Eric to find their master, and he wasn't going to try and stop them. After all, it's what he would do given the same circumstances.

"Thank you for staying," Eric said to Alex and Bruiser, who just nodded in response, Alex's arms crossed with an untrusting glare. "We will find Cluade and get him to safety."

It was now that Riken added himself to the conversation, making fun of and mocking Eric as he usually did.

"Really Eric still want the attention of being a hero you need to learn there are no hero's in this world, but if your going out I guess I cant leave my comrade alone to do this, so who's this Claude you were talking about we may want to get to him and get him here as quick as possible before this storm gets to bad for us."

"I'm not trying to be the hero," Eric said, looking at Riken who was returning his Pokemon to their Pokeballs. "He defended me. I can't just leave him to his possible death. I made a promise to myself that I would reunite him with his Pokemon, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do. I just have to find him first."

Almost on queue, a sparkle caught Eric's eye from the sky above. There seemed to be some sort of shiny object floating towards them from over the horizon. Eric couldn't quite make out what it was until it eventually got closer. A Drifblim. It was now in clear view for the entire group to see. The shiny Drifblim rapidly approached, carefully carrying someone on it's back. After a minute or two, the Drifblim landed at the party's feet, finally revealing the thing they were most afraid of seeing. An injured and battered Cluade lie motionless on the Drifblim's back, blood beginning to drip from his limbs and fall down the Pokemon's side.

"Oh my god, Cluade!" shouted Eric as he ran over to him, Kyo and Sei following close behind. "He's torn up pretty good -- who did this to him? What happened?"

His energy is close to being completely depleated. This wasn't the work of a person, Kyo said, shaking his head. No. This was something else. Something far more powerful.

Well we can't just stand around while he slowly bleeds out! We need to help him, interrupted Sei, who was now kneeling down next to Cluade.

"Kyo, isn't there anything you can do? Some form of Aura healing? Anything?"

The Lucario thought for a moment, getting a step closer to Cluade's body, studying the wounds and his remaining energy.

I can take care of his wounds, but it's his energy that will prove to be more difficult. Kyo paused for a second, sighing as he got down on both of his knees. But I will do my best.

Kyo closed his eyes, chanting something under his breath while two bright blue orbs of light formed in each one of his paws. Carefully and methodically, Kyo traced Cluade's body with the orbs of energy, hovering over any gashes and making them seemingly disappear. The blood Cluade had lost on the ground began to retreat back into his body. Soon enough, Cluade's wounds were healed, but his energy was still practically gone. If they couldn't restore him somehow, Cluade would most likely die. Once the wounds were healed, Kyo started to pant uncontrollably, his whole body shaking violently from the whole process.

"Kyo! Are you OK?"

The proud Pokemon waved Eric off, taking his time to get up and re-balance.

I can restore enough energy for him to wake up, but that energy has to come from somewhere, panted Kyo. I can give him my remaining energy. I will be very weak, and I don't know what may happen to me, but I regenerate energy quicker then he ever could. I'd have a better chance then he would.

Eric furiously objected to this. "No way! You could give him too much and something could happen to you! I'm not risking you, there has to be another way!"

Kyo looked towards Eric with an aggressive stare.

It isn't up to you this time Eric! I'm going to help him. I won't let a man die just because we had the opportunity to help, but chose not to.

Following this, the two shared a stare for a few moments. Eric saw something in the Lucario's eyes -- something that said, "I'll be ok." Eric decided to trust his Pokemon. If anyone could save Cluade and make it out safely on the other side, it was Kyo. Kyo nodded, looked towards Cluade and began to transfer his energy. Kyo chanted something aloud, blue aura waves leaving his body and going into Cluade's. The color returned to Cluade's face, showing that whatever Kyo was doing, it was working. Once the process was done, Kyo collapsed to the side, eyes closed, motionless.

"Kyo!!"

The darkness seemed to surround Claude, it's all that there was except for the streaks of thin red that he floated next to. It was comforting , in a way, there was nothing to feel, to know, to want. It was as if Cluade as a person was no more, disappeared entirely from the world he had been forced to survive in. For the first time since his father died, he finally relaxed, and let go of himself. He was the darkness, and the streaks of red, and he was nothing, until the Clouds came. Dense clouds of purple surrounded him, returning him to his body and inching closer, lightning shocking and bursting within them. As the puffs of death got closer to him a voice whispered from inside of them: You're ours, come back, you're ours. Life is not so shallow, we are still connected, life is not so shallow. Find the one who calls herself 'help', the one who damned you, find the one who calls herself 'help.'
Then he saw her, the ranger from before, and he remembered everything. traveling forward to find the rangers with Akito, only for a ranger to find them, and to hold out that pendant towards him before the jolt of energy hit him. He remembered passing out and the deep wounds on his arms and cheeks.

The clouds got closer and touched his skin, filling him with pain and trying to change him. they were relentless, chanting over and over again: You're ours, you're ours!
Then the bright orbs of blue came in and scared them away, soothing him slightly, and returning him to himself. He became enraged.

His eyes shot open and he jumped to his feet , releasing a primal, ear shattering roar to the heavens. Cluade's teeth clenched shut and his hands balled into fists, it didn't take a psychic to feel the wave's he was giving off. Pulses of pure violence shot off of him like bullets as he began to shake violently. There was no way he should have recovered this quickly, his energy hadn't just returned, it had multiplied. His eyes danced Like an enduring fire in a hurricane, never yielding to the winds influence, forever burning. He approached a tree and started to punch large chips of wood out of it as he screamed.
"I. AM GOING. TO FUCKING. KILL HER! I SWEAR TO ARCEUS SHE'LL PAY FOR EVERYTHING, I'LL RIP HER LIMB FROM LIMB AND BURN HER TO ASHES!"
Even Cluade's own Pokemon seemed to back away from him, they had never seen him so violent, he may have been prone to fights but he was never like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.