Status
Not open for further replies.
Vance: //he turned to Perrier and scowled/ Why don't you mind your own business pal! //he scoffed to the man before zipping up his bag again to move on/

"Well, that's pretty flexible, I have to say," Tsubasa nods. "Really, really flexible."

Upon being asked why she questioned so, she responds, "well, I was just thinking that sticking together does sound like a pretty great idea for facing trainers. My mom always did this with my Aunt back in the old days. We could be paired up in three different ways for a double battle, or grouped together for a triple battle! Of course, in situations like such, we'll need to pay attention to some things, like how Surf and Discharge wipes the field, and how abilities like a partner's Lightningrod can halt things."

Monkulus seeming had a sudden change of heart about not needing supplies, she realized that she is lacking full heals, revives and max repels, while she has a few full restores and max potions and more than enough hyper potions, those are useless if her pokemon have a status ailment or fainted and she will only really use full restores and max potions in emergencies considering she has so few and has no intention of buying anymore as they are expensive (even though she uses luxury balls instead of pokeballs ).

Her ampharos was quite startled with its trainer suddenly sprinting back to the has gates but nonetheless tried to catch up. Monkulus bumped into another trainer with a meganium but she didn't stop to apologize as Monkulus just wanted to get the stuff she needed and get going.

----

Rick, wasn't too excited to say the least, he let his meganium, Petal out for a bit of comfort and not to feel too alone in the crowd of trainers that are probably stronger than him but regardless he won't let that slow him down a bit, not anymore.
His thoughts were then abruptly interrupted when someone else bumped into him. Rick was annoyed but mostly didn't mind it but his meganium seemed rather mad about it, Rick tried to calm down his companion by petting it on the head but that didn't seem to work as his meganium is now chasing after Monkulus...

Kiku only frowned as he was bumped into and how the trainer acted when Perrier went to defend the white hair boy. As if having seen the small type of conflict, Bubby released himself yet again. The water type didn't seem too happy and was gonna go after the retreating trainer when Kiku placed a hand on top of Bubby's head.

"It's fine Bubby, some people are just quick to blame others for things they've done." The golden eyed teen sighed. His starter didn't seem too pleased, but nodded none the less. Kiku then turned to Perrier.

"Thanks, by the way." He said to the older trainer. Perrier was rather nice, and Kiku liked that. Seems like he's making a friend, and if that was the case he'd probably stick around with the other for some time, if Perrier didn't mind that is.

@NyanCat15 @Noctis the Devious

Last edited:
Pierre put his hands to show he wasn't looking for a fight frowned after the man's retreating figure. "Yeah, no problem. It was unavoidable for something like this to attrack unsavory types.There's so many ego manics out there you wouldn't believe." He smiled at the trainer/pokemon duo and nodded in the direction of the island beyond. "So what's your plan anyway? I was just going to take a look around if you want to join me. Scope out the way of the land and check out what kinds of arenas Red has provide us." Of course trainers could simply not use the arenas, but they were said to provide special field advantages and appeal to Pokemon who wouldn't normally find the semi-tropical environment preferable.

- x -​

Munira got really excited at the prospect of travelling with someone not her sister. Sure it was her choice to stick by Leila, but it was nice to make new friends too. "Yeah! That would be great, right Leila? I'm sure you won't mind." The older Hussain sister snickered, obviously not really having much say in the matter. As long she could put up with her Sableye's antics without too much of a fuss they shouldn't have too much of a problem. It was then did she notice a peculiar sight through the display windows; a young man with a meganium chasing after an older woman who seemed to be in a hurry. Curiousity getting the better of her, she left Munira to gushing over the prospect of being around someone closer to her age and poked her head out the PokeMart's glass door for a better look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
Well, she didn't know where the hell she was.

She was told that she was in a competition, and she signed up for this herself anyways, so it wasn't like she could complain... Right? Right. Well, first things first, she had to go and find a Pokemon Centre, which wasn't too far, and she suspected that other trainers were walking right on by, so she figured that there would be a centre nearby. She just hoped that she wouldn't be lost, like last time...

Oh how she hated being lost.

She had just come off the boat to the island, and even recalling back to what the pokemon Master had said, brings the chills up her spine, only to exhale. "Geez.." She muttered, looking down at the female Meowstic that stayed next to her side. Though, there weren't many pokemon centres, if any, on the island. She let out a sigh, giggling whilst looking down at Meowstic. "Er.. I guess we can look for a place to stay the night?" She asked the sassy little pokemon, who nodded, hopping onto the girl's head and leaning there. "Nixxy.. I think you gained weight.." She commented, giggling a little bit as the Meowstic gently hit her trainer's head, as though to tell her to shut up.

She had all her Pokechips with her at the moment, kept safely in a pocket in her bag so that she wouldn't lose them. Besides, Meowstic would get mad at her if she lost them anyways, Meowstic was really competitive after all. Since they would be staying for more than a day, maybe, she should set up a camp for the night. She didn't have any fire pokemon with her, on the downside. She had a few good pokemon, on the upside though!​

"Me and my Pokémon would love to join you." Kiku replied to Perrier. Bubby nodded as well with a smile.

"I've run into a few trainers like that guy though. The ones I've met were sore losers." Kiku said with a small shake of his head.

@Noctis the Devious

The meganium didn't get to tackle Monkulus to the ground like it wanted to as Monkulus had made it into the Pokemart and her ampharos remained outside and turned towards the persueing meganium, while Monkulus didn't notice she was being chased by an angry pokemon but her ampharos did. Petal halted to a stop, staring down at at the ampharos with a very annoyed look and the ampharos more or less returned the look.

Before the stare down could progress into a full blown fight, Rick arrived to his Pokemon's side "Come on Petal you shouldn't be chasing other trainers like! She didn't steal anything or hurt me if that's why you're angry. " Petal didn't respond to what her trainer said other than looking at him, nodding and backing away from the ampharos looking down at the ground as if it were emberashed, "I know you still remember what happened a few years ago but there's no team rocket goons running around plus if there were then they wouldn't stand a chance against strong trainers like us." Rick said, giving his meganium a hug.

"Well, I'd like a decent explaination to as why my ampharos is staring angrily at another trainer hugging his ampharos." Monkulus said, causing Rick to jump a little and redirect his attention to Monkulus "Umm... Well, you bumped into me while you were in a hurry to reach the pokemart and my meganium thought you stole something from me and chased after you." Rick said now getting more nervous.

Monkulus simply scoffed "Be glad your disobedient pokemon didn't reach me as a single signal beam from Light would have taken that meganium out cold." Monkulus said, her ampharos happily nodded its head seemingly also smirking at Rick and Petal.

Tsubasa looks in the direction in which Leila was peering towards.

"An Ampharos?" Tsubasa ponders as she gazes upon the sheep-like Pokemon. "And a..."

Tsubasa looks at the older-looking woman with an Ampharos, then looks down at her own body. "Talk about genetics," she mutters under her breath.

Ignoring the fact that a little quarrel had occured, Tsubasa approaches the Ampharos. "Come on, Miss Hussain. Ampharos are pretty docile," she alerts Munira before approaching the lady and Anpharos. "I have some of these back at home. Ampharos are docile yet tough," she then looks upwards to the older-looking woman. "Your Ampharos looks pretty fine. What's your name, Miss?"

TYRANNT

Deep in the forest, Tyrannt and his Poke'mon were hard at work setting up camp for the day. He had the feeling that some of the Bug catchers and Youngsters will be heading this way for some form of combat advantage. His Tyrantrum was off hunting wild Poke'mon for lunch, on the account that some Poke'mon are eaten by humans and some Poke'mon eat others... So why hold back, it is survived of the fittest after all. Tyrannt just got finished pitching up the tents as a young trainer stumbled upon his camp and challenged him to a battle. Tyrant merely gave the child a smug grin and said "one poke'chip, two Poke'mon." His Lucario then appeared in front of him and took a battle stance. The two seemed confident, almost too confident.

LUCY

Back at the Poke'mart, Lucy was going though a major shopping spree and had bags full of essential gear. All of the sudden she heard a commotion coming from out side the mart. She left the building after purchasing the things she had to see what was going on.

Pierre smiled and began leading the way the dirt path and away from the walled settlement. "Yeah, but thankfully the good trainers out number the bad," he remarked. "But some people make you question if they really are human." He shook his head and shifted the pack on his shoulders. "But enough on that subject. Tell me about yourself, Kiku, where are you from?"

- x -
Leila simply gave a humph of acknowledgnent to Tsubasa's words, eyeing the yellow bipedal Pokemon. She knew what they were, but never reall knew anyone who herded them... Though she did know of one who lit up a lighthouse. That was a pretty cool discovery. "Docile or not, we should get going," she replied, tossing er thumb in the direction of the counting down timer in the shop's window. "I have a feeling if that thing reaches zero we'll be shut in once this place goes on lock down."

"What, seriously?" Munira had completely over looked the timer and frowned. "But if we get locked in that's means--"

"We should get going. If these two want to bicker and play who has the bader Pokemon, let them." Sableye though, still on his trainer's shoulders, seemed to have taken an interest on the Pokeball dangling around the meganium's trainer's neck, but it was Munira who was the first to notice.

"Hey! You have a Pokeball necklace just like my sister! Is it real too?"​

"I'm from the Kalos region. What about you?" The younger male said simply as him and Bubby walked along side Perrier. He looked up at Perrier curiously while adjusting the black satchel he kept his things in before putting his hands in his pants pockets.

(Her ampharos is actually shiny i forgot to mention that in the sign up post)

The pink colored ampharos simply looked at Tsubasa with and looked away with a rather snobbish snort. On the other hand, Monkulus considered making a very sarcastic answer for Tsubasa's question but decided not to, she doesn't feel like being in another big squable and plus she wants to get going already. "My name's Monkulus, don't forget it cause i'm not telling you again whoever you are".

She looks over to Leila as she spoke about a timer of some sorts and then looked at the timer itself, "Hmm interesting, guess it's time to make my leave don't want to get locked in her with you fools, anyways bye bye and i look forward to beating you all in this tournament." And with that Monkulus begins to make her way out out of gates with her ampharos by her side as always.

Meanwhile, Rick basically silently stood next to his meganium and didn't say anything, mainly he didn't want to get in a potential battle with Monkulus as he doesn't want his confidence ruined this early in the tournament. He did however didn't expect someone to ask about his pokeball necklace, "Oh, this? yea it's a real pokeball but it doesn't have a pokemon in it though eh at least not anymore".

"Monkulus, huh? I guess it's nice to meet you," Tsubasa waves to Monkulus as she introduces herself.

"Well, that's something new," Tsubasa comments on the Ampharos' response. "Different Ampharos different gigs I guess."

Lucario closed its eyes and nods at the pink Ampharos.

"It's alright buddy," Tsubasa says to her Lucario, "I'm sure that we'll meet her again. Pretty soon. That being said..."

Tsubasa looks at the timer.

"These guys sure don't like to waste time. Alright then. Let's continue our chitchat when we get out of here."

With that, Tsubasa and Lucario head out, turning their heads towards the Hussain sisters and the guy with a Meganium. "No time to waste, right? Let's make haste!"

"Face it, a Shell Smash or two can't save you," Risk smiles as he faces his opponent. "I've seen this strategy before. Your Cloyster's ability... Skill Link, is that correct?"

"Wh- what do you know?" The opposing young lass whimpers, "Cloyster, Icicle Spear!"

"Don't you realise," Risk grins as his Malamar decimates the shots with a single Superpower, "Topsy Turvy is in play. This means every Shell Smash makes your little clammy weaker!"

"I still have my-"

"Defenses? What's the point when Malamar gets stronger with each Superpower."

"Doesn't each Superpower get weaker?"

"It's paradoxical how you pick up things so fast, yet don't realise what's happening," Risk smirks as Malamar's Superpower knocks the Cloyster out cold.

"Well, that's the last of it. Cloyster, you did a great job," the girl holds her Cloyster in her arms.

"You call that a Great Job? The best you did was your Protean Greninja, which was one of the most powerful fighters if it was executed well. You went downhill from there, after I defeated him. Right now, you lack power, and it is beyond me why you are even in this competition," Risk harshly speaks as the girl hands him a single Pokechip.

"I- I'll meet you in the Finals!" The lass says.

"The nice ones always lose first. Be wary," Risk shouts back as he waves away.

"Hoenn, originally," Pierre supplied. "Though I signed on back in the Sinnoh region. In the seven years I've travelled, I've been to three other regions including Johto, Kanto, and Unova, but Sinnoh bacame my second home I guess." He rubbed the back of his neck with a gentle smile gracing his pale lips. "Anyway," he started, pulling out his digital map, "is there any place in specific you want to go?"

- x -
Leila quirked an eyebrow at the older woman's demeanor but didn't remark, though she did manage to get both Munira and her Lotad riled up. She snickered and ruffled the young competitor's hair. "Water under the bridge, Munes. If you let every comment get to you they'll psyche you out and you don't want that."

Munira huffed. "Fine, fine, lets go." She grumbled running after Tsubasa, the case of the Pokeball forgotten. Leila spared Richard a glance before turning and following after her without another word. As predicted, the gates shut when the timer hit zero but it seemed everyone made it time.

"And with that the competition has officially started," the older Hussain sister announced, a little smirk on her face.​

Kiku thought for a moment, before leaning over just a bit to get a slightly closer look towards the digital map.

"No, there's no specific place. At least, not currently." He informed before standing straight again.

"I haven't traveled outside of Kalos too much during my journey, but I do like to spend my time taking in the sites and nature around me." The boy added after a moment or two of being rather quiet.

"That Kanto Champion doesn't waste time at all," Tsubasa smirks, "this means we won't either! Come on Lucario! Let's show everyone what we're made of!"

With that, Tsubasa continues to run with Lucario by her side.

"Try to keep up, girls!" Tsubasa dashes with energy, heading towards the outer gates with determination and preparation. "Maybe we'll meet our first opponent - right on the dot- wait a second... hey, Meganium guy... I don't think you mentioned your name but..."

Tsubasa walks towards the one known as Rick in a slow manner, then looks up at him with dreamy eyes.

"... would you like to be my first opponent?"

Tsubasa's sudden challenge caught Richard very much off guard but he was on an island full of trainers, it had to happen at some point and plus it was the only way to progress the tournament. "Umm.. well my names Richard if you wanted to know and sure i'd love to be your first opponent" he said, smiling a little bit before reaching to get one of his pokemon's pokeballs but his meganium headbutted him slightly and then turned to look at the lucario with a competitive yet also friendly look, which meant it wanted to battle the lucario and Richard didn't have any problems with that but he did want to use his nidoking.

"One Pokechip, full team. How does that sound? I'll start off basic."

From its Pokeball, Tsubasa had sent a Flygon into the fray. The Flygon growls as it assumes a four-legged position, much like an athelete ready ro run a race.

"I met my friend in a desert as a Trapinch. He looks so different today," Tsubasa nods. "So, who are you going to send out, Richard?"

"Um, hey, Vivi, come out!"

The girl threw a pokeball into the air, and out poofed a butterfly with many colours, almost looked pixelated. The Vivillon looked around a bit, smiling as it let out it's cry. "Vivi!" It chimed out, happily flying about as it was free from it's pokeball. "Vivi? Can you check up above?" She asked, politely, as the Monsoon Vivillon smiled and flew up high above. It was clear that it would be from a trainer, as it's pattern stood out from other pokemon. The Vivillon began looking around, most likely for a good area to put up camp. As the Vivillon searched, it smiled brightly, finding a nice meadow up on a hill not too far away. "Vi! Vi! Vivillon!" It shouted out, as Primera smiled brightly. "Thank you!" She shouted up, following Vivi, soon reaching the hill, out of breath. Nix glared down at her trainer, hitting her head a bit as though insulting her.

"Ehehe... Sorry!" She giggled a bit, looking up at her Meowstic who crossed her arms. If only she could ride one of her pokemon, but her clothing would get dirty if she were to ride her Goodra, her Absol is a bit too small, and riding Milotic on land was out of the question. As she finally got to the meadow, she collapsed onto the ground, allowing the refreshing breeze to go over her. It felt nice. Now, if only she could battle. "I really want to battle.."

Status
Not open for further replies.