Status
Not open for further replies.
@pichuJC @Ananfal Yeah, I don't have any plans to set up a Discord server, though I can DM you my username for it and/or Skype if you want it.

@pichuJC @Ananfal Yeah, I don't have any plans to set up a Discord server, though I can DM you my username for it and/or Skype if you want it.
No, it's okay I think. You do have plans to set up an IC thread though, right? >.>

(Seriously though, take your time, I'm just being impatient!)

IC thread when?
ErYsSZa.gif

I'm still here, I'm just a bit busy with school.

Well @Vexus hasn't been on Iwaku for 2 weeks and counting, according to his profile...

In that case, does this mean this rp might not happen? I was getting excited, reading through the info and the characters everyone has created and wanted to know if I'd be able to join.

I mean, if the GM doesn't show up, maybe we can start a group PM or something and do the RP there? I really want to do this too. I'll also try and PM the GM, and see if the GM's still interested.

PMing the GM would be easy if the GM were on in the past week.

I am in the process of making a Pokemon RP on another forum, but if you're all hanging around on Iwaku, I understandos.

Either way, I'll stick around and see how the news goes and what you all want to do.

I'd be all on board for a PM group if someone set it up, but! Just a heads up! I've chatted with Vexus on another messaging service, and he'll hopefully be around to confirm something soon.

MelodicInferno, I'm not Vexus, but I'm gonna say you're more than welcome to write a signup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sorry for vanishing as of late. Been busy with work and dealing with some mental issues. IC thread on Monday, otherwise you're permitted to slap me.

Trainer

Name: Hunter

Trainer Class: Ace Trainer

Appearance: At barely 5'4", Hunter is short but in shape. Wavy green hair is always pulled back in a ponytail that hangs to her midback. Her bangs are continually falling over her right eye, especially with the black beanie she wears. Her eyes are a dark brown that tend to look black in most lighting. She is tanned just enough to never truly burn.

Like most Ace Trainers in Sinnoh, her home region, she prefers her clothes in light brown and dark brown. Her tank top is light, her jacket dark, and her shorts light with dark cuffs and a green belt. Hanging from her belt are six pokeball holders, three on each side, and a case for her pokedex. Her lace-up boots are a close match to the green of her hair with black laces. The gloves she wears are the same green as her belt and boots with dark brown fingers. Last but not least is her backpack, a bright and shocking red so that she never loses it. It carries everything from her potions to camping gear and extra clothes.

Personality: Hunter is an introvert. She prefers the company of her pokemon but does not seek to avoid others unless overwhelmed. Often times she can be seen as cold, answering questions with short answers and wandering around the edges of gatherings. However, once she becomes friendly with someone, it is hard to shut her up. She laughs easily and doesn't push for people to talk to her. Although it is best to leave her alone when she's reading; taking her attention away from that can make her a little short tempered.

Starting Town: Slateport City

Backstory: Hunter grew up in Hearthome City, surrounded by some of the best trainers. Her parents were never certain if she would take more to contests or battling because of her interest in both growing up. Upon receiving her first pokemon, a Turtwig, at the age of twelve, Hunter made it clear that she was going to be a Champion one day. She caught, trained, and raised many different pokemon on her journey. She had defeated all of the gyms before her fourteenth birthday and challenged the Pokemon League. She didn't go far, but it didn't matter to her.

Hunter returned to Hearthome City and set about finding homes for her pokemon. Some she ended up releasing; others were given as pets or protectors for families and corporation; her beloved Felix, a now fully evolved Torterra, was left with Professor Rowan; and her Staravia was traded for a Ralts. She said goodbye to her parents and set off for the Kalos region.

Kalos was far more challenging for her. There were moments when she considered simply returning home and abandoning her goal of reaching the Pokemon League. Her team, no matter how switched around it became, urged her to continue. Hunter had to challenge some of her later gyms multiple times before finally earning the badge. At seventeen, she reached the Pokemon League. This time she was knocked out in the first round of battles. Again, she didn't let it bother her too much. She repeated her actions of finding homes for her pokemon and returned home long enough to drop off her Vaporeon and Gardevoir with her family before setting off to Alola with a Furfrou.

To call it a culture shock would be an understatement. Hunter enjoyed the warm weather and new pokemon but could not quite shake off the feeling of being an intruder. She spent most of her time working with pokemon types that she wasn't used to - bug, poison, ice, steel, rock, ground - and only ended up challenging two island kahunas. Even then, she didn't win against the second. It took her a long time to admit that she wanted to return home. She released almost all of her pokemon and went back to Hearthome soon after turning eighteen.

In Sinnoh once more, she settled down for a year. She trained with the few pokemon that she still had just so she didn't lose her edge while she figured out what to do. It was her father who suggested she try Hoenn. Hunter contacted a friend in Alola and traded the Buneary she had caught for their newly hatched Rockruff.

Her family was happy to see her go back to her journey. It had been hard for everyone to see how she struggled with deciding to continue it or give up and they were pleased with her chosen path. Hunter took a ferry to Slateport City.

Pokémon

Nickname: Hematite, Hema

Species: Rockruff

Ability: Vital Spirit

Personality: Hema has all the enthusiasm of a little kid. She is curious about every little thing and tends to pop out of her pokeball whenever she feels like it. Rarely does she meet someone without making friends. Despite her youth, Hema is fiercely protective of her new trainer. It is this little one that will distract strangers to give Hunter a chance to slip away for a few moments.

Backstory: Newly hatched, Hema doesn't have much of a history. She was happy in her old home but often overlooked, as her original trainer was a pokemon breeder and had several newly hatched at a time. She was traded to Hunter for a Buneary and has been with her from Hearthome to Slateport.

[GALLERY=media, 15388]Hoenn Rising - Angel and Windy by Daydream Heroine posted Sep 8, 2017 at 4:19 PM[/GALLERY]

Yay! I'm super pumped for the IC thread! Also I sketched out Windy and Angel a while back, but never colored the picture, so I colored it Thursday night.

Last edited:
I have a question about the new character - I was under the impression that our characters had to be beginners, or St least beginning their journey into Pokemon training. Was I wrong about that? Did I misunderstand something? I'm just not sure, that's all.

EDIT: I love the picture you drew @Daydream Heroine !!

PMing the GM would be easy if the GM were on in the past week.

I am in the process of making a Pokemon RP on another forum, but if you're all hanging around on Iwaku, I understandos.

Either way, I'll stick around and see how the news goes and what you all want to do.
What other site are you making an RP on, out of curiosity?

It's gone over pretty thoroughly near the end of page one, but I'm taking this as "pulling an Ash." My character uses a new Pokemon in every region. This makes her fit nicely in with the rp, where she doesn't have the advantage of a stronger Pokemon at the beginning but does have experience with them. Mainly it was brought up because someone had made a comment that it's odd to have so many older trainers with beginner Pokemon or something along that line. I'd be willing to choose a different trainer if Vexus has changed their mind since posting that.

It's gone over pretty thoroughly near the end of page one, but I'm taking this as "pulling an Ash." My character uses a new Pokemon in every region. This makes her fit nicely in with the rp, where she doesn't have the advantage of a stronger Pokemon at the beginning but does have experience with them. Mainly it was brought up because someone had made a comment that it's odd to have so many older trainers with beginner Pokemon or something along that line. I'd be willing to choose a different trainer if Vexus has changed their mind since posting that.
No, no that's fine. It's been a while since I read the beginning, and so some of the stuff must have gotten muddled in my head. You're fine!

No, no that's fine. It's been a while since I read the beginning, and so some of the stuff must have gotten muddled in my head. You're fine!

Rereading my reply makes it sound really defensive, sorry! Just wanted to explain how I came up with the idea. I know what you mean about stuff getting muddled as time goes on; it's hard to remember every little thing

Status
Not open for further replies.