Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess it's okay, because there's more than one person that is part of a specific trainer class in the games. If only one of each is allowed though, I'd be willing to change my character sheet a bit so you could be the delinquent! @Ananfal
No, you got your sheet out first, fair's fair! If only one is allowed, it has to be you. But if more than one are allowed, you think we could get together and maybe create some backstory together?

Anyone want to be a Mysterious Sisters pair with me? I'm thinking of being the Fairy Tail Girl.

Of course, our corresponding starter Pokemon have to be themed or counterpart in some way e.g. both Eevees, Popplio & Rowlet, Sableye & Mawile, Cubone & A-Vulpix(Alola forms), Snorunt & A-Vulpix(Ice trainers to boot), etc.

Name: Windy Tackett

Trainer Class: Delinquent

Appearance: Windy has dyed sea green hair, dark brown skin, light blue eyes, and a pink birthmark. She wears an all-green ensemble of a green bike helmet, mint green zipped hoodie, olive green shorts, and green tennis shoes. She is almost always on her red bike, which has a basket in the front.

Personality: Windy is a brash, determined, and stubborn girl. She carries herself with pride, and is confident in everything she does. She comes off as scary to some, but she's not really a bad person so much as someone who gets in trouble too much for her own good.

Backstory:

Windy grew up in Goldenrod City, where she never really fit in. Many of the other kids in town were rich, and had tons of Pokémon, while Windy and her mom only had a Pidgeotto. Granted, that Pidgeotto was her best friend, and got her out of many a situation, but having one Pokémon that has to be shared versus having a full team of six to herself wasn't easy, or fun. She often got into fights, and had a hard time making any friends, besides the Pidgeotto.

Windy wanted to get out of Goldenrod. It wasn't where she belonged, it was too boring, and she hated the town. She wanted to travel. So she saved up for a one-way boat ticket to Hoenn. Finally, she had saved up enough money to buy the ticket, and a little extra for buying things, but before she could leave, her mom surprised her with a gift. See, Windy's grandparents lived in Kanto, and Windy's mom wanted her to be safe in Hoenn. So she asked Windy's grandparents to send a Pokémon to their house, and they obliged, sending Windy a Vulpix. Windy was incredibly happy; sure, it wasn't the Pidgeotto she had grown up with, but that Vulpix was hers alone, and that meant a lot. Besides, Mom needed someone, or something, to keep her company.

So with that, Windy left Goldenrod City, and ended up in Lilycove City. She was just outside of Lilycove when she noticed a Poocheyenna following her around. She decided to let the Pokémon tag along, and captured it in a Poké Ball she had found earlier.

And so Windy's journey begins, with only a backpack, two Pokémon, the clothes off her back, and a red bike to her name....

Starting City: Lilycove City

Pokémon:

Nickname: Red
Species: Vulpix
Ability: Flash Fire
Personality: Gentle nature, Highly curious

Red isn't really sure how the world works. He's curious and a bit of an oddball, but he quite likes Windy. After all, she's taking him on an adventure, and he really wants to go with her. He doesn't like fighting too much, but can stand his ground just fine.

Backstory: Red was sent to Windy by her grandparents, who run a daycare facility. He was the result of breeding, and was raised in a fairly sheltered environment. Windy's grandparents named him Red after the Kanto Champion, and Windy didn't feel like changing his name.

Nickname: Shadow
Species: Poocheyenna
Ability: Run Away
Personality: Lonely nature, likes to run

Shadow is fairly friendly, but also a little shy because he's afraid that people won't like him. He's quiet, and wishes that he could make a friend. He's a little cowardly too, but still loves fighting and running about.

Backstory:

Shadow really just wants a friend. Not many people wanted Poochyenna because they were "evil" and Team Aqua and Team Magma used them in trying to push their schemes. So when he saw a young girl who he had never seen in Lilycove before come onto Route 221, he decided to try and make her his friend. It kinda worked.

I think you mean Route 121 in Shadow's backstory, but if the only issue I have is that minor nitpick, then I think it's safe to say that you're approved!

Darn, I also wanted to be a Delinquent! Are there allowed to be two trainers of the same class, or do you want more diversity? @Vexus

There's already plenty of variety in classes between us (off the top of my head we've already got a Battle Girl, Poké Fan, Rancher and Lass approved and a Rider pending) so I don't see an issue with two Delinquents.

Anyone want to be a Mysterious Sisters pair with me? I'm thinking of being the Fairy Tail Girl.

Of course, our corresponding starter Pokemon have to be themed or counterpart in some way e.g. both Eevees, Popplio & Rowlet, Sableye & Mawile, Cubone & A-Vulpix(Alola forms), Snorunt & A-Vulpix(Ice trainers to boot), etc.

Love the idea, and I would definitely encourage someone to play the Hex Maniac to Crow's Fairy Tail Girl!

@Ananfal Sure! PM me, and we can talk! I'm glad you get to be a Delinquent too!

@Vexus Yeah, let me fix that really quickly....

Please tell me if the colors get too hard to read! I use them to easily identify different characters, and I tried to use colors that would show up on all different types of background themes. But if you can't read it, just let me know and I'll change them back to default! (Also sorry for how late this was...)

Name:
Angelina Roux
"Just call me Angel. Please."

"I'm old enough to be on my own... Not like that's a big change."

"I think... it would have been easier as a boy. Maybe."

Trainer Class:
Delinquent
"Not sure what else I could be, really."

Appearance:
She has dirty blonde hair down to her shoulders, almost never tied up, instead just falling down in straight lengths. Her eyes are a dark brown, almost black, shaded by blue makeup that matches the shade of blue the Minun on the back of her black hoodie is painted in. To complete her outfit, she wears dark grey sweatpants and some dark sneakers. Her skin is pale, a hereditary trait from having lived indoors for most of her life. Now she often has to wear sunscreen in order to avoid sunburn with the amount of time she spends outdoors.
"I'm rather plain looking, I think. Certainly wouldn't win any Beauty contests."

Personality:
Angel is rather quiet, but not neccessarily shy. She definitely has her opinions, but doesn't prefer to share them unless asked or otherwise provoked. She has a fierce temper, but it only comes out in defense of Pokemon and the people she cares for. She has a sly and sarcastic wit, but doesn't show it very often. She's also rather stubborn, and once committed to a course of action, she rarely changes her mind. She's very insecure about herself and her self worth, but hides it extremely well. She's also rather lonely, and spends a lot of time with her Pokemon.
"I... I'm fine. Really, I am."

Starting town:
Lilycove
"It's greener than my hometown, that's for sure. Cleaner, too."

Backstory:
Angel grew up in Mauville City, also known as Entertainment Central. Her mother worked in one of the many businesses there, although she was vague on the details. However, due to the fact that businesses stayed open very late to cater to the late night crowds, Angel's mother was almost never at home. And when she was, she was certainly too tired to spend time with her only daughter. Angel basically had to grow up herself, and it... affected her. School helped, but only a little. Angel still felt horribly alone, except for her mother's Poochyena, Rex.

They formed a close bond, definitely closer than the one the dog-like Pokemon had with her mother. And finally, Angel couldn't stand it any longer. Waiting until her mother fell asleep after yet another long day and night working, she stole the Pokeball which housed Rex and, along with some of her clothes, all of her savings, and some food, she ran away. Bitterly, she wondered if her mother would even notice her missing.

She went to the east, where she caught an Electrike with the help of Rex. She went along Route 118, avoiding battles where she could. She wasn't looking for trouble, after all! However, one of the many fishermen in that area noticed her creeping along, disheveled, dirty, hungry, and obviously homeless. Taking pity on her, he gave her one of his Carvanha as extra protection and helped her get across the water route of 122 in order to reach Lilycove City. It was there that she tried to gain lodging in a hotel, only to get turned away by the rude clerk. However a young woman by the name of Windy spoke up in her defense, offering her a bed, and Angel couldn't be more grateful.

"It's a long story... and not one you want to hear, probably. I'm here now, and that's what matters."

Pokémon: Poochyena, Electrike, Carvanha

Nickname:
Rex

Species:
Poochyena

Ability:
Quick Feet

Personality:
Rex is very loyal to those who treat him well. He may act grumpy, but he's very kind - though he'll only show his softer side to Angel. He protects her viciously, and has a temper to match hers. He's very stubborn, however will always obey Angel's commands, although he will make his opinions known.

Backstory:
He originally went with Angel's mother when she was a teenager because she was bright and vivacious, but that faded after years and years of toil. He sympathized with Angel's pain, and appreciated her desire to explore the world, which is why he chose to go with her.

Nickname:
Lightning

Species:
Electrike

Ability:
Static

Personality:
Lightning is still a bit shy around people due to the recent nature of her capture. However, she is quickly warming up to Angel due to the girl's obvious care for her Pokemon. Lightning's always raring for a battle, and likes to taunt other Pokemon in the hopes of a good fight.

Backstory:
Lightning was Angel's first Pokemon capture on Route 122, after a tough battle due to Lightning's Ability. Rex got in a good first hit, but the battle extended after he became paralyzed. Lightning gave in peacefully after seeing Angel cry out in sympathetic pain and run to her partner after one hit too many sent Rex falling to the ground, sparks traveling over him. Since then, Lightning is Angel's first choice in any battle.

Nickname:
Piranha

Species:
Carvanha

Ability:
Rough Skin

Personality:
Due to his inherent toughness, it's clear that Piranha doesn't mind a fight. However, that doesn't mean he's going to start them. Calm and focused, he doesn't just strike head on. Instead, he employs basic tactics and strategies in order to try and out-think his opponents. That way, he has more time to laze around in the sun doing nothing and eat the wonderful treats Angel feeds him by hand.

Backstory:
Piranha was originally caught by another trainer, but was given to Angel as a sympathy gift. Not having spent much time with his previous trainer, it wasn't hard for Piranha to adjust to his new trainer. He definitely liked the kind treatment she gave him, and the food too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vexus
It's legible enough to me, but that shade of green pops a bit too much on the default skin in my opinion. The content itself is good, though I'm sure the League is just gonna love you illegally using Surf without any badges. But hey, that's why it's called delinquency, I suppose! Approved.

It's legible enough to me, but that shade of green pops a bit too much on the default skin in my opinion. The content itself is good, though I'm sure the League is just gonna love you illegally using Surf without any badges. But hey, that's why it's called delinquency, I suppose! Approved.
To be honest, I completely forgot that the only way to Lilycove without climbing a mountain was a water route, and thus hastely tried to cover my tracks, also completely forgetting that Surf was a restricted move. But yes, that does make her a real delinquent now. :P

I'll try and change the green to a slightly darker shade and see if that helps. I use the dark theme myself, so I prefer the other colors, but I'm sure I can find a compromise.

Edit: Color changed! Better now?

I'm all done with Jasper's form! I know it's all a little shallow right now but I'll develop him and his team as I RP with them (: looking forward to the ic!

I'm liking everybody's signups so far; we've got some interesting characters! Super looking forward to playing with everyone (there needs to be a scene where all the Poochyena owners hang out). Bring on the IC thread!

I was on the verge of having a Poochyena myself and swapped it for a Zigzagoon at the last moment because I wanted to abuse Pickup. I have no regrets.

I really wanted Intimidate, but Poochyena don't have them apparently, so :(

Technically Quick Feet is better anyways IMO.

Looking forward to an IC thread. I feel bad I keep missing things because I don't check here that often, but I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT:
Would setting up a Discord server be worth considering for this? Could work as an IC thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind a Discord server - would it include voice chat or just a place to chat that's not Iwaku?

I for one don't think voice is really necessary, but that's just a personal thing, don't really use it very often.

Then I don't really see the point, because an OOC thread would serve the same purpose as a separate Discord server. Discord's main advantage is it's voice chat, in my opinion.

It'd be easier for me if it was Discord, but that's fair enough, just means I have to manually check things more often, which is fine.

It works, it's just not as often as I'd like. It only sends for one message until I delete the email, and for something like this I'd like every post.

It's nothing though, just gonna take some getting used to.

It works, it's just not as often as I'd like. It only sends for one message until I delete the email, and for something like this I'd like every post.

It's nothing though, just gonna take some getting used to.
Well there are some ways to make sure you get a few more alerts - do you have it set up that everything gives you an alert? If that's the case, we could tag you in important posts or posts that mention your character, as well as replying directly to your post like I am doing here. That way you would end up with more alerts then just when someone responds to the thread. Will that make things easier for you? Most of the people I know don't use email alerts, so I'm not sure what exactly would help here.

I think it's just going to be a thing of me just getting used to & working with what's there, but I'll definitely keep in mind the mention thing, that sounds like a good thing to have set up.

Thanks for the help! I'm sure I'll be fine, it's just been a while since I legitimately used a forum in any capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.