Pokemon Go is out now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I have that kind of cash.
All you need is a backpack and hat. :P
And maybe some cardboard with "Will battle for food" written on it.

Lol. You say your friends have been banned? Becouse then they are prolly the 0.004 percent. Becouse I see nothing on the net about it other then rumors. Nintendo knows and embrace the fact that they are getting extra buzz over it. They would not shoot themselves in the foot by alieating over 70 percent of their future playerbase trough exclusion.

Will your Device get banned for Downloading the Pokémon GO APK?

Here in sweden, the Tri-Faction pokewar is in full swing. I roamed with about 30 people from team mystic, several collegues from work among them. We scoured the outskirts of stockholm for red and yellow gyms to mob.
I didn't say my friends have been banned, I said a friend of a friend had been banned! That's what they said, anyway. I'm still just not willing to take the risk. I'm a rule follower to a fault. :I

O_O So apparently, if you have at least one Pokemon stationed at a gym, you can go to the shop and tap the shield icon in the top-right corner to get 10 free pokecoins for every Pokemon currently in a gym! You can do this once every 20 hours, it looks like.

I wish I'd known about that sooner. I thought the only way to get pokecoins was with real money. O_O

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
O_O So apparently, if you have at least one Pokemon stationed at a gym, you can go to the shop and tap the shield icon in the top-right corner to get 10 free pokecoins for every Pokemon currently in a gym! You can do this once every 20 hours, it looks like.

I wish I'd known about that sooner. I thought the only way to get pokecoins was with real money. O_O
This would explain why Trainers would want to leave pokemon there. XD

This would explain why Trainers would want to leave pokemon there. XD

?? I wanted to leave Pokemon there long before I knew I could get pokecoins from it... That's just the fun of the competition between teams. O_o In fact, I'd still say that the pokecoins are only a bonus. They aren't the only reason why I'd want to leave Pokemon at gyms.

?? I wanted to leave Pokemon there long before I knew I could get pokecoins from it... That's just the fun of the competition between teams. O_o In fact, I'd still say that the pokecoins are only a bonus. They aren't the only reason why I'd want to leave Pokemon at gyms.
But without the coins there's no mechanical incentive. You might do it cause the experience is cool, but nothing in the game itself incentives players to do so. The coin thing would explain it though.

Germany has Pokemon Go now... I am cautiously optimistic 8|

But without the coins there's no mechanical incentive. You might do it cause the experience is cool, but nothing in the game itself incentives players to do so. The coin thing would explain it though.

... :/ I still think people would have incentive to place Pokemon in gyms even without that. I mean, I for one got sucked into the fun of it just fine, and it's not like the "defender bonus" was made very clear... I didn't know what it was until just now.

I MEAN, I guess you're right that it adds even more incentive, but like... Even if that wasn't the case, it's not like people wanting to place Pokemon in gyms would be a complete mystery. There's still fun in it by itself. >.> Which is why saying "oh, so that's why people are doing it" once pokecoins come into the picture seems like a bit much...

... :/ I still think people would have incentive to place Pokemon in gyms even without that. I mean, I for one got sucked into the fun of it just fine, and it's not like the "defender bonus" was made very clear... I didn't know what it was until just now.

I MEAN, I guess you're right that it adds even more incentive, but like... Even if that wasn't the case, it's not like people wanting to place Pokemon in gyms would be a complete mystery. There's still fun in it by itself. >.> Which is why saying "oh, so that's why people are doing it" once pokecoins come into the picture seems like a bit much...
I think you're missing the "Mechanical" when I say "Mechanical Incentive".

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2kucmVkZGl0bWVkaWEuY29tL3lJYlVoMU16RVJCb3pxX2ZqYV81cDZvV2FQTGx4cEZadUR2eDYtOHdaOXcucG5nP3c9NTkyJnM9M2FlOGZmOGI1N2ViNWMzOTJlZWU4MGE4MGU4OTNmYTIifQ.uPRNXgBGicFnQRq9CaQQIzCNuw8.png

d64fe7508f554815af2f316c32535bd5

Mystic for life. Me and my friend got shoulder patches and 3D printed bling.

@Gwazi Magnum
Fuck it. Where did you download the APK from? >:(

Also apparently we can raise money for charity while using Pokemon GO.

Adding on to this: if you're going to use an app like this, try to do a bit of research before you choose a charity to donate to. There are a lot of shitty charities out there that either don't make very good use of the money they're given, or can be outright destructive to the causes they claim to support. PETA and Autism Speaks are two good examples of shitty charities off the top of my head -- the latter of which was one of the first things I saw on the app I downloaded, which is why I wanted to bring it up.

I mean, this is a good practice to get into when doing any form of donating to charity, but, I figured I should still mention it. Even if you don't have to actually give any of your money in order to use these apps, you still wouldn't want to funnel money into a supposedly pro-animal rights group that euthanizes nearly every animal they "save", for example.

I caught a 49.1 kg XL Venonant. What the fuck that thing is almost as heavy as I am

I just ordered a varsity jacket with the Mystic logo on... I might have been consumed by Tribalism but I don't care. I'm running about, being social and now got a really sweet jacket on the way.

Reactions: Shiri and Kagayours
Does anyone think they can explain to me how the medals work in this game? O_O

pkmn_screenshot_2.png

pkmn_screenshot_1.png

I mean... it seems like what's happening is that the image represents what rank medal you currently have for a certain category (if any), and then the fraction at the bottom represents how many things you currently have out of how many things you need to obtain the next rank up. For example, tapping the Kanto medal says "Registered 51 Pokemon in the pokedex", which makes sense, as that's currently how many different species I have. And I'm assuming that, once I get 100, I'll get the gold version of that medal.

And for most things on this list, the explanation above still holds up. Granted, it's hard to actually check many of these since there seems to be no other way of looking up these numbers, meaning I kind of have to go off of what sounds approximately right based off of memory to figure out what's going on, but, most of them sound about right.

The big thing that's throwing me off, though, is the Youngster medal, which, if my theory is correct, means that I've captured 4 Rattatas... and I've caught way more than that. >_> Hell, I wouldn't be at all surprised if I've already caught more than 50 of them.

Soo... either that counter in particular is broken for some reason, or there's something I'm not understanding about how all this works. O_o

I admit I haven't always been paying close attention to those "you've just earned a medal" messages that come up when you do actually earn them, but, even when I do at least read them, I certainly can't be expected to memorize them all... O_o The medal collection screen alone should give me enough information to, at the very least, see which medals I've already earned and what I did in order to earn them, which is information I'm not getting... it only tells me what I have to do to get the next rank up, I think. >_>

Ordinarily I like collecting achievements and things in games, and watching an achievement list fill up, but... the way these medals are done makes it kind of hard to do that. >_>

ALSO, I would love it if the game was not forever stuck thinking that I have only ever been able to catch a measly four Rattatas. O_O

Edit: And it's kind of sad that that's the medal in particular that's broken, as it seems to be a reference to Youngster Joey, which is amusing. XD

*gasp* Maybe it's only counting all the top percentile Rattatas that I've caught... O_O

Edit2: Just did a bit of searching online -- looks like the Youngster medal is buggy for everyone.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.