Pokemon Go is out now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know why I still have the app. Good game, but not enough data on my phone and it drains the battery like mad.
And that's why portable power banks are a pretty good investment. :P I never go out for a Pokemon Go outing without one. XD

My college has two gyms and four pokestops! This is the life! New pokemon every day! :D

Every building on my college campus is a pokestop.

My dorm is a pokestop.

I'm a pokestop.

Seriously though, I'll never run out of pokeballs at this rate, and finding cool pokemon has become an effortless process. OwO

Every building on my college campus is a pokestop.

My dorm is a pokestop.

I'm a pokestop.

Seriously though, I'll never run out of pokeballs at this rate, and finding cool pokemon has become an effortless process. OwO
so lucky!!!

Holding gyms has become much more interesting, as well. It's not just a matter of putting a pokemon in a gym and maybe training at that gym a bit to raise its prestige, and then hoping everything goes well after I leave, which is how things generally went down back home. Now it's like... I can keep an eye on my gym whenever I want. I can make a short trip out to my gym whenever I have free time and train there for a while to keep its prestige up. It actually feels like I'm defending a gym, rather than placing my pokemon there, collecting my bonus, and moving on.

GRANTED, there are, of course, a fuckton of other Pokemon Go players here, so there are also a lot more rival team members who can also keep an eye on the gym and challenge it whenever they feel like, as well. But, the point remains, it feels a lot more involved. Not only that, but, the gym that I did take over is holding up a lot better than I thought it would. OwO

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

BUDDY POKEMON.

You can assign a specific pokemon to be your "buddy" and then YOU CAN GAIN CANDIES FOR THAT SPECIES JUST BY WALKING.

I haven't gotten the chance to test this out yet, so I don't know what distance is required to gain a candy, but even if it's some minuscule amount I am still SO IN LOVE WITH THIS IDEA. I imagine that, over time, the amount of candies gained can really add up for species that are really rare, thus making this feature hugely helpful in getting some of those evolutions. OwO

Reactions: LunaValentine
YOU ONLY NEED TO WALK THREE KILOMETERS TO GAIN ONE CANDY.

THAT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING.

:D Ohhhh I'm so going to enjoy watching these candies stack up... I'll probably gain more charmander candies in the next few weeks than I have ever since the game came out!

YOU ONLY NEED TO WALK THREE KILOMETERS TO GAIN ONE CANDY.

THAT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT I WAS EXPECTING.

:D Ohhhh I'm so going to enjoy watching these candies stack up... I'll probably gain more charmander candies in the next few weeks than I have ever since the game came out!
Depends on the pokemon!!! Magikarp only take 1 Km per candy! Finally got that Gyarados!

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
Crossing the street, he was pretty.... slow.

14292349_10153710775126331_7534959245098573437_n.jpg

I've kinda slowed down with the game. D: I've barely turned it on since I got back from vacation... in Vancouver there was lots to do, tons of Pokestops and Pokemon I couldn't catch at home, and back here it's like... ugh, suburbs. Weedles and pidgeys and rattatas. I'm kinda just waiting for Gen 2 to be released now.

I've kinda slowed down with the game. D: I've barely turned it on since I got back from vacation... in Vancouver there was lots to do, tons of Pokestops and Pokemon I couldn't catch at home, and back here it's like... ugh, suburbs. Weedles and pidgeys and rattatas.
How far of a walk is it to a more population-dense area? I started out in the suburbs, so that's kind of what I was used to -- then I figured out where the hot spots were. OwO Some of them were quite a walk away, but I quickly got used to it. XD The advantage to this is that I found myself hatching eggs fairly quickly due to the long walks that it took to get to the good spots and back. Now that I'm on a college campus, I live in one of the busy spots, which is nice -- but it also feels like eggs hatch veeery slowly. I'm used to getting through them a lot quicker during a single outing. o_o

In any case, the suburbs aren't awful, at least in my experience -- you can at least walk to hatch eggs, and those pidgeys and rattatas are good for evolution sprees. Not to mention, you'll see some cool stuff every once in a while! And it's pretty exciting. XD Plus, with the new buddy thing, you can still get candy for rare pokemon that you don't have the evolutions for yet! OwO

I'm kinda just waiting for Gen 2 to be released now.
Well, they still have to release the legendaries (and Ditto) first. XD Not to mention trading. o_o" Gen II might be a bit of a wait. I still want to fill the Gen I dex first!

Status
Not open for further replies.