Pokemon Go is out now!!!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually just found Bulbasaur back in the admin area at work. Aw yis
Hopefully on my city trip tomorrow , I can find a Charmander, a friend of mine posted this on facebook a few days ago. Who knew Charmander takes trains?

13620910_1735853216663974_4273937210098791342_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Dizzy and Shiri
Hopefully on my city trip tomorrow , I can find a Charmander, a friend of mine posted this on facebook a few days ago. Who knew Charmander takes trains?

13620910_1735853216663974_4273937210098791342_n.jpg
Well, he can't fly yet, so he's gotta get around the city somehow!

Well, he can't fly yet, so he's gotta get around the city somehow!
I guess so, he must be too lazy to walk like the other pokemons. Also, fun fact, caterpies, weedles, pidgeys and ratattas are the main stays of most parts of at least Staten Island and parts of Manhattan.

I have an interesting pondering question to ask everyone ( both owning the game and not), has all these crimes/ discoveries/ human stupidity deter you from playing/ to be blamed or do you believe that the people should be blamed for the danger they get themselves in when using the app?

For me, I personally think to blame the people, they can look up at any time and choose not too.

Definitely the people. It's not like any part of the app stops you from looking up and being aware, and anyone who was glued to their phone badly enough that they couldn't look both ways before crossing the street would get themselves hurt no matter what app they were staring at.

Besides, the app itself even gives a warning on the loading screen (which, given all the server errors and glitches that you need to restart the app to get out of, I'm sure we all spend a lot of time looking at) that tells players to be aware of their surroundings. So, it's not like the game is at all encouraging people to do stupid things or blindly walk into danger. And if a person can't heed that warning, then that's entirely on them.

I guess so, he must be too lazy to walk like the other pokemons. Also, fun fact, caterpies, weedles, pidgeys and ratattas are the main stays of most parts of at least Staten Island and parts of Manhattan.

I'm pretty sure those are the main stays of just about everywhere. XD

I'm pretty sure those are the main stays of just about everywhere. XD
Yeah. I think it is really funny that a friend who was indifferent to pokemon now hates the app coverage and somehow who slightly mocked me for liking pokemon is playing Go. It is even attracting the haters of the series.

Also, has anyone's radar (for lack of a better term) been acting strange lately?

Like, you're supposed to see fewer footprints when a Pokemon is closer to you, right? Well, as of today, it seems that my radar is only ever showing me three footprints on every Pokemon. Like, the order that the Pokemon are in still changes, but, even when the Pokemon actually are close to me, I still only see three footprints. And I know that they're getting closer to me, because I keep seeing Pokemon show up seemingly out of nowhere even when I'm not using an incense or a lure. And it's usually the species that's the closest to me according to my radar, so... Yeah. It seems like it's still working just as it should, save for the fact that it's still showing me three footprints when it should only be one or two -- which makes Pokemon a lot harder to pinpoint. >.>

I thought it was just me, until I met someone else today who said she seemed to be having the same issue. Is anyone else getting this?

Reactions: LunaValentine
Also, has anyone's radar (for lack of a better term) been acting strange lately?

Like, you're supposed to see fewer footprints when a Pokemon is closer to you, right? Well, as of today, it seems that my radar is only ever showing me three footprints on every Pokemon. Like, the order that the Pokemon are in still changes, but, even when the Pokemon actually are close to me, I still only see three footprints. And I know that they're getting closer to me, because I keep seeing Pokemon show up seemingly out of nowhere even when I'm not using an incense or a lure. And it's usually the species that's the closest to me according to my radar, so... Yeah. It seems like it's still working just as it should, save for the fact that it's still showing me three footprints when it should only be one or two -- which makes Pokemon a lot harder to pinpoint. >.>

I thought it was just me, until I met someone else today who said she seemed to be having the same issue. Is anyone else getting this?
This is totally happening to me too! It's super strange. D:

And when it finally comes to Sweden you realize that it won't be released for windows phones so you're screwed until it's time to change phone in five years.... I am gonna dislike all my friends pokemon go updates on fb! D: YOU TRAITORS ARE PLAYING WITHOUT ME!!!! -Goes play the sims freeplay, trying to forget pokemon exists-

And when it finally comes to Sweden you realize that it won't be released for windows phones so you're screwed until it's time to change phone in five years.... I am gonna dislike all my friends pokemon go updates on fb! D: YOU TRAITORS ARE PLAYING WITHOUT ME!!!! -Goes play the sims freeplay, trying to forget pokemon exists-
I realized that my phone is too old today. I can get all the latest Google Maps and all that other nonsense but I can't download Pokemon Go on my phone. Ugh.

Well, as it seems, my radar wasn't working properly for me all of yesterday. I would say it was the update. Created more bugs.

This will go down as the best, and worst, game launch in history.

Now the servers are down again for me.

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/pokemon_go

That is a website that will allow you to check on the status of the servers.

Niantic could have given us so much more for launch. They could be doing so much better if they had fixed a lot of issues.

• Thank You
Reactions: LunaValentine
I realized that my phone is too old today. I can get all the latest Google Maps and all that other nonsense but I can't download Pokemon Go on my phone. Ugh.
My tablet is too old. It won't even give me the option to look at the game in the Play Store. xD

It's up and working for me now

@Opal @Boba Fit Let me know when your radars start working right again. Until I encounter a pokemon, it's hard to tell the difference between it still being broken, or there actually not being any pokemon that close to me.

YOU CAN HATCH EGGS BY PUTTING YOUR PHONE ON A RECORD PLAYER.

I mean, it looks ridiculous -- and it's a shame I can't take a picture/video of it -- but, amazingly enough, it works. The game counts it as walking distance for your eggs. O_O

The fastest speed that this works at is 45 RPM. I tried the 78 RPM setting and the centrifugal force made my phone slide right off. o_o

And before anyone asks, I did not discover this myself by rotating my phone on a turntable for no good reason. A friend of mine texted me saying that they saw something online about it, and I just had to test it out to see if it was true, and it is. ...That being said, I do have some questions for whoever did first discover this...

Still, this is just... beautiful, really. XD

In other news! Some of these pokedex entries are... interesting.

Whenever Pikachu comes across something new, it blasts it with a jolt of electricity. If you come across a blackened berry, it's evidence that this Pokemon mistook the intensity of its charge.
O_O Well ok then...

When Nidorina are with their friends or family, they keep their barbs tucked away to prevent hurting each other. This Pokemon appears to become nervous if separated from the others.
Aww... Nidorina sound like such precious little darlings. ^^

Parasect is known to infest large trees en masse and drain nutrients from the lower trunk and roots. When an infested tree dies, they move onto another tree all at once.
Wait wait wait hold on.

The Paras/Parasect line is already infamous for being based off of that creepy fungus that essentially takes over the brains of insect hosts and turns them into zombie slaves. And we already know that Parasect doesn't really have a will of its own and is controlled by the mushroom on its back -- which is apparently called "tochukaso", as Paras' pokedex entry tells us. So, the tochukaso is a parasite to the Parasect, which, in turn, is a parasite to the trees... so... Parasect-infested trees are trees that are infested with parasites, that are also infested with parasites. ...Interesting.

Venomoth is nocturnal -- it is a Pokemon that only becomes active at night.
Ok so, this is only part of Venomoth's pokedex entry, and there's nothing really weird about any of it -- I just find this one line amusing on account of the fact that I caught my first Venomoth in broad daylight. :P

Persian has six bold whiskers that give it a look of toughness. The whiskers sence air movement to determine what is in the Pokemon's surrounding vicinity. It becomes docile if grabbed by its whiskers.
O_O I feel like "becoming docile" is the last thing that a cat would do if you grabbed hold of its whiskers. D: And isn't Persian in particular supposed to be based off of a mean, how-dare-you-touch-me-you-trashy-human sort of cat? This is just... odd.

Psyduck uses a mysterious power. When it does so, this Pokemon generates brain waves that are supposedly only seen in sleepers. This discovery spurred controversy among scholars.
XD I just find the thought of anything being "controversial" in Pokemon research to be incredibly amusing.

The longer a Geodude lives, the more its edges are chipped and worn away, making it more rounded in appearance. However, this Pokemon's heart will remain hard, craggy, and rough always.
That's hilarious. XD I mean, the first half was sort of interesting, actually, but... I did not expect it to end that way. XD

I don't have anything interesting to say about Gastly's pokedex entry, but I just want anyone who's already caught a Gastly to go to its page in the pokedex (or the stat page of one that you currently have), and swipe left and right to switch between Gastly and whatever you have next to it on either side. Watch the graphics closely. You're welcome. XD

If your nose becomes itchy while you are sleeping, it is a sure sign that [Drowzee] is standing above your pillow and trying to eat your dreams through your nostrils.
... o_o"

This Pokemon is not satisfied unless it is rampaging at all times. If there is no opponent for Tauros to battle, it will charge at thick trees and knock them down to calm itself.
Woah Tauros you need to settle down. o_o

Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokemon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it.
XD I love how Pokemon researchers apparently just couldn't deal with the thought that there's a Pokemon species out there that could be so weak, and they just had to do research to figure out what's up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.