Pokemon Go is out now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else NOT playing this?
Well. I mean.

People who live in Canada.

And just about everywhere else that isn't the US, Japan, or Australia. ...Unless it's out in some other countries that I'm forgetting.

Well. I mean.

People who live in Canada.

And just about everywhere else that isn't the US, Japan, or Australia. ...Unless it's out in some other countries that I'm forgetting.
It's actually not even released in Japan. Just the US, Australia, New Zealand, and apparently fucking New Guinea.

It's actually not even released in Japan. Just the US, Australia, New Zealand, and apparently fucking New Guinea.
...You sure?

That's... odd. o_o

Things I learned after illegally obtaining discovering that Pokemon GO is available in Canada.
be able to fill up in just a few runs.
  1. I was very, VERY wrong here. I just came back from playing it for about 3 hours (and walking about 7km according to the eggs) and my Pokedex is only at 14.
  2. Trainer Customisation could use some work.
  3. Always. Bring. Water. Trust. Me.
  4. I have some good beginners luck. For the second pokemon was Eevee, and I caught a Bird Jesus in my first hour.
  5. People will drive by you and shout out "POKEMON GO! YEAY!" from the Car.
  6. Watch where you're going, cause you might find that your Pokemon Hotspot is occupied by baby Coyotes.
  7. I like this game enough I can see this becoming a workout routine for me.
  8. Pokemon GO REALLY likes Churches
  9. For those in Oakville Ontario. Coronation Park is outright loaded with pit stops and Gyms.

Bird Jesus?
Wju4miv.jpg

I hate to be the one who informs everyone of this, but evidently since pokemon go has launched, according to major..."providers" the amount of searches for pokemon pron HAS SKYROCKETED....Humanity is doomed. *Goes to continue his search for Mewtwo*

I hate to be the one who informs everyone of this, but evidently since pokemon go has launched, according to major..."providers" the amount of searches for pokemon pron HAS SKYROCKETED....Humanity is doomed. *Goes to continue his search for Mewtwo*
Were you expecting anything less?

Things I learned after illegally obtaining discovering that Pokemon GO is available in Canada.

1. Pokemon GO REALLY likes Churches
My roommate caved in and downloaded Pokemon Go tonight on his iPhone - can confirm that first Pokestop was the church across the street from our apartment complex.

Unfortunately I can't download it safely because I have an Android and it's just the APK getting people banned, not the iPhone exploit. >:(

My roommate caved in and downloaded Pokemon Go tonight on his iPhone - can confirm that first Pokestop was the church across the street from our apartment complex.
I wonder what the Churches think of all these people showing up looking for pokemon. XD
Unfortunately I can't download it safely because I have an Android and it's just the APK getting people banned, not the iPhone exploit. >:(
... I'm using APK. :/

I'm really hoping my 10km today (went for a second trip) isn't wasted. o_o

I wonder what the Churches think of all these people showing up looking for pokemon. XD

... I'm using APK. :/

I'm really hoping my 10km today (went for a second trip) isn't wasted. o_o
I don't know of anybody actually being banned... but if you are you can just sign up with a pokemon trainer account or a dummy google account.

Side note, have people been getting weird data spikes with the Ap?

Like, for the majority of play I very slowly climb by like 1-2MB used every 20 minutes or so...
But them occasionaly it just sky rockets and 100MB get's used. o_o

Day 1, a quarter of my plan gone. I can't keep this up daily considering that.
I don't know of anybody actually being banned... but if you are you can just sign up with a pokemon trainer account or a dummy google account.
True... but still, 10km. :/

Some of my roommate's friends have been banned from using the APK, unfortunately. I just don't want to take the risk. :I

• Useful
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
Side note, have people been getting weird data spikes with the Ap?

Like, for the majority of play I very slowly climb by like 1-2MB used every 20 minutes or so...
But them occasionaly it just sky rockets and 100MB get's used. o_o
Ok, update. I'm checking through my Ap info now. It claims Pokemon GO has only used 29 MB...
No idea why my phone claims I already used up 500 MB. :/

Lol. You say your friends have been banned? Becouse then they are prolly the 0.004 percent. Becouse I see nothing on the net about it other then rumors. Nintendo knows and embrace the fact that they are getting extra buzz over it. They would not shoot themselves in the foot by alieating over 70 percent of their future playerbase trough exclusion.

Will your Device get banned for Downloading the Pokémon GO APK?

Here in sweden, the Tri-Faction pokewar is in full swing. I roamed with about 30 people from team mystic, several collegues from work among them. We scoured the outskirts of stockholm for red and yellow gyms to mob.

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
Ok, update. I'm checking through my Ap info now. It claims Pokemon GO has only used 29 MB...
No idea why my phone claims I already used up 500 MB. :/
My phone says I've used a lot less data playing than I actually expected.

My phone says I've used a lot less data playing than I actually expected.
Is that data you expected still being considered used though? :/
Cause either Pokemon GO is REALLY demanding on data, or (far more likely) this being a brand new phone there's some buggery going on adding the data.

Last edited:
Pokemon go draws suprisingly little data for how much I played it
I havebeen using it for 8-9 hours a day, and Its only drawn like, 40 mb a day?

Meanwhile a single youtube video took 100+

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
... There has to be something else doing it then. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.