Pokemon Go is out now!!!

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Kagayours, Jul 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! O_O

Unfortunately, they seem to be experiencing server issues at the moment... But, where I am, it's late at night anyway, and I didn't exactly plan on going on a late-night jog to catch Pokemon, so... hopefully it'll be fixed in the morning. o_o

And then I can wake up all ready to begin my journey as a Pokemon master...!!! OwO

Also, based on what small amount of the game I did see before the servers derped out, it looks like there's tons of trainer customization! You can even have ANIME HAIR. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. I managed to get into the game and catch myself a Charmanderer... But now I can't do much of anything till tomorrow. OwO

3. Apparently it's only out in Australia, so I got it from an APK site whose download took hours, but I haven't actually tried the game yet. Really excited to try it!

4. o3o No, it's out in the US, too... I got it from the App Store no problem.

5. It's not out in Canada

*fart noise*

6. So, I installed it using the APK, but all I get is that there are server issues.

7. ARE YOU FOR REAL IT'S OUT IN THE US CAUSE I HAVE BEEN CHECKING THE APP STORE LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW AND I DONT SEE A THING DONT MIND ME USING CAPS I'M JUST VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY EXCITED OKAY

lol but seriously i don't see it

8. I dunno what to tell you... o_o" Someone told me it was out in the US, so I went to the App Store and found it easily.

9. I just found it and apparently my phone is not compatible

Naruto fuck this shit.gif

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 5
  10. It was in the App Store when I checked around 8pmPST. ^.^

• Cat Like Typing Detected Cat Like Typing Detected x 1
  11. So it's out now for the most part. Thought I'd be the one to start the thread so I can say I still do stuff around here. Having fun so far, but the highlight of my night has easily been sprinting halfway down my street to make sure this guy didn't get away.

[​IMG]

Spoiler alert: He didn't get away. CP 303. I'm gonna go butt-fuck the local gym tomorrow if the Team Valor guy in there right now gets booted.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Caught a charmander in my room like an hour ago. XL weight, XL height. I've dubbed him "Big Boy", and he is my baby.

• Love Love x 1
  13. So I'm super stoked about this BUT

1. This sucks for me because I live in a remote area soooo.... hard to find gyms, pokestops, etc...

2. It'd be way cooler if you could battle wild pokemon with your own pokemon.

• Love Love x 1
  14. DAY 1

POKEMON OBTAINED:
    Charmander
    Caterpie
    Metapod
    Weedle
    Kakuna
    Pidgey
    Pidgeotto
    Rattata
    Spearow
    Zubat
    Oddish
    Paras
    Gastly
    Horsea
    Eevee

IT IS ALSO WORTH NOTING THAT 'DAY 1' REALLY ISN'T OVER YET, and I will probably go back out again later today.

• Nice execution! Nice execution! x 1
  15. so jealous RN ;__;

16. I attempted to go out for the 2nd time today, but there were too many server issues. ALSO, my phone wasn't recognizing the power bank that I brought with me, despite the fact that it was working just fine this morning, so I ran out of battery life very quickly. SOMEHOW, I managed to catch a Venonat and female Nidoran before I went back inside, but, it was clear that I wouldn't get too much out of it for the time being. Besides, it was HOT outside, and I really didn't want to stay out in the hot sun if I couldn't even catch Pokemon while I was doing it.

And to make matters worse, my house doesn't have AC, so I didn't even have any cool air to return to. And once I finally stopped trying to get somewhere with Pokemon Go, that's when the heat REALLY hit me, probably because I had nothing to distract myself with. I swear, I actually felt dizzy scrambling around to find a fan, and a rubber band to get my hair off my neck. O_O And now, in addition to those measures, I have also rubbed ice on my face and stripped completely naked -- and, as of starting to type this message -- I still felt like I was dying... Now, however, I do feel like I've cooled off a bit. But I still feel really, unpleasantly hot. >_>

I know I felt really hot and exhausted when I came back from that first outing, but at least that felt worth it. O_O

POINT IS, even if I wasn't having server issues or anything, I still don't know how eager I would be to go back outside... >_>

Maybe I'll try again later today, closer to dusk, when it'll hopefully be a bit cooler out...

This felt like a blog post, but there ya go.

• You Need a Hug You Need a Hug x 2
  17. Sooo, I went out yesterday. Walked around a bit. Caught some stuff. Evolved some stuff. You know... So, my favorite that I've managed to get so far is a pikachu that I hatched from an egg received at a pokestop. :D Going to the beach sometime soon, hoping to get some awesome water-types.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. As someone with a degree in Kinesiology and a fitness addict, this makes me very happy.

As someone who loves pokemon, anime, and other nerdy things this makes me very happy.

In general, this is one of the greatest things ever. Helping people be healthier, while having fun and catching pokemon. Brilliant.

My adventure begins.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  19. So a couple questions about this game.

1) Does it alert you when pokemon are nearby when you're not on the ap? Like if its just running in the background?
    2) On the bottom right it shows you what pokemon are nearby, and your able to select one of the pokemon next to the footprint symbols. What does that even do?
    3) On the map you will see leaves floating up? Does that mean anything?

20. 1. No.

2. If I'm not mistaken, the amount of footprints means how close in proximity you are to that pokemon. Not positive on that though.

• Thank Thank x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.