Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Astrid

Astrid looked at the ground and thought about what she said. "Yeah, perhaps catch...is a bit aggressive for someone for you." She looked at Eevee as it laid down near Astrid's feet and closed it eyes, unaware of Frokaie eying the fox. "Maybe I should've said '5 Pokemon you would love to own on this journey if you had the chance' instead." Astrid was unsure how to talk about Pokemon things without offending him much. Astrid started to feel a bit aggressive to Jay, who seems like a total pacifist. "I'm sure we'll get our own Pokemon in our journey. I'm kinda excited for what Pokemon i'll find and have with me." She giggled a bit and looked down at Eevee as it peacefully slept on her feet. She looked at Jay after he asked the same question.

"Hmm...There are alot of Pokemon that I have learned about over the course of 2 years. Professor Atlas had me observe and learn more about them. He also wanted me to collect certain types of Pokemon too. I know you don't like the idea of capturing Pokemon, but I won't go around and capturing random Pokemon for fun. If I find a Pokemon that wants to come along with me, then i'll gladly let it come with me." She smiled as some kids ran past the group as they were giggling and playing with each other. Astrid watched as the kids ran past them having fun. "The Pokemon I want to find our Pokemon that have different ways of evolving. There are methods of evolution other than training, trading, happiness, stones, and more. I want to find Pokemon that has those abilities and ask if they would like to join me. I don't have any in mind right now, but i'm sure i'll find a few Pokemon that I wouldn't mind asking them to join if they wish." She finished by putting her hand on her heart. Astrid looked up as the sun was starting to fall down a little from the sky towards the sunset.

"Racing?" She asked. Astrid never rode a Pokemon and even then, she isn't sure about riding a Pokemon as many things could go wrong. "What kinds of Pokemon do they have for the race? I remember they used to ride Rhyhorns in the past. Not sure if they changed." Astrid thought more about the idea of racing. She was worried that either her or Jay could get injured racing, but if Jay is fine with it, perhaps Astrid could give it a shot.

Merlin

Merlin walked around the festival, killing time as he waits for the professor to return from his Gym Battling. He noticed many of the fine looking women walking around in their festival outfits. Charming women here. Wonder who I should talk to. Merlin gave a soft grin to himself as he plans his next move. As he was deep in thought, a young man appeared in front of Merlin. The man wore a rather nice looking suit and had well rounded glasses on his eyes. He seemed like a businessman of some sort. He gave a soft smile towards Merlin before continuing.

"You seem like a well educated guy." The young man said to Merlin. Merlin looked at the man who seemed to be a bit distressed from the man catching him off guard.

"Yes...Who are you." He said a bit coldly to the man.

"Pardon my interruption. You may get back to ogling with girls soon." The man said. A green bipedal chameleon walked up towards the man with those strange looking eyes at Merlin.

"Kecleon!" The green chameleon said to Merlin as it was introducing himself to him.

250px-352Kecleon.png

"A Kecleon huh?" Merlin said to the Kecleon as it looked at Merlin. "Heard these Pokemon were impossible to find here in Epica due to most of them disappearing a few months ago." The man seemed a bit interested that Merlin knew about Kecleon and the rarity of these Pokemon.

"You got that right. This Pokemon could net me some fortune. But it doesn't have many moves, so I can't sell it until it learns some amazing moves." The man adjusted his glasses and roughly patted Kecleon on the head. "He'll be my ticket to greater things. And I want you to help me out." He gave a firm and strong stare at Merlin in the eyes. Merline gave a even bigger glare at him.

"So what do you want from me? You want me to teach him some moves I assume." Merlin didn't seemed to be impressed with him and his greedy motives, but he didn't want to cause any trouble around the festival so he kept himself from doing anything rash to the man.

"Don't worry, I won't do anything bad." The man reaffirmed. "Just help me learn some sweet moves for Kecleon and i'll even split the money with you, deal." He wasn't no ordinary man, he seems to have some experience with dealing with favors. Merlin wasn't sure what to do with this guy. He could easily handle him and take his Kecleon and free him from the man's grips, but he doesn't want to cause problems in the festival. After some thought, Merlin came to a conclusion.

"I'll think about it. I'll need to know what moves Kecleon could learn before I can do so. But I won't promise you I can do it." Merlin said. The man seemed a bit joyed, but still had his sinister grin behind those joyful moments.

"At least you have an interest in it. So i'm happy." The man joyfully said. "I shall await your answer." The man said before dismissing Merlin back to the festival. The man and Kecleon left into the shadows.

I never had an interest in teaching your Kecleon at all. Merlin left the Festival in a fowl mood and went to meditate elsewhere in Numera Town.

"LAHH!" Robbin awkoke with a delayed scream after Litwick had given him an astonishing shout. He nearly punched Clavies in the knee out of instinctive reaction and partly from the flinch that the Astonish had caused. The boy looked around with a woozy look and smacked his eyes to make sure he was really awake.

"Ah! All just a night terror. Musta passed out before Iggly did her thing." Robbin sighed with relief as he saw that the auditorium was somewhat back to normal, but the seats were now empty. "Mannn.. but I missed my chance at crushing Spoildy Locks." Robbin mumbled disappointingly as he looked down in his lap at Igglybuff who was still snoring cutely. She had been completley undisturbed by Robbin's scream and clearly slept deeply.

"Who won?" Robbin asked Clavies. "Please say it wasn't Blondey...." He imagined the prissy Jolesa giggling straight into his face and rubbing it in that he couldn't beat her. That's until Robbin noticed the pink ribbon in Clavies hand and he understood who won without her saying. "Welp, that lightens my mood." The kid with the purple hair stood with a crack of his back. "Adios Raltsy." He bid farewell to Clavies in the Ralts inspired dress.

Robbin wondered why his suit was wet, but shrugged it off to go and change out of his costume. Before heading to the wardrobe room, he spotted Bee with Treeko and the furry slob creature standing backstage. "Some show, huh?" The boy said sarcastically to his green haired pal before ringing out his sleeve. Igglybuff was held against his waist like a basketball as she dreamed of rainbows and sparkley things Robbin supposed.

"No worries, I take no offense." Jay assured Astrid as he tried to make Froakie more comfortable with a warm smile. The frog just looked at Jay and stuck it's sticky fingers onto the glass of the egg case to observe it carefully. "That's your future friend I hope." Jay told his water frog before looking back to Astrid. "We will. I'm sure of it too." He replied with a light chuckle at the red head's giggling excitement.

"It's good to give Pokemon the freedom to decide what they want. I much prefer it to the idea of forcing them to be owned." The blue haired guy had another look at his water starter and continued, "That's why I feel that if Froakie wants to be alone then I won't stop him from leaving. He hasn't left so far, so I've been looking after him until he's ready to decide." Froakie blinked toward Jay and then looked over at Astrid with his hands still sticking to the egg case. Jay looked away to smile at Astrid's gesture and then glanced back into her dark eyes to listen. "I'm looking forward to see you research these different evolution styles." He added.

"We don't have to if you don't want. It's just something I've always wanted to try." Jay said to Astrid as it appeared she wasn't much into the racing idea. "Riding high upon a Pokemon's back while speeding off into the evening sky seems like a thrilling life experience." He said as he looked up with a rub of his brow. "We can go find out." Jay said as he looked back down to answer her question with a short smile.

When they'd arrive to the stables, they'd discover an assortment of land Pokemon from there first to third evolution. There were Ponyta, Boufallont, Stantler, Stoutland, and lots more to choose from. Many of the racing pokemon were normal types, but there were a few exceptions as well. They'd be able to reserve a Pokemon here for the race if they wanted to and even sign up. A fuzzy, brown and wingless bird with three heads would catch Jay's interest. The tall ostrich-like pokemon with pink and white tail feathers appears to be napping while standing.

"AROMATISSE! Please stop!" Jolesa shouted toward her Pokemon who was hovering swiftly away. "Huhhh?" Her face became bewildered as she felt something hop onto her head. A swablu swooped down and cried it's name before flying after Aromatisse as well. Joleas was even more confused by this and the distraction caused her to trip over some guy who was meditating. "I'm SO sorry." The young girl said while scrambling in the dirt. The nice dress that she had borrowed as a costume was now filthy. She pouted as she thought over how badly the day had turned out while she tried to get up. @EternalInfinity

"Why do you follow? Why?-Why?" Aromatisse squawked toward Swablu who was right on her heels. She was beginning to get agitated with the cloud winged blue bird. Roma! Roma Tisse!

Last edited:
"Eek!" Clavies had jumped from his sudden awakening, but thankfully, Robin had come back to his senses after waking up. Well, more or less woken up at least. Litwick chuckled a little bit, scurrying back to his trainer and perching over her shoulder. Clavies giggled softly, petting her Litwick and tossing it a red poke-block. "Here, a reward." She chimed, giggling a little bit.

He seemed to be pretty startled, and eager to know if Jolesa had won or not; though just from finding the pink ribbon in the girl's hand, he appeared to have relaxed a little bit. She might as well go challenge the gym leader soon, since she had just finished her contest. Though, she wouldn't battle with Milotic unless it lead to it; being how she was at least. "Okay guys, lets go train with Milotic!" She giggled, and the other two pokemon chimed along. She didn't question where Swablu was, since Swablu would come back anyways.

Clavies entered the change room, going back into her long sleeved dress and strapping her bag over one shoulder and letting it rest on her side. "Okay, So.. Well just have to look for the gym, right?" She asked Ralts, who seemed to mentally face palm. 'How can you be so confident in a contest, and yet so ditzy out of it?'.

Little did she know, that there was a small cotton bunny following Clavies' every step, as though she were shy.
~~~

The Swablu kept hovering over to the rogue fairy, soon landing in front of it with it's wings clustered up into fluff. 'Why are you so upset? You weren't this upset with Clavies met you!' The swablu replied, and it didn't seem to enjoy the sight of the pokemon arguing with her trainer. It wanted to, in some way, help both of them. The bird was being calm and collected about this, and didn't raise her voice. "Swa, swa blu blu."

Astrid

"I'm glad. You just seem to take alot of things a bit more serious when it comes to kids stuff." Astrid giggled a little bit. But she knew how he felt about all of this. Pokemon getting hurt, Pokemon being captured out of their own will, it's not something to take lightly and even then, she felt a bit sick to her stomach, or maybe it's the Sushi. "No matter, whatever Pokemon we get, it'll be for the right reason." She gave a heartful smile and patted Jay on the shoulders. She seemed to have been enjoying this small talk and it makes her feel happy to have someone who can, in a way, understand her feelings with Pokemon. "Oh don't worry Jay." Astrid smirked as Jay asked her about looking forward to learning more about evolutions. "There are many evolutions to be learned and many more that can be discovered in the future. I'll be taking alot of notes on this journey as I learn much more about each and every Pokemon." She finished up her statement and become more interested in the idea of journaling notes down on the journey.

"I suppose we could take a look in the stables" She added. Hoping to find more Pokemon to look at. She wasn't one hundred percent sure about racing, but she wouldn't mind watching a race to see how riding a Pokemon would be. She noticed Eevee sleeping on her feet. Not wanting to wake the Pokemon up, Astrid took out Eevee's Pokeball and returned the Pokemon back into it's ball. She followed Jay into the stables and looked around the stable.

Her excitement could not be held in any longer. She started to fangirl a little about the different types of Pokemon in the pen. "Ohh this Pokemon is soo cute and that one is soo cool." Her words seemed to have gathered the attention of both the staff and the civilians alike, giving a rather, weird look to her, one that Jay would be a bit embarrassed about. After that, she stopped and took out her notebook and jot down some notes about certain Pokemon's habitat, what they eat, temperature, interaction, other things. The people seemed to have stopped looking at her now that she has calmed down and went on to their lives. After finishing, she noticed a Pokemon Jay was looking at. A three headed ostrich taking a nap on it's feet. A rather interesting detail Astrid noticed.

"Oh! It's a Dodrio!" Astrid blurred out. "Dodrio's head represent 'Joy, Sadness, and Anger' and they have three sets of body parts too." She was impressed for seeing such a rare creature around here in Numera town and took more notes on it, she also drew a picture of it sleeping in the exact same way, only that it was kinda sloppy, but still portrait what she saw. She continued to take notes of the other Pokemon she saw. The people around her seemed to have gotten used to her doing this kind of thing since she seems to be learning more about each kinds of Pokemon.

Merlin

Merlin meditated just about closely to the contest hall as he tries to forget the incident he had with the man. His mind was slowly calming down as pictures past through his mind about it. But he also kept in mind of his goal that he had planned to do in Epica. Just then, he felt something hit his knee as something fell down over him. Merlin opened his eyes to see what it was. It was a young girl in a sylish dress...Or would be if it wasn't for the dirt on her clothes. Merlin wasn't expecting someone to interrupt his meditation, let along a girl, but he didn't care as he got what he needed out of the way. The girl seemed to be trying to get up after that fall. Merlin got up from his position, walked over to her and extended his hand to her as to help her get up. "Are you okay?" Merlin gave a smile as he tried to help make the girl feel a little better.

"Um... Yeah..." Bee smirked and looked down at the drenched kid. "Never seen anything like it, that's for sure." Thinking back on it, it had certainly been a one-of-a-kind, exciting experience. Something the likes of which they would hopefully never see again in their lifetime. "Clavies won, by the way. Just in case you didn't know." She wasn't sure where the winner had gone off to, which was a little disappointing, since Bee had wanted to congratulate her.

"Hey, I almost forgot!" Bee perked up suddenly, a grin appearing on her face. "There's a festival in town! It sounds like a lot of fun. And Astrid and Jay are going to be there, maybe we can meet up with them or something." She shrugged. "I dunno. It just sounded like something fun to do after such a hectic day, y'know?"

Aromatisse floated around Swablu gracefully before turning around to face the smaller bird while lightly grounding herself. The fairy bird shook her head a few times before deciding that, although it wasn't Swablu's business, she had no one else to vent to. "I wasn't ready to change. No-not at all." She chirped as she thought over her feelings and looked at her new set of hands. Her fear of uncertainty, clear. "To please my master, I sacrificed my old self-the me I always knew." The feathered fairy shook her head again in a flustered manner before speaking once more to Swablu, "Spritzee was unsure-so unsure. Even after, I wasn't good enough to win for her." Aro! Aromatisse turned her beak to screech in frustration before spying Swablu again with one of her alluring red eyes.

"I am far from it." Jolesa replied to the handsome man who helped her to her feet. The girl was even more embarrassed that she had such an accident in front of someone so seemingly charming. "Thank you, sir. I should've paid better attention." She said politely to the man with a small pink blush. Jolesa would have introduced herself normally, but she never liked to do that without looking her best. She looked around where she stood with the gentleman, but Aromatisse and the swablu were no longer in sight. "What am I to do?.." The pretty blonde held her own arms and looked down to her feet as the thought of losing Aromatisse made her want to cry.

When the duo got to the stables, Jay couldn't help but let out another light chuckle at the sight of Astrid's enthusiasm when seeing the pokemon there. As he followed her through to look at each one, he started to think about what she said before that he didn't quite understand. "Hey Astrid, what did you mean earlier about the kids stuff?" That's when he noticed the three headed bird pokemon that stole his attention.

"I'd say it's the most interesting pokemon I've seen thus far..." Jay said aloud as Astrid educated him about the bird. Froakie peeked over Jay's shoulder cautiously to look at the monstrous predator. He quickly ducked down and filled his throat with air to hold in a croak. Bird pokemon usually hunted frogs in the wild and Froakie hid instinctively to prepare to fight or flee. Jay noticed his Froakie's behavior and offered the pokeball for Froakie to safely retreat to. "So, will you enter along with me?" Jay asked as he spotted the sign up booth for the races. Racing as a team seemed a lot more fun to him. "I don't care much about winning. I'm only interested in enjoying a new experience." This was true as Jay preferred to compete with himself rather than with others.

"Yeppp.. I know." Robbin uttered to Bee when she reminded him who won. The subject was painful as he hated to lose. Her next declaration caused the boy's face to brighten as if anticipating something adventurous. He began an excited response at the news of the festival until she mentioned about his brother, and the boy's face froze in a forced smile instead. His eye began to twitch as he tried to think of what to say, "Jayyyy. Oh and As-prin? Yeah-yeah.. Fun people. But uhh, don't you want to challenge the gym already?" Robbin hadn't exactly caught his brother's friend's name since he was desperate to think of a good response. The boy began to think two steps ahead in case Bee couldn't wait to check out the festival. He was highly curious now of the festival himself and he maybe had an idea that would help him go unidentifiably.

Last edited:
"Astrid, actually..." Bee tilted her head at Robbin's sudden change in attitude. He had acted similarly before he challenged the Gym. What was the issue? "Well, about that. I think I will challenge the Gym, but I know for a fact that we're not ready to take on the Professor, yet. We need a bit more training. Same as you and your Pokémon." That was what the Professor had said, after Robbin's battle. And she knew that one battle wasn't all it would take for Treecko to stand a chance against that Spinda. She cleared her throat and tried to get the subject back on the festival. "Besides, it's a festival! These don't happen everyday! I mean, doesn't it sound like fun?" Alright, so she might have sounded a bit childish, but honestly, she was excited to see what would be there.

Astrid

Astrid seemed to have been so enthralled in her research that she totally missed Jay's question about what he mentioned about kids stuff. When it comes to research, her mind is always focused on her goals. After a while of research. She finally got back to Jay's latest question about signing up for riding. Astrid still hasn't decided what she wants to do. But she wasn't feeling like riding a Pokemon at the moment. "I think i'll pass. But thank you for the invite." Astrid said. "If you do participate, i'll cheer for you." She smiled as she liked the idea of Jay being himself and riding with a Pokemon.

Merlin

"It's okay." Merlin replied back. The young girl seemed to be feeling a little better, but she seems to be still sad. Merlin looked at the girl as she looked around for something. She looked down as if she's ready to start crying. Perhaps she lost something and was trying to look for it before tripping over him. "Did you lose something? Would you like me to help you out?" He offered his assistance to the girl as to be of any help with a charming smile that would make her feel better. He presented himself as a fine gentleman and would let the girl know that she can trust him with his words.

Last edited by a moderator:
~~~ After the Contest ~~~
[ Numera Town, Afternoon, Outside the Hall ]

The Swablu looked up at the aroma pokemon, nodding it's little stubbed head up and down, as though understanding. This was the complete opposite for Feebas, as Feebas was ready, and was willing to evolve during the contest because Clavies had gone over it. Maybe it was easier for her to understand because she could communicate with pokemon? Possibly. 'I know where you're coming from, really I do. But I don't think your trainer evolved you because she didn't believe in your abilities and the your cuteness... Hmm...' The swablu began pondering a little, as if to figure out what it wanted to say. Sadly, swablu could not comprehend either, and that led to an idea. 'Oh! I know! My trainer can understand us talking, so I'm sure she'll be able to answer for us; she is a trainer after all, and I can't seem to understand either. But I'm sure Jolesa still loves you, as her little spritzee.' The Swablu stayed optimistic, hopping up into the air to hover over the Aromatisse, as if to wait for her. Though, Swablu wouldn't be surprised if she didn't listen.

Meanwhile, Clavies was waiting outside for her Swablu to return. Although, she had just caught Swablu and hadn't gotten to know her better yet. However, she knew Swablu was well behaved and would return soon. "Ralts, we should wait for Swablu before challenging the gym; you know that she's just joined us after all." Clavies smiled to her little green and white pokemon, who just folded her arms and looked to the side. 'Fine..' It mumbled, perching over the girl's shoulder. Since the contest, the girl with the Pichu hasn't been saying anything to her, in fact, she was probably really upset and complaining and cursing; so be it. "I wonder where that Buneary is, I'd like to meet it." She giggled, and behind the tent, the rabbit pokemon kept staring at her and her ralts, as though hesitating to approach them.

'Come on! You can meet them! It's not like you have a trainer..' The rabbit began pondering to herself, and she really wanted to meet the girl. The nature wasn't timid, she was jolly, however, she was just shy around others, that was all. "Bun bun.." It began pondering, eventually finding enough courage to step toward the girl-- only to retreat again.

"Right- That's what I meant." Robbin denied to Bee when she corrected him about the name. "Training Schmaining." The boy mumbled with a roll of his eyes. He remembered losing to the derpy panda, but he was awfully impatient about getting the badge already. Bee's words sparked an idea within him and he spoke, "Ya-ok, we'll have a training battle at the festival then!" The younger boy gave Bee a persuasively large grin.

"See you there!" Robbin said promptly as he ran off toward the wardrobe room to change into dry clothes. Once inside, he quickly threw on his dry clothes and took off the shades. He looked at them for a moment, "Nah, not good enough." He dug through a crate of costume accessories tossing whatever wouldn't work behind him. "THE MASKKK!" Robbin exclaimed as he thought over where it could be. Then he remembered that he had taken it off outside of the PokeCenter when Treecko had reminded him of the Talent Show. The walk to the center would pass right in beside the festival and he couldn't risk being seen by Jay on the way.

"Drats!.." Robbin cursed beneath his breath. He always wanted to use the word since he had seen it used on tv, and it was somewhat satisfying. He looked on the rack of masks within the wardrobe room. Most of them were super girly and he decided that he wouldn't be caught dead in a single one. Suddenly Robbin snapped his fingers and he remembered something from his childhood. He then raced out of the Festival Hall with the silver sunglasses back on. On the edge of the Festival site, there was a homemade mask stand like every year. Robbin and Jay use to wear the masks every festival, because they were decorated with tribal designed pokemon. The boy looked around cautiously before slipping behind the stand to select two specific masks. "I'll just borrow these for a bit...." Robbin half whispered to himself as he took the ones he wanted.

"YOU THERE! Don't you move!" The stand owner spotted Robbin taking the masks as he came back from helping a customer. Like a flash, Robbin bolted underneath the front stand table and dashed away from the stand and into the crowd where he lost his chaser within the sea of people and pokemon. Once the coast was clear, and Jay was nowhere in sight, the purple haired kid miraculously spotted Bee and approached her.

"Oh hi, you made it-" Robbin said with a wide grin. "I got you a present!" As he announced this, he kept the surprises behind his back. When he revealed them, he held out his hand holding a tribal, blood orange Charizard mask with shiny scales that shined as if they were real and a beautifully shined, green Sceptile mask that was also tribal in design. Both were carefully handcrafted an only covered the upper part of the face. "Your's is the Sceptile one," Robbin explained as he looked at Treecko for his reasoning. He put the awesome looking Charizard mask on and waited for Bee to do the same with hers with an encouraging grin. "A festival tradition!" He added with a cute wink.

....​

Jay just shrugged his shoulders when Astrid was too busy to answer his first question. "Ok then, thanks." Jay stated when she declined to race, but offered to support him. He walked over to sign up in the adult race which was a lot more competitive, but mature regarding racing conduct. After writing down his name, Jay looked up to see that one of the men behind the Sign-up booth was no other than Miner Jude. Jay's eyes slightly widened in surprise, but then he felt relieved that the man wasn't missing. The miner rubbed his short grey beard and looked to have his attention on the crowd. He gave a rub through the side of his cotton white hair underneath the miner's helmet and didn't seem to care Jay was standing there. "Good evening Mr. Jude. My mother was wondering about you. You were suppose to meet with her?"

When Jay had spoken, the old miner looked to the blue haired young man with his stern, dark eyes and just stared without a word. Jude finally gave Jay a close mouthed grin with a slight nod, but that's all he did. "She found you and everything was sorted out, I assume?" Jay asked awkwardly, and miner Jude responded with the same slow nod and smile. "Alright... well, nice seeing you." Jay walked away with a strange feeling in his gut as he reunited with Astrid. The sun was now nearing the horizon and Jay needed to hurry and stand in the line.

"I found Jude. He's... here at the racing booth. He didn't seem like himself, though. I felt like a stranger to him." Jay informed the red head as he found it unusual that Jude hadn't given him a warm greeting since he was a friend of the family. "I better stand in line. It looks like they're starting..." He walked toward the line of people, but then turned around as he remembered something he held, "Do you mind watching over the egg while I race?" There was an area to the side of the racing lanes where family and friends could stand and cheer on for support.

Jay was instructed to lead out the Dodrio onto the lane just like the other racers did with their pokemon. The stalky bird was now awake and Jay led the him out carefully with the reigns. One of the Dodrio's heads appeared to be grumpy from waking up while the second looked chipper about racing. The third head seemed low in spirit, yet attempted a smile at the idea of running again. Jay rubbed the side of the sad head's face and Jay chuckled when the Dodrio closed all of it's eyes in pleasure. The other racers were climbing onto the pokemon, so Jay knew he should do the same.

While the riders mounted their pokemon, the host walked out from behind the booth and seemed to size up the amount of onlookers. There were very few, so it seemed that most of the racers family were in another town. The host then turned to the racers and held up the flag to initiate the race. Jay raised a wave to Astrid as he finally made it ontop of the firm backed Dodrio. It felt just as he imagined sitting up high on Dodrio's back and he closed his eyes to breathe in the warm air deeply as the sun was now setting. He then looked down the lanes to see that there were seven other riders.

"BEGIN!" The host shouted as he dropped the flag and they were off!

A figure stepped up beside Astrid and then proceeded to walk closer to the edge of the lanes to enjoy the view of the race. The boy with silver colored hair gave an excited smile as he watched the pokemon and their riders race off into the beautiful evening sky toward the Epica hills. From where they stood, the onlookers would only be able to see the beginning and end of the race. When the boy turned his head to look at something that had grabbed the attention of his pale green eyes, it was clear that he was the missing boy from the poster.

....​

"I'd be ever so grateful... but I don't know if you can." Jolesa replied to the gentleman with sad, yet appreciative eyes. "See, my Aromatisse left me. I think she hates me, and I don't know why or where she is." Jolesa began to whimper, but tried her best not to cry like a baby. The blonde looked up to the black haired man after a minute and asked him, "Are you a pokemon trainer?.."

~~~
"All master loves is putting on a SHOW!-a big show!" Aromatisse assumed loudly toward the Swablu and became angry. "Butt out now, before I get too mad!-real MAD." The larger bird threatened. Aro! Aro! She turned to leave and turned her eye to warn Swablu if she dared to follow. The fairy then hovered off to deal with her mixed emotions.

Last edited:
Since there really wasn't much to do, Clavies stretched up and hopped over somewhere to train. She barely went to festivals, even thought they would be fun, she chose to sit those out really. "Alright! Lets train!" She chimed, her remaining pokemon pumping their fists into the air (Milotic used her tail). Clavies thought for a moment, and then tilted her head. Ralts looked up, and then here comes another scolding...

'You say we're gonna train, and you got nothing, do you?' The ralts asked, and Clavies acted as though Ralts hit the bulls eye. "Ehehe... How'd you know?" Clavies rubbed the back of her head, and then MIlotic and Litwick decided to join in. 'It's written all over you'. Clavies' face flushed red, and then she started pouting. "W-Well... It's not my fault I'm so easy to read..." She looked to the side, looking over at the festival. ".. You guys want to go watch the festival then?" She asked, and the pokemon nodded, all together now. She could probably ask to battle someone as well sometime soon, but she should relax for today.

"Alright! Lets go!" Clavies returned all her pokemon into their poke balls, running over to the festival. She was walking around for a while, and found a stand with masks as well. The one that caught her eye was the Gardevoir one, so she picked that one out. "Thank you!" She chimed, paying the money and walking away with it. She seemed to like the mask, and her ralts came out, looking at the mask as well. Clavies giggled, and put the mask in front of Ralts. "Gasp Ralts, you've evolved~" She giggled, sarcastically. Ralts began acting tough, only to fall off her shoulder and Clavies ended up catching the little pokemon. "Careful now!" She giggled, putting the mask back on.

~~~

Really now, this didn't seem to be working. The swablu thought for a moment, and as much as it didn't want to, it followed the Aromatisse anyways. Didn't seem to know how to get off the fairy type pokemon. 'Well, you're not gonna solve anything staying mad like that; What are you gonna do after being mad, huh?'

"Oh- Ok, yeah. Sure, that works!" It was better than rushing off to the Gym again, anyway. Bee nodded and grinned, glad that Robbin had had a change of heart. "I'll meet you outside." She was kind of hoping to take a look at some of the booths while Robbin changed. "See you there. Come on, Treecko." She motioned for Treecko to follow her as best as she could while she held Slakoth in her arms, and they left the Contest Hall.

Bee absolutely loved the activity that filled the festival. There was so much energy that filled the air. She slowly moved from stall to stall, looking at all the trinkets and merchandise that could be bought. As much as she wanted to buy a few things she saw, she reminded herself that she was saving her money and moved on. Every now and then she'd check to make sure Treecko was still by her side, which he always was, fortunately.

Robbin eventually found her, but he came out of nowhere, and surprised her. "Oh, hey. I didn't see you there." The older trainer responded after she spun around and saw it was just the young trainer."Oh, really. What is it?" She let out a delighted gasp when she saw the masks. "Wow! These look awesome!" Bee shifted Slakoth to her right arm and took the Sceptile mask with her free hand. Then she put on the mask, and looked to Treecko. "Look, Treecko, we match~" Treecko looked like he was amused by the mask. Treecko! She was grinning from ear to ear when she looked back to Robbin, who was now wearing his Charizard mask. "Thanks!"

"So, are you ready to go to the battle pit? Or if you want, we can get some food or something first. I'll pay, since you got these masks." Bee asked. It was only fair, after all, the way she saw it. Even if she was saving her money, it wouldn't hurt to buy something for Robbin, especially since she'd feel bad if she didn't.

Astrid

Astrid watched as Jay went over to sign up for the race. She looked over to Dodrio and looked at it napping. Whatever you do, if Jay chooses you for the race. Take care of him. She wanted to want Dodrio to be careful as she has a ominous feeling for this race. She looked down at her notes on Dodrio and looked back at the three headed ostrich. She wanted to look at it more. Then Jay returned before she could look at it more.

"Oh hey Jay!" Astrid waved. "You all signed up." She continued before hearing the news about Jude. "Ah! See? I told you we might find him sooner or later." Astrid smiled with her eyes closed. But the news about him not being so responsive kinda worried her a bit. "Maybe he was trying to focus on the race so that's why he wasn't being too responsive." I hope. She theorized. After bit. Astrid watched as the racers started to get in line. Astrid looked back at Jay as he handed her to egg to take care of. "Of course!" She happily accepted holding on to Jay's egg while he raced. She gently grabbed the egg container as Jay started to leave. Astrid gave out one last yell to Jay.

"Good luck Jay. And be careful out there." She gave a worried face as Jay left to get ready for the race. She left the stable to go watch the the race start. Astrid took out her Pokeball, while keeping a close tight hold of Jay's egg and released Eevee from the Pokeball. "Eevee!" (Hello Astrid!) The Fox Pokemon greeted Astrid. Eevee was in full health and was ready to do stuff. "Teehee. Good to see you up and ready." She petted Eevee on the head with her free hand, which Eevee enjoyed. Just then a man approached Astrid and Eevee, he seemed like a old eldery man who seemed to be full of energy.

"Good evening miss." The elder man said to Astrid. Astrid looked back at the man who seemed to have a wide smile and a joyful personality.

"Oh hey." Astrid responded. Eevee stood there staring at the man, wondering what he is doing.

"I see you have a strong bond with your Eevee I see." The man laughed. "How would you like to participate in a festival tournament where new trainers and their Pokemon fight together and challenge others to see who has the better bond." The man said with a honest and kind soul. Astrid wasn't too sure about the festival, she doesn't want to fight just for glory and she would only fight when necessary but it was one of her assignments from Professor Atlas to learn how to fight.

"I"m not too sure." Astrid responded. But then Eevee jumped up and gave a cry to Astrid.

"Eevee! Eev vee vee Eev! (Hey! This is our chance to be a fighting team. Let's go and show them who's boss)" The Pokemon was interested in getting in there and showing the world that Astrid was the Fox's trusty partner.

"Eevee..." Astrid saw the fighting spirit in Eevee. A gentle Pokemon with a will to fight. It's a weird combination, but it seems like Astrid got stuck with a Pokemon that is willing to fight with a kind hearted spirit. The man looked at Eevee and laughed.

"Seems like your Eevee is eager to get at it." The man looked back to Astrid, waiting for her answer.

"Alright. I'll give it a go. Me and Eevee are going to rock!" Astrid gave a fist pump in the air as she was ready to fight alongside Eevee.

"Great!" The man was astonished to see someone change their minds so quickly. He pulled out a sign up sheet from his backpack and held it out to Astrid. There was already someone who signed up before Astrid, but she didn't notice who it was. Astrid signed up on the second row of table with her one hand while holding up to the egg tightly on the other and gave it back to the man. "Thanks so much. I'm just one of a few people who are going out looking for people to sign up, so they're be more than the amount that's on the list. The tournament starts sundown, so it'll be starting soon. See you then." The man tipped his hat and left. Astrid looked up to the sky and thought about one thing on her mind I wonder how Jay is going to feel that I signed up for a tournament for fighting other Pokemon. She wondered as She decided to stay a bit longer to see her friend start the race before going to the tournament.

Just then a boy appeared beside Astrid. She noticed this and looked at him. He seems familiar, but putting quite put her fingers on it. She was about to turn her head back to the race before the boy quickly turned around to look at something. Astrid saw his face and immediately realized that this was the man on the missing poster. Astrid become shocked that he suddenly appeared out of the blue and no one seems to notice him. Astrid decided to try to make a friend out of him, but she hasn't realized...He was deaf.

"Hey how are you doing?" She asked. The boy didn't respond at all. Astrid felt like she was being ignored, but maybe she wasn't clear enough. She tried again. "You here to watch someone race?" She was more clear and loud in her latest question, still the boy didn't respond. Astrid was feeling like something was wrong. "I heard you went missing, but here you are. What a surprise." She tried to joke around with him, still, he didn't even react to anything. Astrid felt like she was talking to herself. Ok, thanks for that awkward discussion. She sighed.

Just then, the announced started the race and the racers were off, including Jay on a Dodrio. "You got this Jay!" She yelled, cheering for her friend on this race. She still had that funny feeling about this race. She also noticed Jude was in the race too, with what Jay told her about Jude, she wasn't too sure about him.

Merlin

"Something like that." Merlin responded back. "I came here to start my journey in Epica in order to find my true calling in this world. I came from Kalos, which is quite far from where Epica is. There was this private school were people would go and learn more about Pokemon. I learned how to teach Pokemon moves and learned how to respond to Pokemon. Both in which my parents were good at." The man looked around in the fields, hoping that the Pokemon she was looking for would appear as he was telling the story. "Now with the lessons I have learned in school and with my parents, I want to go out and try to help Pokemon out with whatever they would need." The man finished as he took a deep sigh. "Sorry about the long answer my lady. Shall we go and find your Aromatisse?" Merlin asked. But before she could answer, he added one more thing, one that would help him learn more about the situation, and with the dress she was wearing, it might've been for the contest she was recently in. "But before you answer, I have a question of my own." Merlin charmingly asked. "You came from the contst hall am I correct? Perhaps if I learned what happened there, maybe I can get a better picture of what happened between the two of you."

A Useful Thief

Blends of fuchsia and fiery crimson radiated upon the historic town of Numera as the sun began to retire. Hoots and snickers filled the air by the amused townspeople who relished in the town's Farewell Festival. Resting upon the shingles of the Pokemon Center's rooftop, a mauve feline with cream colored markings overlooked the festival site. With narrowing emerald eyes, the devious Purrloin zeroed in on the closest Sushi stand within it's field of vision.

"Purrrloin," the purple cat burbled with a lick of it's furry lips before leaping down into the grass and pursuing it's desired treats. The fresh, savory smell of Finneon sushi rolls made Purrloin's nose quiver in delight as he lifted his lightweight body onto the Sushi stand effortlessly. Immediately, the sneaky kitty let out a deceptive trill that drew the attention of the chef who finished preparing a batch of Kingler rolls. Upon interaction, Purrloin nuzzled against the Sushi chef with an ear tickling purr. After a heartfelt laugh, the female chef offered two free rice balls for the dark cat to snack upon. The Purrloin did so, but was far from satisfied. He gave a seemingly thankful trill and then was shooed away, so that the chef could continue her business.

"You got it! Glad you like em." Robbin replied to Bee. The messy haired youngling was ecstatic to know that his grean headed partner had agreed upon battling. "To the BATTLE PIT!" Just as he exclaimed this, the boy's tummy growled like an alpha Mightyena daring an aggressor to oppose him. "-After food..." Robbin decided as he nearly buckled over from the intensity of his hunger pangs. The hungry kid looked around for some grub and noticed a cat the color of his hair swiping a bag of ice blue macarons on the top shelf of a nearby food stand. Below, the seller was completely oblivious as he put together a basket of newly baked vanilla macarons. The thieving feline ate it's fill in the delicacies on display above and then proceeded to leave.

"That dirty thief..." Robbin thought aloud as he watched the Purrloin slip away unnoticed. At the same time, the hypocritical kid admired how easily the cat had retrieved the goods without raising any alarm. He witnessed the Purrloin dash toward the Pokemon Center where it hid behind to enjoy it's stolen desserts - including a plastic container of Finneon sushi, which the stealthy Purrloin managed to swipe earlier from the Sushi stand, after the chef had went back to work.

I could use him for future... borrowings. Robbin imagined inside his head, and then turned to look at Bee. "I'd eat a Miltank right now!.. Or a Tauros even." The kid expressed how hungry he was before noticing who he guessed was Clavies in a Gardevoir mask. "Aye look, I think that's Raltsy." Igglybuff finally awoke from her slumber and slipped out of Robbin's grip to bounce excitedly at the sight of the colorful festival.

Clash of the Bird Brains

"Thanksss!" The shout toward Astrid was forced out of Jay by the sudden jerk of Dodrio's bursting run at the drop of the flag. Jay was unintentionally in the lead, and the speed at which Dodrio was going felt exhilarating. With his silvery blue hair dancing in the wind, Jay held on tight to the birds fuzzy feathers and base of it's dark slender neck to ensure that he wouldn't be thrown off. A few minutes had passed and they had already made it to the outskirts of a forest. In Jay's peripheral, a Manectric sped it's way in league with Dodrio which caused one of the heads of the ostrich-like pokemon to hiss. The older blonde haired rider gave Jay a competitive smirk before he and Manectric left them in the dust. Jay just easily ignored the boy's action, but Dodrio was getting pissed.

DODD! An impatient bellow escaped from the angry head of the Dodrio toward the third head which was wallowing in disappointment. The middle head kept a determined and optimistic look upon it's face as their speed picked up. Jay could sense that the first head's agitation was just going to escalate if they didn't catch up to the Manectric, but they were going too fast for him to do much. Many seconds passed and the Manectric that had out ran them was nowhere in sight. This caused the first head to peck at the third head as if he wasn't contributing enough will power or something. Driooo! The sad head bellowed in an upset tone, but the first head just came back for another peck with an irritated squawk. "Please calm down," Jay tried to say, but the wind drowned his voice out.

The altercation between the two bird heads continued and the optimistic second head was literally stuck in the middle of it. Trying to break up the fight, the middle head was now becoming distracted as well and Jay knew they could end up in a crash. He quickly looked down to see if there was a safe place to jump, but he could only see hard ground. Jay's heart began to pound against his ribcage as he tried to think of what to do. At the pace they were going, he knew he could very easily break a leg or an arm if he let go. Jay attempted a breath of relief at the sight of Manectric, but air was rushing too fast into his lungs to even breathe well. The Manectric slowed down to Dodrio's pace and then burst into full speed to take the lead again as to toy with the frustrated bird.With a shake of his head, Jay stayed calm as aggravation threatened to bother his mind. Any other time the blue haired teen could skillfully control his negative emotions, but it was becoming difficult now under stress.

DODRI! The middle head of the Dodrio had been mishit by one of the other heads' sharp pecks and now it was lashing at them both. "Woahh!" Jay ordered for them to stop, but the fight was now far too out of hand. As a result of the ruckus, Dodrio's run began to slow and the other racers were gaining on them. Several racers and their pokemon began to pass Jay and his racing bird was beginning to shift off course. Jay's teal eyes widened in fear as they were coming up fast to a thicket. Before he could shout another order, the Dodrio crashed straight into the thicket which caused several limbs to whip painfully all over Jay's body. The blue haired teen shot straight out into the open when Dodrio slammed down, and he landed with a injurious slide into a mud puddle.

Jay spit the mud from his mouth and tried to breathe with a hoarse gasp. When he found the strength to lift himself up enough, he turned his head back to see Dodrio had fainted, trapped in the thicket. The injured teen drug himself over to see if Dodrio was still alive before barely able to get on his feet. He held his side with a muddy hand and limped over to look through the thicket where the racing lanes were faintly visible in the distance. The Pokegear around his necklace was crushed to pieces and he couldn't call for help. Jay remembered that he almost reached the curve of the race, so he decided to use the adrenaline he had to make it there and hopefully catch the slower racers as they passed.

He almost made it to the edge of the racing lane when one of his knees buckled under weakly and he was forced to stumble for a moment. When he looked up on one knee, Jay could see two riders on a Rhyhorn and a Stantler. A third rider on a ponyta was beginning to pass them. Jay was going to cry out for help until a large slab of earth crashed into the ground ahead in front of the racers. Five more high, earth slabs crashed around them and Jay could no longer see the trapped racers inside. The screams of confusion and distress could be heard and Jay tried to get up to help, but as soon as he did he felt light headed. Something was wrong... very wrong and Jay couldn't get ahold of himself to figure out what was happening. He turned to stumble away in case of danger and rolled down the steep ditch that concealed his presence. Jay winced and tried to open his eyes, but all he could see was his vision beginning to fade.

Last edited:
A new challenger arrives!
Lian's first gym battle!

250px-298Azurill.png

Lian stood at her end of the gym, across from the Gym Leader, the Prof., with a small smirk. "Azurill. You ready?"

The baby Pokemon bounced in excitement, its eyes were on the Spinda before they shifted. The innocent Pokemon took on a hidden edge, it's posture a little more aggressive. It wanted to battle, it wanted to prove its dominance to the human that dared to catch it. But it also held a sort of begrudging respect for the human's willingness to protect her Pokemon.

"Here we go, Azurill. Use Bubble." Lian said calmly with her hands in her pockets. The blue baby Pokemon dashed forward, using its tail to propel itself into the air before it shot off the attack at the Spinda.

"Alright, food then the Battle Pit!" The air was buzzing with energy, and it seemed to be rubbing off on Bee, who bounced on the balls of her feet slightly, her eyes bright. While she hadn't initially thought of battling at the festival as ideal, she was a bit excited for it now. Treecko appeared to be thrilled by the festival as well, gazing every which way animatedly, and Slakoth was awake for the time being, though he looked around rather disinterestedly. "So, what sounds good?" She looked around a little, looking at all the stands where food was being sold. The older trainer could definitely go for some food, too. Unlike Robbin, however, she didn't catch the Purrloin swiping the macarons.

Bee was so caught up in the festival that she didn't catch what Robbin said. "I'm sorry; did you say something?" She asked over her shoulder. The purple-haired kid then mentioned how hungry he was. Oh, okay. Bee chuckled. "Same. I think I saw a place that sold sushi somewhere..." She mentioned before her attention was directed towards Clavies. "Raltsy? Oh..." She looked closely at the girl and took a guess at who he was talking about . "Clavies? I think so. It looks like her, at least." Besides, how many people had a Ralts? "I'm going to go congratulate her really quick." She told Robbin before making her way over to the girl, Treecko following right behind. "Hey, Clavies? It's me, Bee." She pulled up her Sceptile mask to show her face for a moment. "Great job at the Contest. You really deserve that ribbon!" Bee smiled. "Milotic was amazing."

Swablu! Time to come back!

Clavies looked around for a while, and it looked like there were a few people signing up for some sort of tournament. The thought of being able to train with people at her level, which was fairly weak, was appealing to her; she'd be able to practice, even if she couldn't win. Clavies then ran over to the crowd, holding her arm up to a man who was managing the entries. "Hello! I wanna sign up!" She chimed, although, she quickly shied away from others, before too much attention could be drawn to her. She quickly filled it out, returning it to the man, and walking off to find Swablu.

The female began shouting out for her Swablu, hoping that the little cotton pokemon to return to her. "Hey, Swablu? Where are you?" She started shouting out, walking around the festival. Her Ralts helped her out, even though Ralt's voice was as loud as a whismer. She folded her arms, looking up at the clouds and counting how many were there. "Lets see... One huge swablu, two huge swablu, three huge swablu.. Four tiny swa-- Wait what?" The girl looked more carefully at the small crowd of the blue, cotton bird pokemon, and then let out a soft sigh of relief. "Hey Swablu! Down here!" She was yelling up, and the little bird pokemon flew back down to her. The Swablu perched on her head, curling into a ball and sleeping on the girl's head. Her ears perked up a little bit, looking in the direction of Bee and Robin. They seemed to have a Charizard and a Sceptile mask, and she giggled as she took off the gardevoir mask. "Ah, hello!" She chimed, as Ralts and Swablu both raised their hand/wing up to greet as well.

"Ahaha... Thank you! But really, it was Milotic that earned it!" She giggled, looking up at Bee and Robin who seemed to be behind her. The buneary approached Clavies, hopping onto her shoulder, as her body was now inhibited by a rabbit, a ralts, and a bird. Great combination. 'Bun! Buneary!' it chimed, waving to Bee. The Buneary wasn't Clavies' pokemon, though she would catch it eventually; just not yet.

"Speaking of... I heard there was a tournament! I've already signed up, since it's good training for my other pokemon! They'll feel left out if Milotic got all the attention.." Clavies looked to the side for a moment, and at Milotic's pokeball. She hoped that Milotic wouldn't give her too many difficulties.. But Milotic would probably have the need to stand out. She let out a sigh. Since she was raised in a day care centre, she knew how troublesome evolved pokemon could be; they were usually sent to the daycare after their trainers gave up on trying to calm it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alvin

Chapter 3: A Festival Commotion!

Alvin was awakened by the feeling of a pitter-patter on his chest. Groggily, he said "Just five more minutes mom." and went back to sleep, putting his cap in front of his face. The thing on his chest started playfully pecking his side to get him to wake up. The kid woke up with a start "Owowowow!" and looked down, to see that it was the Torchic pecking him to wake up. Full of energy, Torchic ran around in a circle, clearly ready to do something with the rest of the day. Alvin was angry at first, but then calmed down and smiled, saying "Heh, all that running and you're still ready for action. All right, let's get over to the gym and see if they're open yet." Torchic happily cheeped, then the three Pokemon and their trainer started making their way back to Numera Town.

It took quite a while for Alvin to find his way back to civilization. Thankfully, his Pokenav had a map in it, but it currently showed him far removed from any of the normal routes to get from city to city. He had to treck through some mountainous terrain, move through a river or two, until finally he came to the outskirts to the city. The kid was pretty worn out by that point, but was grateful that soon they would be back in the town. As he arrived, he could tell that there was a commotion going on in the city; apparently a festival was in full swing in the town! Alvin laughed and said "Well why didn't anybody tell me there was gonna be a carnival in town today. Come on guys, let's have some fun!" The Pokemon cried happily, and started running along to the carnival, staying close to Alvin.

Soon enough though, Alvin had the familiar feeling of hunger come over him. While he spent most of his nest egg on supplies for the journey, he had at least enough to buy himself a hot dog and some poffins for his Pokemon. He sat down near his Pokemon in the bench at the main square of town. "Eat up you guys, soon, we'll be tackling that gym, and you guys need to be well prepared for the tasks ahead" he said to his Pokemon. Before he even finished saying that though, the Pokemon had already rushed to their specific bowls and started chowing down. Except for Chatot, who was busy feeding on both his portion and Torchic's portion, which infuriated Torchic to no end. Torchic was about to launch Embers at the Chatot, when Alvin noticed the commotion and said "Chatot, stop that! I only have enough for the three of you there. If you eat Torchic's portion, then he gets your portion next meal time. Them's the rules around here." Torchic looked at the boy confused, but Chatot seemed to understand, and let Torchic have the food, plus some extra. It seemed Chatot was simply messing with Torchic, and had only taken a few bites. Torchic seemed bummed out, but decided to let it go for now and started eating.

As the four were chowing down, an old man approached them. He seemed like a nice old man, and full of energy despite his age. "Good evening boy." he said. Alvin said "Uh...what's up?" in response, not quite knowing why the man was approaching him. As if to answer Alvin's next question, the man continued "I see you have a good bond with your Pokemon. How would you like to participate in a festival tournament where new trainers and their Pokemon fight together and challenge others to see who has the better bond." Alvin thought for a moment. He was wanting to challenge the gym before it closed, and he did not know whether his Pokemon would have the stamina to challenge it after the tournament. But at the same time, some experience battling would be a good idea before challenging the gym and getting flummoxed by the leader's Pokemon. He said "Sure, I'll go for that! Anyone particularly good signed up yet?" The old man handed him the signup sheet, and as Alvin was signing, the man said "We've had a few signups so far, all I know is the girl from the lab signed up." Alvin handed the sheet back to the man, and said "Lab? I met a bunch of people from the lab earlier today, do you know where she is now?" Accepting the sheet, the man said "Sure, I saw her just a couple of minutes ago in that direction. Thank you for your interest in this tournament by the way. We will be starting at sundown, so don't be late!" Smiling, Alvin said "Sure thing!"

Alvin headed in the direction the man suggested, and before long he found Astrid. Walking over to her, he was about to greet her, when he suddenly realized he did not remember her name. The face looked familiar, but he could not put a face to it. With some hesitation, he stammered "Hello...Asta---Astra---Anna?" Torchic looked at Alvin, with a look that seemed to say ("Are you serious? You just met her today and you already forgot her name?") Defiantly, Alvin told the Torchic "No, of course I didn't forget her name silly! Anastasia how are you doing?"

Torchic face faulted onto the floor at that statement.

The racers were off! Astrid watched as Jay and Dodrio flew through the wind and out of sight. Astrid wanted to stay until the racers returned and try to congratulate Jay for racing well, but with the tournament starting soon, she didn't think she would be able to stay til the end. Astrid looked at Eevee and gave the Pokemon a smile. "You ready to go?" Astrid said to Eevee.

"Eevee!" (Of course) The fox responded back with a joyful smile on its face. Astrid took out a piece of paper and wrote a note for Jay.

To Jay
Sorry i couldn't stay to watch you finish the race. Eevee wanted to participate in a tournament so that Eevee can get some battling out of the way. I'll be at the Battle Pit once you return from the races. See ya soon. :)

Astrid

Astrid looked around for one of the staff members and handed it to him, saying "Hey, can you give this to a man with silver hair? his name is Jay." The man agreed to her request and took the note for when Jay would return. She started to leave before looking at the white hair kid. She wanted to make sure she had proof that she had found the missing person, she took out her Pokegear and took a picture of the boy before leaving. The picture was clear and well focused, allowing anyone to know who he is.

On her way to the Battle Pit, she had some worried thoughts come up to her, about Jay getting in an accident, or her not succeeding in battle. She pondered as Eevee watched her worry herself to death. I wonder if i'll do well in the tournament. I'm sure Jay would understand, he might be mad, but I suppose I need to live for myself sometimes, even if it's something i'm not fully excited for. Astrid closed her eyes, the Battle Pit was in sight and she could be there in about twenty seconds. However, someone approached Astrid. It was a young teenager and his Torchic. He was about to say something, but hesitated before trying to talk to her. Astrid looked at the man in a blank stare as he tried to make a conversation. It seems he was trying to remember her name, but epically failed at it, his attempts were so ecstatic that it made Astrid chuckle out of her worried state.

"Teehee. I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking." She seemed more approachable now that the boy helped her regained her usual self. "It's not often I have people try to figure out my name in the beginning of a conversation. It made my day feel a bit better." She scratched her head in amazement. "How can the great Astrid help you?" She smiled. giving him her name without him having to ask it in a question. Although she did like Anastasia, it may be a name she could use as a alias for when it is needed.

Eevee approached the Torchic, which was on the floor, faceflooring after Alvin's funny attempt at remembering Astrid's name, which he should have known according to the chicken. "Eevee. Eevee Eeeeve?" (Hey there. How are you doing?) Eevee gleefully said to Torchic as it was just on the floor, questioning his trainer's mentality.

Yahhh! Cheers pierced the festive air from the onlooking trainers near the active Battle Pit. A short, humanoid, fighting pokemon spun upon the ground like a break dancer as it slung it's feet toward a tan and golden star within the pit. The center jeweled star swirled to the left to avoid the Tyrogue's double kick before spraying a high pressured stream of water from the tip of it's top point. After evading the Water gun attack, the skilled Tyrogue maintained it's momentum from it's dance and sent two more kicks Staryu's way. The impact of the attack caused the living star to smash into the pit's dirt wall. Ty! A taunt was given toward the star pokemon by the humanoid fighter as the battle proceeded. Rogue? Tyrogue glanced from side to side with a confused expression as his body began to raise from the ground, enveloped in a light blue aura. The puzzled fighting type was forced into the mud by the Staryu's super effective Psychic. As the muddied Tyrogue arose, the furious Staryu swirled at him from both sides with a Tackle attack- Commands of the battling trainers faded into the background as the scene could easily be witnessed by a red head with her Eevee and a boy with his fire chick who conversed. They're own pokemon would soon take the spotlight in their own battles as the former one ended.
"Ew. Screw the fishy rolls-" Bee's purple haired companion half gagged at the thought of fish. "There's normally a pizza vendor by the pit!" Robbin announced as he walked alongside Bee and their pokemon. His mini, pink munchkin bounced ahead of them, taking in all the wonderous sights with eager anticipation. "The delicious, blue cheese made from fresh Arbok venom. Mm." He thought about the gooey Arbok pizza with his roaring tummy. Luckily, there were other types of pizza for Bee to try as well if she didn't find Robbin's unusual taste in food appealing. "You do that. I'll just be over here for a second-" He said when Bee told him that she wanted to congratulate Clavies. The boy wandered off toward the Pokemon Center where he peeked behind the corner to see the Purrloin from before chowing down on the Finneon sushi. Robbin creeped toward the thieving feline and readied his arms for a quick grab. As he lunged for the mauve cat, Robbin smacked the ground chin first with empty arms.

"Crud." Robbin winced and looked up to see the Purrloin watching him with one emerald eye while licking it's paw clean. The carefree cat purred in satisfaction as he licked up the remains of his yummy meal. "Look here, Cat. We can be partners." He eased his way ever so obviously toward the purple cat and tried to reason with whiskered creature. "I like borrowing-You like borrow...ing, so we can make a deal-" As the boy was going to pounce, Purrloin ran straight for him and sprung up to jump off the top of Robbin's head. When the purple haired kid turned around, the cat had disappeared into the crowd with a playful smirk. "Bah- I don't need the lousy fur ball anyway..." Robbin mumbled, kicking at the nearest pebble and missing.

"Tournament?" Robbin had walked up behind Bee after Clavies was talking about Milotic. He didn't chime in until he heard the thing that interested him. This tournament Raltsy spoke of. He then thought of Igglybuff and Chespin's battling skills and felt unsure. He'd lost enough today, and he'd probably stab himself in the neck if he suffered another humiliating loss. At the same time, it still sounded insanely fun. If only my pokemon sucked less at battles. The cold thought snuck inside of his head, but he must have believed that it was somewhat true. Yet, he was ignoring the fact of his own inexperience at battling and how vital it was in determining how good his pokemon performed.

Robbin remembered how close he was at having a Charmander... It was practically in his hand at the lab when he first arrived here. He thought about the Charizard mask he wore and then looked to Igglybuff. She greeted all of Clavies pokemon happily and then rolled beneath Bee's feet with an eye blinding smile. Far from a Charmander. Robbin thought again, as he tried to picture an Igglybuff-Charizard hybrid. "Sounds... cool." Robbin finally said to Clavies.

The purple haired kid was hoping to just have a training battle with Bee, so that winning or losing wasn't exactly a factor. Robbin began to feel conflicted about what he'd decide for the tournament, but then forgot about it at the thought of pizza. "Pizza...." Robbin began to slightly drool as he spied the pizza stand in the distance. He seemed to become in a slight trance as his body led him away from the group and toward the smell of his desire. Pizza was served right beside the Battle Pit and there were benches outside the stand where trainers could sit to enjoy their food while overlooking the battles. Robbin eyed a large, freshly baked, Arbok pizza and spoke to the vendor, "I'll take FIVE!" He was so hungry, he forgot he had not a single Pokepenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.