Pokemon Diversity Reloaded

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, really? I kind of like sushi. But alright, pizza works!" Bee grimaced at his choice of pizza. It certainly wasn't something she'd be trying any time soon.

Clavies seemed to be in a delightful mood. Bee gave a small wave to her and her Pokemon. "Yeah, Milotic really did do amazing." She said, smiling as she thought back to the show. "It was great to watch." She giggled as yet another Pokémon, one that she didn't really recognize, hopped onto Clavies's shoulder. Buneary, huh? "Oh, I don't think I've seen this one yet. Your Pokémon are so cute!" She didn't realize that the Buneary wasn't actually Clavies's; she just assumed that it was in a Pokeball before or something. Treecko looked at all of Clavies's Pokémon on her shoulder, then jumped up and climbed onto Bee's shoulder, so he would be closer to eye level with all the other Pokémon.

At Clavies's mention of the tournament, Robbin suddenly jumped into the conversation, startling Bee, who hadn't seen or heard him coming. "Oh, hey Robbin!" She turned back to Clavies and nodded. "Yeah, I think it'll be good for your Pokémon." This tournament sounded fun, but it seemed like something she and Treecko wouldn't be ready for just yet. He needed some more training, so she could figure out what worked for him in a battle and what didn't. But then again, she was always up for a challenge...

Bee zoned out for a moment in thought, so she didn't notice when Robbin wandered off to the pizza stand. Treecko tapped her on the head a few times, with each tap getting progressively harder, to get her attention. "Hm?" She looked at Treecko, who then pointed in Robbin's direction. "What are you- Oh." How did I not notice...? She returned her gaze to Clavies. "Uh... So Robbin and I were planning on getting some pizza then having a practice battle or two. I don't know when the tournament is, but if you want to join us you can." Bee didn't see any harm in inviting Clavies to join them in pizza, and it made her feel so much better to do so than to leave her so soon after starting a conversation. "I'm buying, so I should probably head over there."

She quickly walked over to the pizza stand, trying to be careful of the people walking by and making their ways to various events and booths and such. Once there, she gave a quick small wave to the pizza vendor. "Ah- Hi. I'm with him." She said, smiling and shifting Slakoth over to her left arm so she could slip her backpack off her shoulder and pull the wallet with the money she had saved out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You guys are getting something to eat?" Clavies couldn't help but to listen in, as rude as that have may have been. She didn't seem to mind about the fact that there was pizza; she didn't have too much of a preference on food really, as long as it wasn't far too spicy and it was edible, and didn't taste like a trubbish. Clavies was, in fact, really in a great mood as she had won the contest, so it was pretty much a natural reaction after her achievement. She could finally participate in the other contests too!

She heard Bee's comment, and she smiled slightly more brightly. "Yup!" She agreed, trying not to sound as though she were bragging. She was pretty self conscious about these things, after all. It wasn't until a few moments later, where Bee had mentioned her pokemon, where she noticed the Buneary making a home out of the girl's shoulder. "Oh, Buneary isn't my pokemon.. I found her at the back stage, and I gave her some food. What are you doing here?" Clavies asked the rabbit, and the rabbit began talking in it's pokemon language, whilst Clavies just started to nod, appearing to understand it. "I see, I see." In all truth, Clavies wasn't paying too much attention, and Ralts could tell... Thus did a face palm on itself. For now, Clavies just let it perch over her shoulder with Ralts on the other. "... I forgot to register the Cherrim in my pokedex!" Clavies froze up for a moment, going into a temporary state of shame for forgetting. Ralts let out a sigh, as Buneary appeared worried. Ralts however, just smacked her a few times in the head, cheering her up. 'Come on, you can still get the Bunny.' It said, and then Clavies had remembered. "Right! Thanks!" Clavies quickly recovered, pulling out her own pokedex in order to put Buneary in there.

Buneary... Normal Type... Rabbit Pokemon.
Female
Its ears are always rolled up. They can be forcefully extended to shatter even a large boulder. When it senses danger, it perks up its ears and on cold nights, it sleeps with its head tucked into its fur.
Ability... ???
Moves... ???

Regestration Complete...

"Wow! You're such a cutie~" Clavies smiled bright, beginning to pet the cute little thing. It would bound to help her in contests someday, but she wouldn't catch it if it were unwilling to let her. Clavies then placed her Pokedex right back into her bag, pulling her attention back to Bee. Pizza and a practice battle, what could be better? "Alright, I'll join! Do you want to come too, Buneary?" Clavies smiled at the idea, and her stomach rumbled a little bit, that caused her to blush form embarrassment. The Buneary smiled, pointing onwards into the distance. She kind of felt guilty that Bee would be buying for them, so Clavies would probably pay for her own. What she wanted to know was what meat they used to make food with... Well, that's one of the mysteries of the world.

Clavies followed Bee as she was walking to Robin, and she stood besides them as well, awaiting to order something.

Alvin

"Well, yeah I totally knew that." Alvin muttered under his breath. The boy was rather embarrassed that he forgot the name, but tried to brush it off. "A-anyways, Torchic and I just entered a tournament! I heard somebody from the lab joined as well, would that be you?" Alvin asked. He took a glance at the girl's Pokemon; the only one she had out right now was her Eevee. It was a healthy looking Pokemon, but weren't starters usually Fire, Water, or Grass typed? The boy considered asking what starter she had, but held off, not wanting to be looked at as a fool again.

The Torchic, still questioning his trainer's mentality but not wanting to lose face to the Eevee, got up like nothing happened. In truth, it had been raised in the lab, so Astrid had been very familiar to the chicken, who could not quite fathom why the human would not be just as familiar with her. To the happy Eevee's question, it responded "Torchic Tor Tor Tor! ("I'm fine, in fact, better than ever! I'mma gonna smoke the competition!")" Torchic looked at the Eevee. At first it thought that Eevee was going to be one of his opponents, but being the arrogant chicken he was, dismissed the thought. After all, Eevee were not fighting Pokemon...right?

"Uhm. That'll be 50 pokedollars." The buff pizza vendor gave the glazy eyed Robbin a strange look before waiting for Bee to pay up. Pizzas cost 10 a pop, and the vendor felt like it was his lucky day. When the pizza box met Robbin's arms, the boy took a long, slow whiff before nearly falling over in delight. He carried the food over to an empty bench closest to the pit where a Geodude and a scarred Bunnelby battled. The kid with the purple hair opened the lid of the box open and his eyes twinkled at the sight of the gooey, blue pizza that seemed to have a heavenly glow in Robbin's mind. He lifted a slice of the pizza and strings of the fresh cheese hung down beneath it. Igglybuff looked in interest at the pizza and it's god awful smell nearly knocked her off the bench. Being half fairy, the pink, chubby pokemon felt nauseous at the scent of Arbok venom. Poison types gave her anxiety and she shivered while witnessing Robbin devour the poison made cheese. Robbin folded another slice to stuff his face with before coming out of his slight trance.

Robbin released Chespin from the pokeball and placed a piece of pizza on the bench's surface for his pokemon to share. Pin? Chespin toddled over to the blue slice and wiggled it's nose for a short sniff. The grass type immediately backed away and tripped onto it's bum before looking up in confused disgust. Iggly Ig The munchkin ball let out a giggle before waddling over to Chespin and embracing him with a hug against his chest. They both shared the same type disadvantage and it was something they related with. Ches. Igglybuff's kind gesture caught the brown and green pokemon off guard, and he looked around curiously at everyone as he struggled within the tubby fairy's embrace. Robbin finished his third slice oblivous of his pokemon's disliking toward the pizza which he enjoyed a little too much. "Preciate the grub! You're too kind." A loud hiccup escaped Robbin after expressing his thanks to Bee, which caused a female trainer on the other bench to jump. Chespin tilted his head in startled curiousity toward his master.

"Sooo..." Robbin looked over Bee and Clavies as he finished up his fourth slice of pizza. "I'm ready to hit the pit when you are. Maybe all three of us can practice together at once?" As he suggested the idea, Robbin caught notice of the sneaky Purrloin from earlier snooping around the pizza stand. The boy's eyes narrowed at the tricky cat, but he kept his composure as he awaited Clavies and Bee's answer. That cat doesn't know what's coming. He thought, as an idea popped in his head.

Last edited:
Astrid was a bit surprised to hear that from someone heard about her entering the tournament. I guess the old man was working hard to get more participates in the tournament. Astrid gave a small smile. "Yes. That would be me. I entered because of Eevee's determination." She laughed. She never would've thought that Eevee, who was a gentle fox Pokemon, be all interested in fighting in a tournament. I suppose you learn something new everyday. "I suppose you'll be entering the tournament too huh." She asked. Knowing that she'll probably be facing one of the new trainer that has came to Numera to start their journey in the tournament.

Astrid looked down to see the trainer's Pokemon talking to her Eevee. It was one of the Pokemon she took care of while she was working with Professor Atlas at that time. "Aww you have a Torchic." She got all giggly over the fact that the trainer picked a cute little Torchic and started to pet it very slowly and softly on the head, giving it some attention. "Hey there little buddy. How have you been today?" She gave a lovable smile to the cute Torchic she was petting.

Eevee became energetic now that the Pokemon knew that Eevee had some sort of rival in the tournament. "Eevee?! Eevee. Eeevee eevee." (You too?! That's great. We'll be best of rivals.) The fox Pokemon said to the Torchic. Who would've thought that the first Pokemon the fox had an conversation with would be his rival in the tournament. This was going to be a good day for Eevee. Before he can talk some more, Astrid would come in and give Torchic some attention. Eevee waited for her to finish before continuing his conversation with Torchic.

"Nice! The more the merrier, right?" Bee said, grinning widely as she walked with a bit of a skip in her step. her good mood persisted until she heard the price of the pizza. The thing is, she wasn't actually there to hear Robbins order, so she assumed she couldn't have possibly heard the right price. "Wait, what?" She assumed Robbin couldn't have possibly ordered enough to cost fifty pokedollars. Then again, she really didn't want to argue with the vendor. He was kind of big and strong-looking, at least to Bee, who was used to buying things from the same people in the same stores her whole life.

"So... fifty pokedollars? Right..." She set Slakoth on the ground so both her hands were free and Treecko jumped down from her shoulder to join the sloth Pokémon. She then shuffled through her wallet, pulling out the bills. Fortunately, she had enough, it just took a decent chunk out of her savings. Hopefully that was something she could recover once she battled other trainers, after all, they got money if they won, right? Biting the inside of her cheek, she handed the vendor the money. "So it's ten Pokedollars per slice?" She asked absentmindedly, clearly thinking it over in her mind. She was still planning on buying for Clavies, which was all well and good. But she wasn't sure she could spare ten bucks for herself. then again, she knew how mad her mom would be if she didn't eat anything at all. Sighing in defeat, she pointed to a Chople berry pizza, with regular Miltank cheese. "May I have one slice of that please?" She took the ten Pokedollars out of her wallet and paid the vendor ten more bucks. As he handed her her pizza, she turned to Clavies. "So, what about you? Do you know what your getting?"

After Clavies ordered, Bee put her wallet away, Throwing her bag back over her shoulder, she picked up Slakoth in her left arm and carried her pizza in the other, with Treecko climbing back up onto her shoulder. She joined Robbin over at the stands overlooking the Pit, where Treecko jumped off and joined Igglybuff and Chespin. "Tree. Ko-Tree!" The lizard chirped as it hopped up next to them on the bench. "Would you like to join them, too, Slakoth?" She set the sloth Pokémon near the rest of them, and he looked pretty happy from what she could tell. "Slaaaaak..." He yawned, sitting near the others.

Bee sat on Robbin's other side and took a bite of her pizza. The Chople berries added a certain spiciness to the pizza that Bee liked, and it helped her feel a bit better after spending so much on pizza. "I'm glad you like it." Bee replied. I mean, I only spent fifty Pokedollars on it. She was over the initial surprise of the pricey pizza, now she was kind of annoyed. Then again, she knew that she had offered to pay for it, so it wasn't really her place to complain. She pulled a berry off of her slice, and called Treecko over. "Here, try this." She handed it to her Pokémon, who curiously sniffed it before taking a bite of it. His eyes lit up, and he gave a little cry. "Treecko!" then he ate the rest of the berry. "It looks like you like it!" She smiled and pulled a second berry off before taking another bite of her pizza. "Maybe Slakoth will like it, too?" She handed the berry to Treecko, who took the berry over to the sloth Pokémon and handed it to him. When Slakoth took a bite, however, he didn't seem as fond of the taste. "No? Oh well..." She went back to eating her pizza and watching the battle.

"Well, I'm ready to battle whenever." She had finished her one slice of pizza a while before Robbin finished his most recent one. "I mean, that could be a good idea. Like a two on two battle, right?" Bee considered the idea. If that's what they did, she'd definitely have to be on a team. Treecko was her only Pokémon, since she never actually caught Slakoth. Meanwhile, Robbin had two Pokémon, and Clavies had four. "If we do that, it'd probably work better if it was me and Robbin against you, Clavies, since you have the most Pokémon." She turned to Clavies as she said this. "Or we could battle one on one, I'm not sure how well that would work... Do you have any ideas, Clavies?"

IGGY IGG! Igglybuff was delighted to see Treecko as he greeted her and Chespin. She outreached a stubby arm to include Treecko in the hug she trapped Chespin in, but her arm was too short too reach. The baby bouncy ball-like pokemon released her mammal grass companion and rolled over to Treecko with a contagious, bright smile. Ches-Chespin. Robbin's grass starter greeted back with a raised wave to Treecko who he recognized from the fight against Scraggy and Croagunk. Chespin's expression was somewhat thankful toward the other grass pokemon since Igglybuff's attention was taken off of him and onto Treecko instead. When Slakoth was put next to them, the grass mammal eyed the furry slob and he couldn't help, but yawn in return. Chessss

"Here's your order, lass." The pizza vendor slid four more boxes of Arbok pizza in front of Bee on the bench. "Tried to give ya this back earlier," The buff man handed her the eight extra pokedollars that she had paid with for her slice. "A slice is two pokedollars. A box is ten. Your friend asked for five of the large pizzas." The vendor explained before returning to his booth.

"Looks like we're having a pizza party...." Bee's purple haired companion gave her a cute grin with some sauce on his lips that he was unaware of. He had already finished his first box while Igglybuff was busy patting Slakoth's sleepy head interestedly. In truth, the boy was full enough, but he could always go for another slice. I'm not me when I'm hungry. Robbin thought, as he realized that he had ordered way more than he probably should have. It was almost as if he couldn't recall ordering to begin with.

"Capture fur slug already, and we can have a double practice battle!" Robbin said, after Bee had turned to speak with Clavies who had apparently slipped off to do something. He wondered when Bee was going to catch the furry sloth since she seemed so fond of the hairy guy. The enthusiastic boy looked to Igglybuff and Chespin, and then at Slakoth and Treecko. Robbin was curious to know how they'd do against one another in battle. "-That, or one versus one is cool."

Robbin spied Veggie head petting some Torchic a few yards away behind Bee, and he began to slightly panic. "Just have to finish this tasty pizza FIRST!..." The purple haired kid began stuffing his face with the crusts that he had saved for last. "Mm-MAN this is too G-GOOD." Robbin managed to say with his cheeks full. He tried to keep Bee's attention on him, but then he remembered that he was wearing the Charizard mask and felt silly. He swallowed hard, yet still felt anxious regardless. Jay wasn't in sight, but wherever Veggie head was, Jay wasn't too far away.

~~~

Merlin

"Something like that." Merlin responded back. "I came here to start my journey in Epica in order to find my true calling in this world. I came from Kalos, which is quite far from where Epica is. There was this private school were people would go and learn more about Pokemon. I learned how to teach Pokemon moves and learned how to respond to Pokemon. Both in which my parents were good at." The man looked around in the fields, hoping that the Pokemon she was looking for would appear as he was telling the story. "Now with the lessons I have learned in school and with my parents, I want to go out and try to help Pokemon out with whatever they would need." The man finished as he took a deep sigh. "Sorry about the long answer my lady. Shall we go and find your Aromatisse?" Merlin asked. But before she could answer, he added one more thing, one that would help him learn more about the situation, and with the dress she was wearing, it might've been for the contest she was recently in. "But before you answer, I have a question of my own." Merlin charmingly asked. "You came from the contst hall am I correct? Perhaps if I learned what happened there, maybe I can get a better picture of what happened between the two of you."

"Kalos? Wow! I've never heard of that place." Jolesa said in amazement as she listened to his seemingly ambitious spirit. "That sounds like a nice plan!" The blonde girl admired the older guys dreams and was beginning to feel calm. She was asked if she was ready to find her pokemon, and she was going to answer until he asked about what happened. "Yes! I was competing for the Cutie Ribbon, and I evolved my Spritzee. After the performance, Aromatisse began to ignore me." The haunting memory of how Aromatisse treated her made her feel like crying again. "I wish I knew what was the matter..." Jolesa began to torture herself with her thoughts about the situation.

Clavies had spaced out, 100% and she was suddenly broguth back by Bee. "Ah! Right! Pizza! Okay! I'll have Milktank Cheese pizza, please." She smiled, as the Buneary chimed happily as well whilst on her shoulder. "Bun! Bun!" It shouted out, and Ralts gave itself a facepalm. The Ralts already had to deal with one airhead; why did she have to deal with another? God knows why, but Ralts didn't wanna question it. It looked like everyone was having fun, so she grabbed the poke balls of Swablu and Litwick, leaving Milotic in there for a little while. "Come out everyone~" She giggled, sewable resting on her head, and litwick rested in her the hand, like holding a candle.

"Lit! Litwick!"

"Swa! Swa!~"

Both the pokemon chimed, and Clavies let out a small giggle After most of her pokemon came out, she pulled out two poke dollars to pay for her slice, not wanting Bee to spend any more of her own money; she felt guilty. "I-It's fine. I can pay for my own. You've spent a lot of money, anyways." Clavies smiled, paying for her own slice and taking a bite, savouring the flavour. It was good, and she was planning on eating anyways. Her brown hair was tied back into a pony tail,so that no pizza would make her all dirty and bleh. Litwick, on the other hand, decided to sneak a bite from, and Clavies pretended not to notice. "Ah, right. Yes, I can um.. Battle too! Just.. Milotic needs some rest." Clavies rubbed the back of her head gently, looking to the side as she looked at Ralts and Litwick. If she were to battle, she could use those two, and the Buneary didn't seem to be getting of her shoulder any time soon. Maybe she'll catch it later, if she can.

"I Can battle with Ralts.. Litwick.. Or Swablu!" She chimed out, though she would want to train with Swablu a bit before an actual battle.

@True Self
@EchoRun

Alvin

Sounding confident, Alvin replied to the girl's inquiry with "Nah, I'm not just entering the tournament, I'm winning the tournament! It's a very important difference!" The boy thought about her Eevee, it sure seemed enthusiastic that much was for sure. What he was not sure about was how difficult an opponent it would be, Eevee were not known for being terribly powerful, but it could evolve into a number of different evolutions, most of which were quite strong. Alvin knew better than to underestimate it though, if Astrid got it around the same time he got Torchic, they were likely the same strength. When the girl made a motion to pet Torchic, he said "Heh, he is a cute little guy isn't he? He's gonna be my entry for the tournament."

The Torchic seemed to respond quite well to the petting, and snuggled close to Astrid as she pet him. "Tor... (I'm fine...please keep petting me.)" he responded to her question. Alvin continued from earlier "At any rate, we'll have a great match, I'm sure!" Torchic however did not have the professionalism of his trainer, and only now regarded the Eevee, as if he had been ignoring the Pokemon the whole time. Then he taunted, saying " Tor! Torchic? Torch Tor Torchic. (Hah! You're my rival? Then my victory is assured!)"

Both the arrogant Pokemon and his Trainer then looked over to the nearby fighting arena. A Tyroge and a Staryu were fighting fiercely with all their might, and the match seemed to take a brutal turn. Alvin became rather hesitant...he was not entirely sure whether he would be comfortable coordinating the battle with his Pokemon. His mind turned to Jay's words from earlier "Why do you feel the need to randomly battle with your pokemon?" and started having doubts about entering the tournament. It did seem rather unfair to make the Pokemon do that work, when all he needed was some defenses so he could get the treasure. Then his mind turned to what he was fighting for, treasure to make his life better, to make his family's life better. Yes this was scary, yes this might hurt his Pokemon, but he was fighting for a cause.

Torchic instead turned to the glory this battle would win him. After all, every knight errant had to prove his strength in battle before saving maidens. He had to become stronger, so that he could become a legend. What that legend entailed, the Pokemon did not know at this time, but he would figure something out. Probably.

Alvin was lost in thought for a second, then realized something rather silly. He did not know what the rules of the tournament he had just signed up for were. He hesitated for a moment, if he asked Astrid she might laugh at him after all! Still, he figured the risk of making an idiotic decision with the rules outweighed his anxiety. Thus, he asked "Say uh...what are the rules for this fighting anyways? I signed up but I err...sort of forgot to look up the rules there maybe..."

================================
Lillipup and Chatot

While his new trainer was busy chatting up the lab person, Chatot decided to make a scheme. While it had given the Torchic the food he had stolen, he for one was still hungry, and unlike Torchic, had no issue pilfering a treat from a human. He had pulled Lillipup to the side after intentionally getting lost among the crowds, and started plotting his brilliant plan. Nearby, there was a man from the area who specialized in making delicious berry pies of various flavors. Chatot was a huge fan of these pies, and had stolen some the previous year. He knew from previous experience that this guy would be quick to swat any interlopers of the Pokemon kind, so he schemed to distract the store owner and get his beak into some delicious pies!

After some discussion with the Lillipup, the plan went into motion. Suddenly, Lillipup ran to a location behind the shop, and started barking and tackling fair goers along the way. This distraction worked quite well, creating a huge panic behind the stall lest the Lillipup be rabid, and the store owner went out of the stall in order to check on the commotion. This gave Chatot plenty of time to swipe two pies from the stall...then he felt a little guilty and stole two more, one for Torchic and one for Alvin. They deserved a bit of a welcoming gift after all! Soon enough, the commotion had ended up calling some of the local law enforcement to town. To get Lillipup out of this predicament, Chatot used a technique to throw his voice across the field, shouting "HELP! Police, I'm being robbed!" in a girl's accent. The police, shortstaffed and figuring the dog was less important, rushed over to that area, and the Lillipup joined his companion from the chaos.

All that remained now was to share the spoils with Alvin and company.

Treecko watched in amusement as Igglybuff tried to include him in her death hug with Chespin, but unfortunately couldn't reach due to her small arms. When she rolled over to him though, he just smiled back, then quickly waved to Chespin before accepting a hug from the pin puff ball. He was glad they were both ok, after all, he hadn't seen Chespin since the Croagunk/Scraggy battle, and Igglybuff since, well, not that long ago honestly. Slakoth yawned back at Chespin, and turned to watch the battles in the pit.

Bee didn't see the pizza vendor coming until he was close, and the sight of him made her worry that she had done something wrong, like not paid enough for the pizza. It turned out to be just the opposite. She had paid too much, according to the vendor. "Oops. Uh... I'm sorry about that." She said as she took her money back, mentally kicking herself for not listening when the vendor was speaking. Then the realization struck her: there were four boxes for pizza sitting right in front of her. Robbin had bought five boxes of pizza. Which would explain the price. Now that she thought about it, it would have probably been a good idea to know what the kid was ordering before she paid for it. Can he even eat five boxes of pizza? What were they supposed to do with all that pizza if not?

"Yeah. A pizza party..." Bee tried not to seem so preoccupied with her thoughts when she looked up to face Robbin. She needed to stop worrying so much, especially at this festival. There were still battles to be had after all.

"Fur slug? That's not... Well..." While she was going to argue that it wasn't very nice to Slakoth that, and no, he wasn't a "fur slug", she had been able to tell who he was talking about almost immediately. "I mean, I could catch him, but it just doesn't seem fair." Was that the word she was looking for? "He just sort of fell out of a tree, I don't want to take advantage of that." She looked past him to look at Slakoth, who was being poked on the head by Igglybuff, but he didn't really look like he cared. She looked at Clavies next. "I'm glad you could join us." She wanted to tell her that she didn't have to battle if she didn't want to, since she was going to a tournament after this, but she didn't know how to say it.

"O-kay, Robbin..." She looked at her purple-haired friend, obviously confused. "Just- don't make yourself sick, alright?"

((I'll probably do some editing on this tomorrow, sorry))

Robbin was busy stuffing his face with pizza crusts to answer Bee's puzzled question about what he called the Slakoth. "Mmhmm-" He said between mouthfuls as he looked in Slakoth's direction. Igglybuff was curling Slakoths fur playfully which made Robbin look at them strangely before looking back at Bee who continued talking. "You sound like my brother right now..." The boy cringed at Bee's talk of fairness before continuing, "Seems like he was meant to find you if you ask me." Robbin hadn't heard of very man instances of a pokemon randomly falling on someone's head before, and the hairy creature didn't appear to be wanting to leave anytime soon. His attention was torn from his conversation from Bee when Clavies returned to sit with them.

"Looks like we can go with your first idea, Bee. Our two against Raltsy's two!" An excited smirk appeared upon the kid's face when the brown haired girl released her pokemon. Chespin sniffed at a piece of Clavies pizza and his belly began to growl. Robbin's venomous pizza was out of the question and the grass type was hungy. Igglybuff greeted all of Clavies pokemon sweetly and then returned to play with Slakoth's fur whom she was intrigued by for some reason or another.

"HMMMmm..." Robbin examined Clavies three pokemon as he finished the last of the crusts. The big headed alien-like pokemon with the green helmet knew telekinesis, so it was most likely a psychic type. Chespin probably wouldn't fair well against that one given Ralt's type advantage. His option against Ralts would obviously be Igglybuff. Clavies's cloud winged, blue bird was clearly a flying type, so it would be a bad match for Chespin as well. When he got to Litwick, the boy realized that the show girl's pokemon were all super effectice against grass types since the candle pokemon probably knew fire moves. With a snap of his finger he exclaimed to Clavies, "Ok! Two of your's vs. Iggly and Bee's pokemon!"

"TO THE PIT!" The purple-haired kid sprung out of his seat and snatched another slice of pizza to go before dashing to the edge of the battle pit. Before getting too close, the boy immediately slid in his tracks to see a familiar cat sitting properly at the edge of the pit, licking the fur on it's chest clean. "Oh-hoho." Robbin said under his breath at the poke kitten who didn't seem to notice him. With a quick dive passed Astrid and a boy with a Torchic, Robbin soared through the air toward the unsuspecting Purrloin.

With a casual, simple step to the left, Purrloin avoided Robbin's outstretched arms and watched as the purple haired human slid down the muddy pit after a unpleasant crash. Purr Purr!... The mauve cat gave an unnoticed snicker followed by an amused purr. "FuuUghhh." Robbin groaned as he lay in a twisted postion in the muddy ground. Lucky for Robbin, a battle wasn't going on within the pit, but there were plenty of witnesses to see his embarrassing crash.

Robbin smeared the black mud from his masks eye holes and wiped his face clean as best he could with the backside of his dark stained shirt. "Ready?" He said to Bee and Clavies without acknowledging his fall. "I uh- love to make mud angels! Whenever I can." The boy decided to say in case the girls asked him about what happened. Jumping to choke hold a Purrloin into surrendering didn't seem like a smart answer. Igglybuff hopped over to catch up with the group happily and then stopped in horror at the sight of what appreared to be a horrible swamp monster before her. IGG!.. With a powerful puff of her cheeks, she quickly floated up onto Bee to hide behind her shoulders in fear.

Last edited:
"You two seem to get along very well."

Clavies smiled, laughing a little bit as the two spoke to each other. It'd be nice to travel with people, though, it wasn't like she was lonely with ralts, she really appreciated her pokemons' company. She had been biting off the slice of pizza she ordered, ripping off a piece for Litwick, another one for Ralts, and gave Swablu some of the crust. Looking down a bit at the Chespin, she smiled and ripped off a piece as well, bending down to give it to the hungry little pokemon. She then wrapped it up in a paper towel to save for Milotic, since she wasn't too hungry, and Milotic might get mad at her for not saving her anything. Just the thought of it made her giggle a slight bit. "I'll have you know though, I'm good at double battling!" The girl smiled, as she rubbed Litwick's back and Swablu's head, while Ralts seemed to feel left out nuzzling into the girl's dress. Clavies seemed to be confident, almost as confident as the contest back then, where she had received her first ribbon.

"Alright! Then, I'll use Litwick and Swablu." She said, as Ralts seemed to cross her arms and huff a bit. "Ehehe.. Sorry Ralts. But these two need to train, you know? Next time!" She promised, as the Ralts puffed a few times, only to silently and obediently listen to her trainer. Ralts seemed a little upset, but decided to crawl into her pokeball so that it wasn't too obvious. The Buneary laughed a little bit, and then followed Ralts down to her belt of Pokeballs. It stared at them curiously, and smiled brightly, wanting to touch it, however, Swablu swooped down to the cotton rabbit and started nuzzling, probably due to their connection to fluff.

She mainly picked Litwick and Swablu because they were the newest additions, and she needed to battle with them, after all. "Well, Litwick, it's time for our second big battle! It's your first, right, Swablu?" She asked the flying bird, who did a few loops in the air with a bright smile. "Swa!" It chirped out, landing on her other shoulder.

As Robin shouted out to the pit, Clavies giggled and followed not too far behind, awaiting Bee and she soon heard the crash. Ralts popped itself out of it's pokeball, letting out a sigh and using it's Confusion to pick him up again. Confusion was a pretty weak move, but it was strong enough to pick him up. Swablu, being Swablu, quickly flew down and started cleaning him up with her wings, the cotton wings most likely feeling nice, like a huge pillow. "Swa, Swa. Swablu!" The swablu said, flying back over to Clavies as she ran up to catch up to Robin. Sadly for her, she tripped as she was running, however, Ralts stopped her in mid air, and Swablu held onto the back collar of the girl's dress as though the world depended on it, though, she was trying really hard since it was such a small pokemon. "Ralts ralts... Ralts." The Ralts sighed, almost shaking her head as though questioning: How is this girl my trainer again?

"Oh. Um.. Hehe. Thank you, Swablu, Ralts."

@True Self
@EchoRun

"Well, sure, but..." To be honest, Bee couldn't think of a very good argument on the spot. Certainly a more ambitious trainer would have taken the opportunity to catch a Pokémon that showed up out of nowhere. In her defense, she wasn't really thinking of catching Pokémon at the time. But now she couldn't even think of a good reason not to catch the furry sloth Pokémon. She was relieved when Clavies arrived with her Pokémon, drawing Robbin's attention away from the topic. Bee took the opportunity to glance down at where Slakoth and Treecko were. Slakoth watched the end of the battle while Igglybuff played with his fur, and he also turned his head and slowly raised one of his hands in greeting to Clavies's Pokémon with a yawn, before scratching his head and resting again. Treecko, on the other hand went on over to say hi with a "Treecko! Tree!"

"Alright, that's great!" Bee smiled back at Clavies. "Well, don't hold back." She replied to the other girl's warning jokingly. In no way shape or form did she expect to be able to take on a much more experienced trainer that wasn't holding back and expect to win, at least not with her current experience. She'd seen first hand how strong some trainers could be, and so far the most she'd seen from Clavies so far was a contest with her Milotic. It was also clear that she had a great relationship with her Pokémon, which typically was a great advantage when it came to battling.

"Ok, so it'll be Swablu and Litwick against Igglybuff and Treecko... Oh." That would be a problem, at least for Treecko. From what she could knew, Swablu was a flying type, and Litwick had a flame on its head for goodness' sake, so there was a pretty good chance it knew a fire type move or two. That would put Treecko at a decent disadvantage. Yet another reason why catching Slakoth would have been a good idea: Even if it was slow, it was a normal type according to her Pokedex, so it wouldn't have as much of a problem against either of Clavies's Pokémon. She wasn't about to contradict herself right now, though. "Yeah, Treecko. You ready to battle again?" She looked at her Pokemon, who hopped from the bench and gave a sort of salute. "Treecko!" "Great!"

While Robbin rushed off to the pit, with Clavies not too far behind, Bee took off her backpack and let Slakoth grab onto it before carefully putting it back on her back. Igglybuff was still there was well. "Alright, team, let's catch up." She rushed after them, Treecko running slightly ahead of her. She got there just in time to witness Robbin's elegant faceplant in the mud. Clavies and her Pokemon were quick to take care of the issue, though she was almost in the same boat when she tripped not long after. Gee. I thought I was supposed to be the one with the bad luck. Not that she wanted to believe in all that superstitious stuff she grew up with. Igglybuff floated up and hid behind her shoulders. "No need to worry Iggly, it's just your trainer." She carefully walked over to the two of them, careful not to trip like the two of them. "Riiiiight. Mud angels. Now may not be the best time. Are you both okay?"

"The heck?" Robbin began to get up, but it was like his body lifted on it's own effortlessly. The reckless boy looked down at his body that glowed in a strange light which soon disappeared as he was back to his feet. He noticed that the instance happened right after Ralts released itself from Clavies pokeball. Before he could say anything, he was suddenly invaded by cotton wings that wiped the mud from him. "Uh-preciate it..." He was clean enough now, yet his clothes remained stained and traces of mud still crusted his mask. "Never better!" Robbin responded with a grin when Bee asked if he and Clavies were ok. "Let's do this thing!" The kid with the muddy, purple hair exclaimed.
Igglybuff peeked behind Bee's head to see that the muddy monster was now recognizable as her master and was assured with Bee's words. Igg. She said with a happy tone and relieved expression. The pink puff ball bounced off Bee's shoulder and front flipped to cling to Robbin's neck. Robbin tried to pry the baby pokemon from his neck with no success. "We're fighters not lovers, IGGLY." The boy managed to say as he began to feel choked. Meanwhile, Chespin walked up with a pizza crust stuffed in his lips which he quickly finished with an embarrassed blush. Ches! Robbin's grass pokemon nodded toward Clavies with an appreciative smile for the pizza.

"Alright! Iggly's READY." Robbin declared as Igglybuff finally released him. He looked to Bee to see if she was ready herself, and then looked to their opponent. Chespin sat on the side of the battle pit to watch as the trainers prepared to start their practice battle. The mammal grass pokemon's master readied himself for Raltsy's first move. Igglybuff waved over to Clavies and her pokemon with an excited smile, not fully grasping the fact that this was a battle of sorts.​

Astrid

"Oh are we?" Her smile turned into a shrug after she finished petting Torchic. "Then you better give it your all." She looked forward to facing him and hsi Torchic in the tournament. "Cause me and Eevee are going for the stars." She gave a big grin, knowing that their match (if there will be a match) will be a steller and amazing match for all the spectators to
be shocked and amazed. "I expect the same from you Alvin." She winked at Alvin, hoping he wouldn't disappointed her in the end.

Meanwhile, The Eevee watched as Torchic was being petted by Astrid. Knowing Astrid's gentleness towards Pokemon, Eevee smiled at both Torchic and Astrid. The Torchic made a bold statement about already achieving victory. The Eevee shortly replied. "Eevee? Eevee Eevee. Eev Eevee". (Oh do you now? Better be careful with that aggression. It might blind you of your goals.) The fox said to Torchic.

As the battle between Tyroge and Staryu went on, Astrid looked back upon Jay's words. Astrid may not be a fighter and would rather not, but she understands that Eevee is more than a regular Pokemon, it doesn't just want to help Astrid, but it wants to become a worthy Pokemon fighter for its trainer. Why did Eevee desire to challenge other Pokemon? Maybe it was passionate of battling other Pokemon and hoping to meet others with that same goal. By why does a gentle Pokemon have the desire to fight? Those two things don't seem to mix well.

Astrid looked back at Alvin, who didn't know the rules for the tournament. "Oh the rules?" She asked. "Every year during the festival, we have rules that makes the fights in Pokemon clean and safe. I heard this year they're adding some rules to it. They also said that the reward for winning this tournament was going to be different from the previous ones. I don't know what it is, but I heard it's good." She giggled as she could not control her joy. "Follow me Alvin. The table outside of The Pit has a sheet of all the rules on them. There are always extra so feel free to take one for yourself." She said as she and Eevee left towards the pit with Alvin and Torchic following behind her and Eevee.

Merlin

Merlin sat with his full attention at Jolesa as he listened to her story about what happened with her Aromatisse. Sometimes when your Pokemon tries its best in a performance and ends up losing, it hurts them to the point where being with their trainer is holding them back. Merlin has heard these kinds of story with other trainers at school before so he isn't a stranger to these situations. Merlin's first priority was the keep Jolesa from having an emotional breakdown, otherwise, he wouldn't get anywhere with getting back her Aromatisse.

"Jolesa." Merlin said in a soft tone. "Try to stay positive or you'll end up crying again." He tried to reassure to her that everything will be alright. "The last thing you need to do is to worry about your Pokemon leaving you." Merlin was firmly good at keeping people's emotions at bay. He closed his eyes and thought about the situation that she was in.

"So based off what you told me, it seems as if your Aromtisse is having seconds thoughts about you." He boldly states. "I have heard stories of Pokemon going through an evolution and their whole personality undergoes a huge change, one that is very hard to control. Some trainers even gave up because of how hard it was to control or even fix them. I would say that this would be the case, but what if your Armotisse is mad at you for not winning the performance at her best? What if it doesn't trust you after losing the contest? Maybe you need to show her that you can win contests and that you will be stronger so that you can fix your bond with her." He added his solution in order to help six this situation that Jolesa is in.

"Alright, that's great!" Bee said excitedly as she readjusted her backpack. It was a bit heavier than before with the added weight of Slakoth, but she could manage. "Yeah, I'm ready to battle!"

She smiled at Igglybuff's very affectionate attitude. "I think it's pretty cute. She's just glad to see you." Well, while Bee didn't doubt for a moment that Igglybuff would be happy to show so much affection all the time, she felt that this display was more due to the fact that Robbin was now recognizable and not covered in mud. But whatever. Same difference. Treecko watched the trainers, then turned to Chespin as he walked up behind. To be honest, the lizard Pokémon was looking everywhere, almost like it was trying to get a feel for his surroundings before the start of the battle.

"Right. Treecko, you ready?" Bee asked the grass type, bringing his attention to her. "Treecko!" He replied with a nod, leaping forward to stand beside Igglybuff with a determined look in his eyes. "Treecko is READY!" She repeated after Robbin. Slakoth continued to cling to her bag, watching the battle from there. "Whenever you're ready to go, Clavies!"

"R-Right!"

Clavies nodded a few times, allowing Swablu and Litwick quickly go on ahead onto the field. The two pokemon appeared pretty confident. Swablu was floating suspended in the air, as Litwick was on the ground. She was ready to perform the first move, really, but she couldn't perform anything fancy, in case that Swablu might be burnt, and Litwick might get hurt. The idea of hurting them brought a shiver up her spine. Well, it was time to start, right?

~Double Battle~
[ Litwick & Swablu vs. Treeko & Igglybuff ]
{Moves: Ember, Astonish, Minimize, Smog}
{Moves: Peck, Roost, Sing}

"Right! Litwick! Start it off with Minimize!" She called out to her ghost type, as the pokemon started to compress it self, soon appearing much, much more smaller and so raising the chance of a miss or it would be easier for the candle pokemon to dodge. "Sing!" She called to Swablu afterwords, as Litwick covered it's ears, and the bird pokemon opened it's mouth to begin singing a calming and soothing song, that would only affect pokemon currently, most likely causing the one of the pokemon to fall asleep. Based off Swablu's position, it would most likely try to affect the Igglybuff, trying to lure it sleep.

She also planned to keep using minimize until Litwick couldn't get any smaller, and then start attacking. "Keep using Minimize! Make sure to dodge the attacks that they throw at you!" She commanded Litwick, as the little candle kept trying it's best to raise it's own evasion. "Swablu! You stay up there!" She called up, as Swablu was pretty high from the ground, considering that she was battling an Igglybuff and a Treeko. It was already clear where she was going with this, though, she may or may not possibly fail. She was decent at battling, she just found it a bit harder, commanding two pokemon at once, and these two pokemon are ones that she caught recently.

Buneary on the other hand, kept watching contently from the side lines.

@True Self
@EchoRun

"I need you to be my pokemon, or I won't forgive myself for underestimating you."
"Ass Ketchum." *After face slamming the prestige Ash statue* ~ Robbin

"Up-up!" Robbin raised a hand to gesture for Igglybuff to float up into the air to get on Swablu's level. Just as the pink munchkin began to puff her cheeks, she paused at the sound of a calming melody. The song was similar to the anthem of her ancestors. Then the memory of her mother's lullaby snuck into her mind. With a cute yawn, she smiled sleepily as she relived the pleasant memory in her past. A sparkle gleamed in her eye before she tumbled backward in a fit of small snores. "Now's not the time to rest your eyes, Iggly!.." Robbin half-whispered as he knelt down and tried to nudge Igglybuff's squishy body awake.​

"Just what I wanted to happen. Eheh.." Robbin said to Bee with a wink as he attempted to cover up his inexperience at battling by making it seem like he had some sort of trick up his sleeve. For a moment he looked around nervously. Luckily there wasn't very many people around watching the battle, so he felt a little more at ease if he were to suck. His eyes then came upon Chespin at the edge of the pit who raised his paws into the air with an encouraging smile.

Chespin's support caused a determined look to flash across the boy's face and he looked toward Bee and Treecko. "We got this! Let's show em what we can do!" His overconfident declaration may have been followed by the chirping of Kricketot's had they been around. The nonchalant sight of Igglybuff's snoozing didn't make it any better..​

"You'll realize what you want when the time is right." ~ Jay to Bee
"...Took me some time to think about, but then I realized caring for pokemon is what I did all along."

Last edited:
"Pound, Leer, and Absorb..." Bee listed off the moves that Treecko knew to herself, and watched the two Pokémon on the other side carefully. Since Treecko was a grass type, he was weak to both flying and fire type moves. She needed to carefully work under the assumption that the Swablu and Litwick knew these types of moves, and proceed from there. She bit the inside of her cheek as she quickly thought up a plan. Robbin was sending Igglybuff up into the air to get Swablu, which was good considering she had no clue how Treecko would be able to get up there in the first place.

Or at least everything seemed to be going well until Swablu used sing, which effectively put Igglybuff to sleep. Treecko looked like he was about to doze off, as well. "Treecko! Stay awake!" The grass lizard shook his head and looked back at the two trainers, then at Igglybuff. "Ko?" He seemed concerned for his pink partner. "Don't worry, Treecko, she'll be fine." Bee looked over to Robbin and nodded. "Alright." It was better to just go along with his claim that he knew what he was doing. She was doing some more quick thinking when suddenly Robbin shouted in excitement, startling Bee, who jumped to the side.

Calm down. You're on edge because of the battle.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, then opened them and nodded a bit more enthusiastically. "...Yeah... Alright! Okay, Treecko, try to go for Litwick with Pound!" Since the candle Pokémon was on the ground, she figured it be much easier for Treecko to get to. Treecko nodded and gave a salute like Robbin had done earlier in the Pokémon center, by laying his paw across his chest, "Treec!" . Then the green Pokémon began to rush across the field as fast as he could. He also tried to keep an eye on Swablu as he ran, in case the flying Pokémon tried anything while he went for its partner.

Slakoth watched the battle from where he was hanging on to Bee's backpack. It turned out that she fidgeted a lot when she battled (though she didn't realize it yet), which proved to be too much motion for the sloth Pokémon to sleep comfortably. The jump to the side when Robbin startled her was what made the lazy Pokémon give up on sleeping for the time being.​

39d47d6d3a417a18a43f548dba75a9ca.jpg ~~~ Swablu & Litwick ~~~ tumblr_mie8qz51oi1r4e6sio1_500.jpg
{Moves: Ember, Astonish, Minimize, Smog}
{Moves: Peck, Roost, Sing}

"Okay Swablu!" Clavies chimed, calling out to her bird pokemon. It seemed to have put the Igglybuff to sleep, so that was good. She pointed up at her Swablu, and then at the small pink pokemon. "Peck on Igglybuff!" She called out, as the swablu began to descend pretty quickly. It's beak began glowing softly to prepare for the attack. The fall from above made Swablu move just a little faster though. Now, to Litwick. She wasn't too worried about Litwick, since Treeko used a normal type attack (And she really had no idea why Bee would chose to use such on a ghost type pokemon), so she told Litwick to do what he did before, Minimize. "Alright! Minimize again!" She commanded, and the litwick nodded. The candle began to appear smaller and smaller, even though it wasn't that small in the first place. Hey, it was the next best thing asides from double team. As much as she would love to take out the treeko, she decided that there wasn't too much of a risk. Now, based off what she knew from the contest.. She had a brief idea of what Igglybuff could use, and one of those moves were quite...

Annoying.

"I got this!" Swablu chirped. At least, Clavies was able to understand it. Swablu was really giving it her all, as Litwick was just taunting Treeko with his words. "C'mon now. You can do way better than that." He said, almost smirking. The buneary on her shoulder kept cheering, and Ralts was just sulking inside her own pokeball. Poor Ralts.

Status
Not open for further replies.