Persona. IC and plot. (accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nihil nodded when Osada said he'd drop off the form. "Sounds like a plan." When he mentioned the class thing, she tilted her head. "Oh? I never noticed." Her bored expression was as stoic as ever, along with her words.

"I don't nee-" she cleared her throat. "I mean, I'm fine. But if your class is in the same direction, then there's no point in sending you away, right?" She didn't smile this time, but there was a hint of friendliness in her voice. She tapped her cane on the ground with a 'click' and started to walk out. Well, today sure was interesting.

Reactions: Claire Rose
The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. Valentine saw no one from lunch and wasn't sure how to feel. Yuji, Osada and Kazuo were cute but Osada and Nihil would be a thing. Speaking on Nihil she went from friendly to deadly. Yuji was pretty rude but maybe Val's love could save him from that darkness in his heart. Kazuo hee knew barely anything except under pressure he could be a leader. Kazue well she seemed innocent and sweet. Maybe they could be friends. Jiro liked to kick ass and was a tough cookie. He would make a great ally but would he try to kick Valentine's ass too? He sat in class and thought about everything. Then he remet the stupid fight. He hated fighting to be honest but his father taught him to do it in self defense and in honor. His head fell on to the desk. Why was the first day so chaotic?
"Mr. Ai stay awake." With that he went back to watching the board and teacher.

The final bell rang to release the students out of school. Valentine made his way to his locker setting books into it before he headed to the front of the school. If he left then Yuji and probably everyone would think of him as a scared weakling. He stood there and waitsd for Yuji only hoping he had changed his mind or died or went home. Something anything. He could already hear his father's disappointment. He knew not to strike until struck. Val tried to relax and stay calm as he took deep breaths and kept his nerves at bay. Students rushed out of the building, a few staying behind as they waited for friends.

"Took you long enough Valentine."
Yuji was leaning against the wall of the building a few feet from the instance his arms crossed over his chest, his narrowed gaze focused on Valentine.
He had already removed his glasses and leaning off the wall he walked in Valentine's direction, the same glare he kept on his expression remained as he passed Valentine turning around to face him as he stood right in front of him a few feet away out of his personal space, at least for the time being.
Reaching up he grabbed his shoulder before rotating it backwards doing the same for the other as surprisingly enough the angry expression on his face faded, only to be replaced by a calm one his mouth a straight line as he cracked his neck on one side his gaze falling back on Valentine.
"If you have anything to say Valentine speak with something other than your mouth. I'll extend the same courtesy to you."

Yuji moved his foot back and raised his fists up, the malicious aura he normally tried to keep around himself, the clear agitation and rage along with the wall he built around his being seemed to recede as he readied himself.
Compared to the other times he put his fists up he showed a strange calm in not only his stance but his person, for a moment he almost seemed like a different person but it faded as quick as it came as his personal wall rebuilt itself as he finished getting ready.
"Since we have an audience I'll come at you first that way you have a reason to respond, no matter the result the blame will fall on me so don't hold back."

Yuji sprinted forward closing the distance between himself and Valentine as he tightened his fists slamming his left foot down which caused dust to throw up as he got within range to attack Valentine.
He threw a left hook at Valentine's skull his gaze never leaving Valentine's as his right foot shifted during the punch and he brought his other arm to his side prepared to throw a straight at him in case he dodged or just as a follow through.
He wanted to see what Valentine could do so he didn't want to retreat from his attacks, he'd keep up the pressure at least until he understood what he was going to respond with.
From what Valentine went on about earlier he expected he was going to put up a fight, not that he would hold back even if he didn't.
Yuji's expression didn't change as his whole body seemed to be put into the punch, though he didn't put an immense amount of force into the punch itself, not exactly to hold back but putting force into every one of his attacks would leave him too open, he needed to use openings to land hard hits and underestimating his opponent would make this fight extremely short.
It may have been hard to convey but no amount of malice came from Yuji or his attacks, no anger or anything of the sort, if not for the fact he was clearly attacking Valentine it would seem he was simply conversing with him up close.

Kyo watched the fight from a distance his arms crossed as he watched Yuji and waited for Valentine's reaction, he was curious what the outcome of all this was going to be, though he knew the outcome Yuji wanted. Whether it came true all depended on Valentine, he couldn't help but smile watching the two, seeing this was a rare sight for him.

Kazuo's day went the same as usual; work, daydreams, work, and sleep. He wasn't sure about how to feel about all the new people he met. There was Yuji, the delinquent who didn't seem completely bad. Nihil was pretty cute but also had a scary side and was very prideful. The boy who seemed to eye him creepily seemed to be name valentine. Osada seemed like an idiot but he didn't seem like a bad person either. There was the odd girl who seemed far too innocent for her own good. Finally, there was the weird boy who came with his sister named jiro, he wasn't able to pin any traits onto him just yet.

While making his way out of the school couldn't help but notice the dangerous sight of Yuji right next to Valentine. Despite thinking Yuji was a decent person he didn't need to guess about what was happening. it was a fight. Barely having time to register this fact, Yuji quickly raised his guard to signal the start of the fight. Kazuo was by no means an expert on unarmed fighting but from what it looked like, Yuji had an advantage when it came to street brawls and gave off a more menacing aura with his delinquent status. Valentine on the other hand was a mystery, it seemed like everything was already decided but knowing better, decided not to count him out just yet.

A normal person would be questioning Kazuo as to why he wasn't stopping the fight. Well, there are three reasons for this. One: He didn't want to stop he had know knowledge on, like as to why it was happening. Two: He didn't want to draw unneeded attention to himself. Finally, the third and most important reason: He didn't want to get his ass kicked.

Kazuo's experiencing was next to nothing in fighting other than his secret practice. Whenever he watched a particularly cool moment in an anime or game, he felt the need to be able to fight like they did. The problem with this however is he had no weapons to practice with except for a very large kitchen knife he managed to secretly snatch up. Whenever he got pumped up he would then practice fighting against imaginary enemies and learning how to fight with the weapon.

Unable to do anything but watch, he reluctantly sat still to watch the outcome of the fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rest of the day was fairly uneventful other than the short walk with Osada. There was a refreshing feeling to walking alone, but it really did feel nice to walk with someone else for once, even if she didn't talk to him all that much.

Nihil had been walking on her way out of the school, her cane clicking with each step. She didn't really need it anymore, she only really needed it when her leg started hurting or if she went on for long walks. The problem was, with Osada busting her lock, she couldn't really put it back in her locker. Someone had attempted to steal it last year and she didn't want a repeat, since she needed it for the walk home.

She leisurely strolled over to where she thought Valentine and Yuji would be having their little "duel." Well, she was right, at least. She walked in while Yuji was doing his speech. 'Hmmm, interesting,' she thought as she found a nice spot to take a seat, digging a container of small vanilla cookies out of her messenger bag. She figured she might as well enjoy this. If it looked like someone was on the verge of death, she'd get in the middle of it. Other than that, she'd just watch this was between them, and she assumed Yuji wouldn't stop until he had some sort of closure. And for him, apparently, that had to do with knocking each other out.

Nihil figured that this was better than going home, and with that she ate a cookie.

Another same routine like always, go to class, absorb hatred from other students, wander around the school and receive another anonymous message. The faces that he met today were no different than last time or so his heart tells him. Osada-senpai, his first meeting with him is what he'd expect so no surprises there. Next is Sugiyama-senpai, who for some reason is really fit to win that 'Best Action Girl' of the year, on that note, Jiro wonders if that crazy event will be held again. Then he met Kazue, a sunshine student with somehow a gloomy aura around her, not that he stalks her or anything. Then there was a guy called Kazuo, who seems pretty much the only guy he met today who didn't seem to involve himself in violence.

Jiro is about to go to that special location he always goes to, when he saw a fight going on. A crowd's already formed, in the middle of it is Valentine and the Big rat. He unconsciously dubbed Yuji as the 'Big Rat' since he didn't met or talk with him straight on. A smile formed on Jiro's lips and then shook his head as he walked past the commotion towards his bike. 'It's only the first day' Jiro thought to himself as he clenched his head for a moment, forcing back that side of him.

He opted not to intervene because it seems really personal. As Jiro got on the bike, he took one final glance at Valentine and Yuji's fight "Good luck Val-senpai, and of course you as well Rat-senpai" he muttered as he regained his calm. As he started to get away, he saw Nihil sat down, putting on delighted face. A sigh erupted from him, as Jiro sped away towards 'that' location.

Valentine resd every movement that Yuji did. He shook his head slightly andd grabbed his left hook with his left hand. To dodge the other hit that would come he moved to the left side of Yuji and let go of his hand before moving his left arm across his throat. He then moved behind him putting the other in a choke hold, he kissed Yuji's cheek and grinned. With his left foot he hit the back of Yuji's left knee and with his right elbow he hit the other's right shoulder to make him fall. Val released Yuji from the choke hold so he could fall and he took. A few steps away to make sure he wasn't in direct fire.

"You moves are obvious. Should of used your leg to hit mine and sweep me off of my feet causing me to fall. Then you could of kicked me or even pinned me down to repeatedly hit me. If I were you make you moves less obvious or you won't win." Valentine shrugged. "Want to continue or go at it another day? Might have to improve yourself."

Osada's day wasn't anything special after the walk back to class, just the typical nose to the grindstone bit that come with studying at school, but soon the bell rung to signal the end of the day. On his way out, he wondered what he should practice today. Off the rope moves? His Suplex technique? Oh...or maybe his gimmick? Osada was all stars in his eyes till the realization dawned on him that he was going home to practice. "...Wonder if could practice in a park or somethin..." Just then he heard a commotion from outside. Looking out pass Gekkoukan's front doors, a crowd had gathered to look at fight that had broken out near the the front gate between...Yuji and Valentine!? "Aw shit..." Osada made a break towards the crowd as quickly as he could. He didn't see who started it, but he damn well knew he was going to end it. Pushing through the bodies to get in the middle where the action was, Yuji and Valentine were swinging fists and feet, trying to each land a hit on each other, as is natural with fights. He put his pointer and thumb together in his mouth and blew so that he could get the two morons attentions with a whistle. And then came the suprise...a double arm clothesline to both of them as Osada charged at the pair.

Nihil was just planning on sitting back and enjoying the fight. Better let them get it out of their systems. When Valentine smooched Yuji, she shivered. Nihil couldn't even imagine being pinned down like that, even if it was just a kiss on the cheek. To be honest, she thought it was really creepy, especially from someone who was practically a stranger. She shook her head for a second, then shouted, "C'mon Yuji! I know you can kick his ass!" Well, if Valentine did get a beating, he only got what was coming to him. That smooch was completely unwarranted.

She suddenly heard the familiar voice of a certain idiot. Oh no. Not this shit again. She got up, laying the box of cookies on the ground and using her cane for support. "Osada!" she shouted, "Don't do-" Too late. He had already pushed through the crowd. Nihil ran up after him, "Osada, stop it!" Well, that did nothing, he had already charged. She stood there contemplating whether she should try to knock him out, since she assumed he would just accidentally hurt instead of help.

Yuji watched Valentine's movement though he didn't expect to get pulled into a hold by the man, he admitted that he wasn't a half bad fighter especially getting him into a choke hold, he was looking forward to the rest of this fight. His expression didn't even change as he kissed his cheek but it was at the moment he realized something shortly after he was knocked to the ground.
Valentine was misunderstanding this situation.
He slowly stood up as Valentine spoke to him his words only adding to this realization which destroyed what this whole matter was.
Yuji brushed off the front of his clothing as he heard someone yell in their direction, it sounded like Nihil but it was hard to be absolutely positive with all the noise around him.
He took out his glasses case and grabbing his glasses placed them back on his face before he heard a whistle come from the crowd, pushing his glasses up he wondered if it was a teacher as he walked towards Valentine his arms lowered one hand in his pocket.
He noticed Osada rushing at them but didn't break his stride nor show any rush of movement and with a heavy sigh he pushed Valentine out of the way of the clothesline before ducking under one of the arms turning around to face Valentine.
The aura of malice and the irritability immediately returned to him as he shook his head before turning towards the crowd.
"Shut the fuck up you annoying bastards!" Yuji exclaimed. "You never seen two people have a damn conversation before!"

Yuji let out long exhale and turning started walking towards Valentine.
"I told you to speak with something other than your mouth...and it seems like you did Valentine," Yuji said. "I understand one thing at least, you talk too damn much."
Yuji walked past him shoving his hands into his pocket as he headed towards the gate.
"This is over, go back to your lives. I don't care if you say Valentine won."
Kyo watched Yuji walk off and sighed a little crossing his arms as he watched him leave, his back just a little smaller than usual as he put distance between himself and the people.
"Words between strangers are meaningless," Kyo said walking up to Valentine. "Kyo has believed that for long as I've known him. Strange as it is he prefers to speak to a person by fighting them. Says in the heat of that moment it's hard to lie to each other...and well...you pretty much just spit in his face."
Kyo patted Valentine on the shoulder as he walked after Yuji.
"Seems you might understand less then you think Valentine if you couldn't pick up that."
Kyo raised his hand to him as he jogged after Yuji who had stopped to wait for Kyo before the two walked out of the school together.

Valentine stood there a bit dumbfounded. He looked at Osada. "You're lucky he pushed me out of the way. But I don't understand Yuji. How do we talk through fighting? I guess there is more to him then we see." Val looked at Nihil and smiled. "Good thing you've recovered. Well I bet that was fun to watch until this meat head interrupted." He said looking at Osada. Maybe it was a good thing that they had been interrupted, maybe it was bad. Val shrugged and exited the building after giving the two a wave. Today had been interesting but it had confused the hell out of Valentine.

The male finally made it home and took a shower to relax. Once he made it into his room he chrckedd his phone and saw a text had been received. Val looked at it and began to read. 'Some say this church is more than meets the eye. At night special events occur and the door is unlocked. Only those who accept themselves can truly learn the truth and solve the puzzle.' Val tossed his phone on his bed. Just a spam text. Another text was received and he looked at it. 'You have been chosen to be one of the few to save this town. Come to Hikari no kyōkai tonight and awaken your true potential. ~S' He stared at his phone before once again tossing it down and he got on his laptop. "Time to check and see if I have any emails. Hope that dating site worked. Dating gay teen sounded legit." Val said softly.

Reactions: DNA
The rest of the school day was surprisingly uneventful for Kazue, much like the first half. Maybe for some reason the first years at this school were all really chill and as people got older they got more easily riled up? She always heard it was the opposite (and that was certainly true at her old school) how odd. In any case her first day at her new school went pretty well, it was a little bit weird around lunch but oh well. Her peers may be rather eccentric and, well, violent but they didn't seem bad. Those were her thoughts as she walked out of the school only to see the group from lunch (more or less) at it again! Though it seems like they were pretty much finished up. Geeze.
"You guys just don't know how to play nice do you?" Kazue spoke up, walking towards the group.

"You're all a bunch of idiots," Nihil stated when she got to the group. She winced. Looks like she got up too quickly. Damn.

She watched Yuji and Kyo say their piece. She had time to deal with the rest of them. Nihil sighed and shook her head when they left. "I told you he would've preferred to fight rather than make out," she muttered to Valentine. Then her attention shifted on idiot supreme. She glared at him.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" she shouted at Osada. "You fucking doofus! You know you could've gotten really hurt! This is Yuji we're talking about, and you don't know anything about Valentine! He could've been a fighting pro or something!" Nihil's face was growing redder. "I thought you were going to get seriously injured! I was ready to run in there and club both of them! I even hurt myself getting up!" Nihil angrily clacked her hiking staff on the ground once after that last statement. After letting loose on him, she calmed down a bit. She noticed the crowd had shifted their gaze from Valentine to her. After all, she was the 'Demon Lord'. "I. I just. You did something nice for me, earlier today. With that 'rat'. So I wanted to repay the favor. That's it. Really." Nihil sighed and her voice returned to its typical, flat state. She started speaking softly enough for only Osada to hear. "Don't do something like that again anytime soon, okay?"

Once that was over, she shook her head and rested her hand on her face. "God, I really need to go get some ice cream right now..."

It had been a fairly average day for Tsuta; wake up, check on Jinta, get ready for the day, try not to fight someone for the slightest comments, think of ridiculously sadistic ways of hurting them, and read a book when the urge was getting to strong. All in all a perfectly normal day for the Rosette. The only thing even remotely interesting was the fact that he was only one of the new students. Their was one in particular whose name interested him quite a bit.

'Valentine Ai, huh sounds a little familiar. Wonder what he looks like, maybe he's a fighter?'

His internal questions were soon answered by the rumour mill of the school, the only actually reliable source of information in the school aside from a textbook. Hell even those were biased. He was glad for his mostly nondescript look and quiet attitude since it allowed him to almost blend into the background without bringing the annoying drama of being the new kid. He went through the normal routine of any school day before until he heard about the upcoming fight. It was no small secret that he liked to be around the fights, many which are caused by some guy called Fuji, as he always seemed to find them. It took little to no time to find out where the fight was happening.

As he walked he put on his old brass knuckles, just in case he had to actually jump in. Though it was more like if the urge to jump into the fight just for the fun of it was too strong to resist. He was lucky to arrive just in time to see the fight start, though he stayed quiet and relatively hidden. Valentine seemed to be toying with Fuji, a fact made quite clear by the teasing kiss to the cheek he gave to other boy. He laughed a bit at that one.

It was only a few moments after he had gotten home that he got a text telling him to go to the church, the one that he thought had been abandoned a while ago. Tsuta began thinking about anything he had to do in particular that day and managed to come up mostly empty, he only needed to make sure Jinta ate and he could leave.

As he was cooking, he decided to check check the gay dating site he had joined to see if he gotten any replies from the two guys he had actually contacted. He was surprised when he realised he had messaged a guy with Valentine in his name, but shrugged it off as a coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Celestial Scorpio
The Church looked massive than it was in the distance, he's not being stupid, it's just really big. Jiro just arrived in front of the church mainly because he went back to school to get some supplies. That means he witnessed the whole affair of Nakajima and Valentine. He looked at his phone, wondering if he should delete that video he recorded earlier, he even recorded Nihil's and Osada's conversation. As to why he actually did it; he wants no part of that fight and at the same time waiting for the crowd to disperse because he might hit someone by mistake. As it was long he brought out his phone. 'It was only gonna be a picture' he thought to himself but Jiro wants to convince himself that it wasn't a blackmail tool and the video was created.

The phone received a message and vibrated in his hand, shaking him out of his thoughts. The sender is the same Anonymous person who keeps sending him blank or one jumbled word this past week but now it seems like a full message:

"Darkness draws off the light, come seek the death beneath the hope. The bells are forever ringing, the cries echoing within the endless deep. Seek them and find hope, explore the deep and receive the reward. Awake from your sleep my beloved..."

He got off his bike and stared at it for one hour, trying to understand the gibberish he just received. The last part of the message was normal, it was like a signature of some sort. All of the blank messages that he receive has that ending, as obvious as it is, it's still a random gibberish. Jiro took out a notebook and wrote the message in it, dubbing it the 'Ambiguous Message 1'. He always receives a message whenever he comes close to the doors of the church. Seems like it's close for today or is it? Either way, Jiro didn't want to explore more than necessary. This place is creepy and strange even for him. With a sigh, he got on his bike again and sped towards home.

Once at doors of his house, "Here we go again, I haven't told them I'm coming home...but they probably know that I'm here already" Jiro gave another sigh as he opened the massive doors. Several maids welcomed him. He clenched his fist as he went in.

• Love
Reactions: Celestial Scorpio
Valentine saw he had a message and smiled. The guy's name was Tsuta and he was pretty cute. A buzz was heard and Val checked his phone and saw a blank text just signed ~S again. He wondered what these meant and he googled churches that resided in the town. Shockingly enough there was thhe church that was mentioned. He raised an eyebrow as he read up on it and smiled. A creepy church sounded like a place to be. Val replied to Tsuta 'want to go check out a church tonight?' The only reason he even suggested that was because this other guy was on the area.

Valentine waited for a reply and even if the other didn't want to go he would just go alone. He walked to his closet and pulled out some normal clothes. He was still in the uniform that was forced upon for school. He quickly changed into a plain dark purple T-shirt, some dark blue jeans that had studded light pink hearts on the back pockets. Val headed to his kitchen to start cooking diner, his father still gone.

Last edited:
Osada charged at the pair who were fighting, both arms with the intent to clothesline them both. However with Yuji pushing Valentine out of the way and him ducking the clothesline, Osada ended up just running past them. "Huh what the h- *Thud* Right into the campus wall. "Ahh...crap I think I just...ahh" The pain was sharp, but otherwise there was no injury. The same can't be said about his pride however as his charge and a miss got more than a few laughs out of the students watching the fight. Osada was back on his feet just in time to hear Nihil scolding him. Sure he listened to every word, but he wasn't sure he why she was so riled up and her face so red. "Calm down Nihil, I practice for fights all the time. Two guys punching me wouldn't have done as much damage as me getting hit in the back with a chair." He rubbed the side of his head to try and massage the pain away, but it wasn't really helping. He needed to get his mind off this incident. Then Nihil mentioned Ice Cream which was perfect for his bruised head and pride. "Hey that sounds like fun, let's go get some before we go home alright?"

Kazue pouted. Her clever quip was seemingly ignored! But she did get to see Osada run right into the wall and that was pretty funny. Though her laughter was cut short by Nihil's seriousness. She was right though, and that's why Kazue didn't want anyone fighting in the first place. But everyone slowly started to dissipate so it was clear nothing bad happened so all's well that end's well. Kazue was considering leaving herself until there were mentions of ice cream.
"Oooh! Ice cream?" She asked. "You guys are getting ice cream? I want some! Can I go too?!"

"Just because you can do something, that doesn't mean that you should," Nihil told Osada. "Are you sure you aren't hurt?"

Nihil seemed embarrassed by his suggestion. "Ah, well, I wouldn't really mind. I typically go out and get some after school, so I mean if it's okay with yo-" Then Kazue butted in. Nihil was tempted to outright reject her, but that face. You can't say no to those eyes. She was ruining potential alone time, but Nihil was more comfortable in a small group than one on one anyway. She sighed. "Well, I have a ton of ice cream at home so I was just going to walk there, but if you want we can all go out, my treat."

"Did i hear ice cream?" Poked his head into the conversation eager for both food, and eager to see the embarassed side of Nihil again?

"if it's too much i can always just pay for myself but still come along." even though he was generally not very social, he still liked the idea of harassing Nihil, and the more energetic girl seemed decent enough, if not a tad annoying. Another bonus was ruining any chance of alone time with her and the guy named Osada and get to know him a bit better so i didn't have a general dislike for him as i currently do.

Status
Not open for further replies.