Persona. IC and plot. (accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like that Kazue was the only one left at the table. She figured that Osada just left to go investigate all that commotion and would be back soon but still... Hm. She was starting to get kind of curious as to what was going on... So she decided to finish her meal and then go check on things as well! After all lunch was ending soon anyway, right? Right. So after another minute or so of finishing off her plate she stood up, set her dirty tray with the others and made her way to where everyone else was.

What she saw did not sit well with her at all. "Are you all fighting? Why are you guys fighting that's not nice what if you all get really hurt or in trouble! You guys need to stop fighting!"

• Love
Reactions: Celestial Scorpio
Valentine looked at Osada then Yuji to Kazuo the Nihil. "Uh. Do I have to?" He grumbled and held Nihil under the arm's closer to her body. It would help prevent her from lashing out as bad. "I am only doing this because she is my friend... and you called me pretty." He also didn't want the two to fall and he basically had to catch Nihil. Val looked at Yuji. "Well just so you know being nice is a good quality to have. It is pretty attractive. And Osada being a hero is cute and all but could you be a dear and go get her cane. I do not want to die right now. Sure being in the same hall with cute guy's is nice but not if she kills us." Valentine began to move towards the infirmary but heard and saw Kazue."Wait? Did you leave Kazue alone? You're not very gentlemanly." He said softly to Osada. "Anyways Nihil I am sorry but if you want to kick our asses for being nice then do it. Just know that it makes you look too conceited to get help. That will lead people to believe you're stupid." Within a few minutes they managed to get Nihil to the nurse. They laid her down on a bed and called the wom... male nursee over. The cute male nurse. "Oh uhm yeah she is hurting. Leg. Cute. Man overload." Valentine had seen enough pretty guys today and his head was about to burst. He quickly left the infirmary to get some air.

Last edited:
Yuji squeezed the bridge of his nose as he listened to Nihil go off on all three of them, he was seriously regretting just going about his business and ignoring them but he was already committed to this so like it or not she was about to get moved.
When Osada appeared seemingly out of nowhere and ran at them he brought a hand to his face seeing the small group was slowly getting bigger, and with him asking what was going on Yuji didn't even know where to start.
He lowered his hand as he picked up Kazuo's voice and looked over at him as his personality seemed to take a complete turn, he stared at him his eyes narrowed in a slightly sleepy gaze as he grabbed Nihil by her bottom.
At that point Yuji pull his glasses back out before putting them back on his face, pushing them up as he listened to Valentine speak to them, his eye twitching as he commented on his appearance...again.
Yuji made a fist but as his gazed landed on Kazue he lowered his fist seeing yet another person was joining their group, it was basically a crowd now.
"Personally I think she is stupid Valentine," Yuji said shaking his head. "I'm not being nice Valentine, I'm not starting a fight like this, it ain't even worth it. Be like punching a child just wouldn't feel right."
Yuji walked past the four making his way towards the infirmary.
"You came a horrible time Hairbands, I'd recommend just walking away from this," Yuji said to Kazue before glancing back at the group." I don't like teachers so you deal with her whatever Osada I'll accompany them to the nurse's office,"
Yuji turned back around seeing Kazuo was taking care of the situation, though he wasn't about to talk to a teacher because he was asked too.
"Sugiyama I'll make this clear now I don't nor want to understand you. Screw your pride and screw your attitude while we're at it, we can go back to being strangers once this is dealt with. Hell I'll even fight you after but right now your friends are concerned about you, just suck it up and deal with it."
Yuji turned fully back around and waited for the others before accompanying them to the nurse's office.

Once they were inside the infirmary Yuji grabbed a chair and sat a feet from the bed crossing his arms as he waited for Nihil to be treated.
Once they got her settled he'd leave and go to one of his napping spots until school ended, he didn't need to stick around for the rest of it, personally he didn't have to stick around for this but not finishing what he started was an irritating though so he decided to wait.

Reactions: DNA and Claire Rose
It took a few seconds to defuse the situation, but after everyone got there marching orders from Yuji it was all clam at Gekkoukan like the incident had never happened in the first place. While Osada went off to find Nihil's walking stick or whatever it was, it left Osada alone with his thoughts as he got bitter at Yuji. "Dammit Yuji...you don't see it, or maybe you do and don't choose to acknowledge till then, but when you really put your mind to it you can turn chaos into order with just a few words. With that talent, you could be captain of the soccer team...or one of the clubs... or hell even a gang of delinquents. It would be a pain in the ass to fight you everyday, but at least you could be doing something with your life besides looking at the back of your eyelids all day." Osada just let these thoughts stew in his mind till he found what people said was Nihil's locker...his last thoughts on the issue was "Dammit Yuji...what happened to between when we were kids and now?"

Through less than subtile methods, Osada eventually got the walking stick out of Nihil's walker. He'll have to remember that he owes her a new padlock after this whole mess is done. The walking stick itself wasn't anything special and out of the ordinary...except for the strange spike at the bottom of it. It reminded Osada of those pointed sticks that the school would give to students to pick up litter with. Odd, but irrelevant to the situation at hand he had to make his way back to the infirmary.

"Okay...I found the walking stick." Osada said after he slid the door to the infirmary open to see everyone involved was there...even Yuji. Normally he would leave to...not important right now. He placed the walking stick on a besides a night stand that was in arms reach of the infirmary bed. Looking the around the room, he saw that everyone was trying not to stare too much at Nijil who laid exhausted on the bed with the one exception being Yuji who sat in one of the chair with a stare that a father give his child to signify that they were in trouble. Osada was standing around the bed like everyone else was, but Osada tried to keep Yuji in his line of sight just so he could wonder more about the boy he was once childhood friends with...

Nihil was silent as she was dragged off to the infirmary. There were vague hints of memories resurfacing- times of her being carried around or pushed in a wheelchair. She just kept looking down, keeping that shocked expression on her face from when she was slapped. Everything was so familiar yet foreign at the same time. She didn't really know what to think, even after she had taken her pills and was resting on the bed. Nihil was staring up at the ceiling, her hands resting on her stomach, fingers intertwined with each other. Her leg pain was subsiding. She just kept staring with that same, blank expression, only breaking it to blink. Well, she wasn't staring at the ceiling. She was more of staring past the ceiling into nothing. She hadn't said a single word. She didn't know what to say.

Nihil was lost in her thoughts. She knew she could be a prick but was she really that bad? She sure did cause a lot of commotion in that angry state. She couldn't believe she actually lost her cool there. She almost wished she didn't meet these guys. Everything was a mess. Things would be better if she just stayed out of people's lives. She should've just refused to help Valentine this morning. That was the catalyst. Everyone else would be better off right now, not worrying about her. Nihil absolutely hated it when people worried about her. Everyone else probably had better things to do than worry about her of all people.

When Osada laid the hiking stick down, she finally spoke. It was long and drawn out, as if she were having a hard time talking. On top of that, the words that came out were barely audible. "Thanks, Osada."

She still didn't move from her position, still looking up at the ceiling. Then she spoke again. "Why are you all still here?" she asked out loud. People didn't normally stay around. They typically helped her as quickly as they could and moved on, doing whatever it was they'd rather be doing. After the accident, Nihil had just been a burden to most. She cleared her throat.

"You can leave if you want to. Don't feel sorry for me," she paused, "We can just pretend this never happened, that none of it ever happened. You don't have to stay around me anymore." She remembered how she thrashed and screamed everywhere. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm... Well, me. You can leave if you want."

Her face was still blank, and she never changed her view of that ceiling.

Jiro got back to the third floor in less than a minute, probably because of his athleticism. He went inside a the room where he was earlier and settle down at one of the tables and began to draw. After awhile, the door slammed open. Miral-nee appeared looking pissed, another sigh escaped him. She was 3 inches taller than him and sported a normal and plain uniform despite being part of the student council.

"Hey, Ji-kun, come with me" Her voice was so commanding and unnaturally kind, it gave Jiro the shivers but didn't move an inch towards her. He was so close to finishing a sketch of a castle. Miral stepped closer towards Jiro, "We've got no time, come on!" stopping right beside him. Jiro stood up and faced her "You really like to do things on a whim, don't you?" Jiro spoke in a bored voice but packed his things up and walked towards the door.
"If only it was a whim..."
"So where did the fight occur this time?"
"It's not a fight.."
Jiro pointed at himself.
"To hold me back!"
'To hold her back?' Jiro thought and came up with the answer pretty damn fast. Then thinking about it some more, he knows just exactly where they were going, sort of. Once they were in the hallway, Miral is cracking her fists the same when she's about to fight. "I thought it wasn't a fight?" Jiro asked out of curiosity and Miral turned towards him and once again gave an unnatural smile.

"So...here we are" Miral announced in bored tone and Jiro checked the room from the outside, it was the infirmary. Miral gestured Jiro to go inside, a sigh was released before he held the handle of the door. "Excuse me" he opened the door and saw the same gang he ate with plus one. Nihil is lying on the bed and the others have looks on their faces that are...quite un-explainable at moment. The male nurse immediately noticed Jiro and rushed him, "Ah Shikaku, could you retrieve this, from the room you were always in? We ran out of supplies" the nurse gave him a piece of paper and he inspected it. "The infirmary actually ran out of high-painkillers? So how many did she send in today?" Jiro asked as pointed a finger at Miral. The nurse gave no reply and raised ten fingers, another sigh erupted from Jiro.

"Alright, anything else?" Jiro asked as he gave his bag to Miral, the latter giving him a happy look. "Ah, some fresh bandages as well, the stock that we have right now, there are some with blood prints on and some were quite used." the nurse answered back while preparing things for Nihil.
Before Jiro could take off, Miral handed him a paper. It is a complaint letter, probably one of the older faculty. "The one of the guys who gave me that complaint letter wanted to have gave a sermon to the stud--", he gave it back and muttered "Read the atmosphere, nee-san. Just wait outside, I'll be back soon". With that Jiro took off with Miral shocked but not surprised, following him out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Claire Rose
"i may have went a bit overboard..." Kazuo thought to himself, sighing as he watched the face of Nihil who was being unnaturally docile in comparison to her earlier actions.

Before long however she showed some signs of actually being conscious with her apology, feeling even more guilty about the event with it. Kazuo could only awkwardly watch the wall as he listened, his unnaturally strong empathy getting the better of him once again.

When met with the question of why he was still there he paused for a moment in thought to truly discern his feelings, not wanting to give the wrong idea and also not used to expressing his emotions verbally. He did however give a a glance at the other two, not sure about their reasons.

Before being able to answer, another pair of strangers barged in, immediately talking about medication with the two, as well as the woman getting cut off from her lecture by her younger brother that was around Kazuo's age. With the lecture stalled for now he returned his attention back to Nihil

"Um...well, i'm here because i just want to make sure that you're alright myself." Kazuo slowly managed to get out after thinking it over, giving a nod of approval to the comment deciding that was the best way to put it, ignoring the fact he was about to get told off by the woman." If you think about it, this whole thing was my fault to start with, randomly stopping you like that." he stated, s far as he was aware he was in fact the problem by bringing yuji along to make things worse for her. "Anyways...sorry, i went to far but that's because i didn't want you to see you hurt yourself anymore." He said, looking away with his eyes, unable look straight at her out of guilt, blushing slightly embarrassment and scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

Pausing for another moment Kazuo sheepishly pulled out the book he had brought along to school and set it on the bed to her side, trying to use it as an offering of peace.

"Here, you can read this whenever you're bored if you like it. It's it's the classic fantasy medieval stuff so...yeah." explained Kazuo, glossing over the other details to avoid going crazy with the description, going back to being silent.

Yuji remained silent through the entire scene from the moment he had sat down, eventually he closed his eyes deciding to wait until Nihil feel asleep or at least showed she had calmed down. He wasn't sure where Valentine went but judging by his speech something was bothering him and he wasn't about to question it.
His eye twitched as that left Kazue and himself alone in the room with her aside from the nurse since Osada was getting her walking stick.
Yuji was positive Nihil and Vaelntine were friends so why the hell were the two of them in the room with Nihil right now instead of him.
The silence that followed made time almost slow to a crawl, no one in the room seemed to speak and Kazue just seemed to stare at her in silence, he almost threatened him to say something, crack a joke, insult her whatever worked this silence was starting to piss him off.
He opened his eyes when Osada came in with her walking stick and broke the silence in the room, something he was grateful for though he didn't voice or show it. He figured that would fix things and break the silent but then he had Osada looking in his direction accompanied by the silence once more, he was seriously starting to question why he was still sitting here, at least until Nihil spoke.
He glanced over in her direction as he listened to her thank Osada and then speak again, the anger that was there a moment ago was gone, and the anger and pain on her face replaced by a blank expression, Yuji wasn't sure what to discern from this but even Kyo mentioned this expression was normal.
He supposed this was Nihil being her normal self, or at least returning to it partially.

Yuji wasn't sure what to say to her question or her words, thus he didn't mind when the two strangers walked into the room, one apparently named Shikaku and the other his sister. It seemed Shikaku understood whatever their personal discussion was about, now wasn't the time for it, which meant it was pretty clear something was going in the room.
When they left he was surprised to see Kazue speak first, his attitude change vanishing almost as quickly as Nihil's, he started to question his present company's mental state but then again he started a fight the other day over someone's hair so he didn't really have a right to judge.
"It isn't your whole fault Hashira," Yuji said closing his eyes again as he laid the book down."I'd say me getting in her face didn't help...and her own stubbornness might be it as well."
Yuji opened his eyes and looked over at Nihil before a long sigh escaped from him as he turned his attention forward again remembering the question.

"This is the most productive thing I've done all day, I decided to listen to my counselor for once and do something aside from truancy," Yuji said shrugging as he responded to her question with a shrug. "It'd be lie if I answered with that though. I don't have to feel sorry or have a reason to help Sugiyama. You seemed like you needed help so I offered nothing else too it. Having an excuse isn't necessary all the time, that's what your gut is for."
Yuji stood up from his seat and shoved his hands in his pockets turning his back to everyone.
"Anyway you got enough people here to help you so I'm leaving," Yuji said glancing back at them. "By the way Sugiyama I don't know what the hell you're talking about with all this pretending nonsense, I just came in here to skip my class, I haven't seen anything, especially you three." Yuji said before walking towards the door a small yawn escaping from him as he did so.
He pulled his hand out and put his hand on the knob but stopped before he opened it.
"Sugiyama don't apologize, makes it seem like you did something wrong. Far as I can tell you haven't done anything I wouldn't do myself. When you feel better come find me if you still wanna fight."
With that Yuji opened the door and walked out closing it behind him, he took a deep breath before closing his eyes and ruffling his hair.
"Valentine," Yuji said assuming he was still outside. "Go do your damn job as her friend and be with her, you're doing something wrong if a 'delinquent' like me is with your friend instead of you."
Yuju turned not bothering to look in his direction as he made his way down the hall, his gaze did move to the 'nee-san' for a moment before he turned his attention forward continuing without another word.
"I might transfer is this becomes a common thing," Yuji muttered.

Valentine watched people come and go. He looked at Yuji who told him to go in there and he nodded. He just needed some fresh air. His brain felt like it couldn't handle all the attractive guy's. He took in a few deep breaths before walking back in. Nihil was on the bed and everyone else seemed to stand there or sit near here. Val decided he would say some things before going. He would love to stay but Nihil was pretty upset with him. He walked over and smiled. "I am glad you're ok. Now a lecture may not be what you want but here you go. The next time your leg starts acting up get help because let's say one day it's just you and a guy. Y'all are about to fight and your leg acts up. He let's say.. leaves because he thought he did something. You're now without your cane, a hurt leg and no one is around. Knowing you you'd go after the guy but wait. You then fall to the ground and can't walk. What would you do? I don't think crawling after him or crawling to help would be fun. Everyone has their limits and if we push ourselves past them we can get ourselves in a shit ton of trouble. You could die even. So pride isn't always the way to go. I don't think of you any less. I just don't want you getting hurt beyond the point of no return and if that is looking down upon you then I guess I look down upon everyone I care about."

Valentine looked at everyone else. "And that goes to all of you. If you have a problem and have limits acknowledge them. I don't want to see anyone on the news or disappear for a week in the hospital. Got it?" With that he smiled. "I really would like to stay but everything seems under control now and I think Nihil wouldn't want this many people crowding her." He wuickly left the infirmary. After his little speech he would go after Yuji. He walked in the direction he went off to and found him going up the stairs to the second floor. "Yuji wait." He was going to solve this problem why he was at it.

It took Jiro a couple of minutes to complete his task, mainly due to the fact that he forgot to ask clarification for something. Not a problem, he just has to bring them both. After making sure that he got everything needed in a box, he started off. Jiro was sure he met someone by the stairwell, but didn't greet or paid attention, his task at the moment has greater importance. When he got down to first floor he met with Valentine who was rushing out, Jiro side stepped in time to avoid Valentine's path.

Miral was in the same position he left earlier, leaning on wall near perpendicular to the entrance of the infirmary. As he approached her, Miral seems to be lost in thought, staring off into space. "Rare for you to daydream." Jiro said as he completely stopped in front of the door. "Ah, Well I just saw who he is. Kinda cute if I say so myself." a little giggle emerged from her. Jiro's response was sigh and then he continued "Mind if you open the door." Miral nodded and opened the door.

Inside there were less people than before, Valentine and Nakajima were gone. But that strange atmosphere haven't vanished yet. Jiro placed the box he was carrying on one of the beds and called for the nurse. "Ah, Shikaku, you're back. Let's see here.." the nurse checked the contents of the box and saw multiple pain killers. The nurse brought it up, one's a pill bottle, the other's a syrup bottle. Jiro saw that the nurse paled, he was about to gave a sigh but Miral beat her to it. "Ji-kun, are you trying to make for a joke?" Miral said while barely suppressing her anger. "Why? It's still a pain killer yeah?" Jiro asked the nurse, and the latter just nodded his head. "Shikaku, I think just the pills are okay. But this syrup version is...how to say it...ah it's strong enough to knock out anyone within 5 minutes of dosage and put them in heavy sleep. I'm sure she had classes in the afternoon so the syrup version is a no." the nurse gave a little explanation. Since Jiro's a little dense on that side he didn't understand, so he just nodded his head.

"Can I continue what I said about earlier" Miral said to Jiro as they took a spot in one of the corners of the room.
"About the complaint letter? Let me guess, someone has to take the blame no matter what, right?
"True, however, not just anyone this time. People saw you going upstairs earlier so you're out, that means it's one of them." She indicated the group that Jiro was eating lunch with.
"...Give me the letter" he asked in a calm way and Miral responded with a shrug as she gave the letter. He took it and went to Osada's side, giving him the letter.

"Osada-senpai, please handle this complaint letter. I don't know who just shouted earlier, apparently one of the staff is asking for an explanation. Since you're the only third year here who's still able to move." Jiro said in calm tone as he stood up and was about to go but once again the nurse stopped him. "Ah, Shikaku, another favor. Stay here and help me clean this place up, if I remember correctly, you have the rest of the day free right? If so stay." rather than a favor, it's more like an order. Another sigh as Miral waved her good-bye.

"What would you have me do?" the nurse pointed at the box. Jiro nodded as he unpacked and sorted the supplies and medicines. Afterwards, the nurse nudged him and told him to play his piece here. Left with no choice, he went to his bag and brought the same flute he was using all through out the day.

Before playing he said "This is a new composition of mine, and someone is practically angry with me for playing." with the latter directed at Nihil. He put the flute near his mouth and played, the tune is soothing enough that it practically dispersed the weird atmosphere.

Osada was so lost in his thoughts, that he'd almost missed the thank you that Nijil gave him. He tried not to sound flabbergasted at the sudden thanks. "Huh!?...Oh yeah...uh no problem. Just trying to help." The room was almost deathly quiet as all eyes were on Nijil, sitting comatose in the infirmary bed. Osada hated the silence and it didn't help that he felt somewhat responsible for what happend, he just had to say his peace. "Say ahh...Nijil...I guess I owe you a apology for the whole incident. If I didn't tell that stupid story you wouldn't ha- I mean I wasn't trying to be an ass. I just thought if I could make the story as ridiculous as possible I thought I could get you to laugh..." That's when Osada stopped thinking and started to feeling...so to speak. Without thinking, Osada got close to Nihil on the bed and gave her a hug. The hug went on for about three seconds till Osada's brain kicked in and he realized that maybe hugging her after all this wasn't the best idea. He immediately broke contact and stood straight with his hands in the air like someone asked him to freeze. "ACK! Sorry Sorry!"

And without missing a beat, a student had place a letter between his fingers. "Huh?" He took the letter and skimmed through the letter as student was describing its contents about how the teachers wanted an explanation for what happened. All that Osada could do was scratch his head. "Uhh...well can't we just say it was that someone saw like a big rat or something and it scared them?"

Yuji tried to put as much distance between himself and the infirmary as possible, he intended on forgetting every face and that entire moment as soon as possible. Osada ended up staring at him and he wasn't about to engage in anything close to a conversation with him, he didn't know Nihil and was going to keep it that way she'd return to her normal self, whatever that was, eventually and everything would go back to normal.
He wasn't sure what to think about Kazuo, the kid didn't seem all that bad but he apparently had a mean streak so long as he didn't try to repay any favor and ignored him he was fine with that.
He wasn't sure who Shikaku or his sister was and he was keeping it that way so no harm there, Valentine however he had to deal with later so among all of them he was the only one he actually had to purposely see again.
Which when he heard his voice being called and turned to see Valentine, his eyes narrowing not pleased he had to see him sooner than he wanted.

Turning Yuji walked down the stairs until he reached the bottom floor, removing his glasses he put them in his case as he closed the distance between them stopping roughly a foot away away from him.
Wasn't he supposed to be standing near Nihil now, doing things friends normally did when their comrade was in a bed on medication.
Yuji wasn't sure what exactly to say about that as he stared at Valentine, he was starting to wonder if the two of them weren't really friends, since he was standing here...instead of there.
"Valentine it's hard to pretend this matter never happened if we're still talking to one another," Yuji said motioning back and forth between them. "Did you come to settle our problem with each other now, I was going to wait but if you're ready I am."
Yuji moved his foot back and put his fists up as he waited for Valentine to get ready.
"Hurry up Valentine once classes start we're going to get interrupted."

Valentine sighed. "First I do not want to fight. I only seek to solve whatever this is?" He said motioning between them. "Yuji I have no problem with you. And I don't see why you have a problem with me. You gave me an attitude and I merely reacted to it this morning. Everyone won't let you treat them poorly and some will retaliate. Honestly you seem like a brat and full of bullshit. I just lectured Nihil and now it's your turn. We don't have to be friends, that is completely fine but I won't let you threaten me and my friends. Because if you piss me off and hurt the ones I care about." He moved closer. "I will crush you. You think you're tough by threatening everyone but I see that as weakness. If someone can't handle something in a civil manor then they are weak and quite frankly disgusting. If this was the real world many would have beat the living shit out of you and left you for dead. Luckily this is high school."

Valentine grabbed Yuji by the shirt and gave him a good smack leaving a red handprint on his cheek. "That was only a smack, I can hit pretty hard too. My father played many sports and practiced many fighting techniques. He taught me a thing or two but I only use it as self defence. Not to bully people." He shoved him and let go of Yuji's shirt. "Still want to fight then meet me out front after school but like I said. I will crush you." His tone was serious and even as he spoke andd lectured Yuji. Val began to head to the infirmary but the bell for the next class rang. Shoot he looked at his schedule and headed to his classroom.

Nihil didn't really pay much mind to Jiro barging in. She was focusing more on the other people in the room. Mainly Kazuo, since he was the one who spoke up first.

"Don't worry about me, Kazuo," she said in her usual monotone voice, "and just forget this ever even happened, like I said before." She listened to him talking about not wanting her to get hurt. "Like I said, don't worry about me anymore." She was somewhat surprised about the book thing, but she figured it was his way of apologizing. She sighed, thinking she probably wouldn't be able to make him take it back. "I'll be sure to read it." Nihil wasn't one for novels, she preferred plays. However, she would keep her word on reading the book later.

When Yuji mentioned that everyone had played their part, Nihil spoke again. "It's okay. I don't mind taking the blame for this one." She closed her eyes. "I did some pretty stupid shit back there, letting my anger get to me." When Yuji explained himself, she let out a half-hearted "hah," before saying, "Well, honesty is something I can appreciate." By this time she was sitting upright on the bed. When Yuji mentioned that he hadn't seen anything, Nihil opened her eyes and looked at him before nodding. "Yep." She watched him walk out, "Oh, and I won't fight you unless you still want to go."

When Valentine came in and delivered his speech, Nihil stared at him with that dull, bored expression she usually kept. Great. This bullshit again about 'don't be afraid to ask for help' and all that. She'd heard enough of that bullshit all her life, she didn't need one more lecture. She knew what she was doing. She sighed in relief once he was gone. She didn't need a tongue-lashing from someone who, in her mind, didn't know what he was talking about. "We can't be friends if we've only known each other for one day," she muttered after he left.

Then Jiro came back with a letter and his flute. Again with the flute. Honestly, she didn't really mind it, and she probably would have enjoyed it in any other setting, but he always seemed to play it at the weirdest of times. It didn't really make sense to her.

Then Osada spoke up and she looked at him, confused. Why was he fumbling so much? Was he scared of her? He probably was. Oh great. More of this, then. She watched him with pity as he struggled to put his thoughts together into words. "Osada, I-"

She was cut off by that hug. Her eyes widened with surprise and she lifted up her arms, as if she were about to push him off, for just a second before she adjusted back to her usual self. "O-Osada?" To be honest, Nihil hadn't had any physical contact with anyone for a few years now. She was actually surprised at how warm he was. Well, that also might be her. She was embarrassed and her face was heating up yet again. But something else happened. There was a smile on Nihil's face. A tiny smile. When Osada pulled away, she still had that stupid grin plastered on her face, but she was turning red since now he could see it. "D-don't w-w-worry about it," she stuttered, her smile turning more awkward and less genuine as she avoided his gaze. No. Bad Nihil. No new friends. Well, maybe just one? Would that be okay?

She focused her attention on the letter, then listened to Osada's suggestion. She had calmed down again thought for a bit. "You know, normally that would sound really stupid, but with the first thing I yelled, it would make sense that I was telling an oversized rat to "get off me" and go away. Not to mention the occasional rat isn't unheard of."

Kazuo flinched as the boy named Osada hugged Nihil, pretty sure that was about to e the last thing he would do in his short life. He couldn't help but be shocked when he didn't get beaten to death and instead got a smile from her out of it. Is this what the call the luck of the stupid? Surely if it was anyone else they would have been anyone else the situation would have been different.

"What are you two going on about? A rat jumped on nihil and she hurt her leg in the process of getting it off, right? We just helped out." Kazuo asked with a frown, saying it as if he was thoroughly convinced of it. If there was something Kazuo could do it was make a convincing lie, trained especially for getting out of unneeded housework that his mother always wanted to do.

"Well, i don't want to be late so i'm heading out, hang in there Nihil." Kazuo said as he stretched, not wanting to get behind on his work.
"Maybe..." Kazuo thought to himself, not even finishing his sentence inside his mind.

With a grin Kazuo moved up to Nihil as well and, before she could figure out what he was planning, gave her a quick hug, not risking any longer than a quick squeeze before running off, sure she'd hit him.
"Watch out for any more rats." he said jokingly as he made his way out, grinning but now blushing as he wasn't used to being very physical with anyone, let alone with a girl.

Once he finally got away from the group he let out a sigh, his heart beating fast from both his run and his embarrassment at what he did. "why the hell did i do something like that...?" he thought to himself, not understanding completely why he did it either. "Well, maybe she'll be a bit more active after that." he told himself, the idea bringing a smile to his face as he imagined the wild girl from before wanting his blood.

On thinking about it, Kazuo realized he hadn't really paid attention to any girls since middle school where he ended up chickening out on telling his crush how he felt. Since then he just interacted with girls through online games or the 2d versions in anime and dating games. Once he finally got to his classroom his thoughts drifted to ideas of what he'd do if he had a girlfriend as he worked., not particularly with Nihil but her face popping up once or twice.

Reactions: DNA
Kazue was left alone by the group yet again and huffed, crossing her arms and pouting like a child. They were probably all around the same age! Kind of. Whatever lunch was practically over anyways so she made her way back to her class. But as she walked bothersome thoughts nagged at the back of her mind. They did mention they were going to the nurse didn't they? Maybe it was better that she kept to herself after all. After all, if you paint a black cat's fur pastel pink it's still a black cat underneath isn't it.
Even though her thoughts were gloomy her outward appearance didn't seem to change much. She still wore a smile but she seemed a bit out of it, and she kept fiddling with the links on her necklace and the beads on her bracelets. When she returned to her classroom she gazed out the window and swung her legs back and forth. To the average person it simply looked like she was daydreaming.

Reactions: Claire Rose and DNA
Nihil listened to Kazuo and nodded. "Yep. that's exactly what happened, and don't you tell anyone otherwise," she said.

When she saw him approaching her, she was genuinely confused. "Wha-"

Again, cut off by the hugs. These were going to be her doom, she was sure of it. Nihil froze as she was hugged for what appeared to be a split second before Kazuo let go and bounded off, doing whatever it was Kazuo does. She just stared in shock, mouth hung slightly open, her cheeks just a bit red again. Not one, but two hugs in a day? Why? She shook her head. "I hope people aren't thinking I'm going soft," she whined. This was a friend thing, right? Right? Then again, were they really friends? They hadn't really talked much until today. This felt so weird, but Osada's hug made her feel weirder than Kazuo's. She just thought it was because of the pat on the back earlier and the fact that the hug lasted longer. Nihil inwardly cringed. It seemed her repressed feelings as a hopeless romantic were resurfacing. Bad Nihil. No. Stop that. you don't like people. Especially not in that way.

She sat there fixed in thought, repeating familiar words over and over in her head in the exact same voice she remembered hearing. 'Get your disgusting face out of here. I never liked you.' Well, she was sad again, but it was the price to pay to keep her away from those other thoughts. Or, it would've been, if it had actually worked. She still felt weird. Maybe it was because Osada was still right next to her? After all, he was one of the weirdos that hugged her. He probably started this. Yes. That was it.

Nihil took her cane and stood up. "Well, you heard the guy. I was attacked by rats and now I'm better," she stated simply.

Jiro felt he was watching one of those drama movies in real time. Osada hugged Nihil and stayed by her side, next was Kazuo who gave her a book then a hug, and finally he heard one of the stupidest reason for a scream, a supposedly big rat. The excuse that Nihil and the others came up with was simple or as Jiro views it: She was surprised because there was big rat, screamed in pain because of the said rat. And was suddenly cured when the big rat apologized.

He let out a sigh "Then if you'll excuse me senpais, I still have a class to attend to. Osada-senpai, please deposit that letter to the faculty office." Jiro walked out of the room and headed out for his supposed to be class. The bell already rang but there were still some people missing when he got to the classroom, the first thing he noticed is Kazue who was casually swinging her legs. He decided to sit beside her.

"Hello Kazue-san, it seems we are classmates for today." Jiro greeted as he produced a notebook from his bag and then he spared a look at Kazue. "First day and you're already gloomy, something wrong?" he feels something different from her that Jiro didn't feel earlier, but something stopped his line of thought. His phone vibrated and and he looked at the message coming from an unknown sender. "Hmm, should I visit that church again today?" he muttered as he wrote the ambiguous message he received on his notebook.

Yuji slowly lowered his arms as Valentine spoke for him, eventually straightening his body as his eyebrow arched at him, mostly because of the amount of confusion this conversation was giving him. Part of what he said was clearly a lie so why were they talking about this right now?
Though he admitted most of the time this kind of thing happened so he supposed he should be accustomed to it.
Yuji shoved his hands into his pockets as Valentine spoke to him, his eyelids lowering into a sleepy gaze as he spoke to him, he closed his eyes wondering if he should just turn and walk away but he chose to just wait it out only opening his eyes once Valentine grabbed his shirt.
He watched him and when he was slapped his eyebrows narrowed a little through his expression remained the same as he was pushed back Valentine continuing to speak with him.
Yuji pulled his glasses out taking the information to meet him after school if he still wanted to fight to mind as he finished.
He watched Valentine go putting his glasses back on as he turned and continued up the stairs deciding to take a nap at one of the abandoned spots at the top of the stairs, he was pretty sure he could put his feet up on some leftover desks and people tended not to go up there, at least this early in the year.

"This is why talking is a waste of time," Yuji said pulling out a flip phone. "I had the pleasure of listening to something I'm probably going to hear tomorrow from someone else. I knew words weren't going to work so I'll do what I should have done in the first place."
Yuji checked the time on his phone before shoving it back into his pocket coming to the top of the stairs, sitting in one of the chairs he put his feet up on a desk and folded his hands on his stomach before closing his eyes.
"I intended on resolving this matter, in front of the school works with me."

• Love
Reactions: Celestial Scorpio
Osada just watched as people started to leave the infirmary to go about there original business. Although Kazuo's departure kinda had him confused as before he left he also gave Nihil a quick hug and left almost a quickly as the hug happened. Osada had a genuine reason to give Nihil a hug, but what was Kazuo doing it for? Did he think what he saw Osada do was cool and he wanted to mimic him? Gah...it just made Osada's head hurt trying to figure it out.

Although what was clear is that everyone was in favor of the big rat story for the commotion that had happen and it seemed like Jiro and Miral bought the story. Good...saved everyone the trouble of trying to collaborate on a better lie. Osada filled out the details of the incident on faculty report as Nihil was slowly getting back to her feet. "Yeah don't worry...I'll drop off the report before I leave today." As Jiro and Miral left the room, he looked over at Nihil who was standing up proper as if the incident hadn't happen to begin with. "So..." Osada say casually. "...I think your class is in the same direction as mine. Do you want me to walk you there or are you alright with getting there on your own?" he said as he folded up the report and stuck in his uniform pants pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.