Perfectly Flawed

Lyndsey uncomfortably crossed her arms over her stomach and hung her head low, she nodded appreciatively when he said he wouldn't say anything. Though when he said he was curious about her bruises she looked up to him, she stared at him for a few seconds before she felt a tear going down her cheek as she debated telling him. "My father is abusive." She whispered quietly looking away from him, she shakily wiped the tears from rolling down her cheeks, she had always wanted to tell someone about it despite the risk. Maybe she could trust Allen, or at least she hoped she could.

"I see. Mostly taking it out on you?" He asked. So, to him, this could easily turn out worse than normal. Having no idea if her father cared or not, he debated his next set of actions. As he was thinking of what to do, he remembered something his own father said once: 'In only self-defense, should a ever hit a woman.'. He just hoped that she would start to trust him, hell, the forces of the universe seemed to want to put them together.

Lyndsey hesitated before nodding, she took a deep breath before speaking. "He gets drunk a lot." Lyndsey said with a shrug, she didn't know why she was telling him this obviously. She was just very vulnerable right now, so that was probably why or at least the only reason she could think of. "He's just not who he used to be." Lyndsey said as she fiddled with her fingers, she knew her father didn't care about her anymore, and she just accepted it. He was just an abusive drunk now, so she didn't even feel right calling him her father.

Allen nodded and calmed the raging storm of his thoughts. 'Just like Junpei, only a gender switch.' He thought, remembering another friend of his that had the exact same situation expect the abuse part. Though, they took different paths but that can't be helped. With that portion out of his mind, he sighed sadly. This has become one hell of a mess to him. A mess that he wouldn't mind cleaning up in the long run. Speaking of long run, he looked at his watch. His next engagement was coming up soon. "As much as I want to keep this going, I have to leave soon." With an almost unnoticeable nod to himself, he decreased the distance between the two and hugged her lightly. "You have my number if you want to talk or anything." He said as he let her go started to leave.

Lyndsey nodded when he said he had to leave soon, she knew she couldn't just keep him here all day anyway. Though when he hugged her she hadn't really expected it, but despite herself she hugged Allen back. Oddly she was comforted by it, and maybe because it seemed as if maybe he cared. The last time someone cared about her was when her mother was alive, so maybe that's why she was comforted by the hug. When he let go she did as well, and once again she nodded when he spoke. "Thank you." Lyndsey said to him softly as she sat back down, she lightly rubbed had hand over her mothers gravestone and put her head down. Why did her life have to be such a mess? She wished it was normal, but they say everything happens for a reason right? Well Lyndsey didn't believe that, she didn't see why there was any reason or need for her mother to be killed. It wasn't fair, she hated it. Whoever says life is tough is wrong, she tought differently. Life isn't tough, she just can't handle it. As well as anyone else who couldn't handle life, so they just shouldn't live. Made sense in her mind.

As Allen walked away, he waived. He felt....happier since he came in there. With a smile, he left the graveyard. This day seemed like it was going to be a boring one but... he was massively wrong this time around. As he went to the doctors and got that check up done and out of the way. Good thing, he didn't need any more pain meds prescriptions. Not that he had to pay for them, he had top rate medical insurance. But other than that, he went home and layed down oh his bed, thinking about what happened earlier today. At least a good thing happened during the emotional storm.

Lyndsey stayed by the grave for a while longer, but eventually she got up and walked home. Lyndsey cleaned herself up a little since she probably looked like a mess from crying so much, sh had almost complete forgot about their project too. Hey do you want to work on our project? We're kinda behind... Lyndsey sent the text to Allen since they should probably work on it, she realized that they didn't do anything yesterday since she ran off and they both skipped school today so they didn't get anything done in class. They couldn't get behind on this, she knew it was a good chunk of their grade.

While he was on his bed, his phone rang from the small table next to it. He saw Lyndsey's message and replied 'Sure, when?' Then set it back on the table. Skipping school wasn't the best idea but they each had their reasons. Maybe their project could take a better turn now that they each knew their circumstances. Although, Allen kind of wanted to assure her that they weren't that behind but saw the logic behind the reasons.

I'm not doing anything now. Lyndsey sent since well she wasn't, and she wanted to get as much done as possible before she had to leave to beat her dad home. Lyndsey never wanted to find out what would happen if he found out she was sneaking around, she just prayed and hoped he wouldn't find out. He definitely would not be happy, but hey the project had to get done. Though there was a part of her that just secretly wanted to see Allen again, she didn't know why but he was very comforting.

Allright. Want me to head over there or wait for you here? Allen sent out. To be honset, he really shouldn't be just laying there. He got up, streched himself out and threw his trenchcoat on the bed. Picking up his phone, he took it into the kitchen and made himself a snack in wait. As he was eating, he sat down on his couch and decided to play his 3ds while waiting for her to respond. 'At least things are ok...I think?' He thought to himself while tilting his head. With a shrug, he got back to playing his handheld.

Lyndsey looked down at her phone, she didn't know why he asked though. Well you don't know where I live, and my dad would not be happy if you came over, so I'll go over to your place. Lyndsey exited her house and headed to Allen's, she decided to just walk since it was still nice out. Lyndsey ran her hand though her hair as she held into her notebook, she thought this project would be a lot better now since they're finding out more in depth things about each other. Before she knew it she was already at Allen's, she knocked on his door and waited patiently for him to answer.

Allen had forgot that he never even knew that where she lived. He shrugged and went to get the door. "Hey." He said as he let her in. This... could turn up good for them now. At least the could make some progress, as the teacher put it. Those poor teachers had no idea what students would do with a project like this. What, they expected that students would only do the basics and call it there? Sigh, people these days.

"Hello." Lyndsey said softly as she walked in, she went over to his couch and took a seat. Lyndsey opened her notebook to the page she was writing everything he told her in. "Okay, so you know some things about me I haven't told anyone. Please just don't write that in your speech when you give it. I didn't want anyone to know those things." Lyndsey said quietly before she looked down. After all who would want anyone to know about those things? Cutting, suicide attempts, abusive father. Yeah she definitely didn't want anyone to know, so hopefully Allen wouldn't include that in the project.

Allen nodded and sat down next to her. "Already knew that point." He leaned forward and tented his fingers together and placed it over his nose and mouth. "I'm not the person to blab someone's else's dark secrets, even on a project like this." It would be something that she would have to work out on her own. Silently, he hoped that she would seek his before something bad happens. "As for mine," He began before taking a deep breath. "Most of the teachers already know, as do a few friends but they kept it a secret too."

"Thank you." Lyndsey said with a nod as she was glad he wouldn't say anything, she knew if she got stuck with any other guy from school then they would have. Josh was a perfect example of this, he wouldn't hesitate in telling everyone. He would probably just blackmail her to go out with him, and she would probably agree though she'd hate every second of it. "What's yours?" Lyndsey asked curiously since she thought he could tell her, she figured that he knew hers so why couldn't she know his. Though she wouldn't make him tell her, and he only had to if he wanted to.

"Well, it was the fact that my parents died. However, I probably mentioned this before but back when they used to be alive," Allen sighed. He didn't really want to explain that but he had too. "They ran a IT company on the same level as Microsoft called 'Terminal'. It leads to the main reason that I'm rich and not even out of high school yet. My parents....were the owners and CEO's" He said, hoping that she wouldn't find a way to blackmail him out of a few million. After all, most would....but he knew some people that he trusted with his very life if it went that far.

"I see." Kelly said with a nod, she wouldn't say anything since it wasn't her secret to tell. "You have my word. I promise not to say anything." Lyndsey said softly as she looked at her notebook, she would make sure not to put any of that in there. "Okay back to the project..." Lyndsey said as she kept staring at her notebook, she couldn't think of anything to ask. "Hey maybe we are doing this wrong. We are supposed to see what the other is really like and learn more about them, and I don't think we achieve that by asking random questions. Why don't we go do something?" Lyndsey asked him curiously, she noticed that she learned more about him when they were out and having a normal conversation rather than asking random questions.

"You do have a point." He said as he leaned back. With a relaxed nod, he looked over to Lyndsey. "Allright, lets give it a try." Allen said, while somewhat curious as to where or what they would be doing for said project. Honestly, he wanted to know why her father wouldn't be happy with him going over there but he didn't want to intrude to much on her life. Honestly, he did read into things too much and when he did that, he got into some trouble.

"Okay well where to go? A movie, bowling, skating?" Lyndsey listed ideas of unsure of what Allen wanted to do, she didn't care what they did which is why she was asking him. Lyndsey figured he could just pick sorting random since she didn't know where to go, and maybe he would think of somewhere good to go that she might not have thought about. Lyndsey stood up from the couch, she put her notebook in her purse before looking at him. "Wait, I have an idea." Lyndsey said as she thought about it, she headed to the door and looked at Allen to see if he was going to come with her.

'An idea?' Allen thought to himself as he got up and followed her regardless. This could lead to one major trap or something completely awesome. With those things in mind and forgetting his jacket, his brain started to make some plans on to which of the possible things could happen. Yup, he was overthinking things again. Then again, with his heritage, this was a common trait.