Perfectly Flawed

"That's good. Some get pretty mean." Lyndsey had quite a few mean rumors spread about her, but she was usually good at making them stop before they got out to everyone. All of them weren't true of course. She did not sleep with a teacher for an A, she was not pregnant, she didn't do drugs, and so on. None of them bothered her, but they were annoying. She knew they weren't true, so she wouldn't let it get to her.

"Okay we should probably start finishing up here. It's already getting dark, and I have to be home in like an hour and a half. Before we leave I definitely want to ride the Ferris Wheel, so what do you want to ride before we leave?" Lyndsey asked curiosity as she looked around, she smiled since they started turning on the lights which she loved.

"Hmm." Allen looked over to the rides to think about which one he wanted to go for. Then, a bolt of inspiration hit. If he remembered right, this fair was going to do a fireworks show when it got late. Well, it was getting late but the fireworks wouldn't go on for another half an hour.

Standing up, he looked over to his right and saw some workers carrying something. As he tried to concentrate on it, he noticed that it was a box of....fireworks. With a smile, he walked over to Lyndsey and gently grabbed her hand. "Let's go for that Ferris Wheel. IF I remembered right, this fair's going to have a fireworks show in about....30 minutes."

Lyndsey looked around as he said Hm too, she figured he probably didn't know which ride he wanted to go on. That was fine, she could wait though Lyndsey saw him trying to concentrate. What was Allen concentrating on? She had no idea, but when he told her she smiled and nodded since it made sense now. He was obviously trying to see what the workers were carrying.

"Okay that sounds like. God plan, I can wait to see the fireworks." Lyndsey said as she walked with Allen over to the Ferris wheel, she didn't mind at all that he grabbed her hand. Though she probably figured he just thought she would have let go of it once they were walking, but oh well. Lyndsey was glad to see the line was short, but of course it was since hardly anyone went on this anymore.

At first, he was surprised when she didn't let go of his. Eh, he didn't really mind that she held his hand after a while. As they go to the ride, he saw the rather short line and smiled. True, most don't go on this ride anymore but hey. As the line was in wait, due to the staff not being there at the moment, he remembered something that one of his aunts had told him.

"When you're up high, all the stuff that looks confusing and messed up... suddenly becomes crystal clear." He said more to himself rather than out loud. That was one quote that he and his sister agreed to after some thought and a Ferris Wheel ride. Odd part, he forgot where she got it from.

"Interesting." Lyndsey said as she thought about it, she had never really considered anything like that before. "I just like to see all the lights from up high, and the whole place just shines." Lyndsey said with a smile, she would never get tired of looking down from the Ferris wheel. Everything looked smaller, and not to mention more beautiful. It had always been her favorite ride, and she remembered how she used to be so scared of it though now she obviously wasn't.

Once the line started moving Lyndsey got on the two person seated ride, and wondered how safe these things were actually. It didn't really matter to her since she wasn't afraid anymore, but it was just a rather curious thought that popped into her mind. This would be the perfect night if she didn't have to go home, she looked off to the side a little since going home was horrible. She would rather be dead, but then again she had tried that. Lyndsey folded her hands in her lap as she thought to herself, she started to think about what she was doing her. She was making friends with Allen? Why? It's not like she planned on sticking around. There was always a reason she pushed people away and never got close to people. She felt kind of bad though since she knew she would just start pushing Allen away, but she had to.

As the two got on the two-seated ride, he looked out to the sky as the ride started to move after a while. Speaking of said word, he wanted to stand up and see things as it moved. With a smile, he looked up to the sky and mouthed out the words 'Light it up'. Within seconds, the show had started.

As one of the fireworks exploded in a shower of bright display that lit up the night sky, he moved over and sat next to Lyndsey and saw that she had a lot of things on her mind. Sitting down, he was about to put his hand on hers but refrained from doing so. Instead, he motioned to the bright fireworks.

Lyndsey had been very distracted by her thoughts, she had no idea what she was doing with herself. Her life, and who know what else. Things were just so frustrating, she wanted to be friends with Allen but she couldn't. Lyndsey wasn't truly friends with anyone, she didn't have anyone to hold her back from doing the one thing she tried to do so many times. She was just afraid that if she got close to Allen then she wouldn't want to do it anymore, she was already having second thoughts about it. Decisions decisions.

She was broken out of her thoughts when Allen gestured up to the sky, she smiled since the fireworks were really pretty. She let out a small sigh as she just started at them, she wished she was a firework. They have this big sparkly life that everyone sees, and then not too long after they died. Quick and magnificent, she wanted to be a firework. Pretty odd, but hey it was better than where she was at right now. "All the colors are so pretty." Lyndsey noted as she reached her hand up and pretended that she could just grab the fireworks, she smiled a little before she stopped doing that.

As Allen was watching the show, he had a happy smile on his face. Seeing a firework show from a high place put some new perspectives into his mind about the answers to the questions he was looking for. Turns out, he knew that his aunt was right. The many things that were so messy that he couldn't tread in...were clearer than normal.

But one thing wasn't clear. He tried to piece together the thoughts in his mind about Lyndsey and what she was thinking at the moment. As much as he cared about her, he could tell that something heavy was bothering her.

Once they got back on the ground Lyndsey sighed and ran her hand through her hair, she didn't want to go home but if she didn't it would just be worse. She just wished she was someone else, she was tired of being her. She wished she was dead. Is that bad to wish for? Well she's done it before, but Lyndsey was strange. She was depressed yes, but she only had moments of it. Like today she enjoyed herself and had a good time with Allen, she was smiling and laughing. Then times like this when she thought about her mother or father, she just got really depressed. Strange.

"I think we should leave now. My dad isn't going to be pretty happy when I get home." Lyndsey could only imagine how mad he was going to be at her, she didn't want to find out but there was no way to avoid it. Lyndsey looked at the ground as she started walking away from the fair, she couldn't wait until she was eighteen. She could get out of that house,mans she would have access to her money.

Allen sadly nodded and resumed the final walk to her home. Well, this was a fun little trip but all good things must come to an end. Sighing, he looked around one again before they were getting farther away from the fair. He had wanted to do something about her father but that would ruin the relationship between the two of them.

But, at the very least, he had access to his own money. That way, he could easily get whatever he wanted and needed. Then again, he also had to deal with people asking him for a quick buck or two...or thousand. Yup, so was the course of the world. "Allright."

"Okay. Well I'll see you tomorrow at school. Thank you for coming out here with me." Lyndsey said with a small smile, she gave Allen a hug goodbye before walking away. Lyndsey didn't expect him to walk to her house with her, and she didn't want him to since she wouldn't want him to see or hear anything that happens. Lyndsey folded her hands together in front of her, and she looked down as she continued her walk home.

Once she got there she stood outside of her house for a few moments, she took a deep breathe before unlocking the door to go in. Though before she could even step in her dad had pulled her in, and they went through the same routine. It's always the same, and once again Lyndsey ended up in her room in tears and taking care of the damage.

Allen was kind of surprised when she gave him a goodbye hug. Though the man never really minded it, it was rather comfy. As he was walking back to his place, he put a hand upward in a waving motion to Lyndsey. Silently, he smiled and kinda wished that he had his trench-coat on so that it possibly could be flowing with the wind and making him appear more badass than he normally was.

When he got to his apartment, he laid back on his bed. "I finally got one step forward." He said silently as he looked at the picture of his family. "I pray that neither one of us gets forced 10 steps back." With the thoughts of marching to the oncoming future with a smile if it was good and the fact that he'll change the fate of many others that he'll meet, he went to bed.