Perfectly Flawed

Lyndsey looked at her reflection in all of the mirrors, she started going one way but ran into a mirror. That made her laugh a little, but she kept moving forward. Lyndsey finally made it out of the mirrors after a while, she took a little bit time since she kept running into dead ends. Lyndsey wouldn't be surprised if Allen made it out before her, but she didn't care since it was all for fun anyway. Next she decided she wanted to go on the tower drop, she thought it was fun when they shot you up then dropped you all the way down. After that she would have Allen choose, and they could just take turns deciding where to go.

"Ok, how am I lost?" He thought to himself after hitting some dead ends. Ok, now was the time to pull out a trick from his training books. Closing his eyes, he tried to remember his path then proceeded to go the opposite way. Thankfully, this was the way out. He opened his eyes and decided to sneak up on Lyndsey. "Having fun?" He asked silently.

Lyndsey jumped a little since she was completely zoned out, she turned to face him and slapped his arm gently. "You scared me!" She said before laughing, she gave him a gentle shove before smiling. "We are going on the drop tower next." Lyndsey announced happily, she bumped into his shoulder with hers though she did so in a semi flirty way. Lyndsey motioned for him to follow as she led him to the drop tower.

Allen had smirked then followed her. The drop tower seemed like a normal ride right? Well, it was a good thing that he wasn't afraid of heights. Who cares if anyone from school saw this....then again, who would care? As they walked to the ride, he got a call on his cell phone from his uncle. It wasn't too bad, just some info that could help out in the future and it went to voicemail. 'Hmm...What rides to go on next?' He thougth to himself.

Lyndsey stood in line for the drop tower with Allen, she turned to look at him to speak. "You can pick whatever we ride or do next, and we can take turns from there. I know it's just tradition to always save the teacups and Ferris wheel for last, to at least that's what I do. To answer your question yes we will be going on the teacups." Lyndsey said with a smile before getting on the ride as the line disappeared, she made sure she was all okay and good to go in her seat.

"Right, right." He said with a yawn as he strapped himself in to said ride. It wasn't that he hated this type of ride, it was just his paranoia overweighting his mind...and more over, his stomach. As the ride launched them up, he had the feeling of something coming back up. It was probably the cotton candy. Maybe he shouldn't have eaten that as they got to the carnival. Oh well, the next ride on his mind was a twilit-a-whirl or some odd ride he couldn't remember because of the g-forces from this current ride.

Lyndsey gripped the restraints tightly as they were at the very top, she always had that feeling of your stomach dropping as you went down like most people. No she didn't like it, but yet she did like it at he same time. The adrenaline probably more so than anything else, she loved adrenaline rushes so this was the perfect ride for that. Once it dropped them down she closed her eyes tightly, but before she knew it the ride was over. It wasn't that bad, but it always seemed worse than it was. Lyndsey for our of the restraints and exited with the others, she waited for Allen as she looked around the carnival.

He exited the ride and looked around for the next ride of his choice. "Let's see, Tilt-a-whirl, whatever that one is, the one with - Oh, that's just the teacups, Ferris wheel, Hmm...." Allen thought aloud as he rejoined Lyndsey. "I had a ride in mind but the G-forces of the previous ride made me forget what one I wanted." He said while looking around. As his eyes passed some food stands, he thought he should at least get himself something to eat so that he doesn't throw up on a random ride.

"That's okay we don't have to keep riding rides. We can break for food and games anytime you'd like, I want a snow cone so let's go." Lyndsey said with a smile as she motioned for Allen to follow, she led him over to where snow ones were being sold. Lyndsey bought a rainbow one which satisfied her quite a bit, she hadnt had a snow come since she was really little. "The rest of the day is just fun, so whatever we want to do we will do." Lyndsey assured him as well as herself, she wanted to have a little fun before going back to being sad as always.

Allen nodded and went to the snow cone machine and choose a cherry-flavored one. It was a good thing that he got some food in his belly, even if it was more sweets but he didn't care. Secretly, he was glad that he didn't throw up at all. Another thing, he agreed with her on the option of doing whatever they wanted to do and not always go on rides all the time. That could get boring. Maybe a game would change the pace of things? He looked around to find said game for them to try.

"How about for right now we sit down and eat these?" Lyndsey suggested with a smile since she didn't want to make a mess with the snow cone, she looked around and found some tables outside of the ice cream building. "Over there." Lyndsey said as she headed to them, she took a seat at the table and took a bite of her snow cone. She was glad these things came with straws since she would probably end up making a mess, and well she didn't want that to happen. "These are perfect." It was true since it was very hot out and they were refreshing. "Are you having fun so far?" Lyndsey hoped Allen was since she was, and if he wasn't having a good time then she didn't want to be bothering him.

"Sure." He agreed and sat down next to her. After taking a bite or two out of his snow cone, he went to answer her question. "Yeah. It's been a long time since I was able to have fun and not worry about other things." Allen said with a small smile. Truthfully, the only times which he had his fun was whenever his family went to festivals and carvinals. It felt nice just to...be himself for a change. Not the nerdy guy who has a metric crap ton of money. Eventhough it was kinda hot, he had no problems with the heat at all.

"I understand what you mean." Lyndsey said with a sincere smile since she knew the worrying thing all too well, she constantly had things on her mind that stressed her out so much. Today though she was able to let free, and she couldn't have been more happier about it. "Are we friends?" Lyndsey asked Allen curiously, she wanted to be friends with him. Even if it went against the status quo, she didn't care. Lyndsey couldn't stand her friends she has now, but she didn't tell anyone that. Allen was the only person to ever understand her, and he was just a better person than her friends and even her. Lyndsey does have low self esteem, but she knows she's a horrible person for standing by and letting her friends bully kids rather than stopping it.

Allen was really surprised when she had asked if they were friends. At first, he gathered his thoughts on the subject. True, things were rather rocky at first. However, he pros outweighed any of the cons. In fact, he had already made his decision. "Of course we are." He began with a nod. "Sure, we had a rocky start due to that stupid assignment but that made us understand each other a lot more than the others doing this." True to the point, Allen had almost no difficultly understanding others, in fact: he had that kind of effect on others as well.

Lyndsey smiled when he said of course they were friends, she was glad he would want to be her friend. Lyndsey would understand if he didn't though, she wasn't the best person around after all. "Good, I'm glad you think that. I don't blame you if you don't want to hang around me at school because of my idiotic friends, but just know you're always more than welcome to talk to me and sit with me at lunch." Lyndsey offering with a shrug, she would make her friends accept the fact that her and Allen were friends. Though that was only if he would like t be around her at school, she didn't let her hopes up considering she didn't think Allen really wanted to be around her friends nor did he want their friendship being made a big deal. She could be wrong, but that's just what it seemed like to her.

"If it were any other person, then you'd be right. Then again, I had already proven that i'm no ordinay person." Allen said with a slight smile. "Also, no offence but the people that you hang out with are assholes." He added in with a slight shake of his head. In all truths, he never minded if their frienship was known to everyone at school. It would get people rethinking their impressions of the both of them. Well, maybe their general impressions of Allen would change drastically. "Eh, who cares what they think. Most people only believe what they want to believe and see only what they wish to see." He said with a slight shiver at the memory of a horrible nightmare he had.

"I know they are, and I hate it. There's nothing I can dealt it though. No matter what they're still going to be that way. I'm sorry." Lyndsey always felt really bad when her friends bullied or messed with people, she never did anything about it though. There was nothing she could do anyway, and plus if she tried to stop them the last thing she needed was them wondering why she had changed. Lyndsey didn't want to be questioned, she didn't want anyone to know about her life, and they would start getting suspicious about her. Ly Daley couldn't have that, sh work ably would just end up ending herself if everyone found out about her dad or what she does to herself.

"Well I would be more than happy to hang out with you anytime. School or not. Except for lunch unless you would like to sit at my table with me. Just know that if you start hanging out with me you're going to become popular by default. So it's our decision." Lyndsey always anted this, she would make new friends then they would get too wrapped up in being popular and they were never the same. Lyndsey didn't want that to happen to Allen, she really liked being ale to talk to him. He understood her, and he was the only one.

"It's all right. Only that Josh fella actively messed with me and everyone saw how I dealt with that." He said with a slight chuckle. Though the only down side was the outcomes of those type of meetings. On another note, he wouldn't really mind hanging out with Lyndsey sometimes.

"Ok. However, I won't be surprised if they're already looking at me in a new light." Allen said with a smile. It's not like he cared how people viewed him. However, he really did care for those who understood him for what the went through. Oddly, his mother often said to him that the key to developing bonds was understanding. Maybe she was right, After a bad start Allen and Lyndsey got along better now than ever.

"Yeah you totally kicked his as- oops." Lyndsey didn't like cussing oddly enough, but it was her choice and she saw no problem with that. "Josh is annoying though, he's a real jerk but if you ignore him he will find someone else to mess with." Lyndsey said with a shrug since she knew Josh too well, he bugged Lyndsey a lot but he stopped for a while. He started bugging her again, but then Allen and him got into that fight.

Lyndsey smiled and nodded since she was sure people started talking, but then that made her think. Other people were there when that happened, and it probably would have looked odd that Lyndsey and Allen went off together. "If you hear any rumors just ignore them people like to start them about me all the time." Lyndsey shrugged since it didn't bother her, but she figured Allen wouldn't be used to having the whole school talk about him.

"You got a point there." Allen said while shrugging his shoulders. True that rumors were horrible to get rid of when they started but oh well. Back when he was going to school in Japan, there were a healthy amount of rumors about him as well. And they all encompassed things like 'Does he have a girlfriend?' or 'Maybe there's something that he's hiding deep down and doesn't want to tell everyone yet.'.

After about a few years, he just ignored them completely. But back to the current topic at hand, he had remembered some tiny rumors that he heard about Lyndsey though they were too small to be of importance."Yeah, I'll probably just turn a blind eye to them."