Perfectly Flawed

Lyndsey looked down and kept quiet, she couldn't help but to keep imagining it. Awful awful memories, she couldn't handle them though. Lyndsey hated thinking about it, she didn't want to have the scene playing over and over in her head. Lyndsey could feel her eyes getting watery, so she reached in her bag and put the money for her drink on the table. Lyndsey wasn't about to break down right here in public, she couldn't handle that and didn't want to draw attention to herself. Lyndsey just wanted to go away, she wanted to disappear. "I'm sorry, I can't do this." Lyndsey said as she grabbed her things and headed out of the restaurant, she wiped her eyes as she walked and kept thinking about her mom. Maybe she should walk in the street or something, but she was pretty sure the cars would stop unfortunately.

Allen had sighed and looked out of the window. Well, he kind of expected this to happen sooner or later. "You almost told her about you....'condition'?" Said one waiter as he knew Allen pretty well. "Yeah. I've been droping hints at random interveals but this is the largest one dropped." Allen explained. "Hmm. I see. Well, for both of our sakes: Good luck and god speed my friend." Said the waiter before going back to work. He had thought about what his friend said for a moment. After finishing his coffee and paying for both the orders, he decided to think over some things as he went home.

Lyndsey just walked to the forest, she didn't get too far into it before she dropped her things. Lyndsey sat on the ground and broke into tears, she slowly laid down and tried to get her thoughts out. There was one way to take them away, she sat up and reached into her bag pulling out a razor blade. This was the only thing that could keep her mind off things, she wasn't ready to talk about a touchy subject like that. It was too soon for her, but she wasn't sure if she'd ever be ready. Lyndsey had never talked about personal things like that, but she knew she'd have to let someone in sometime. Maybe she would, but definitely not in a public place like a café. Lyndsey stared at the red liquid, she waited awhile before deciding to clean herself up.

As he was walking, he suddenly stopped. Something just seemed odd to him as his path of thought seemed....disrupted. Quickly, he went into a nearby park and sat down on a bench. "Tamerai wo nomihoshite...(Swallow down your hesitation)...What was that song that Marie used to sing when she felt down?" He whispered mostly to himself as the memory of his younger sister, oddly he only caught. With another shrug, he leaned his head back and looked at the sky.

Lyndsey wiped under her eyes before bandaging up her wrists to stop the bleeding, she thought about just letting them bleed. She'd done that once walready, but that was just another failed attempt since it not mad her pass out. She woke upon the hospital, so that was just a waste of time to try. Lyndsey got up slowly as she decided to get home now, she knew her father would punish her for being late, and for cutting again. Oh well maybe she would get lucky and he would put her out of her misery, but she highly doubted it. Lyndsey wrapped her arms uncomfortably over her stomach as she put her head down and began walking.

Allen had lost himself to his thoughts and sensed someone approaching. He quickly jumped off of the bench and looked around sharply. "Man, I think I need a break." He mumbled as he decided to leave and head home. As he was heading home, he passed up one of his neighbors. They talked for a bit before he went inside. "I wonder if Lyndsey is ok. Well, she had my number if she needs to talk about something." He decided after giving it some thought. Believe it or not, he really cared about her.

Lyndsey headed home to face her dad, she was very nervous and opened the door to face the demon himself. Of course her father was very mad, he was drunk go figure. Lyndsey listened to him call her cruel names, she shut her eyes and looked down which only made him mad. Lyndsey pulled through everything and headed up to her room, she wasn't going to school tomorrow. She already made up her mind, she went to the mirror to look at any bruises she may have. Lyndsey cleaned herself up and got in the shower, she got out and put some cream on her wrists and as for the bruise on her side and leg she just had to wait for them to heal.

As he got home for real this time, he relaxed on the couch and simply watched some tv show that was on some random channel. It wasn't anything important but it was something to pass the time. After an hour or so, he checked something on his computer then just layed back on his bed, playing his psp. Maybe he shouldn't go to school tomorrow......then again, he might have to call it in which was something he didn't want to do. Plus, its not like he could be found by any teacher when he didn't want to. With that decision, Allen turned off his game and went to sleep for the night.

Lyndsey woke up and ran down stairs early in the morning, she made her father breakfast before running back upstairs. She got back in bed since she wouldn't be going today, and then she woke up later and went to get ready. Lyndsey put on a light fuzzy pink sweater with the words you're my favorite on it along with a heart, she then put on some white shorts with grey keds. Lyndsey curled her hair and applied some makeup before brushing her teeth, and taking care of her scars and bruises. She hadn't had much of an appetite for a while, so she decided to skip breakfast. Sorry, I won't be in school today. ​Lyndsey sent the text to Allen since he wouldn't be shocked by the time English came, she put her phone in her pocket as she walked down the street.

As Allen got ready for the day off, he got the message. With a shrug, he replied 'It's allright. I got something I need to take care of today, so I wount be there either.'. With that out of the way, he put on some simple clothes follwored by a black trench coat. "Time to get started." He mumbeld as he left the house after locking up the house. And with that out of the way, he headed to the DMV for something else, something of vast importance.

Lyndsey sat down on a bench a the park for a while, she was just enjoying the weather and scenery. Though after a while she got off and headed to the swings, she just needed time out of the house and school. It was definitely clearing her mind, and that was considering the fact she wasn't thinking about much. Though it was around lunch time now, so she figured she should go somewhere. Where to go? Lyndsey decided on a small little bakery, she just got some bread and soup.

After spending a hour or so at the DMV, he stretched and went to his next destination...which was a flower shop. Another few minutes pass as he exits the shop with 3 bouquets of white roses. It was only the start of this somewhat break day. Half an hour bus ride later. Allen finds himself at a cemetery. "Here goes." He went in and looked for his father, mother and sister's graves which were next to each other. Smiling sadly, he sets the roses on all 3 tombstones.

After eating Lyndsey decided she should go talk to her mother about her problems, she always did that whenever she was having an off day. Lyndsey walked to the cemetery, but she definitely wouldn't bring flowers since her mother never liked those. Lyndsey was across the way from Allen, but she didn't notice him. She just sat by her mothers grave and rubbed her eyes, she missed her so much. "I miss you so much, I wish you could be here. Dad still hurts me, and I still cut. I know you would be disappointed, but I can't help it." Lyndsey laid down next to the grave as she talked, she stopped since it was hard to say all this. Even if she wasn't speaking to anyone, she still felt as if her mother was here.

"I just can't seem to help but feel said whenever I think about what happened." He said with a quiet sigh. "I'm still on good terms with both sides of the family, they just seem to worry too much, especially your side mom. Hell, They still want me to move back to Japan." Allen said with a quiet chuckle. Even though he liked Japan a lot more than the states, he still wanted to at least finish high school here before thinking about moving back. "But, there's something I need to do before... Not for me, but for someone else. I guess this is what you were talking about back then, huh dad? Alright. I'll give it my all." He knelled down to adjust the roses before standing back with a determined look on his face. "Watashi no aisuruhito? (My loved ones?)" He pointed his thumb to his heart. "Watashi no kokoronouchi. (In my heart.)" Allen looked up at the sky. "Sekai? (The world?)" He made his hand reach up and made it seem like it was crushing the sun itself. "Eien senaka ni! (Forever on my back!)" After saying that piece, he walked slowly walked out of the graveyard...with a smile.

Lyndsey couldn't help but to cry as she laid next to her mothers grave, she was so vulnerable and she knew it. It just made her wish she wasn't here anymore, she could be with her mom then and people would understand her there. As far as she knew nobody understood her here at all, she had nobody to talk to that she could trust. "I need you mom... I need someone..." Lyndsey said more quietly as she wiped her tears since they just kept coming, she hated being alone and not having anyone there for her. Then again who would want to be there for her anyway? Nobody knew anything was wrong with her, and if they did they'd just ignore it. She was perfect popular Lyndsey, and nothing could ever be wrong with her. She perfect. Yeah perfect alright, perfectly flawed.

Allen was almost out of the graveyard when something seemed to not be right at all. Maybe, just maybe.....there was something or someone else guiding him back. Back to his parent's graves. It seemed like that was the point but it wanted it to turn him around. When he did however, his eyes widened. 'What's with the cosmos trying set us up?' He thought to himself. After schooling his features and turning around quickly to grab a rose from his set and placing it on the grave. "It's probably not my place to say this but you shouldn't be laying down here."

Lyndsey just rubbed her eyes when she heard the voice, she knew his voice by now so it was obviously Allen. "I know, but I can't help it." She said quietly while wiping tears away, she wasn't trying to keep it together right now. Even if Allen was here she just couldn't, she had to breakdown sometimes and this was just one of the many ways she did. The others involved usually trying to hurt herself, and then there was crying. Lyndsey wouldn't cut or anything by her mothers grave, so she went with the crying route. "What are you doing here?" She asked before sniffling a little, she realized she was probably making a fool of herself but she didn't care.

He simply pointed his thumb to his family graves behind him. "So now you know." He remember that after the accident, he cried for a good while before gaining a new resolve to move foward via a slap to the face from a old friend. "I remember being broken down like that when it happened. It made me wonder 'Why?'." Allen shook his head to banish those thoughts then pointed to the scar over his left eye. "Everytime I looked in the mirror, I was always reminded that I had some sort of a 'Living Memento' to an accident that I shouldn't have survived. But God or any other diety must've had some other plans for me."

Lyndsey rubbed her eyes and listened to Allen, she didn't know that his family died. Lyndsey slowly sat up trying to steady her breathing, she gripped the grass before slowly standing. "Did you ever hurt yourself too?" Lyndsey asked him curiously before pushing up the sleeves of her sweater, she had many cuts on her wrists as well as some bruises on her arms but those were mostly gone and weren't from her anyway. Lyndsey put the sleeves back down before wiping her tears away, she just oped that Allen wouldn't say anything about this to anyone just as she wouldn't say anything to anyone that he told her.

He shook his head. "Nope." He had his suspicions that she had cut herself as a means of coping with the loss. Oh, how he so wanted to at least try to stop that himself but human teleportation is only possible in fantasy worlds. "Oh, and either way, i'm not going to tell anyone about that." Allen said refering to the cuts on her wrists. "But I am curious. Those bruises." He left it off at that because he knew that it might be a story within itself. Then again, he had one too if she wanted to know about what happened.