Perfectly Flawed

"Have you ever been to a carnival?" Lyndsey asked Allen curiously since she wasn't sure, but she loved the carnival and it was in town so why not. Rides, games, food, performers, animals, and a whole bunch of other fun. Lyndsey loved everything about the carnival except for clowns, she didn't like those but she just ignored them. Clowns were only scary because of those stupid killer clown movies, but she could handle seeing a happy goody clown. It just freaked her out a little, but she could handle it.

'A carnival?' He tilted his head. He hasn't been to one for a very long time. "Haven't been to one in a very long time." Allen said, remembering when he last went to one. It was funny, eventhough he was little when that happened, he remembered kicking a clown in the crotch and getting a laugh from both his parents and a scared baby Marie. Smiling, he silently agreed with the idea of heading to a carnival for some fun.

"Same, so we will go there." Lyndsey said with a small genuine smile, she remembered being small and going there. Things were simple when she way younger, she didn't have to deal with all of this emotional baggage. Lyndsey just pushed those thoughts away since she just wanted to focus on now rather than what used to be, she looked up at the carnival once there and looked over to Allen. "Is there anything you'd like to do first?" Lyndsey asked him curiously since she didn't know if maybe he would want to play a game, or maybe get some food she was fine with anything though if he was the same then she'd just randomly choose something.

"Hmm.... How about-" Was all Allen had let out before decided to go to a random stand and buy some cotton candy. "Sorry, couldn't resist. How bout some target practice?" He said while pointing to said target practice stand. But on the way..."Hey you two!" Allen looked over to see a classical dunk tank with someone trying to get people to play the game. "Why don't you give it a try, dunk my friend, you win a prize!" Allen chuckled at the tiny rhyme and looked at Lyndsey. "Wanna give it a shot?"

Lyndsey gave Allen an amused smile when he said he couldn't resist, she nodded when he suggested target practice. Though when they were stopped by the guy running the dunk tank, she looked at Allen for what he wanted to do. "No, but you can give it a shot. I'd probably just lose." Lyndsey said with a small laugh but she knew it was true, so he could try if he'd like though she won't be doing that. Lyndsey was best at the basketball games and dart ones, so she would definitely be playing those. The ring toss game was fun too, but everyone was bad at that and it was like impossible to win that game.

"Aww, come on. You don't know until you try." He pouted childishly. To demonstrate his point, he lazily threw the ball and hit the switch making the person in said dunk tank land in the water. "Huh. How bout that?" He said while turning to the person manning the stand. "I gots me a prize correct? Well..." He pointed to Lyndsey. "I'll let her choose."

Lyndsey smiled when he pouted, she thought it was quite amusing. Though when he actually hit it and the person went in the water she couldn't help but to laugh, she felt sorry for the person in there though. Lyndsey clapped for Allen playfully, she definitely wouldn't have hit the target. "You know how about you just play the games and I'll be your cheerleader." Now that was her just teasing him since he was probably good at every game here, she looked at Allen then to the man once Allen said she was going to choose. Lyndsey smiled and looked at all of the prizes they had, she pointed to a stuffed elephant since it was the cutest one in her opinion.

Allen laughed at her teasing joke and smiled afterwards. "Oh come now, the last time that happened some of my mom's poker buddies wanted to use me for a ladies only company poker tourney.....I was 6 then so my dad got me outa there fast." He said, remembering a happier time in his youth. While this went on, the attendant got the stuffed elephant and Allen held it to her.

Lyndsey smiled at his memory, she thought that was a nice one. Looks like they were both clinging on to childhood memories, she understood Allen more than she thought she would. Once Allen handed her the elephant she smiled brightly and kissed Allen's cheek, she loved elephants as they were her favorite circus animal. "Thank you." Lyndsey said softly as she hugged the elephant, she remembered the first circus she ever went to with her parents as a family.

Allen had blushed slightly when she smiled and kissed his cheek. "Y-your welcome." He stuttered....he never stuttered even when he was nervous. This was an honest to goodness first for someone like him. But the nervous feeling passed when he realized that her smile wasn't fake. This, he wanted to see more often. More of how she was naturally and not the way society saw her. As they moved onward, a bright idea came from his brain. "Wak-a-mole or Bumper Cars?"

Lyndsey followed beside Allen as they walked, she caught his stuttering with the first thing he said though she didn't get why he seemed nervous. Well Lyndsey has told she makes a lot of people nervous, she is intimidating to many people for some reason. Lyndsey never understood that, but oh well she was not going to think about that right now. She was having fun with Allen and that's all that mattered, she thought they both needed a day to just have fun and let loose. "Definitely bumper cars." Lyndsey said with a nod since those were one of the best things there, and who doesn't have fun on bumper cars after all.

"Onward to the cars with the bumpers." Allen said with a fake but authentic German accent. He was having fun here too, it took alot off of his mind. Though he wanted to hit his head against a wall for that nervous stutter eariler, but otherwise things were going well. "I wonder if you can drift those cars..." He said absent mindedly as they got to the station.

Lyndsey laughed at his German accent, she decided to use a British one. "Yes the bumper cars indeed." She made her way there, she looked at Allen with an amused expression. "I don't know, but I assume they could. You could try." Lyndsey said before she entered the track, she looked at all of the cars and chose a purple one with sparkly sides. It was pretty cool in her opinion, she looked to see which one Allen got in thou since she would be bumping into him a lot.

Allen had took that answer and thought about it for a moment. Then, susprising almost everyone at the station, his lips curved into one playful smirk. While keeping a somewhat calm facade, he jumped into a red one that had stripes on the front. As he waited for the go signal, he saw Lyndsey in a purple sparkly one. Knowing his luck, he would be bumping into her quite a bit. When the go signal sounded, he casually drove foward with a blue car on his tail and a green one in front. When he realized that he was going to get hit, he literally made the tiny car drift and the two who was looking to sandwich him hit each other. "Hey, no drifting!" Said the attendent. "Sorry, but I just had to do that." Allen said while getting bumped by alot of cars.

Lyndsey bumped into a few people here and there, she go bumped into a lot too. Once the attendant called Allen out she couldn't help but to laugh, she drove her car over to his and bumped into him. "I can't believe you actually did that." She said before driving away so he couldn't hit her, but she knew he would probably end up catching up with her. Lyndsey didn't care if he bumped into her obviously since that was the fun in this whole thing, she got bumped into by two other cars though causing her to slow down. Lyndsey didn't get that far from Allen because of that, but she would still try driving away from him.

Allen had smiled the got back to bumping the other cars out of the way. "What can I say, it's a gift." "A gift for what, doing the impossible?" Called out the attendant. Allen shrugged then got back to the game. He hit a few until he wasn't watching in front of them and bumped into Lyndsey's car. "Oh hai there." He said before driving away.

Lyndsey laughed when she was bumped into by Allen, she tried getting out of the way of any oncoming cars. Lyndsey made her way over to Allen and bumped his car back, but before she could drive away the cars stopped. "Awww." Lyndsey said as she gave Allen a playful puppy pout, but she just smiled and got out before exiting the bumper car. Lyndsey waited for him to get out as well, she knew what she wanted to do next.

Allen had laughed at the odd timing. With a shrug, he got out of said car and walked to Lyndsey. For a moment, he saw the puppy dog pout and realized that it looked kind of adorable. "So, what's next?" He asked. Either way, he wouldn't really mind at all because this place always brought out the funnier and good memories within. And they say that carivanals are for kids...yeah right. Here he was, with another teenager and having a good time.

"It's a surprise." Lyndsey said with a smile, she took Allen's hand in hers to lead the way though the crowd. She was not going to be losing him in this mess, she could just text him and ask where she was if she did but that would waste time to get lost. "Ta-da." Lyndsey said as they got to the fun house with nothing but mirrors everywhere, she always thought it was fun to try and find her way out of the hall of mirrors. "Come on." Lyndsey said pulling Allen in with her, she was sure they'd end up lost on this one but she would wait for him if she finished first as she expected he would wait for her.

'A surprise huh?' He thought to himself as she took his along to the next destination. "A funhouse?" He asked more to himself rather than to her. Having no idea he was being pushed in to said house, he looked back at Lyndsey. He smiled a bit before moving over to the side and giving her some room as well. Fun fact: he always wondered who came up with the idea of a house full of mirrors. Looking to his right, he saw his reflection then went forward.