Perfectly Flawed

"Moving on..." Lyndsey trailed off since they have been sitting in silence for a while, and were supposed to be working on their project. "You remember we are meeting after school right? You just have to wait for cheer practice to be over since I can't leave until them." Lyndsey reminded him just in case he forgot, she wasn't sure if he remembered or not. She almost forgot herself until that guy reminded her by asking her out after school, she shook her head at herself since he thought they were going out but she definitely wasn't going anywhere with that guy. Football players weren't people she liked, she hardly liked anyone around here but kept that to herself. Allen wasn't so bad though, but he hadn't gotten on her bad side either.

"Allright." He said with a nod. "Would you rather me wait at the field or at the school gates?" A decent question in his books. Hopefully, he wound't encounter football players that tried to pick on him because that would suck....well for them at least. Luckly, if the field was choosen, he'd stay to the back and be out of sight to most people then give her a signal so she could find him. But if the other option was there, he'd just relax. Maybe call Akihiko or someone back in Japan to pass the time. And there his brain went, planing many moves ahead.

"Well we practice on the football fields obviously, so you can just wait on the bleachers. That's usually where most of our friends, boyfriends, or just creepy guys who watch us sit at. Usually the friends sit in the middle so you can sit with them if you'd like as the creeps sit in the front and the boyfriends in the back, but I mean you can sit wherever." Lyndsey said with a shrug since he could sit by himself if he'd like, but that would cause more questions than if he just clumped in with whatever group he wanted.

He nodded with that decent bit of info. "Ok. One other thing:" He thought about telling her about his stealth skills but decided not to. "Nevermind." Smiling slightly, he could spring in the surprise on just about everyone there but Allen didn't want to seem like an ass. Then again, most of those people there could and probably would be an ass to him. Revenge option number 1 for him. While hidding a small smile, he looked to the front and listened to the teacher drone about sometihng then went back to his own musings for a few seconds then went to his sketchbook for entertainment for the time being.

"Okay." Lyndsey said with a nod, she ran a hand through her hair before watching the clock. Any second now... And then there it was, the bell. Lyndsey gave Allen a small smile before getting up and taking her things, she walked out of the class and into her next class. The rest of the day just seemed to speed by, and Lyndsey was more than pleased with that. One school was officially over she went it the girls locker room, she changed into her cheer uniform and put her clothes into her bag. Lyndsey set all of her things to the side of the bleachers, she ignored Josh when he tried to talk to her and then she started the rehearsal.

Allen had saw her smile at him and quickly realized that it seemed natural but even he couldn't tell. With a shrug, he proceded with the day. As it ended, he almost had forgotten that he was to wait for her cheer pratice to be over. With a sigh, he proceded to the bleachers after his last class. Thinking smartly, he sat near the steps in the middle section and decided to do something simple: meditate. This way, he'd be aware of anyone comming near him and clear his mind to figure out more questions to ask his partner.

Going through the cheer with everyone Lyndsey finished the routine with them, and practice was over. "Lets go." Josh said to her once she went to go over to Allen, she shook her head and pushed Josh away. "I'm not going out with you Josh." Lyndsey said as she went to where Allen was sitting, but of course Josh followed. He glared at Allen before glaring at Lyndsey. "You're not going out with me because of this loser?" He asked angrily. "Hey don't call him a loser, and I'd rather go out with him than you." Lyndsey said as she glared at Josh, she couldn't stand him and this was just angering her more. Josh pushed her aside before yanking Allen up, he was not happy with him and decided to show him that which probably wasn't a good idea on his part though he didn't know.

Allen, while still having his eyes closed noticed that someone had grabbed him. "Hey Lyndsey, Can you do me a favor?" He asked, clearly not even the slightest bit scared. "Call a medic." He said as his eyes opened, giving the feel of staring at the bottom of the ocean. He easily broke the poor hold and got into a quick stance. He gave his enemy absolutely no time as he unleashed a fast open palm thrust to the chest followed by a kick that went to the jaw. Allen didn't let up at all as he made his already flexible body bend low and made one strike miss a kidney and the other one hit. Then to finish, he used a large amount of momentum to lunging forward punch to the stomach and sent the poor fella into the railing and with that, it was over.

"I think I overdid it with that one." He said with a slight chuckle as the idiot who bothered him was unconscious.

Lyndsey just had a confused look when he said to call a medic, and once he started pulling out all the moves on Josh she stood back keeping a distance. Lyndsey was amazed at how he did all that, she didn't know he could fight like he did. Though she kind of felt bad for Josh, she definitely sent someone to get the school nurse. Lyndsey told the girl what to tell the nurse, and of course nobody would go against once Lyndsey told them to do. So the story was that Josh was bugging her and started a fight with another guy which he did, so the other one used self defense on him. Lyndsey didn't want Allen to get in trouble, so she figured sticking around here wasn't the best of ideas.

After grabbing her things and setting it over her shoulder she grabbed Allen's hand, she then pulled him away from the bleachers. "Lets get out of here." Lyndsey said as she pulled him off the field, she wasn't sure where they were going though. "Oh did you want to go to the cafe, or park?" Lyndsey asked curiously, she was really okay with either.

"I would say surprise me but I'm in the mood for coffee so café it is." He said while not even realizing that his partner was leading him along via hand. Well, this sucked; he would have to explain himself for what he did earlier to curious people who just happened to be watching that one-sided fight. Not that he cared much, he'd just tell them that he had a lot of training for that exact reasons. At that point, he agreed that any measure that hid his true strength was a viable option for he didn't want to have a repeat of 2 years ago. As they went to the nearest café, Allen had sneezed almost quietly. "Huh. Some prick is planning a revenge scheme against me, what are the odds." He said in a dull tone of voice. It was something he was very used to, but back to the matter at hand. "I guess that explanations are in order."

Lyndsey had a million thing running through her head so when he first said café she didn't even hear him, but she snapped herself out of it and absently nodded as she led him to the café up the road. Lyndsey led him into the cafe and looked around, she just then realized that she pretty much dragged him the whole way here. "Oh, sorry." Lyndsey said before releasing his hand, she then looked down at her uniform and thought she should have probably changed out of the cheerleading uniform first. Oh well she kinda left in a rush with Allen since she didn't want to be there when the nurse and principal got there, but it wasn't a big deal just attracted curious glances that she didn't want. "An explanation would be nice." Lyndsey said before they were led to a table, she sat down but looked straight to Allen giving him her undivided attention for him to explain.

He nodded to her apology even though he never minded at all. What his mind was on was how to explain all that he did earlier. Great, this would probably suck massively but it was necessary. "Where to start?" He said with a quiet sigh. In the beginning all this spawned from the incident earlier. Then again, she's probably wanted to ask how he had used what he did and maybe after he explained it, why? But he thought that maybe she wouldn't judge him too much. "It's a long story but I'ma make it short. What you saw earlier was-" He stopped to order a coffee with two sugars. "As I was saying, that was a style of Martial Arts I had mastered over the years."

Lyndsey nodded as she thought, but she still didn't understand why he used it. "Okay that makes sense." Studying martial arts wasn't anything bad considering a lot of people do it, but just nobody she's ever known has done it before. Lyndsey ordered a caramel macchiato before looking back to Allen, she didn't think it was a big deal but he could get himself in some serious trouble if he kept going around and doing that to people. "You know you could have gotten like expelled or suspended right? Why didn't you just push him off and make him back down instead of knocking him unconscious?" Lyndsey asked with a small amused expression, she thought it was kind of funny since well she hated Josh but she was trying to be serious.

"I know. I already informed the principal and the teachers that he was meting with due to a incident earlier where someone tried to steal my necklace. Come to think of it, it was those same guys that hang out with that one person who keeps giving you trouble." At the mention of a necklace, he reached into his shirt and pulled out said teal teardrop. "This was something I got from a important friend before heading back to the states. I know it sounds materialistic as hell but even the girl who gave it to me had made me promise to keep it close to my heart." He said as he put said necklace back underneath his shirt. "But your right though. Maybe that was overkill."

"Okay that makes sense. Yeah might have just overdone it a little, but on the bright side he won't be picking on you anymore and being a jerk to me." Lyndsey said since Josh always bugged her about going out with him, and he was a jerk to her considering he treated her like she had o say in anything. Lyndsey looked as their drinks came back, she got out her notebook so she could write down his martial arts skills. Also Lyndsey would be asking Allen more questions so they could get a good grade on their project. "What's your favorite type of movie?" Lyndsey asked curiously as she looked out the window, she saw the theater sign so it made her think of that question for him.

"I personally favor comedy type movies but action is good as well." He took a sip of his ordered coffee and looked at her. "What about yours?" He said while setting his cup down. In all honesty, he wanted to know the story between her and that other guy. Well whatever it was, it certainly wasn't good at all. Allen really hated men that thought that women were nothing to them for it made him sick to his stomach. But she was right in the fact that said guy wouldn't be bothering the two of them anymore. It was a win-win situation after all.

"I like most types of movies actually. I just don't like the kind that are too happy, and have a lot of sappy romance like the Notebook and Titanic." Lyndsey said with a shrug since those movies really annoyed her, and as well as The Vow. Lyndsey liked horror because it gave her ideas on how to take her life, but a lot of the times she tried she failed. Such as when Allen found her ready to jump off the bridge into the water, she got that idea from The Ring when the girls mother threw herself off a cliff and her daughter down a well. Pretty disturbing she knows, but she wasn't hurting anyone else by doing that anyway. The only harm she was causing was to herself, she was pretty sure nobody cared about her anyway. Her father didn't, and all of her friends were fake. Lyndsey looked at Allen for him to ask his next question, she thought of a question in the process of waiting for his.

Allen had somewhat caught something from her answer about favorite movies. It was a good thing that she liked most of them but the romance ones. He had to agree, for every Titanic or The Notebook there was bound to be some really stupid ones. And what were those stupid ones? Well, your better off not knowing. With a sigh, he began with "Lets say that there was something horrible that either happened to you or someone around you." He never really wanted to ask this question but he absolutely needed to get this off his chest. "Would you give anything to change it or help?"

Lyndsey listened as he asked his question, and almost immediately she broke eye contact with him. Lyndsey stirred around her drink with the straw a few moments as she thought about her mom, she closed her eyes for not even half a second before opening them again. Though she still kept her eyes down as she spoke. "Absolutely." Lyndsey answered with a nod, she would give absolutely anything. Even her soul if she had to in order to bring her mother back. It was horrible, but she didn't want to think about it anymore. The memory was just too painful. "What about you?" Lyndsey asked Allen curiously, she took a deep breath before making eye contact again.

Allen had nodded and kept quiet for a moment. This question was a sore spot no matter what or how it was worded. His normally midnight blue eyes that hid most of his emotions showed sadness...and sorrow. If anything, he would give his life and then some to help. A long time back, he had almost done it. As for the story: Well, your better off not knowing. For now, he looked at his reflection in the cup of coffee and took a drink after a few moments.