Perfectly Flawed

"I'd choose that too. People see me as the dumb cheerleader, so I guess it would just be nice to have that." Lyndsey said before shrugging since it was true, she got no credit or respect around school. She did all of her homework and always got A's, but people think she makes nerds do her homework and copies off their tests. Heck, even the teachers think that and just don't say anything. They're wrong though since Lyndsey would never do anything like that, but she wouldn't bother trying to change their minds since they didn't matter to her anyway. She wouldn't waste her time.

"So we're the classical school steroytyes: The 'dumb' cheerleader and the nerd. Anything else we're missing?" He said with a slight chuckle and finger quotes aroung the 'dumb' portion. Oddly, Allen could say that he was having fun today. Speaking of today, it was already half past 7. As they all say, time flies when your having fun. "I kinda do have another question but i'll save it for another time." That time was probally whenever she felt like that she could trust him, but he knew that it wouldn't be for qute some time now. "Oh how I wish that things were different." He whispered to himself.

"Guess so." Lyndsey agreed with a nod, she really didn't laugh or smile much anymore. Unless it was fake of course since she was a cheerleader, so when cheering she had to put on a fake smile. Lyndsey used to always smile and laugh, but since her mother passed she hasn't genuinely done an of those. "You can ask now, but I mean if you would rather ask later then okay." Lyndsey said with a shrug since she really didn't see why it mattered when he asked the question. "Oh, I guess I should be going soon. We can continue tomorrow if you'd like, or whenever you're free." Lyndsey said after she got the text saying her friend would be there soon, so she put her notebook and pencil back in her bag. "For a 'nerd' you're not that bad." Lyndsey said jokingly as she got up, she smoothed down her skirt before waiting on the I'm here text.

"I guess I can say the same for a cheerleader like yourself." He said with a slight smile. "And as to continue, anytime would be good with me." It wasn't like he had much to do after school anyways. Allen spent most of the time gamming or other stuff. Which does remind him that his video game systems are in his bedroom withing a box. With a non-commitical shrug, he kinda wished that he had a cat or some pet around to play with. Mabye he'd get one some time into the future.

Lyndsey nodded and thought to herself for a second, she really didn't do anything after school either but tomorrow she did have cheerleading practice. "Well tomorrow after school I have practice, but after do you want to meet me somewhere? Like maybe the park, or at a cafe? Any place really, but I think if we change around the scenery a few times we will think about more things to ask." Lyndsey said with a shrug since if they were at a park that gave her more questions like if he likes dogs, and stuff like that. If they were at a cafe then what his favorite dessert was, she just thought of simple things like that.

"Sure, thats a good idea." He nodded, closed his eyes and took a slight breath. Allen had, for some reason, sensed something outside. "Isn't that your friend pulling up?" He asked in a curious manner. If he got it right, then that would be funny but if not...well thats another explination for another time. It wasn't that he wanted her in his place, it was just gettting late and he was kinda worried about her and what her parents would say.

"I don't know." Lyndsey said with a small shrug since she didn't know, she hadn't received the text yet so of course she wouldn't know. Though as if on cue her phone went off, she looked at the text and nodded. "Yeah, it is. Well bye, see you tomorrow." Lyndsey said before walking out of his door, she got in her friends car and was driven home. Just as expected her dad was asleep, she quietly headed up to her room and decided t get ready for bed. Lyndsey had nothing better to do with her life, but every night before bed she always had to do one thing. Something she had become addicted to, and she does it whenever something goes wrong and right before bed. Lyndsey hid her razor blades under a seashell in her bathroom, she knew her dad would be furious if he found them. Once that was over with she was able to relax now, and go to bed.

'Wow, I'm either psychic or just that awesome.' Allen thought to himself as he waived goodby to her. As she left, he sighed and went to his bedroom. With that, the one box that he somewhat waited until after she hand left so there would be no quesions about the downer subjects. He smiled as he put some picture frams on the twin sized bed, followed by a nintendo 3ds, ps3/p and his labtop. As he unloaded the last of the items on the bed, he reached down into the box and found a necklace. Said necklace was a odd piece of work as it was shapped into a teardrop, but teal color with a pearl whirlpool in the middle.

Lyndsey sighed as she stared at her ceiling in thought, she was a little confused. She had all of the friends a person could have but yet she still felt so alone, but maybe that was because her friends were fake? Lyndsey wasn't sure, but she would like to be able to have fun with someone though she knew that wasn't going to happen. After about an hour she shut her eyes deciding it was time for bed, and she felt right asleep. Her alarm clock woke her up though she didn't care right now, she turned it off before taking a shower. Lyndsey put on some mascara before brushing her teeth and putting some cream on her wrists, she was keeping her hair straight today. Lyndsey put on a light blue sundress since it was pretty cute and outlined in white lace, she added some white heels to go with it. Lyndsey headed out the door with her book bag to go to school, she didn't mind school all that much though and actually preferred to be there since it wasn't home.

As Allen woke up the next day, which sadly was a school day, he looked at his face in the mirror and sighed. Now that he thought of it, his scar kinda brought out his odd eye color. With a shrug, he got his bag ready for the day. When his backpack was done, he decided to get dressed but ran into a roadblock when he didn't think of what he wanted to wear for the day. Allen shrugged and went with a white shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes. As he was nearing the door, he went back into his room and got the necklace and put it on. For some reason, Allen couldn't forget about it...well that and his headphones which were in his pockets already. With that, he locked his place up and took the slightly long walk to school.

Lyndsey got to school and headed to her locker, she ignored her friends as they gossiped on and on about something that was none of their business. "I'm going to class." That was the really only thing she said and they nodded before heading off to class too, she really didn't want to be here anymore. School seemed more like a chore, but not because elf learning or homework because the people in it were so annoying and obnoxious. Taking out her notebook to start the day they of course had a quiz, but she didn't mind that. The material it was over was easy like most things they learn here, she wasn't super smart or anything but she studied hard to get all A's and had common sense to know these things.

As he got to school, Allen was getting more and more looks from the populace. Some were with curiousity and a few othes were tring to think of what could be different. To those who wanted to think with a more dirty mind, well he'd ignore them. But those thoughts of the populase were intrupted as some jocks blocked his path. As to what they said, he completely ignored them and tried to walk around them. Well, he tried as one just randomly decided to grab him. "Word of warning: Don't piss me off." He tried to warn them but they didn't listen as one made a move to take his necklace.

Bad move. As he got within seconds of it, he grabbed the offending jock's hand and and twisted it until the point to where it hurt. When another tried to punch him, he side stepped it then delievered a small two punch combo followed by a quick sweep kick to take the next one down. With tha display, the offending jocks grabbed their hurt friends and left. Little did everyone know, Allen knew Chinese Martial Arts.

Lyndsey was minding her own business before one of the guys on the football team came over to her, he wore a cocky smirk as he took a seat next to her and openly stared at her. "What do you want Josh?" Lyndsey asked clearly annoyed, he was after all annoying her. "You of course." Yeah that was not the response she wanted, she wasn't having a good morning as usual and this jerk was going to make it worse. "Go away." Lyndsey said unamused as she didn't even look at him, she just wished she wasn't here right now or better yet never been born. That would make everyone's lives better. "Aw come on, hey were going out after school today. After football and cheer of course." He added with a wink before walking away to even giving her time to decline. If he thought she was going anywhere with I'm then he was delusional.

After this boring class was over Lyndsey headed to English next, she knew they were just working on their get to know each other project though. Lyndsey watched as all the kids who were here so far went to their partners, she took a seat at one of the tables that were set up and acted for Allen. Lyndsey took out her notebook with her notes on him, she hadn't seen him take any notes so she would ask him about it. She didn't want to fail this project at all.

After a bit of talking to from the principal and whoever else was there and explaining the self defense portion, he was cleared to head back to whatever class that was there. As he was walking to the class, Allen was completely in his own thoughts. "Maybe I shoulda held back a bit...." He mumbled to himself. To be honest, he could've seriously hurt someone with that earlier stunt if he seriously wanted to. The last time he seriously hurt someone, he almost got himself in some legal troubles for nearly injuring someone who had attacked a close friend of his back in Japan.

"Come to think of it, wonder what Akihiko would say?" He said more to himself as his body was on auto-pilot as he got to the classroom at sat at his desk. "Then again, he'd probably say the same and tell me to keep training." He shrugged at the reference of an old friend and got back to his thoughts.

Lyndsey got up from her seat and went over to Allen, he seemed pretty out of it for some reason. "Have you been taking notes?" Lyndsey asked curiously as she opened up her notebook to take notes, she got out her pink fluffy pencil too. Lyndsey didn't understand why Allen wasn't taking notes since they had to write a whole paper, and even if he could remember it all they would get points taken off. "You do know that we have to turn in the notes right?" She knew he didn't want to get a good grade like her, so hopefully he would start writing down notes. Lyndsey didn't want to take them either, but she knew she had to though.

Allen, while still thinging to himself, reached into his bag and....pulled out the paper(s) that was needed to be turned in? "Did it late last night while some family called." He explained while spinning his pencil in the palm of his hand. "Eventhough I have nigh-perfect memory, I kinda forgot that the teach wanted a paper." He shrugged and put the pencil back on this desk. To be honest, they'd be better without that paper ideal but he only did the assigment not make the dammded thing.

(Sorry for the delay.)

"Okay, I was just making sure." Lyndsey said with a small shrug since she wasn't trying to be demanding herself, but it was just what the teacher wanted and she had no say in that. Lyndsey pulled down the sleeves of her white cardigan a little before playing with the ends of her light blue lace summer dress, she was a little hot with the cardigan on yeah but she had to wear it. People just thought she wore a cardigan for fashion reasons, but really she was just covering her wrists with it. It was hot out since it was April, but she didn't really care. There were just some things people didn't need to know, and if that meant wearing a cardigan when it was hot out then so be it.

(No worries)

Allen had shrugged after she said his piece and went back to his thoughts. For the most part, it was the fact that he really needed to hold back before he got in legal troubles again. But to those that knew him well (and in that school, it was very few), he had seen Lyndsey mess with her sleeves and put together a tiny theory. 'Shows signs of scars on the arms or wrists. Importance: Minimum. Recommended course of action: put aside until further notice.' He thought to himself as he looked at his own wrists. Maybe wearing weights was a good idea after all.

Lyndsey noticed Allen looked at her arms for a small moment when she messed with her sleeves, she didn't know if he saw the scars or not but he better not say anything if he did. Lyndsey just gave him a look that said back off, she didn't want anyone to know and she was doing a good job at it so far. Lyndsey wasn't trying to be mean to Allen or anything, but she couldn't have this getting out at all. The last thing she wanted was more attention, and bad attention at that. It'd just push her to another suicide attempt, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing... Well she still would rather have people not know, she wanted it her little secret even if it caused a lot of stress.

When he saw her look at him, he already stood by his idea to put it behind for futher notice. And for the funnies, he wasn't even phased by said look. With a shrug, he went back to his musing until his own instincts went up again as he caught a ball of paper that would've hit him on the head. Sighing, he tossed the ball in his desk. 'Man, people are idiots. Then again, I can reveal any of my training efforts here.' Was his thoughs as he thought of the eariler incidents. If only this day could be over with already, he kinda wanted out of here.