Perfectly Flawed

Lyndsey wrote down the color in her notebook, she waited on him now since she wasn't going to ask all the questions. "You have to ask me a question now." Lyndsey said with a sigh and a shake of her head, she watched curiously as he dropped a piece of paper then picked it up. Lyndsey saw the drawing and looked over to Allen, she understood being bored all too well. "I see I'm not the only one who draws absurd images when they're bored." Lyndsey said as she flipped to the back of her notebook, but her picture was of a coffin with a whole bunch of sparkles in it signifying Edward Cullen was officially dead. Lyndsey didn't like Twilight, she was one of those people who made fun of it.

She then flipped the notebook back over as she waited for Allen's question, she hoped it was simple like what was her favorite animal. Though even if he asked a question she didn't want to answer she would probably just say I don't know, so either way she figured she should be fine. Lyndsey of course didn't want to fail the project though, so she would make more effort later on.

As Allen put the picture back in the notebook, he looked at the picture in her notebook and almost broke out laughing. "Seems like we have a lot of things in common." 'In more ways than one...' He finished internally as he smiled. "Seems like your quite popular. Hows' that going by the way? And if it seems too personal, im sorry in advance." An odd and completely over the top question to ask yeah, but it was one none the less. At the very least, he didn't ask her out or something. Though a part of him accutally wanted to but as the saying goes: 'Business before pleasure' or something like that.

Silently, he leaned back in his chair and looked into her eyes. What purpose this had, it would be answered at another time.

Lyndsey just nodded with a fake smile as he said they had things in common, she never really genuinely smiled anymore. Lyndsey shook her head when he mentioned her popularity, but she would answer that question since she didn't mind that all that much. "Is that all anyone cares about?" Lyndsey asked curiously, she sometimes wish people would want to get to know her for something other than her popularity. "It's going as good as it gets. I'm the most popular girl in school. So popularity wise it's great, but truthfully it sucks. You're lucky you're not popular." Lyndsey said truthfully though she didn't mean for the last part to be mean, she did think people who weren't popular were lucky.

Lyndsey looked up to the clock seeing how much time they had left, she figured they could just continue this at his house or something. They definitely won't be going over to Lyndsey's, she wouldn't risk both of their safety. "So can we continue this at your house, or would your parents mind?" Lyndsey asked Allen curiously.

"Gota point there." He said while relaxing slightly. Truth be told, popularity always seemed like it sucked but he was glad that he wasn't a causality to it. Then again, he realized long ago that even though they may be popular, they'd still want to be treated like normal people. In which it did good for him; he never really let anyone into his inner circle unless he got to know them for a while. "The answer to your first question: Yes, most of society does seem to put popularity over humanity. As for the second:..."

That's when he stopped. She had asked that question that anyone would normally be embarrassed to answer. "And there's the kicker." He mumbled as his head hung downward. This is always a somewhat sore question and situation to explain. "I live alone."

Lyndsey nodded in agreement when he said society put popularity over humanity, she thought that was really stupid and made no sense. It's not like being popular got you anywhere in life outside of high school, so she didn't see why it was so great. Plus it was annoying having people pretending to be friends with you.

"Oh uh okay." Lyndsey said since she didn't want to press the subject, she didn't know his life but she was curious as to why he lived alone. She wouldn't ask about his parents though since she didn't want him to ask about hers. "So is that a no?" Lyndsey asked curiously, she wasn't sure if that meant they couldn't continue the project at his house or if he was just informing her he lived alone. Either way Lyndsey would be fine if her and Allen did the project at a park or something, she just wouldn't continue it at her house but she still didn't see the problem with going to his house.

"Yeah, it's still a sore subject with both sides of my family, mostly my mother's." He admitted with a slight sigh. "But you can," He said to press away from that subject. "Only down side is that the new place is close to the other end of town." Thank the heavens that he knew something like this was going to happen and set things up early. All of his furniture from his previous place was moved within the first week and he fixed it up before things got too messy. Then came the matter of buying food, but that'll be addressed later on. At the very lest, he could be a good host to his project partner.

Lyndsey looked up to the time on the clock, she nodded and knew they only had a few moments more left. "Okay you can just text me your address then." Lyndsey said as she wrote down her number on a piece of paper, she folded it so people around couldn't see. Lyndsey put it on his desk before getting up, she moved the desk she was sitting in back to its original place. "See you later." She added once the bell rang and gathered her stuff before leaving the class, she hated paying attention to her other classes. Though once lunch came around Lyndsey was glad, she grabbed her lunch and headed outside. She set her things down on the only table that was out there, she liked eating outside since nobody else did and it was a chance to get some peace.

Allen nodded and put the piece of paper into his binder. "Yeah." He watched her go with a slight smile on his face. As the bell rang, he sighed and packed up his stuff. The rest of his remaining classes were really a breeze until lunch rolled around. He streched his tired bones and now got his things and put on his trenchcoat. As happy as he was, he really wanted to get this over with. So, he grabed a quick snack from the vending machine and proceded to go about his business with some music comming from his earbuds.

Lyndsey always had an easy time with her classes and grades, so she never considered any of her classes hard even if others found them difficult and struggled. Though people still thought Lyndsey was stupid, and they seriously believed that she got nerds to do all of her work for her. Oh well just let them believe whatever they want. When lunch finally came around Lyndsey was glad since she planned on eating alone today, she just didn't want to hear about stupid gossip and rumors that they made up. Lyndsey packed her lunch since she is a vegetarian, so the school lunches didn't really have that as an option. Lyndsey knew her so called friends wouldn't even notice her absence anyway, so she slipped outside of the lunchroom and ate at the only table that was out there as she read a book.

For Allen, he simply just made sure that he wasn't seen so any rumors wanted to start up. As he had left, he looked to the right and saw that the coast was clear. As for the left, it was...ok not so clear as he saw Lindsey reading a book. While holding in a facepalm, he quietly left so he wouldn't be seen by her or anyone who would be follownig him. When he reached the other side of the gates, he took to the left and continued his treck to his new apartment.

After a 30 minute walk and a slight stair climb, he opened the door up to see...living room like area nearly full of boxes. "Ok," He said as he tossed his trenchcoat and bag to the side. "Time to get to work." And thus, he spent most of the time unpacking.

Once school was over Lyndsey made her way home, she looked down at her shoes as she walked. Once home she cleaned up around her house, she didn't want her dad to be mad. Lyndsey also made her fathers dinner so it would be there when he got home, she wasn't sure how long she'd be over at Allen's. that is if he texted her his address, she hadn't received any new messages, so if she didn't get to then whatever but she would not be getting a bad grade on this project considering it's a big chunk of their grade.

Hmmmm... How would she get to his house? Lyndsey wasn't exactly sure since she didn't have her car anymore, but then she rolled her eyes at herself. She had a list of contacts, and people would jump at the chance to talk to her. Lyndsey would just have to ask someone and without any questions they'd take her over to wherever he lived, so she pretty much was set now.

"Ok, that was tiring." He exclaimed as he plopped down on the couch behind him. How'd that couch get there? Well here's a flashback.

- A few hours into the unpacking, a knock was heard from the door. Confused, Allen opened the door to see 2 guys carrying a couch. With a raised eyebrow, he cleared the way for them as they put the couch down. "Who hired you guys?" He asked still confused. "A guy named Wayne. You know him?" As one guy asked that, Allen facepalmed. "Yeah, he's my uncle." "Oh. Well we're just here to get the furniture here, he already paid us in advance."Explained the guy on the other side of the couch. With a nod, the 3 of them unloaded the necessary stuff for the apartment with record time. After the movers were done, they left, and Allen moved most of the empty boxes out of the way. The only ones that were unpacked were the ones in his room, which were clothes, all his hobby stuff, pictures and a few family heirlooms.-

"I have to thank Uncle Wayne when I get the chance." He said mostly to himself as he looked at the slip of paper that was on the table. With a sigh, he picked up his cell phone and texted a message to Lindsey. -"Allen here. Sorry I took so long, unpacking stuff by yourself sucks. Do you need my address?"- With his message sent out, he put his phone in his pocket and went to unpack his more personal things.

Lyndsey picked up her phone when it vibrated, she saved Allen's number in her phone. Yes please. Lyndsey texted back since she would need it, she also texted a friend named Sarah, she always followed Lyndsey and did whatever she was told to do. Lyndsey knew her dad would be home like any second, she wanted to get out of the house before her dad for home but she would just have to deal with him.

When her dad came home he was already angry, and of course would take it out on her. Lyndsey listened to him yell at her and it was always the same thing. Degrading words, name calling, abuse, and much more. After it all Lyndsey repeated what she did every night -the only thing that helped her calm down- and it was always the same. It just let out relief, but she had to clean up the mess as well as bandage her wrists for a moment or two. She took the bandages off and put cream on them, and it always made it feel better too. Well Lyndsey covered things up well, so whenever she went over to Allen's it will be as if nothing ever happened.

Allen took this phone out and looked at his phone and saw the message. -"Alright." He keyed in the address to the apartment complex. -"Odd thing is that it's only about 30 minutes to the east of school."- He included before he sent the message out. As he unpacked his stuff in his room, he reached a certain item from the first box and smiled sadly. The picture was standard family picture. His father looked mostly like him but the only difference was that his eyes was brownish-black eyes. As for his mother, she seemed was the epitome of the word "Beautiful". She had jet black hair with natural blue tips, and light blue eyes. As for the little girl that was standing near him, she looked like the both of parents but mostly like her mother while Allen looked like his father. The only thing that was different was Allen's midnight blue eyes to contrast his sister's ligher blue.

After a sad smile, he put the picture next to his bed and went to the kitchen/dining room area and sat down at the table. Truth be told, he missed his parents and sister dearly. A sigh excaped his lips as he looked at the ceiling.

Lyndsey got the text and read it, she then waited for Sarah to get here and pick her up. Once she got the text saying she was here she ran down the stairs, but Lyndsey stopped at her dad who laid there drunk passed out on the couch. Lyndsey frowned a little before grabbing a blanket, she carefully pulled it over him and kissed his cheek gently. Despite everything he did to Lyndsey and what he put her through she couldn't help it, she wanted her dad to love her and not hurt her but she couldn't control that. With a sigh Lyndsey stepped out of the door and got in Sarah's car, and she told him the address which was really the only talking they did.

"What happened to your lip?" We're the words that finally broke Lyndsey put of her thoughts, she gave Sarah a curious look before putting her fingers on her lip. Surely enough it was bleeding, she closed her eyes before thinking of something. "I tripped down the stairs, and I guess I must have hurt it." Lyndsey said with a casual shrug, but in reality her dad did it to her of course. Lyndsey grabbed some tissues from her purse, she put it on her lip to take some of the blood away. Lyndsey got out of the car once they arrived at Allen's, she rang the doorbell and patiently waited for the door to open.

"One sec." He called out as he got up and headed to the door. 'Well then, show time.' With a hidden sigh, Allen opened up the door and proceeded to let her in. "Welcome. Sorry if things seem abit messy." At the very least, he was going to be a good host. Though, he noticed something seemed off about his guest. As he shrugged, he went to the kitchen. "Can I get you something to drink?" Allen asked politely. Of all things he could do, he wasn't going to let his feelings ruin this project.

Lyndsey stepped in once he let her, she looked around the house before putting her book bag down by the couch. "It's not messy." Lyndsey said with a shrug, she watched as he went to the kitchen. "Uhm just a water please." Lyndsey said as she followed where she went, but she stopped by the kitchen counter and leaned against it. Lyndsey's eyes traveled around since it was a new place, but then she turned her attention to Allen. Lyndsey tried thinking of some potential questions she could ask him, and she thought of a few though they weren't really that good. "Do you think we're doing the project right? Like just asking each other questions?" Lyndsey asked curiously since she wasn't sure what the best way to get to know somebody was and see how they lived, she never had to before so she found this a little difficult.

At that, Allen shrugged as he was fixing their cups of water. With a repressed chuckle, he looked over his shoulder at Lindsey. " 'You don't know a man unless you walk a mile in his moccasins'. Hell, I bet some people didn't really think this far...." He turned around with two glasses of water with 3 ice cubes in it. " Besides, some questions can lead to an understanding." He set her cup down next to her as he took a sip of his. "I can tell that this seems a tad bit difficult. To be honest, this project seems vauge to me. Most would ask the simple things but we all know that simplicity sometimes doesn't make the cut." He said in a very sage like manner as he leaned on the counter slightly.

"Ew. People should not wear moccasins anymore." Lyndsey noted with a shake of her head, she played with the ends of her hair boredly. "Well also people in our class are stupid, so they are probably not going to do anything at all and fail. I can't afford to fail, so we are going to take this project seriously. Okay?" Lyndsey asked curiously since she wanted to get good grades for college, she wanted to be accepted into an ive league school which meant good grades. "Thank you." Lyndsey said appreciatively before taking a drink of her water, she looked at the cup before looking at Allen. "Don't worry it comes off easily." Lyndsey said since her lipstick came off on the glass, she set the glass done on the counter before nodding to what he said about it being vague as she thought that too.

He chuckled slightly at her little jab towards the quote he had said. At first, he looked at her when she said that she can't afford to fail this project. With an raised eyebrow, he smirked and put his glass on the counter. "No offence, but you seem smart enough. But that's true, we can't fail this." Allen had his own goals to strive for and most of them depended on how he was seen during his high-school years. He nodded when she told him that her lipstick stain wouldn't be too much trouble. Speaking of trouble-"Mabye I should at least call and check up on them..." He muttered slightly, thinking of some friends from across the world.