Perfectly Flawed

"No offense? Usually it's the other way around. No offense, but you don't seem smart enough." Lyndsey said with a small shrug since usually that's what she always got, she was thought of as unintelligent but was really quite the opposite. Oh well she'd let them believe what they wanted, and it's not like any of the people who thought that were her true friends. They were just the people everyone thought she liked as friends, but they couldn't be more wrong. "Who?" Lyndsey asked curiously since Allen was mumbling about calling them or something like that, but she had no idea what he was saying.

"Hm?" He looked at her slightly, then smiled. "Oh, just some friends from across the pond." Allen explained slightly. Truth be told, he hasn't called them in quite some time and they would pretty pissed off whenever it happened...well, at least if any of the girls answered the phone. If if was the guys, then shenanigans were to be had. "Believe it or not, I haven't been back in the states since I was 12. My parents always thought that seeing the world was good for the young to do early on, so I've been to Germany and France for about a week but spent most of my time in Japan due to my mother's heritage."

"Okay." Lyndsey said as she tried remembering that, she soon disappeared before coming back with her notebook and matching pen. Lyndsey wrote down all of that since she could use that, she didn't have much to say about her parents though. "So do you like living alone?" Lyndsey asked Allen curiously since she knew she'd love it, but then again she was probably in a different situation than him. Lyndsey would just asked him a few questions here and there, and then she would answer the questions that he came up with.

"Eh, its easier than some think. Though I do get tired at everybody and their mothers asking me 'how do you do it?' and 'are you lonely?'. Well, if i didn't have a disposable income then i'd be in some real shit. But i really dont worry too much about loneliness." He said with a sigh, knowing that he made the ultimate slip-up. He even wondered how she would take the bit of info about his income. "But enough about that, what's your home life like?"

Lyndsey nodded and wrote down what she said, she wouldn't care about being lonely. That was better than living with an abusive father in her mind. "Disposable income?" Lyndsey asked curiously wanting to know what he meant by that as she wrote it down, but more than anything she wanted to avoid the question he asked her about her home life. Lyndsey wouldn't answer his question, she couldn't and didn't want anyone to know. Plus she hardly knew Allen so she couldn't trust practically a stranger.

"Yeeahh, about that...." Allen sighed and shook his head. "I'm kinda filthy stickin rich." He had no complete idea on how she would take it so maybe an explanation seemed in order. "Y'see, my parents set up a 'contingency plan' stating that if anything were to happen to them, I'd 'inherit' all the money from their personal accounts. They ran a company who's popularity was about the same level as Microsoft." Allen concluded with a slight drink of water. For some reason, he saw that she had somewhat avoided his question about her home life. He'd let it slide...for now.

"No offense but I would have never guessed that." Lyndsey said truthfully as she wrote down what he said, she didn't peg Allen for the rich type but hey it was a surprise at the least. Lyndsey didn't care about the money people have or don't have, she didn't really judge with things like that. Lyndsey was glad that he didn't ask her his question again, she wondered how many times she would have to avoid certain questions he will be asking soon enough. "Do you mind if we work in the living room?" She looked at Allen curiously, she would much rather work on a more comfortable couch.

He nodded to her idea of working in the living room and decided to keep it going. "Most wouldn't. Unlike other rich folk, I won't go around flaunting my money like its going out of style." He sat on the couch and let out a deep breath. "And besides, i like to keep things easy. So, i'm not gonna go big with it until im about 25." Allen leaned back slighly. "But what are you plans-after the Ivy Leauge college?"

"That's smart. People would probably continuously bug you at school." Lyndsey said with a nod since she understood why he would want to keep things easy, she was always bugged at school because of both money and popularity. She didn't want to be bugged though, she really hated having friends who weren't really her friends. "My plans are pretty impractical." Lyndsey said with a small shrug, she knew they were but that didn't mean she couldn't try. I want to be a lawyer and a singer." Lyndsey said as she drew little dots on her paper, she knew lawyers were really getting out of their jobs because there were too many of them and then being a singer is hard to get to.

"A lawyer/singer?" To be honest, Allen was wholeheartily confused. It was good to set goals but to put together two somewhat high-yeald careers? Now that would be a challenge. "You kinda sounded like a friend of mine; he wanted to be a pro boxer and a police officer for some reason. Odd thing is, he accutally pulled it off I think. Though I can't really talk, My major career plans elude to me creating a small business and reach the top." It seemed like a noble thing to do, take the small route to get back to where his family was before. Knowing this, he still wanted to give it a go.

"That seems achievable though. A lot of people start with a small business, and then end up building a large and wealthy corporation. Like my father." Lyndsey didn't want to say that but it was true, he did start out with a small business but now he was very successful with his corporations. "I guess I will go for being a lawyer, but I still want to sing so I might just do a few open mic things." With a shrug she wrote down what Allen wanted to do, she thought they were getting somewhere with this project.

Allen had heard something about her father in this past minute and a half so he put it to his mind for further investigation. But to the major topic at hand, part of his mind wanted to minor in psychology or something that could add to his very easy plans. "Well hey, more power to ya." He concluded with a sincere smile. In all honesty, it was good that she knew what she had wanted to do. Still, the whole part about singing reminded him of....nevermind, save it for another time. Speaking of time, he should be writing it all down but cause of his nigh-photographic memory he didn't really need to.

"Hm what to ask." Lyndsey tapped her finger on her cheek as she thought, she started doodling hearts on her notebook as she thought about what to ask Allen. "Okay if you could do absolutely anything right now what would you do? It doesn't have to be practical by the way." Lyndsey asked curiously as she thought about what her own answer would be, she always wanted to see Paris, but there was one thing she would rather do more than anything right now.

"Hmmm....do anything at the moment and it doesn't have to be pratical....." He leaned back and relaxed slightly and donned a thoughtful expression on his face. That was a really good question after all. "Hmm.......I'd probably just randomly disappear and not to be seen for about a week or more and just travel. I mean, i already seen quite a bit of the world so why not keep it going." Allen said after a while.

Lyndsey nodded as she wrote that down, she was trying to get questions with some depth that weren't too personal. Lyndsey didn't want to give him the wrong idea in thinking that he could ask her personal questions too, but depending on the question she thought she might answer it. The only personal questions she wouldn't answer was about her dad, and some other things but Lyndsey didn't mind talking about her mom since everyone knows she's dead. Snapping out of her thoughts Lyndsey looked back up at Allen, and awaited his question.

Allen smiled slightly and looked up at the ceiling. After years of traveling around, he wouldn't mind heading to more 'backwood' places. Speaking of which "If you wasn't living here, where would you be living?" He asked as they were still on the travel subject. It seemed like a rather good question. If he had answer that, he'd probably still be living back in Japan but thats his opinion. At the very least, there's few people who would understand his (and by proxy Lyndsey's, but not that he knew that fact yet) plight.

Lyndsey thought about his question, she thought to herself that she wouldn't be living but she knew that wasn't the answer he was looking for. "I guess Paris. I like Paris for some reason, so probably there." Lyndsey said with a small nod, she tapped her pencil on her notebook before thinking. "Which would you rather have? Wealth, power, or admiration and why?" Lyndsey asked randomly curious to what his answer would be, she knew she would go with admiration since respect was more important to her.

Allen nodded with her reasons for choosing Paris of all places. "Hm. I heard it's supposed to be nice this time of year." He mumbled slightly but rescheduled his thoughts to her current question. "hmm.....Wealth, Power or Admiration. To be honest," He put his head into his left hand and looked back at Lyndsey. "Neither. To me, wealth leads to overconfidence and bigotry; Power tends to corrupt almost everyone and admiration leads to more problems than that JayZ song. Although i already have the wealth concept covered but i aim not to let myself get bigheadded. Power and admiration comes within each other so whenever that happens, it happens."

Lyndsey lightly shook her head, she understood what he meant though. "I completely agree with you, but if you had to choose one." Lyndsey rephrased as she looked at him for his answer, she thought she would want admiration since that's really the only thing she didn't have. Lyndsey was wealthy and could care less about that, she had power in school but also cared less about that, and then there was no admiration. Hardly anyone gave her respect, so of course she wanted that. Nothin extreme since its not like she needed everyone to show her respect, but at least one person would be nice. Her dad didn't even respect her, but that was a different story.

Allen chuckled slightly and looked at Lyndsey. "Well, if it was only one choice, then it'd be admiration. I'm kind of a social outcast most of the time, plus i'm oddly quiet unless i know the person. Besides, a little bit of admiration could go a long way." He explained while streching himself outwards. As the two of them sat, he went over the mental notes that he had for her. So far, it seemed like she was normal, just a bit down in pits.