Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how does this work now. Do I start my turn as if nothing happened, or do I have some sort of penalty?

However you think your character would feel after being brought back to consciousness after a heavy hit would work. I'm graying the rules here since it's text based and Pathfinder tends to get really technical so roleplaying can get overlooked at times. For instance, normally going unconscious means you fall prone. It takes an action to get up from that, and then another to get your weapon if it fell from your hands as you went down. However, an orc, even a half-orc, might be more likely to jump up and swing at the same time depending on his/her personality.

I'm trying to be less of a stickler for the rules with this because I want this to still be all about the roleplay but still have the mechanics in line for combat and determining your skills.

When Aldran was in the same situation last round, he got up but didn't attack this time. I did that because while Aldran has a personality that makes him seem like a hot head, he's also new to fighting like this so he'd have needed a breather. For Belros, it's up to you on how he'd handle being brought back like that.

Think I'm gonna pull back, I don't really have enough time to complete my character sheet. Very sorry

Since you told me I could attack, I did.

To be honest, I always found it weird Belros can supposedly speak Orc. Especially growing up in an Elven town, did his mother teach him in secret? She must've, who else would? But how did she know Orc when she most likely did not have a loving relationship with Belros' father and thus would have no need to learn the language? He certainly wouldn't have gone out of his way to learn another language. Ah, plot holes.

Can you explain attacks of opportunity?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Majem I hate Attacks of Opportunity, to be honest. Worst system Paizo created, not because they are a bad system but because they were poorly thought of. To be honest, they probably won't be used in forum play like this because we aren't using a tabletop map like we'd use in an in-person game or by playing via roll20.

But I'll still try to explain as well as I can.

For instance, let's say we were playing this on a tabletop and the last turn happened where you went down. Getting up from prone, which is what you were while down, provokes an attack of opportunity from any enemy within one square of you on a tabletop map. So in this, the bad guy would have been able to attack you as you got up, before your attack.

If you decided to move on the map to pass a bad guy to attack the guy behind him, provokes. If you had a healing potion standing in front of that guy, drinking it provokes. If Orina was standing next to a bad guy with a melee weapon and shot an arrow, that provokes.

Really, while the system isn't all bad, there are a lot of things that provoke and end up confusing players, and especially new players and GMs.

If you wish to try and use Attacks of Opportunity, I'll let you because some have some obvious benefit... But I really don't think it will be easy in a forum setting, nor do I really enjoy them.

Learned something in my game today.

1 point of Healing will bring a negative Health player to 0. So if you are -9 and healing was done to you for, let's say 13 HP cured. 1 healing takes you to 0, and you have 12 more in the positive.

This is what happens when I am actually allowed to play with a DM that really understands what he's doing.

I see, haha. Well, either way, I'd have been back at full health.
So, no AoO's in this RP, then? I think I can live with that. I don't think I'll ever play a tabletop game of this anyway.

If you end up thinking you'd enjoy playing online with a similar style of play as a tabletop, Roll20.net is a fun place for playing. I play once a week right now, and am setting up a D&D 5e game I think but it might end up being Pathfinder if I don't get my hands on the DM guide for 5e like I'm trying to.

Anyway, is it my go or Orina's? Because I was waiting for Silver and since I've gotten nothing about an update in the actual game thread, I wanted to check. XD

That's alright, although I fear for the fact Jovian hasn't been online for two weeks.

Im sure he's around somewhere. We can always send him a PM

I'm around. Sorry for disappearing! Got fired, was depressed, got the flu... But I am ready to continue if you are.

I haven't gotten online because this is the only RP that has been active and I hadn't gotten any emails so I figured it was dead. I was giving it a little while before I totally gave up and sought new entertainment.

Reactions: Silver
You've had a busy couple of week to. I'm sorry to hear yours was rough though. I hope it gets better for you soon.
I had finals last week and I'd just gotten home like six days before from visiting with the boyfriend. Then I had family stuff swamp me and I had to study for said finals.

It's not dead yet!

I remember the days of finals. They sucked.

@Majem I need Belros to roll damage and update. That last attack from your previous post did hit, as did this one. I forgot to add your attack bonus.

@Silver I'm double checking your last post as well to make sure I didn't fudge that either. Your stuff was correct so you shouldn't need to fix anything. Gethin rolling a 20 is a natural critical hit so he will do double damage, unless you want me to pick a fun addition from a program I have that generates fun little additions to a critical hit.

I like choices, but double damage is cool to. he didn't roll much for damage though, I think it was a 2?

Yeah, it was a 2 which means 4 damage. Um... The other choices would be "Gut Slash - Double Damage and 1d4 bleed. Target cannot swallow whole" or "Flay - Normal damage plus 1d6 Str damage."

If you wanted fun little additions, it might cause a little bit of talk in this forum, but they can be pretty fun sometimes. But sometimes double damage alone is more than enough so it's really up to you and if you want to take the time for the choices.

These are both pretty hefty choices. Normally I get ones popping up that are like "normal damage and 1d8 bleed" or "normal damage and the target lost his weapon" or something. My players aren't as lucky as you apparently. XD

As I'm sure you will both notice, no matter what the choices or Belros's roll, you guys have won the fight.

Do you want me to give you experience and how much it takes to level, or do you just want me to say "you've leveled up" when it's about time for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.