Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably get my post up either Tuesday or Wednesday to move forward, just in case Ordered_Chaos does decide to post to be included in this fight. Otherwise, I'll have them join before we leave the town since Bediviere would know how many people she's looking for. Hopefully after we get out of the town and everyone is together or at least knows about when to jump in, then we'll be able to move forward a little more smoothly.

@Silver @Majem @Ordered_Chaos @Skooma

My apologies it's taking so long ;-;
Newbie to pathfinder, so i'm just figuring everything out

I'll probably get my post up either Tuesday or Wednesday to move forward, just in case Ordered_Chaos does decide to post to be included in this fight. Otherwise, I'll have them join before we leave the town since Bediviere would know how many people she's looking for. Hopefully after we get out of the town and everyone is together or at least knows about when to jump in, then we'll be able to move forward a little more smoothly.

@Silver @Majem @Ordered_Chaos @Skooma
I may take a while to make a character. Just saying.

@Ordered_Chaos

I'm going to go forward then, and have you jump in at a later point when you have finished your character. You'll have had the dream too, so Bediviere'll know to look for you. I think Skooma will be the only one who hasn't had the dream.

Let me know if you need any assistance with anything.

I thought I was going to have a post today, but if I do get it up it will be late. Probably look for it tomorrow once I have had a chance to run the program.

______

@Majem @Silver

If you want to have a say in your initiative roll and if you are planning on entering combat, you will want to roll it. For you, Silver, just roll it when you actually move to go outside. Majem, Belros will need it by the time I post or I'll be listing his spot in combat at where my program lists him at.

If you add a roll to your post, let me know so I will go check it before I post.

@Ordered_Chaos

I'm going to go forward then, and have you jump in at a later point when you have finished your character. You'll have had the dream too, so Bediviere'll know to look for you. I think Skooma will be the only one who hasn't had the dream.

Let me know if you need any assistance with anything.

I thought I was going to have a post today, but if I do get it up it will be late. Probably look for it tomorrow once I have had a chance to run the program.

______

@Majem @Silver

If you want to have a say in your initiative roll and if you are planning on entering combat, you will want to roll it. For you, Silver, just roll it when you actually move to go outside. Majem, Belros will need it by the time I post or I'll be listing his spot in combat at where my program lists him at.

If you add a roll to your post, let me know so I will go check it before I post.
Ok then, thank you

All right, I'm going to post once I have re-entered info into my program. Apparently it lost my original part info save file. ><

Shouldn't take me too long, and you should see a post sometime in the next hour.

Technically you can post any time, Orina. You just won't enter combat until after your next post at after all the other combat posts, and then if you want to roll your initiative you can or I can change the order to what my version of your initiative in the order on my program.

The longbow Bediviere offers is not Masterwork, by the way.

So my post has been made for the combat round.

@Silver has a chance to respond before the next combat round is started. Gethin acts when you do, and while Pathfinder says that an animal action takes up part of the master's action (for instance, telling it to attack takes up one action), I hate that rule and it has it's own two sets of actions.

@Majem As soon as that reply has been made you can post your response to the attack from Mendose. Mendose's damage roll says a d10, but I forgot I changed his weapon so the roll is subtracted by 2 and then the modifier is actually a +5 so 7 HP damage. I'll edit that in the post too, but wanted to explain that here in case you had seen the post.

For everyone: Two rolls in your post - Attack and Damage. I need to check to see if when you put in the sides you can say "+3" (ex) for your modifier so that the total reflects that addition. I am fairly sure it does, but I didn't think about it until I had already done all of my rolls, and I'm not 100% sure of that. I'll double check soon and let you know.

If you guys don't like that there's a ton of dice in a post, then as a reminder: I will accept time stamped dicebox rolls copy-pasted into the thread. If all of you think that's a better option, then we can all do that. I hold no preference save what makes everyone happy about the game/story. :D

An attack hits if the attack is the same as the AC or higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I was a little confused, but I get it now.

So, 20 for attack and 7 for damage for Belros as well? Wow, coincidence..

So I wait for the next round of combat, right? Or should I edit my post and have her start?

Also, I wasn't entirely sure about how to work the animal aspect thing. I looked it up and it didn't describe it as a spell ability or not, it called it a swift action. Do i need to roll for it? or is it fine?

Er... Animal aspect? I'll have to look it up. Until I do, it works. If it didn't say anything about a roll and just being a free action, then chances are that a roll is not needed.

The next round you can jump into combat.

• Thank You
Reactions: Silver
Oh! Animal Aspect the spell! No, there are no rolls for that one because the wolf would not care about making the save for it. It also doesn't have spell resistance, right? So there was no need for a roll. If you cast a spell against an enemy, then I need to roll for a save during my post.

• Thank You
Alright, I was making sure because I was under the impression that we'd have to roll for EVERYTHING. Then I went to go look up how to roll for it and there was nothing about it. I was concerned for a bit.

Nah, not everything. For the most part, you'll be doing rolls out of combat only if you wanna know something. Like, skill rolls can be requested and rolled in here even if I ask for one. The big thing is, if you know (and I am aware that's not a high chance) that you need to roll for something, then roll. For attacks and damage, you need to roll every time. If you want to kick open a door, that's an attack and damage roll. If you are looking through the trees, perception roll. But for anything else, don't worry about rolls unless I ask for one because chances are I'm ignoring a few things that would normally call for rolls because I'm describing it anyway because this is text based.

All tabletop games are different based on the avenue played. In person vs online, in a store vs at home, text vs speech... I'm trying to figure out the differences for text based too, so that I can prevent you guys from having to make massive quantities of rolls. Like if a monster attacks, I'm probably going to describe it and call it by name in my posts so you won't have to roll a knowledge to see if you know what it is, because I'm already describing it and that's just time consuming and pointless. If it was any other way of playing and not text based, you'd roll to see if you know what you're seeing.

Does this make sense?

@Majem You hit for a few points of damage, if you wanna describe how you swung in an edit for your post. My post will go up tomorrow sometime regardless to describe how bad he got hit and such.

Chances are I won't give these messages a lot, I'm only doing it this time because I was posting in this thread and not the story thread yet and there's time for you to edit if you choose. XD

• Thank You
I'm not sure if I will, so you don't have to wait for an edit from me.

So many dice boxes...

But, I changed Bediviere to a cleric by the way. Just so you guys know. I figured a passive healer as well as an active half one was a good idea, maybe? Especially given my history of enjoying sending players against some hard stuff.

Think I did her dice wrong there, but one of her abilities does 4d6 so when I look again, if that's what I did instead of the spell I meant, then I'll know for next time. I was going off memory. XD

So, I'm dying now? 13 +6 attack, 19 is higher than my AC of 18. And damage 3+5 is 8 vs. the 5 HP I had after the first attack, so I'm at -3 HP, which is lower than my CON score of 15, so I'm unconscious and dying, but not dead yet. Is that correct?

What's your AC and HP?

Sorry, read the email and immediately responded without looking first. ><

Yes. Those calculations mean you are unconscious and dying.

At this point, Orina will go, then Aldran, guards, Bediviere, and Mendose. In that order. Depending on the next round, you may be up for the following round.

First level fights are always a little wishy washy. Especially for a 2 v 3 fight like this was until now. :)

My post is officially done.

Belros will add 15 HP to his negative health.

Status
Not open for further replies.