Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I thought because the 13 attack roll missed.. Yeah, ok.

As for experience, I don't know. Either option is fine for me.

SO should we keep the same posting order now, or just post?

I think as long as no one gets left behind, it doesn't really matter if one of us gets a post fewer inbetween.

So as much as I hate to be a bother, I'm interested in joining this. I'm not the most experienced Pathfinder player, nor the most experienced in general with dice roleplay. But I know the basics, most of the time. I'm just prone to argue really stupid things, because I misread something, or interpret wrong. (My dullest moment, goes to arguing the emotion descriptor on Fearless curiosity as a feat. Not realizing it only applied to saving throw bonuses, and nothing else.)

Either way, I tend to lean toward two handed classes. Either playing an offense, Valkyrie-style Paladin, or playing a hulking barbarian. In this case, I think I'd be more focused on a barbarian build, as I'm a bit bored of playing the paladin. Sure the spells at later levels are absolutely astounding, in the amount of true BS they can do. However while it is my favorite play style. I'll be switching to my other class of choice.

I'll be posting up a character sheet soon, if that's alright. Sadly I have to get working on mine from scratch again. As I lost my old one long ago.

Also what level are your characters at currently? I ask so I know to scale my character up if needed, from level 1. So as to avoid complete slaughter upon entry into the game.

Character Name:Björn
Alignment:Chaotic Good
Player Username:Bismarck
Character Class:1d12 Barbarian
Deity:N/A
Homeland:Well while I did read through everything, I didn't catch a name to put here
Race:Human
Size:Medium
Height:6'3
Weight:210
Hair:Blonde
Eyes:Blue
STATS
STR:17+2= 19 (AM +4)
DEX:12 (AM +1)
CON:16 (AM +3)
INT:11
WIS:12 (AM +1)
CHA:7 (AM -2)
(AM being ability mod)
DEFENSE
HP:15
AC: 10+5+1=16. I won't be counting the others, as they don't apply in the slightest. The only things listed, are the base, armor, and dex bonus.
Touch: 11
Flat Footed:15
SAVING THROWS
FORT:3+4=7
REF:0+1=1
WILL:0+1=1
SPEED
Base Speed: 40ft
With Armor:30ft
Fly:N/A
Swim:
Climb:
Burrow:
OFFENSE
BAB:+1
CMB: 1+4+0=5
CMD:1+4+1+0+10=16
Weapons-Great Axe 1d12 for damage. x3 Crit. Weight 12lb. Type:S
Battleaxe(Secondary Weapon) 1d8. x3 Crit. Weight 6lb. Type:S
SKILLS
C Acrobatics(DEX) 1+1+3=5
C Climb(STR) 4
C Craft(INT) 0
C Handle Animal(CHA) -2+1+3=2
C Intimidate(CHA)-2+1+3=2
C Knowledge Nature(INT)
C Perception(WIS) 1+1+3=5
C Ride(DEX) 1
C Survival(WIS) 1
C Swim(STR) 4
Armor Class Items
Medium Armor
Scale Mail: +5 Armor Bonus. +1 Dex Bonus
GEAR
Free Outfit: One red and black kilt, a plain red scarf. His torso is bare aside from his armor. His feet are covered by black leather boots.
FEATS
Power Attack:

You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all melee attack rolls and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. This bonus to damage is increased by half (+50%) if you are making an attack with a two-handed weapon, a one handed weapon using two hands, or a primary natural weapon that adds 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier on damage rolls. This bonus to damage is halved (–50%) if you are making an attack with an off-hand weapon or secondary natural weapon.
When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and every 4 points thereafter, the penalty increases by –1 and the bonus to damage increases by +2.
You must choose to use this feat before making an attack roll, and its effects last until your next turn. The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.
Cleave: As a standard action, you can make a single attack at your full base attack bonusagainst a foe within reach. If you hit, you deal damage normally and can make an additional attack (using your full base attack bonus) against a foe that is adjacent to the first and also within reach. You can only make one additional attack per round with this feat. When you use this feat, you take a –2 penalty to your Armor Class until your next turn.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Fast Movement:
A barbarian's land speed is faster than the norm for her race by +10 feet. This benefit applies only when he is wearing no armor, light armor, or medium armor, and not carrying a heavy load. Apply this bonus before modifying the barbarian's speed because of any load carried or armor worn. This bonus stacks with any other bonuses to the barbarian's land speed.
Rage:
A barbarian can call upon inner reserves of strength and ferocity, granting her additional combat prowess. Starting at 1st level, a barbarian can rage for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + her Constitution modifier. At each level after 1st, she can rage for 2 additional rounds. Temporary increases to Constitution, such as those gained from rage and spells like bear's endurance, do not increase the total number of rounds that a barbarian can rage per day. A barbarian can enter rage as a free action. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive.
While in rage, a barbarian gains a +4 morale bonus to her Strength and Constitution, as well as a +2 morale bonus on Will saves. In addition, she takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase to Constitution grants the barbarian 2 hit points per Hit Dice, but these disappear when the rage ends and are not lost first like temporary hit points. While in rage, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma-,Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.
A barbarian can end her rage as a free action and is fatigued after rage for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the rage. A barbarian cannot enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted but can otherwise enter rage multiple times during a single encounter or combat. If a barbarian falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends, placing her in peril of death.

TRAITS
Courageous:
Your childhood was brutal, but you persevered through force of will and faith. No matter how hard things got, you knew you'd make it through as long as you kept a level head.
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against fear effects.
Axe to Grind:There is a fire in your heart that can't be quenched.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage against foes who are threatened by only you.
Inspiring Rush:
Your charge inspires nearby companions to new heights of daring.
Benefits: Once per day when you make a charge attack, you gain a +1 trait bonus on both your attack and damage rolls, as do any allies who make a charge attack before the beginning of your next turn.

FLAWS
Dyslexia:

Although you learned to read and write, reading can be difficult, and writing is commonly misspelled.
Prerequisite: You must be literate.
Effect: You take a -4 penalty on Decipher Script and Forgery checks. Classes that use a spellbook take twice as long to prepare spells.
Deadly Strength:
No matter what your character's intentions are, your attacks always cause lethal damage... even with your fists.
Effect: You may not chose to deal nonlethal damage. Attacks you make with weapons that cause nonlethal damage, including unarmed strikes, must be made to deal lethal damage instead. If you attack a creature you must make it lethal. When handling fragile things you must role 1D20 +strength bonus and if you get more then 10 you break it. Less then 10 you don't break it. You must do this every time you handle a fragile object
Fearless:
Your courage and overconfidence are extreme to the point of foolhardiness.
Effect: You cannot use the withdraw or total defense actions.
Pride:
No matter the odds, you refuse to retreat from battle due to your overwhelming pride and honor.
Effect: During combat, if you move further away from all enemies you are aware of, willingly or otherwise, you become shaken. This effect lasts until you move adjacent to an enemy in combat (even if this isn't until some time later).

WEIGHT
Light load:116lb
Medium Load:233lb
Heavy Load:350lb
Current load:70 and 1/2lb
MONEY
CP:
SP:
GP:10gp
PP:

HISTORY:Björn hails from a place, well out of the reach of civilization. He comes from a small, tribe of warriors, and even a few "Mystic men" as he likes to call them. He was of the warrior family, gifted with no magical ability, and nothing but the way of the blade. As such, that was how he was raised, to use anything he could as a weapon.

However his family in the tribe, excelled in one particular weapon. That weapon was the axe. Particularly the great axe, a massive, two handed, beast of a weapon. For generations, the family had taught the ways of the weapon, and passed down the item to the next of kin. It was tradition, and would never be broken. Or so the small tribe of barbarians, and the like thought. See, greed, and expansion are very powerful things indeed. Aren't they? As Björn was to find out, they ruled this land, so much so, that not even he, could believe the grasp that it had, and what it would drive men to do. Until the day, he came back from a hunt, to find his family, his village, his entire tribe, laying dead on the ground. The tents, the places they had called home, were destroyed.

Björn could not understand at the time, why another person, would have done this. All he knew was rage, as he looked on, and saw the remains of the soldiers that had done this. Or so he had thought they were. In reality, they were just a small party of men, left to tidy up, while the better, and stronger soldiers, went home, to rest. But that didn't mean a thing to Björn, not at all. As he looked down, at the ground, he saw his father, aged, and now deceased. A large stab wound through his chest. His fingers held loosely onto the family's prized axe. He picked it up, and charged those men, unlocking his inner rage, for the first time in his entire life. Killing all three, in a matter of minutes. But to him, it felt like hours of agonizing fighting, as he hit each one, in memory of his family, his wife, and his child.

Afterward, Björn could not stay, he had no chance if these same soldiers came back, looking for the men he had killed. Instead, he took off, wandering. Looking to at the very least preserve the last of his family's bloodline. And also, to bring honor to his name, so at least he could die in peace, knowing that his ancestors would look down, and smile on him.

As he walked, and he walked, he found himself finally nearing civilization. A small town off in the distance, something modest, for the more civilized people of the world. It was not like the kingdoms, he remembered hearing off, it was like his own village, except with stone, and mortar. Rather than leather, and canvas making up the buildings. He did not make it that day, as night had fallen. Instead he took the time to rest, and sleep. That night a dream came to him, one he didn't understand. Something his brain couldn't wrap around. But he knew it had a calling, and the calling started with that very town he looked upon.

He woke up early the next morning, and practically ran for the town. Passing by soldiers, travelers, farmers, and the like. His axe was strapped on his back, and on his hip was a smaller battle axe. He seemed to pose no threat, to some, he just looked like the odd mercenary, trying to get somewhere quickly, without a horse.

He arrived in the town only a few hours later, when it was still morning. He wanted, no, he needed to find these people he saw. Now. They were the only thing his life meant it felt like, now that his home was gone.

SPELLS
(Include name and description)

0th level

1st level

2nd level

3rd level

4th level

5th level

6th level

7th level

8th level

9th level

EXPERIENCE
Next Level:1300
And 100% Complete. Or at least it should be to my knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
So as much as I hate to be a bother, I'm interested in joining this. I'm not the most experienced Pathfinder player, nor the most experienced in general with dice roleplay. But I know the basics, most of the time. I'm just prone to argue really stupid things, because I misread something, or interpret wrong. (My dullest moment, goes to arguing the emotion descriptor on Fearless curiosity as a feat. Not realizing it only applied to saving throw bonuses, and nothing else.)

Either way, I tend to lean toward two handed classes. Either playing an offense, Valkyrie-style Paladin, or playing a hulking barbarian. In this case, I think I'd be more focused on a barbarian build, as I'm a bit bored of playing the paladin. Sure the spells at later levels are absolutely astounding, in the amount of true BS they can do. However while it is my favorite play style. I'll be switching to my other class of choice.

I'll be posting up a character sheet soon, if that's alright. Sadly I have to get working on mine from scratch again. As I lost my old one long ago.
Hey, don't worry. I've never even played a dice roleplay or anything like it before. And I think we could use another player as a lot of candidates dropped out of this.

I think the best place for you to start is Neimod, where all our characters are at the moment. It's described more in the IC thread than in here, I believe.
We're all level 1 characters, unless Jovian's making us level up after our first fight, I don't know how this usually goes.

Alright I have edited my sheet, and tuned it to be suitable at the moment for RP. It's just up to approval from the DM at this point. I'll be excited to adventurer with all of you, should I be accepted in. I hope my axe, and my other smaller axe with beneficial editions to the group.

Reactions: Silver
@Bismarck

According to this ability score calculator, you still have 7 points to spend. Also, I believe you have weight load for 16 strength, not 17, so light load: 86; medium load: 173; Heavy load: 260. I don't know enough about the rest to validate.

You went off the 25 point system, rather than 18? Well I wish that had been clarified by the sign ups. Is what it is though. I'll be sure to correct my stats to proper then.

You went off the 25 point system, rather than 18? Well I wish that had been clarified by the sign ups. Is what it is though. I'll be sure to correct my stats to proper then.
Jovian stated his creation rules in his second post in this thread.

Hmm, I must have missed a small snippet of that then. I read the rest, and got confused. Due to the fact the original post, said something of, 'No less than 7 points purchased, no more than 18".

Either way though, that was a rather nice boost to my overall stats. Leaves my carry capacity from fairly strong human, to pack mule, on steroids. Plus, it allowed me to earn one point to my strength ability mod. I just need to double check it all, and make sure I added all my stats back into everything right. Since my strength AM changed by a point.

Yeah, that means your points can't be lower than 7 for any stat, nor higher than 18 (unless you apply the +2 racial stat bonus afterwards).

Hmm, either way, I'm not complaining. It allowed me a massive boost in my character overall. Especially in his primary stat of strength.

@Bismarck Just give him a little backstory of some kind and I'm all game. You can jump in whenever you feel you are comfortable too.

@Silver @Majem Posting order is back to a free for all. I only structure posting order with fights.

Hmm, I'll do so then. I have something in mind for him.

However I must ask, if you could give me a quick rundown of what is going on in the story currently. So I can decided what to do, with my character. Based on his general personality as a whole.

The short bit is, the characters have a dream about a woman asking her for help.

An older elf comes to the town of Neimod and is searching for these dreamers with the help of a bird that seems to know who he's looking for to a point. While she was resting in a tavern that was hosting a party, one of the townsfolk rushed into the tavern to get help because some soldiers were harassing the waitress of the tavern while she was doing something outside and he's sweet on her (and most of the town's ladies). Belros, Majem's character, was in the tavern and Aldran, the townsfolk who went in for help, got his attention. Bediviere, the older elf, got Orina, Silver's character, a bow so that she could help, and the lot went out and took care of the soldiers.

We are now dealing with the aftermath of that, as well as Bediviere asking the group if they have had any interesting dreams recently.

Hmm, I'll be joining in soon. I just finished my backstory. Hope it all looks fine to you, I thought it would make for something interesting in his general attitude, and character.

Status
Not open for further replies.