Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, an opinion on it all would be greatly appreciated. I thought it was very interesting, I enjoyed writing it very much. But I want to make sure, it doesn't majorly conflict with any lore, or anything important.

Name: Asha Tsukiko

Race: Secretly a Kitsune. Posing as a human.

Class: Oracle

Hair: Long, black, and straight

Eyes: Orangeish Gold

Height: 5'3

Body Type: Petite and feminine

Appearance:
Asha has a short stature standing just a couple inches above five foot. For the most part, her body is somewhat petite but there is definitely a nice curve to it that most males, and some females!, find pleasing. Her skin is a soft, light tan in color, giving her a touch of warmth to her complexion. Asha does not have any large or noticeable scars to be found. She has a birthmark on her shoulder, but that's about it. She has no piercings either.

Asha's human shape has dark raven colored locks that nearly shine a blue in the right light. Her hair is often left undone and seems to always fall perfectly down to the top of her bum. Very rarely will the women put her hair up, and when she does it is usually in a very ornate fashion. Compared to the darkness of her hair, her eyes are a vibrant orangeish gold in color. Often the strangely colored orbs sparkle with mischief or good cheer. Asha does not often look somber or sad, instead her lips always seem to be tugging at a smile or smirk.

In her natural shape, that she's hardly ever in, Asha is a humanoid fox. In this form she stands a couple inches taller than her human one and her body morphs to have more animalistic features. Fur, soft to the touch she's proud to be able to say, the same color as her hair spreads and covers this shape's form. The tips of her ears and tail are a silver in color and her belly is a lighter black than the rest of her fur. Asha has to tails currently, both long enough that they need to curl at the tip so as not to drag on the ground. Her eyes remain the same as they do in her human shape. Asha is rarely ever seen in this shape, she much prefers to stay in her human guise.

Asha's clothes are simple, but clean and of nice quality. She wears a long skirt that has a bit of flow to it and a fittied top that has billowy sleeves that end in fitting cuffs before her wrist. A simple sash is settled at her waist. Her boots are simple, but sturdy and she has a large billowy cloak for cold nights on the road. She also has armor from her homeland that she stumbled across after leaving said land.

Background:
Asha had not always been a black kitsune. Once upon a time she, like her mother before her, had been born with fur paler than moonlight. She had become a skilled oracle at an early age however, she had grown up exceedingly sheltered within the walls of a temple. One day when she reached the equivalent age of 14, a man snuck into the temple. Asha, delighted to see a new face and unaware of the dangers strangers caused had run up to him in glee. The young kitsune had spent a couple hours with the strangr before it happened. She had been showing him a tapestry when she felt a tiny prick in the back of her neck, and then the burning started.

Three days and nights passed in flaming agony for the child before she woke. Her once glistening white fur had darkened to a deep black. It soon became apparent however, that this was not the only change that had occurred. When people came to the temple to be healed by the small oracle, they left disappointed. Where once her small hands had healed the sick, they now did nothing. At the time, it seemed as if the oracle had lost her ability to be an oracle. The people and kitsune at the temple began to whisper.

Two full years passed before the little oracle discovered her new ability. It happened quiet on accident one morning while she was going through meditation. Instead of going to the courtyards as she usually had, the girl had decided to stay in her own rooms. When she returned from her meditation. She'd been holding a pen and across the floor before her where words hinting to the future. When she showed the people at the temple, instead of happiness, Asha saw fear on her faces. A sinking feeling entered her gut that night as she began to remember all of the whispered rumors about her incident two years before. Even as dread filled her, the girl took out a journal and let herself enter into a trance again. When she awoke, she had the answer before her. Three nights later, Asha ran.

Over the next four years, some of Asha's healing abilities returned to her as she wandered around from place to place looking for a home. In those four years she had retaken her natural form but a handful of times. It was easier if folks thought she were human. Between what she had observed at the temple and her venture in the world, Asha could pass for human without suspicion not long after she left the temple. The kitsune provided for herself singing, playing her beloved flute, and telling fortunes where she could. Asha had always been naturally charismatic and this served her well as she bounced around. Soon, the freedom and the wide open spaces seemed to breed a new feeling of ease in the girl. Although she had experienced many hardships at first, by the end of these initial four years, Asha rarely ran into a problem that she couldn't talk her way out of. The kitsune made many acquaintances and friends on her journey before she finally found a small town to settle in and call home. The majority of the people where elves, humans, and half-elves. But it was a nice little community and Asha integrated herself into it as a human fortune teller. Of course, most of the people thought it was hogwash and she suffered a little for it financially. But she got by.

Personality:
Asha is friendly and most people find her charming. However, she is playful and often full of mischief. The kitsune has a hard time sitting still. Although she has known sorrow, the raven haired girl prefers to remain in high spirits, and so it is very rare to see the girl in any kind of negative mood. However, there are times when the emotions she bottles up burst forth, and sometimes it can take up to a day for Asha to settle herself back down. The kitsune has a soft spot for children, but cannot turn away anyone who hasn't wronged her who asks for her help.

Other:
Originally from Machi's High Temple.

Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=131206

Like the character, definitely going to be beneficial to have a healer of sorts. Or what I assume is a healer, based on my memory of the Oracle class. Especially with what...we have myself as a Barbarian. Do we have any other major front line classes?

Majem's character is a fighter
Your character is a barbarian
One of my characters is a hunter and she has a wolf
Jovian's NPC that hangs with the group is aaaaaaaaaa *goes and double checks* Cleric

Then my second character is the new oracle that just got submitted. She has some healing, but she's not a complete healer. But if we need her to be I can switch out her Mystery and she'll be a pretty solid healer after. Right now she has the occult mystery. Which isn't really the healing one, but her curse givers her the lay on hands ability and she'll get mercies as she levels. Plus she'll know all the cure spells as she levels. If I switch her to life she'll get extra healing stuff. I figured I'd hold off on putting her in the game for a day or so to see what happens.

P.S.: Your back story is pretty cool.

Hmm, well either way it's your character. We don't need a major combat healer in my opinion. So the abilities you have for healing right now, will be effective, as they are mostly out of combat, in between encounter, type spells if my memory serves me well. So in reality, so long as you can make sure health pools don't dip below mid range outside of combat, we should be a 100% fine.

Also, thank you very much. I'm glad you like my back story, I thought it fitting to both get him into the town that way. I also thought it would show the kingdom in a more corrupt light, as it should. Or at least the nobles, who did so to him. In short, I was looking to both introduce him well, and add some major side story, and huge character aspects to consider with Björn.

Lord, between Belros, and Björn we have the strength to break down a damn wall. Björn is stronger than a Minotaur, or a Centaur (Only by a point, but still a big difference). Whereas Belros, by a single point more, comes in as strong as an ogre, or a Flesh Golem.

However, Björn can rage, which does give him +4 to STR for a short while. Which puts him up to 23 STR while raging. Lord knows, there is so much damn muscle in this party, that only poor dice rolls would be able to stop it.

Aldran has the same strength as Björn.. We could carry a horse.

We could carry a lot of things. Also, just realized I forgot my traits, and flaws...I'ma add those in real quick. Since flaws don't tend to have a major effect on stats. At least the ones I tend to choose. (Really I'm only in it for the bonus feats).

Either way, I mean, we effectively have a bunch of pure meat heads, ready to fight. I mean, if there's a door in the way, it will be destroyed. No need for lock picks!

Now tell me, we are limited to, two traits. However is there a limit on flaws? I take we don't have a limit, because flaws provide no benefit, most of the time.

To my understanding, if you only take two traits you don't need a flaw. But if you want three traits then you do need one.

Really I was just planning to take a shit load of flaws. I'm not gonna lie, I wanted to add an interesting factor to the character, and some of them actually have a reasonable effect based on his backstory. Such as Dyslexia, Fearless, and Pride. One of them however, is more for a laugh, or seemed to match the character in a way. That one is Deadly Strength, as I thought perhaps with how absurdly strong he is, it would fit, plus it brings a laugh here and there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you can if you want, ask Jovian first. Some of those things you listed though could just be part of his personality without counting as too much of a flaw though, right?

Also: I've decided that if Gethin ever gets to the point of being able to talk. He's going to be snarky as fuck.

Hmm, well the reason I take them as flaws, is because they are flaws in reality. I mean, they have a huge effect on what the character can do. Deadly strength for instance, I can't pick up anything fragile, without rolling to make sure I don't shatter it. Pride, makes it so I can't disengage, without huge penalty to my character. Etc, etc.

Oh, and if that wolf does talk at any point, I'll be amused to see it.

But aren't those things you can roleplay out if you really wanted to? I understand what you're getting at, but...hm, or maybe I don't this is the first dice game I've ever played.

.....This may be a stupid question.....But do I need to figure out the stats for her grandmother so she can roll a die and heal him? ....Or can we just say she healed him?

Meh, really it just adds some small restrictions, that belong on the character sheet. No more, no less. I mean, it's pretty important, to know I can't pick up fragile things, without breaking them, and I can not choose to do nonlethal damage ever again.

The whole point is just stats. Pride, makes it so if I do get too far away from an enemy, my character becomes shaken, until I get near another enemy again. I will remain shaken too, until I meet another enemy. Which means I could be shaken for a turn, or for a day, or more.

So you know, that's why. Plus I took an extra trait because of it, since these flaws are so major in a way. Either way, it's part of his personality. But it's also majorly a part of his statistics too.

As for the other question on stats for the grandma, I have no idea, that's Jovian's call I think.

I don't know how, but I had Belros's and Bjorn's heights mixed up so I edited my last post a little bit. My apologies.

Either way, I know Björn is still a little taller than your elf. I believe your elf is 6'1, and he is 6'3 rather. Also to my knowledge, I can't see any reason, not to just roleplay out the healing. There is no mortal wounds dealt, really it just needs to be washed, and possible re-bandaged. So I don't believe we need to figure out a whole NPC for this.

Yea, but for some reason I had it stuck in my mind that he was like 6'6ish. *shakes head* So I thought he was a lot taller but Belros is the huge one. Whichhhhh I should've remembered because human and half-orc.... yea v.v

And alright, I'll go ahead and respond, can always leave it open ended anyways in case a roll is needed.

Yeah, we have the problem of everyone, being pretty tall. Save for the Kitsune that you made. Everyone in the party is above 6 foot tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.